Boston Job Description Sample
Sr. Java Developer
- Microservice architecture using RabbitMQ for internal communication, with services mainly written for the JDK (Java/Groovy/Kotlin) and Ruby
- Native mobile applications on Android and iOS
- Responsive client applications built on ReactJS, Redux, and TypeScript
- CMS using Drupal
- Modern continuous integration and deployment, using technologies including Concourse, Docker, and BOSH
- Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, Apache Spark, machine learning, to make informed business decisions
- Design, implement, deliver, and maintain applications and features for members, customer support, and administrators
- Work closely with product designers, product managers and quality engineers to turn requirements and design documents into elegant code and delightful user experience
- Use modern tooling for iterative and rapid development, integrated testing, and high performance
- Mentor junior engineers, contribute to architecture decisions, conduct insightful code reviews
- Ability to balance aggressive delivery schedules with maintainable quality code
- Require minimal supervision and can help a team drive a project to completion
- Own changes to be made from definition to support in production
- Experience with various software lifecycle tools such as Git and JIRA
- Have experience with TDD or TAD (Test Accompanied Development), developer-written automated testing and all things that lead to confidence in our code in a Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
- 3 to 8 years experience and skill in technologies including
- Web services written in Java
- Understanding of microservice architectures and messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ), REST and other concepts in API architecture
- Service-oriented architectures and messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Databases (relational and document)Functional, unit, and integration testing
- Ability (and willingness) to work full stack but have strength in Java-based APIs and services
- Databases (relational and document)
- Instrumentation of an app or service for alerting and monitoring (New Relic)
- Functional, unit, integration and performance testing
- Shipped robust, high-performance, high-scalability applications to production
- Experience with a 24/7 production environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Clear verbal and written communication; demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and with peers from a variety of disciplines
- Has breadth and depth of skill to build scalable applications
- Is dedicated to delivering outstanding customer experience
- Ensures they are a critical part of the success of the team
- Is passionionate about learning new tools, frameworks, languages
- Enjoys both teaching and learning from others
- Approaches differences in opinion through inquisition and concensus building
- Is more concerned with doing the right thing than being right.
- Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do
This is an exciting position for a candidate that would like to deepen their systems knowledge and gain experience in the Ops side of DevOps. This engineering role is within the Performance team and will have a strong focus on building out automation capabilities for benchmarking/performance profiling of services. Additionally, the candidate would help with identifying and troubleshooting application performance problems in the production environment. The position provides exposure to many of the core systems and functions within the business and will directly contribute to the success of the team.
- Work with engineering team to design and build out ephemeral load testing environments in AWS
- Integrate this testing platform into CI/CD pipelines
- Assist with troubleshooting performance issues in production
- Build out dashboards that provide visibility into application performance metrics
- Work collaboratively within IT and various business units across the firm
- Learn about systems performance tuning across various platforms, e.g. AWS, ESX
- Three to five years of experience in a software development role; asset management industry experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of C# or Python.
- Experience with benchmarking workloads and performance tuning.
- Some experience with scripting: bash, powershell, etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux and docker a plus.
- Exposure to Agile software methodology and CI/CD tools and practices
- Knowledge of modern software design principles, concepts, and practices
- Understanding of database management environments.
- Working experience with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or GCP a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
Senior React Developer
Protects the rights of partners in legally recognized relationships and marriages by counseling and representing clients in pre-nuptial agreements; separation and divorce proceedings; alimony and spousal support, child custody, support and visitation, and fertilized embryo custody.
Contracts Law, Client Confidentiality, Litigation, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Negotiating, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Objectivity, Discretion, Administrative Writing Skills
- Experience with React.js
- Flux or Redux application architectures.
- NPM and Module Design
- Experience with Agile processes
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with backend technology and frameworks.
Sr. Change Management Consultant
OwlPoint is devoted to helping organizations develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully lead and complete projects in today’s business environments and improve their project delivery capabilities. As a member of the OwlPoint team you join like minded professionals that share in the same desire to achieve quality service management that organizations rely on well into the future.
- A decade (at minimum) driving IT Change Management, preferably in a highly regulated industry.
- Prior experience managing the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Experience in leading IT Change Management activities, including application-level changes.
- Deliver a risk-based approach to IT solutions implementation, ensuring testing and documentation requirements are commensurate with risk.
- Supports training efforts for IT Change Management.
- Leads continuous improvement of IT processes from process evaluation through implementation, resulting in measurable increases in quality and efficiency.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies, standards and procedures require change.
- Maintains IT Solution Inventory and Document Management repositories.
- Assists with IT Project & Portfolio management activities.
- Skilled in system implementation.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- ITIL Knowledge / Foundations certification a plus.
Lead Software Engineer
On-Site in Boston
Apply directly to email@example.com
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering, the Lead Software Engineer must be a results-oriented individual with a passion and empathy for users, products, and teams. They must have a passion for creating world class learning solutions.
The Lead Software Engineer will work with Technical Product Management, Program Management, and Quality Engineering in the pursuit of product and platform development.
|Essential Accountability||Percent of Time|
|Provides technical leadership to the development team.||30%|
|Interacts with and coordinates activities of cross-functional teams, including development, user experience, business stakeholders, system administration, database administration, network engineering and production support staff.|
|High/Low level design, hands on software development, create frameworks, use third party frameworks, code reviews||20%|
|Identify gaps and proactively improve system service level agreements.||20%|
COMPLEXITY/DIMENSIONS (Size and scope, budget responsibility, revenue, headcount, etc.)
- Improve availability and reliability of systems and infrastructure which increases digital revenue and business confidence
- Reduce support cost through proactive monitoring, preventive maintenance, and automation of repetitive tasks.
- The ideal candidate will see the big picture from the business perspective, have done substantial collaborative work, and be able to set a technical vision to deliver results for the business.
- Extensive experience across all stages of the software development lifecycle: Requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Experience with cross-team technical communication and collaboration.
- Team engagement and leadership, including mentoring other engineers and nurturing their professional growth.
- Ablity to “challenge solutions” with stakeholders to define scope and assess risk of various technical approaches to solving their problem to drive prioritization of work.
- Knowledgable with current best practices and approaches for given toolchains.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field (or equivalent experience)
- NodeJS ecosystem
- Amazon Web Services: kinesis, dynamodb, elasticsearch, EC2, etc.
- Object-Oriented and Functional programming paradigms
- Relational (SQL), and various non-relational (NoSQL) and key-value databases
- Data modeling for various access patterns (read/write workloads)
- Architecture/Systems analysis and design
- Continuous Improvement
- Creative Problem Solving
- Domain Knowledge
- Ownership & Accountability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits, hires, and trains branch personnel
- Motivates staff to achieve maximum production levels
- Monitors quality of loans originated by loans officers and ensures they are within Company policy guidelines
- Establishes and controls the branch's budget and income goals
- Oversees branch performance and communicates goals and policy changes on a regular basis to branch personnel
- Generates new business through contacts with builders, developers, and realtors to expand market share
- Ensures all functions are in complete compliance with federal, state, regulatory, and our policy and procedures
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with our policy and procedures
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field, preferred
- Appropriate state licenses, if required
- Minimum 3-5 years mortgage experience, with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of the residential mortgage origination process
- Demonstrated ability to interact with regional and corporate departments, to lead, direct and motivate a successful sales team of professionals, and to recruit and hire mortgage professionals
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, fire, train, lead, and motivate branch personnel
- Stays informed of trends and developments in real estate market and competitive environment, as well, as of changes in rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government insured mortgages
- Travel required
- Valid driver's license and current automobile liability insurance
- Ability to adjust to the changing mortgage environment
- Knowledge of mortgage loan origination, processing, and compliance
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Must have proven extensive sales experience in the retail mortgage industry
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations
- (Fixed, ARM, Jumbo, VA, FHA, and Harp)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, as well as Encompass CRM
- NMLS LICENSE
Machine Learning Algorithm Developer Engineer
We are looking for a brilliant mind to join our team, working on solving very real and important problems. You will take a leadership role in our algorithm team to develop machine learning and behavior matching with respect to jobs, culture, work environments and much more.
Our R&D office is at University of Cambridge, England but our founder is opening the US office in Austin and you will be working with the US team and our CTO (also American) via comms back in England. The time difference is something we will all need to discuss.
Although it is not required, you are likely to have one or more PhD's on this topic and have successfully implemented the system in commercial uses.
Your area of work will be coordinated by our highly experienced CTO and you will work with an international team of people who have come together to build a great company, but more importantly, to solve a big, global problem.
Python or similar language
Experience with bi-directional unified model for information retrieval is a plus.
Parsing, semantic clustering and other understandings may be of use.
Past development with the use of support vector machines might also be good.
Ability to build stable RestAPI's will be a small part of your work.
You will have the ability to work in the US. We can consider remote work for the ideal candidate. And you will have the ability to help build our algorithm and data sciences team.
Flexible work location and work hours are part of why great people join our company. Since we are a startup, pay will be a bit leaner for the first 12 months or so but we believe in paying loyal team members well.
Business Systems Analyst (Servicenow)
Projects for this role will focus on end-user and community facing functionality, so a breadth of experience covering the basics of a design-centric approach and developing an effective user experience, especially in ServiceNow’s Service Portal application using modern web frameworks, will be an important success factor.
In addition to the essential functions itemized below, this role will focus on designing, implementing, and enhancing business solutions in the ServiceNow platform with a focus on IT service management and service delivery, but with the ability to incorporate non-IT business areas and processes for business partners in the MIT community for whom ServiceNow is determined to be an effective solution.
We are looking for an individual with both a strong general business systems analyst skillset and the experience and ability to apply and further develop deep expertise in the ServiceNow platform.
- Maintain, improve, and deepen relationships between IS&T and partners in MIT Community in order to provide effective technical solutions.
- Manage community and business expectations.
- Assess client needs utilizing a structured requirements process.
- Define business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream.
- Develop and communicate business requirements for the implementation of business solutions.
- Business Process:
- Document current business processes and models.
- Assist in the business process redesign.
- Contribute to the business short-term planning sessions and provide direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
- Provide input from both a business and IT perspective.
- Project Management:
- Perform project management tasks for smaller projects.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements, either as the primary project management resource on smaller projects or in close collaboration with a dedicated project manager on larger projects.
- Design new applications, functionality, and enhancements by analyzing requirements, constructing workflows and diagrams, studying system capabilities and writing technical specifications.
- Systems Improvements/Modifications:
- Analyze customer’s systems and current process implementations to understand strengths and weaknesses for the identification of opportunities for improvements.
- Perform system analysis, design, configuration, and testing.
- User Testing:
- Develop user test cases in conjunction with business partners in the MIT Community.
- Execute test cases and validate test results.
- Supervise and coordinate user testing by business partners in the MIT Community.
- Problem Solving:
- Investigate problems and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Identify needs for technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Support effort to ensure IT solutions meet client needs.
- Provide technical assistance to less experienced team members.
- Additional responsibilities as requested and/or required.
Director, Community Partnerships
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Required Qualifications &
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow, IT and non-IT service delivery business operations, systems requirements, and IT processes and technologies required.
- Working proficiency with one or more coding languages and system configuration; specifically, experience in the following or a demonstrated ability to quickly learn the following is strongly preferred:
- Working proficiency in Bootstrap 3 and AngularJS 1.5 web frameworks.
- Expertise in HTML and CSS, especially in the context of developing customer-facing experiences in ServiceNow’s Service Portal framework.
- Experience with, or ability to quickly come up to speed in ServiceNow configuration, administration, change and application packaging.
- Working proficiency in business analysis and systems design principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of effective project management and ability to directly manage small to medium projects as part of BSA and ServiceNow implementation role
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Work with small and engaging development teams to devise test strategies for the features being built for our solution
- Design, develop and maintain reliable automation tests for web applications using Selenium and other automation tools
- Identify changing needs and priorities, crafts recommendations and communicate appropriately
- Assist in efforts to have test coverage for both client, and server-side code
- Design and implement various tools for efficient testing
- Participate in functional, performance, load, stress, security and integration testing
- Communicate test progress, results and testing metrics to key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems
- Validate the readiness of features before they go live
- Apply innovative quality strategies to our overall SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering with solid experience working as a Test Automation Engineer
- Familiarity with C# and software engineering best practices on the .NET platform
- Experience working within an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Server-side, and client-side unit testing frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, for critical thinking and problem solving to provide meaningful details and logs to developers for resolution of defects
- Working understanding of modern software development patterns, and practices
- Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical people
- Exceptional analysis and problem-solving skills
- Test automation framework (i.e., Selenium, WebAii)
- Test case management tools (i.e., HP ALM, Microsoft Test Manager)
- Modern IDE (i.e., Sublime, Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- Version Control System (i.e., SVN, Git, TFS, etc.)
- Relational Database System (i.e., SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- Complete understanding of build and deployment systems such as Jenkins, VSTS and AWS
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, eye for details
- Strong understanding of performance testing & security testing (theory and why they-re important), accessibility & cross browser testing
- Monitor systems and hardware performance and usage.
- Researches production issues and supports the platform group as needed
- Experience in life sciences domain is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering with solid experience working as a Test
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!