Accountant Cost Job Description Sample
Cost Accountant Exceptional Opportunity for Advancement Cutting-Edge corporation is searching for a motivated Cost Accountant to join their team. In the Cost Accountant role, you will be responsible for monitoring unit cost variance, implementing cost standards for materials and labor, preparing cost of goods sold and production reports, and related projects. If you want a challenging opportunity at a prestigious organization with advancement opportunities, this is the position for you!
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948.
Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
2017 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Req ID: 00070-
Functional Role: Account Executive/Staffing Manager
Postal Code:* 95076
- Requirements:* The ideal Cost Accountant candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 3+ years of related experience. Solid organizational, communication, problem-solving and research skills are required.
Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, such as Oracle or Great Plains, is preferred. Certified Public Accountant / CPA credential is a plus. Please send resume to
COST AccountantOur client is seeking a Cost Accountant for Las Vegas, NV.This position reports to VP Finance and would support both domestic andinternational business.We are looking for an experienced financial Senior Accountant, to undertakeall aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting,regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as wellas development of internal control policies and procedures. Financeresponsibilities will also include financial risk management.Responsibilities
Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Auditing, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Finance, Operations and Revenue Recognition, Royalty Accounting and Merchandise Reconciliation.
Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
Research technical accounting issues for compliance
Support month-end and year-end close process
Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Review, evaluate and assess contracts
Additional duties as necessary
Proven working experience as a Project/Cost Accountant* 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
Degree in Accounting
Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
Experience with creating financial statements
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /yearRequired education:* Bachelor's* Required experience:* Accounting: 5 years
Travel may be required based on business needs
Respected and Established organization looking for a Cost Accountant that will be responsible for presenting accurate financial results, maintain adequate internal controls, and drive results within the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Key member in month end closing process preparing accurate and timely journal entries along with financial analysis of results.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare, analyze and action key financial reports within the organization
- Coordinate, plan, & perform annual standard cost update; includes price list management, purchase part analysis, labor/burden studies, and freight/surcharge spend analysis
- Assist in management of Physical Inventory for plant and other facilities
- Perform financial audits and process checks of key internal controls
- Cost out tracking and reporting
- Maintain data integrity and accurate reporting
- Prepare purchase price variances and usage variances reports
We look forward to helping you find the best candidate for an open position inside your company or assisting you as a candidate in finding the right career opportunity!
● Responsible for day to day activities involved in the monthly and quarterly close and assists in the preparation of internal consolidated financial statements for all U.S. companies ensuring compliance with all applicable IFRS, GAAP, Group Accounting and Corporate Capitalization accounting standards.
● Provides accurate and timely posting of all journal entry transactions according to IFRS and U.S. GAAP accounting standards for all operating companies. Maintain well organized journal entry files and evidence of approval.
● Work extensively with Accounts Payable to determine gaps in operating expenses resulting from missing actual postings of invoices from vendors.
● Responsible for reconciling and ensuring accuracy of inventory, capital expenditure, operating expenses and resolving issues as needed.
● Prepares audit schedules for both internal and external audits including SOX compliance.
● Reconcile and analyze donor fee payments and identify any gaps with IT.
● Identifies and prepare non-recurring accrual entries and tracks exceptions to standard accounting/financial policies.
● Assists in analyzing accrual balance sheet accounts for all operating companies, ensuring that all balances are correct and have proper supporting documentation.
● Must have the ability to work on semi-routine assignments following established procedures with minimal direct supervision. Proficient at demonstrating technical and analytical skills, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and/or independent thought.
● Works on accounting problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of variety of factors.
● Prepare month-end and periodic reports for management and ensure accuracy of data presented.
● Designs and enhances processes where possible. Works with management to ensure all processes are properly documented and compliant with internal and external regulations. Reviews existing and proposed regulations and recommends appropriate courses of action. Acts as subject matter expert on projects within Accounting Shared Services
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
5+ of Cost Accounting Analysis experience
Demonstrates superior accounting skills and knowledge
Experience utilizing finance/accounting reporting systems, SAP preferred
Strong MS Excel skills (including pivot tables, V-look up, formula creations, etc)
Working knowledge of Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) would be preferred
Experience with analyzing and reconcile data between different reporting systems
Advanced knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts, practices and procedures
Advanced knowledge of accrual based accounting practices (journal entries and general ledger)
Advanced qualitative and analytical skills
Ability to interact effectively with management and staff at all levels to objectively probe and evaluate data
Excellent verbal, written (including email) communication skills
Excellent project management skills for projects of varying sizes and complexity
Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
Ability to provide leadership and coaching within the accounting function
Possess excellent initiative while working with limited supervision
Cost Accountant - 7088Jd
If you are a Cost Accountant, you may be interested in this permanent job position in Elkhart, Indiana. In this role you will report to the Cost Accounting Manager and be responsible for conducting studies that provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems. This position is responsible for analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, and manufacturing method, or services provided to determine effects on cost. Additional responsibilities include providing cost analysis and support during month end-closing, providing internal cost reporting to management as needed, and reconciling physical inventories at all plants. This position will also assist in the setup of standard cost in our operation.
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Dynamic manufacturing company with operations across the US and in Canada.
- Diversified product offering.
- Long tenured workforce with a proven history of growth with plans to double its size in the next 3 years!
What’s In It for You?
- Career growth and upward mobility within organization
- Excellent compensation, including bonus program and complete benefits package
- Outstanding holiday and vacation plans
- Strong 401k match with profit share
What You Will Be Doing?
- Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes data obtained and records results.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
- Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Develops and maintains cost accounting system.
- Appraises and evaluates real property or equipment for sale, acquisition, or tax purposes.
- Coordinates and maintains item level standard cost, router, material, labor and overhead.
- Reconciles PPV on weekly and monthly basis, including compiling PPV reports and associated ledger movements.
- Validates segment profitability on sales analysis.
- Performs year-end roll and annual cost build (new standards and budget).
- Revalued inventory when standard costs change.
- Prepares analysis for cost rate setting with plant personnel and headquarters management.
- Prepares monthly analysis of Cost of Goods Sold and Inventory for segment profit analysis.
- Computes and records charges, refunds and cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers and account movements.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems for cost of sales and inventory.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
What You Need for This Position?
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or comparable degree and at minimum 5 years accounting-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Cost accounting experience within manufacturing with multiple operations/divisions
- Standard cost accounting
- Experience with cost analysis and month-end closings
- Experience reconciling physical inventories
- Bill of Materials and Routing experience is required
- Must be a quick learner, detail-oriented, analytical
- Effective verbal and written communicator, service oriented and ability to keep matters confidential
- Skilled in MS Excel with the ability to use lookups and pivot tables
Essential Duties and
- Coordinate and provide support in the accounting and finance activities
- Analysis of allowance for LCM
- Creation of control of new products costs
- Checking and control of obsolete and excess of material
- Development and control of the standard and actual cost
- Analysis and control of the profitability vs. standard
- Filing and maintenance of the documentation generated
- Comply with the quality and environment standards procedures and instructions (those applicable)
All those activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
Education and/or Work Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Completed College Degree preferred
- 1 year minimum in the area
- Knowledge of computer packages (MS OFFICE, Excel Proficient)
- Indicators, ABC Costing
- Cost analysis
- Customer service
- Communication techniques
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Basic knowledge of filing systems
- Problem solving techniques
- Financial and accounting updates
- Time Management
Well respected Seacoast manufacturing firm is seeking a Senior Cost Accountant to join their accounting team. This is a key position in the accounting team and there may be room for future growth and advancement.
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible
- Product Costing
- Variance Analysis
- Inventory Analysis
Qualifications of the Senior Cost Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with an MBA or CPA highly desired
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong analytical skills,
- Advanced MS Excel
- Experience using an advanced MRP system.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years
Sr Cost Accountant 11093
Impact Business Group is an elite provider of professional recruitment! Our team leverages 100+ years of industry experience to ensure clients and candidates meet their hiring needs.
Let our recruiters go to work for you! We’re conducting a search for a Sr. Cost Accountant to join an exceptional manufacturing company in Sarasota, FL. This is an outstanding opportunity to be the leader of a cost accounting team. Work will be 50/50 between new and existing products.
The role will work cross functionally with Sales/Marketing/New Products as well as Operations/Supply Chain in reviewing costing for new products, existing products as well as transitions and modifications.
Our client offers OUTSTANDING leadership, a team atmosphere, bonus structure, large ERP accounting exposure, and a pure corporate FP&A environment.
About the Job:
· Performs work order variance analysis daily, providing root cause and corrective actions with Operations collaboration
· Analyzes operating cost including ad hoc studies incorporating labor and machine hours, capacity and utilization, purchase price variance and make/buy analyses; as well as other cost, related projects
· Audits cycle count activity, selection of items to be counted, recount decisions, research of discrepancies, and reporting on root causes and progress toward making improvements for greater quantity and physical accuracy.
Background and Experience:
· 5+ years of cost accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years in a manufacturing environment required. Background must demonstrate a sound understanding of manufacturing and cost accounting principles. Prior experience/use and proficiency of ERP software systems, MS Office Suite, and reporting tools required
· Strong technical accounting skills and experience with cost accounting systems in a manufacturing environment. Must be highly proficient using ERP systems and MS Office products. Must have strong interpersonal skills; work well with associates at all levels; be able to influence and motivate others. Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills, and be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks. Must have a strong work ethic, possess high integrity, and exercise sound judgment.
Cost Accountant (7199Sst)
Our Client is InSearch of a Cost Accountant to join their team! This role is ideal for someone ready to leave public accounting, internal audit or someone early in their accounting career that has a passion for applying accounting standards.This person will provide leadership on how the accounting standards impact the company’s transactions.
- Ensure new accounting standards are applied correctly
- Inform, educate and lead the company on how accounting standards are applied throughout the company
- Write and present briefings to executive management on new transaction types and make recommendation on how to account for those transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3 – 8 years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred, definitely not required
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to educate and guide colleagues from outside of accounting
- Potential to grow higher level of leadership quickly
- Experience in the financial services industry
Senior Cost Accountant (18517)
Our client in the manufacturing/technology industry is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their team in Torrance.
- Analyze inventory cost transfers, issuance, and write offs on an ongoing basis
- Prepares monthly journal entries for production cost write offs
- Analyze inventory variance and reconcile inventory cost (including burdens) to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports of actual production costs
- Implement controls to ensure accurate recording and classification of costs
- Assist in month-end close of the general ledger
- Lead year-end physical inventory and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Analyze inventory valuation, inventory roll forward, and conduct inventory reserve analysis as needed
- Prepare ad hoc management reports as well as audit and tax reports
- Support audits related to inventory activities
- Assist with preparation of cost estimates of new or special products
- Maintains professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Write procedures and recommend new or changes to policies related to inventory activities a monthly basis
- Train others on proper recording of costs or use of system for recording costs
- Special projects as required.
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- MBA or MS Accounting is a plus
- 5+ years solid cost accounting experience
- Experience with ERP system required
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in Excel.
- Strong integrity, high accuracy, detailed, and team player.
We utilize the tools of executive search to select the most qualified candidates in the timeliest manner while reducing the risk associated with hiring through other methods. With over 85% of our business from returning, satisfied clients, and 80% of clients making their final candidate selection within 30 days, our methodology speaks for itself. Visit www.century-group.com for more information and the latest career opportunities.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!