Abrasive Grader Helper Job Description Sample
Abrasive Waterjet Machinist
The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc...).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.
We have experienced significant growth and are seeking key personnel to help facilitate upcoming expansion.
C-7 Certified Abrasive Blaster
Blasters must have three (3) or more years of experience in using high pressure blast equipment. Experience must include working in a physically demanding environment, confined spaces, working at heights, and in the use of a blaster air-fed helmet and/or soft hood air-fed respirator and a negative-pressure half-face respirator. Blasters must be of height and weight that will allow entrance and movement through man way and tank openings. All blasters must be United States Citizens.
Blasters are not being hired as Blast Machine Equipment Operators (BMEO’s) and Ultra-High Pressure Water Blasters.
Required Safety Training /
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Client.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company, which includes replacement of any damaged PPE. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Client.
1.Confined Space Entry trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29CFR1915 Subpart B.
2.Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200
[1910.1200) (h) (1) through (3) (iv)].
3.Blaster shall be inorganic arsenic trained and medically qualified in accordance with OSHA
Standard 29CFR 1910.1018.
4.Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet trained and qualified. A Respirator Medical Clearance
Examination as required by a Physician. The Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet Training and Fit
Testing (where applicable) will meet the requirements of Standard 29CFR1910.134 and each
blaster shall be trained in a
- RPB NOVA 3 Air-Fed Helmet with or without the Cooling System
- MSA Soft Hood Air-Fed Respirator with or without the Cooling System, MSA V-Gard head protection (worn underneath soft hood), and North by Honeywell BC86 Bump Cap, dark green #BC86040000 (worn in tight spaces) - (approximate weight 4.5 lbs.)
- MSA Half Face Negative-Pressure COMFO CLASSIC Respirator - (approximate weight 12 oz.)
Training shall mean all parts of the blaster respirators/helmet equipment systems. The above respiratory equipment represents that used by abrasive blasters at Client. Daily use of respirators may occur.
5.Fall Protection/4-D Body Harness-Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines-Beam Clamp trained and
qualified in accordance with the following OSHA Regulations; 29CFR1915.159,
29CFR1915.71(j)(3), 29CFR1915.73(d), and 29CFR1915.77(c). Client highly
recommends the vest-donning type of body harness instead of the step-into-type body
harness, with D-Ring in the back. Individuals must be trained (which includes having donned
the body harness and demonstrated practical use of the vertical & horizontal lifelines and
beam clamp) with the same type fall protection equipment that they are expected to wear on
Client premises or on off-site Client work locations. Body Harness and
Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines and Beam Clamp Systems shall comply with the requirements
of ANSI Z359.1.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Abrasive Blaster - 2Nd Shift
Job Description At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 250+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
- This is an entry-level position in our Abrasive Blasting department. Employees in this position use a variety of media to blast parts in preparation for painting. Hours for this position are training Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.
2:30 p.m. Once training is complete, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m.
10:30 p.m. Specific responsibilities include: * Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
Follow technique cards instructions to process parts
Work closely with more advanced operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
Sign off on paperwork as required
- Other related duties as assigned Essential Mental/Physical Demands: Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. . Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Hearing protection is required. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions.
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment. Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Required Experience: Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences. When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred. # U.S. Export Policy Notice: To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Job Title: Abrasive Blaster
- 2nd Shift
Req ID:* 12142BR
Location:* Hytek Finishes
Country:* United States
Full/Part-Time:* Full Time
Position Type:* Regular
Agriculture Commodity Grader II
Summary The Agriculture Commodity Grader II is responsible for providing technical supervision of company employees and for monitoring poultry and poultry products to ensure compliance with established standards. This position is governed by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations, state and federal laws and agency policy.
Typical Functions Monitors temperatures and relative humidity in the coolers; checks temperatures of the washers, the individual egg, and the final rinse according to established procedures. Tests the sanitizer spray rinse to ensure compliance with USDA requirements.
Verifies the accuracy of individual and bulk scales. Monitors and verifies the grading of poultry and poultry products performed by industry graders by observing, examining samples of finished products, counting, weighing, and checking temperature to ensure compliance with USDA regulations. Performs pre-operational sanitation inspection of the plant facility according to the USDA standards.
Inspects poultry processed under government contract by examining product to determineconformance with specifications. Issues certificates for shipping, verifying compliance withregulations. Inspects trucks used for shipping poultry and poultry products for cleanliness and temperature control.
Trains selected industry personnel to grade poultry to USDA standards, and notifies processing plant management of grading/operational problems andrecommends corrective action. Contacts plant management of non-compliance standards and/or safety hazards; recommends corrective action. Maintains USDA Shell Egg and Poultry regulations and instruction manuals. Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Job Dimensions Shift work is required. Exposure to varying temperatures and humidity levels is required. Frequent in-state travel is required.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Knowledge of USDA grading and instructional manuals. Knowledge of shell egg and poultry processing equipment.
Ability to pass a standardized test on federal regulations governing the grading and inspection of poultry and/or poultry products. Ability to perform/monitor on-site inspections to determine/verify compliance with USDA standards and recommend corrective action. Ability to complete and submit required documents and reports in accordance with established procedures.
Ability to inspect facilities and equipment for cleanliness. Ability to perform commodity grading. Ability to oversee the work of industry poultry graders. Minimum Education and/or Experience The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma; plus three years of experience in poultry inspection, commodity grading or a related field.
Preferred QualificationsCertificates, Licenses, Registrations Must be licensed as a poultry and/or shell egg grader by the USDA as established by the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 as amended (7USC 1621). Must possess a valid Arkansas driver’s license. Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management. OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Agency Specific Information This is an evening shift position in Berryville, AR. After training is completed, employee will be license with USDA.
C++ Grader - Engineering Training & Documentation (Consultant)
Job Requisition Number: 63679 ### Our team: The Bloomberg Engineering Training and Documentation team provides learning opportunities to develop the technical skills of our 4,800\
- software engineers. We have a passion for technology and a love for sharing information in interactive and engaging training events.
We are looking for talented programmers who will provide support to the Engineering New Hire Training Team by grading evaluated projects and peer code reviews as well as providing feedback on areas of improvement for the entry level training programs. There may be opportunities to mentor students in design and coding skills as well. Applicants should have strong C+\
- coding and reviewing skills, be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week, and be able to work under tight deadlines. This is an ideal opportunity for someone working towards their master or PhD in Computer Science. For candidates with strong coding ability, this role can also be full time.
’ll trust you to:
- Become familiar with evaluated assignments created by the team + Grade each evaluated assignment based on grading guidelines + Keep track of evaluated assignment grading deadlines + Communicate effectively with training class managers and team leaders about trainee assignments + Follow team protocol and procedures for handling grading related issues + Take on additional development projects for the team
You'll need to have:
year of Object Oriented Design and Development Experience + 1\
year of demonstrated experience with Unix, C/C++ + Strong verbal and written communication skills + Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
’d love to see:
Experience working in a fast pace environment + Strong team player working on a large team
Experience using Github
Motor Grader Operator - Sealcoat/Stabilization
Company Info The success Manatts, Inc., enjoys today in the construction industry started more than 60 years ago. Back then, it was one man, one truck, and now our team of employees numbers more than 700 strong. We have dozens of ready-mix and asphalt production facilities around the state of Iowa. Our massive fleet of dump and ready-mix trucks serves thousands of job sites every year. In addition, our concrete and asphalt paving divisions, along with our various other crews, complete hundreds of projects every season. Job Description Our Sealcoat/Stabilization Division has an opening for the 2018 construction season for an experienced Motor Grader Operator. This position involves operating self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone to grade specifications.
This individual will start working as soon as weather permits.
Qualified applicants must have previous motor grader operating experience.
May be required to operate other pieces of equipment.
Other equipment operating experience a plus.
Other miscellaneous general laborer duties may be assigned.
CDL license preferred.
This is a full-time seasonal position based out of Brooklyn, Iowa, which requires travel during the construction season. Benefits
Life and AD&D Insurance + 401K Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability Insurance
Per Diem, per Company policy For a complete benefits listing or to learn more about Manatts, Inc., visit www.manatts.com.
Motor Grader Operator
Jackson Land Development is a busy site work contractor looking for a highly experienced Finish Grader Operator to meet company productions and specified tolerances. Must be able to read plans and understand a scope of work.
- Must have a valid driver license
- Must have a good driving record
- Use of a company truck could be included
Start immediately, great pay and benefits.
PAY IS BASED OFF OF EXPERIENCE
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace – EEO Workplace
Jackson Land Development’s leadership staff brings nearly 40 years of experience.
Our mission is to be the leader and standard bearer in site development, partnering with residential and commercial land developers who are dedicated to providing the ultimate value and satisfaction to our customers.
140/14 Motor Grader Operator - Blademan
Basic Job Functions Safely operates a finish blade. Will be responsible for preventative maintenance and pre-shift walk around of the assigned equipment to assure safe operation. Key Responsibilities
Maintain positive working relationships with all members of the crew.
Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all times.
Provide feedback to ensure all materials, tools, equipment and information is available for the work.
Look for opportunities for improvement in all tasks, means and methods regarding the work and be willing to learn from others.
Continually seek opportunities to share knowledge and teach others.
High proficiency in all related equipment preventative maintenance.
Eliminate WASTE such as waiting, rework, transporting, material storage and time. Minimum Job Requirements
Must have a minimum of three years (level I), four years (level II), five years (level III) and six plus years’ experience in the industrial/commercial construction industry and have an in-depth understanding of the operation of various types of heavy construction equipment.
Must be able to read and understand drawings, specifications, safety and quality standards and effectively utilize all trade tools and equipment relevant to the work.
Possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned. Physical Requirements
Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
Will climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
Will lift, push or pull objects up to 50lbs. on an occasional basis.
Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
Move in and around confined, cluttered and uneven areas. Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company. Req. ID: 4433 External Company Name: Sundt Companies, The External Company URL: www.sundt.com
Motor Grader Operator
LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939 Our history goes back to 1939 when W. E. Lehman and George B. Roberts bought the Mississippi and Memphis operations of Carey-Reed Company, a company started by Mr. Roberts’ brother in law in 1907. The new Lehman-Roberts Company located their first asphalt plant and office on Front Street in downtown Memphis. The headquarters were moved to the current address at 1111 Wilson in 1943. In 1971, the company became affiliated with Memphis Stone and Gravel Company through common ownership. Still a family owned business, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing of quality hot mix asphalt and the superior placement of that pavement. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, relationships and continuous improvement. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, Lehman-Roberts Company specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial parking lots to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South. CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: MOTOR GRADER OPERATOR Position Summary The Grader Operator is responsible for operating the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Primary equipment will be grader (12Hor M), trackhoe and backhoe. Responsibilities
Use equipment to level roads, ensure proper drainage and prepare roads for laying down of asphalt
Willingness to learn and consistently follow operator maintenance guidelines as set forth by the Total Process Reliability (TPR) standards
Practice workplace safety procedures and requirements, including the safe and secure storage of equipment after usage
Must pass a "fit-for-employment" physical exam and drug screen
Ability to operate other heavy road construction equipment including rollers, brooms, shoulder spreaders, loaders and asphalt pavers
Exhibit leadership qualities so as to become a lead person on the crew to serve as a back-up to the crew foreman Success Criteria
Minimum of 2 years of experience as a motor grader operator
Have knowledge of traffic control procedures; certifications a plus
Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office products
Experience with Viewpoint Construction Software not required, but a plus
Commercial driver’s license (CDL) not required, but a plus
Ethical, dependable, and have a willingness to continually learn
Demonstrates good communication and team-building skills BENEFITS OFFERED:
Paid Vacations and Holidays + Plus Safety Incentive Days
Flexible Spending Account
Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability and Vision It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. APPLY TODAY!
Robinson Lumber Company is looking to hire a full-time Hardwood Lumber Inspector. Primary duties and responsibilities include consistent and accurate grading of green and dried lumber.
The successful candidate must be NHLA certified or equivalent experience and have the flexibility and ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced work environment. Tag Lumber Services is a provider of lumber drying, grading, sorting, and shipping services worldwide. We are a strong team dedicated to continuous improvements. Responsibilities • Visually inspects lumber according to species, grade, and dimension; • Uses NHLA lumber grading rules to inspect lumber; • Able to re-manufacture and upgrade lumber to increase value • Control quality and productivity throughout the inspection process • Communicate quality issues with other team members Qualifications • GED/HS degree • 2+ years experience • Experience with NHLA rules • Effective written and verbal communication • Ability to work well with others with excellent attendance record This is not an entry level position and will require proven competencies
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!