Abrasive Grader Helper Job Description Sample
Abrasive Waterjet Machinist
The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc...).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.
We have experienced significant growth and are seeking key personnel to help facilitate upcoming expansion.
Abrasive Blaster - 2Nd Shift
Job Description At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 250+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
- This is an entry-level position in our Abrasive Blasting department. Employees in this position use a variety of media to blast parts in preparation for painting. Hours for this position are training Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.
2:30 p.m. Once training is complete, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m.
10:30 p.m. Specific responsibilities include: * Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
Follow technique cards instructions to process parts
Work closely with more advanced operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
Sign off on paperwork as required
Other related duties as assigned Essential Mental/Physical Demands: Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. . Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Hearing protection is required. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions. Required
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment. Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Required Experience: Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences. When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred. # U.S. Export Policy Notice: To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Job Title: Abrasive Blaster
- 2nd Shift
Req ID:* 12142BR
Location:* Hytek Finishes
Country:* United States
Position Type:* Regular
Motor Grader Operators (1)
Gibbs & Register, Inc. Florida's leading civil firm is seeking an experienced Motor Grader Operator.
Will be working in Orlando, Lakeland/Bartow, Tampa, and other Florida markets.
Employees operating a vehicle for Work Site Employer’s purposes will be required to maintain a valid, eligible driver’s license, and a driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier at all times. Requires previous experience minimum of 3 years. Job requires frequent lifting of 25 - 100 lbs., stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and kneeling.
We offer a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. G&R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Applications will only be accepted for open and available positions. Applications may be completed on our website www.gibbsandregister.com, and emailed to our HR department or faxed to 407-877-1663.
We will be a company that.....G.I.V.E.S.
Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated
Interact with integrity, professionalism, and friendliness
Safe place people enjoy working
Motor Grader Operator
In order to apply for the position, please take seven (7) minutes to complete our survey. Copy and paste the following link into your browser, http://www.cindexinc.com/c/B2E206, and keep reading.
ONLY CANDIDATES THAT COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Motor Grader Operator is responsible for excavation and embankment to grade and will lay asphalt, base and other materials. The Motor Grader Operator will primarily perform finish grade work to blue tops or other close specification controls/tolerances. May also grade haul roads and perform other general motor grader work.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Operates the motor grader in order to prep sub-grade, lay asphalt, base and other materials.
- Performs daily inspection on equipment for issues and/or deficiencies; completes inspection paperwork and notifies the Foreman of any issues/defects.
- May assist the crew, when needed, in operating other equipment and/or helping the laborers on the ground.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times while on the job site (i.e. vest, earplugs, glasses, hard hat, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as Finish Motor Grader is required with the ability to adhere to strict inspection guidelines.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in the quality of the work; strong attention to details skills required.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete the work in a timely manner
- Demonstrates good eye-hand coordination, balance and depth perception
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in responding to all situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a number of diverse locations, as work locations change regularly, and ability to work varying schedules. Overtime and weekend work are required, as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively as a team.
- Demonstrates responsibility in reporting to work on a consistent and timely basis.
The Motor Grader Operator while performing the essential functions of this job is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The Operator is frequently exposed to high, precarious places or outside weather conditions. The Operator can be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the Operator is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, and talk or hear. The Operator is also required to kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat and crawl in tight or confined spaces to perform the essential functions of the job. The Operator must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. Ascending or descending stairs is required, and movement of uneven terrain is frequently required to carry out essential duties.
The Operator will spend their time on the physical job-site. This position is exposed to high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures and loud noises. Work in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards.
E-Z Bel Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities, females, disabled persons and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our core clients include the City of San Antonio, Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), San Antonio area municipalities and various developers.
E-Z Bel is known to take on complicated projects with significant traffic control and constructability issues. Although the Company primarily operates as a general contractor, E-Z Bel also has a full service traffic signal and roadway illumination department that performs both as a prime contractor and a subcontractor.
Operator - Motor Grader
BLYTHE CONSTRUCTION, INC., a Major Heavy Highway Construction Co. located in Charlotte, NC has immediate opening in our Asphalt Division for an Experienced Motor Grader Operator. We offer Competitive Wages, Vacation, Holidays, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness Plan.
For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported theSoutheast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
A Motor Grader Equipment Operator is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. A Motor Grader Equipment Operator typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
- Proper pre-start and daily Maintenance Including lubrication
- Keep equipment clean and well maintained
- Notify supervisor if equipment needs repair
- Tire pressure checks
- Monitor all engine gauges
- Operating skills in blade control
- Scrap and level dirt
- Mix materials
- Shape and blade sub grades
- Balance and rough shaping of base course materials
- Operate to fine grade specifications
- Fine grade horizontal surfaces, shoulders and slopes
- Grade plan requirements and set grade standards
- Dressing of shoulders and slopes
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a crew and delegate work within work scope
- Understand production and quantity requirements
- Utilize automatic grade control system
- Schedule work and maintain production
- Set forth specifications and plans
- Understand basic survey nomenclature
- Judge distance and slopes accurately
- Make decision based on verifiable standards
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Motor Grader Equipment Operator. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Motor Grader Equipment Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Motor Grader Equipment Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction's list of services include complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state of the art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public-private-partnerships and design-build finance. Blythe can take your job, no matter the size, from the design stage to the final layer of asphalt.
Blythe Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites in 17 countries around the world. Blythe's strength lies in its ability to capitalize on the commercial, material and technical capabilities of a multi-national corporation while developing close-knit community relationships at the local level.
Motor Grader Operator
Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road. Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading. Operate Grader on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader. Ensure grader is in proper gear, and is not moving too fast for working conditions. Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
Finish Motor Grader Operator
We are in need of a finish motor grader operator for a well established site contractor. This will be a temp to perm position. We will be considering anyone who has worked as a heavy equipment operator for a site contractor. Must have experience with the following equipment
-Finish Motor grader
-Front end loader
Pay scale will vary based on level of experience, but will start at $19.00 Apply today!
StaffBuildersHR remains faithful to our clients as we continue to offer relevant, unique and sustainable services. We know that each assignment and individual deserves a committed approach from the StaffBuildersHR team. We are your HR business partner.
If you are a highly motivated individual looking for an outstanding job opportunity or seeking your next career move, please complete the application process and submit your resume. A member of our recruiting team will follow-up with you in a timely manner based on your skills and qualifications. StaffBuildersHR is dedicated to providing you with the right tools and opportunities to lead you to success.
Robinson Lumber Company is looking to hire a full-time Hardwood Lumber Inspector. Primary duties and responsibilities include consistent and accurate grading of green and dried lumber.
The successful candidate must be NHLA certified or equivalent experience and have the flexibility and ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced work environment. Tag Lumber Services is a provider of lumber drying, grading, sorting, and shipping services worldwide. We are a strong team dedicated to continuous improvements. Responsibilities • Visually inspects lumber according to species, grade, and dimension; • Uses NHLA lumber grading rules to inspect lumber; • Able to re-manufacture and upgrade lumber to increase value • Control quality and productivity throughout the inspection process • Communicate quality issues with other team members Qualifications • GED/HS degree • 2+ years experience • Experience with NHLA rules • Effective written and verbal communication • Ability to work well with others with excellent attendance record This is not an entry level position and will require proven competencies
**Sports/Non Sports Card Grader - Confidential Search**
Sports/Non Sports Card Grader
Confidential Search --Sports/Non Sports Card Grader
Confidential Search-- - Skills Required
Evaluate Cards, Knowledge of Sports Card and Gaming Card Collectin, Knowledgeable on collectible marketplace, Previous card grading, Identify authenticity, Ability To Travel If you are a Sports/Non Sports Card Grader with experience, please read on! We are a well established organization, who has been within the industry of price guides, card grading, and now autograph authentication. Looking for the next expert in Card grading, to add to our team -- where we utilize cutting edge technology and over 25 years of professional experience to ensure that we are the best in the industry!
Top Reasons to Work with Us Well established organization! Great opportunity to be a leader in your industry! Excellent team environment and culture!
What You Will Be Doing The primary responsibility of the Sports/Non-Sports Grader will be to evaluate cards on their condition, production quality and authenticity. Essential Functions
Use knowledge and expertise of sport and non-sport cards to evaluate the authenticity, condition and production quality
Evaluate and assess new products upon release and update Grading checklist notes
Travel and work at trade shows and collectibles events, as needed
What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Knowledge of Sports Card and Gaming Card Collection
Ability and knowledge to monitor and stay current on collectible marketplace
Previous card grading preferred
Ability to Identify sets, years, and authenticity
Ability To Travel as needed What's In It for You Competitive compensation and benefits package!! Compensation for relocation!! So, if you are a Sports/Non Sports Card Grader with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Sports/Non Sports Card Grader
- Confidential Search TX-DallasLK2-1416408
Finish Motor Grader Operator
Company Overview: Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors. Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Operate a Caterpillar Motor Grader to perform various types of work such as but not limited to placing borrow material, maintaining haul roads, excavating and slope work. Also, perform rough grade and learn to fine grade task on sub-grade and stone base to meet NCDOT specifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Operating a motor grader in the Elizabeth City, NC area.
Must be able to perform walk around inspections of equipment before operation and at the end of shift.
Be versatile in other types of heavy equipment is a plus.
Job entails being very productive in all aspects of DOT work. Minimum Qualifications & Training:
Experience/seeking for minimum 3 year in finish or fine grade operation with a motor grader but will train the candidate that shows potential.
Ability to understand grade stakes and a knowledge of GPS operation is a plus.
Ability to abide by strict but necessary safety rules, policies and follow instructions.
Must be a reliable/trustworthy team player.
Maintain a good attendance and safety record. Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
Occasional standing and walking required.
Ability to work long periods of time while sitting in the operator's station.
Ability to operate equipment at recommended speeds and peaks of operation.
Must be productive during each shift and be willing to meet the goals that are set.
Visual activity - ability to develop a mental picture of the finished product and then execute the necessary skills to productively complete each required task. What We Offer:
Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off + 401(k)
Corporate Chaplains of America
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!