Accountant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant
News America Marketing, a subsidiary of News Corp [NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX:
NWS, NWSLV] is the premier marketing partner of some of the world's most well-known brands. From our iconic Sunday coupon insert, SmartSource Magazine®, to our innovative digital savings platforms like Checkout 51, News America Marketing's advertising and promotion programs are an integral part of America's shopping routine. We reach millions of consumers each day through our network of 1,950+ publications1, 55,880+ retail stores2, and mobile savings apps. Since 1988, we have delivered advertising and promotions that are proven to help brands succeed. 1NAM market list effective October 2016. 2Based on an aggregate of NAM cycle 1, 2017 Coupon Machine for all classes of trade with the exception of specialty stores that accept only Carts or
The Senior Accountant plays a critical role in the overall accounting operations of the company. Partnering closely with our Director of Accounting and Controller, this individual will be responsible for working as a team to effectively execute accounting operations. This is a great opportunity for someone highly interested in working cross-functionally in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting
Assist with month-end close
Maintain the general ledger and ensure proper reconciliation of all accounts
Ensure strict adherence to all compliance and regulatory filings
Approve month end closing entries and supporting documentation by junior staff
Work on balance sheet reconciliations
Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
Provide technical support and advice on management requests
Prepare financials statements
Carryout and implement internal controls
Review and enhance accounting processes and general ledger capabilities
Work closely with the Director of Accounting with Canada and US general ledger
consolidation as well as assist in the preparation of month end financials
Liaise with various departments to collaborate and manage companywide fixed costs
Assist in the preparation of quarterly forecasts as well as annual budgets.
Assist with the preparation of internal and external audit requests. Ad hoc projects as requested by upper management
Basic Qualifications Needed:
BS in Accounting or Finance
3+ years of general accounting experience
Proven expertise of GAAP
Process improvement driven
Demonstrated proficiency with Excel (e.g., VLOOKUP, SUMPRODUCT functions, pivot
Preferred: Knowledge of Oracle applications, Essbase
Preferred: Experience with budget and forecasting and/or Cost accounting
Post a Job
Pt/Ft Flex Virtual CPA Or EA Tax Accountant
If you are a talented and experienced CPA or EA looking for the ultimate in work/life balance this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Our unique business model allows you the ultimate in flexibility and income potential.
Some of our team work 100% from their home office while others are free to allocate their time between home and our corporate office in San Diego.
We don’t believe our team should be “killing themselves” by working ungodly hours during tax season.
Our focus is in building strong relationships with our clients and becoming their goto accounting/tax expert so we can serve our clients in a greater capacity, ensuring their success and at the same time keeping the workload manageable.
We are open to both PT and FT availability. If PT we would require a min of 20 hours a week and the ability to check-in daily by addressing and urgent emails or voicemails.
You should be personable, hardworking and someone who can communicate clearly and effectively with clients and team members.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years working in public accounting and have strong attention to detail.
You should have at least 5 completed tax seasons preparing signature ready individual and business tax returns.
Accounting, bookkeeping, and prior QuickBooks experience required.
Duties include tax planning, tax preparation, client advisory, some bookkeeping and review of financial statements.
Potential to grow into management positions within our firm.
We Are Searching For Disciplined and Friendly Individuals Who Possess:
- Helpful Attitude
- Detail-Oriented Attention
- Great Communication Skills
We pride ourselves in thinking differently than the traditional "Old school" accounting firm. We are growth oriented, open to new ideas, technology focused and excel at providing outstanding service to our clients and community. Our core values are centered around: openness, learning, self-improvement, innovation, being non-judgmental and creating a friendly and caring environment. We help our team achieve a flexible work/life balance by utilizing cutting edge technology that allows our team to be location independent when needed.
We seek to build a core team of talented individuals to help grow our company to the next level: making Profitwise Accounting one of the top small business accounting firms in San Diego. If you have both people skills and technical knowledge and want to contribute those skills to a successful, growing company, contact Profitwise NOW!
- Competitive Salary/Incentive Package
- Flexible and relaxed small team work environment
- Consistent Annual Growth / 10+ Years in Business
- Management Opportunities & Ongoing Training
Post a Job
Accounts Payable Accountant (Part-Time Position)
Pernix Group is a leading construction company, offering diversified general contracting, design/build, construction management, preconstruction consulting, EPC, and O&M services to private clients and public agencies. We have provided construction services since 1995 and have established a strong reputation within the Government, Commercial & Industrial, and Power markets by executing complex projects on-time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
In this supporting role, the Accounts Payable Accountant will report to the Accounting Supervisor and will have the following responsibilities:
- Use practical applications found in accounting standards and procedures for routing and completing transactions
- Resolve discrepancies on invoices or reports by interfacing with other project teams, vendors/contractors, and clients
- Prepare special reports and completing other projects as directed to improve function and customer service
- Issuing of client requisitions in accordance with contract and inclusive of all billable company, trade subcontractor and sub consultant costs
- Apply client funds received by preparing accounts payable to trades, subs, accounts receivable reconciliation with the associated re-billing of client deductions and adjustments to billable cost
- Process payments to trades and subs in a timely manner
- Administration and control of General Conditions costs
- Ensure that every trade or subcontractor is in compliance with the terms and conditions of contract documents
- Interface with project staff in dealing with billing issues and profit recognition
- Support Accounting Supervisor by completing higher level tasks to improve processes
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or equivalent preferred by not required
- 5-8 years accounting experience in construction or similar industry
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in current corporate software packages, as well as standard office equipment
- Solid understanding of general accounting, accounts payable and procurement principles required
- Accounting and accounts payable construction industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to deal with high demands
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- Time management skills
- Prior AP experience preferred
- Viewpoint Construction Software experience preferred
Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible to receive a DOD Government Clearance (ability to pass criminal background and credit check)
Post a Job
Account Executive/Senior Account Executive (Big Game Hunter) - Must Have Technology/Digital Agency Solutions
My Client is a customer experience agency with technology at its core. Serving Fortune 1,000 companies. Including but not limited to web, mobile and social to IoT, eCommerce and cloud.
With a client base of more than 250 companies, my client was named to Forbes’ list of America's Most Promising Companies and Crain's 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Chicago.
They are currently seeking an Account Executive or Senior Account Executive to grow a territory based in Denver and covering the surrounding states (open to candidates outside of Denver that live in major metropolitan areas such as SLC, PHX, Seattle, SF, LA, etc. that are comfortable flying into Denver on a regular basis)
The Account Executive is responsible for:
1) identifying, pursuing and closing deals for our suite of technology consulting services practices (i.e., Application Development, SharePoint, CMS, BI, CRM/Salesforce, Cloud and Infrastructure, and Managed Services.
2) Hunting for new accounts by leveraging established relationships, while also expanding upon relationships through networking, speaking engagements, alliances and organization involvement.
3) This person must have a sound understanding of the business issues that C-level executives face and how our services can help solve those business issues. Once established, the Account Executive will work to maintain relationships on an ongoing basis.
4) This role would be selling into the C Level selling mostly to mid-market and enterprise. Average deals around $100-$500k, bigger deals are in the $1-1.5 million range. Selling into all industries/verticals.
- 5+ years of sales in the consulting/professional services space
- 4 Year college degree or higher
- Familiarity with Microsoft Technologies (e.g., content management, SharePoint, Sitecore, EpiServer, Kentico, Azure, O365, or other Microsoft Development Platforms)
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com Technologies (i.e., SFDC, Sales/Service/Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Platform, Communities, Force.com, and Site.com)
- Demonstrated success of prospecting and closing sizable deals (i.e., $250K+)
- Coming from digital Agencies’ and “technology/IT consulting” firms
- Strongly prefer someone who has sold Microsoft solutions/services
Job hopping. Need to have experience at a similar professional services company (Technology consulting/digital agency) and really want someone who has sold Microsoft solutions/services. Must be a hunter
Base salary is $75-$125k DOE. Commission plans are based on experience and total goal. Goal target is typically around $1.5-$2 million, and commissions depending on achievement level should be another $75-$125k at plan, for total comp package ranging from $150-$250k if you are performing well.
Benefits and Perks
PTO + paid holidays
Casual dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
Flexible work schedule
Great health coverage
Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
Life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability
Flexible spending (dependent & healthcare)
Transportation & parking pre-tax Benefits
401k with company matching
Weekly Peapod snack/drink delivery to keep our energy up
Regular happy hours and social events including: game nights, basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
Volunteering opportunities with the Compassion Club
Catered lunches every other Friday
Open office environment
Continuous training, certifications, and learning opportunities Post a Job
Newport Beach, CAMobilitie is the largest privately held wireless infrastructure company in the United States. Connectivity is a vital component of daily life, and Mobilitie works with wireless carriers and venues to ensure our customers are better connected. Mobilitie is a leader in the wireless industry, and has been rated one of the largest and fastest growing private companies by the Orange County Business Journal. Mobilitie owns and operates cell towers, DAS, small cell, fiber networks, and Wi-Fi systems and advises carriers on network operations, performance and improvement opportunities. As a global provider of complete wireless solutions, we design, build and operate networks and infrastructure to deliver optimal coverage in the most demanding and challenging of environments.Rated as one of the Top 100 Technology Providers by Broadband Communities, Mobilitie is on the forefront of mobile technology and growing rapidly. At Mobilitie you will have the opportunity for a rewarding career in telecommunications, focusing on solutions that deliver the coverage needed in today's world and that anticipate the needs of tomorrow. We are currently seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Mobilitie team and the largest network deployment initiative in the US.Mobilitie is currently seeking a
to join our Team in Newport Beach. The Senior Accountant is responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting managerial reports and financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and customary business terms and practices
Perform monthly general ledger closing activities, including the preparation of financial statements, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and P&L review
Adheres to established policies and procedures; contributes strategic planning and review recommendations; implements productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolves problems; identifies process improvement opportunities
Works with A/P and A/R personnel to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial statement information
Assist in annual budgeting and auditing process
Perform monthly bank reconciliations
Participate in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
The ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Assist with other projects and responsibilities as needed
Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) in Accounting/Finance, Business or EconomicsExcellent computer skills, problem resolution and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
Extensive experience amount MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook is required.Prior experience with JD Edwards Accounting software preferred
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formCPA/Public Accounting experience a plus
Corporate Accounting experience a plus
Mobilitie offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and fast paced organization. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of telecommunications real estate, please submit an application at Mobilitie's Careers page!The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Mobilitie is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
Visit our website at www.mobilitie.com!
Post a Job
Shutterfly is recruiting for a Staff Accountant to join our team as we continue to grow and scale our business. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to make an immediate impact and enjoys working in a fast, dynamic environment.
Our vision is to make the world a better place by helping people share life’s joy, and our employees embody this vision in everything they do.
As our Staff Accountant for the revenue team, you will be responsible for recording and maintaining timely and accurate financial information for our consumer brands. This role is best suited for an ambitious change-agent, who likes to find ways to scale and improve.
This role will be based in our Tempe, AZ facility.
Facilitate monthly close process, prepare revenue and receivables journals, and complete related account reconciliations.
Partner with IT, Marketing, FP&A, and Manufacturing/Warehouse teams to ensure data and reporting optimization.
Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to influence business decisions and support budget and forecast processes.
Work with external business partners to maintain strong and seamless relationships.
Support ERP and date warehouse enhancement projects from start to completion.
Work closely with our Internal Audit team to test and maintain SOX compliance with internal controls.
Work closely with external auditors to complete quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
Participate in special projects and tasks as assigned.
BA/BS in Accounting required
1-2 years of Accounting experience
Broad understanding of GAAP
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as analytical and problem solving skills
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
Able to adapt to changing priorities/duties
Strong follow through skills to ensure issues are resolved timely
Highly proficient in MS Excel
Public Accounting experience a plus
Experience with Oracle ERP a plus
Post a Job
Accountant - Manufacturing And Distribution Sales
General Filters is a family-owned manufacturer of Whole House Residential Indoor Air Quality Products and Oil Filters. Located in Novi, MI and founded in 1937, the Company brings three generations worth of experience implementing systems designed to deliver premium products, providing great customer service, and maintain a sustainable company.
General Filters is proud of its open and inclusive work environment, and is looking for an accountant with a diverse background to bring fresh ideas and innovation to the company. In addition to a solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures, the Accountant will leverage his or her ability to communicate effectively and analyze data in a way that is meaningful to the business.
General Filters is searching for a Senior Accountant to join its team. Reporting to the President and CEO, the accountant will be responsible for everything from the day-to-day accounting tasks, to payroll and assisting with benefits. The job duties for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Prepare all Financial Reporting requirements package at month-end, quarter-end and year-end close
- Complete Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Process payroll via a third-party processor (Paylocity)
- Handle Accounts Receivable, credit application review, and collections
- Oversee Accounts Payables, vendor compliance, 1099’s
- Assist in employee benefits, open enrollment for health plan and 401k administration, vacation, sick and other time-off tracking; attendance records
- Travel to the Company’s second location in Toronto, Canada (overnight travel will not exceed 10%) and maintain a valid passport.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- 5-6 years of accounting or related experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and system experience.
- Experience in the design and implementation of accounting systems and applications
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, and organized.
This is a full-time, permanent position, with a competitive salary structure based on skills and experience. In addition, the Company offers an annual bonus plan, Medical, a 401K and Profit Sharing Plan, Life Insurance, ongoing career development, and the opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of the Company.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone interview, two in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test. The process is designed to make sure that General Filters and the candidates are aligned in their long-term goals, have shared core values, and who are an overall good fit for the position.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Post a Job
Senior International Tax Accountant
Position: Sr. International Tax Accountant
Our client is a publicly traded multinational company with a presence in over 20 countries.
This position will work closely with the International Tax Manager & Sr. International Tax Manager on a wide variety of international tax issues including: Preparation and review of the US Tax Compliance 5471's, 8858, 1118's, Subpart F, Quantitative analysis for tax planning, E&P and assist with global ASC 740.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or MST Preferred
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2-4 years experience working on US International tax issues in either big four or large corporate tax environment
The Project Accountant is a key business role for maintaining a successful, growing, and profitable office. The Project Accountant will be the financial liaison between the Design Studio and corporate accounting. It requires a savvy business acumen, comfort with financial information including budgets, costs, and revenue, and able to translate financial terms to non-financial personnel. The candidate is expected to develop a strong relationship with project managers, principals, and studio leader to help reach financial goals on projects.
▪ Review contract documents for financial details to assist Projects Managers in project setup
▪ Setup projects in ERP system and ensure complete documentation
▪ Assist project managers in staffing the projects
▪ Oversee project planning and determine corrective action
▪ Oversee collections for key clients, and maintain relationships with business liaisons at those client offices.
▪ Optimize project profitability by informing project manager of planned outcomes
▪ Report on project performance monthly to corporate
▪ Prepare project invoices (billing to clients) and work on deadlines for Revenue cycle
▪ Liaise with architectural studio staff to improve studio understanding of financial terminology and outcomes
▪ Attend and lead aspects of office financial meetings
▪ Prepare pay requisition forms
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
▪ Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience in accounting/finance department in Architectural, Engineering or Professional service firm preferred.
▪ Deltek Vision experience is preferred
▪ Familiarity with excel (V-lookups, pivot tables)
▪ oversee collections for key clients, and maintain relationships with business liaisons at those client offices
▪ Understand financial and industry lingo quickly, and become an office wide resource/trainer for the ERP system (Deltek Vision), project planning and financial topics.
▪ Comfortable with variety of personalities, and in speaking with groups of people at all levels.
▪ Professional, polished, and have an interest in the business side of a large and growing architecture/ design firm.
A successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and computer skills to analyze accounts, transactions, and financial reports. The ideal candidate will also have experience collaborating with other accounting personnel and management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconcile month-end account balances including cash, accounts receivable, inventory, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, debt, and other assets & liabilities
- Make appropriate accounting entries and journal entries
- Analyze financial information and prepare ad hoc financial analysis and reports
- Improve design of spreadsheets to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency in accounting procedures and operations
- Oversee the work of staff accounting personnel
- Provide supporting documentation and assistance to independent auditors
- Assist in providing information to outside auditors and tax accountants
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Perform additional related duties as needed
- A minimum of three years' experience as a general ledger or senior accountant.
- Previous Experience Restructuring, Training, and Hiring of a New Accounting Department
- Extensive imp mentation of New Accounting Standards and Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems/accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ability to reconcile bank statements and various general ledger accounts and to make corresponding journal entries
- Ability to provide appropriate documentation in support of general ledger balances
- Ability to provide supporting documentation to external auditors
- BS degree in Accounting is preferred
- Great Plains Experience a HUGE Plus