Account Manager Job Description Sample
Location: 7626 Jones Branch Dr. Mclean, VA, 22102
About the Job: The Account Manager will support Mission Services Program Management office(PMO) with general account management, deliverables, client meetings as needed, and health of the assigned programs of Mission Services. The Account Manager will focus primary on Missions IT services Programs to include, The Department of Defense, Air Force, and Army customers.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and an In-depth understanding of the federal space and program management duties, to include, report writing, deliverables, client meetings, transition in phases, subcontractor management
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent experience is preferred
Mission Services Inc. (MSI) is an equal opportunity employer, our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Concept in Medina, Ohio is looking for an enthusiastic, self motivated and hard-working person to join our team as an Account Manager.
Concept is a Lead Generation and Management company. We work directly with our clients to provide them with an integrated solution for managing the beginning of the sales process. The Account Manager is responsible for managing the relationship between Concept Services, Ltd. and the Accounts assigned to them. The Account Manager’s primary responsibility is the retention of customers and to provide the highest level of service and results possible to our clients.
The Account Manager is responsible for:
- Operating as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your clients as well as act as the liaison between customers assigned to them and internal teams.
- Develop trusted advisory relationships with all Accounts assigned to them including; customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships by ensuring a quality customer experience for all Accounts under management.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Managing the Account to the KPIs determined by the Business Unit Director and Account Manager, establishing and managing to an accurate monthly quota based on project criteria and requirements.
- This includes the ongoing management/monitoring of Project Scorecards and Pacing Chart.
- Overseeing customer Account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements and expanding Concept Services, Ltd.’s opportunities and relationships within the Account’s organization. For Example: Cross-selling to other divisions and position additional services. The Account Manager must be proactive in presenting these ideas to the customer and driving the success of their Accounts.
- Coordinating proposals and pricing. They must work with the Business Unit Director before providing the information to the customer.
- Identifying needs and growth opportunities for Concept Services, Ltd.’s CRM, Marketing, and Production/Operation Divisions. Example:Lead Generation, Customer Satisfaction, Profiling, Inbound, Etc.
- Direct Management of Production Manager ensuring that the Production Manager is meeting the objectives outlined in the Production Manager’s job description.
- Providing quality reporting on a consistent basis to all customers. Reporting must show value to the customer and visibility into Concept Services Ltd.’s activities.
- Developing an effective process to obtain necessary project feedback and opportunity updates.
- Managing an appropriate amount of data to deliver consistent results to the customer. When necessary the Account Manager will be required to procure data on behalf of the customer.Following the processes for the Account set-up and ongoing maintenance, outlined by the Business Unit Director.Coordinating Kickoff Meeting with sales and facilitating a successful meeting.Organizing the Program Overview Meeting and the document to match Concept Services, Ltd.’s brand.Maintaining Pertinent Conversation, Account direction and project set-up information.
- 2+ years experience in management (preferred).
- 2+ Experience in Account Management and/or Account Sales (preferred).
- High-level of professionalism engaging with sales and marketing professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and networking abilities.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer- centric environment.
- Prior prospecting, business development, and/or sales experience.
- Ability to work in a commission-based environment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM (preferred).
- Strong PC skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or equivalent experience in related field (preferred).
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs.
- Short/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance.
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Eight paid Company Holidays.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!