Accountant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant
CPA Accountant - Senior Tax Accountant
$75K+ CPA to help run a small firm based in the Cary-Apex area. This is a really incredible opportunity to help grow this established firm and grow with the firm with ownership/partnership opportunities in the very near future. Established public accounting firm is looking for a full or part time Senior Tax & Accounting Associate. The ideal candidate MUST have a NC CPA license and 5+ years of corporate, partnership, and individual tax experience. Audit experience a plus. The position requires:
- Work full time while also working overtime from January 1 to April 15 and as needed throughout the year; comp time available after
- Experience with Creative Solutions Software, Quickbooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identification of opportunities for expanded services to existing clients including business development
- Development of outside relationships with a goal to foster long-term business development opportunities (through membership involvement with professional groups, community service and personal relationships)
- Perform other essential duties as needed An excellent benefits package is available.
Please forward your resume, letter of application and salary requirements for consideration. EOE
- Tax Accounting: 5+ years
- Public Accounting: 5+ years
- Accounting: 7+ years
Accountant II - Revenue Accountant (5236 )
Accountant II - Revenue Accountant (5236 ) Finance Dayton, Ohio Apply Description Position at Taylor Communications Summary: The Accountant II - Revenue Accountant position will support the entire Company by ensuring month end transactions are recorded timely and in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
This person will be involved in the monthly close process including journal entry and account reconciliation preparation, variance analysis, and financial reporting. This person will work closely with Finance team members, location personnel and other corporate departments. This position requires a detail oriented person with initiative, good judgment, persistence and the ability to learn systems quickly. Responsibilities Include: + Monthly closing activities, including journal entry preparation and possible review of journal entries prepared by others + Reconciling and reviewing general ledger accounts to verify transactions have been recorded properly + Review, research, and provide recommendations on various revenue recognition applications according to US GAAP + Possible review of general ledger account reconciliations prepared by others + Review and analyze financial statement variances + Prepare audit work papers and respond to questions/requests from internal and external auditors + Maintain work instructions and procedures for all tasks + Proactively improve processes, accuracy and efficiency + Develop and maintain proper internal controls and documentation of processes and job duties + Provide and participate in cross-training as appropriate + Provide assistance to other functional areas during monthly close + Participate in self-development in order to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills required for the position
- Assist with additional projects as assigned Minimum Qualifications: + Undergraduate degree in Accounting; advanced degree a plus + Preparing for certification is minimum requirement / CPA certified or CMA a plus + 3-5 years relevant accounting experience; public accounting or corporate accounting a plus + Working knowledge of revenue recognition and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) + Ability to work independently and on a team, meet deadlines, and an interest in identifying and resolving problems + Experience with automated accounting systems (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, BaaN/Infor, Peoplesoft, etc.) + Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) + Detail oriented with excellent organizational and strong analytical skills, interest in identifying and resolving problems + Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management + Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to establish credibility, make decisions and forge relationships About Our Company Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Eligible employees may take advantage of our health, dental, and vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment. Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time.
By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, and commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications. For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.*cb
Senior Accountant / Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
Grow with Sullivan & Company, CPAs!
Bethesda CPA firm seeks entry level and experienced professional accountants for long term position working with individuals and small and medium sized businesses. Public accounting experience a plus! Family and employee friendly environment. Salary commensurate with experience + benefits, including paid overtime, health/dental/vision insurance, pension plan, paid parking, professional advancement and professional challenges. Experienced accountants interact directly with clients. The duties of these positions would include:
1. Provide outsourced accounting solutions to businesses of all sizes and industries with preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting and financial statements. Candidate should be familiar with and have a working knowledge of QuickBooks, Easy Accounting, or a comparable general ledger software system.
2. Preparation of year end Form 1120 corporation income tax return and other business returns
3. Tax planning for businesses and individuals
4. Providing business and tax advice to individuals and businesses
5. Preparation of payroll Forms 941, state unemployment, W-2s. Candidate should be familiar with payroll withholding and preparation of payroll forms.
6. Bank reconciliations -- Candidate should be familiar with QuickBooks bank reconciliation part of the program or similar software
7. Preparation of sales tax returns
See www.eSullivan.net for description of our company and our team.
Conveniently located at Bethesda Metro on the Red Line.
Staff Accountant / Tax Accountant
Staff Accountant / Tax Accountant
About the Job
Stein Rouff & Associates is a Farmington Hills based certified public accounting firm seeking an experienced accounting associate, who is looking to enhance their professional career in a firm that provides accounting, tax and business expertise to our diverse and growing client base. As a result of this growth, we have career opportunities for senior and staff level accountants to join our team.
Responsibilities to include:
· Preparation of reviewed and compiled financial statements.
· Periodic accounting and work-paper preparation.
· Conduct tax research and planning for corporate, partnership, and individual clients.
· Prepare tax compliance for corporate, partnership, and individuals for federal, multiple states and city jurisdictions using Ultra Tax software.
· Work with clients in a wide variety of industries.
· Maintain significant client contact and interaction.
· Minimum of bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
· Minimum of two years of public accounting experience.
· Experience in preparation of reviewed and compiled financial statements.
· Experience in tax compliance for corporate, partnership, and individuals entities.
· Microsoft Word and Excel Skills.
· Working knowledge of Creative Solution products (UltraTax, Accounting CS and Fixed Asset CS) a plus.
· Working knowledge of QuickBooks for client support and data transfer.
We offer excellent pay, benefits, a retirement program, and a pleasant working environment. Candidates should be searching for a career in public accounting, with potential for unlimited personal growth and compensation. As such, this is a full time permanent position with long-term client management opportunities.
Please submit your resume, salary requirements and daytime telephone by
· Two Years Public Accounting: 2 years
Accountant - Staff Accountant
We are looking for an Accountant with a minimum of 4+ years’ experience to join our team.
You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience in tax and/or attestation service
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Licensed CPA or in the process of obtaining license
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel)
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
We Take Pride in Our People
At Day Seckler, we consider our employees to be our greatest competitive advantage. We attribute our long-standing reputation for excellence to the talent, integrity and professionalism of our team members – and we pride ourselves in being a fun and challenging place to build a career. Not only do we search for people with technical accounting expertise and an innovative spirit, we look for those who are friendly, approachable and who have great people skills. As a result, our office is an enjoyable and exciting place to be for both our clients and our employees.
We Offer You an Invaluable Experience
Our firm has a unique set of benefits that you cannot find in a large corporate office. At Day Seckler, the climb up the corporate ladder can be much shorter and rewarding, as each of our employees plays a vital role in our organization. Further, our low partner-to-staff ratio means our partners work closely with our associates throughout each client engagement – which is an invaluable learning experience early in your career. Most importantly, we recognize and appreciate the importance of your work/life balance, taking a genuine interest in preserving the quality of your life outside of the office.
Accountant - CPA - Certified Public Accountant
Moadeb & Associates, Inc.
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
CPA: Full Time
West Los Angeles medium size tax firm is seeking experienced tax professional with CPA license minimum three plus year experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- In depth knowledge and experience of tax concepts related to Individuals, C Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, Estates and Trusts. Grasp of accounting and financial statement concepts and preparation of financial statement.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Quick Books and tax preparation software – Lacerte.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is required in a fast speed environment.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve issues, perform research and demonstrate critical thinking to implement tax advice to respond to new legislation and planning.
- Self-motivator with excellent organizational skills.
We provide a very competitive compensation package includes paid vacation, continue education, health insurance and profit sharing. Salary range is commensurate with experience.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost Accountant / Staff Accountant
Qualifications and Competencies:
+ Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
+ 2 - 4 experience in general accounting, cost accounting or with inventory related issues.
+ Strong PC skills to include Excel and database applications.
+ Working knowledge of ERP systems helpful. Sage 100 experience a plus.
+ Able to use manufacturing software. Ability to be the project leader for ongoing development and implementation of ERP/MRP system.
+ Assist production team and CFO with development and maintenance of standard costs, bills of material and expense and cost control management.
+ Be responsible for monthly physical inventory counts and valuation of same. Develop cycle counting plan and procedures as ERP/MRP is implemented.
+ Research various technology upgrades for production and inventory management.
+ Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Will interact with various departments and personnel.
+ Versatility to move into other roles within the Accounting Department to gain broad-based professional experience. Be able to back up other staff members with routine transaction processing, data entry, payroll processing and monthly closings.
Accountant Specialist/Sr. Accountant Specialist
Accountant Specialist/Sr. Accountant Specialist Job ID #: 15742 Location: TX-HOUSTON Functional Area: Accounting Position Type: Full Time Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years Relocation Provided: No Education Required: Bachelors Degree RC/Department: 0065 -KMI - CONTROLLER :KMI Position Description Support Corporate Accounting Director position with broad responsibility for SOX compliance and internal controls administration, corporate accounting functions, technical research, and special projects. This position may be filled as either an Accountant Specialist or Sr. Accountant Specialist with pay and level commensurate with skills, education, and experience. Essential duties and responsibilities:
Assist the SOX Compliance Director with designing and implementing accounting process improvements
Assist the SOX Compliance Director with administration of the SOX program
Assist the SOX Compliance Director with coordination of the external audit
Assist with research of accounting issues and drafting of accounting position papers that present the Company’s position with technical accounting topics
Respond to accounting inquiries from accounting management.
Regularly use sharepoint, spreadsheets, power point, and word processing software
Participate in accounting-related projects (e.g. ASC 606 revenue recognition, ASC 842 lease implementation) Position Requirements Position Requirements: Job level commensurate with experience and skill set. Minimum requirements: Education: - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required
General understanding of the energy industry and familiarity with industry terminology Experience/Specific Knowledge:
Minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting-related position
Possess and maintain a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to perform research of related complex areas, and draft accounting position papers
Experience and knowledge in SOX requirements
Experience and knowledge in SEC reporting is a plus
Strong teamwork skills Certification, Licenses & Registrations:
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel) - Certified public accountant is a plus Competencies, Skills & Abilities: - Intermediate to advanced proficiency level with Microsoft software, including but not limited to: Excel and Word
Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify potential accounting and disclosure issues, and determine requirements from applicable US GAAP accounting guidance
Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, and maintain strict confidentiality
Ability to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines, and work with minimal direct supervision
Ability to work effectively in a small group environment as a cooperative team member, take direction from others, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to required work schedules
Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with others
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to create well written accounting memorandums
Ability to identify, understand, and meet/exceed expectations in an employee/employer relationship
Ability to perform the required and expected duties with minimal supervision
Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job
Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance
Will work non-traditional hours as needed
Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public
Occasional but infrequent domestic or international travel away from the local area may be required
Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and professionalism
Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Associate Technical Accountant Or Technical Accountant
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services.
We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role Researches technical accounting standards and develops polices to support compliance with regulatory standards. Provides global technical accounting support to finance and business leaders. Partners with other corporate departments such as Tax, Legal, Corporate Accounting and various financial reporting teams in the preparation of the company’s SEC filings (10-Q/10-K) and disclosures.
Prepares written technical accounting and financial reporting position papers for review by management and external auditors; including SEC reporting, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, segment reporting, impairment, equity-method investees, acquisitions and discontinued operations. Reviews and assesses third-party valuation of fair value of investments and serves as a liason for the company’s investments through third-party private equity firms. Participates in forecasting and budgeting activities for the business to include reviewing actual as well as projecting budget and forecasted amounts for share-based payments and private equity investments.
Supports development and communication of monthly financial reports for use by the Chief Accounting Officer and Controller to members of the executive team. What Part Will You Play? + Researches complex accounting issues that arise as a result of acquisitions and divestitures. Supports accounting-related, qualitative and quantitative analysis projects associated with potential acquisitions, investments, mergers, divestitures, financings, capital projects and other proposed transactions that require review by the Executive Review and Risk Committee and/or Board of Directors.
May provide associated consulting services to operating units as required to assist in M&A work. May support technical accounting analysis; recommend appropriate accounting and disclosure treatment and draft supporting memorandum to document and explain technical accounting conclusions.
As a key technical resource, researches all accounting standards and recommends relevant changes to senior leaders. May draft comments, for review by senior leaders, to regulatory bodies.
Leads moderately complex projects related to the adoption and timely implementation of new accounting pronouncements across all areas of the company in compliance with applicable accounting standards. Reviews contracts, leases, and other agreements and transactions to ensure all potential accounting issues are identified, summarized and present findings to senior leaders in a timely manner. Supports research of accounting literature and apply technical standards and analysis to moderately complex business issues and transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions.
Coordinates with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions to assist and support SEC reporting. May draft various sections, including Notes and MD&A for review by senior leaders. Reviews external reporting documents (including Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q) and Board of Director materials for accuracy.
Supports review and assessment of valuation of company's investments by third-party private equity firm. Coordinates timely receipt of documents and capital calls and prepares draft documentation of changes in fair value.
Gathers and analyzes data to support leaders in counsel to Human Resources on the accounting for Executive Compensation and share-based payment awards (options and performance shares). Coordinates with external third-party to review and assess Black-Scholes and Monte Carlo calculations of stock options. Ensure all monthly activities related to shared based payment awards are completed accurately and timely including monthly accounting entries and account reconciliations.
What Are We Looking For in This Role? Minimum Qualifications + Bachelor's Degree + Relevant Experience or Degree in: Accounting, Finance or related degree or qualifying certification (CPA, CMA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA Certification) + Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp + Experience in industry Preferred Qualifications + Certified Public Accounting (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities? + Skills / Knowledge
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Financial Reporting based on US GAAP, US Statutory Accounting Standards issued by FASB & SEC - In depth knowledge of and ability to apply acceptable methods and guidelines for financial reporting + Microsoft Office
- Proven experience in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!! US Applicants:TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
For more information about your rights, click here. Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process.
For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
The people of TSYS® and Netspend® are part of something bigger. We have the opportunity to touch millions of people and businesses each and every day - both a tremendous honor and a huge responsibility. We are known around the world for the passion and enthusiasm we bring to the business of payments.
TSYS team members are the best and brightest in the industry, with both the drive and ambition required in today's market. We have yet to find limits to what our people can accomplish together. Our family of companies offers a wide array of careers in which team members can leverage their skills and advance their future, while helping TSYS succeed in delighting customers around the world.
We want to help candidates find the right fit within the TSYS family and in the right location. Visit our career sites for more information about TSYS and Netspend.
Tax Accountant - Certified Public Accountant - CPA
Our mission is to be the trusted advisor for each client providing strategic solutions and exceptional service, while building relationships of mutual respect. We provide our team extensive training and support in their commitment to excellence. Our friendly team is focused on identifying opportunities for profitability. Innovative productive performance is encouraged and rewarded.
What's in it for You:
Salary very competitive with similar size and larger firms. Medical benefits, retirement plan. Business casual and friendly staff. Excellent opportunity for professional growth leading to partnership for highly motivated talented person.
CPA or working towards certification
3 to 6 years experience with a CPA firm
Must have hands-on client experience
Experience with tax preparation and planning for a diverse clientele:
Individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts
Experience with GAAP financial statements and audits helpful
Software skills: Tax software, QuickBooks, Excel
Ability to handle complex tax issues
Knowledge of social media and its role in public accounting firms
No Outside Solicitations