Absorption And Adsorption Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Absorption And Adsorption Engineer
Devops Engineer Description
Location Rosie HQ, Ithaca NY8232 Position Full Time8232 Title DevOps Engineer Company Description The industry leading online grocery shopping platform for mobile and web, Rosie launched in 2012 and today enables customers to shop online from their favorite local stores for same-day delivery or in-store pickup.
Rosie partners with leading independent retailers and their wholesalers to provide eCommerce, delivery opportunities, omni-channel marketing and deep data services.
Rosie serves as the preferred eCommerce partner by a variety of wholesale cooperatives, such as Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG), Associated Food Stores (AFS), CERTCO, Olean Wholesale Grocers, and Associated Grocers of New England, and powers the online shopping platforms of major local retailers like Niemann Foods Inc., Broulimrsquos, Maceyrsquos, Clarkrsquos Market, and Buehlerrsquos Fresh Foods.
IBM selected Rosie as the Top Startup in North America in its 2014 IBM Smartcamp Competition.
Visit rosieapp.com httprosieapp.com for company information and to sign up for a free account.
To see firsthand what retailers and their customers think about Rosie, check out this compelling video httpswww.youtube.comwatch?vncx49VUdDls httpswww.youtube.comwatch?vncx49VUdDls . Like us at fb.comrosieapp httpfb.comrosieapp . Summary of Position Rosie's DevOps Team works to support our Customer Success Department.
Customer Success is responsible for launching new stores, account management, and 7 day a week customer service.
DevOps executes all the behind the scenes work needed for these functions to excel.
Additionally, the DevOps Team serves as technical experts for Rosie's third party technical vendors.
Our DevOps Team is responsible for empowering Rosie's retailers to grow their services.
This includes internal server management, data integration documentation and administration, and troubleshooting issues escalated from Rosie Support.
Your performance goals will focus on three areas Communication, Accuracy and Breadth of Knowledge.
Communication This is the most important.
The DevOps team never has a shortage of opportunities to push the company forward and their work is critical to empowering our clients to reach their goals.
While these engineers spend much of their time "under the hood," it's imperative that they can effectively communicate both internally and externally.
Accuracy DevOps is a complex and difficult job.
Slight errors can delay retailer launches or cause large inefficiencies.
This team succeeds through excellence.
By managing the details and quickly identifying issues, DevOps clears the path for our Customer Service Department to achieve their strategic objectives.
Breadth of Knowledge Rosie relies on DevOps to assist in launching new stores, resolving technical issues in web applications and local infrastructure, and identifying critical issues for our Development Team.
A wide understanding of our custom software and the softwarehardware with which we integrate is critical for success.
Required Skills Qualitative Skills Work independently Manage multiple deliverables Manage multiple timelines Highly organized Strong attention to detail Strong communication skills via email and phonendash concise, accurate, friendly Quantitative Skills Previous experience with Atlassian (JIRAConfluence) System administration experience with the following platforms Linux (preferably Ubuntu) SQL Databases (preferably PostgreSQL) GSuite Ability to support and read code in the following ecosystems Ruby on Rails Spring (Java framework) Expertise providing technical support and troubleshooting Computer network and firewall management Data management and transformation between databases Passionate about writing software documentation Knowledge of the following is a plus SideKiq Redis FTP server administration Analytics Platforms (SQL Server Reporting, Jaspersoft, Crystal Reports, SiSense, etc) RabbitMQ Windows Server Git Agile development methodology NewRelic server reporting tools Experience 3+ years supporting web applications 1+ years system administration AWS OpsWorks Deployment, setup and cookbook troubleshooting Identity and Access Management (IAM) policies Developing and managing security policies to provide or limit server and user access CloudWatch Experience with log management, and alarm criteria 1+ years database administration Grocery Industry Success resolving common retail data and customer issues Understanding the needs and priorities of grocery managers Knowledge of Point of Sale infrastructure and data End user hardwaresoftware troubleshooting and support Management of tasks via ticketing systems Responsibilities Maintain system stability on Linux backed Ruby on Rails and Java platforms Manage data storage in an Amazon environment using both Database and API systems Manage data quality with custom applications Administer remote and local network infrastructure Work with software developers, business needs and client requests to identify and remedy performance concerns Manage internal user accounts, permissions, hardware and hardware needs Support internal users with hardware and software troubleshooting Advise and work as part of a team to resolve customer facing issues identified by staff throughout the company Expand company knowledge base through technical documentation for internal and external needs Work with client's technical vendors to resolve data communication, security and other technical concerns Document, deploy and maintain technical integrations with clients and their technical vendors Manage licensing and security policies on client hardware Implement and improve existing processes used to support business operations Provide after hours and weekend emergency support as required Support third party server applications used by the business What makes Rosie a great place to work Our work environment is a clean, bright studio and workshop We provide the software and tools you need to succeed Our excellent team environment will nurture your talents We value results over experience and tenure Opportunities to impact a growing industry We live to create moments that deliver delight
Skills: Web Application Support, Systems Administration, Sys Admin, Point of Sale, AWS, OpsWorks
Post a Job
Corporate Safety Manager - Updated Description 7/27/17
Are you interested in building your career in an evolving and exciting industry such as risk management? We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Safety Manager based out of our San Marcos Corporate office. If you are looking for a career in risk management where you can grow, learn and contribute at a high level, Welk Resorts may be the company where you can realize your potential! At Welk, you’ll have the chance to join a dynamic team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Join us and play a key role in helping Welk in managing its risks!
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Accounting and at least five years of progressively responsible experience with safety training, loss control and/or general risk management is required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as insurance policies, safety rules, loss runs, statistical reports, operation and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have strong customer service and organizational abilities. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is required, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Outlook.
Animal Adoption Counselor
Promote public adoption of animals at all ACC adoption locations or events. Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to potential customers through adoption counseling, answering questions, and assisting with animal interactions and paperwork. Provide with enthusiasm and based on knowledge of ACC’s policies and adoption process.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively reach out to and interact with prospective adopters to find out what they are looking for in a pet.
- Escort clients to view animals available for adoption.
- Physically handle and show animals available for adoption.
- Educate prospective adopters on the responsibilities of pet ownership.
- Interact with and get to know available animals in order to provide information and make the best possible matches.
- Review adoption applications, interview prospective adopters, and make decisions on adoptions. Convey necessary information to ensure a successful and permanent placement.
- Process adoption paperwork including collection of adoption fee.
- Photograph adoptions and keep record of positive adoption stories.
- Identify the needs of each animal and convey their care requirement to adopters; i.e., long-haired dogs require frequent grooming, etc.
- Perform reference checks as needed.
- Understand, adhere to and enforce ACC policies and the adoption process.
- Provide educational information and referrals.
- Perform pending adoption and after care follow-up calls.
- Understand NYCHA rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Review, understand and document all pertinent information in the Chameleon database.
- Work with Adoption Outreach Liaison to identify appropriate animals for offsite events.
- Attend and prepare for offsite adoption events and act as liaison for offsite locations at events as needed.
- Work as a team player within the organization, including with fellow internal placement staff members, ACC volunteers and partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum one year customer service experience preferably with an animal welfare organization.
- Minimum one year experience within an animal shelter.
- Basic knowledge of breeds and their associations with specific behaviors.
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant even in stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer competency, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; capable of learning shelter system database.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid NYS Driver's License.
Ability to work in an animal care facility where euthanasia is performed. Ability to remain calm and assertive in stressful situations. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors or airborne particles including animal fur and toxic chemicals. The noise level in the environment can be very loud. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Adoption Supervisor
OVERTIME: This position is not exempt from overtime.
Animal Care Centers of New York City is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
Production Operator: SEE Description Before Applying
LYONSHR is currently seeking production operators in the Auburn Area!
MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
Able to work Rotating Shifts: 1st week= 12am-12pm 2nd week= 12pm-12am
Able to lift up to 50lbs constant.
Summary: loading and unloading machines, performing quality checks and housekeeping initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time
Founded in 1995, the Staffing Division has 8 offices across the state of Alabama and has experienced rapid growth in the last 3 years. Lyons HR plans continued growth for both divisions, Staffing and PEO, by expanding office locations into new markets across the Southeast in the near future.
Social Media Coordinator Job Description
Bullseye Strategy (www.bullseystrategy.com), with offices located on in the heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale, has a full-time Social Media Coordinator position open to candidates with a passion for social media. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with all prominent social media outlets and accounts with all outlets including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat and Pinterest. The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or current student of digital marketing, marketing, and/or communications. Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, good graphic design skills, and outstanding creative and writing business skills will all be exhibited by the ideal candidate. The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced environment, a variety of sweet treats, and a little bit of office fun, shenanigans and craziness!
If you have a passion for social media and love being creative, this is a great opportunity for you. You'll get to create content and interact with customers via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube and more. You'll help devise strategies to increase engagement between our clients' brands and their customers. You will have the opportunity to craft advertising campaigns to amplify our clients' messages.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Strategize, write and deliver social media content and calendars
Execute social media campaigns to achieve client's goals
Manage day-to-day communication with clients regarding their social media and overall content marketing presence
Work closely with Social Media Manager and entire account team to ensure the social media and content marketing efforts are correlated to the client's overall goals and account direction
Maintain and deliver ongoing client reports on key social media metrics
SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISING
Strategize paid social media advertising campaigns for clients, primarily on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and others
Recommend budgets and testing matrices
Present to account team and Social Media Manager for buy-in and approval
Launch, manage and optimize social media advertising campaigns
Review results, gather insights and utilize to plan future advertising
Research and review new and up and coming advertising placements and creatives
LEADERSHIP & COLLABORATION
Build strong working relationships with your account team to ensure all clients are receiving full breadth and scope of services contracted
Work with different groups within agency, at client, and even other agencies to ensure we achieve the client's goals
Be considerate of everyone’s point of views
Support the agency’s senior team in reporting on social media data
Manage the accurate collection of campaign results
Participate in agency training sessions to improve marketing knowledge
Responsible for execution of all agency social media processes and procedures required for moving work through the agency effectively and efficiently
Oversees quality control of projects, and notifies supervisor of any potential issues
Attend or lead meetings, bringing necessary documents, and provide comprehensive recap and next steps to account team
Desired Skills and Experience
You should have experience with:
Creative and business writing (this can be college level work or internship work)
Facebook, Instagram, LInkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and SnapChat (personal account experience and/or business account experience a plus)
Contests and promotion platforms that integrate with Facebook (Woobox, Shortstack, etc)
Creative capabilities to create customized and personalized videos and images (including proficiency in Photoshop and experience in AfterEffects)
You must be able to come to work from our headquarters in
Fort Lauderdale. No telecommuting.
Must currently be earning or have completed a Bachelor’s degree program. Degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or business preferred.
Must be able to demonstrate other work-related successes including providing writing samples and social media campaign samples that you conceived and executed
Self-starter who can operate independently as well as in a team
Be personally accountable for finishing projects within required time limits
Communicate openly with manager and team members
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Must have good time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to provide at least two references from previous employers
All resumes should be accompanied by a cover letter demonstrating why you’re the right candidate for this position. If you do not send a cover letter, we will not consider you for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Previous social media internship experience required
Experience personally using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SnapChat
We customize strategic, integrated digital marketing initiatives that may include Media Planning & Buying, Social Media Marketing, Partnership Marketing, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing and more. We take a holistic approach to marketing and believe every client has unique needs - there is no one-size fits all approach from our team. We believe in alignment with our clients and know that data tells the story.
Exceptional results are the constant - the path to get there is specifically tailored to meet each of our client's unique goals.
Careers Senior Director & Assistant Controller Description Are You A R
The Senior Director, Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing financial processes to provide accurate and timely financial statements and ensure a strong control environment. S/he will be responsible for financial operations, accounting policy, overseeing account reconciliations, monitoring internal controls and compliance with tax and regulatory requirements.
S/he will directly manage the Accounts Payable, Payroll and General Accounting functions. In this role, the Senior Director must establish relationships with external auditors and partner at all levels of the organization to ensure compliance with financial policies and control requirements., Financial Close (monthly and year end) and Audit Processes 30% Manage all activities related to completion of financial statements for the agency. Provide clear guidelines to divisions and Finance on schedule, process and documentation requirements.
Work closely with Finance, Divisions and SCI to coordinate input, analysis and reconciliations. Lead the Financial Audit process including working with external auditors to determine requirements, review of all PBC items and analysis of the impacts. Clearly communicate deliverables and deadlines.
Tax Reporting and Compliance 10% Work with External Audit firm (Tax Partner) to determine requirements for tax compliance at the federal and state level. Communicate requirements internally, coordinate all inputs and prepare 990 schedules and backup documentation. Perform quality review of all filings including management and technical reviews. Manage Accounting, Accounts Payable and Payroll operations 25% Provide leadership to the teams, mentor staff and set standards in the areas of:
Internal control environment and compliance with accounting policy
Process efficiencies and technology (Agresso) enhancements
Training and guidance to staff
Quality support to stakeholders across the agency Report financial results 20% * Publish clear financial reports. Ensure that data is accurate, complete and reconciled to the general ledger. Work within Finance to clearly define, communicate and maintain the coding structure and chart of accounts.
Provide data to support analysis of new initiatives and programs, e.g. Centennial Campaign Review and Implement Accounting policy for the Agency 15% * Work with Finance and division staff to document accounting policies and procedures for use across the agency. Provide information to stakeholders across the agency through agency-wide updates and specific transaction advice.
Maintain current knowledge and be the internal expert on GAAP and not for profit accounting standards. Provide guidance and interpretation related to accounting treatment of financial transactions.
Consult with tax and legal staff to confirm accounting treatment and obtain external opinions., Save the Children invests in childhood - every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. As a humanitarian agency, Save the Children is obliged to create and maintain an environment that aims to prevent the sexual exploitation and abuse of children and promote the implementation of its child safeguarding policy. All representatives of Save the Children - employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, Board members and others who work with children on Save the Children's behalf - are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. * BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Analytical subject area, e.g. Mathematics, Economics
Knowledge of GAAP and external reporting requirements; CPA required. * A minimum of 7-10 years accounting experience required. Not-for-Profit accounting, finance and some grant experience preferred.
Strong ability with Microsoft Office suite, including advanced Excel skills. Familiarity with Agresso or similar accounting system required.
Highly developed management and organizational skills.
Ability to present information in an informative and clear manner. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must maintain strict confidentiality and the utmost of integrity in all aspects of the position.
Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.
Willingness and ability to travel up to 30%
Retail Sales & Adoption Center Manager
Under the direction of the Special Projects Director, the Retail and Adoption Center Manager is responsible for creating a welcoming environment for all visitors to the Pet Supplies & Adoption Center. This is demonstrated through consistently providing the highest level of customer service, compassion for animals, merchandise/inventory management and ensuring store appearance is in accordance with VBSPCA standards and safety protocols. Oversee the daily operations, budget, and management of the VBSPCA retail departments throughout the organization. Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure retail projections and profitability meet goals.
This job is composed of a variety of tasks, that are covered by general operating procedures but also requires extensive individual judgment to ensure successful operation of the store.
Performs in this position in accordance with the organization’s expectations for animal care, teamwork, interpersonal relations and actively contributes to improving service delivery, communication, and consistency.
- Under the direction of the Special Projects Director, the Retail Sales & Adoption Manager is responsible for managing employees, which includes recruiting, selection, and training of staff to ensure quality customer service.
- Ensure all staff time cards and payroll paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Review trends in merchandise activities; recommending additional needed sales promotions. Market merchandise by studying advertising sales and display plans.
- Working with the Development team, implement a comprehensive marketing plan to reach current clients and new clients.
- Make decisions regarding damaged or discontinued merchandise. This includes evaluating and coordinating products to be returned to vendors for repair, refund, or replacement and determining disposition of products that cannot be returned.
- Achieve retail objectives by preparing annual budget.
- Create monthly reports required by supervisor as it pertains to merchandise, sales, animal care, and adoptions. Ensure merchandise is properly priced, displayed, and stocked according to inventory levels appropriate for each retail center.
- Implement and monitor protocols to minimize shrinkage.
- Responsible for handling cash counting, supervision, supervision of cashiers, and cash register service to maximize customer service and minimize loss of assets. Ensure that sufficient steps are taken to ensure inventory is kept at satisfactory level to supply all retail departments Work with other managers to oversee planning of in-store and community events.
- Expected to hear and resolve all manners of complaints.
- Ensure the health and well-being of animals in the Adoption Center by providing the correct care in accordance with established VBSPCA standards, policies, and procedures.
- Work with clients to ensure that the animals are placed in homes that will meet their needs and the needs of the pet owner.
- Ensure that the store is opened and closed in accordance with policies and procedures, especially those relating to safety and security.
- Coordinate and assign routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image, appearance, and cleanliness of the sales floor and all other areas.
- Responsible for the transport of merchandise and animals to and from the VBSPCA shelter, clinic, Happy Paws, and off-site retail events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary to help meet annual goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of retail management experience is required, to include merchandise/inventory management, sales, customer service, and cash handling.
- Experience working in animal welfare or with animal retail centers is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of mathematics, basic accounting relationships, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with people and to communicate clearly about VBSPCA’s mission, the care and treatment of animals, and the safety of the public, volunteers and other employees.
- Ability to function well independently and as a team member
- Must be able to represent the VBSPCA professionally at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong sense of initiative
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills – experience with point-of-sale software and social media platforms preferred
- Valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to add and subtract for cash management
- Ability to move merchandise and inventory
- Ability to restrain animals to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to clean kennels
- Ability to be around animals
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to move throughout the building as needed throughout the day
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors
Supplier Adoption Implementation Specialist
The Supplier Adoption Implementation Specialist will perform the following job duties from the corporate office in Newport Beach, CA:
•Assisting in the collection of vendor catalogs
•Importing vendor catalogs and creating vendor companies
•Configuring the exposure of catalogs to BirchStreet clients
•Collecting and validating setup data, primarily through Excel spread-sheets
•Working with Project Managers and clients on catalog requirements
•Writing of documentation, emails and other written materials used in the implementation process
•Interact with vendors and implementation team members during the implementation
•Accessing and reviewing databases (Oracle) using SQL statements and other database tools
•Testing supplier integration ordering sites with vendors and clients
Required Skills & Experience: (Candidates with all of the following attributes, please apply).
The following are the minimum qualifications for the Implementation Specialist position:
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Strong knowledge of Excel
Familiarity using SQL a plus
Any experience with eProcurement systems a plus
Ability to speak additional languages is a plus
The position is based in our Newport Beach, California headquarters.
Adoption Navigator Coordinator
Adoption Navigator Coordinator
Children’s Connections Inc. is currently looking for a full-time staff to join the fast pace of this established agency. Children’s Connections Inc. offers paid holidays, paid time off, and full health insurance benefits are available in an environment that is supportive, fun and friendly! All staff works closely in a team environment. You will work closely with the agency directors and other coordinators. Staff members are responsible for managing and providing frequent updates on their workload as well as assisting with other tasks.
We are seeking to hire a full time Adoption Navigator. Primary job duties are:
· Communicate effectively with adoptive parents, expectant parents, other agencies, staff contractors, and persons in crisis
· Guide prospective adoptive parents and expectant parents through the adoption process
· Assign and monitor Adoption Specialists work with clients
· Work with Lead Adoption Specialist to ensure accurate and timely client reports
· Work closely with Information Management Coordinator who maintains databases/ spreadsheets, and prints and issues reports
· Work with Information Coordinator to maintain electronic and hard copy adoption files
· Develop and maintain curriculum and materials for volunteer training
· Conduct presentations in communities to recruit clients and volunteers
· Direct services via phone consultation to clients including providing information, referrals and crisis intervention.
· Maintain a professional office environment and organized workspace
- Answer telephone, handling needs of callers as assigned and record and distribute messages in a timely, professional manner
- Occasional evenings and weekend duties to provide oversight when crisis intervention or relinquishment placement activities occur
· Accept phone calls after hours and handle emergency situations that may arise
· Out of town, overnight travel may be necessary but are infrequent
· Other duties as assigned
The minimum requirement for this full time position is:
· Master’s Degree preferred in Human Services field (such as social work, human development, family studies, sociology, psychology, etc.). A bachelor’s degree is required. Must have two years’ experience in case management. Children’s Connections plans to hire a candidate with the following attributes:
· Good verbal and written communication skills, being “client friendly” and being able to work well with all types of people is a must. We work with highly motivated, high functioning clients as well as those with little motivation who may be low functioning
· Ability to build rapport quickly and maintain relationships with clients over the phone and in –person
· Attention to detail in writing and data entry (case documentation and correspondences) and follow through on assignments
· Effectively manage multiple projects in a busy setting
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Work experience that demonstrates an attention to detail
· Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines
· Have no convictions of felony or misdemeanor classified as an offense against the person or family, or public indecency, or a felony violation of a substance included in the Texas Controlled Substance Act
· No findings on any child and abuse registry
· Must have reliable transportation, with a good driving record and liability insurance
· Must have respect and understanding of people from different races, cultures, and backgrounds
· Must be flexible to accommodate a growing and changing company
· Must have ability to operate office equipment including computers, Internet, alarm, telephone system, copier, fax, shredder, etc.
· Must have previous skills and abilities in using both Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; Proficiency with PowerPoint and Publisher is preferred
· Must be able to pass TB test, drug test, and all background checks before job offer becomes final
Qualified candidates must not work for themselves or other organizations that would be a conflict of interest with any CCI program.
If qualified, send an email with attached cover letter and resume to Jobs@childrensconnections.org. Please indicate which position you are applying for in your e-mail. We’re unable to consider resumes without a current physical address, phone number, or months/years for previous employment.
Children's Connections, Inc. (CCI) is a non-profit organization, founded in 1987, working with adoptive and birth parents, caregivers and professionals to improve the quality of care for children in home, child care and community settings. Our Positive Choices program works with pregnant women in crisis anywhere in Texas, assessing their needs, developing a plan for their pregnancy and the future of their child. We work with pregnant women who are crime victims, have concerns about parenting or are Medicaid eligible with health concerns. CCI is a licensed adoption agency and our Connecting Hearts domestic infant adoption program helps build families throughout the US. Our Crystal Hearts program is Texas only full-service embryo adoption agency. We help families place their frozen embryos (left from in vitro fertilization) with an infertile family, allowing embryos to have a chance at life and giving the gift of parenthood to another family. Our Waiting Child program helps families adopt through interstate adoption. CCI believes in permanent forever homes so does not provide foster-to-adopt services. We conduct home studies and safety evaluations for all types of adoption and custody issues in Texas. We provide information, education, and referrals for adoption, a child care nutrition program and educational seminars for parents and professionals, along with occasional special projects that benefit children, families and/or caregivers. CCI seeks part-time Adoption, Child & Family Specialists throughout Texas to help us conduct these activities in local areas of the state.
Director Of Adoptions And Foster Care
Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services is seeking a well-organized, experienced and dynamic supervisor to oversee its domestic (private infant) and international adoption services as well as our foster care programs (FFA). This position has administrative and supervisory responsibilities for the social work staff of the department and others as assigned. The Director of Adoption and Foster Care must have working knowledge of foster care and adoption related issues and a level of experience commensurate with supervisory responsibilities. This position oversees five distinct programs: Private Infant, International, Foster Care (which includes regular foster care, ITFC, Caregiver), Birth Parent Work (advisement, counseling, and relinquishment process), Post Adoption Services.
Candidate will be responsible for the clinical supervision and management oversight for social worker staff, contract social workers and clerical staff. Administrative responsibilities include clinical supervision, monitoring caseloads & documentation, writing performance evaluations, evaluation of practice, program development, review and approval of home studies and court reports, strategic planning, budget development and monitoring, marketing our program, keeping abreast of opportunities for growth through networking activities and responding to proposals or opportunities as necessary, actively participate in community workgroups and committees to represent Vista, preparation for site visits from accrediting or governing entities. Direct service activities include conducting orientations, addressing client concerns, reviewing client feedback, responding to DCFS, and CCL inquires, working with adoption attorneys, conducting review of revocation of relinquishment processes initiated by birth mothers and being responsive.
LCSW required with at least 5 years of related experience in adoption and foster care services; knowledge of adoption and foster care regulations and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an upper level administrative position which included personnel management, fiscal management, clinical supervision, program development and oversight. Strong clinical, supervisory and communication skills are required. Continuum of Care Reform knowledge preferred. Some evening and weekend responsibilities.
Reply subject: Dir Adopt/FC