Abrasive Coating Machine Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Abrasive Coating Machine Operator
Coating Machine Operator
This is a position working on twelve (12) hour shifts on a 2-2-3 rotating schedule.
Day Shift: 5:45 a.m.- 6:15 p.m.
Night Shift: 5:45 p.m.- 6:16 a.m.
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirementAND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including pay requirement may not be considered.
To operate production machines in order to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and annual output targets.
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
· Operate a coating machine and produce the correctly coated ink ribbon.
· Operate production machines according to the appropriate “machine operator’s manual” under direction of the Group Leader and Technical staff.
· Perform product changeovers to the coating machine. Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling. Some activities requiring periods of physical exertion. Coordinating with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary.
· Obtain a full knowledge of the mixing, coating and ink supply system in order to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems.
· Charge ink raw materials and organic solvents into an ink production device in a measured & controlled manner thus producing a coat-able solution per established specification.
· Lead in basic maintenance activities by having input and explanation to “what needs to be done”. Then assist as possible, making sure activities are scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
· Strongly participate in productivity improvement plans and cost reduction plans (Total Productive Maintenance activity). Investigate and analyze causes for defective product or production inefficacies.
· Perform Quality Control testing and judging product quality.
· - Verify the quality of the product with visual and machine inspections, reacting with machine inputs and adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality
· Visually inspect product for defects
· Assist in the training of other machine operators.
· Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
· Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations.
Job Requirements /
· Required: Associate degree in technical field or high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience in chemicals mixing/blending operations preferred.
· Prior product manufacturing experience required.
· Operator must pass a physical exam and be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces to thread machines. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart with weight in excess of 500 pounds and must be able to occasionally work in confined spaces. Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls.
· Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required.
· Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors. Must be able to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscope, light table, hand tools and other specialized equipment used in Print Media coating.
· Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division.
· Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job.
· Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents and able to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed.
· Must be able to work in a team based, high stress production environment.
· Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects and take appropriate corrective actions.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and prioritize appropriately
· Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· Quality Assurance: 1 year
· 24/7 Manufacturing Environment: 2 years
· Machine Operator: 2 years
· Mixing/Blending Chemicals in a "Clean" Environment: 1 year
· Meet All Requirements of the Job (As Stated Above): 1 year
· Willingness to Work Night Shifts: 1 year
· Ability to Pass a Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirement AND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including hourly pay requirement may not be considered.
Machine Operator - Solid Dosage Coating
Responsible for breaking-down, cleaning, tooling, setting up, preparing solution for, running, and monitoring Tablet coating machines such that all quality and/or customer specifications are achieved in an effective and efficient manner in EITHER the batch coating OR continuous coating area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare coating equipment for use, to include:
Following SOPs, clean all coating equipment and rooms.
Get next scheduled product from operation specialist.
Gather all necessary paperwork to manufacture the next scheduled lot.
Prepare solutions for use in the coating process.
Verify product (solution and cores) for use in the manufacture of each production lot.
Apply coating solution to tablet cores, to include:
Load and unload tablet cores in the coating process.
Follow the batch record instructions to apply the coating solution.
Document all processing steps in the batch record.
Monitor and chart coating process per SOP.
Make adjustments as necessary to keep all parameters in specification.
Reconcile the final bulk product.
Other duties as assigned.
Support training of new operators.
Overtime as required.
Knowledge and compliance of company policies and SOP's.
Knowledge and understanding of all of the cGMP's relating to this position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must complete the operator certification program within 6 months.
- Previous nutraceutical or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
Skills and Abilities
Good math and reading skills.
The ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
Accuracy and attention to detail required.
Some mechanic ability helpful.
Ability to obtain license for and operate forklift equipment.
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
Must be able to lift and maneuver weights up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in a dusty environment with a wide range of raw materials.
Must wear personal protection equipment as required by batch record and SOP's, which may include: dust masks, gloves, goggles, and hearing protection.
Machine Operators – RIE Coatings
Machine Operators – RIE Coatings
Eden Valley, MN.
Type of Job: Full time, trial to hire.
Hours: 1st shift 6am to 4pm, Monday – Thursday; 2nd shift 4pm to 2am, Monday – Thursday; and weekend shift 6am to 6pm, Friday - Sunday. Occasional voluntary and mandatory overtime, as driven by customer needs.
Pay: $14/hr. 1st shift; $16/hr. 2nd shift and $16.50/hr. weekend shift.
Transportation: This position is not located on the bus line. Applicant must have their own personal, reliable transportation.
RIE Coatings, specializing in coatings for protection and performance to a variety of surfaces and substrates. Including carbon steel, stainless steel, zinc plating, aluminum, composites, plastics, rubber, copper, brass, and other ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Seeking applicants willing to be trained and work on various machines/pieces of equipment. Ability to work with co-workers as a team and possess a strong desire to learn and grow.
The Machine Operator will be trained in operating various dip spin coating machines as well as trained in the blast and phos pre-treat areas. Individual must be multi-skilled in all these areas and expected to offer the flexibility to move between these areas to meet business needs. Following processing instructions and maintaining processing parameters.
Education: Must have High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience: 6 months of industrial work experience. Previous experience operating machinery in a production environment. Basic computer skills. Strong mechanical aptitude; ability to use basic hand tools or power tools.
Math Ability: Knowledge of shop math; ability to work accurately with numbers and details. Ability to perform detailed and complex work requiring high levels of concentration. Good documentation skills with ability to keep accurate records.
Language Ability: Must read and speak English. Ability to read job assignments, instructions and related documentation. Must have clean verbal and written communication skills; with clean, legible handwriting.
Physical Demands: The employee must frequently lift 50-pounds, 65-pounds occasionally and 75-pounds rarely. Full range of body motion (standing, twisting, bending, reaching, etc.). Ability to reach and lift overhead. Good manual dexterity skills, hand-eye coordination, and detail oriented. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk and lift the entire shift.
Work Environment: Ability to work in a hot work environment. The building is ventilated but not air-conditioned. Work with and around chemicals in a production environment.
- A Resume is required for this position.
- Ability to pass a clean background check of the last 7 years; traffic violations are not counted.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment UA
Atlas Staffing is one of the largest locally owned staffing providers and employers in the Twin Cities. In 2012 we employed over 12,500 people in the metro area. Atlas Staffing was founded in 1985 and has grown to 14 locations covering the entire Twin Cities metro area and surrounding cities. We take pride in servicing our clients with the most qualified talent and strive for excellent customer service. Atlas Staffing partners with our clients to staff in a variety of fields including manufacturing, office, and management. We can provide employees on a seasonal, trial to hire, or direct placement basis. With our knowledge of each field and their specific challenges, our local recruiters ensure that our clients receive the finest professionals and our associates find work in line with their training experience and expectations.
Whether you need employees or employment, call the Atlas Staffing office nearest you today.
The Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal 2012 Book of Lists ranked Atlas Staffing second in the top twenty five largest temporary employment firms
We are proud members of the Anoka, Elk River, Princeton, Shakopee, Minneapolis Regional and North Metro Chamber of Commerce
We are proud members of the Lake Street Council in Minneapolis
We are proud members of the Biz-2-Biz local chapters
We are proud members of the Minnesota Staffing and Recruiting Association
PVD Coating Machine Sales Representative
We are seeking a PVD Coating Sales Representative to join our team!
Sales Representative will focus primarily on generating sales leads as well as marketing and selling PVD coating machines to OEMs, end-users, and manufacturers. The rep will be required to provide a consultative selling approach, requiring the rep to provide top to bottom solutions and consult with Customers and their agents as well as internal Engineers and Product Managers to resolve any technical and commercial questions regarding equipment support and part replacement.
- Manage existing accounts in USA, Canada and Mexico for all market segments and customer activities
- Develop NEW business by working with production staff and Sales Manager as needed
- Grow current territory accounts, manage growth projects and document sales results in detail reports to Sales Manager
- Perform prospecting for future business
- Maintain relevant customer/account information using Platit, Inc. CRM database
- Proven track record of developing new customer accounts requiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability.
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent experience may substitute
- 3 years of experience selling in a Business-to-Business environment with service or consultative sales approach required, cutting tool industry a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or service solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
- Expert working with MS Office (i.e., Excel, Work, and PowerPoint) is required
- Effective verbal /writing skills and strong presentation skills
- Must be energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy to be effective in this role Must be willing to travel overnight 60% to areas including USA, Canada and Mexico.
Platit, Inc. currently offers its employees a group health plan designed to promote illness prevention and a healthy lifestyle including dental and vision. Our 401(k) plan provides you with an opportunity to contribute a portion of your compensation on a pretax basis to a retirement account with a matching contribution. A two-week vacation is included after the first full year of employment. We have provided an annual bonus for the last eight years.
Coating Machine Operator
Permalite, the leading manufacturer of quality substrate is looking to expand to the Austin Area. Originally servicing the Southern California market, the company has continued to grow and expand business globally. Permalite recently moved into a 300,000 square foot building in Austin, Texas.
The Coating Machine Operator positions is an entry level position in the Canvas, Paper Coating department and part of a team that has accountability for the safe operation of the coating, canvas/paper machine or warehouse operations. Incumbents will report directly to the Coating Canvas/Paper or Warehouse Supervisor or departmental team Lead Operator.
The expectation is that individuals filling these positions will be self-motivated to learn all of the responsibilities within the operation to ensure complete operational flexibility so that Production/Machine Operator employee can flow to the work as needed. Production/Machine Operator position employee will also be expected to provide coaching, mentoring, and training to other team members to ensure the development of other team members.
Production/Machine Operator employees will accept personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assist where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
*Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures are followed by themselves and by
others working in and around the machinery
*All injuries and near misses being reported and followed up in a timely manner
*Actively participate in accident incident investigations
*Housekeeping standards and expectations are maintained
*Active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
*Responsible for ensuring team members are following all safety procedures such as
Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
Coating Machine Operating employees will ensure that all finished paper products adhere to the quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
*Lead by example by being a quality advocate
*Providing support as needed to correct quality deficiencies e.g. product or packaging defects
Team Development :
Production/Machine Operator employees will be expected to take an active role in learning the converting equipment, processes, and systems. Additionally, they will be expected to:
*Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality
Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc, as assigned on a rotating basis
*Identify team member training needs and deficiencies * Actively train/mentor other team members to foster their development, including required safety training.
*Actively seek training opportunities
*Participate in Employee Performance reviews and promotion process as required
*Expected to be a team player
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Committed to safety & organizational goals.
- A record of stable & continuous employment.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience.
- Must be computer literate
- Professional communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs., climb ladders and stairs, and stand for continuous periods of
- Time with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, noisy, & high volume machine production area
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required.
- Meeting Attendance expectation.
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, and HolidaysPost a Job
Coating Machine Operator
Lake Orion, MI
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for textile manufacturing, drive, vacuum, coating, and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 12,700 employees at around 160 locations in 34 countries and sales of CHF 2.9 billion in 2012. The Company invested CHF 106 million in R&D, in 2012, with over 1000 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets. If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application. Visit our Career Page at www.oerlikon.com
This person will be responsible for the set up and monitoring of the Coating Machines. The Main responsibility is to prepare the coating system, load, unload the chamber, change the magnetic systems and input process parameters in the operator screen. This Individual will pre-treat a variety of customer products using standardized methods to prepare products for coating. Person will use analytical thinking and a high-degree of creativity to oversee and assemble chamber loads based on customer specifications. As part of his/her regular responsibilities, this person will make critical processing decisions, to initiate the coating process as well as be responsible for disassembling and reconfiguring the chamber for subsequent loads.
Essential Duties and
- Perform daily changeover maintenance of pre/post treatment equipment
- Optimize the daily use of production equipment
- Follow standard procedures and interpret customer work instructions
- Work with Quality Coordinator and Center Manager to identify and address quality concerns
- Providing training and assistance to other employees on equipment operation and maintenance
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various departments
- Operating and maintaining coating equipment according to specifications
- Minimizing equipment downtime through preventative maintenance procedures
- Learning fixturing and defixturing techniques
- Maintaining and updating equipment records
- Assisting with quality assurance and other technical matters as required
- Performing other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
Minimum Qualifications Required (Education/Skills/Experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment repair, or construction preferred
- Knowledge of cutting tools (e.g., drills, etc.)
- Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and creative
- Must be comfortable working with hands and be able to lift 30lbs
Coating Cell Operator
COATING CELL OPERATOR
Under direct supervision, the Coating Cell Operator prepares end mills for the coating process, loads and unloads end mills into coating vessel. This is a 3rd shift position working Sunday night - Thursday night.
- Loading and unloading coating satellites
- Loading and unloading the coating machine (requires 50 pound lift)
- Operation of coating machine
- Operation of the washing machine
- Working to shop documents to ensure quality products
- Keeping the work area neat, clean and organized
- Assisting in other departments when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Degree or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow procedures
- Demonstrated ability for organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Climate controlled manufacturing plant
- Noise levels within OSHA guidelines
- High heat generated from coating machine
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
Operates machine to blend ingredients into compounds for processing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Set up of equipment for startup and change over
- Load ingredients into mixing machine hopper from pallets
- Start machine and adjust valves to admit water to mixing chamber to aid in blending and densifying
- Adjust equipment for efficient operations and product quality at all times; proper coating coverage; proper pick-up
- Operate machine until mixture reaches desired consistency, and turns lever to unload mixture onto production line
- Operate auxiliary equipment to break up, grind, dry mix, or otherwise prepare mixture for final processing
- Monitor mixing machine by filling hoppers with ingredients periodically to ensure consistent flow
- Monitor waste reductions
- Record ingredient usage, lot codes, viscosity settings and temperature of batter
- Weighs and records waste at the end of production run.
- Record ingredient usage and lot codes and ensures that correct ingredients being used and correct amounts
- Record downtime data and data for quality assurance and inventory
- Complete preventive maintenance as needed
- Ensure all safety devices are operable and being used
- Work with enthusiasm and sense of urgency daily
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards and good manufacturing practices
- Must wear required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as provided
- Perform other duties as required and directed
Education, prior work experience and specialized skill and knowledge:
Ability to understand and communicate effectively, Bilingual a plus, Previous experience working in food manufacturing a big plus, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
Physical environment/working condition:
The employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, fingers and arms to handle, feel and reach. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move from 30- 50 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Potential candidates must be able to travel if needed for training and successfully complete a drug/background screening.
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.
- The primary focus of this position is to clip or rack and secure the lenses into baskets to begin the coating process and to operate the coating machines.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgment.
- Specific duties for this position include clipping or racking the lenses into baskets, loading and unloading carriers into and out of machines, performing a cosmetic inspection of the lenses, and testing and maintaining machine chemicals and fluids. Supervision ranges from close to general.
- All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed.
- Clip or Rack lenses into basket and document the position of the lenses in the basket on the corresponding paperwork.
- Remove each lens from basket and cosmetically inspect the lens as required.
- Place inspected lenses onto metal tray and place tray into the oven.
- Perform a cosmetic inspection of lenses to identify defects, polish and knife edges.
- Check availability of coating for the specific lens type by utilizing availability chart.
- Load and unload carrier with basket into and out of machine.
- Remove tray from oven when cycle is complete.
- Test and maintain machine chemical and fluid levels.
- Sort and put away day tags.
- Retrieve fallen lenses from coating machine.
- Clip or Rack re-work lenses to prepare for AR strip.
- Fill and restock supplies at clipping station.
- Perform other duties within the coating department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- Frequently lift and move up to 20 lbs to waist height and 10 lbs at or above shoulder height unaccompanied.
- Regularly sit and stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Occasionally required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
At Voca, we strongly believe that a better career results in a happier you, and we are therefore dedicated to help guide people on a career path that fulfills their passion and purpose.
We work throughout the United States, with physical locations in Minnesota, Colorado, Arizona, Kentucky, and New York.
Whether you are seeking to advance your career, follow a new calling, or add the right people to your organization, we are here to help.
Voca: The Spirit of Work
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Check equipment before starting to work and get the raw material needed
- Set up the coating machine according to batch record parameters
- Feed the equipment with the corresponding amount of product according to the batch record
- Prepare the Shellac solution according to the batch record and fill out the Shellac report
- Give the final coating to the tablets when required as per batch record
- Handle the Shellac report to the manager to analyze it and determine the priorities
- Keep the working area clean
- High School Degree
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Knowledge and experience using the Coating Vector machines (preferred)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic math skills
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Fast pace. Requires frequent standing, bending, lifting and moving 10- 20 kilogram boxes. Ability to use ladders.
Typical Work Conditions:
Person will be subject to food and nutritional bulk ingredients, which may affect the respiratory system or the skin, including an environment subject to odors, dust or airborne allergens.
Person will be working in a dry and low moisture environment
Person will be exposed to normal work hazards, including a variety of physical conditions such as a proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Exposure to noise.
Arnet Pharmaceutical is housed in a 85,000 sq. ft., all air conditioned, space in Davie Florida with 300 employees. Our facility includes offices, laboratory, manufacturing and warehouse areas and includes separate rooms for our production machinery. Arnet's extensive line of products includes a complete range of vitamins, minerals amino acids and herbal supplements. Arnet also has the capability to do: Tablets, Capsules, Powders and Chewable.
Over the years, Arnet Pharmaceutical has led the nutritional supplement industry in price, quality and innovation. We have built lasting and profitable relationships with our private label customers. Arnet Pharmaceutical is a modern, efficient, full service private label contract manufacturer of nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, specialty products and diet aids.
We provide you with only the highest quality products from the finest ingredients. All formulas are manufactured under the guidelines of:
- United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (c.G.M.P.)
- Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
- Disintegration, potency and dissolution are guaranteed
- FDA Registered Facility and Label-er code for Customers
Our commitment to quality assures you that our customers will be provided with the most effective formulations produced under strict quality control standards. Our guarantee is that Arnet Pharmaceutical will always stand behind its products.
Arnet provides Certificates of Analysis for each batch number. We also provide Hallal and Kosher certificates if requested by the customer.