Abstractor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Abstractor
Data Abstractor Nurse - RN
RN Data Abstractor Nurse needed. This position is located in nearby Pocatello, ID. Registered Nurse to function as our Data Abstractor / Quality Utilization Management Nurse. Multiple Shifts and RN Specialties available. Apply to be considered for your best fit. 3 12 hour shifts weekly. Abstracts data from patient records for core measures and other clinical improvement projects. Organizes and facilitates data abstraction and reporting as required to meet the goals of the quality improvement program. Coaches, mentors, and provides training for Core Measures and quality initiatives. Assists with departmental quality improvement efforts and quality initiatives. Performs data aggregation via databases and spreadsheets, and analyzes trends for follow-up and reports.
Clinical education in Nursing or related field required, preferably with at least 2 years clinical experience in Medical/Surgical, Intensive Care Unit, or Emergency Department. Experience in data abstraction or record review preferred. Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology. Current certification in quality assurance or utilization review preferred. Ability to utilize Microsoft office tools to compile figures, generate statistics, and prepare accurate reports and other documentation. Ability to formulate graphs and reports to analyze trends preferred. This is a high level position so potential candidate must meet all specified requirements to be eligible for consideration. NO Sponsorship or Visa transfers, No 3rd Party Vendor Referrals, and NO foreign Based Resumes will be accepted at this time. Potential Paid Relocation within the US for ideal candidate. Immediate need and Incredible Pay offered for exceptional candidates.
Apply now to be considered for this opportunity. Email or applying directly with your resume will result in the quickest response.
Julie A. Grey
RN Data Abstractor 7/21/2017
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: 1. Logging Good Catch forms into the Qualcare computer system 2.
Abstracting MBQIP (Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Program) core measures a. AMI (acute myocardial infarction) b. ED transfer communication c.
ED throughput d. Pain managment for long bone fracture e. Other measures to be designated by CMS 3.
Abstracting data for SHIP grant (iCARE) and entering this data into the QHI system 4. Compiling and abstracting HIIN (Hospital Innovation Improvement Network) data 5. Logging Contract quality review data into Qualcare- (Process in development stages)
Post a Job
- Intermediate professional role.
- Moderate skills with high level of proficiency.
- Complete understanding of searching and examining public record information.
- Possesses strong computer skills and working knowledge of proprietary title plant applications.
- Demonstrates sound analytical skills.
- Works under general supervision and consults with senior staff on more complex issues.
- Typically requires a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
- Searches, analyzes and evaluates documents to complete the title process in support of Special Services group .
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzed deeds, mortgages, easement, judgments, taxes and other applicable instruments.
- Resolves issues such as missing, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title document documents.
- Verifies ownership and legal descriptions of real property and checks for documents that may restrict use.
- Reviews data and submits accurate reports
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Salary commensurate with experience
Medical Record Abstractor
- Enters data from medical record into database, or other clinical quality data as assigned
- Monitors and provides feedback on medical record and documentation issues, as needed.
- Assists with other data collection and audit projects as needed
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Must have 2+ years' clinical data abstraction OR heavy data entry experience
- Must have 1+ years' experience with CPT coding as it relates to Emergency Department Services OR be a recent graduate from a medical coding background
- Must complete Sheridan Typing Test and Sheridan Medical Terminology,ER ProveIt Test!
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience
- HS Diploma OR GED
- Monday - Friday, from 8am to 5pm.
- Competitive salary for an Medical Records Abstractor is up to $17.50/hr, based on relevant experience
- Benefits offered, Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Fun and positive work environment
If you are interested in applying to this Medical Records Abstractor position, please click Apply Now for immediate consideration OR Send your most updated resume and contact information to Dan at email@example.com
Cancer Registry Abstractor
Responsible for the identification of cancer patients and maintenance of the Cancer Registry in accordance with the requirements of the Georgia State Cancer registry and the standards of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Codes and abstracts clinical data utilizing appropriate ICD-0 classification system and stages each case using AJCC and SEER staging schemes as regulated by American College of Surgeons (ACoS). Obtains long-term follow up data and analyzes medical records according to ACoS standards. Updates all previously abstracted cases as required. All employees of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, The Joint Commission, and national patient safety standards.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
Cancer Registry Coordinator, Certified Tumor Registrar
Reads and interprets the various components of the medical record, such as pathology reports, radiology x-rays and scans, physical findings, and all treatment modalities, and uses the information to correctly abstract and stage cancer cases employing various required staging systems.
Determines the site of origin (topography) and histologic type (morphology) of the cancer and codes according to the International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICD-O), ICD-9, and other coding standards.
Accurately abstracts health information from the computerized and paper-based medical records into the oncology registry software maintaining no greater than a 6-month backlog for first time diagnosis to abstraction at all times.
Stages cancer records according to the American Joint Commission of Cancer TNM Staging System, as well as the SEER Summary Staging System, and collaborative staging system
Maintains the components of the cancer-related data collection system consistent with all regulatory and procedural policies.
Conducts the timely submission of oncology data to the Georgia and national oncology registries.
Maintains a 90% successful follow-up rate in accordance with American College of Surgeons accreditation standards.
Participates in other Cancer Registry functions, as assigned.
Education- High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred. Documented Healthcare or Technical/Specialized Coding Education Required. RHIT credential preferred
Experience- A minimum of 1 years experience in a hospital or health-care facility where the primary function of the position was in the field of cancer registry abstracting records.
Licensure- Current Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Certification
Thorough knowledge and understanding of the guidelines for cancer abstracting as set forth by the American College of Surgeons, the American Joint Committee on Cancer and the SEER Summary Staging Manual, SEER Multiple Primary and Histology Rules, and NAACCR Standards.. Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, the International
Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICD-0) codes, and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD9-CM) codes. Ability to read, understand and apply the appropriate guidelines for cancer abstracting; ability to accurately abstract and stage information from the various components of patient medical records; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
____ Infants 1 day to 3 years ____ Children 3 to 12 years __√__ Adolescents 12 to 15 years √__ Adults of 16 to 70 years _√__ Elderly Adults, including frail elderly, > 70 years ____ Not applicable to job function.
Title Abstractor - Pennsylvania / New Jersey
Liberty Bell Agency is currently adding a few new positions for recent college graduates or experienced Title Abstractors to begin a career with us as a title abstracting professional.
As a staff abstractor you will be working both from home and traveling to various county seats to search county courthouse records with deliberate time constraints. Monthly travel to the corporate office will likely be required for scheduled training and continuing education events. To be successful in a remote working environment, we would expect you to be both confident and self-disciplined. These positions require a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, and long hours may be required depending upon volume. Outstanding skills in proofreading and typing or keyboarding will be needed to fully excel in this job opportunity.
Successful candidates for these positions will train in our Philadelphia Office for several weeks before being assigned to cover a specific geographic territory. These positions may require you to relocate if your assigned territory is not near your current residence. This opportunity could place you anywhere in either Pennsylvania or New Jersey.
- Travel to county courthouses as may be needed to complete orders
- Accurately search public records and obtain required documents
- Prepare typewritten abstractor reports as required per customer
- Proofread and validate compliance with customer information and documentation requirements
- Deliver search products with appropriate invoicing using customer portals
- Occasional travel and overnight/weekend assignments may be required
- Must have own car or transportation; licensed and insured to drive
- Able to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Unpretentious about handling occasional menial assignments
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a demanding team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office 365, including OneNote, Word, & Outlook.
- Extremely organized and reliable
- Honest, dependable, and able to safeguard sensitive information.
- Previous experience in title searching or other related fields is a plus
Title Abstractor - Title Insurance Examiner
We are looking for an Experienced Title Examiner to join the team of a busy Title Insurance office in Marlton. Must have experience working for a Title Insurance Company.
This is a great opportunity to launch your career with a growing, well respected company!
- Performs title curative functions for simple curative issues including: obtaining HOA and Tax statements, searching public records for releases and foreclosure deeds.
- Performs complex curative functions including obtaining releases for prior liens, reviewing foreclosure documents, obtaining payoff statements, reviewing vesting issues and knowledge of the mobile home conversion process.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken to resolve title curative discrepancies within established deadlines.
- Work in multiple systems and insert all applicable data into the various databases.
- Ability to determine issues that should be escalated.
- Adhere to any changes made to the flow process as implemented based on the internal and/or Client's request.
- Exemplify the company culture, mission and vision on a daily basis by actively participating in company values and standards.
- Participates in team meetings to gain knowledge of business updates, operational issues and Servicer needs.
- Share best practices and contribute to the team environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in national title curative resolution
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic understanding of risks and liabilities of title
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, internet applications and/or company specific databases
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced, results oriented environment within established department set guidelines
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision while meeting department performance measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and carryout oral, written directions or policy/procedure formats
- Must be flexible and have a positive attitude as well as the ability to work under pressure.
It's corny, but we call ourselves, "The eHarmony of the staffing world." We're committed to pairing highly qualified employees in the real estate, title, escrow and hospitality industries with the most eligible clients. Apply now, and we'll send cupid out on your behalf!
REFER A FRIEND = GET $50
You get $50 and your friend gets a lifetime opportunity... What could be better? We will gladly send you $50 if someone you share our information with is hired and works at least 4 weeks for a direct-hire position.
Thank you for spreading the word!
Coding Specialist Abstractor - HIM - FT - Days
Munroe Regional Medical Center is your community healthcare provider: a 421-bed facility that offers inpatient, outpatient, medical, surgical and emergency care. Munroe Regional Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission and features a certified Chest Pain Center with specific accreditations for atrial fibrillation and heart failure. We are continually growing to offer the latest in technology and services.
Munroe Regional Medical Center is committed to high quality service and operational excellence while delivering exceptional care to our family, our community. Our commitment to excellence does not stop with our patients. We offer team members the most rewarding careers, comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and, the opportunity to make a difference in the care we offer each of our patients.
The Primary responsibility of the Coding Specialist Abstractor is the charging and coding of procedures.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. AA Degree in HIM preferred
- Minimum 3 years medical office experience or HIM Office experience required. Prefer proficiency with CPT coding and two years coding experience in an acute care hospital environment or clinic.
- AHIMA Certification or HIM Certification preferred
Residential Title Abstractor
This position involves traveling to the York County, SC courthouse to perform title searches that cover property ownership, encumbrances, taxes and other matters affecting title. Experienced applicants must have prior experience working in the courthouse and be able to operate independently. When volumes dictate, this position will also assist searching other counties online to supplement courthouse work.
Georgia Title Abstractor
Founded in 2010, Peak Title & Abstract, LLC is a multi-state provider of the full range of title products. Since its inception, Peak Title has provided title abstracts, title examinations, title insurance and related services for banks, mortgage lenders, title underwriters, investment companies and law firms. Our clients rely on Peak based on our quality of work, quick turnaround times, responsiveness, knowledge, and technology solutions tailored to individual client needs. Our highest priorities are quality and excellent customer service.
The person in this position will work with other members of the Examination Team to process client title orders. He/She will also provide assistance to our Examiners by running title searches of the public records to formulate a search package for examination. We must have someone who is dependable and deadline driven, as there are work queues that must be cleared on a daily and sometimes hourly basis.
Our ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of Title Abstracting and Pre-Examination. We also must have someone who is responsible and has strong work ethic.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Search GSCCCA and Tax Sites for Property Information appurtenant to the preparation of a title search.
- Has a working knowledge of legal descriptions with a willingness to learn in-depth mapping.
- Analyzes searches and compiles necessary title documents with bookmarking into a combined PDF.
- Provides a pre-examination of the title documents prior to title examination.
- Enters abstracted title information into the company’s proprietary database.
- Responsible for handling sensitive information in compliance with company guidelines.
- Interacts with Examiners, Clients and others to resolve issues.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required
- Prior experience in the title and mortgage default industries
- Background with information technology a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be comfortable with learning different software applications
- Basic knowledge of mapping legal descriptions preferred
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe, Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Overall positive attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
Peak Title and Abstract, LLC is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.