San Francisco Job Description Sample
Forward Deployed Engineer
We are looking for a highly talented and passionate individual to join our team of engineers deployed to the front line.
This is where the rubber meets the road, where the product has to meet customer needs and create value. You are an engineer who loves data and wants to see technology and data used successfully. You have a great attention to detail and are very proactive in seeking potential roadblocks to success. You have great people skills and know how to manage the trust and expectations of a customer.
Above all, you want to make it work! You know how to get the relevant people to help you achieve this goal, and you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and write code in whatever language makes sense to bypass obstacles and make things work.
You handle pressure well and you love being part of a team that wins.
You will build tools to extend the manageability of the product and ensure customer success.
You will be working closely with the founders and the engineering team helping define customer requirements, sell our value proposition, deploy the product and make customers productive and successful on our platform. Also, as a key customer-facing engineer, you will be providing valuable product feedback and help improve the functionality and deployability of ActionIQ.
- BS in Computer Science or similar.
- Proficient in at least 1 programming language.
- Ability to engage with both the business and technical teams of a client.
- Ability to relay a business problem in a clear and concise way from the customer to our product and engineering teams.
- Ability to explain technical problems or concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical users.
- Fluent in English.
- 1+ years in a client-facing role that involves being a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users.
- 1+ years in a technical role that involves managing and manipulating large data sets (100’s of GB), such as ETL, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Data Science, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, etc), Java/Scala, and/or Git.
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Work with a top notch engineering team building a leading edge data solution
- Learn the business side of data, technology and enterprise software. Find out what it really takes for software to deliver real value for real customers.
- Work with leading edge marketing organizations and acquire deep understanding of how modern consumer marketing functions.
- Top health insurance benefits
- Great office and location in lower Manhattan (Flatiron district)
Part-Time Sales Specialist
Part Time Sales Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Vilebrequin naturally found its place in the world of luxury where it has become the ultimate reference in men’s swimwear. Throughout its exceptional history, the brand has remained true to its original spirit and values, combining freedom and elegance.
A Vilebrequin Sales Specialist is responsible for understanding the mindset of the Vilebrequin brand and strives to bring it to life every day. Each Specialist must provide attentive and knowledgeable assistance to ensure the highest level of customer service.
-Follow company policies, procedures and use visual techniques to maintain the visual standards according to Vilebrequin guidelines
-Strives to stay current on all products in order to successfully assist customers
-Demonstrates effective communication with customers, coworkers, and managers
-Maintains sales floor, stock room, fitting rooms, and cash wrap
-Performs register transactions in according with POS guidelines - handles cash and provides change without error
-Consistently meet individual and store sales goals
-Assists with sending/receiving shipments of merchandise
-Leads by example and positively influences others
-Execute and follow opening and closing procedures
-Strong attention to detail
-Reliability and consistent attendance and punctuality
-Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights and weekends on a weekly basis as business requires
-Previous experience in luxury retail preferred
-Maintain a professional appearance and behaviors and follow dress code standards
-Weekly Bonus Structure
-Performance-based opportunities for advancement
Fine Jewelry San Francisco Consignment Director
SUMMARY: Responsible for building relationships, acquiring auction consignments, and providing expert opinions for authenticating and condition evaluations of property offered for consignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate property and establish auction estimates.
- Acquires consignments.
- Assists with authentication, cataloguing, essays, and condition reporting as needed.
- Proof reads catalogs, essays, and advertising copy.
- Markets lots in auctions to various clients.
- Participates in expansion of client database.
- Answers inquiries.
- Oversees previews and actively participate in auctions.
- 5+ years’ experience in a major auction house preferred and/or as a commercial dealer with a focus in fine and estate jewelry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidate is a go-getter, outgoing, self-motivated, independent professional.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, high ability to multitask, pay attention to detail, and have a positive attitude with good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
The Concord Group is looking for an Office Coordinator. If you see challenges as opportunities, are always thinking five steps ahead, are detail oriented and enjoy being part of a young, motivated team - then The Concord Group is looking for you. The Office Coordinator reports to the office Principal and is integral to the operation of the office and support of a 15-person consulting team in San Francisco.
As Office Coordinator, you will:
- Manage office tasks such as ordering office supplies, food, logistics etc.
- Take ownership in maintaining the tidiness of the office
- Proactively seek ways to streamline office processes and leverage best practices
- Help plan events and manage them to a budget
- Provide HR assistance and aid with recruiting activities and on-boarding
- Interface with IT vendor to ensure smooth operations
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements; create detailed itineraries
- Manage and maintain a busy calendar and respond to emails
- Create and manage vendor relationships, address service requests, and equipment repairs
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and presentations
- Aid with project scheduling and set up, proposals, expense report preparation and monthly billing
- Perform some personal assistant tasks (family travel, gifting, etc.)
- Answer phones and perform general administrative functions
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred
- Some experience in an office coordination or administrative role
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
- Self-directed - able to determine priorities, make decisions, and manage time well
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and see projects through
- Punctual, courteous, professional, and reliable
- Efficient expense management and budgeting skills
- Exceptional organization and customer service skills
- Positive attitude
Company Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Profit sharing/401k Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
To apply, please complete the linked application form with your cover letter and resume (with your name on it).
Start date is flexible depending on mutual timing, immediate candidates preferred.
The Concord Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Executive Chef - San Francisco
Seeking strong Executive Chef with background in chef-driven, upscale Italian cuisine. Leadership skills including managing, coaching, and motivating a team a must. Strong recipe and menu development knowledge, local vendor relations and ability to replicate and teach recipes. MUST be willing to work the line daily and exhibit strong administrative skills including costing, inventory, scheduling, and labor. Opening experience a PLUS!
VPN (The Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana) Certification a HUGE plus!
Position is available ASAP. Will consider strong CDC ready to take his/her next step.
Relocation assistance is available.
- Minimum 3 years' of culinary management experience
- Strong, Chef-driven pedigree
- Good understanding of local cuisine, purveyors/farmers and vendors
- True leadership
- Friendly, clear communicators only
- Strong references a must
- Culinary Degree Preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Target-based incentives
- Full benefits
- Relocation assistance available
California Senior Director Of Philanthropy
The Senior State Philanthropy Director is responsible for the vision, planning and implementation of all fundraising activities to support the Trust for Public Land’s operating needs, Parks for People and land protection activities in the state of California. The State Director of Philanthropy works closely with the State Director and oversees a team of front line fundraisers to develop fundraising goals and projections and to build a major gifts program with a special focus on individual giving. This position interacts closely and frequently with donors and Advisory Board members. It also works closely with the California program’s leadership team and Field Program leadership, program and administrative staff, and philanthropy colleagues nationwide. The State Director of Philanthropy reports to the Associate Vice President, of Field Philanthropy.
30% California Philanthropy Program Oversight: In cooperation with the State Director and California Philanthropy staff, oversees all fundraising activities in the state, with a special emphasis on identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major donors and maintenance and growth of foundation and corporate donors. Leads the development and implementation of a California-wide philanthropy plan. Includes developing an annual Philanthropy action plan, revenue and expense budgets, and annual and long-range (3-5 years) fundraising goals. Works with State Director and staff to identify gift opportunities in California. Liaison with marketing to package TPL programs and projects to prospects, and in developing fundraising materials as needed. Oversees the planning and implementation of donor-oriented special events. Responsible for management of all donor communications for the State Office in coordination with the national Donor Relations team and Marketing departments.
30% Senior Relationship Manager: Manages a portfolio of about 50 donors and prospects with an emphasis on individual major donor prospects. Includes donor visits, cultivation and stewardship activities, and solicitations. Creates engagement strategies, leads cultivation teams, and writes solicitation letters, proposals, and other cultivation materials. Promotes blended gifts, planned giving, and involves peer volunteers, leadership, senior management, and project staff in cultivation as needed.
20%California Advisory Board: Partners with State Director, Board Liaison and Advisory
Board Chair(s) to build and elevate the California Advisory Board, including identifying and
cultivating new board members with high giving capacity, setting meeting agendas and
providing content and overseeing the philanthropy-related activities of the Board.
20% Management: Coordinates mentors and coaches the overall California-based philanthropy
team, which includes direct and indirect supervision of six philanthropy staff.
The California State Philanthropy Director is expected to:
- Carry between 30 active, high-level prospects and approximately 20 pipeline prospects
- Make at least 100 visits with donors and prospects, annually
- Assure that California Philanthropy goals and budget are met or exceeded
- Develop, implement, and follow up on the fulfillment of annual and long-range California Philanthropy strategic plans
- Personally raises $1-3M in private support in collaboration with other staff in the organization.
- Minimum eight to ten years of fundraising experience, including direct major gift solicitations
- Experience supervising philanthropy staff in multiple geographies
- Ability to organize and motivate others, including direct reports, peers, and volunteers
- Experience creating and following through on detailed donor strategies and action plans
- Expertise in current fund raising techniques (moves management, donor-centered communication, sophisticated stewardship techniques)
- Experience in writing grant proposals or other fundraising materials strongly preferred
- Experience managing donor cultivation events
- Demonstrated experience with volunteer boards
- Demonstrated experience using a philanthropy database program
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with organizational skills and attention to detail
- Available for significant travel, in particular, to Los Angeles (up to 30-40%)
- Knowledge of and experience with state philanthropic communities
- Strong interest in and commitment to land conservation
- Bachelor’s degree required
Payroll Compliance Auditor - San Francisco, CA
Miller Kaplan Arase LLP is a CPA firm committed to excellence in work product and client service. We specialize in Entertainment, Licensing and Royalties, Media, Employee Benefit Plans, Labor Organizations and Nonprofit Organizations.
- Provide detailed analysis of findings and coordinate all analytical, technical and research tasks.
- Work closely with clients, supervisors, managers, and partners.
- Evaluate and determine compliance standards to provide audit reports for payroll, pension, and other assessments for clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the entertainment industry is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced environment.
- Bookkeeping or related payroll experience desired.
- Knowledge of payroll taxes and payroll systems recommended.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Preferably one (1) year or more of payroll audit work experience.
- Some traveling required to client work sites within the greater
- BA/BS degree preferred; good database and numbers skills required.
Principal Gifts Officer
This position will be based in a major city, such as San Francisco, San Jose, or New York City.
1. Develops cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of prospects and donors. Builds and manages a network of relationships with prospective donors involving organization leaders. Facilitates and coordinates all communication with
these prospects and among the prospect’s organizational relationships. Promotes positive relations with these prospects and donors.
2. Evaluates various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and recommends the most suitable for a particular donor.
3. Interacts with internal contacts such as executive team members, program directors, state directors and other fundraising staff to consult on organizational needs, to formulate strategies to promote prospect engagement with the organization and to identify potential donors.
4. Assist with the strategy for and creation of written communications from various program leaders appropriate to a donor’s interests.
5. Typically participates (often in concert with others) in gift solicitations to fund organization-wide or regional programs and to enhance the fundraising efforts of key state programs.
6. Implement tailored donor cultivation and stewardship events when appropriate. Identify and cultivate new possible event hosts.
7. Stay abreast of changes and innovations in federal and state tax laws that may be relevant to major gifts prospects.
8. May travel (possibly extensively) commensurate with the organization’s standard expectations for fundraising activity, contact and travel. Performs additional philanthropy-related activities/efforts at the request of the manager.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five to seven years of experience in fundraising or a related field. Experience working with sensitive information and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Professional credibility, intellectual depth, maturity, and collaborative skills to lead others by influence.
• A commitment to The Trust for Public Land’s mission and values.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Creative and entrepreneurial outlook with a strong intellectual curiosity.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a complex environment.
• Ability to present complex funding opportunities to prospective donors in person and in writing.
Preferred Education and Experience
Personal success cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual donors at the seven and eight-figure levels. Experience engaging unaffiliated, high net worth individuals as prospects. Experience working closely with an organization’s president or CEO, senior leaders, and fellow philanthropy professionals.
The Trust for Public Land is a national conservation-focused non-profit organization with a “land for all people” mission. We like to say that our work spans from neighborhood parks to national parks, and equity is at the heart of all of our work. Our organization has been preserving Americans’ quality of life by connecting communities to the outdoors – and to each other – since our founding in 1972. The Trust for Public Land has also helped states and local communities generate over $70 billion in new public funds for parks and open space. Creating parks and protecting our open space and important landscapes improves public and environmental health, delivers cleaner air and drinking water quality, and delivers multiple benefits to nearby communities. Studies have shown repeatedly that these spaces have significant physical, psychological, and emotional impacts on people who spend time in them. By enhancing access to parks and nature, we strengthen our relationship to the outdoors and to each other, improving well-being, creating new opportunities for inspiration, and stimulating economic prospects for the entire community. This is The Trust for Public Land’s priority. Come join our successful team and help us deliver our land for all people mission.
Human Resources Assistant For Top CPA Firm
We are looking for a dynamic and welcoming positive ‘people person’ for an internal- and external-facing junior role. Our CPA firm has a great opportunity for a highly-organized, detail-oriented individual that is comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities. He or she will be responsible for various HR functions, and work closely with the firm's leadership to retain and recruit accountants to our 100-person (and growing!) accounting firm. This is a position for someone who is outgoing with strong verbal and written communication skills, and can engage with and evaluate potential candidates to be great accountants and future leaders. The ideal candidate is always willing to go above and beyond for our employees and foster a welcoming employee environment.
Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of human resource and recruiting activities.
Human Resources Assistance
- Performance appraisal tracking
- Production reporting
- Update Intranet with new employees, employee spotlights, etc.
- Manage employee programs, such as onboarding and recognition
- Conduct employee surveys, organize events and coordinate giveaways
- Other HR administrative responsibilities as needed
- Work internally to develop job descriptions
- Working with LinkedIn Recruiter and other recruiting tools/job platforms; conduct phone screens
- Communicate with candidates during hiring process using applicant tracking system
- Extensive interview scheduling and preparation for in-house interviews
- Organize campus recruiting events
- Other recruiting administrative functions as needed
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective administrative and project management skills; demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines; well-organized
- Proficient in MS Office
- Previous work experience with a professional services firm
- Previous experience with an ATS system, Intranet and/or LinkedIn Recruiter
Top Reasons to Work with Shea Labagh Dobberstein
- Public accounting firm with a long-standing reputation in the community; you will get to work with a diverse team of professionals.
- Culture of promoting from within and opportunities for professional growth.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Great work-life balance.
- 4.5 overall rating on Glassdoor.
- Excellent office location adjacent to Montgomery Street BART/Muni station.
General Manager - Popular, Upscale, Chef-Driven Group
Chef-driven restaurant group is seeking experienced General Manager with vast experience in high volume, food-focused, fine dining service. Strong wine and beverage knowledge a MUST! Ideal candidate will also exhibit strong leadership, poise, and have genuine passion for local, organic ingredients and modern food trends. Candidate must also have strong administrative skills including hiring, training, coaching, SOP's, inventory, purchasing, timekeeping, scheduling, and strong P&L oversight and management.
- Relocations not considered for this role.
- Sommelier Certification and/or Culinary Degree a PLUS!
- Position is available ASAP.
- Bachelors or Culinary Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years AGM/GM experience
- Good understanding of local cuisine, purveyors/farmers and vendors
- All necessary admin skills
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits
- Bonus potential
- Room for Growth
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!