Accountant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant
Senior Accountant In Detroit
Post a Job
We are seeking a Senior Accountant for a permanent, full-time direct-hire position at of our clients -- a small company in the Detroit, MI area. This person will prepare bank reconciliations, process cash disbursements for invoices, prepare journal entries, review incoming wires and handle state sales and property tax returns. Position reports directly to the controller. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (including 401K match) are offered. Positive company culture; extremely low turnover here!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller or a Full Service Bookkeeper at a SMALL COMPANY.
- Experience handling bank reconciliations, preparing journal entries and processing cash disbursements.
- Experience processing personal property and sales tax returns.
This will be a permanent, full-time direct-hire position with our client. LOCAL DETROIT AREA CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with your resume and application.
For further information, please contact:
Michael Spiro, Director of Recruiting
Experis Finance, Ohio Region
EXPERIS - Who We Are:
As the leader in project solutions and professional talent resourcing for contract and permanent positions, Experis matches professionals to rewarding Finance, IT, and Engineering opportunities with industry leading organizations helping accelerate careers, while delivering excellent results for our client companies. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Learn more at www.experis.com
Fiscal Analyst/Cost Accountant
To apply for a position at our Company, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history/expectations (plain text, Microsoft Word, or PDF only) with the job title in the subject line. You will receive notification via email to confirm receipt of your application. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
Purpose of the Position
To independently perform a combination of accounting duties within the Financial Reporting Department. This position is responsible for accounting functions related to the generation of customer invoices, account analysis and cost accounting system data entry for payroll at the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager. This position will also be working with the Financial Reporting Manager to complete special projects as requested.
This position reports directly to the Financial Reporting Manager. No positions report to the Staff Accountant.
Regular predictable and reliable attendance
Operates PC to generate reports and correspondence
Maintains and develops invoice templates using Excel spreadsheet
Special projects at the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager
Monthly general ledger account analysis and various monthly reports
Various month-end close procedures and journal entries
Payroll processing and electronic uploads
Gathers backup documentation necessary for completing and mailing customer invoices
Complies data for processing
Vendor invoices and timecards
Analyzes, verifies, and balances Payroll cards with system spreadsheets
Prepares, processes and sends invoices to customers
Edits all data entry processed
Scanning for paperless environment
Matching and verifying checks with back-up documentation
Analyzes contracts and formulates proper invoicing procedures
Inputs information into CIS system
Fixed assets monthly journal entries
Posting of revenue and payroll from CIS to Epicor-Back-up for payroll processing (PayChex)
Technical training and skills: Computer literate with extensive knowledge of PC software. Ability to design graphs, forms, spreadsheets, interprets formulas and produce advance application macros. Must have extensive knowledge of current version of Excel and Word for Windows word processing. Operate 10-key by touch. Paychex payroll.
Professional training or knowledge: Knowledge of standard principles of accounting and industry standards.
Work experience: 1-7 years professional experience working with PC software applications, leading to a broad knowledge of computer technology, cost accounting, auditing and general accounting practices.
License required: None
If both your background and skill set match the available position, you may be contacted for a preliminary phone interview. The phone interview is informational and a way for us to learn more about your background, as well as for you to learn more about our Company and the particular position. Phone interviews last approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Following the phone interview, a determination will be made about advancement to an in-person interview. Finalists are required to take a writing test.
Post a Job
Part-Time Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant – Part-time is responsible for reviewing or performing accounts payable, accounts receivable assisting with payroll functions from data entry, reconciliation and posting to the general ledger to month-end close.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions:
- Administers accounts payable including processing payments in accounting software, maintaining records, balances, and financial information/receipts and verifying vendor invoices
- Administers accounts receivable including processing incoming payments in accounting software by preparing bank deposits, maintaining records, balancing financial information and verifying invoices
- Prepares payroll information including calculating total time for the pay period, communicating payroll changes, and submitting information to payroll vendor for processing; May conduct payroll audits
- Prepares check register and deposits
- Reconciles monthly bank statement and investigates any discrepancies
- Performs other Staff Accountant functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with QuickBooks Software
- Proficient in Excel and the Internet
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Works on multiple tasks simultaneously with regular interruptions
- Works professionally using courtesy and tact with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing
- Completes tasks effectively within a reasonable amount of time
- Establishes a rapport and good communication with co-workers, clients and others
- Follows and applies specific rules and regulations
- Works with minimal supervision
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. However, an equivalent combination and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be acceptable.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Accounting, Finance or Business Management preferred
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience in a professional business environment; government contracting experience preferred
- Has good written and verbal command of the English language
- Effectively communicates in a courteous, professional and tactful manner by e-mail, telephone and in person with co-workers, management, clients and others
- Responds well to questions in a timely manner
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, such as working well with others and motivating people
- Uses clear, succinct and informative communications (verbal and written) with co-workers, management, clients and others in favorable or unfavorable situations
- Writes clear and concise business correspondence
Looking to apply your accounting skills in a fun and innovative company? We’re searching for a Senior Accountant to assists with Month-end close, treasury and financial reporting responsibilities.
Heritage Auctions (HA.com) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins, sports, comics, historical,modern & contemporary art, illustration art, decorative arts, entertainment and music… and many more!
Heritage Auctions, a well-established auction house with over 30 years of longevity, is expanding in our Dallas office to meet our business needs.
SUMMARY: Seeking a Senior Accountant to assists with Month-end close, treasury and financial reporting responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fixed asset management and reconciliation
- Monthly closings and journal entries
- Commission calculations
- Preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports
- Analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Preparation of multi-state sales tax returns
- Preparing reports on finances for management and offers suggestions
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Accountant in public or private industry
- Demonstrated growth in the field of accounting
- Accounting degree with 3.5+ GPA
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft GP is highly preferred; must be able to multi-task and adjust to new situations quickly; must have excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written; must be extremely detail- oriented and have a positive attitude.
- Individual must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
- Excellent communication
Post a Job
Senior Accountant II
Position: Senior Accountant II
Pay Range: $67-72K DOE + Excellent Benefits
Relocation Assistance: Yes
- Manage and supervise the cash reconciliations and capital assets functions.
- Prepare and maintain/review routine and non-routine reconciliations, allocations, reports, statements, spreadsheets and other accounting projects for internal and external purposes.
- Interview, select, train, direct staff.
- Responsible for AR and cash receipts.
- Maintain management modules of the Boroughs financial management system. Perform upgrades to system in coordination with the GL Accountant and Chief Accountant.
- Stay up-to-date on developments and changes affecting the Borough’s accounting activities. This may include monitoring economic trends and new governmental policies.
- Assist with preparing the Borough’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Assist with year-end closing, audit preparation, financial audit, financial statement preparation and review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five years of professional accounting and/or financial auditing experience in positions of progressive responsibility
- Two years’ supervisory experience—preferably in union environment
- One year management experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- 10-key by touch
- CPA preferred
- Maintain valid driver’s license and meet insurance standards to maintain insurability through company insurance program
AES provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
AES matches job seekers with opportunities in which they are recognized and rewarded for their experience, skills and abilities. AES is proud to be an Alaskan-owned company building relationships on integrity and trust since 1977. Our Services are always FREE to candidates.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Post a Job
Account Manager - Large Real Estate Accounts
Insurance broker in NYC is looking for an Account Manager to service a $10 Million
- revenue book of business.
This book is made up of 60 large real estate client. Suitable candidate MUST have real estate experience.
Duties will include servicing the accounts, MARKETING the renewals, and MARKETING any new business that fits the profile of this book.
Must have P & C License.
Ideal candidate should have 7-10 years experience.
Post a Job
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Prepares supporting documentation for SEC filings, including 10Q, 10K, etc.
- Reviews and validates financial information and metrics to be disclosed publicly.
- Assists in review of consolidated Financial Statements to be included with SEC filings
- Supports SEC team in reviewing for adequate disclosure through review of required disclosure check lists.
- Researches the impact of accounting proposals and pronouncements on the Company’s financial position and financial statements.
- Assists in Company’s preparation for compliance with S.404 of Sarbanes–Oxley Act.
- Assists in internal and external audits.
- Supports Investor Relations department in preparation for and responses to analyst inquiries, events and related activities.
- Liaises with senior management, external accountants and attorneys.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 1 year job related experience is required. Minimum of 2 years public accounting experience is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Experience in researching technical issued and making recommendations to management from that research.
The Staff Accountant will conduct a variety of tasks within the Accounting and Payroll team. Work closely with Controller during month end to insure accuracy of accounts and backup documentation. Maintain Worker’s comp spreadsheet for yearly audits.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software
- Proficiency with MS Suite
- Experience in Deltek Time & Expense highly desired
- Change management experience, including ability to operate constructively in a changing environment, deal effectively with conflict, multiple priorities and new assignment and able to multi-task
- Strong presentation skills and experience in presenting to large groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and independently
- Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government security clearance
- Process all A/P invoices
- Enter and edit A/P vouchers
- Print A/P checks and prepare for mailing
- Assist Payroll Supervisor and fill in when needed
- Conduct Time & Expense training for all new hires
- Utilize and maintain spreadsheets to include but not limited to: prepaid expenses, prepaid insurance, medical insurance, etc.
- Prepare billing invoices for customers
- Balance vendor statements
- Prepare journal entries for discounts, prepaid expense, prepaid insurance, W/C premium adjustments, bonus accruals, etc.
- Research invoice discrepancies
- Maintain and balance general ledger accounts
- Produce AR invoices and call on past due receivables
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed in an office setting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see
- May occasionally be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Pt/Ft Flex Virtual CPA Or EA Tax Accountant
If you are a talented and experienced CPA or EA looking for the ultimate in work/life balance this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Our unique business model allows you the ultimate in flexibility and income potential.
Some of our team work 100% from their home office while others are free to allocate their time between home and our corporate office in San Diego.
We don’t believe our team should be “killing themselves” by working ungodly hours during tax season.
Our focus is in building strong relationships with our clients and becoming their goto accounting/tax expert so we can serve our clients in a greater capacity, ensuring their success and at the same time keeping the workload manageable.
We are open to both PT and FT availability. If PT we would require a min of 20 hours a week and the ability to check-in daily by addressing and urgent emails or voicemails.
You should be personable, hardworking and someone who can communicate clearly and effectively with clients and team members.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years working in public accounting and have strong attention to detail.
You should have at least 5 completed tax seasons preparing signature ready individual and business tax returns.
Accounting, bookkeeping, and prior QuickBooks experience required.
Duties include tax planning, tax preparation, client advisory, some bookkeeping and review of financial statements.
Potential to grow into management positions within our firm.
We Are Searching For Disciplined and Friendly Individuals Who Possess:
- Helpful Attitude
- Detail-Oriented Attention
- Great Communication Skills
We pride ourselves in thinking differently than the traditional "Old school" accounting firm. We are growth oriented, open to new ideas, technology focused and excel at providing outstanding service to our clients and community. Our core values are centered around: openness, learning, self-improvement, innovation, being non-judgmental and creating a friendly and caring environment. We help our team achieve a flexible work/life balance by utilizing cutting edge technology that allows our team to be location independent when needed.
We seek to build a core team of talented individuals to help grow our company to the next level: making Profitwise Accounting one of the top small business accounting firms in San Diego. If you have both people skills and technical knowledge and want to contribute those skills to a successful, growing company, contact Profitwise NOW!
- Competitive Salary/Incentive Package
- Flexible and relaxed small team work environment
- Consistent Annual Growth / 10+ Years in Business
- Management Opportunities & Ongoing Training
Post a Job
Accountant II – District Accountant (Tech 4)
Overview: The Accountant II is responsible for performing a variety of accounting tasks supporting mulitple government entities.
- 5+ years of experience
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES + Ensure revenues are collected and recorded; Verify that expenditures are made in accordance with policies, SOPs and are in accordance with appropriate regulations; + Records and reconciles all bank transactions;
Prepares cash forecasts and ensures appropriate levels of liquidity are maintained; + Produces timely financial reports in accordance with Government Accounting Standards Board principles; Performs financial and budget analyses to understand sources of funding, revenue levels and key budgetary trends.
Prepares audit schedules and financial records for external auditors and works with them to review reporting processes and mechanisms.
Reviews annual external audit reports to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Maintains all financial and accounting records in accordance with regulatory guidelines and Government Accounting Standards Board principles.
Ensures compliance with all statutory and bond regulations and requirements. Ensures timely filing of audits, state returns and dissemination of information.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education/Experience : BS degree in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years of experience in governmental accounting. Technical : Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Knowledge of GAAP, fund accounting, and auditing practices, public agency budgeting practices and principles. Communication : Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback. Communicates detailed information. Problem Solving & Quality
: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves complex issues.
Escalates issues accordingly; Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity. Identifies, solves complex issues. Managing For Results : Works independently with minimal supervision.
Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks, projects & priorities.
Demonstrates flexibility in workflow/scheduling. Leadership & Initiative : Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance.
Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development. Trains others. Takes charge in absence of supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The work environment is characteristic of an office environment: sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting are required to perform job responsibilities. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 lbs.
TypeRegular Full-TimeLocation(s)US-FL-Pompano Beach
Post a Job