Abrasive Grinder Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Abrasive Grinder
Abrasive - 2Nd Shift
Job Description At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 250+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
- This is an entry-level position in our Abrasive Blasting department. Employees in this position use a variety of media to blast parts in preparation for painting. Hours for this position are training Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.
2:30 p.m. and once training is complete, Monday through Friday 2:00 p.m.
10:30 p.m. Specific responsibilities include: * Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
Follow technique cards instructions to process parts
Work closely with more advanced operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
Sign off on paperwork as required
Other related duties as assigned Essential Mental/Physical Demands: Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. . Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection is required. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions. Required Skills:
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment.
Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Required Experience: Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences.
When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred. # U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Job Title: Abrasive
- 2nd Shift Req ID: 11012BR Location: Hytek Finishes City: Kent State/Province/County: Washington Country: United States Full/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Type: Regular
Abrasive Waterjet Machinist
The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc...).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.
We have experienced significant growth and are seeking key personnel to help facilitate upcoming expansion.
We are looking for grinders who have experience with hand grinding or grinding wheels. 1st and 3rd shift are both available! The duties include washing, grinding, and organizing parts in a manufacturing setting. Candidates must be willing to work in a machine shop setting.
- Moves metal objects, such as castings, billets, machine parts, sheet metal subassemblies, or arrowheads, against abrasive wheel of bench grinder to grind, smooth, or rough-finish objects to specifications
- Clamps work piece in work holder or jig, or holds in hands, and feeds it against rotating grinding wheel to remove excess metal, scratches, or burs.
- Examines or measures work piece for conformance to standards.
- May position work piece in automatic feed mechanism.
- May select and mount abrasive wheels of different grit size to grinder to obtain specified finish on work piece.
- May start pump and direct coolant flow against wheel.
- Grinding welds using a hand grinder
- Candidates must be able to read blueprints
- Good job tenure
- At least one year of grinding experience is required!
Tri County (Cincinnati)
Grinder Hours: 1st shift and 3rd shift are available!
Grinder Pay: $13-15/hr. BOE
- Read blueprints for product specifications, such as dimensions, material type, material sizes, finish callout and material hardness, etc.
- Read manufacturing orders to determine polishing operations and staging of parts. •Remove burrs, sharp edges and clean parts.
- Stamp identification numbers on parts, as instructed.
- Select grade of abrasive belt, wheel, sand rolls or disk, according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to various grinding and polishing tools.
- Polish heat treated parts to product smooth, consistent, unmarred surface and achieve specified finish.
- Work with items on bench, rotary table and lathe for rough and finish polish of work piece to remove scratches, tool marks, excess weld material, burrs and other defects from metal surface to produce smooth, consistent, unmarred surface and achieve specified finish.
- Effectively use the sand blaster to prepare part for final polish and finish sand blast parts to achieve specified finish.Grinder
- High school diploma with at least 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment. •Ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge and experience working with various ferrous and non-ferrous metals required. •Good math skills. Ability to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications
- Must be able to operate, but not limited to, the following tools: large angle grinders, small angle grinders, belt sanders, die grinders, orbital sanders, drum sanders and hand files.
- Operate assorted polishing tools and abrasives on surface of work piece to remove scratches, tool marks, excess weld material, sharp edges and burrs.
Skilled and Semi-Skilled Trades; Construction; Manufacturing/Industrial; Office; Professional; General Labor
1St & 2Nd Shift Grinder
Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal pieces.
Essential Duties and
- Operate all tools for grinding, deburring, sanding and polishing while being proficient in grinding sheet metal.
- Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
- Moves grinder over surface of work piece to remove scratches and imperfections
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses basic technical knowledge of grinding tools and their safe operation
- Able to follow directions precisely and perform repetitive tasks
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years manufacturing experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Dimar Manufacturing Corp. was founded in 1993 as a custom sheet metal fabricator. Since our inception we have focused on meeting or exceeding customer requirements for quality and delivery. To do so, we found that it was critically important to control as many secondary operations in house as possible.
We have accomplished this through expanding our processes to include a full range of value added operations as well as continuous reinvestment in state-of-the-art manufacturing technology and skilled personnel. Our goal is to consistently offer Quality products with exceptional customer service."
From our two plants in the greater Buffalo (Western New York State) area we serve a growing North American as well as Global customer base.
What We Offer:
9 paid holidays
401(k) with company match
Immediate position available for an experienced Press Brake Operator. Able to setup dies and forming tools in all press brakes. Must be able to make adjustments to machine with minimal instructions from the immediate supervisor or another operator. Ability to remove all previous setups from machine.
Responsible for setting up and tending Line-grain machines and hand grinders in order to grind and deburr external / internal edges of metal pieces. Grind and finish welds on fabricated parts of both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Follows instructions and charts during grinding procedure.
Essential Duties and
- Remove metal by the application of abrasives which are bonded to form a rotating wheel.
- Rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
- Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
- Determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
- Collect and assemble required products.
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding disks to be used.
- Mount grinding wheels and disks.
- Use dressing devices.
- Position work rest to specified height.
- Lift or hoist workpieces.
- Confirm ground workpiece has the correct specifications.
- Change worn grinding wheels and disks.
- Check grinding wheels for cracks.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- Set up automatic work-feeding device.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines
- Grind nonmetallic materials.
- Observe machine during operation.
- Operates production machines after setups are completed.
- Makes machine adjustments to support product quality.
- Utilizes hand tools to check for dimensional conformances and follows work instructions shown on the shop order, print, control plan, SPC charts, conformance charts and any other appropriate documents.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and department supervisor.
- Communicates problems to the appropriate setup or supervisory personnel in an effective, efficient and prudent manner.
- Abides by all company policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Hand Book, policy manuals, work instructions, bulletins and dated memos.
- Provides basic training to apprentice level employees as required.
Makes machine adjustments to support product quality.
Communicates effectively with co-workers and department supervisor.
Communicates problems to the appropriate setup or supervisory personnel in an effective, efficient and prudent manner
Abides by all company policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Hand Book, policy manuals, work instructions, bulletins and dated memos.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
Able to comprehend and act on information presented in-group settings such as training sessions or meetings involving all personnel in their department, job class and/or plant meetings.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to perform SPC functions, which may include calculating set-back and bend allowance.
Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
Experience with Amada RG Press Brakes with NC-2X Control Back gage a plus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: Stand and walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach.
The employee is frequently required to bend over, lean in, stoop or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities to do this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Bilingual Spanish a BIG PLUS.
Precision Grinder - Machinist - Grinder Operator
Job Description Precision ID/OD Grinder that can produce high quality product finishes up to .0005". Must have minimum of 5 years experience and the ability to work well on their own with little to no supervision. Analyze blueprints, visualize grinding process, and understand the sequence of machining operations required Understand the characteristics of abrasives in order to select and dress the appropriate grinding wheel Select optimal feed rates, grinding speeds, depths of cuts, etc. Inspect and verify dimensions of work piece for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as templates, micrometers, dial indicators, and gauge blocks
Requirements Previous experience setting up and operating ID and/or OD Grinding machines (internal diameter or external diameter) to grind steel and carbide dies, tools, and machine parts Favorable background check, drug test and physical Precision ID/OD Grinder that can produce high quality product finishes up to .0005".
Direct Hire position
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Post a Job
Manual Gear Grinder / Spline Grinder / Broach Grinder
Manual Spline Grinder / Gear Grinder / Broach Grinder
Experienced Machinist Required
2 + years machining experience with MANUAL Spline Grind machine
Must be able to produce components to specifications from blueprints and ensure proper dimensions of finished product and design requirements.
Proficient in the use of calipers and micrometers, Gage Blocks, etc.
Must be able to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments with special attention to accuracy & detail.
MUST BE RELIABLE, Work well with others, self-motivated, team oriented and a problem solver
Strong mechanical aptitude required
Machine assembly experience a plus
We are a full service Machine and Tooling Manufacturer located in Warren, MI
Please send resume to ISI-HelpWanted@live.com
Grinder - Entry Level, Training Provided
Title: Grinder - Entry level, training provided
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group:
Engineered Products and Solutions
Position Description: Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) has immediate openings for Grinders to assist in the production process at our plant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This is an entry level position to a career in aerospace manufacturing. Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC). Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries—such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You’ll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Key Responsibilities: + Utilizing a large swing grinder and/or small hand grinder will condition parts for defect removal. Grinds and smoothes surfaces of parts.
Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
Removal of defects and/or sharp edges.
Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder.
Starts grinder and moves it over surface of work piece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs.
Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface.
Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
Requisition Number: 21035BR
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Qualifications: + High School diploma or GED
Primary Location: CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Minimum Education Required:
GED Not Completed
Minimum Travel Required:
Basic Qualifications: + Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings
Job Type: Entry Level/New Grad
Post a Job
Grinds and chips work piece to groove, bevel, round, or straighten edges or remove excess stock from metal as specified by drawings, job orders, or guidelines or to remove defects such as shrink cracks, and holes. Cleans, deburrs, polishes, or grinds metal items by performing the following duties.
(Respirator PPE is mandatory when working in the grinding room.No facial hair. )
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Scrapers or rubs with file, wire brush, or buffing cloth
- Holds parts against a buffing or grinding wheel
- Deburrs or polishes parts
- Mounts part(s) on revolving spindle or chuck and holds or moves tools such as file, abrasive stone, or cloth against work piece to file, grind, polish, or buff surface
- Cleans interior surfaces of holes
- Grinds portable parts
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Hours: 5:30 AM - 4 PM
Schedule: Monday thru Thursday