Accountant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant
Accounts Payable Accountant (Part-Time Position)
Pernix Group is a leading construction company, offering diversified general contracting, design/build, construction management, preconstruction consulting, EPC, and O&M services to private clients and public agencies. We have provided construction services since 1995 and have established a strong reputation within the Government, Commercial & Industrial, and Power markets by executing complex projects on-time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
In this supporting role, the Accounts Payable Accountant will report to the Accounting Supervisor and will have the following responsibilities:
- Use practical applications found in accounting standards and procedures for routing and completing transactions
- Resolve discrepancies on invoices or reports by interfacing with other project teams, vendors/contractors, and clients
- Prepare special reports and completing other projects as directed to improve function and customer service
- Issuing of client requisitions in accordance with contract and inclusive of all billable company, trade subcontractor and sub consultant costs
- Apply client funds received by preparing accounts payable to trades, subs, accounts receivable reconciliation with the associated re-billing of client deductions and adjustments to billable cost
- Process payments to trades and subs in a timely manner
- Administration and control of General Conditions costs
- Ensure that every trade or subcontractor is in compliance with the terms and conditions of contract documents
- Interface with project staff in dealing with billing issues and profit recognition
- Support Accounting Supervisor by completing higher level tasks to improve processes
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or equivalent preferred by not required
- 5-8 years accounting experience in construction or similar industry
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in current corporate software packages, as well as standard office equipment
- Solid understanding of general accounting, accounts payable and procurement principles required
- Accounting and accounts payable construction industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to deal with high demands
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- Time management skills
- Prior AP experience preferred
- Viewpoint Construction Software experience preferred
Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible to receive a DOD Government Clearance (ability to pass criminal background and credit check)
Post a Job
Fiscal Analyst/Cost Accountant
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or citizenship unless legally required, and provides equal employment opportunity to disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era.
Purpose of the Position
To independently perform a combination of accounting duties within the Financial Reporting Department. This position is responsible for accounting functions related to the generation of customer invoices, account analysis and cost accounting system data entry for payroll at the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager. This position will also be working with the Financial Reporting Manager to complete special projects as requested.
This position reports directly to the Financial Reporting Manager. No positions report to the Staff Accountant.
Regular predictable and reliable attendance
Operates PC to generate reports and correspondence
Maintains and develops invoice templates using Excel spreadsheet
Special projects at the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager
Monthly general ledger account analysis and various monthly reports
Various month-end close procedures and journal entries
Payroll processing and electronic uploads
Gathers backup documentation necessary for completing and mailing customer invoices
Complies data for processing
Vendor invoices and timecards
Analyzes, verifies, and balances Payroll cards with system spreadsheets
Prepares, processes and sends invoices to customers
Edits all data entry processed
Scanning for paperless environment
Matching and verifying checks with back-up documentation
Analyzes contracts and formulates proper invoicing procedures
Inputs information into CIS system
Fixed assets monthly journal entries
Posting of revenue and payroll from CIS to Epicor-Back-up for payroll processing (PayChex)
Technical training and skills: Computer literate with extensive knowledge of PC software. Ability to design graphs, forms, spreadsheets, interprets formulas and produce advance application macros. Must have extensive knowledge of current version of Excel and Word for Windows word processing. Operate 10-key by touch. Paychex payroll.
Professional training or knowledge: Knowledge of standard principles of accounting and industry standards.
Work experience: 1-7 years professional experience working with PC software applications, leading to a broad knowledge of computer technology, cost accounting, auditing and general accounting practices.
License required: None
Our company is made up of highly talented, diverse, and motivated people who are dedicated to defining the business of politics. Headquartered in New York, we also have offices in Washington and London, as well as a vast network of experts around the world.
Post a Job
- Preparation of annual report on Form 10K, quarterly reports on Form 10Q, current reports on Form 8-K and other financial filings as required by the SEC, including preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis and footnote disclosures.
- Participate in the monthly global consolidation process to ensure results are reported accurately in USGAAP and on a timely basis.
- Play an integral role in designing and implementing new process and procedures.
- Work with external auditors to address accounting issues and facilitate the review and audit of SEC filings and the annual report.
- Responsible for the global coordination of quarterly reporting schedules, including preparation of certain consolidated schedules.
- Prepare and review routine and non-routine entries in BPC and SAP.
- Review the impact of new or proposed accounting standards, interpretations or regulations from the FASB, AICPA, PCAOB, EITF and SEC and communicate impact to Senior Management.
- Anticipate new accounting and reporting requirements and their impact on External Reporting filings.
- Perform pension, derivative and executive compensation accounting and related disclosures for the company.
- Comply with XBRL requirements.
- Prepare positions papers on complex accounting transactions.
- Prepare account analysis for assigned accounts
- Bachelors in Accounting is required
- CPA required
- 3+ years of related experience is required, including a public accounting Audit foundation
- Ability and desire to work in dynamic, changing environment with a "Can Do" attitude
Moving to Arizona? Let us know when you will be arriving!
- Responsible for preparing, processing, reviewing, analyzing and reporting financial and statistical transactions for Oncor Electric Delivery.
- Performs monthly closing responsibilities including journal entry preparation and approval, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepares and analyzes financial and operational information for SEC reporting (RFI's) and audit inquiries.
- Prepares and analyzes information used for inclusion in regulatory compliance filings.
- Prepares various analyses for management as requested.
- Accounting degree
- 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of the Oncor's Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Extensive knowledge of electric utility industry practices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Exposure to regulatory accounting environment such as knowledge of rate case filing package requirements, schedule and RFI preparation and rate case proceedings
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work across organizational lines and with other non-financial disciplines
Apply/View Full Description Post a Job
Senior GL Accountant
Coordinate and manage internal subsidiary audits. Oversee country specific statutory audits of countries in
which the company does business.
Oversee and enhance internal controls
Manage the relationship and activities of independent public accountants, third-party accounting firms and
external tax advisors.
Integration and recording of the purchase accounting for acquisitions.
Coordinate all international related audit activity.
Develop and mentor all direct reports.
Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly
communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
Implement continual process improvements
Research and document appropriate accounting positions
III. Secondary or Ancillary Job Functions .
Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Comply with all company policies and procedures
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Some travel may be required
Bachelor's degree in accounting required
5 + years of progressively responsible experience in finance and accounting
Prior experience working with accounting systems and software, financial reports, audits and corporate tax
International accounting, consolidations and foreign currency translation experience is not required but nice to have
CPA is a plus
Post a Job
Senior Accountant - Temp
Senior Accountant - Long term temp position
Reporting to the VP Finance/Corporate Controller, the Senior Accountant is a “hands-on” position with direct responsibility for daily accounting operations, month and quarter-end closing and operational accounting including certain equity responsibilities. This position will work with the internal finance team and external team (auditors, tax, etc.) and will be responsible for execution and review of core accounting functions.
- Manage the General Ledger system (Quickbooks), accounting operations, month-end and quarterly close
- Process accounts payable for vendors and T&E for employees
- Prepare payroll for processing (currently 8 employees but expecting to grow to 25 by year-end)
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements, senior management board package and provide consolidated data for reporting purposes
- Complete account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness, maintaining GAAP compliance
- Complete, accurate and fully supported monthly close journal entries
- Support annual and quarterly audit preparation activities
- Responsible for working with external stock plan administrator to record and reconcile equity activity in eShares
- Support potential ERP upgrade project (e.g. Netsuite)
- Act as point person for external audit and outsourced tax group support
- Special ad-hoc projects, as needed (system/process implementations and/or policies)
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in accounting operations
- Minimum of a BA, CPA preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the role of finance and accounting in supporting the company’s strategy
- Previous experience performing payroll a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX 404 compliance
- Solid experience helping to coordinate financial book closings, audits and financial statement preparation
- Proven success working well under pressure, highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work very independently in an environment with continued process improvement and change
Tax Accountant - Sales And Use
- Public Accounting preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- 3+ years of Sales & Use experience (multi-state) required
- Experience with OneSource Tax Software is preferred, other tax software will be considered
- Experience in addressing tax jurisdiction inquiries and resolving such inquiries/issues
- Some experience with Federal, State and Local Income Tax returns and supporting documentation
- Strong EXCEL / Microsoft Office experience and knowledge required
Post a Job
Our client, a Construction Management and General Contracting firm, has built a reputation as a leader in the industry. Located in Metro Detroit, the Company has a history of stability and profitability. Due to expansion, the company is looking at add a Project Accountant to their team.
The goal of the Project Accountant is to accurately and efficiently work on multiple projects at a time! From helping manage contracts, costs, submittals, budgets, billings, and everything else that comes up when you’re in the accounting department for a contractor.
From high level profit and loss analysis to the chasing down of certified payrolls or certificates of insurance, it’s never boring and never slow! While the technical know-how is required, the ability to effectively work and communicate with the field operations team is just as important.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field preferred
- At least 2-4 years of experience in accounting
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture, but remain detail-oriented
- Deadline driven
Rewards for the position include a strong base salary, bonus incentives, and benefits, in addition to the opportunity to work on a great team.
The Hiring Process will include a formal phone screen, at least two in-person interviews, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Post a Job
Abacus Solutions Group is a government contractor that provides services and solutions to the federal government and Department of Defense. We have nearly 90 employees in locations across the US from Alaska to Florida. We're looking for a senior accounting professional to join our team in the corporate headquarters. This position reports directly to the President and is responsible for all accounting operations including AP, AR and payroll. The Sr. Accountant will supervise one accounting clerk. We currently use Deltek GCS and T&E but are looking to transition to a different system (not yet identified).
- 5+ years of accounting experience in the government contracting industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Extensive knowledge of a DCAA-approved accounting system
- Billing T&M and fixed price contracts
- Processing indirect rates
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Trial balance reconciliation
- Closing monthly accounting books
- Light financial analysis and reporting
- Transition the accounting system from Deltek GCS to a new platform
Senior International Tax Accountant
Position: Sr. International Tax Accountant
Our client is a publicly traded multinational company with a presence in over 20 countries.
This position will work closely with the International Tax Manager & Sr. International Tax Manager on a wide variety of international tax issues including: Preparation and review of the US Tax Compliance 5471's, 8858, 1118's, Subpart F, Quantitative analysis for tax planning, E&P and assist with global ASC 740.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or MST Preferred
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2-4 years experience working on US International tax issues in either big four or large corporate tax environment