Accountant Cost Job Description Sample
Provides detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems, applying principles of cost accounting. Plans study and gathers data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor. Analyzes data obtained and documents results.
Plans and conducts comprehensive studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the unit. Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports and data, and prepares subsequent narrative analysis for management. Plans and conducts in-depth studies to determine cost of business activities. Recommends budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures. Analyses financial data, and extracts and clarifies relevant information. Interprets data to determine past financial performance and/or to project financial probability. Reviews costs and performs cost/benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs. Develops financial reports to determine forecasts, trends and results analysis. Records, classifies and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Interprets financial transactions and events for economic or business decision-makers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Key financial creator to support Operations in primarily in Lewiston Idaho location.
Lead the preparation of annual plan and forecast data including material, labor, burden variances and total Operations expenses.
Provides key financial insight to Manufacturing (Ops, Production Engineering, and Quality) in a timely manner.
Leads financial analysis of monthly spending trends to ensure return on investment goals are achieved. Works extensively with key leadership on maximize organizational objectives.
Provides key analysis on weekly and monthly performance metrics.
Works with Operations leadership team to develop financial targets including key milestone and performance metrics.
Supports Finance and Operation senior leadership functions with any special analysis or projects.
Provide valuable input to the Operations functions to assist in achieving the organizations objectives.
Leads all manufacturing cost accounting activities including cost estimates, and inventory valuation (raw material, work in process, and finished goods).
Implements accounting disciplines necessary to assure accurate standard costs.
Provides cost estimates based on current costs in support of pricing decisions.
Analyzes manufacturing variances and provides explanations of variances.
Leads the annual standard cost revision including material, labor, and overhead costs for the Manufacturing Departments.
Directs the analysis of standards during development to assure accuracy.
Coordinates preparation of budgets to assure accurate overhead costs and direct labor.
Responsible for inventory control, coordination of cycle count program, and monthly general ledger closings for Operations accounts.
Experience & Education:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
Minimum of five years of experience in finance/accounting supporting a manufacturing organization. Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
Technical knowledge of finance, systems, and accounting with requisite analytical and communication skills.
Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
Experienced in cost accounting and financial planning and analysis.
Established informal leadership (i.e., leading others while not being "the boss") and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to train, organize, and develop less experienced coworkers.
Demonstrated ability to lead process improvement; effective in supporting cross functional teams.
Experience with ERP solutions and report writers.
PC, ERP and multi-dimensional database experience preferred.
Excellent math skills. Knowledge of statistical models and programs. Experience with ADP or other similar payroll systems.
Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.
Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Responsibility: Providing timely and accurate accounting documents
Complexity of duties: The processing and analyzing of accounting information.
Supervision received: Direct oversight by the Controller.
Supervision exercised: Provide direction to co-workers, and may provide supervision of subordinates if applicable.
Working conditions: Usual office working conditions with the occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.
Mental and physical demands: Regularly required to sit or stand, and move about the facility. Required to be able to read documents and computer screens.
Confidential data: Working with sensitive accounting information.
Travel requirements: Some travel between facilities to analyze work processes unique to each business.
Physical demands - Must be able to sit for long periods, some periods of standing, walking, lifting file boxes, speaking, listening, motor coordination skills, and good eyesight for reading documents and data entry. Additional and more specific physical requirements:
HMT is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
PURPOSE: As a Cost Accountant you will directly and actively support the accurate development, maintenance, and fiscal reporting of manufacturing costs & variances. Maintain & Update standard costs and Perform Physical inventories throughout the year.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
Prepare special price requests for international customers and subsidiaries
Provide master data including costs for new products
Administer/manage transfer pricing with Lincoln Electric subsidiaries
Prepare weekly and monthly reporting for the North American Operations including inventory by material type, location and turnover
Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
Administer monthly current cost updates
Report, analyze, and resolve low margins
Participate in physical inventories including data entry, auditing and counting
Work with operations on decreasing manufacturing variances.
Running the physical inventory operating system.
Manage offsite physical inventories.
Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
CPA/CMA certificates and advanced degree are a plus
Minimum 1-3 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; General accounting experience with additional background in cost will be considered
Excellent PC skills required (e.g., Excel, Windows-environment, etc.)
Knowledge of SAP a plus
Must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication skills
Must possess a high degree of flexibility and demonstrate the ability to perform numerous tasks and assignments concurrently
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Welding, ERP, SAP, Data Entry, Manufacturing, Technology, Administrative
Cost Accountant/Accountant will assist in performing accurate and timely costing of finished goods and component standard cost as well as auditing cost structure and posting related journal entries. An understanding of manufacturing standard cost systems and attention to detail.
- Review bills of materials, Item Setup and material base costs for completeness and usability in (ERP) system.
- Review purchase price variance accounts.
- Coordination and counting of physical inventory for variance.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Perform validating and reconciling inventory value as part of the month-end close.
- Perform Standard Cost Review and other inventory and costing analysis as needed.
- General Ledger transaction posting reconciliations.
- Perform analysis of labor and overhead costs.
- Manage regulatory accounting.
- Standard journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist with year-end inventory counts as assigned
- Manage and review fixed assets and depreciation.
- Perform other directly-related appropriate duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience or college courses
- Background in cost accounting, manufacturing and inventory environment is a plus
- Ability to work and collaborate with multi-department teams
- Understanding of inventory costing and purchasing best practices a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong Excel skills
Vapor Bus International is a division of Wabtec Corporation and is the principal door equipment supplier to the North American bus industry. A broad range of products is available for transit and commuter buses, intercity and tour coaches, and utility vehicles.
The company offers complete automatic door systems as well as individual components such as actuators, door controls, door panels, seals, and door accessories. Both pneumatic and electric actuators are available. Control options range from simple electro-mechanical devices to high-capability, microprocessor-based systems.
Vapor maintains strong relationships with transit properties throughout the U.S. and Canada and is an active member in the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and Canadian Urban Transportation Association (CUTA). Vapor strives to understand the needs of the evolving transit industry and to provide products and services that satisfy these needs. Sales and service for Vapor products is provided by representatives located at offices in New York, New York; Buffalo Grove, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; Sacramento, California; Toronto, Ontario; Baltimore, Maryland; Austin, Texas; Manchester, UK, and Sassuolo, Italy. Vapor Bus International is committed to combining the skills and experience of its people with the best equipment and processes to offer world-class solutions for its customers' needs.
Applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies, which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Meet Accounting month-end reporting requirements. Prepares and analyzes month-end manufacturing variances. Prepares inventory and cost journal entries
Co-ordinate and reconcile physical inventory or cycle count activities in lieu of physical. Monitor compliance to ABC cycle counting program throughout the year.
Performs Inventory Excess & Obsolescence review (E&O), and Lower of Cost or Market reviews
Complete annual standard cost revision. Update material costs, outside process costs, labor and overhead rates. Review impact of standards change on the P&L (pro-forma basis) and on product line margins.
Roll initial frozen costs for new items on a timely basis during the year to meet timing of part usage for order entry, etc.
Perform required cost maintenance to insure inventory transactions and cost of sales are properly recorded.
Updates and reviews pending (current) standard costs monthly against frozen standard cost. Reports on large variations and reviews impact on product margins
Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
Prepare monthly efficiency/productivity reports by department
Work with Operations and shop floor to ensure that the correct inventory transactions are utilized, leading to proper inventory/variance reporting and GL transactions.
Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
Identify and report on significant cost changes monthly both on an item-by-item basis and on the overall impact to COS – based on maintaining and reporting on current costs in the Oracle system. Reporting to include changes identified as structure changes and price changes.
Participates on New Product Development teams. During the design phase, tracks estimated product cost versus previously established target costs.
Participates in cost reduction reviews and activities. Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
Participation in kaizen events. Obtain understanding of the manufacturing process through observations and discussions on the plant floor.
Supports initial sales bid quoting of new items/contracts by working with engineering to understand the new product, identify current reference or similar products, and work up cost estimates
Reviews bill of materials and routings for accuracy
Reviews sales and margin reports by product line and investigates deviations in margin from forecast/plan.
Complete Sarbanes-Oxley assessment for Inventory.
Bachelor's Degree (B. S.). Four to ten years related cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
Experience with fully integrated ERP systems - Oracle R12 (or similar software)
Strong Microsoft Office computer skills – Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, etc.), Word, Outlook.
Ability to prepare well-constructed spreadsheets demonstrating a high degree of financial acumen and visual appeal
Excellent communication skills, detail oriented and flexible.
A sense of urgency with the ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
Be accountable for work, make suggestions for process improvements and function as a team player.
Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Flexible and adaptable, with a hands-on, rollup the sleeves attitude
Interfaces with all levels of management
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with ERP cost accounting, inventory, and shop floor reporting systems. Experience with Oracle is helpful. Advanced user of MS Excel, including pivot tables, lookup tables, etc.)
Sr Cost Accountant - Accounting
At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose:We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
MBCI is the industry leading manufacturer of metal roof and wall systems, including six separate standing seam roofing systems. MBCI has always and continues to provide the metal construction industry with the highest quality products and services available to architects, owners and contractors. MBCI is a division of NCI Building Systems.
NCI Building Systems is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of metal building components, custom engineered metal building systems and metal coil coaters in North America.
With Corporate Headquartersin Houston, Texas, NCI Building Systems has 44 facilities throughout the U.S.,Canada and Mexico. Successful accretive and organicgrowth continues to propel the company ahead as the leader in the metalbuildings industry and is creating exciting opportunities. We currently have a need for an experienced
Senior Cost Accountant for our Commercial Business Unit in Houston,Texas. This position will have workings with 9 of our manufacturing facilities.
This positionreports to the Cost Accounting Manager and will have frequent contact with
Plant and other Operations Staff.
Core Responsibilities Include:
Maintain and ensure accurate analysis and reporting of inventory
Analyze cost variances and calculate and analyze inventory reserves
Provide support with month-end close, physical inventory, cycle counting and manufacturing reporting
Analyze standard cost updates and new part setups
Support the Manufacturing/Operations departments with various analyses
Assist with process improvement relating to inventory, demand flow, manufacturing operations and cost of sales
Prepare schedules and support outside and internal audit procedures and SOX compliance
Assist in various research and analysis projects as needed
Oracle and SQL experience are a plus
Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
Must possess analytical ability to research and prepare complex reports
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization
Minimum 3 years Cost Accounting or General Accounting experience
4-year Accounting or Finance degree
Experience with inventory accounting and standard cost systems
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensurethat the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder theemployee's performance due to physical, mental, or emotional disability.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
14031 W Hardy Rd, Houston, TX 77060, USA
Project Cost Accountant
Streamline Chemical, LLC provides environmentally focused, cost effective, patented treatment solutions for treating hydrogen sulfide in natural gas and in produced water for stimulation. Streamline is a growing company that provides the highest quality customer service and a dynamic work environment for employees and Contractors. Veteran owned and operated.
Streamline Chemical, LLC is seeking a candidate to provide administrative, financial, and analytical related support to the project teams. The Project Cost Accountant will take a lead role in tracking and recording project cost and providing financial reports to senior leaders. This candidate must communicate clearly with project managers and internal teams to track and report all project related costs.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Authorize access to project accounts
- Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project
- Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project
- Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
- Report on project profitability to management
- Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
- Respond to requests for more detail from customers
- Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- BA in finance, accounting, or other relevant business area required
- Three plus years’ tracking project cost required
- Three plus years’ project contracts required
- One plus years’ experience in oil and gas industry finance preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of excel and google sheets
- Valid work authorization in the United States.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift a 25lbs or more at a time required
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for 4 hours or more at a time
- Able to pass drug, alcohol, driving, physical, and background check
- Full time, Salary position
- Major medical, dental, and vision for employee and dependents
- Workman’s comp
- Short- term, Long-term disability, and Life insurance
- PTO/ Holidays
- Competitive Wages
- Direct deposit
Job Title: Cost Accountant and Business Systems Manager
Responsible for setting up and maintaining the cost accounting function and implementing a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.Primary
A successful candidate must be able to satisfactorily perform all duties.
- Analyze plant operating costs and ensure costs are appropriately classified between inventoried and non-inventoried costs and are recorded timely and accurately
- Prepare work papers and accruals for month end and post journal entries
- Collect and analyze data to determine costs of business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Manage overall general ledger and annual budget process
- Perform internal control testing and complete reviews. Report findings to leadership and provide suggestions to make controls more robust.
- Analyze inventory prices and ensure prices are accurately reported. Work with operations to understand drivers and identify opportunities to improve.
- Perform plant operating cost analysis and reporting to plant leadership, identifying opportunities and trends to help the plants drive improved profitability.
- Research financial record-keeping and reporting requirements and ensure that systems are modified to meet these requirements.
- Establish best practices for financial systems use and ensure that these practices are used throughout the organization. Manage financial systems analysts and train departmental staff as needed.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Prepare monthly journal entries manually or by initiating electronic creation through our software program.
- Maintain high standards, practices and follow all Company SOP’s.
- Implement a new G/L system and ERP.
- Complete documentation and tracking of all activities to follow all Company, State, and Local requirements and follow all MED rules and regulations
- Assist in creation and implementation of Company policies, procedures and SOP’s.
- Have basic knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Extensive knowledge of department processes.
- Educated with all products offered and methods of use.
- Organized and accurately complete all work in a timely manner.
- Efficient with inventory processes, transfers, sales and supplies.
- Ability to follow directions, perform duties with a positive attitude, take feedback, communicate well with others, and learn new tasks.
- Proficient with the POS system, proprietary lab management software, email communication and computer skills.
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or economics.
- 3+ years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Experience with accounting in ERP environment
- Experience with Power BI
- SAP/CO experience
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience
- CPA, CMA, or MBA
License and Certifications
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Colorado Driver’s License
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Colorado Support Employee License
- Must meet all the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Divisions requirements
Must be able to use or learn Microsoft Office efficiently and must be able to use or learn METRC system efficiently
Company Benefits include health, dental and vision for team members that achieve eligibility requirmements as well as Company incentives and wellness plan. Full-time position $40,000 to $60,000 based on experience and location.
Here's what you'll do:
Shows a tremendous amount off initiative in tough situations (Action Oriented)
Is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities (Action Oriented)
Identify inefficiencies and implement lean practices
Secure highly sensitive and confidential financial data and information
Ensures a strong analytical mindset, business process excellence and critical thinking skills
Complete special projects and requests
Participates in the design in testing of new systems, automated processes, and reporting tools
Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual operational profit and loss statements with variance analysis for packing and juice operations
Preform and complete all tasks to accurately close packing house operational modules for month end close
Perform ad hoc analyses, financial models and reporting of key business metrics
Collaborate with others to develop annual and quarterly forecasting by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures, providing trends, recommending actions, studying proposed changes in methods and materials
Analyze and prepare reports, charts, tables, and other exhibits pertinent to Pool and production performance
Execute tasks with high level of attention to detail
Complete special projects and requests
Study impact of proposed changes in labor and/or materials and recommend changes based on comparative analysis
Monitor, analyze, and report on inventory levels and valuation, production, and various other costs
Preform operational productivity analysis
May include up to 10% travel to support other Wonderful Citrus sites
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or a business-related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3-5 years of financial agriculture, manufacturing or processing related experience
Expert in Fusion reporting tools
High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential data and documentation
Advanced in Excel including pivot tables
Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
Pushes self and helps others achieve results
Excellent analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail
Ability to perform complex level of transactions and analysis
Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators
Solid understanding with Oracle applications or any cloud software-based programs
Knowledgeable with MS Office
Proficient in Smart View
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
On-site gym -- free to employee and spouse
Subsidized on-site restaurants -- Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
Wonderful Wellness Clinic -- Free on-site resource for physicals, check-ups, immunizations, health screenings, pediatrics (for children 5 years of age and older), basic mental health and/or social services, and physical therapy; most prescriptions are provided on-site and completely free
Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
Employee college tuition reimbursement
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
: The Cost Accountant will support the cost accounting function for Texas Hydraulics. This includes but is not limited to standard costing, analyzing costs, and creating analysis to help drive business results.
Develop, understand, and maintain standard costs
Ensure accuracy of inventory valuation through data analysis and communication with supply chain, engineering, and operations
Ability to succinctly report on costs above Gross Profit such as purchase price variance, scrap, production variances, and variable expenses
Perform month end close activities related to cost accounting including Oracles processes, Oracle reports, journal entries and reconciliations
Participate in quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process
Provide operational business support by delivering timely and relevant information and trend data.
Ad hoc information requests such as make/buy analysis and projected cost roll impacts
Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
Other Accounting tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
Minimum 3 years' experience related to cost accounting
Advanced computer skills in Excel with Oracle preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Able to explain complex accounting to non-accountants
Analytical and problem solving skills
Detail-oriented and accuracy focused
Judgement and decision-making ability
Persuasive and Influential
Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a Cost Accountant for our Vandalia, OH location. The purpose of this position is to provide and interpret financial information to the leadership and management team of the organization. The Cost Accountant coordinates compliance with variance analysis, standard costing, budgeting and forecasting, for North American entities / companies and Johnson Electric HQ.
This function is critical to effective communication within the Vandalia facility of all cost and cost driver information. In addition, it may be necessary to communicate between North America and Hong Kong, and between North America and Europe. The Cost Accountant must understand the Operations and Functional aspects of the business as well as the Accounting processes and procedures.
- Be the "right-hand" of the IPG finance and business team, the Vandalia Site Manager, and the IPG Controller in ensuring that operations and BU management are provided with critical, pertinent, timely, accurate, and actionable information, used to run the business and mitigate risk
- Standard Costing- Ensure BOM and routing audits take place per standard operating procedures. Test standards and understand variances. Calculate direct labor and overhead standards annually in accordance with direction, but always questioning assumptions to ensure standards are business appropriate. Update standards, advise on costs to decision makers
- Standard Costing- Work with multiple systems (Movex / Oracle) and be able to set standards in accordance with Global direction. Importantly, be able to communicate the basis and drivers of those standards to non financial management
- Assist project management in developing accurate discounted cash flow models to support request for quotes
- Take on projects or initiatives as required by NA Finance with regard to topics or processes etc and improve, standardize, ensure compliance to SOP etc. This may involve regional responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of the budget process of all Vandalia companies, to ensure compliance with site, regional and JEHQ budget requirements. Play a critical role in the support of all sites with IPG business as it relates to costing
- Reconcile monthly inventory and prepare reports for inventory, scrap, inventorization etc. Review slow moving (excess) and obsolete inventory and establish systems to eliminate root cause
- Standard monthly reporting for sales (GM%, mix impact etc), materials (PPV, use etc.), DL (rate / efficiency) and other key cost data information
- Assist with various finance and accounting month end tasks
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Ability to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- 3+ years of experience with high level Excel
- Ability to link operational activities to P&L or B/S impact, and to communicate clearly to non financial people
- Ability to navigate multiple ERP's (primarily Oracle), Lotus Notes databases, Cognos databases (e.g. BI Data Warehouse, Cognos Controller, TM1) and SalesForce.com
- Excellent understanding of cost accounting, including variance analysis. Able to easily understand and communicate the drivers of fixed or variable overheads. Preferably one to two years experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Ability to be tenacious with staff in finance, operations, engineering, management etc to ensure accuracy of data, achieve cost reductions, process improvements, material changes etc and thus improve JE business and profitability
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!