Accountant Job Description Sample
Accountant / Cost Accountant
A well-known medical technology company is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their organization. This individual will prepare month-end reports, assist in budgeting and forecasting, be responsible for planning, collecting and analyzing data to help determine cost of business activity, participate in capital investment analysis, and reconciles general ledger accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone that is driven and eager to learn and advance.
- Analyzes financial reports and legal documents
- Assist in unit cost preparation, analysis, and reporting
- Assist in month- and year-end close, reconciliations, etc.
- Review operating expenses and prepare reports
- Analyze trends and assist in annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Maintain capital expenditures information
- Works with Engineering on programs and initiatives
- Support physical inventory and cycle count processes
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business or equivalent experience
- Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Local by design. Because PrincePerelson is headquartered in Utah, we know the unique culture and business needs of the state. We are the first choice for anyone looking to hire, relocate, or expand in Utah.
A long-term commitment. Our team has an average of 10 years experience with our company. This experience translates directly into a deep understanding of our clients objectives and a total commitment to their success.
Strategic partnerships. Throughout the process of finding or filling roles, we act as a strategic partner, offering constant communication and industry insight.
PrincePerelson is certified with the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is one of the largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. This standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses.
At PrincePerelson, we foster diversity in the workforce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy. We are proud to appear on Staffing Industry Analysts list of Largest Diversity Staffing Firms in the United States.
Tax Accountant Or Senior Tax Accountant
To do this job, the candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Handle multiple assignments
- Ability to complete engagements on time
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to use standard computer software applications
- Must posses professional communication, interpersonal, analytical some and research skills
- Ability to apply basic technical knowledge to engagements
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Prepare tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships and trusts.
- Research basic tax issues.
- Prepare journal entries and perform accounting functions necessary for the preparation of tax returns.
- Prepare projections and other analyses
- Interface with Accounting & Audit and other departments as necessary
The qualified candidate will have:
- 2 to 5 years of public accounting tax experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field) and CPA or CPA candidate designation
- A master’s degree in Tax (completed or in progress) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Tax a plus.
Construction - Project Accountant / Construction Accountant
Electrical Contractor in Northbrook IL is seeking an experienced Project Accountant in the construction industry to perform a variety of complex accounting tasks including all accounts receivable activities including AIA and time and material billing. This position works with the accounting team to support the day to day operations of the accounting department.
- Preparation of all AIA G702/703 Contract billings and all associated customer-specific paperwork including review and processing of change orders
- Preparation of time and material billings and all related activities.
- Assist with collection of Accounts Receivable invoices including preparation of monthly customer statements
- Coordinate and track all progress payments to ensure timely payments; process cash receipts and follow up on any payment discrepancies
- Maintain WIP (Work in Progress) Report and work with project managers to ensure timely and accurate billing for all projects and timely closing of projects upon completion
- Review of all contracts to ensure proper system set up for billing instructions and other issues as necessary
- Preparation of all waivers of lien and affidavits including the collection of any supplier waivers
- Preparation of ad hoc reporting for change order tracking, billing and other job cost analyses.
- Preparation of certified payroll reports
- Support for special projects within accounting department including payroll accounts payable and other projects as assigned.
- Assist in additional related tasks as assigned to support the day to day workflow of the accounting department
- Minimum of 5 years construction accounting experience specifically with AIA contract and time and material billing
- Construction administration experience with sufficient understanding of industry practices, terminology and procedures
- Experience with job cost accounting procedures and reporting
- Ability to interpret and understand contract terms and conditions
- Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment with very tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented and self-starter
Accountant - Staff Accountant
This position supports the Controller in the daily functions of the Finance and Accounting department for the Praesum Healthcare and all Affiliates.
BS in Accounting/Finance required.
A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in basic accounting preferably in the healthcare industry.
Individual must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
Basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS as pertains to annual health care financial audits.
Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Patient Confidentiality laws.
Knowledge of Drug-Free Workplace Policies.
Knowledge of Workplace Violence.
Advanced knowledge in excel
Prefer great plains accounting software.
1. Prepares financial statements in accordance with all applicable accounting policies.
2. Prepare and enter journal entries
3. Assists in balancing general ledger accounts by running reports, proof reading, preparing summaries, cost information or other reports for use in preparing financial statements.
4. Ensures all reports and information are accurate through the use of checks and balances.
5. Safeguards assets, (fixed assets, cash, accounts receivable) through effective methods, departmental policies and established controls.
6. Maintains a running knowledge of the company’s assets and debts.
7. Communicates potential problems to management personnel.
8. Bank reconciliation.
9. Attends in-service training and seminars and participates in other educational activities as required.
10. Prepare prepaid assets and accrued expense schedules
11. Maintain Fixed Asset schedules
12. Prepare daily cash report in excel
13. Reconcile intercompany general ledger accounts
14. Files and maintains clerical records as back up for transactions performed.
15. Ensures financial reporting deadlines are met in a timely fashion
16. Ensures patient confidentiality in compliance with 42CFR, Part 2 and Sunrise Detoxification Center’s privacy policies, procedures and practices as required by federal and state law in accordance with general principle of professionalism as a health care provider.
17. May access protected health information (PHI) and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete their assigned job functions and may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific patient information to complete their job functions/responsibilities.
18. Interacts with fellow team members in a respectful professional manner.
19. Other duties as required.
Staff Accountant / Senior Accountant
Join our team and get your career moving!
If you are a CPA with experience in a small to medium sized public accounting firm, want to work directly with clients and develop an in-depth understanding of their business to help them prosper, have an entrepreneurial spirit and partnership aspirations then we want to hear from you!
Your professional growth is as important to us as it is to you. Your career won’t get stalled because you are lost in the shuffle of a large firm, and you will have the opportunity to advance quickly because your work is recognized. We offer the depth of experience of a larger firm, the opportunity to work with an established and varied client base, and the flexibility and ownership potential of a smaller firm.
Come work with a great team in a hard working yet fun atmosphere in Lynnwood, WA! we have a position open for:
POSITION: Staff/Senior AccountantQUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors or Masters degree and current CPA license
Experience with QuickBooks
Ability to manage workload effectively and meet deadlines
Desire to develop new client relationships
Good problem solving skills
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please reply with a resume and cover letter. Cover letter MUST include salary requirements.
Senior Accountant / Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
Grow with Sullivan & Company, CPAs!
Bethesda CPA firm seeks entry level and experienced professional accountants for long term position working with individuals and small and medium sized businesses. Public accounting experience a plus! Family and employee friendly environment. Salary commensurate with experience + benefits, including paid overtime, health/dental/vision insurance, pension plan, paid parking, professional advancement and professional challenges. Experienced accountants interact directly with clients. The duties of these positions would include:
1. Provide outsourced accounting solutions to businesses of all sizes and industries with preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting and financial statements. Candidate should be familiar with and have a working knowledge of QuickBooks, Easy Accounting, or a comparable general ledger software system.
2. Preparation of year end Form 1120 corporation income tax return and other business returns
3. Tax planning for businesses and individuals
4. Providing business and tax advice to individuals and businesses
5. Preparation of payroll Forms 941, state unemployment, W-2s. Candidate should be familiar with payroll withholding and preparation of payroll forms.
6. Bank reconciliations -- Candidate should be familiar with QuickBooks bank reconciliation part of the program or similar software
7. Preparation of sales tax returns
See www.eSullivan.net for description of our company and our team.
Conveniently located at Bethesda Metro on the Red Line.
Staff Accountant / Tax Accountant
Staff Accountant / Tax Accountant
About the Job
Stein Rouff & Associates is a Farmington Hills based certified public accounting firm seeking an experienced bookkeeper and accounting associate with an accounting degree and at least two years public accounting experience. CPA firm experience is a must.
We have openings for staff level accountants to work in the areas of review, compilation, financial statement and work-paper preparation, tax planning, tax compliance work (Forms 1040, 1065, 1120 and payroll taxes) and management consulting. These positions involve significant client contact.
We utilize all Creative Solutions products, including UltraTax, Accounting CS, Microsoft Excel, Word and QuickBooks.
We offer excellent pay, benefits, a retirement program, and a pleasant working environment. Candidates should be searching for a career in public accounting, with potential for unlimited personal growth and compensation. As such, this is a full time permanent position with long-term client management opportunities.
Please submit your resume, salary requirements and daytime telephone by
· Two Years Public Accounting: 2 years
CPA Accountant - Senior Tax Accountant
$75K+ CPA to help run a small firm based in the Cary-Apex area. This is a really incredible opportunity to help grow this established firm and grow with the firm with ownership/partnership opportunities in the very near future. Established public accounting firm is looking for a full or part time Senior Tax & Accounting Associate. The ideal candidate MUST have a NC CPA license and 5+ years of corporate, partnership, and individual tax experience. Audit experience a plus. The position requires:
- Work full time while also working overtime from January 1 to April 15 and as needed throughout the year; comp time available after
- Experience with Creative Solutions Software, Quickbooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identification of opportunities for expanded services to existing clients including business development
- Development of outside relationships with a goal to foster long-term business development opportunities (through membership involvement with professional groups, community service and personal relationships)
- Perform other essential duties as needed An excellent benefits package is available.
Please forward your resume, letter of application and salary requirements for consideration. EOE
- Tax Accounting: 5+ years
- Public Accounting: 5+ years
- Accounting: 7+ years
Accountant / Revenue Accountant
Seeking a Revenue Accountant with 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience in Accounting. A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent in education and experience is preferred.
Responsibilities Include: Performing all operational revenue and audit functions in the proper accounting format, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting, financial analysis and the protection of all company assets, ensuring the proper accounting of revenue through general ledger reconciliation, including preparing journal entries and ensuring the accuracy of all data, and producing management reports on gaming, sales, and use tax returns, and all other requested or required statistical reporting. You must
Jr Accountant - Potential Contract To Hire
Reviews general ledger accounts and prepares and adjusts journal entries.
Performs account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts.
Maintains the general ledger chart of accounts.
Assists with initial internal control evaluations.
Posts monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
Working on team based projects
BA in Accounting or Finance
Minimum of 3 years of recent/relevant accounting experience.
Strong attention to detail
Strong communication skills -Lots of communication opportunities in previous career
Federal Screen Required.
Must be eligible to convert to FTE
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!