Accountant Property Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant Property
A diversified Real Estate Company in Los Angeles with a focus in multi-family properties is seeking for an experienced Property Accountant to join their team. They also cover many disciplines of commercial real estate, including, industrial, retail, and office properties.
- Perform all accounting tasks pertaining to assigned properties, including reviewing invoices for payments, posting receipts, and managing relationships with tenants, vendors, and property management companies
- Maintain records of bank and cash transactions, including invoices, books, and other documents relating to accounts and contracts of the company
- Reconcile periodic financial and accounting statements, including bank statements
- Conduct accounting processes related to property acquisition/disposition
- Prepare reports for the accounting team management
Software : Must know Yardi or MRI
Polaris Property Management has an immediate opening for a Property Accountant to join our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will be a real estate property accountant with Yardi Voyager expertise who is motivated and ready for increased responsibility and/or a new career challenge.
The Property Accountant will report to the Assistant Accounting Manager and will perform all accounting functions for all multifamily, mixed-use and commercial properties and related investor entities on behalf of the company. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily booking of income and expenses, financial reporting, lender reporting, investor reporting, budgeting, forecasting and banking.
This is an opportunity to have major impact by bringing advanced skills and knowledge of successful property management accounting practices and reporting to a company that is quickly moving to the next level of growth and to a team in need of an excellent role model and mentor.
- Records income, rental, management fees, G&A expenses and other income
- Works closely with Asset Management and Construction Department to ensure accurate booking of capitalized expenditures versus operational expenses, T.I. reimbursements
- Cash Management and initiating/booking Bank Transfers and wires into Yardi for assigned portfolio of properties
- Perform audits on a regular basis to verify transactions
- Records new property acquisitions and dispositions into Yardi as needed
- Assist in special projects to support company-wide initiatives as needed
- Reconciles and books Lender impound and escrow accounts on mortgage statements
- Closing process including recordation of monthly operational activity
- Insures proper rental and other income records are maintained
- Reconciles and records cash receipts, bank statements, security deposits, debt service, including principal amortization, interest expense, escrow accounts
- Forecasts income and expenses, including accrued liabilities (where applicable), to align with budget
- Prepares the accrual package and Income statement variance analysis
- Calculate Asset Management/PropertyManagement/Construction Management fees on multifamily portfolio
- Reviewing multifamily properties’ rent roll for accuracy
- Responsible for Lender Reporting
- Calculates and records monthly depreciation and amortization, including maintaining current depreciation schedule for new fixed asset additions on some properties
- State Sales tax filings, monthly or quarter as designated
- Coordinates and prepares the annual year-end package for the auditors
- Books year-end adjusting entries and K-1’s into Yardi for assigned portfolio of properties
- Ensure timeliness and compliance with outside tax agencies including, property taxes, state/city taxes
- Texas Franchise Tax Filings, (for Texas properties) due May 15
- LLC and Secretary of State filings on properties across the entire portfolio
- Filing for business tax license renewal residential properties, CA due 2/28
- Assist with CAM Reconciliations as needed
- Annual True-up of the Asset Management/PropertyManagement/Construction Management fees on multifamily portfolio
- Yardi experience preferred
- Proven experience with complex real estate contracts
- Strong knowledge of internal controls, financial reporting, GAAP and general accounting principles and finances
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance
- Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible accounting experience within a medium to large real estate investment company
Polaris Property Management offers an outstanding total compensation package that includes:
An extremely competitive base salary
Employee HMO medical insurance premium paid 100% by the company (dependent coverage is available with the option to add dependent coverage with an employee contribution based on the selected plan and number of dependents covered).
Option of adding dental and vision insurance at group rates
Vacation and personal days
A generous holiday schedule that includes the week off between Christmas and New Years Day
Flexible Spending Accounts (Section 125 Plan)
To learn more about the firm, please visit our website at: www.polaris-pm.com
Entry Level Property Accountant
We are a property management firm seeking an entry level property accountant. This position is Full Time, hours Monday-Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm.
This position will cover financials for multiple companies and properties with primary duties being:
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Bank reconciliations
- Entering deposits, vendor payments, making journal entries
- Posting vendor invoices
- Account analysis and reconciliations
- Preparing and submitting 1099s
- Handling Business personal property listings
- Working with Property Managers and Accounting department to solve issues within rental software
- Answering phone calls when necessary
- Other tasks as assigned
- Associate's degree in accounting (4 year Bachelor is preferable)
- Detailed oriented
- Works well in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and "can do" attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and participate in e-verify. Must be able to pass a drug and background test. Serious inquiries only.
Development Property Accountant
The Property Accountant is responsible for all duties relative to producing monthly financial reports for managed properties. This individual focuses on journal entries, bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation and accounts receivable. Job functions would include:
- Assist Development Project Managers with all active development projects, including monitoring and documenting all expenditures and accurately code invoices to proper job cost and general ledger accounts.
- Review monthly draw packages/funding requests to banks, partners and internal sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Update monthly cash projection reports and tracking/reporting of all project “sources and uses” documents.
- Record and post necessary accruals, adjustments, etc on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy.
- Maintain all accounting files and records, including work papers on each project including project costing, support schedules and analyses.
- Assist in pro-forma development/analysis, budget preparation, cash flows and financial reports required for the projects.
- Coordinate the Project closeout processes and documentation with management and the corporate accounting team to ensure a smooth transition from the development project phase to an operating property.
Property and Asset Management
- Communicate regularly with Property Managers and Ownership of the properties the Property Accountant is responsible for.
- Record and reconcile financial information on a daily and monthly basis - includes recording and posting necessary accruals, adjustments, depreciation, accrued interest, etc.
- Analyze revenues and expenses, ensuring accuracy on a monthly, and annual basis.
- Perform and assist with month-end close procedures including preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations.
- Maintain organized and accurate work papers with appropriate support and documentation.
- Produce monthly financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and budget vs. actual variance reports.
- Assist in annual budget preparation for operating properties.
Staff Property Accountant I
THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL Position
The Staff Property Accountant is responsible for overseeing the General Ledger/financial reporting for an assigned portfolio of properties. This role routinely coordinates with property personnel, Regional Managers, and other accounting team members. This accountant is responsible for the accuracy of the financial statements of each property and for reconciling all related accounts. In addition, the Staff Accountant supports on-site staff as it relates to accounting tenant-ledgers and serves as the first contact for issues related to tenant activity in accounting system.
Primary Responsibilities (other duties or special projects may be assigned):
· Responsible for preparation, review and reporting for all properties
· Analysis (working capital, rent roll, debt/equity, fixed assets and expenses)
· Review and update leases
· Bank reconciliations
· Maintain financial records (contributions, distributions, debt changes)
· Work with AP to confirm coding of invoices and approve on a daily basis
· Reconcile investment accounts
· Perform sub-consolidation reporting and prepare elimination entries
· Provide answers to fund regarding working capital differences
· Work with external auditors and provide required documentation as needed
· Coordinate the flow of information from the property management to auditors
· Post and review journal entries to final year-end trial balances
· Review and manage draw requests from management and executives
· Review and approve agreements (lease, loan and management) and ensure compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience with Yardi/MRI
- REIT knowledge preferred
- 2-5 years Property Management/Real Estate accounting
- Excel (advanced)
A multi-family property management company located in the West Houston (near Uptown) is looking for a Property Accountant to add to their team. In this position, you will be responsible for preparing financial reports of approx. 5-10 properties (depending on experience). Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the daily accounting activities required for month-end close. This person will review payables and receivables, perform bank/account reconciliations, analyze variance analyses, and work with properties to present accurate monthly financial statements.
This is an incredible opportunity for a someone who wants to transition to corporate accounting or gain significant experience to join a thriving, very fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial real estate firm that is expecting to double its size in 2017.
Accountant Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist with monthly closings by preparing journal entries, analyzing, and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Job costing for active construction projects (depending on experience).
- Full cycle accounting.
- Participating on initiatives to meet goals and objectives.
- Supporting special projects.
Preferred Qualifications for the
- 1-3 years of accounting experience (public or corporate)
- Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Required
Barrett and Stokely, Inc., a privately owned real estate management company located in Indianapolis, IN is currently searching for a Property Accountant to be responsible for maintaining the financial records for a portfolio of multifamily housing properties. Barrett and Stokely manages residential properties in the mid-western and southern states.
Job Details and
-Job is located at our corporate headquarters on the North side of Indianapolis
-Work hours are 8:30 – 5:00 M-F.
-Maintain financial records for multiple properties
-Prepare monthly financial statements
-Reconcile Cash Accounts, manage cash and payables
-Assist with/oversee AP
-Work with managers and other staff to resolve AP/AR issues
-Year-end audit and tax return schedule preparation
Desired Skills and
-3 years accounting experience
-Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
-Strong computer skills
-Experience with Real Page/One Site Accounting a plus
Compensation Package Includes:
-Salary based on qualifications
-Health and Dental Insurance
-Life Insurance provided by company
-401(k) with match
Follow @BandSJobs on Twitter!
We are looking for a Property Accountant to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for a portfolio of properties our company manages.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Develop and analyze reporting for property operations and budgets
- Perform lease audits, make sure details are entered correctly and we're collecting the full amount due to our owner clients
- Adjust processes to improve efficiency
- Use Excel to update and create spreadsheets for budgets, electricity billings to tenants, and to calculate tenant expense billings
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools - Property Management accounting programs would be a plus
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Full Service Real Estate firm located in New Jersey is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team.
- 3+ years accounting experience out of Real Estate or related industry
- Experience with Yardi
- Residential experience preferred
Salary commensurate on experience, up to 60k
Please submit an updated resume in Word format and include your most recent annual salary.
New York, NY 10017