Accountant Property Job Description Sample
Senior Accountant Property Management
Join our fast-paced Real Estate Investment and Property Management Accounting Team!
As a member of our Accounting team our perfect candidate has strong communication and computer skills with an accounting background and strong general ledger knowledge. You must be self-driven, motivated with a positive attitude, Full Cycle Accounting knowledge and have strong documentation habits. Past experience and knowledge should include a clear understanding of property management accounting issues and proficiency in some property management accounting software. Experience with cloud based accounting and document storage applications is a plus, and knowledge of AppFolio is a major plus. Our company seeks an experienced professional to help us manage a rapidly growing accounting department. Personality, technical accounting knowledge and strong communication skills are the key. This person will be working with all levels of transactions and personnel in the company and must have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and shift gears quickly.
· Accountable for timely and accurate financial statements for multiple properties
. Supervise and train accounts receivable, staff accountant and accounts payable positions
· Assist with monthly closing on various properties
· Organize and maintain financial records
· Assist operations team with accounting training
· Create appropriate adjusting journal entries
· Balance inter-company transactions
· Review, reconcile and track recommended investor payments
· Implement and create standard operating procedures
· Collaborate with other team members to assure timely, accurate and consistent reporting across all properties
· Prepare/Review bank reconciliations
· Champion Appfolio tenant module
· Set up new bank accounts with the bank and in AppFolio as needed
· Prepare financial management reports for monthly meetings
· Prepare 1099’s and assist with vendor management
· General Bookkeeping, data and bill entry into Appfolio software, analyze, update and modify reports as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics Preferred
· Supervisor experience required
· 3+ years in Property Management Accounting/Bookkeeping Experience
· Positive, Friendly Attitude
· Extremely Organized Focused on Timeliness, Accuracy and Process Improvement
· Proficient Data/bill Pay Entry and Accrual Accounting concepts
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Paperless Process
· Ability to Prioritize and Multitask
· Deadline and Detail-oriented
· Team Player with Great Communication and Documentation Skills
SANTE Realty Investments is the best way for the ultra-affluent to invest in the U.S. real estate market. Our team of commercial real estate investment professionals takes the complexity out of the traditionally challenging concepts of real estate, investments and taxation issues, to provide an easy solution for clients to enjoy the benefits of fixed income investments with minimized risk and the preservation and growth of long-term wealth.
What We Offer
Investments in high-yield, fixed-income, low risk U.S. properties for ultra-affluent and accredited investors
Tax-exempt returns for Non-U.S. Investors
Tax advantages for U.S. Investors through Self-Directed IRA and other specialized domestic programs
Where We Currently Own Properties
SANTE Realty InvestmentsTM asset portfolio is rapidly expanding into strong markets throughout the U.S. Our current assets are located in the following U.S. states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, Ohio, Texas, Washington
Why We Exist
SANTE Realty Investments (SANTE, meaning to your health in French) was originally founded to drive streamlined real estate investment returns and to help financially support medical treatments for our founder's daughter, who suffers from Rett Syndrome. Through our development of extremely effective acquisitions, deal structuring and asset management processes, SANTE manages numerous highly profitable real estate investment deals and is seeing rapid growth in its client base; while offering greater secured returns to investors and extending our commitment to contribute to global funding of Rett Syndrome therapies, treatments, & ultimately a cure
The Property Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager, maintains property records within accounting system database, amd ensures new tenants, property disposition, amended leases, and renewals are maintained appropriately. This position will also be responsible for preparation of account reconciliation, as well as cross-training in daily cash deposits and applying cash receipts to the respective tenant accounts while working closely with asset management for property and tenant specific matters.
- Reviews lease contracts and enters data into the system (Acquisitions, Dispositions, Amendments, Renewals).
- Updates accounting software for new or amended leases, including property and tenant information.
- Prepares and enters recurring and non-recurring charges in MRI, the real estate property management and accounting software database.
- Enters tenant impound activity in the lease database.
- Cross-trains in cash application and related functions, including depositing checks received on-site.
- Reviews accounts receivable aging reports and records any necessary clean up adjustments.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- Some knowledge of real estate property management and accounting software database a plus (such as MRI or Yardi).
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel (i.e., Pivot table, V-Lookup).
- Ability to research and resolve issues and propose solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2 years of property accounting experience or real estate industry with lease review experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Thomas, Edwards has been recognized many times as one of the Best Places to Work by the Dallas Business Journal. Our award-winning team includes MBAs, CPAs, former Big 4 Auditors, Controllers and Banking professionals.
Are you looking for autonomy in your next CRE role? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment with opportunities to work with highly talented professionals in a team-oriented culture? This position may be a fit if you can bring immediate value through industry knowledge and a self-initiated approach.
Our client is a fast paced, highly successful national developer with a thriving office, industrial, retail and multi-family portfolio. This position is based in Cleveland, OH and offers a variety of benefits inclusive of competitive salary, bonus eligibility, benefit availability, free parking, on-site gym, gym membership and the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people.
This position is responsible for the accounting of real estate assets. The position is generally responsible for the closing the books and records for approximately 12-15 properties and all ancillary accounting related to these assets.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conducting the overall property management accounting and finance functions for your designated portfolio of properties.
Working with the Property Managers to prepare and manage the annual property budgets, forecasting for any significant changes, variance analysis and enforcement of the financial elements of the tenant leases, utility expense and recovery calculations and rent statement back up.
Ensure expenses are properly recorded.
Implement sound cash management practices, balance property check registers, ensure variance analysis explanations are accurate, assist in the quarterly and annual reporting processes, and perform annual CAM analysis.
Become proficient in the use and operation of the Company’s designated accounting system (MRI), and assist managers with the job costing module of MRI.
Perform a certain amount of administrative duties which may either be focused on your portfolio of properties, a certain functional area or some other way that IRG RA chooses to split its administrative tasking.
Work on special projects that will surface from time to time.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in the Real Estate Industry
Be conscientious about achieving deadlines/has accurate work product.
Assume accountability for specific performance.
Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
Detail oriented and very analytical and strong organizational skills
Understand variance analysis when comparing actual to budget or historic results.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel
MRI Software experience a plus
At 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC, we are recruiting talented individuals for the position of Property Accountant.
99 Cents Only Stores is a unique extreme value retailer of primarily name brand consumables and general merchandise. We provide an exciting primary shopping destination for value-conscious consumers, and a fun treasure-hunt shopping experience for individuals and families in our communities! Our corporate associates support our stores in delivering an exemplary experience to customers with a fun, friendly and energetic approach, resourceful problem-solving, and innovating ideas that bring great products at great value to families throughout the communities we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision plans, an outstanding 401K plan, and fantastic career opportunities! If this sounds like your next career step, read on!
The Property Accountant will be responsible for performing rent, common area maintenance (CAM), property taxes and insurance billings and reconciliation functions for assigned owned and leased properties working under the direction of the Real Estate Senior Director. The Property Accountant will also assist the Real Estate Senior Director in ensuring lease –related issues are addressed properly and timely.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of annual budget for assigned properties.
- Reconcile, analyze and audit expenses for triple net based on documentation provided by landlords/property managers and ensuring billings are consistent with lease agreements
- Compute rent annual increases based on lease contracts (i.e., CPI, Fixed, Percentage and others)
- Review, research, update and maintain lease document files (provisions, amendments, extensions, estoppels and snda) for assigned properties.
- Communicate frequently with supervisor of all changes, adjustments and updates that relates to assigned properties.
- Follow-up, send correspondence and resolve all open tenant/landlord issues related to accounting and leases
- Communicate with external tax consultants for real estate taxes for assigned properties.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned from time to time
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent written and communication skills
- 2+ years experience with reviewing contracts/agreements and negotiating with third parties over billings and contractual obligations/performance, etc.
- Ability to read a lease
- Knowledgeable in Common Area Maintenance (CAM) Audits
- Property Management Experience Preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet required deadlines
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Ready to start or grow your Finance & Accounting career? Randstad Professionals specializes in Finance & Accounting staffing and helps over 1000 professionals start and grow their career each year. We have an immediate opportunity for a Property Accountant with full cycle accounting experience.
You could work for one of Orange County's fastest growing Property Management Companies.
Property Accountant Job Duties
As a Property Accountant, you will be responsible for full cycle accounting for multiple properties including accounts payable, billing, journal entries and back reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to learn quickly and produce accurate work in a fast paced environment.
Bachelors degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
Minimum of 4 years' experience.
Strong Excel skill.
Experience with Sage, Peachtree or Yardi is a plus.
$22-25$ per hour
When we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and the best talent interviews with the employer face to face - we will move quickly!
Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today. Not ready to apply or have questions? Call Ashley at .
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Property And Sales Tax Accountant - Contract
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Property and Sales Tax Accountant - Contract is an operational and analytical position with a wide variety of duties, including assisting the other tax accountants to facilitate smooth operations, filing returns on a timely and accurate basis, maintaining accurate documentation, and coordinating with other departments, external tax authorities, and our third-party tax servicing provider on a contract basis.
* Prepare property tax returns and other returns
* Assist with sales tax returns
* Remit property tax payments
* Rebill property tax on leases
* Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
* Interact with external and/or internal auditors
* Respond to notices from tax authorities on property, sales and use tax matters
* Proactively advise the Company on tax planning opportunities in the property, sales and use tax areas
* Perform any necessary tax research and analysis in the property, sales and use tax areas
* Minimum of 2 years working experience in domestic multi-state property, sales and use tax
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
* Solid accounting skills and proficiency with Excel, Word and PTMS property tax software; Oracle experienced highly desirable
* Ability to research issues related to property and sales taxes
* Ability to work with limited supervision and to meet deadlines
* Flexible, focused team player with ability to work in a fluid environment
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
This position is responsible for the day to day accounting of real estate assets. The position is generally responsible for closing the books and records, and all ancillary accounting related to these assets
Review all property management financial reports on the individual assets.
Prepare quarterly financial statements.
Interact with asset manager and property staff.
Perform cash management functions.
Record and reconcile financial information.
Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual client reports.
Prepare monthly bank reconciliation’s for checking accounts.
Calculate and prepare statements of cash flows.
Enter tenant billing charges.
Enter payment receipts.
Review and assess tenant monthly recurring charges.
Enter recurring billing adjustments.
Set up new properties, owners, tenants and vendors.
Review and post payable batches, deliver batches to owner’s accountant.
Interact with owner’s accounting staff.
Assist property staff with budgets, account reconciliations and cam reconciliations.
Perform other tasks from time to time that may be assigned.
Reports to Controller.
Minimum of 3 to 4 years of accounting experience with an emphasis in property management/real estate.
Be conscientious about achieving deadlines and has an accurate work product.
Assume accountability for specific performance.
Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner.
Detail oriented and very analytical.
Strong organization skills.
Quantitative propensity with ability to spot errors.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
Familiar and experience in performance data returns.
Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting pronouncements in general.
Understand variance analysis when comparing actual to budget or historical results.
Understand how to read and write financial statements.
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Preferred Yardi experience.
Construction accounting experience a plus
Accountant For Property Management/Real Estate Company
We are looking for an Accountant to join our team!
- AR/AP for over 40 accounts.
- Prepare monthly rent statements and financial reports
- Day-to-day operations of a property management company
- Prepare budgets and set up vendors and new accounts
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Respond to tenants and property owners
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with accounting programs (Yardi, Quickbooks, etc)
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
NDC Real Estate Management LLC/ Beacon Communities is excited to be recruiting for a talented Property Accountant in our corporate office in Oakland, PA. The Property Accountant is responsible for daily accounting functions and financial reporting for operational projects and corporate entities. This is an exceptional opportunity for a property accountant with a strong general ledger and financial reporting focus, to join a stable and growing corporate accounting team. Great environment, excellent onboarding and training, with a strong and stable leadership team.
The property accountant will be responsible for maintaining the books and records for a portfolio of properties including preparing bank reconciliations, processing payments, handling month end closings and reconciliations, and reviewing and distributing financial reports. In addition, special projects will be assigned as well as participation in year end audit packages and documentation.
- Maintains books and electronic records for projects and corporate entities, in accordance with company’s internal and external reporting requirements
- Assist site personnel with their accounting related job performance responsibilities
- Performs audits and analyses required by the Vice-Presidents with minimum oversight
- Monitors and assists staff accountants with their job performance responsibilities
- Prepares periodic reporting to government agencies, financial institutions and investors
- Performs monthly close, including analysis of significant variances
- Assists with audit preparation and generates on line packages for annual audits
- Daily and monthly general ledger and bank reconciliations for multiple properties
- Prepare financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Month-end reconciliations, accruals, and other journal entries
- Initiate and record cash transfers, investments, and owner's distributions
- Provide meaningful financial analysis and reports for internal managers
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of accounting experience with an emphasis on GL
- Property management / real estate industry experience desired
- Strong general ledger accounting and GAAP compliance knowledge
- Fast-paced, multi-entity accounting experience
- Strong computer knowledge including experience with accounting systems and advanced ability with Excel
- Experience and ability to handle many tasks with attention to detail, and provide innovative problem solving
- Knowledge of affordable, multi-family housing or construction accounting experience, and Realpage
- Public Accounting experience
Beacon is a privately owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multi-family housing. Our portfolio includes affordable housing, market rate housing and mixed income-housing. Our developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing. We take on challenging developments and make them succeed. Our driving passion is to create well-designed, healthy homes that improve the quality of life of our residents and enhance the neighborhoods in which they are located. Our team consists of more than 400 on-site professionals, expert in the language of our buildings, committed to our standards of excellence, and dedicated to the highest quality experience for all our residents.
Mission: Beacon is known for successfully managing challenging properties and finding new and creative ways to stand out in today’s demanding rental housing marketplace. Our property management practices set the industry standard for attention to detail, physical plant services, and overall community enhancement. We are committed to creating and nurturing strong resident partnerships in order to enable our communities to thrive.
Beacon Communities LLC considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected st
Senior Property Accountant
A long-term established, rapidly growing commercial and residential real estate Development Company is seeking a Property Accountant who will report directly to the Controller and be part of a team, handling all the aspects of property accounting and reporting for a mixed portfolio of commercial and residential properties.
Reports to: Vice President of
Perform/manage all aspects of accounting and financial management for assigned properties.
- Review all tax returns prepared by outside CPA firm, including proving all numbers to our books and records
- Record journal entries provided by outside CPA firm for tax items
- Review tax returns for any overlooked tax issues
- Prepare annual tax-based financial statements and full work papers
- Verify and analyze all general ledger accounts
- Review and document all fixed asset additions, retirements, and depreciation
- Prepare schedules for tax returns
- Retire tenant improvements related to past tenants
- Review accounts receivable and payable at year-end
- Reconcile and prove mortgage balances and related escrow accounts and interest expense, etc., to year-end bank statements
- Perform an analytic review of all revenue and expense accounts
- Analyze activity in capital accounts with special emphasis on distributions and contributions made throughout the year
- Prepare schedules for lease commissions, mortgage costs additions, write-offs, and amortization
- Record k-1 activity for pass-through entities
- Produce other work papers and analyses as required for each individual property
- Prepare filings for payment of all taxes related to properties
- Property taxes
- LLC fees
- Provide documentation required to assure that Real Estate taxes are kept as low as possible
- Provide certiorari attorneys with information on properties throughout the year to support property tax appeals
- Prepare state and local reports relating to property tax assessments
- Oversee the process for sending rent bills and ensure accurate and timely billing for other tenant charges
- Review the rent variance analysis
- Work with Property Management Coordinator to identify collection issues and to determine if bad debt reserves are required for any past due amounts
- Calculate and bill all monthly property management fees
- Manage security deposits
- Reconcile amount of deposit between Yardi and lease documents
- Monitor individual bank accounts for security deposits
- Calculate charges related to moving outs
- Final CAM charges prior to tenant move out and release of security deposit
- Final taxes and insurance, etc., due from tenant before move out
- Review and process tenant adjustments in the tenant ledger – i.e., write offs and other adjustments
- Calculate estimated and actual escalation billings, RE taxes and CAM – including the annual reconciliation. Administer correspondence and invoicing process related to escalations.
- Review leases for applicable CAM provisions and document CAM related provisions accordingly
- Prepare analysis of expenses with detailed descriptions
- Work with Construction Coordinator to review vendor invoices to determine if expense is subject to CAM
- Work with Construction Coordinator to determine which expenses are billable to tenants for that particular property
- Calculate individual CAM pools for each tenant based on the specifics of their lease
- When necessary, recalculate base year
- Meet with the VP of Construction and Property Management, the VP of Leasing and Property Management Operations, and/or in-house counsel to resolve vague or unclear lease provisions
- Calculate true up billings
- Calculate estimated CAM for following year
- Prepare CAM invoices for mailing to tenant, including true up, detail of CAM expense pool, and next year’s estimate
- Resolve issues and make changes arising from property management review
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare cash forecasting statements when required
- Project short-term and medium-term cash needs and work with VP of Accounting to manage cash flows
- Monitor cash balances on a daily basis for excess cash or potential shortages
- Interact with banks to resolve discrepancies and problems
- Review A/P at the beginning of each month for payment priority and cash needs
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of operating and capital budgets – Review existing leases for rents and renewals and other assumptions
- Work with the VP of Leasing and Property Management Operations and the VP Construction and Property Management to establish projected occupancies of vacant spaces, including related costs such as building and tenant improvements, vacant space preparation, leasing commissions
- Work with the VP of Construction and Property Management to project operating expenses and cost of capital items
- Monitor year-to-date actual vs. budget as required to assure that the property is running within budget. Document any significant variances in writing and notify the VP of Accounting and the VP of Leasing and Property Management Operations about the variances.
- Reforecast budgets when requested
- Prepare budget pro forma comprised of year-to-date actual and budget for remainder of year
- Review assumptions regarding building improvements, tenant improvements, lease commissions, leasing assumptions, financing activity and other changes to original budget
- Work with the VP of Leasing and Property Management Operations and the VP Construction/Property Management to revise the budget
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of general ledgers
- Review all accounts for correctness
- Prepare journal entries needed to adjust or reclassify account balances
- Prepare pro forma valuations for financing of properties
- Review all leases, building expenses and operations, anticipated capital improvements, lease commissions, etc., for period of projection, usually 10 years
- Prepare detailed excel spreadsheet incorporating all aspects of projected 10 year period utilizing numerous spreadsheet links to allow for easy modification for multiple scenarios
- Prepare year-end summary report of cash flow for all properties, as required by various banking relationships
- Summarize and adapt tax return information as needed for report
- Prepare/compile comprehensive quarterly reporting packages to communicate all financial data related to the property – Report to outside partners
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to banks
- Review loan agreements related to properties and assure compliance with all reporting and reserve requirements
- Monitor compliance with loan covenants on an ongoing basis, including Debt Service Coverage Ratios, maturity dates, minimum balance requirements and other potential events of default
- Prepare Sources and Uses Schedules for mortgage refinancings and property sales
- Handle special projects and requests
- Project cash needs weekly for all properties based upon ongoing construction needs, loan payments and first of month obligations
- Review and update job costs to show variances
- Maintain and update investment report showing equity, debt and equity interest for each project
- Prepare project pro-forma to forecast profit and/or loss based on current and projected sales and costs
- Manage capital calls for properties with outside partners
- Determine amount of capital call and issue request
- Provide/confirm Real Estate Tax and CAM information for new leases and lease renewals
- Review Term Sheets to insure that quoted Real Estate Tax and CAM information is correct
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of three years of experience in Commercial Property Accounting
- Experience with Yardi preferred
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!