Accountant Job Description Sample
Cloud Tax Accountant / Accountant
- Maintain bank and credit card reconciliations for our diverse portfolio of accounting clients, which are primarily managed on a monthly basis
- Ability to take initiative and identify errors, deadlines or tasks that need to be completed in a timely manner
- Managing client communication via email and software in the beginning and eventually via phone.
- Prepare Partnership, Corporate and Individual Tax Returns
You'll fit in excellent if you have:
Knowledge of accrual and cash basis methods.
- A high level of competency in technology: You are technologically savvy and are capable of adapting and learning new software at a high level under both instruction and on your own.
- Communication skills: You have a great personality, high level of comfort on the phone or in person and leadership qualities.
- Qualification and
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree. CPA or EA license preferred or in process, but not required.
- Excel experience: Although Accountant In A Box does not focus exclusively on excel due to the automation of software applications, it is very important to have a proficiency in excel.
- Passion: A passion for business, helping people and desiring to be a part of a growing team!
- Tax Knowledge and Experience: Basic to intermediate knowledge of tax preparation for Individual, Partnerships and S Corporations at a minimum.
- Minimum of 3 years Experience (CPA Firm experience recommended)
- $42,000 to $52,000 depending on experience
- Quarterly Performance-Based Bonuses
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Great work/life balance that is contrary to traditional accounting firms.
Tax Accountant Or Senior Tax Accountant
To do this job, the candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Handle multiple assignments
- Ability to complete engagements on time
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to use standard computer software applications
- Must posses professional communication, interpersonal, analytical some and research skills
- Ability to apply basic technical knowledge to engagements
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Prepare tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships and trusts.
- Research basic tax issues.
- Prepare journal entries and perform accounting functions necessary for the preparation of tax returns.
- Prepare projections and other analyses
- Interface with Accounting & Audit and other departments as necessary
The qualified candidate will have:
- 2 to 5 years of public accounting tax experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field) and CPA or CPA candidate designation
- A master’s degree in Tax (completed or in progress) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of CCH ProSystem fx Tax a plus.
Accountant - Financial Transaction Accountant
Title: Financial Transaction Accountant
Location: 18930 78th Street, Chanhassen, MN- 55317
∙ Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
∙ Must have large ERP AP system experience, Microsoft AX Dynamix software knowledge preferred
∙ Experience filing sales/use tax returns as well as 1099 filing experience
∙ Must possess strong communication, analytical and organizational skills. Attention to detail and accuracy are important
∙ Computer proficiency with Excel experience required (pivot table)
∙ Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work Education and/or Experience
∙ Required 2 year accounting degree
Essential Duties and
∙ Accounts Payable
∙ Oversees the processing of accounts payable for all locations in North America
∙ Set up and maintaining of vendor master files including ACH payment
∙ Process International invoices
∙ Check invoices for proper coding of account numbers
∙ Enter and file accounts payable batches as required
∙ Interact with purchasing and receiving departments at all locations to resolve discrepancies
∙ Also work with departments on process improvements among purchasing, receiving and accounts payable
∙ Respond to incoming phone calls and emails concerning payable issues from vendors and internal personnel
∙ Prepare weekly Check/ACH/Wire payment proposals General Ledger
∙ Prepares monthly accounts payable accruals
∙ Reviews accounts for accuracy and proper recording
∙ Reconciles accounts payable subsidiary system to general ledger
∙ Also prepares account reconciliations for other select balance sheet accounts
∙ Enters inter-company invoices and properly allocates expenses to proper accounts Other
∙ Prepares sales/use tax returns monthly, quarterly, and annually for multiple states
∙ Prepares annual 1099 reporting
∙ Reviews fixed assets project invoices for proper tax and freight coding
∙ Participates in process improvements as needed
∙ Performs other duties as assigned
We are ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:2004 Rev C certified, as well as a Minority Business Enterprise.
Our mission is to provide solutions for global organizations of all sizes through candidate proficiency, innovative technology, and process enhancements for engineering and IT advancement.
Associate Accountant / Accountant
Ashland LLC has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Accountant / Accountant at our campus located in Dublin. OH. This position is in Dublin, OH. As an Associate Accountant / Accountant you will be resonsible for the following:
Help with the preparation of consolidated monthly profit estimate, profit summary and financial statements.
Ensure compliance with applicable corporate accounting SOX related matters
Prepare financial statement pages for publishing of the monthly Financial Summary and Supplemental Financial Reports
Perform monthly corporate accounting general ledger work (i.e. account reconcilations)
Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet and income statement flux analysis This position is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Minimum of 1 year accounting and financial experience
SAP/financial systems knowledge preferred
Superior interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated management and leadership skills
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center.
Once there, enter job number 2018-7043 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line. NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position. Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE:
ASH) is a premier global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are 6,000 passionate, tenacious solvers - from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators - who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Ashland also maintains a controlling interest in Valvoline Inc. (NYSE:
VVV), a premium consumer-branded lubricant supplier. Visit ashland.com to learn more. C-ASH Ashland. always solving™ We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications. The Ashland Way Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
Our vision is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials. Our mission is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our way is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. External Company URL: http://www.ashland.com//
Senior Accountant / Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
Grow with Sullivan & Company, CPAs!
Bethesda CPA firm seeks entry level and experienced professional accountants for long term position working with individuals and small and medium sized businesses. Public accounting experience a plus! Family and employee friendly environment. Salary commensurate with experience + benefits, including paid overtime, health/dental/vision insurance, pension plan, paid parking, professional advancement and professional challenges. Experienced accountants interact directly with clients. The duties of these positions would include:
1. Provide outsourced accounting solutions to businesses of all sizes and industries with preparation of monthly and quarterly accounting and financial statements. Candidate should be familiar with and have a working knowledge of QuickBooks, Easy Accounting, or a comparable general ledger software system.
2. Preparation of year end Form 1120 corporation income tax return and other business returns
3. Tax planning for businesses and individuals
4. Providing business and tax advice to individuals and businesses
5. Preparation of payroll Forms 941, state unemployment, W-2s. Candidate should be familiar with payroll withholding and preparation of payroll forms.
6. Bank reconciliations -- Candidate should be familiar with QuickBooks bank reconciliation part of the program or similar software
7. Preparation of sales tax returns
See www.eSullivan.net for description of our company and our team.
Conveniently located at Bethesda Metro on the Red Line.
Associate Technical Accountant Or Technical Accountant
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services.
We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role Researches technical accounting standards and develops policies to support compliance with regulatory standards. Provides global technical accounting support to finance and business leaders. Partners with other corporate departments such as Tax, Legal, Corporate Accounting and various financial reporting teams in the preparation of the company’s SEC filings (10-Q/10-K) and disclosures.
Prepares written technical accounting and financial reporting position papers for review by management and external auditors; including SEC reporting, share-based compensation, revenue recognition, segment reporting, impairment, equity-method investees, acquisitions and discontinued operations. Reviews and assesses third-party valuation of fair value of investments and serves as a liason for the company’s investments through third-party private equity firms. Participates in forecasting and budgeting activities for the business to include reviewing actual as well as projecting budget and forecasted amounts for share-based payments and private equity investments.
Supports development and communication of monthly financial reports for use by the Chief Accounting Officer and Controller to members of the executive team. What Part Will You Play?
Researches complex accounting issues that arise as a result of acquisitions and divestitures. Supports accounting-related, qualitative and quantitative analysis projects associated with potential acquisitions, investments, mergers, divestitures, financings, capital projects and other proposed transactions that require review by the Executive Review and Risk Committee and/or Board of Directors.
May provide associated consulting services to operating units as required to assist in M&A work. May support technical accounting analysis; recommend appropriate accounting and disclosure treatment and draft supporting memorandum to document and explain technical accounting conclusions.
As a key technical resource, researches all accounting standards and recommends relevant changes to senior leaders. May draft comments, for review by senior leaders, to regulatory bodies.
Leads moderately complex projects related to the adoption and timely implementation of new accounting pronouncements across all areas of the company in compliance with applicable accounting standards. Reviews contracts, leases, and other agreements and transactions to ensure all potential accounting issues are identified, summarized and present findings to senior leaders in a timely manner. Supports research of accounting literature and apply technical standards and analysis to moderately complex business issues and transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions.
Coordinates with external auditors to provide requested documentation regarding financial statements and accounting treatment for specific transactions to assist and support SEC reporting. May draft various sections, including Notes and MD&A for review by senior leaders. Reviews external reporting documents (including Forms 8-K, 10-K and 10-Q) and Board of Director materials for accuracy.
Supports review and assessment of valuation of company's investments by third-party private equity firm. Coordinates timely receipt of documents and capital calls and prepares draft documentation of changes in fair value.
Gathers and analyzes data to support leaders in counsel to Human Resources on the accounting for Executive Compensation and share-based payment awards (options and performance shares). Coordinates with external third-party to review and assess Black-Scholes and Monte Carlo calculations of stock options. Ensure all monthly activities related to shared based payment awards are completed accurately and timely including monthly accounting entries and account reconciliations.
What Are We Looking For in This Role? Minimum Qualifications
Relevant Experience or Degree in: Accounting, Finance or related degree or qualifying certification (CPA, CMA, ACA, CIMA, ACCA Certification)
Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
Experience in industry Preferred Qualifications
Certified Public Accounting (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
Skills / Knowledge
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
Financial Reporting based on US GAAP, US Statutory Accounting Standards issued by FASB & SEC - In depth knowledge of and ability to apply acceptable methods and guidelines for financial reporting
- Proven experience in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!! US Applicants:TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
For more information about your rights, click here. Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process.
For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.
The people of TSYS® and Netspend® are part of something bigger. We have the opportunity to touch millions of people and businesses each and every day - both a tremendous honor and a huge responsibility. We are known around the world for the passion and enthusiasm we bring to the business of payments.
TSYS team members are the best and brightest in the industry, with both the drive and ambition required in today's market. We have yet to find limits to what our people can accomplish together. Our family of companies offers a wide array of careers in which team members can leverage their skills and advance their future, while helping TSYS succeed in delighting customers around the world.
We want to help candidates find the right fit within the TSYS family and in the right location. Visit our career sites for more information about TSYS and Netspend.
Staff Accountant / Cost Accountant
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of the daily reporting, cost accounting, and the reporting of the financial results. They will be responsible for posting AR cash, closing of manufacturing orders and working directly with operations on cost improvement activities and within the department to improve departmental efficiencies. The position will support the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
Key Responsibilities % Time
Cost Analysis / month end closing / financial reporting 30%
Reporting of MFG Metrics 25%
Staff accounting work 20%
AR Cash Posting and Credit / Collections 20%
AP invoice review 5%
Cost Analysis / month end closing / financial reporting ( 30%)
• Development of the costs for new parts and the annual cost updates
• Review and close MFG work orders
• Complete MFG costs analysis for the monthly close
• Participate in the completion of the monthly financial results, forecasts, budgets
• Inventory transaction review and posting
Reporting of MFG Metrics ( 25%)
• KPI creation and reporting requirements that are daily, weekly, and monthly
• Work with the MFG to understand variances
Staff accounting work ( 20%)
• Journal Entries
• Review and post general ledger activity
• Account Reconciliations
• Audit support
AR Cash Posting and Credit / Collections ( 20%)
• Review AR invoices prior to posting
• Apply cash to invoices
• Balance AR aging
• Review aged items and contact customers
AP Review ( 5%)
• Review accounts payable invoices prior to posting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or higher
• Fundamental Knowledge of GAAP
• 2-5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong Excel skills, Power point, and Word
• Detail and deadline-oriented
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• ERP Experience is required (Microsoft Dynamics is a plus)
• Must have good hearing and sight – adequate for safety programs in a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing of stairs, use of computer monitor screen, talking, writing, listening
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. or occasionally lift up to 35 lbs.
• Ability to wear proper safety equipment when working in the laboratory or plant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to this position. Pfanstiehl may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees, consistent with company policy.
Pfanstiehl has embarked on a long-term growth and investment plan to build a HPI/HPAPI leader.
Senior Accountant (Staff Accountant Ready To Be Senior)
One of our key SaaS/Online Start-up clients in San Francisco is looking to hire a Senior Accountant due to growth. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate would be someone who is a Staff Accountant ready to be a Senior Accountant and grow into the position. This Senior Accountant will be very hands on and provide daily tactical accounting assistance to the Accounting Manager in all aspects including Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, Bank/Account Reconciliations, Fixed Assets, General Ledger Maintenance, Financial Statement preparation, Month End close, and more. Fun environment with like minded professionals who love working at the company. It will be very apparent during your interview. They believe in working hard but playing harder. Unlimited PTO and flexible schedules. The Accounting Manager is hands off and like professionals who can take smart risks and proactively learn on their own. It's ok to make mistakes but learn from it and ask questions when needed. We are excited to help them staff for this role!
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related
- 3+ years of Accounting Experience
- Ideal is a Staff Accountant ready to be a Senior Accountant
- Strong Excel Skills
- Able to work in a fast pace start-up environment
- Ask questions and can learn on their own
- Proactive, accurate, and strong attention to detail
Summary of Job Duties
- Full cycle accounts payable from initial purchase request to payment of invoices.
- Manage weekly payment schedule in accordance with Company policy and administer disbursements process via manual checks, wires, and ACHs.
- Maintenance of vendor records, and 1099 filings.
- Proactively field, research and respond to internal and external AP inquiries.
- Complete various AP tasks, such as credit card and expense report reconciliations, expense analysis, maintenance of vendor contracts.
- Management of accounts receivable including creation of invoices and research and respond to internal and external AR inquiries.
- Perform reconciliations, including cash, prepaid, AP accruals and record inter company transactions.
- Manage fixed asset ledger, including additions, depreciation and disposals.
- Manage subsidiary funding needs and assist with cash forecasts.
- Prepare commissions calculations and affiliate calculations.
- Maintain deferred revenue and deferred rent schedules
- Provide support for financial audit and monthly accounting related tasks as assigned.
- Assist with budget planning and reporting.
- Lead or assist with cross-functional projects to drive process, control, and improvements.
CPA - Accountant - Certified Public Accountant
Job Located in Jacksonville
What We offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 5 Paid Sick Days
- Complete Flexibility
- Run your Work Like it's your own Business
We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough Account or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to join our rapidly growing firm. In this role, you will demonstrate your expertise in a variety of personal and corporate accounting practices, including payroll and taxes. You must be highly accurate and efficient, utilizing your vast knowledge of the current tax code, upholding our standard of exceptional customer service, and, above all else, providing consistent, accurate accounting services to our clients daily.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct tax interviews with clients
- Request, collect and compile all necessary documents
- Review corporate and personal income tax returns
- Advise business owners and individuals regarding the tax code
- Process state and federal payroll taxes
- Maintain and garner new client relationships
- Monitor and mentor/train junior staff, clerks, and bookkeepers
- Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal regulations at all times
- Uphold the excellent reputation of our firm
- Maintain constant communication with IRS, State Agencies, and our clients
- Provide tax consults and onboarding for new clients
- Maintain highly organized and updated client files
- Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve shared goals
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Quickbooks ProAdvisor certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a CPA in a corporate setting
- Corporate and personal tax experience is a plus
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and financial statements
- Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details
- Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding phone and email etiquette
- Able to thrive in deadline-driven environment
We are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. As a member, we undergo a rigorous review by other CPAs who then render a report on the results of that review. We received an unqualified peer review report for our most recent peer review in 2016 and all-prior peer reviews. Additionally, we are a member of the Private Company Practice Section as well as the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Fund Accountant / Senior Accountant
Kforce has a client searching for a Fund Accountant/Senior Accountant in Boston, Massachusetts (MA).Duties Include:
Responsible for monthly and quarterly closing procedures
Perform compilations of various financial statements
Calculate net asset values, management fees and incentive fees
Analyze and calculate capital calls and distributions
Prepare performance and management reports
Responsible for audits of financial statements and provide supporting documents to auditors
Prepare schedules for tax returns
Review tax returns prepared by third party accountants
Other projects and duties as assigned
College degree * 5 years of accounting experience, including periodic closing of general ledgers and reporting
Understanding of tax reporting for partnership and corporate entities
Understanding of U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
Experience in property or real estate accounting a plus
Experience with Great Plains or other accounting databases a plus
Audit experience and CPA license a plus
Strong Excel skills
Excellent communication skills Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Compensation:75000.00Maximum Compensation:*85000.00
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!