Accountant Job Description Sample
Revolutionary yesterday, stylish today, a fashion icon forever! Vilebrequin naturally found its place in the world of luxury where it has become the ultimate reference in men’s swimwear. Throughout its exceptional history, the brand has remained true to its original spirit and values, combining freedom and elegance. Saint-Tropez forever… Today this spirit is exported around the world, from New York to Beverly Hills, from Paris to Saint-Barthélemy, from Porto Cervo to Rome. It symbolizes the values shared by elegant and demanding men, men who wish to combine casual elegance with humor, originality with impeccable taste and quality. They are naturally at home in this colorful world, reminiscent of fine sandy beaches, sunsets and dreams.
We are seeking a hands-on Accountant to join our Finance Department. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and organized, and has the proven ability to adapt well in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial and diverse team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will have significant responsibility for managing several key business processes, including key month-end close activities.
- Help maintain accurate financial records and accounting
- Accounts payable : which includes entering invoices and expense reports, preparing payments while
- obtaining invoice approval from department leads and reconcile the accounts
- Monthly review of Accounts payable, analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Accounts receivable: which include invoicing and collecting unpaid receivables, bank deposit & booking of
- incoming payment
- Assist in the monthly closing process and year-end by performing assigned close journal entries,
- reconciliations, booking of accruals and prepaid entries
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure accuracy
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliation, prepare wire transfers & follow up with charge backs
- Responsible for Capex transactions
- Help to prepare all intercompany transactions an reports
- Assist the Director of Finance with all internal control policies
- Maintain highest confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Assist the director of finance with monthly sales tax return and preparation of 1099 returns
- Provide tax and audit support to external auditors/agencies
- Support finance department in all projects
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Proven track record and experience in accounting
- MS Excel, Word, Outlook proficiency - with advanced skills in Excel (pivot, vlookup, macros)
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Outstanding organization skills, strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks/projects, juggle deadlines, and diligence in finishing tasks with
- minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external
- agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- French language skills a plus
- Preparing and entering journal entries as well as reconcile the respective general ledger accounts
- Recording transactions in foreign currencies and calculating exchange gain/loss
- Ability to perform advanced financial and variance analysis in order to respond to management questions during month end close
- Calculate and record accruals/prepayments
- Respond to international information and reporting from our offices worldwide.
- Create detailed spreadsheets to convey financial information, write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Assist with month-end close tasks
- CPA license a plus.
- PC experience in a Microsoft Windows environment with an advanced knowledge of Excel and
- Ability to set and track goals.
- Must be ethical.
- Detailed and thorough in work habits with multi tasking ability.
- Ability and desire to follow precise instructions.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Exhibits strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and teaching skills.
- Ability and/or experience to read, analyze and interpret government rules and regulations, technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability and/or experience to write reports, business correspondence, articles and presentations.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and telephone etiquette. Able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Available to work early, late, and weekends when needed to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
Duties will include:
- Interacting with key accounting and finance stakeholders
- Assist in building Regulatory reporting program approach, processes, methodologies, tools and documentation
- Performing extensive analysis of current reporting practices and making recommendations on areas of process improvement, data ownership, documentary standards and training
- Serve as subject matter expert for Risk Weighted Assets and the calculation of Regulatory Capital as it applies to Wells Fargo Home Lending
- Accumulate and review reporting errors and issues to assess the impact on affected Regulatory reports
- Assist in Regulatory external, internal and Quality Assurance audits
This position may also assist in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial statements and other documentation analysis of financial results maintaining adherence to internal and external accounting principles and policies maintaining and monitoring controls to ensure accuracy of data maintaining knowledge of current accounting practices and regulatory requirements response and resolution to audit inquiries reporting consolidation of loan portfolios within CLG.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with different stakeholders, and achieving results.
-6+ years accounting experience.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively across layers of leadership and team members
- Ability to work independently on a variety of reporting issues and guidance
- BA/BS in accounting or finance with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Combined accounting/public accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines timely and accurately
- Strong PC skills (Excel).
- Mortgage banking experience
- Strong knowledge of Regulatory and /or SEC reporting - CPA or MBA"
Position responsibilities also include ensuring a strong governance process within the stress testing oversight function, and developing and implementing company-wide stress test policy compliance monitoring tools and reports. This position will take a key role in fostering enhancements to internal controls related to complex, stressed projection processes by collaborating with the financial oversight function to develop company guidelines and disseminate best practices. Position requires a strong understanding of regulations guiding capital adequacy processes as this position will act as subject matter expert on integration of regulatory requirement into policies, procedures, and processes. Position will liaise with lines of business stress testing process owners, corporate risk oversight teams, compliance, internal audit, and regulators to address questions and issues relative to governance and oversight of capital stress testing.
In addition, position responsibilities will include high involvement in annual capital plan development and execution of Dodd-Frank Act stress testing including governance over related disclosures.
- 7+ years accounting experience
-5+ years demonstrated career progression in large banking organization (controllership, risk management, capital, internal or external audit)
-Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
-Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization
-Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail
-Ability to build and maintain relationships within team and across the organization
- Bachelor s or advanced degree in finance or accounting
-Strong knowledge of COSO framework
-Financial services related experience in capital or risk management
-Strong understanding of Basel II/III framework for capital management
-Previous experience reading, interpreting and communicating regulations or other technical documents
-Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with executive management Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills"
Salary: $25- $30 hourly
Location: San Diego, CA
A world-class leader in designing and building manufacturing aerospace structure is seeking an Accountant to join their team. In this role, you will manage revenue recognition, have a strong understanding of G/L, and be experienced in government contracting. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and/or maintaining one or more general accounting system, along with preparing journal entries, maintaining and reconciling ledger accounts. Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balances books periodically and prepares financial statements.
As a Government Accountant you will ensure that various accounting transactions are in compliance with US GAAP and applicable company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/related field
- 4+ years of related work experience
- Experience working in the defense industry
- Understanding of government cost accounting compliance (FAR, CAS, etc.)
- Strong Excel skills
- SAP, Oracle, or similar ERP experience
The Accountant will be a key member of the team servicing system affiliates. Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accountant is responsible for the preparation of journal entries, analyses, financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers. The Accountant will ensure all assets and liabilities are reconciled in conjunction with each month end closure. This includes reconciling bank account, completing cash-flow statements, assisting with yearly budget and audit, and completing annual tax returns. They must be able to perform a variety of duties ranging from direct involvement in various analyses, to coordination of accounting procedures within the various system organizations.
- Associates degree with a concentration in Accounting or Business Management with at least three (3) years of accounting experience OR a Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting or Business Management required.
Other Skills Required:
Must possess technical and professional accounting skills including an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and FASB pronouncements related to capital accounting activity
Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse people, excellent human relation skills.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Ability to prepare written summaries and/or analyses subject to review by the Accounting Manager. Flexible and able to react to ever changing priorities.
Familiarity with computer capabilities and procedures, including computerized accounting systems, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products. Proficient with Excel.
Committed to the position and the organization- willing to put in the time necessary to meet the needs of customers.
Must be able to work at a computer for the majority of the work day.
Release Date: November 19, 2018 Application Deadline: December 3, 2018
Current benefited staff of SMCPS who submit a timely application and meet the minimum qualifications for the position shall be granted an interview and shall be considered to fill the vacancy prior to external applicants being considered. Questions regarding your application and/or candidacy should be directed to the Department of Human Resources.
Salary: The salary for this EXEMPT position will be based on EASMC-ESP salary schedule for
twelve-month seven hour employees – Range 31 ($57,642 - $87,203)
Location: Department of Fiscal Services
Qualified applicants, including current employees of St. Mary's County Public Schools, must complete a TalentEd online application. In addition to the online application, any support documentation (copy of certification where applicable) must be scanned and uploaded to the TalentEd application. The online application and any support documentation must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications, including information about the applicant's background, experience, and professional qualifications. Failure to submit all required documentation will result in your application being considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee for review. All online applications must be completed no later than December 3, 2018. Following a screening of credentials, interviews will be scheduled.
NATURE OF WORK:
The Accountant will work with other SMCPS accountants and share in the responsibilities for numerous accounting functions of the school system. These areas include but are not limited to: local and state capital construction projects, internal fiscal compliance, school activity funds, inventory and fixed assets, grant accounting, and bank reconciliations, for St. Mary's County Public Schools (SMCPS). The employee is responsible for all financial transactions of these matters to include journal entries, forecasting, invoicing, expenditure approval, and budgetary adjustments as well as reporting the results thereof. This person must have the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, to community members, site administrators, and state and local agencies. This position will be responsible for training school-based staff in regards to these areas.
Must have a clean driving record and be able to travel between central administration and various school and office sites;
Conducts on-site reviews of fiscal operations in schools and offices for compliance with policies, regulations, and laws;
Communicates findings/results of reviews, including written reports;
Provides monthly accounting of income and expenditures for capital construction programs and grant programs;
Provides training to internal staff in accrual basis accounting, internal fiscal controls, and financial report preparation and interpretation;
Maintains and updates School Activity Fund financial accounting and reporting procedures manual;
Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for assigned responsibilities;
Prepares Federal and State grant financial reports as required by the respective grant awards;
Allocates and prorates indirect charges and fringe benefits to Federal, State, and Local programs;
Provides monthly accounting of income and expenditures for restricted programs;
Performs monthly bank reconciliations for payroll and general disbursements accounts;
Complies with financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management of needed actions;
Considerable knowledge of state and local guidelines for the accounting of construction programs;
Implements fixed asset inventory and reporting procedures, including physical inventories and updating records;
Depreciates fixed assets and prepare disposal reports for surplus equipment;
Conducts annual physical inventory inspection and assist with all required year end reporting;
Excellent time management skills and ability to take initiatives and make decisions within assigned area of responsibility;
Proficiency in the use of technology for individual management, communication, and research;
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, representatives of county, the general public, federal and state agencies;
Assists with updating SMCPS Policy and Regulations in the area of fiscal services; and
Willingness to work beyond the normal duty day to meet deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages the fiscal elements supporting facility usage activities;
Reconciles capital construction accounts, and other financial records;
Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
Provides fiscal guidance to assist grant administrators in the preparation and execution of restricted funds;
Acquires and maintains considerable knowledge of federal and state guidelines for restricted and construction projects;
Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents;
Represents the school district at professional meetings and conferences as required as well as maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
Acts as a help desk for questions regarding school activity financial procedures;
Reviews and improves financial procedures for capital construction programs;
Examines and analyzes financial documents and accounts;
Maintains ledgers, journals, and/or other accounting documents and records for grants and capital construction programs;
Monitors purchase order status for fixed assets;
Reviews and improves financial procedures for fixed asset programs;
Monitors and analyzes expenditures made by others to ensure compliance with requirements and deadlines;
Prepares invoices for reimbursement of construction expenditures;
Monitors outstanding and stale dated checks;
Works closely and cooperatively with independent auditors, program auditors, Federal auditors, and Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) auditors;
Maintains financial security by following internal controls;
Maintains records required by policy, regulation, law or good practice;
Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations;
Keeps the supervisor informed of activities performed and problems requiring action; and
Performs backup duties for other fiscal office staff and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required with a major or concentration in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field;
Eight years of professional experience budgeting, accounting, or related practical field required, with two or more years of experience in governmental accounting preferred;
Knowledge of GAAP and modified accrual basis accounting;
Experience with complex bank reconciliations preferred;
Progressively responsible experience with duties relating to general accounting, auditing, budgeting, and/or financial analysis; and
Prior experience with internal or external auditing preferred.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-time twelve-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this EXEMPT position will be based on EASMC-ESP salary schedule for twelve-month seven hour employees – Range 31.
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC-ESP
The Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, re-advertise and/or withdraw the positions.
The St. Mary's County Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation, religion, or disability in matters affecting employment or providing access to programs.
The Accountant will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of financial transactions. They will ensure that POET's policies and procedures are followed. They will also help the Accounting team on other duties as assigned.
The Accountant will be assigned to an Area of Excellence focused on either Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable based on accounting and staffing needs. Additionally, they will assist with Grains Accounting and Contract Administration, and coverage of administrative duties. This position will report to the Controller at the assigned bioprocessing facility, and take direction from an Areas of Excellence Controller at another bioprocessing facility.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
A minimum of a two-year accounting degree required
A minimum of two years of accounting experience required, four years preferred
Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, and the ability to work with accuracy and detail are requirements
Knowledge of DBC Smartsoft Agribusiness software, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software, or IBM Maximo asset management software a plus
Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt to change
To review a complete job description click here.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
Performs monthly, quarterly, and year end manual payroll and benefit related GL entries and checks of automated processes; performs monthly and quarterly reconciliations for payroll and benefit GL accounts; responds to questions from regional accountants related to payroll and benefits.
Perform payroll and benefit related monthly and quarterly journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of NRG Energy payroll company
Ensure benefit accruals are properly recorded monthly and adjusted upon payout, generally annually.
Assist with correspondonce to questions from regional accountants and during budget-to-actual analysis while liasing with payroll department
Assist with quarterly analytical review of payroll and benefits which may include bonus, vacation, equity compensation, pension, post retirement, medical, 401k
Gain an in-depth understanding of the payroll costing structure of NRG's various operating plants and lines of business including payroll and burden cost centers
Coordinate monthly and quarterly deliverables with various HR groups across NRG
Work closely with payroll department as it relates to bi-weekly payroll processing, off cycle payroll processing, and month end payroll accrual and its related impact to the GL clearing accounts for three payroll companies
Assist with payroll related upgrades and implementations whether to SAP payroll or related benefit accrual programs
Adhere to all Sarbanes Oxley and controls requirements
Assist with special projects as requested.
Some travel to Houston, TX required.
Bachelor's degree with in accounting with two to four years of experience in general accounting and payroll related experience
Familiar with payroll processing, particularly in-house
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with SAP and HFM/Hyperion or similar ERP system preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Good working knowledge of GAAP.
Proven attention to detail; demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member; ability to set priorities and respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
Demonstrated ability to apply and follow job related policies and procedures.
Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
Persistence needed in order to resolve problems quickly.
Ability to work independently in team oriented culture.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability.
A well-established and premier PEO (Professional Employer Organization) is looking for an experienced accountant. The person will be reporting to the Controller and work closely with other team members. The accountant will be involved in the full cycle accounting including month-end close and financial audits. The person must be detail oriented, strong work ethics, and a self starter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare month-end journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Manage commission calculation, supporting schedules, and payouts
- Initiate wire transfers & apply cash receipts
- High volume bank reconciliations
- Manage Accounts Payable
- Support tax team with quarterly and annual tax filings
- Assist in financial audits as required
- Detail oriented, efficient, and a quick learner
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent system skills including accounting softwares
- Must have excel skills (formulas, vlookup, pivot table, etc.)
- 4 year college degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!