Abrasive Coating Machine Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Abrasive Coating Machine Operator
Coating Machine Operator
This is a position working on twelve (12) hour shifts on a 2-2-3 rotating schedule.
Day Shift: 5:45 a.m.- 6:15 p.m.
Night Shift: 5:45 p.m.- 6:16 a.m.
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirementAND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including pay requirement may not be considered.
To operate production machines in order to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and annual output targets.
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
· Operate a coating machine and produce the correctly coated ink ribbon.
· Operate production machines according to the appropriate “machine operator’s manual” under direction of the Group Leader and Technical staff.
· Perform product changeovers to the coating machine. Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling. Some activities requiring periods of physical exertion. Coordinating with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary.
· Obtain a full knowledge of the mixing, coating and ink supply system in order to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems.
· Charge ink raw materials and organic solvents into an ink production device in a measured & controlled manner thus producing a coat-able solution per established specification.
· Lead in basic maintenance activities by having input and explanation to “what needs to be done”. Then assist as possible, making sure activities are scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
· Strongly participate in productivity improvement plans and cost reduction plans (Total Productive Maintenance activity). Investigate and analyze causes for defective product or production inefficacies.
· Perform Quality Control testing and judging product quality.
· - Verify the quality of the product with visual and machine inspections, reacting with machine inputs and adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality
· Visually inspect product for defects
· Assist in the training of other machine operators.
· Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
· Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations.
Job Requirements /
· Required: Associate degree in technical field or high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience in chemicals mixing/blending operations preferred.
· Prior product manufacturing experience required.
· Operator must pass a physical exam and be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces to thread machines. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart with weight in excess of 500 pounds and must be able to occasionally work in confined spaces. Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls.
· Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required.
· Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors. Must be able to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscope, light table, hand tools and other specialized equipment used in Print Media coating.
· Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division.
· Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job.
· Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents and able to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed.
· Must be able to work in a team based, high stress production environment.
· Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects and take appropriate corrective actions.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and prioritize appropriately
· Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· Quality Assurance: 1 year
· 24/7 Manufacturing Environment: 2 years
· Machine Operator: 2 years
· Mixing/Blending Chemicals in a "Clean" Environment: 1 year
· Meet All Requirements of the Job (As Stated Above): 1 year
· Willingness to Work Night Shifts: 1 year
· Ability to Pass a Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirement AND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including hourly pay requirement may not be considered.
PVD Coating Machine Sales Representative
We are seeking a PVD Coating Sales Representative to join our team!
Sales Representative will focus primarily on generating sales leads as well as marketing and selling PVD coating machines to OEMs, end-users, and manufacturers. The rep will be required to provide a consultative selling approach, requiring the rep to provide top to bottom solutions and consult with Customers and their agents as well as internal Engineers and Product Managers to resolve any technical and commercial questions regarding equipment support and part replacement.
- Manage existing accounts in USA, Canada and Mexico for all market segments and customer activities
- Develop NEW business by working with production staff and Sales Manager as needed
- Grow current territory accounts, manage growth projects and document sales results in detail reports to Sales Manager
- Perform prospecting for future business
- Maintain relevant customer/account information using Platit, Inc. CRM database
- Proven track record of developing new customer accounts requiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability.
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent experience may substitute
- 3 years of experience selling in a Business-to-Business environment with service or consultative sales approach required, cutting tool industry a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or service solutions
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
- Expert working with MS Office (i.e., Excel, Work, and PowerPoint) is required
- Effective verbal /writing skills and strong presentation skills
- Must be energetic, goals-driven, result-oriented, and high-energy to be effective in this role Must be willing to travel overnight 60% to areas including USA, Canada and Mexico.
Platit, Inc. currently offers its employees a group health plan designed to promote illness prevention and a healthy lifestyle including dental and vision. Our 401(k) plan provides you with an opportunity to contribute a portion of your compensation on a pretax basis to a retirement account with a matching contribution. A two-week vacation is included after the first full year of employment. We have provided an annual bonus for the last eight years.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Check equipment before starting to work and get the raw material needed
- Set up the coating machine according to batch record parameters
- Feed the equipment with the corresponding amount of product according to the batch record
- Prepare the Shellac solution according to the batch record and fill out the Shellac report
- Give the final coating to the tablets when required as per batch record
- Handle the Shellac report to the manager to analyze it and determine the priorities
- Keep the working area clean
- Other job duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- High School Degree
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Knowledge and experience using the Coating Vector machines (preferred)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Basic math skills
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Other: Must be available to work Monday -Thursday 4:30pm to 3am.
Fast pace. Requires frequent standing, bending, lifting and moving 20 kilogram boxes. Ability to use ladders.
Typical Work Conditions:
Person will be subject to food and nutritional bulk ingredients, which may affect the respiratory system or the skin, including an environment subject to odors, dust or airborne allergens.
Person will be working in a dry and low moisture environment
Person will be exposed to normal work hazards, including a variety of physical conditions such as a proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Exposure to noise.
Arnet Pharmaceutical is housed in a 85,000 sq. ft., all air conditioned, space in Davie Florida with 300 employees. Our facility includes offices, laboratory, manufacturing and warehouse areas and includes separate rooms for our production machinery. Arnet's extensive line of products includes a complete range of vitamins, minerals amino acids and herbal supplements. Arnet also has the capability to do: Tablets, Capsules, Powders and Chewable.
Over the years, Arnet Pharmaceutical has led the nutritional supplement industry in price, quality and innovation. We have built lasting and profitable relationships with our private label customers. Arnet Pharmaceutical is a modern, efficient, full service private label contract manufacturer of nutritional supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbal products, specialty products and diet aids.
We provide you with only the highest quality products from the finest ingredients. All formulas are manufactured under the guidelines of:
- United States Pharmacopoeia (U.S.P.)
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (c.G.M.P.)
- Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.)
- Disintegration, potency and dissolution are guaranteed
- FDA Registered Facility and Label-er code for Customers
Our commitment to quality assures you that our customers will be provided with the most effective formulations produced under strict quality control standards. Our guarantee is that Arnet Pharmaceutical will always stand behind its products.
Arnet provides Certificates of Analysis for each batch number. We also provide Hallal and Kosher certificates if requested by the customer.
Senior Coating Operator (Second Shift)
Senior Coating Operator (Second Shift) Location: NJ, Cranbury Job Category:
Manufacturing Employment Duration: Full time Description Senior Coating Operator (Second Shift -- 3:30 p.m.
12:00 a.m.) The world’s largest pharmaceuticals market is also the biggest market for Sun Pharma. We have been present in the US since 1996, working with the country’s healthcare system with a focus on generics, branded generics and over-the-counter (OTC) products.
We are valued suppliers to the largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores and managed care providers. Being a vertically integrated company with a global presence, we have the flexibility to develop and manufacture products in the US as well as at other locations across the world. Our US headquarters is located in Cranbury, New Jersey and we have manufacturing, distribution and customer service teams at multiple locations across the country.
Very Important Note: This person hired for this position will initially start working on first shift (7:30 a.m.
4:00 p.m.) for training purposes and then transition to working second shift hours (3:30 p.m.
12:00 a.m.) once the initial training phase is completed. IND123 Essential Job Functions:
Execute manufacturing processes in accordance with manufacturing work orders. Perform machine changeovers, cleaning and set up as required. Troubleshoot and make appropriate adjustments to maintain product specifications.
Ensure adherence to quality standards during all stages of the manufacturing process. Complete manufacturing documents, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Maintain compliance at all times with related SOPs and cGMPs in the manufacturing process.
Perform duties through the proper, safe use of equipment, according to Health & Safety procedures and Equipment Manuals. Perform other tasks as assigned. Requirements and Qualifications:
Must have at least 5 years of coating experience within a pharmaceutical production environment. Additional experience in granulation, compression, dispensing, and/or blending is a strong plus. Minimum successful completion of high school diploma.
College certificate or University degree in a related discipline is an asset. Solid knowledge of fundamental cGMP and regulatory requirements in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. Experience in the Compounding area.
Good knowledge of Health & Safety procedures including OH&S Act. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a high performance team. Successful completion of the literacy and numeracy evaluation.
Strong mathematical and organizational skills. Work Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in an office, lab, or manufacturing environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, and bend. Must be capable of bending and lifting, moving and/or carrying up to approximately 50 - 75 pounds.
Must have the ability to navigate office, lab, and/or plant floor working environments, stands, ambulates, and reaches. Must have the ability to wear applicable personal protective equipment utilized at the site, including but not limited to respirators, safety glasses/goggles, and safety shoes. Must have English language fluency, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees as assigned to this job. Nothing herein shall preclude the employer from changing these duties from time to time and assigning comparable duties or other duties commensurate with the experience and background of the incumbent(s). We provide equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment.
This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, military or veteran status, generic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law. Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries, Inc. (Sun) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
Resumes submitted to any Sun employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Sun. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Operates machine to blend ingredients into compounds for processing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Set up of equipment for startup and change over
- Load ingredients into mixing machine hopper from pallets
- Start machine and adjust valves to admit water to mixing chamber to aid in blending and densifying
- Adjust equipment for efficient operations and product quality at all times; proper coating coverage; proper pick-up
- Operate machine until mixture reaches desired consistency, and turns lever to unload mixture onto production line
- Operate auxiliary equipment to break up, grind, dry mix, or otherwise prepare mixture for final processing
- Monitor mixing machine by filling hoppers with ingredients periodically to ensure consistent flow
- Monitor waste reductions
- Record ingredient usage, lot codes, viscosity settings and temperature of batter
- Weighs and records waste at the end of production run.
- Record ingredient usage and lot codes and ensures that correct ingredients being used and correct amounts
- Record downtime data and data for quality assurance and inventory
- Complete preventive maintenance as needed
- Ensure all safety devices are operable and being used
- Work with enthusiasm and sense of urgency daily
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards and good manufacturing practices
- Must wear required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as provided
- Perform other duties as required and directed
Education, prior work experience and specialized skill and knowledge:
Ability to understand and communicate effectively, Bilingual a plus, Previous experience working in food manufacturing a big plus, ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
Physical environment/working condition:
The employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, fingers and arms to handle, feel and reach. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move from 30- 50 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Potential candidates must be able to travel if needed for training and successfully complete a drug/background screening.
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.
Company Description Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com Job Description As a Coating Operator you will be assigned to work on a coating line and may work in one or more work stations including the face unwind, liner unwind, die, main console/winder, and quality lab. You may be proficient on more than one coating asset in a given location. You will be responsible for leading machine set ups and changeovers, problem-solving, coordinating PM's, making decisions on machine adjustments. You will work a Monday through Friday schedule on afternoon shift. In this important role you will also be responsible for: + Load raw material into machine and unload finished product.
Determine and control the machine cycle varying and modifying as necessary.
Perform tests and check product routinely for multiple characteristics using standard measuring devices and making some judgments against not readily measurable standards.
Meet production schedules and program production sequences for optimal productivity.
Follow standard operating procedures and specifications or instructions of higher level technical personnel and monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
Maintain production records and logs of equipment and product performance.
Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Teamwork: Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
Perform all other functions as necessary. Qualifications What we will be looking for in you: Essential: + Previous manufacturing experience preferred
You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
You will need to have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a timely manner.
You will need be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
You will be required show proficiency with computer applications Education: + High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional Information All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Heavy Duty Catalysts Coating Operator
Operators perform tasks on various coating machines.
Assures coating slurry and raw substrates meet required specifications, starts equipment to transfer slurry to the coater machine.
Sets scale limits and pump operation pressure to assure proper slurry supply to coating machine.
Enters production information into computer for lot packages, downtime sheets and SAP.
Follows work instructions, and specification sheets, sets and controls coating machines to regulate speed of coating, flow of chemical slurries, and temperature of drying ovens to maintain specified customer quality requirements.
Utilizes work instructions to guide and troubleshoot coater systems and make appropriate adjustments to assure proper coater operation.
Cleans and maintains coating machines and associated feed tanks, plumbing and pumps.
Properly completes administrative entries associated with coater operations such as Process Lot Tickets, standard process control charts and other operations forms.
Loads substrates onto a line or packs substrates into boxes.
Utilizes a forklift to maneuver parts/materials in the area.
Screens parts for quality issues. Knowledge and Experience
High School Diploma/GED with demonstrated enhanced math and/or science ability with 2 or more years of work related experience
Must be able to operate machines of medium complexity, often including use of intermediate computer skills
Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned process.
Must demonstrate the ability to handle multi-task assignments
Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations while performing tasks which may require multiple steps
Job:PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization:G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts
Title:Heavy Duty Catalysts Coating Operator
Post a Job
Coating Operator Contractor
Job Number : 13245Job Category : ProfessionalPosition Type : Coating Operator Contractor Location : Rochester,NYEducation : High School DiplomaYears of Experience : 2 Job Description: Job Description *Position Description and Responsibilities Coating Operator is responsible for putting together delivery system parts (filters, tri-clover fittings, screw fittings), cleaning up after coating with hazardous solvents, completing wet lab testing (%solids, viscosity, particle size), completing dry lab testing, making roll changes, and keeping paperwork accurate and up-to-date in an ISO 13485 Medical Device environment.Coating Operator will work rotating A/C 12 hour shifts alternating weeks on a shift with four other people. A significant amount of lifting, bending, push/pulling is required.
*Required Skills Good team work
Basic Math/Reading/Writing skills
Knowledge of GMP and ISO9001Computer (MSWord, Excel, Powerpoint)Good Mechanical ability
Good oral communication Desired Skills *Business Justification & Alternatives Considered Job Requirement:
Post a Job
Bear Staffing is currently recruiting for an entry level Chemical Operator (coating operator) for 2nd shift. This is a temp to hire position for the right candidate. The successful candidate will start work on 1st shift – 6 am – 2 pm, and transition to 2nd shift - 2pm – 10 pm after approximately 2-3 months. This is an opportunity to work for a company committed to leadership development and promotion from within the company. Their training and development team is continually providing excellent training opportunities to all levels of the organization. This company offers :
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits – medical, dental and vision
- 2 retirement savings plans
- Fosters teamwork
- Inspires growth and innovation
- Community involvement
- Perform function tasks: setting up equipment, adjusting and operating equipment, inspecting/testing of products.
- Add ingredients after properly measured
- Performs visual inspections
- Operates mixers, pumps, timers and controllers
- Effectively communicates with other associates, leads and supervisors
- Completes required verifications and documentation
- Responsible for following all applicable waste handling procedures
At Bear we provide seasonal, ramp up and project based staffing support in the IT, Industrial, Manufacturing and Administrative positions.
Coil Coating Operator
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Operator operates plant machinery in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Un-package the coil staged for procession after verifying the accuracy of gauge/width and customer through the review of the job traveler.
- Inspect for damage from handling/shipping noting either or both and informing the line supervisor.
- Examine the coil for defects
- Ability to drive and operate a forklift safely
- Maintain and keep all rolls on the entry end clean and free of debris by wiping and checking for anything that could cause a possible defect before and during each run.
- Notify Line Supervisor and or maintenance for issues or problems that are out of your control.
High School Diploma
Proficient in reading and writing
Basic math and ability to use a calculator
Experience preferred but not required
Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Capable of lifting at least 50lbs.
- Manufacturing plant environment
- Large machinery with moving parts as well as forklift traffic and material storage.
Great long-term career opportunity to work with a growing company based in Oconomowoc. Vorteq Coil Finishers is the leading provider of painted product for gutters, downspouts, soffit, and other building products. Employees have the opportunity for career advancement and job security in a clean manufacturing environment that promotes teamwork and safety and has a generous compensation package.
Vorteq Coil Finishers LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Vorteq Vision is to emerge as an industry leader by leveraging the deep breadth of experience the organization now has at key leadership positions. Visionary leadership combined with committed ownership are the firm foundation that will support a disciplined growth strategy into the future. We value customer feedback as a guidepost for an investment strategy that supports changing market needs and differentiates the Vorteq experience from other coil coaters. Vorteq is significant in scale but aggressive about our culture of connectivity. We are connected to the business of our customers and invested in our shared success. Our team is always accessible, approachable and will roll up our sleeves to do it right.