Abrasive Grinder Job Description Sample
Abrasive Waterjet Machinist
The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc...).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.
We have experienced significant growth and are seeking key personnel to help facilitate upcoming expansion.
C-7 Certified Abrasive Blaster
Blasters must have three (3) or more years of experience in using high pressure blast equipment. Experience must include working in a physically demanding environment, confined spaces, working at heights, and in the use of a blaster air-fed helmet and/or soft hood air-fed respirator and a negative-pressure half-face respirator. Blasters must be of height and weight that will allow entrance and movement through man way and tank openings. All blasters must be United States Citizens.
Blasters are not being hired as Blast Machine Equipment Operators (BMEO’s) and Ultra-High Pressure Water Blasters.
Required Safety Training /
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Client.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company, which includes replacement of any damaged PPE. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Client.
1.Confined Space Entry trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29CFR1915 Subpart B.
2.Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200
[1910.1200) (h) (1) through (3) (iv)].
3.Blaster shall be inorganic arsenic trained and medically qualified in accordance with OSHA
Standard 29CFR 1910.1018.
4.Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet trained and qualified. A Respirator Medical Clearance
Examination as required by a Physician. The Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet Training and Fit
Testing (where applicable) will meet the requirements of Standard 29CFR1910.134 and each
blaster shall be trained in a
- RPB NOVA 3 Air-Fed Helmet with or without the Cooling System
- MSA Soft Hood Air-Fed Respirator with or without the Cooling System, MSA V-Gard head protection (worn underneath soft hood), and North by Honeywell BC86 Bump Cap, dark green #BC86040000 (worn in tight spaces) - (approximate weight 4.5 lbs.)
- MSA Half Face Negative-Pressure COMFO CLASSIC Respirator - (approximate weight 12 oz.)
Training shall mean all parts of the blaster respirators/helmet equipment systems. The above respiratory equipment represents that used by abrasive blasters at Client. Daily use of respirators may occur.
5.Fall Protection/4-D Body Harness-Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines-Beam Clamp trained and
qualified in accordance with the following OSHA Regulations; 29CFR1915.159,
29CFR1915.71(j)(3), 29CFR1915.73(d), and 29CFR1915.77(c). Client highly
recommends the vest-donning type of body harness instead of the step-into-type body
harness, with D-Ring in the back. Individuals must be trained (which includes having donned
the body harness and demonstrated practical use of the vertical & horizontal lifelines and
beam clamp) with the same type fall protection equipment that they are expected to wear on
Client premises or on off-site Client work locations. Body Harness and
Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines and Beam Clamp Systems shall comply with the requirements
of ANSI Z359.1.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Abrasive Blaster - 2Nd Shift
Job Description At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 250+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
- This is an entry-level position in our Abrasive Blasting department. Employees in this position use a variety of media to blast parts in preparation for painting. Hours for this position are training Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.
2:30 p.m. Once training is complete, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m.
10:30 p.m. Specific responsibilities include: * Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
Follow technique cards instructions to process parts
Work closely with more advanced operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
Sign off on paperwork as required
- Other related duties as assigned Essential Mental/Physical Demands: Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. . Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Hearing protection is required. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions.
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment. Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Required Experience: Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences. When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred. # U.S. Export Policy Notice: To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Job Title: Abrasive Blaster
- 2nd Shift
Req ID:* 12142BR
Location:* Hytek Finishes
Country:* United States
Full/Part-Time:* Full Time
Position Type:* Regular
Metal Finisher/ Grinder
Job Summary:Our client, who is the top source for metal and plastic fabrication services, is currently looking for a finisher to join their Altoona team. This is a first shift (Monday through Thursday 6a-5p), contract-to-hire opportunity, with a starting pay of $13/hour. The ideal candidate will have proven experience with:Setting up and operating grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from internal and external surfaces
Finishing edges or corners, grinding and blending welds, buffing, hones and polishing metal or plastic work pieces according to specifications
Performing a variety of techniques to remove burrs or sharp edges and clean machined flat surfaces
Using belt sanders, abrasive charge wheels, fixtures, tumblers, vibratory equipment, foot or hand presses, files, and scrapers
Experience working with different types of qualities of sheet metal
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position will include:Set up grinding/finishing equipment with proper grit belts or pads
Set up tumblers or vibratory equipment with proper media
Ability to sort and stack plastic and metal parts
Utilizing safety procedures and standards at all times
Perform operations that will meet quality standards
Ability to lift 50lbs on a routine basis
Manual Gear Grinder / Spline Grinder / Broach Grinder
Manual Spline Grinder / Gear Grinder / Broach Grinder
Experienced Machinist Required
2 + years machining experience with MANUAL Spline Grind machine
Must be able to produce components to specifications from blueprints and ensure proper dimensions of finished product and design requirements.
Proficient in the use of calipers and micrometers, Gage Blocks, etc.
Must be able to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments with special attention to accuracy & detail.
MUST BE RELIABLE, Work well with others, self-motivated, team oriented and a problem solver
Strong mechanical aptitude required
Machine assembly experience a plus
We are a full service Machine and Tooling Manufacturer located in Warren, MI
Please send resume to ISI-HelpWanted@live.com
Grinder - Entry Level, Training Provided
Title: Grinder - Entry level, training provided
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group: Engineered Products and Solutions
Position Description: Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) has immediate openings for Grinders to assist in the production process at our plant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. This is an entry level position to a career in aerospace manufacturing. Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC). Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries—such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You’ll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Utilizing a large swing grinder and/or small hand grinder will condition parts for defect removal. Grinds and smoothes surfaces of parts.
Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
Removal of defects and/or sharp edges.
Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder.
Starts grinder and moves it over surface of work piece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs.
Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface.
Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
Requisition Number: 21041BR
Minimum Years of Experience: Entry Level
- High School diploma or GED
Primary Location: CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Minimum Education Required: GED Not Completed
Minimum Travel Required: None
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Business Unit: Arconic Engines
Job Type: Entry Level/New Grad
Gear Grinder (Hobbers/Shapers)
Gear Grinder (Hobbers/Shapers)
1) Sets up and operates one or more gear grinding machines to grind surfaces of splines or gear teeth, following machining instructions applying knowledge of gear grinding techniques.
2) Reads blueprint or machining instructions to define fixtures and grinding wheel to use, machine settings and gear dimensions tolerances.
3) Clamps workpiece in chuck or fixture, or presses it on arbor mounts between centers.
4) Positions secures wheel on arbor in relation to workpiece, using wrenches.
5) Moves levers or mounts gears in machine to set feed rates and rotation speeds of wheel workpiece in relation to each other.
6) Turns handwheels to feed wheel to workpiece or vice versa, and to index workpiece, and engages automatic feeding indexing device.
7) Turns valve and directs flow of coolant against wheel workpiece.
8) Sets up and operates wheel dressing device to dress true abrasive wheel.
9) Verifies conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gear measuring wires, and involute checker.
10) May compute data, like gear dimensions machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
Grinding Operator, Cheektowaga First Shift Am-2:30PM Monday-Friday Do you enjoy being a representative in a warehouse/plant? Are you looking for steady hours and weekly pay checks? Manpower has an immediate opening! What's in it for you? * Full Time
Temp to Perm Position What is the job? * Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal pieces.
Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
Moves grinder area with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surfaces What you bring to the job? * Must be able to read and interpret specifications and part drawings. * 1-2 years of manufacturing experience needed.
Great attitude and ability to work in a team and alone.
High school diploma or equivalent (such as a GED).
Ability to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen. Stop your job search and apply today. Do you need more information? Contact our recruiters at 716-634-3200. We love referrals so please share our job with friends and family. Also, check out Manpower's career platform with tools and resources to prepare you for today and tomorrow's jobs at www.manpower.com/mypath
Grinder Precision A
Grinder Precision A
Location CA, Burbank
Employment Type Full Time
Crane Aerospace & Electronics
is seeking a Grinder Precision A operator in Burbank, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for working in a machine shop to grind parts according to size and specifications. Accountabilities /
Inspect or measure finished work pieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as gauges or micrometers.
Lift and position work pieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them in hoppers or on machine tables, faceplates, or chucks, using clamps.
Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners of work pieces.
Observe machine operations to detect any problems; make necessary adjustments to correct problems.
Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications, utilizing knowledge of
Measure work pieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
Select machine tooling to be used, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements.
Study blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product specifications, tool requirements, and operational sequences.
Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
Activate machine start-up switches to grind cut work pieces, according to specifications.
Must have 5 -7 years prior experience as a O.D.Grinder in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
Must be able to work to very close tolerances of .000050 straightness and .000020 roundness.
Flow test, match grinding, slide/sleeve grinding exp. Studer S20 helpful.
Working knowledge of grinding processes, tools, materials and precision measuring instrumentation.
Ability to read and interpret Blueprints and Manufacturing Outlines.
Must work well in a team environment.
Knowledge and training in Statistical Process Control and Total Quality Management beneficial.
About Crane Aerospace & Electronics: Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS). Crane Aerospace & Electronics brings industry-leading electronic and hydraulic subsystems for landing gear together in solutions that add value and offer superior performance our customers can count on. We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value. Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities. In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to participate in a random drug test pool.This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
PDS Tech is looking for Grinders in Chandler, AZ. Please contact Jonas at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 480.212.0845
Essential Duties and
· Ensures proper machine set up, selection, and use of grinding wheels. · Removes excess coating within specified tolerances minimizing taper, chatter, or defects. · Inspects product to determine if process is complete. · Completes part router paperwork, updates tracker, and moves part to next department. · Performs daily, routine, and preventive maintenance of all tools and equipment. · Documents all issues and inform supervision. · Follows all safety rules and policies. · Completes all housekeeping tasks in work area. · Performs other duties as assigned. · Attendance is an essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: · Operates grinding machines to assemble products and produce parts to established blueprint and engineering specifications. · Grinds and blends steel to prepare for paint or powder. · Selects, mounts, attaches and calibrates a variety of attachments to grind angles, contours, lines, spheres, etc. on to surfaces. · Experience in grinding holding tolerances preferred. · Strong attention to detail, quality focused and willing to learn. · General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools. · Ability to read and interpret written information and follow directions.
Work Experience: · 1 + years of experience with hand grinders / belt grinders. · Experience working around machinery in a manufacturing environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!