Chicago Job Description Sample
Chicago Managing Director
3Recruiting is an independent recruiting and search firm that was built on three core principles. Relationships. Reliability. Results. We work very hard to provide a genuine and personal approach to the recruitment and hiring process for our professional job seekers and our many client companies.
We currently partner with a prominent staffing industry leader in the marketing, creative, communications and digital markets. Our client has been long established in the Chicagoland area and is currently looking for an experienced Managing Director to lead the sales and recruiting teams. In addition to the creative niche, this position would also direct the strategy of a consulting practice.
Responsibilities for this position include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall branch performance. It will be the responsibility of the Managing Director to recruit, hire, train, coach and mentor the sales and recruiting teams.
- It is the culture of our client to expect all leaders to lead by example. Grow existing client relationships as well as develop new business of their own. Respect will be earned by the business that you do.
- As local leader, you will manage overall strategy, conduct branch review meetings and forecast the growth of the branch financials to achieve budget and profitability goals.
To qualify for this job position:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business related is strongly preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Professional sales and relevant staffing experience is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, management and problem-solving skills are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jill@R3RecruitingKC.com
Software Engineer II
At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can’t afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world’s leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for talented and highly motivated senior software engineers to join our team. As a growth stage technology company, NextCapital is seeking developers eager to be part of a team, working closely with every part of the company from graphic designers to the executive team. Learn more about us at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write high quality, well-tested, and scalable code
- Evaluate the short- and long-term implications of every implementation decision
- Grow professionally and learn from other accomplished developers through pair coding while helping your peers to do the same
- Make an immediate impact by quickly getting up to speed and building features from start to finish
- Collaborate on system architecture
- Review and provide feedback on code in development
- Evaluate new technologies, prototype new approaches to problems and make the business case for change
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- You love tackling really tough problems, and value the correct solution over a sloppy one
- You have a passion for software development, with side projects to prove it
- You understand test-driven-development, and you’re a capable debugger
- You’re comfortable reading & writing code, and can describe what each part of the code is doing
- You are interested in mentoring new engineers and leading teams while still being hands on with code
- You’re passionate about our mission to democratize financial advice
- You can negotiate a path forward with peers even when there are disagreements, while maintaining a positive and constructive attitude
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math/Physics, Software Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering), or equivalent professional experience
OUR TOOL KIT
We believe in using the best tool for the job, and also relying on the strengths of our team. While most engineers lean toward front- or back-end development, we encourage full-stack learning which makes our team nimble enough to tackle the diverse set of challenges we face. Here are the key technologies that we use everyday:
- Ruby on Rails
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
- Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality designers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
- Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with unobstructed views of the lake and Millennium Park.
- Sip locally roasted coffee, iced tea, cold brew, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk.
Tech - Solar
The Solar Field Service Technicians is responsible for the onsite maintenance and operation of large remote solar power plants, including but not limited to site safety & environmental, electrical system maintenance, control systems, sub-contractor management, vegetation management, site field reports, and other duties as required to properly maintain and operate the site within the contractual requirements. This position will work closely with the Remote Operations Center Client Services and must be able to work independently with little to no supervision and will be required to work in the field under various conditions including night work as required. Candidates must have a strong background in electrical maintenance and troubleshooting, preferably in the renewable energy field.
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
Tech - Solar
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Onsite safety and environmental compliance adherence
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, lead daily safety meetings, properly generate and complete JHA, LOTO, and other safety related documentation as per OSHA and site specific requirements.
- Review site manuals and drawings to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment
- In field work including electrical and mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance of site equipment, vegetation management, site field reporting, work order completion, and other work as needed.
- Perform testing on equipment, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshoot PV system performance issues and locate & isolate ground faults.
- Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment in the renewable industry.
- Quality assurance for all work performed on site
- Must be able to work closely with Remote Operations Center (ROC) to react and resolve production related issues as they arise in the field
- Vegetation management and overall site cleanliness
- Communicate with internal and external customers as required
- Work closely with the Planning and Scheduling team to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and work orders are completed accurately and on time
- Generate professional service specific reports using work order system or Microsoft Office that can be presented to the customer.
- Ensure that all issues at the site are documented in the work order system and are addressed in a timely manner.
- Planned and unplanned over time and night work may be required
Tech - Solar
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school Graduate
Formal electrical training or 5 years’ equivalent experience in maintaining power generation electrical equipment
Electrical – Certified Electrician (Journeyman level) form relevant state
Technician - Solar SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Strong understudying of OSHA safety requirements including LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- Valid state drivers license
- 1 plus years of PV power plant maintenance experience
- Strong electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Technical knowledge of solar, and PV, related applications.
- Strong work ethic, be a self-starter and work with little to no supervision.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate, track, and complete site work requirements.
- Experience with using plant control and monitoring systems to diagnose plant problems and monitor site daily performance
- Ability to understand and work within company business processes and ensure an efficient working environment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and quality orientation
- Able to work within a project team and to spend long hours alone
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Travel may be required – up to 25%
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow.
- Perform work at various heights up to 50’, working from ladders, bucket trucks, scaffolding, catwalks, aerial lifts or other safe working platforms.
- Work in restricted areas like trenches or switchgear rooms and infrequently like manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attic spaces, etc.
- Working around high voltages and currents.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands and fingers
- Working days, nights, weekends, and overtime as required.
Tech - Solar
Eyewear Consultant - Sales Associate
Food Service Worker Loyola - Damen Food Court
Technology Project & Program Manager
Director Of Cyber Security Consulting (Penetration Testing – Ethical Hacker)
Cut Fruit Team Member Part Time
Systems Admin Sr
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!