Abrasive Sawyer Job Description Sample
Abrasive Waterjet Machinist
The Abrasive Waterjet Machinist:
· Will set up and operate abrasive waterjet machine tools to produce precision parts and may also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
· Is responsible for the cleaning, periodic maintenance, and pump rebuilding of all abrasive waterjet machines in the shop.
· Must have a tool box, hand tools and basic inspection equipment management deems necessary.
· Dependable individual with reliable transportation.
· Excellent attendance record.
· Wear proper eye, ear, and foot protection at all times.
· Work overtime when required.
· Follow Mainstream Waterjet’s Primary Operating Procedures.
· Load water jet with material as noted on the work order using one of the following: forklift, vacuum lift, cranes, slings and/or magnets.
· Processing various materials plate in accordance with daily/weekly production schedule, including computer programming for the processing of all jobs and shape cutting.
· Set up waterjet machines to cut parts within blue print or CAD file tolerances.
· Perform “in process” inspection of parts.
· Complete jobs in a management specified bench mark time.
· Maintain traceability of Heat, Lot, and Raw Material Purchase Order number throughout production.
· Label parts with appropriate information. (Part number, material type, heat/lot number).
· Deburr, clean and dry parts. Apply rust preventative when required.
· Follow manufacturer’s specified scheduled preventative maintenance (i.e. nozzles, jewels, water filters, HP lines & seals, machine lubrication, etc.) abrasive waterjet machines.
· Re-building of waterjet pumps, slat replacement, high pressure line repairs, multiple filtration system, fluid changeover and cleanliness.
· Update machine maintenance ledger throughout every shift, with appropriate data (consumables, repairs, garnet usage, etc…).
· Complete routine production paperwork.
· Follow standard work safety practices and work in a safe manner at all times
· Organize necessary materials to move between projects in a timely manner.
· Perform general clean-up of the work area.
· Ability to secure and maintain a forklift operator license.
· Ability to lift 55 pounds.
· Ability to apply basic math, fractions and decimal knowledge to work assignments.
· Good communication skills.
· Active awareness of cutting conditions and area around workspace.
· Must be able to work well alone or with a group.
· Must be able to manage time effectively.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
3. Ability to use basic inspection equipment (micrometer, dial calipers, tape measure, steel rule, etc...).
4. Ability to obtain lift truck operator’s license.
5. Excellent communication and team work skills.
6. Organizational, time management and record keeping skills.
1. Associates Degree in related field.
2. Proficient in CAD/CAM software.
3. Knowledge of internet and intranet technologies.
4. Previous experience operating an abrasive waterjet machine or CNC machine in a manufacturing/production environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used in abrasive waterjet machining.
We have experienced significant growth and are seeking key personnel to help facilitate upcoming expansion.
Abrasive Blaster - 2Nd Shift
Job Description At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide. Hytek Finishes employs 250+ employees and offers competitive wages with an excellent benefit package.
- This is an entry-level position in our Abrasive Blasting department. Employees in this position use a variety of media to blast parts in preparation for painting. Hours for this position are training Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m.
2:30 p.m. Once training is complete, the hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m.
10:30 p.m. Specific responsibilities include: * Review customer and Hytek paperwork for instructions
Follow technique cards instructions to process parts
Work closely with more advanced operators to complete work and prioritize tasks
Perform work with strong attention to quality of product
Sign off on paperwork as required
- Other related duties as assigned Essential Mental/Physical Demands: Standing for long periods of time in a manufacturing environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. . Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. Hearing protection is required. Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions.
Candidates must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written purchase orders and paperwork. Must be able to take direction from others and have the ability to work in a team environment. Candidates must be detail oriented and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Required Experience: Candidates must be able to demonstrate longevity in previous work experiences. When applying, please include dates of employment for each previous position. Applicants with previous experience in a metal finishing, manufacturing or aerospace production environment are preferred. # U.S. Export Policy Notice: To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Job Title: Abrasive Blaster
- 2nd Shift
Req ID:* 12142BR
Location:* Hytek Finishes
Country:* United States
Full/Part-Time:* Full Time
Position Type:* Regular
Sawyer Shift 2 (4:00 Pm-12:30 Am)
A Saw Operator must be able to demonstrate a willingness in accomplishing departmental and company goals while working in a safe manner within a physically demanding environment. The Saw Operator will provide cut materials to the manufacturing department. This position is a Monday thru Friday 4:00 pm - 12:30 am. There will be daily overtime opportunities.
1. Obey all safety guidelines.
2. Must be dependable.
3. Must be able to work efficiently in assigned area.
4. Must work well with supervisors and other team members.
5. Achieve daily output goals.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
1. Must be able to read and understand a work order and cut-list to set up and calibrate saws for cutting orders.
2. Need to be able to set up saws quickly so down time is kept to a minimum.
3. Assist other team members when needed.
4. Work to allowable tolerances.
5. Make sure that the lumber is the correct grade and of good quality.
6. Complete all tasks in a timely manner.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS:
1. Strive at being the best.
2. Learn all aspects of position.
3. Maintain company quality standards.
4. Certified forklift operator.
6. Decrease amount of re-cuts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Basic computer skills. Must be familiar with computer program operations, basic understanding of touch screen interface.
3. Knowledge of basic saw machine automation.
4. Good working knowledge of industrial OSHA safety codes and practices.
5. Understanding of basic construction terminology.
6. Knowledge of lumber grading and sizing.
7. Must be able to work in a physically demanding work environment lifting 50 pounds and working in subfreezing and 100 plus degree temperatures. Must be able to climb stairs and bend at waist for hours while manipulating equipment.
8. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Working conditions require interaction with the outdoors and requires significant physical activity. Overtime and weekend work will be necessary.
1. Maintain a safe environment
2. Perform all tasks in a timely manner
3. Work to quality standards.
Nail Gun And Sawyer Trainer
We are seeking a Nail Gun And Sawyer Trainer to become an integral part of our team! You will design and conduct training programs to improve individual and safety performance.
- Implement hands-on training programs focused on individual, safety, and team performance, focusing on but not limited to power air tools such as nail guns, staple guns, and saws.
- Develop training to improve individual and safety performance
- Maintain training checklists and records
- Conduct new hire orientation sessions
- Survey employees and managers to determine training needs and desired results
- Previous experience in construction using power tools
- Ability to build rapport with trainees in a positive and fun manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Strong presentation skills
C-7 Certified Abrasive Blaster
Blasters must have three (3) or more years of experience in using high pressure blast equipment. Experience must include working in a physically demanding environment, confined spaces, working at heights, and in the use of a blaster air-fed helmet and/or soft hood air-fed respirator and a negative-pressure half-face respirator. Blasters must be of height and weight that will allow entrance and movement through man way and tank openings. All blasters must be United States Citizens.
Blasters are not being hired as Blast Machine Equipment Operators (BMEO’s) and Ultra-High Pressure Water Blasters.
Required Safety Training /
Leased Labor Provider Company (LLPC) shall provide employees who have completed the following safety training and /or medical clearance. Leased Labor Provider Company shall provide documentation (copy of training, records, medical clearances, etc.) on Company Letterhead to Client Environmental, Health and Safety Department (O27) for review and approval prior to assignment of employees to work at Client.
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE*) is to be provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company, which includes replacement of any damaged PPE. All Personal Protective Equipment provided by the Leased Labor Provider Company shall meet the requirements of OSHA and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and /or as specified by Client.
1.Confined Space Entry trained in accordance with OSHA Standards 29CFR1915 Subpart B.
2.Hazard communication trained in accordance with OSHA Standard 29CFR 1915.1200
[1910.1200) (h) (1) through (3) (iv)].
3.Blaster shall be inorganic arsenic trained and medically qualified in accordance with OSHA
Standard 29CFR 1910.1018.
4.Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet trained and qualified. A Respirator Medical Clearance
Examination as required by a Physician. The Blaster’s Respirators/Helmet Training and Fit
Testing (where applicable) will meet the requirements of Standard 29CFR1910.134 and each
blaster shall be trained in a
- RPB NOVA 3 Air-Fed Helmet with or without the Cooling System
- MSA Soft Hood Air-Fed Respirator with or without the Cooling System, MSA V-Gard head protection (worn underneath soft hood), and North by Honeywell BC86 Bump Cap, dark green #BC86040000 (worn in tight spaces) - (approximate weight 4.5 lbs.)
- MSA Half Face Negative-Pressure COMFO CLASSIC Respirator - (approximate weight 12 oz.)
Training shall mean all parts of the blaster respirators/helmet equipment systems. The above respiratory equipment represents that used by abrasive blasters at Client. Daily use of respirators may occur.
5.Fall Protection/4-D Body Harness-Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines-Beam Clamp trained and
qualified in accordance with the following OSHA Regulations; 29CFR1915.159,
29CFR1915.71(j)(3), 29CFR1915.73(d), and 29CFR1915.77(c). Client highly
recommends the vest-donning type of body harness instead of the step-into-type body
harness, with D-Ring in the back. Individuals must be trained (which includes having donned
the body harness and demonstrated practical use of the vertical & horizontal lifelines and
beam clamp) with the same type fall protection equipment that they are expected to wear on
Client premises or on off-site Client work locations. Body Harness and
Vertical & Horizontal Lifelines and Beam Clamp Systems shall comply with the requirements
of ANSI Z359.1.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Sawyer Seminar Post-Doctoral Fellowship
The post-doctoral fellow for The New School Sawyer Seminar will work with a diverse team of scholars including Anthony Dunne (Co-Director of the Designed Realities Lab), Victoria Hattam (Politics), Fiona Raby (Co-Director of the Designed Realities Lab), Miriam Ticktin (Anthropology), and Alex Aleinikoff (University Professor and Director of the Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility). The Seminar aims to bring the different traditions of design and the social sciences into dialogue. In doing so, they aim to open up new questions and lines of analysis through a more imaginative engagement with political possibilities of “bordering”. The aim is not to develop ‘design solutions’ but design propositions, useful fictions and hypothetical scenarios in order to facilitate different kinds of conversations across disciplines. The Sawyer Postdoctoral Fellow will: · assist with preparation of seminars and workshops · participate in seminars and workshops · turn selected ideas generated in workshops into design proposals and visualizations · help design a project website documenting project outcomes. — Imagined Mobilities:
A Sawyer Seminar, 2018-19 Much of the debate on borders – both academically and politically – has revolved around a dichotomy: whether they should be open, or closed. The Imagined Mobilities seminar will shift the discussion away from the frame of open or closed borders, to re-imagine the meaning and design of borders. Starting with the concepts of mobility and immobility across political spaces, we will attend to different kinds of movement and to the way movement and space are co-constructed.
In particular, the seminar will open migration and border studies debates by bringing art and design into conversation with contemporary social research. With the dual goals of intervening in current debates on borders and serving as a pilot for collaborative work at the intersection of design and social research, the seminar sessions will follow very different formats over the course of the year. Field trips, invited guests, and design work-shops all will be used re-imagine the mobility/ immobility of humans, non-humans, capital, commodities and things, and the ways they move in relation to one another.
Seminar participants will include faculty from across the university as well as advanced graduate students in art and design and the social sciences. The seminar will be supported administratively by the Zolberg Institute for Mobility and Migration. — The University is engaged in a diversity initiative and we encourage individuals from groups underrepresented in U.S. higher education to apply. The New School is committed to maintaining a diverse educational and creative community, a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment.
Information about The New School for Social Research can be found at: http://www.newschool.edu/nssr/ Salary: $45,000 Benefits: Comprehensive University benefits package including health and retirement plans, tuition remission. Visit https://www.newschool.edu/human-resources/benefits/ The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum Qualifications: · an MFA or PhD degree level qualification in design, architecture or a related field · a portfolio of projects which demonstrate a high degree of aesthetic sophistication and an interest in experimenting with visual language and modes of representation · experience using 3D Modeling software such as Rhino or similar, as well as 2D packages such as Illustrator (essential) and Photoshop · the capacity to work at the scale of both objects and environments · interest in collaboration across design, art, the social sciences and humanities · the ability to develop project ideas from academic discussions and material
· experience working with WordPress or similar platforms · an interest in issues related to migration, mobility and citizenship Special Instructions to Applicants: The deadline for applications is February 1, 2018. The review of the applications will begin immediately and will remain open until the position is filled.
Applicants apply online using the faculty application on The New School Human Resources website https://careers.newschool.edu/. Using our online application system, applicants must submit 1) a cover letter summarizing their design experience and motivation for applying to the post, 2) a resume, 3) a portfolio PDF of design work, 4) and names and contact details of three potential reviewers, who have agreed to be contacted by The New School search committee as needed. Please be advised that, if contacted, the reviewers will be requested for recommendation in a timely fashion (within one week). Applicants may be contacted at the discretion of the search committee for additional materials.
Custom cabinet shop looking for an experienced SAWYER. The ideal candidate will have experience cutting WOOD products as well as various materials used in the cabinet industry. You will be responsible for producing accurate part sizing as well as maintaining a high standard of quality and efficiency. Cabinet construction experience is a definite plus.
Please submit resume and salary requirements. Salary will be determined by level of experience and skills.
Sawyer I Yard
We are now hiring Req #5277 Sawyer I Yard PROMFG Hourly FT Wednesday, November 22, 2017 The Dixieline Lumber and Home Centers are conveniently located throughout San Diego County, offering both homeowners and contractors complete customer service. Our sales staff can help select the proper hardware, tools and supplies needed for just about any project. Today, Dixieline Lumber & Home Centers is owned by Builders FirstSource, the largest supplier of building products, prefabricated components, and value-added services to the residential construction market in the U.S. Under direct supervision, operates basic saw types such as pop-up, miter, web saws to cut planks, timbers, or boards according to work orders.
Reviews work order to determine cut(s) to be made.
Adjusts saw for required cuts.
Adjusts speed of saw and feed rolls.
Stacks cut lumber after processing.
- Observes safety procedures at all times.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED). This is a entry level position where the incumbent will receive on-the-job training. Opera tipos básicos de sierras como por ejemplo sierras desplegables, ingleteadoras, de red para cortar planchas, tablones o placas según las órdenes de trabajo.
Analizar la orden de trabajo para establecer qué cortes realizar.
Ajustar la sierra para los cortes requeridos.
Ajustar la velocidad de la sierra y los rodillos de alimentación.
Apilar la madera cortada después de procesarla.
Respetar los procedimientos de seguridad en todo momento. Requisitos: título secundario o título de educación general (GED, por sus siglas en inglés). Este es un puesto de nivel inicial donde el contratado recibirá capacitación laboral. Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. PROMFG Hourly La Mesa CA Home Center - 8372 Center Dr (91942), La Mesa, California, United States of America
Full Time Sawyer
Beam and Board LLC, a Green Bay reclaimed lumber company is looking for an individual willing to work hard at being part of our production team. This individual must be responsible, hardworking, and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to stand all day
- One (1) year band saw mill experience preferred. Additional training will be available.
- Must follow all safety measures
- Steel toe shoes required
- Self-motivated with ambition and willingness to be productive
Wage and benefits
- Pay based on experience
- Paid vacation and holidays
- No health insurance benefits at this time
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Arrive and work punctually and consistently on a daily basis
- Organize and cut orders in a timely manner to customer specification
- Examine and verity all lengths and angles of cuts. Examine and verify the quality of lumber materials.
- Supervise the labeling of cut lumber. Banding of bundles and staging of cut lumber to insure the tasks are completed correctly.
- Minimize the amount of scrap lumber by maintaining optimal accuracy while cutting
- Maintain saw work area to company standards
- Follow all company safety procedures
Cut Off Operator Aka Sawyer
Cut Off Operator aka Sawyer # San Leandro, CA
Job Snapshot # Location: San Leandro, CA # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 12 weeks
Pay Rate: $0.00 - $16.00 /Hour
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
1/10/2018 # Job ID: 83471 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 510/505-0560 # Fax:
DescriptionAre you an experienced operator who can manage hand tools, saws and blades? Well, stop interviewing and start working with VOLT
sential Functions:A. Adheres to safety rules. Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices. Wears required PPE; protective shields, clothing, wrist supports, glasses and gloves during grinding operations. May be required to handle hazardous waste and to take safety and hazardous materials training. B. Reviews and understands technique cards (instructions on computer monitors) to determine cutting requirements, and then to effectively and accurately act on the instructions. C. Sets up and operates power saws in accordance with safety rules, specifications and operating instructions C. Accurately determines cut requirements. Demonstrates accurate measuring with tools; micrometer, calipers. D. Positions and secures material properly; uses clamping arrangements or fixtures as specified. E.
Follows established housekeeping and safety practices to maintain the quality of the work environment F. Accurately counts, records and visually inspects castparts to assure compliance with specifications. G.
Makes dimensional measurements on specified parts to assure compliance with specifications H. Immediately, without hesitation, notifies lead and/or supervisor of any safety, quality or other issues/concerns
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. We test for math, measurement and reading comprehension
Min. 2 mo. shop experience or an equivalent combination of training and work experience; working knowledge of shop practices; metal cutting skills; tools, equipment and materials; basic computer skills
Ability to follow instructions and specifications in technique cards, to write, and perform basic arithmetic calculations; to read and comprehend documents, such as: safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals; to complete department and production documents in an accurate and timely manner
Ability to frequently lift and/or maneuver objects weighing 25-50# and occasionally up 80#.
Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to: noise, dust, fumes, allergens, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
Able to communicate effectively and in a civil, professional manner, with co-workers and others.
Able to meet individual performance requirements; willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Able to comply with company policy and procedures, including safety, quality, and attendance.
Exercises a high degree of care in the handling of castparts to avoid damage. In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!