Accountant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant
Account Team ( Senior Account Executive And An Account Executive) Advertising Agency
Our well established agency client is hiring for their account team. They are experience some amazing growth and are building their account team and are looking to hire an Account Executive and a Senior Account Executive to support their growing roster of consumer and B2B clients including: a major beer brand; automobile products; home decor; office products; snow removal equipment; a resorts; local fast food outlet; deli meats; nurse education; and a classic European motorcycle brand.
This team will support the day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client. He or she will: collaborate with the Account Supervisor to develop strategies and objectives for individual projects
, coordinate s the execution of all projects with the support of an account coordinator , and be responsible for ensuring that agency output adheres to client objectives, meets client deadlines , and achieves agency quality standards.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
Dynamic and engaging personality likes to be in front of the client
- A problem solver with a high level of curiosity
- Must be client service oriented, highly detailed and a team player
- Possess excellent time-management skills
- Attention to detail and organization
- Strong decision-making skills
- Can work in a fast-paced environment while managing client expectations
- Develop, track and manage projects from conception through completion
- Ability to build solid relations and work effectively with people in other agency departments (Creative, Media, Production, Traffic, Planning and Finance) to achieve optimal results
- Develop and deliver competitive and category reports to internal and client teams
- Train and delegate workflow carried out by an Account Coordinator for his/her
- Highly knowledgeable in each client’s business and industry/industries
- MUST have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- range of experience in account management in a small agency setting.
- Experience with healthcare and education (traditional and online) is a PLUS
- Experience with consumer durable brands and retail marketing is a PLUS
- Experience working with (and trafficking) in the following areas is preferred: search, web, social, digital/online production, website and/or web page development, events, TV, radio
,and print .
- Must live in either Chicago or Milwaukee metro area
Senior Staff Accountant
The ideal candidates will need to have
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for accounting functions relating to a variety of different investment portfolios. Responsible for processing, reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling portfolios related operating data into financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
THERE IS NO SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS POSITION
- Verify, review and analyze entity and investment level general ledgers. Responsible for general and advanced accounting functions and for meeting deadlines.
- Prepare and analyze quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Prepare work papers and ensure the fulfillment of financial reporting requirements for external and internal audits and tax accountants.
- Prepare quarterly accrual adjustments and annual reconciliations.
- Assist with special projects and other related duties as may be assigned.
- Prepare investor reporting and find returns.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3+ yrs. Accounting experience w/ solid fundamental accounting skills
- Public Accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Strong Excel skills
Senior Staff Accountant
Growing healthcare management services company in North Dallas is hiring:
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Senior staff level accountant will be responsible for general ledger, ad hoc analysis, consolidating financial statements, accruals and other various projects.
- Accounting degree required
- CPA or CPA eligible
- 3-5 years working experience
- Healthcare background preferred
- Big 4 experience preferred
Post a Job
Senior Tax Accountant
Accountant In Columbus
Post a Job
We are seeking an Accountant for a 12-month Temp-to-Perm Contract project at of our best clients -- a large, well known company based in the Columbus, OH area. This person will be handling General Ledger duties, and conducting Month-End Closings. Other duties will include Financial Statement preparation, Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting, Labor Planning and KPI / Metric Reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-5 years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Must have excellent General Ledger experience (preferably with Oracle or other web-based GL package.)
- Must have solid Month-End Close experience (Journal Entries, AP, AR, Payroll, Fixed Assets, etc.)
- Must have excellent MS Excel skills (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, Macros, Large Data Pulls, etc.)
- Distribution / Warehousing / Transportation experience preferred.
This will be a 12-month contract project, with the possibility of it evolving into a full-time permanent position directly with our client. LOCAL COLUMBUS AREA CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE.
Please read the following before applying:
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with your resume and application.
For further information, please contact:
Michael Spiro, Director of Recruiting
Experis Finance, Ohio Region
EXPERIS - Who We Are:
As the leader in project solutions and professional talent resourcing for contract and permanent positions, Experis matches professionals to rewarding Finance, IT, and Engineering opportunities with industry leading organizations helping accelerate careers, while delivering excellent results for our client companies. Experis is part of ManpowerGroup, the world leader in innovative workforce solutions.
Learn more at www.experis.com
Accountant III - District Accountant (Tech 4)
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
The Accountant III is responsible for performing a variety of complex accounting tasks with special emphasis on reviewing financial, audit and budget reports for accuracy and compliance with all GAAP and GASB rules and regulations.
Performs some or all of various accounting functions, including:
Creating and reviewing assessment rolls, coordinating debt service payments and responding to general assessment questions from residents and developers; providing professional and technical guidance and training to department staff for all accounting, financial and treasury activities; assisting in research and responding to inquiries from department staff, District Managers, Board Members, auditors and the general public.
Analyzing and reconciling expenditure and revenue accounts, verifying availability of funds and classification of expenditures; researching and analyzing transactions to resolve problems.
Ensures compliance with all statutory and bond regulations and requirements. Ensures timely filing of audits, state returns and dissemination of information.
Assists the Accounting Manager with managing all banking and treasury activities; ensuring that investments meet the District's policy guidelines and that adequate cash is available to meet obligations; preparing periodic reports regarding investments to the Board of Supervisors. Assists in the transition and implementation of new and expanded client contracts.
Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions, and reviewing publications to remain current on principles, practices, and new developments in accounting. Attend Board meetings and workshops as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education/Experience: BS degree in Accounting or Finance and 5+ years of experience in governmental accounting.
Technical: Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications & internet. Knowledge of GAAP, fund accounting, and auditing practices, public agency budgeting practices and principles.
Communication: Communicates clearly & professionally.
Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others.
Asks for constructive feedback. Communicates detailed information.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail.
Identifies & solves complex issues. Escalates issues accordingly; Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity. Identifies, solves complex issues.
Managing For Results: Works independently with minimal supervision.
Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks, projects & priorities. Demonstrates flexibility in workflow/scheduling.
Leadership & Initiative: Demonstrates a positive attitude.
Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments.
Seeks out opportunities for leadership & development. Trains others. Takes charge in absence of supervisor.
The work environment is characteristic of an office environment: sitting, standing, walking, bending and lifting are required to perform job responsibilities. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 lbs.
Post a Job
Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting And SEC Reporting
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations in technical accounting areas such as stock-based compensation, leases accounting, software capitalization, business combinations, goodwill and intangibles
- Research technical accounting topics and write accounting policies and white papers for new transactions and accounting pronouncements
- Prepare accounting impact and analysis of stock compensation activity including performance-based awards and award modifications
- Prepare EPS calculation including impact of various stock based compensation activity on fully diluted EPS
- Participate in forecasting and modeling of equity, shares outstanding and EPS calculations for guidance and non-GAAP reporting
- Prepare and/or review financial statements in accordance with GAAP including cash flow and shareholders’ equity
- Prepare and/or review footnote disclosures for 10-Q and K
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of quarterly and annual SEC reporting on Form 10-Q and 10-K in areas of coverage
- Analyze and implement new and proposed accounting and reporting standards issued by the FASB and SEC timely and accurately
- Review agreements and recommend appropriate accounting treatment
- Initiate and drive process improvements in area of scope for greater accuracy, financial control and efficiency
- Participate in M&A activity by preparing purchase accounting entries and ongoing impairment assessments
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA required. Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of technical accounting areas such as stock-based compensation, lease accounting, software capitalization, business combinations, goodwill and intangibles impairment
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skill with the ability to understand complex topics and apply the topics to data and information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to navigate through technical accounting areas with some guidance
- Thorough understanding US GAAP and SEC Requirements
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good computer skills particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills to establish and meet deadlines
Staff Accountant II
Because we seek distinctive candidates, our interview process is thorough and progresses through a series of telephone discussions and in-person meetings. The process allows you to learn more about our Company Group and to find out more about your qualifications as a candidate. Incoming resumes are reviewed against our current needs and candidates with appropriate backgrounds are invited into the recruiting process.
This position reports to the Controller and performs non-supervisory accounting functions as assigned.
Skill and Knowledge Required:
Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Strong analytical and accounting skills
Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-pace and deadline driven environment
Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work long hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
Ability to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product
Maintain and reconcile fixed asset ledger and associated depreciation schedule
Prepare monthly depreciation entries, and insure proper recording of new asset purchases and disposals
Review and manage petty cash requests for accuracy and appropriate back up; post entries
Fund petty cash requests and reconcile petty cash bank accounts
Prepare and post standard journal entries in preparation for month-end close outs
Review, code, and post entries for company credit cards
Prepare and analyze monthly balance sheet reconciliations
Monthly employee benefit review and audit
Prepare monthly AP reconciliations
Prepare monthly AR reconciliations
Maintain accounting files, preparing labels, etc.
Collaborate with staff at multiple out of town locations to obtain required information
Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time - often on short notice
Work on special projects and general office duties as assigned
Education and Other Requirements:
Minimum 2-3 years related accounting experience, or equivalent external related accounting work experience
Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
Intermediate to advanced experience of major accounting software packages; experience with MAS90 a plus
This is a Non-Supervisory, full time position with health benefits.
Annual Salary: $45,000-$50,000 Depending on Experience
Our Interview Process
HR interview. All candidates meet initially with someone from the our Company Group HR team, either by telephone or in person, to further review background and qualifications and to discuss the specific requirements of the position.
Case interview. The case interview will be with one of our consultants or research team members and will address skills and experience. Additionally, structured thinking, intellectual curiosity, collaborative style and drive for results are evaluated. Interview cases are typically drawn from the interviewers? experiences and may include specific scenarios for those candidates with a focused background.
Final interviews. Final interviews take place in one of our office locations and consist of a round of meetings that include several senior members of our leadership team. Those meetings provide you with the opportunity to ask questions, learn more about our culture and environment and meet our people face to face. We typically make offer decisions shortly after the final round of interviews.
Post a Job
Our clients include integrated oil companies, major mining multinationals, as well as several of the world's largest global electric utilities and power-generation firms. In addition, we work closely with the Global Markets group by supporting energy and commodity trading and sector analysis/portfolio management groups within financial institutions. We also collaborate with the other client services teams on a variety of strategic research projects and thematic workshops.
This position will assist the Manager of Accounting with the preparation of internal financial reporting schedules and the month-end close process among various other financial assignments and projects. This position will offer broad exposure to the accounting functions with a fast-growing company and is the perfect position for someone who wants to learn and progress to higher levels of financial leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
? Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and a major contributor of the month-end close process
? Perform daily reconciliation of bank account activity
? Maintain Fixed Assets and depreciation schedules
? Analyze financial statements on a trended basis
? Assist with preparing required audit and tax supporting schedules
? Integral participation in process improvement strategies and Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
? All other duties and projects assigned
What you should bring to the table:
? Minimum 1-3 years of progressive accounting experience.
? Strong knowledge of GAAP
? Familiar with computerized accounting systems;
? Strong analytical skills
? Must be hands-on and a team player
? Ability to multi-task, and to work with minimal supervision
?Direct advisory services: We offer quarterly in-person commodity outlook presentations, tailored to client interests within our broad suite of thematic coverage. In addition, clients have full access to Eurasia Group's research platform of directors and senior analysts via phone and email.
?Regional and thematic research products: Our group's flagship product is Energy Trendwatch, which is distributed to clients on a weekly basis. Our clients also receive Eurasia Group's suite of daily, weekly, and monthly publications, ranging from event-driven notes to forward-looking regional and global outlooks.
?Tailored projects & consulting: We provide a variety of bespoke services in conjunction with Eurasia Group's regional research groups, including market-entry analysis, executive briefings, monitoring services, strategic planning, country studies, and sector-focused comparative risk modeling.
Post a Job
Accountant / Payroll Specialist
Accountant / Payroll Specialist
Hanover Research is seeking an experienced Accountant / Payroll Specialist for our Arlington, VA office with excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic, self-assurance and a high sense of integrity, confidentiality and honesty. This opportunity is ideal for an individual accustomed to a fast-paced office environment dealing with multiple offices in multiple states in the US.
The successful candidate will share responsibility for payroll processing, administrative accounting duties such as reviewing, entering and processing bonus/commission payouts and expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliation and timekeeping administration.
Essential Payroll responsibilities:
- Accurate preparation and submission of semi-monthly payroll using current timecard and payroll / accounting system;
- Record keeping and tracking of changes per payroll cycle;
- Consistent review of timecards and timecard system maintenance as well as regular salaried payroll;
- Prepare payroll reports to include paid time off and holiday balances;
- Communicate with third party benefits provider;
- Manage paid time off and holiday tracking systems;
- Audit new hires/rehires in Paylocity, including tax withholdings, reimbursements and benefits deductions;
- Audit all terminations in Paylocity ensuring accuracy;
- Compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll data using Paylocity to produce accurate and timely payroll;
- Monitor Benefit interface to ensure accurate benefit deductions;
- Review various payroll reports and payroll register to ensure accuracy;
- Review and processe any employee garnishment ensuring compliance with demand served;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws;
- Prepare management reporting as requested (benefit deductions, bonuses, etc.);
- Prepare payroll journal entries;
- Maintain current Payroll System training to ensure and achieve alignment with HR, Benefits, etc.
- Perform general clerical duties as need and for special projects including data entry, filing, faxing, bulk mailings, etc.
- Work independently to resolve issues.
- Review, code, and process indirect/direct employee expense reports;
- Distribute, code, and enter company credit card account reconciliations;
- Maintain timekeeping and expense system;
- Occasional filing and special projects including archiving prior year’s accounting records;
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting/finance, or similar field, OR the equivalent years of professional related experience;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in payroll processing;
- A minimum of one year’s experience in accounting;
- Effective problem solving and trouble shooting skills with payroll systems;
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with emphasis placed on accuracy and diplomacy;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The work location is Arlington, VA.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Established organization, multi-tasking and prioritization abilities.
- Strategic thinker and solutions oriented approach to daily activities;
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to problem solve without clear guidelines;
- Experience with Paylocity payroll system;
- Knowledge of federal and state wage laws;
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws;
- Experience with Intacct accounting software highly preferred.
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
The position requires the minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, accounting/finance, or similar field, OR the equivalent years of professional related experience;
Minimum experience of 3 years in experience in a similar role.
- Exempt salaried role
- 401(K) employer matching program
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
- Advancement opportunities
- Community service opportunities
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Post a Job