Accountant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant
Accountant with Tax Experience (Falls Church, VA)Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Aegis Corps is currently looking for a highly skilled accounting professional to support one of our projects located in Falls Church, VA.
1. MUST HAVE a minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience including experience in individual and business income tax preparation.
2. Experience with QuickBooks and Pro-Fx is a plus
3. Degree in Accounting
4. CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
5. Must possess good oral and written communication skills
6. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Day-to-day duties, but not limited to:
1. Preparation of tax returns; individual, corporation, trust, nonprofit and fiduciary
2. Communication with clients regarding their tax return preparation and information needed
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Aegis Corps, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Use this job description
Senior Accountant - Tax
Tax seniors are integral members of our professional team, and the work performed is at the core of what we do for our clients. As a Tax Senior you have responsibility over providing tax planning and compliance services to high-net-worth individuals and closely held businesses. Tax Seniors are exposed to primarily tax work, but also auditing and accounting providing support to a variety of client engagements. Tax Seniors set up time budgets on engagements they have previously handled and may be asked to direct staff accountants to employ methods which will accomplish the objectives of the engagement.
Our ideal candidate will have acute technical abilities, demonstrated ability to manage client relationships, and the desire to be an intricate part of business development and marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to further develop their career, particularly in pursuit of a partnership track. This full-time position includes competitive compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trace procedures from origin of transaction through initial recording to final disposition in the accounts (flow charting)
- Prepare workpaper schedules analyzing activity in virtually all general ledger accounts and apply procedures as required by the type of engagement to the data included on the workpaper
- Apply inquiry and analytical procedures to financial data and evaluate the reasonableness of a client’s explanations for variances arising in connection with performing such work
- Assess the reasonableness of estimates used by the client in recording transactions
- Review internal controls and document the understanding in the form of a memorandum, flow chart, checklist or combination thereof
- Classify accounts for financial statement presentation
- Determine the existence of contingent liabilities by review of correspondence with attorneys, examination of minutes, inquiries to clients, etc
- Determine the extent of test-checking required in an audit and select the period to be tested
- Prepare moderately complicated tax returns
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to a supervisor, manager, or partner.
- Write comments for reportable conditions letters
- Prepare routine correspondence to the client for approval and signature of a partner or manager
- Set up books of account for new businesses
- Prepare budgets
- Suggest improvements to engagement management for increased efficiencies in subsequent engagements
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- MUST possess a BS/BA degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- 2 - 3 years progressive experience in public accounting preparing and reviewing tax returns for various types of entities (primarily S-Corp, C-Corp, and Partnerships) and industries, tax planning, client interaction and performing special tax projects for clients; knowledge of partnership taxation in the real estate industry strongly desired
- 1 or more years experience in tax accounting with an emphasis on corporate tax and high net worth self-employed individuals
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and tax preparation software; experience with ProSystem Tax strongly desired
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Strong desire to be an intricate part of business development and marketing strategies
- Strong excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task; must be detail oriented
- Possess positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
Benefits: Grossberg Company LLP offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.
Qualified candidates should apply on-line at http://grossberg.catsone.com/careers
Accounts Payable Accountant
Our Client, a large construction firm based in Chicago, is seeking a Junior Accountant/Accounts Payable Accountant to help their team on a long term contract basis. They will be responsible for processing full cycle accounting, project budget management, AP, and company reporting.
Our client offers:
Great Office Location
- Manage reimbursement requests for compliance to company guidelines
- Preparing three-way matching of invoices and reviewing before payment
- Generating new vendor files and auditing W9's
- Handling of all vendor issues and questions in a timely manner
- Certifying vendor 1099 maintenance and 1099 tax reporting
- Maintaining vendor invoices and purchase orders in accounting system
- Skilled coding of invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, and any other needed material.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar field
- 2-5 years' experience in corporate environment processing AP.
- Experience/Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite and major ERP systems
We specialize in: Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, and Supply Chain. Use this job description
Our client, a Construction Management and General Contracting firm, has built a reputation as a leader in the industry. Located in Metro Detroit, the Company has a history of stability and profitability. Due to expansion, the company is looking at add a Project Accountant to their team.
The goal of the Project Accountant is to accurately and efficiently work on multiple projects at a time! From helping manage contracts, costs, submittals, budgets, billings, and everything else that comes up when you’re in the accounting department for a contractor.
From high level profit and loss analysis to the chasing down of certified payrolls or certificates of insurance, it’s never boring and never slow! While the technical know-how is required, the ability to effectively work and communicate with the field operations team is just as important.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field preferred
- At least 2-4 years of experience in accounting
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture, but remain detail-oriented
- Deadline driven
Rewards for the position include a strong base salary, bonus incentives, and benefits, in addition to the opportunity to work on a great team.
The Hiring Process will include a formal phone screen, at least two in-person interviews, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Use this job description
Accountant @$47,800 - $50,800/Yr In Diamond Bar, CA
24-Hour Medical Staffing Services, LLC is hiring a Accountant to work for our client clinic in Diamond Bar, CA.
Pay: $47,800 - $50,800/yr
Responsible for applying principles of accounting to compile, analyze and verify financial information, record
transactions, and prepare reports. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for preparing and maintaining general
ledger accounts. Performs various accounts payable and receivable functions, reconcile accounts, and is
responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and
- Prepare general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for accounts payable functions including but not limited to verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests and purchase requisitions.
- Responsible for accounts receivable functions including but not limited to performing daily banking procedures.
- Maintain fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- Responsible for compliance filings with various government agencies.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Perform intercompany account analysis and reconciliation.
- Assist in preparing financial statements and monthly budget variance analysis.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong detail orientation, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated financial/analytical acumen
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 3 to 6 years of professional experience in Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Experience with MAS90 a plus
IntelliSource is seeking a Cost Accountant for a leading industrial equipment company’s Distribution Center. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of the Cost Accounting function for the company. This includes working with General Accounting to post monthly cost and inventory entries, reconciliation of sub-ledger to general ledger postings; absorption accounting; accuracy of costing including annual rate roll process; responding to cost and profitability analysis requests; providing cost analysis focused on absorption, material and labor variances; driving continuous improvements through variance and trend report analysis and metrics management; assisting with year-end-budget processes; analyzing accuracy of costs by reviewing material cost calculations and verifying accuracy in SAP; facilitating and correcting master data errors.
TheCost Accountant will be a part of a dynamic team with huge growth. If you want to be a part of something bigger where you make a difference, we want you!
Cost Accountant Position
- Works collaboratively with General Accounting to post all monthly cost and inventory entries.Maintains balance sheet reconciliations as needed.
- Assists in the successful planning and execution of year- end physical inventory for both manufacturing and logistics center locations.Reviews and approves all weekly cycle count inventory adjustments.
- Reconciles inventory per the balance sheet to various sub-ledger systems and books reconciling adjustments.
- Analyzes excessive and obsolete inventory SKU’s and propose reserve adjustments as required.
- Provides cost analysis and estimating support to independent studies, analysis of alternatives, economic analysis, and program budget development.
- Analyzes and reviews cost estimates including technical data, cost estimating methods, ground rules, and assumptions submitted by departments or contractors for completeness, consistency, and thoroughness
- Assists with year-end budget process; collects and analyzes standard cost calculations of actual labor, material, and overhead costs against actual budget; researches and explains variances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.MBA or CPA preferred
- 7-10 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment as a Cost Accountant.
- Knowledge of direct and indirect cost structures
- Working knowledge of forecasting (budget, forward pricing, economic feasibility, profitability analysis)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to perform various analyses (economic feasibility, profitability, etc.)
- Ability to analyze moderately difficult to complex financial issues, draw conclusions based on analysis and recommend alternative solutions
- Ability to be detail-oriented, motivated and have a strong aptitude for numbers
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve departmental and company goals
- Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Our business - and our approach - is personal.
IntelliSource is a national business process outsourcing company providing Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies with people, processes and tools to manage critical, non-core business functions. From our foundation of staffing resources and through over 16 years building world-class solutions, IntelliSource is a trusted partner to its clients and associates, empowering businesses and the thousands we employ nationwide to realize their full potential.
We are an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. This is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Use this job description
Seeking a Tax Accountant for a large, stable, reputable company. This organization is the leader in its industry. Their company culture, diverse environment and work hard, play hard mentality makes this an attractive place to work.
Reports to: Tax Manager
This individual will prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual filings for transaction. Return types include sales/use federal, state and local tax returns for the organizations. This professional will be knowledgeable on business concepts and government regulations. Will be involved in any disputes or audits that affect the business.
Consults with: Business Units
Term: Direct Hire
- 3- 5 plus years as a Tax Accountant
- Sales tax experience is a must
- General Accounting functions
- Involved in multiple tax projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Use this job description
Lead Tax Accountant Or Senior Tax Accountant
Summary & Responsibilities Dominion's CFO Tax department is looking for a Lead Tax Accountant or Senior Tax Accountant. This role will assist with tax due diligence, including research federal, state, and local tax implications related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business opportunities; research and analyze applicable tax, accounting, and/or business issues related to assigned projects; help formulate and provide recommendations to management on assigned issues; draft memoranda to document analysis and conclusions. Analyze the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations and help to identify potential tax-saving opportunities. May advise management on tax implications of special tax issues related to the energy industry,assist in drafting responses to IRS information requests, state auditor requests, and/or other regulatory authority requests, andassist in training co-workers with respect to new or emerging issues or information. Reviews current processes and recommends and implements changes to procedures and processes. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Job Qualifications Lead Tax Accountant + 7 years of tax, accounting, or related experience or 6 years of public accounting experience required. Senior Tax Accountant + 5 years of tax, accounting, or related experience or 4 years of public accounting experience required. Additional Qualifications Needed: + A combination of knowledge developed through formal education and practical experience that demonstrates an advanced understanding of concepts regarding tax laws and tax accounting practices and procedures.
Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, prepare general tax research memorandums, and formulate recommendations for management.
Ability to review models for tax implications of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business opportunities.
Ability to research complex issues, formulate and develop recommendations to management.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software + Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to coordinate the completion of multiple work assignments and/or projects, provide guidance where necessary, problem solve, and ensure that the project team meets it operational deadlines.
Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others.
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to motivate team members towards completion of work assignments.
Ability to provide critical feedback and peer reviews for assigned work tasks.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Disciplines: Preferred: Accounting,Economics,Finance , Other Education: Accounting, Finance, Tax
Working Conditions Office Work Environment 76-100%,Travel Up to 25%
Overview Dominion [ NYSE: D ] is one of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 26,400 megawatts of generation, 15,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,600 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation’s largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers. Our company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in the communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate.
Posted Date3/8/2017Location/Facility NameRichmond General Office
Category001 - Accounting & Finance
Use this job description
Junior Fleet Accountant
With a fleet of over 20,000 units and a national branch network, Acton Mobile provides modular space & equipment rental services to the construction, commercial, education, healthcare and government markets.
Acton Mobile offers competitive, performance based compensation plans and comprehensive benefits to all full time employees. Our office environment is both casual and fast-paced. Employees are encouraged to demonstrate initiative, take risks, and be accountable for the results of their actions. We are changing and evolving every day and are seeking high energy, high initiative, adaptable individuals to grow with our growing company.
Junior Fleet Accountant
Acton Mobile is looking for a Junior Fleet Accountant in our Towson (Corporate) Office. The duties of the position are as follows:
- Manages Acton’s rental fleet inventory:
- Maintaining compliance controls of the fleet process
- Owns purchase orders and contracts for all fleet inventory
- Creating and approving purchase orders for fleet refurbishments
- Acts as the point of contact for the branches for anything pertaining to Fleet activities, including documenting and reporting on equipment status.
- Depending on the state; manages Certificates of Origin and Titles; ensures that all fleet has the correct licenses.
- Manages fleet of leased vehicles:
- Create uniform procedures for new leased vehicles.
- Reviews invoices to ensure that everything meets leasing requirements, including monthly lease costs, mileage, and repair charges.
- Reconciles leased vehicle costs during each month end close
- Helps create/ update “Best Practice” policies for both leased fleet and rental fleet.
- Prepares general ledger entries and reconciliations related to the monthly close of fleet
- Reconciles outstanding fleet on a monthly basis
- Administers Accounts Payable function for Fleet related invoices
- Provide consistent and valued input and ideas on improve processes and functions in order to maximize effectiveness.
- Assist in ensuring that all financial deadlines are met for month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings, including supporting requests from internal and external audit functions.
- Given goals and general guidelines, administers company policy to support functions as assigned.
- Communicates with other departments, branches and vendors on relevant issues, design/revise tools, processes and procedures to improve efficiency and head special projects, as needed.
- Supports Upper Management and Corporate Policies
- Responsible for the achievement of Department goals as determined by CFO.
- Keeps CFO and Assistant Controller informed regarding areas of concern and opportunity.
- Maintains workspace as a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Provides Customer Service
- Answers all questions in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Continuous Improvement
- Assists in driving a continuous improvement strategy within the business to result in ongoing incremental gains in quality and efficiency.
- Performs other related accounting, finance or administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field,
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience; will entertain recent college graduate (special consideration given to those with Fleet Management experience)
- Will prioritize those with prior use of enterprise accounting software (preferably Navision)
- Strong Excel skills.
- Exhibit problem solving skills through expedient identification of issues and ability to synthesize data in a timely manner to resolve analytical and technical issues.
- Strong all around customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization and outside of the organization.
Accountant - Business Services
Accountant – Business Services
Prominent CPA firm in the Chapel Hill, NC area is seeking an experienced Accountant for our Business Advisory Services department. The ideal candidate will have approximately 3-5 years of experience with bookkeeping/accounting and be familiar with the preparation of financial statements, payroll processing/tax filings, and general ledger maintenance. Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to switch between projects is highly desired. Experience with small businesses and nonprofit organizations preferred.
- AP/AR Processing and General Ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare and process journal entries for period close
- Prepare and compile financial statements
- Maintain company information and keep in legal compliance
- Processing of payroll and related reports *1099/W-2 processing/Quarterly Filings
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Prior experience in a public accounting firm is greatly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred, but an Associate’s degree in Accounting will also be considered.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Intacct accounting software
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with accounting best practices
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-started with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Dedication to superior client service
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor designation a plus
Blackman & Sloop CPAs, P.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blackman & Sloop CPAs, P.A. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities
Use this job description