Abrasive Mixer Job Description Sample
Corporate Engineering - Principal Project Engineer - Abrasive Systems
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Principal Project Engineer for the Corporate Engineering organization located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will primarily be responsible for managing capital investment projects in support of the Abrasive Systems Division (ASD).
A project engineer uses engineering knowledge and skills as a leader of a cross functional team to define the scope, cost and schedule for capital investment projects which support 3M's global manufacturing and research efforts. A project engineer also participates in cost reduction, quality improvements, new process and technology development programs, Lean Six Sigma and safety related activities.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of team work, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment and techniques, in numerous locations throughout the United States and the world.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Manage project timelines and budgets for assigned projects.
* Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants and suppliers.
* Specify equipment performance and design criteria.
* Estimate capital equipment and installation costs.
* Define and execute competitive bidding strategy
* Oversee plant equipment layout and design.
* Coordinate construction activity.
* Lead equipment commissioning.
* Protect 3M intellectual property.
* Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project owners.
* Gain understanding of applicable codes and guidelines to insure designs meet standards.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited program
* Minimum of five (5) years of Project Management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Seven (7) years of experience leading teams through the completion of multi-million dollar projects involving product manufacturing equipment
* Experience with the specification and selection of a variety of manufacturing equipment and process technologies
* Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 20%
Relocation: Relocation is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at or on
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Abrasive Waterjet Machinist
The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc...).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.
We have experienced significant growth and are seeking key personnel to help facilitate upcoming expansion.
Abrasive Blaster - 2Nd Shift
Job Description At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 250+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
- This is an entry-level position in our Abrasive Blasting department. Employees in this position use a variety of media to blast parts in preparation for painting. Hours for this position are training Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.
2:30 p.m. Once training is complete, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m.
10:30 p.m. Specific responsibilities include: * Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
Follow technique cards instructions to process parts
Work closely with more advanced operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
Sign off on paperwork as required
Other related duties as assigned Essential Mental/Physical Demands: Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. . Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Hearing protection is required. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions. Required
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment. Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Required Experience: Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences. When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred. # U.S. Export Policy Notice: To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Job Title: Abrasive Blaster
- 2nd Shift
Req ID:* 12142BR
Location:* Hytek Finishes
Country:* United States
Position Type:* Regular
Concrete Mixer Drivers
Concrete Mixer Drivers:
1 year commercial driving experience
Competitive pay and benefits
Monthly safety bonus program
40 hour guarantee
Paid Holidays and uniforms
Locations - Anna, Aubrey, Lewisville & Prosper, TX
Nelson Bros. Ready Mix, Ltd.
Apply at www.drive4us.net
2nd Shift = Monday to Friday, 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm * add $.50/hr shift premium to base pay
NOTE ABOUT PAY RATE: The high end of the pay range below represents the additional earning potential in our Pay-for-Skills program. All candidates start at the same base rate of pay.
To accurately prepare and properly mix the various batters, icings, fillings and crusts used to create Sweet Street products. The major end results of the job are products that look and taste consistent with the standards established with the original formulas. This position is expected to be able to mix any of the formulas for the product line.
- Order necessary ingredients and in correct quantities as needed from scaling.
- Mix ingredients using machines, properly timing and monitoring for quality.
- Add ingredients in proper order and at the right time to produce expected results.
- Coordinate completion of mixed items with depositors.
- Spot check all scaled ingredients.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and measurements; must pass in-house math aptitude test.
- Ability to properly lift and carry up to 75 lbs. throughout shift.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, comprehend hazardous material labeling, follow production schedule, and prepare graphs, weights and other production reports as required.
Today, Sweet Street is the leading innovator in the dessert industry. We’re still owned and operated by Sandy and headquartered in Reading where Sandy is also the head of research and development, leading a team of like-minded, passionate researchers and recipe developers who now bake for restaurants in over 60 countries, on every continent.
In 2014, we established a new manufacturing facility in Greenville, South Carolina, allowing us to expand production capacity and more easily and efficiently reach our growing customer base in markets across North and South America
Though Sweet Street’s reach is global, our passion for artful food and dedication to quality and innovation remains the motivation behind every one of our products. The sweetness of dessert is beloved by every culture on this planet of ours. In this spirit, all of us at Sweet Street invite you to a culinary experience destined to be shared with cherished family and friends.
Mixer Truck Driver
Concrete Delivery specialist needed for North Jacksonville location as well as St Augustine location.
Experienced Mixer & Painter
Industrial Painter experience needed for manufacturing company in Rancho Cucamonga.
- Paint mixing experience
- Attention to detail
- Able to use specific painting tools
- Basic math skills
- Reliable transportation
- Able to be at work on time and has an excellent work history.
- Paint Machine experience
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and is able to work in the
- Repaint parts, touch up paint. Replace defective parts and do any preventative maintenance required. Organization of parts as required completing repairs.
- Perform inspection tasks
- Perform painting tasks using/operating an industrial paint sprayer
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Ensure painting is to company expectations
This is a Tempt to Hire Position
M-F 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
This position is responsible for performing all the activities pertaining to mixing ingredients for the production of food products; contributes to the team’s efforts in obtaining production efficiencies and follows methods and instructions when mixing ingredients. The employee must follow the Health and Safety and Food Safety programs, processes and procedures.
* Operates two of the following machines/equipment within the savory area: Mixers, stove, Likwifier, kettles, Hobart Mixers, Turbo Mixer, In Line Mixer, VCM and chopping machines and pallet jacks, as required. Uses tools as knives, calculators, brushes, thermometer and other kitchen utensils.
* Ensures consistency quality and coloring of the batches according to product specifications.
* Completes batch cards for every batch produced – records weights per batch and processes all batch cards at the end of the shift.
* Performs area housekeeping as required.
* Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as directed.
* Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education preferred; or up to one year related experience or training in a manufacturing assembly environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificate in AIB preferred but not required.
Mixer Operator (Process Associate) - 3Rd Shift 11Pm To 7Am
Title: Mixer Operator (Process Associate) - 3rd shift 11pm to 7am
Location: United States-Arizona-Goodyear
Job Number: 17948 SUMMARY Under the general supervision of the Production Team Leader, is responsible for dough mixing, preparation, and supply to processing lines. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned due to business needs or special circumstances which may require reassignment to other departments or other job duties. Mixes dough according to specifications for distribution to extruder line: Reads daily production schedule and plans accordingly; prepares mix according to established formulations as specified; properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct dough temperature/dough moisture, makes adjustments accordingly; monitors proofing belt; removes any product that is improperly formed or overlapped.
Mixes ingredients according to specifications to make slurry to coat seasoned products: Reads daily production schedule and plans accordingly; prepares mix according to established formulations as specified; properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct coverage amount, makes adjustments accordingly. Monitors and operates Quality Control Lab Equipment associated with checking finished product characteristics (moisture, salt, slurry oil coverage, etc.). Monitors overall quality.
Prepares and maintains sufficient raw material levels (i.e. meal, yeast, sponge, sale, etc.). Distributes dough to extruders on a timely basis. Monitors extruded pretzel weights and makes adjustments, as necessary, to confirm to processing standards. Keeps dough carts free from excess dough scraps.
May relieve processing department personnel for breaks/lunch. Observes and maintains all safe operating procedures while working around machines and moving parts. Assists other personnel in performance of their duties.
Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to Production Team. Performs sanitation assignments and shutdown cleanup duties as scheduled. Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Production Team Leader.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED); along with related experience and/or training. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Food Handler card. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Job: Manufacturing EEO Disclosure: Snyder’s-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mixer Truck Driver
Deliver concrete to our customers in a helpful, courteous and safe manner. Observe all of Graniterock policies and procedures. Maintain daily vehicle inspection reports, assuring that each vehicle is safe and well maintained. Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability. Notify the Dispatcher of job site information and conditions. Maintain the appearance of the mixer truck. Work in the yard performing maintenance, cleaning and improvement duties as required. Deliver Building Materials as needed. Work in alignment with Graniterock Safe Work Practices, Core Purpose and Core Values, and support One Company principles.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS: Must have a Class A Driver’s License with tanker endorsement, be a team player, have good communication skills and be safety conscious.
EXPERIENCE: 1 yr. Driving a three-axle rig or larger.
SKILLS: Knowledge of the local area, local contractors and/or concrete construction practices.
EXPERIENCE: Mixer Truck driving experience.
OTHER COMMENTS: Must have valid CA Driver's License and clean driving record. Work is covered under an agreement with the Teamsters Local 890.
Please visit www.graniterock.com to complete our online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!