Hr Manager Job Description Sample
A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company
-Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. We formed this division after the acquisition of two leading brands in the refrigerated plant protein category – Lightlife Foods (located in Turners Falls, MA) and Field Roast Grain Meat Company (located in Seattle, WA). As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we advance our strategic agenda in the plant protein space, remaining agile and quick to react to change. Our focus on growth is laser-like, riding the fast growing plant-protein movement.
Our job is to make great food
Greenleaf Foods, located in Elmhurst, IL embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 400+ employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Plant Leader, the HR Manager leads and influences the HR activities at the non-unionized manufacturing facility in Turners Falls, MA. The Human Resources Manager has the direct accountability for ensuring that the Human Resources planning and results (Performance Management, Recruitment, Recognition, Training and Development, Engagement and Communication) are aligned to meet the Plant and Greenleaf operations and business needs. This leader should clearly know and understand the value of maximizing employee discretionary performance, through an engaging leadership style. They should clearly understand that sustainable long term results can only be achieved through a team that understands and focuses their energy on the key objectives that drive success, has the skill set needed to execute against the business need, and has a high desire to contribute and win.
.A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Manage the Human Resources function to ensure that key HR initiatives are aligned with the Plant operational strategy
• Primary deliverables include tools and interventions in the areas of performance management, work environment practices, rewards and recognition, retention, leadership development, compensation, employee development and advancement, diversity and employee satisfaction
• Provides advice and guidance in all Employee Relations matters, including dispute resolution and all disciplinary matters
• Ensure that Human Resources Key Performance Indicators such as Attendance, Turnover, Retention are tracked and monitored
• Manages full cycle recruitment; recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
• Facilitate execution of plant operations and corporate programs (e.g. succession planning, orientation, PAD and DAP planning etc.)
• Prepares and administers the HR budget and ensuring effective control to ensure that spending is within budget
• Drives Continuous Improvement initiatives related to Human Resources.
• Develops and drives the execution of an annual HR Plan for the facility which focuses on the delivery of key Plant and Corporate HR initiatives
• Manage and administrate payroll, 401K and benefits
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Human Resource, Federal and State requirements; maintaining records, conducting investigations and representing the organization at hearings
• Leads plant compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Department of Labor, Worker’s Compensation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
What we have to offer you:
-Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
-Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employee
-Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Post-secondary degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Commerce or Business Administration
• SPHR designation or equivalent is preferred
• Minimum eight to ten years previous related experience with at least three years’ management experience within a non-union manufacturing environment
• A well-developed HR Professional with a solid Generalist and Change Management background
• A proven track record of proactively managing the Employee/Management relationship
• Passionate about coaching, mentoring and developing people to achieve positions of greater responsibility
• Strong business and operational acumen particularly within manufacturing and/or food processing
• Demonstrated initiative, drive and leadership; excellent communication skills
• Results orientated, able to work as part of a functional team; must be an exceptional fit with our Greenleaf Values
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, possess the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong problem solving skills, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and HRIS systems including SAP
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Audio savings is a fast growing online audio equipment dealer seeking a full time HR Manager to assist us in our growth. The ideal candidate will oversee every aspect of the office space and focus on enabling employee productivity and happiness as well as execute a wide array of people-related initiatives to support our company culture. We’re looking for someone who can take on whatever tasks need to be done, from strategy to small-scale implementation..
Responsibilities of the HR manager:
-Meet with upper management to develop recruitment plans.
-Help fill open positions by posting ads to job boards.
-Maintain and update all employee files.
-Enforce company policies as stated in the company handbook.
-Meet with employees regarding disciplinary Issues
-Meet with employees to address possible employee concerns
-Make suggestions, and/or recommendations to upper management regarding company culture and processes.
-Work collaboratively to create an inclusive, productive, and fun work environment
-Research and plan team building activities and events.
- You have 2-3 years of office management or HR experience.
- Must be proactive and detail oriented as well as posses strong organization skills
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, and quick books.
Attributes of the HR Manager:
- A great listener.
- Someone who takes the time to learn what’s valuable and important to the staff.
- Ability to define needs and expectations of staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to collaborate with upper management and adapt to a changing fast paced environment in order to meet agreed upon goals
- Willing to learn new approaches and make changes to methods when necessary.
-Paid Personal Time
-Company events/outings (fishing trips, bbq's hiking, etc...)
Foosball table :)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!