Accountant Systems Job Description Sample
Financial Systems Analyst II (Financial Accountant II)
Description: THE COMPANY Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http:// . JOB INFORMATIONReview and analyze complex financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy. Serve as the initial reviewer for journal entries, work papers, reports, schedules and materials. Operate in a lead role within the team. Train and provide leadership to staff. Assist the Accounting Manager/Director in team planning, assignments and other duties, as needed.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS * Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings and effectively explain results to management.
Review balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports including externally-required disclosures.
Review daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and implement changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring accounting team progress and managing schedules.
Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with General Accounting Manager/Director.
Provide and effectively explain requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on highly significant matters requiring coordination.
Design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of highly complex financial transactions.
Provide feedback and input into staff performance reviews, as applicable, including specific performance feedback for calibrations and talent assessments. Qualification: EDUCATION * Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required CERTIFICATIONS * CPA MINIMUM EXPERIENCE * 8+ years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS * Demonstrated ability to comprehend and implement advanced accounting concepts (e.g. asset impairment, amortization, consolidation accounting, sales accounting, non-accrual accounting, etc.) * Demonstrated experience testing and validating accounting results for accounting system implementations
Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and validating accounting changes or corrections to accounting system
Proficiency in Excel required. Includes proficiency with vlookup, pivot, sumifs functions as well as ability to import, reconcile and validate complex data from multiple sources
Secondary mortgage market experience is a plus
Demonstrated ability to comprehend and implement GAAP and SEC financial disclosure requirements
Public accounting and/or accounting operations experience required * CPA or CFA in progress strongly preferred
Process improvement/automation preferred
Comfortable working with large amounts of data EMPLOYMENT As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advanced Accountant And Systems Specialist
If you are systems savvy and excited about streamlining traditional accounting processes, Shea Labagh Dobberstein’s CORRE ACCOUNTING SOLUTIONS seeks a forward-thinking, puzzle-solving, inspiring team member to challenge the status quo and apply advanced technology to streamline data flows and drive efficiency. Experience with syncing, linking, or implementing systems (accounting, POS, inventory, CRM, etc.) is key. As a Senior Accountant you would (1) contribute to the team, assessing client engagements and proposing the technical infrastructure and systems to best meet the clients’ needs, and (2) manage a portfolio of client engagements. SLD’s CORRE Accountants provide end-to-end accounting services: Collecting, Organizing, Recording, Reporting, and Evaluating our clients’ financial data.
Candidates must have:
Desired skills and experience:
Primary job fuctions:
New Age Accountant for New Age Assignments
If you are systems savvy and interested in streamlining traditional accounting processes, Shea Labagh Dobberstein’s CORRE ACCOUNTING SOLUTIONS seeks a forward-thinking, puzzle-solving, inspiring team member to challenge the status quo and apply advanced technology to streamline data flows and drive efficiency. Experience with syncing, linking, or implementing systems (accounting, POS, inventory, CRM, etc.) is key. As a Senior Accountant you would (1) contribute to the team, assessing client engagements and proposing the technical infrastructure and systems to best meet the clients’ needs, and (2) manage a portfolio of client engagements. SLD’s CORRE Accountants provide end-to-end accounting services: Collecting, Organizing, Recording, Reporting, and Evaluating our clients’ financial data.
Top Reasons to Work with Shea Labagh Dobberstein
- Public accounting firm with a long-standing reputation in the community. You will get to work with a team of highly experienced industry specialists
- Culture of promoting from within and opportunities for professional growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Great work-life balance
Retirement Systems Accountant
In order to be considered for any position at KUB, you must apply directly online at http://www.kub.org Work Description:Must be able to perform analytical work in one or more of the following functional areas: financial accounting and reporting, retirement systems and fixed assets, cash management and investments. Examples of work activities include but are not limited to: preparing journal entries, financial statements, and cash flow forecasts, analyzing and interpreting quantitative data, compiling management reports, developing and using database and spreadsheet applications, and preparing documents for annual audits and actuarial valuations. Works closely with investment managers, consultants, attorneys, auditors and actuaries
Accountant / Cost Accountant
A well-known medical technology company is looking for a Cost Accountant to join their organization. This individual will prepare month-end reports, assist in budgeting and forecasting, be responsible for planning, collecting and analyzing data to help determine cost of business activity, participate in capital investment analysis, and reconciles general ledger accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone that is driven and eager to learn and advance.
- Analyzes financial reports and legal documents
- Assist in unit cost preparation, analysis, and reporting
- Assist in month- and year-end close, reconciliations, etc.
- Review operating expenses and prepare reports
- Analyze trends and assist in annual budgeting and forecasting processes
- Maintain capital expenditures information
- Works with Engineering on programs and initiatives
- Support physical inventory and cycle count processes
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business or equivalent experience
- Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Holidays
PrincePerelson & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Local by design. Because PrincePerelson is headquartered in Utah, we know the unique culture and business needs of the state. We are the first choice for anyone looking to hire, relocate, or expand in Utah.
A long-term commitment. Our team has an average of 10 years experience with our company. This experience translates directly into a deep understanding of our clients objectives and a total commitment to their success.
Strategic partnerships. Throughout the process of finding or filling roles, we act as a strategic partner, offering constant communication and industry insight.
PrincePerelson is certified with the Womens Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is one of the largest third-party certifiers of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. This standard is the most relied upon certification of women-owned businesses.
At PrincePerelson, we foster diversity in the workforce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy. We are proud to appear on Staffing Industry Analysts list of Largest Diversity Staffing Firms in the United States.
Accountant / Accounting System Demonstrator
Full time, growth oriented opportunity with excellent benefits, and a pleasant working atmosphere. This is a rare chance to learn some very valuable, long term, career oriented skills.
Working in a high-tech software development, support, and service company. Cutting edge, and mobile enabled, our product is complete government accounting and contract management package. Easily & completely integrated, and mobile enabled,
We are looking for a junior Accountant who would be interested in designing, creating, and conducting professional technical webinars & presentations.
This is a newly created role, and we are very open minded when it comes to hiring.
You will get the opportunity to learn all about government contract accounting and ERP software, a very valuable technical skill that is a proven career enhancer.
Our only requirements are some accounting experience (MUST KNOW ACCOUNTING BASICS; (co-ops, or even a lot of academic experience would even do), is outgoing, wants to be creative, and can work full time.
I will respond to all qualified applicants with much more information upon receipt of qualified résumés.
Systems Analyst iv
After we came up with something that we knew was great for us we decided we needed to share it! Following over a decade of development and 3 generations of ERPGov we now have our current product ERPGov Cloud. We know how important it is now to not only have a user-friendly system that can fully support a government contractor's operational and DCAA compliance needs but to have it where you can access it from anywhere.
ERPGov Cloud is a TRUE “CLOUD” based SaaS system suitable for companies with complex contracting arrangements and hundreds of employees. It includes a fully integrated web time & expense portal, contract management, purchasing, payroll interface, earned value management system and more.
We are confident that our current generation of ERPGov Cloud delivers the optimum combination of simplicity, power, visibility and DCAA compliance. The software is easier to implement than Deltek Costpoint, has more modern functionality than Deltek GCS, and is more functionally integrated than QuickBooks or many other government contract accounting systems. ERPGov Cloud efficiently fulfills management's information needs while guiding the organization into full DCAA and FAR compliance.
Publicly traded international manufacturing, distribution and services company that is a leader in its industry.
This position is open to due to growth. They are the first hire in the Financial Reporting Department and will be reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager.
They are looking to build out the team so it’s a great opportunity. Currently 4 people in department – Financial Reporting Manager, Hyperion Systems expert/ administrator, Staff Accountant & this position.
Bonus has paid out every year for the last 7 yrs – company constantly hitting its goals…..last couple of years bonus paid out 2%-4% higher.
This is a great opportunity because:
- Leading company’
- This is a blended role -someone in the position will get exposure to operational accounting, Technical SEC reporting as well as Forecasting and Budgeting. Many companies do not offer the forecasting and budgeting side so this is a great!!!
- BS Degree in Accounting – required
- 4 years’ experience within (Big 4 or Big 10) Public Accounting Firm Preferred or minimum of 2 years Public Accounting with 2 years Private Accounting experience(will stretch on yrs.) - preferred
- General Ledger experience - preferred
- SEC reporting experience - preferred
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), or major ERP systems - preferred
Location: Head Office
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
Highlights: Stable company, been around for a long time. Great mentor(s). Most of the people they hire are out of Big 4(KPMG, EY & PWC). This role will make the candidate a well-rounded accounting / financial professional and it will give the exposure to operational accounting, Technical SEC reporting as well as Forecasting and Budgeting. Company is very well known in the industry. Stock is up 20% over the last year. Company has been very aggressive making acquisitions. Company has low turnover – you have a mix of people – some people have been there 30 yrs. and some 4yrs. Company is very involved in the community. Good benefits.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
•Budget and forecasts
•Assist in preparation quarterly earnings release
•Assist in preparing 10-Q and 10-K documents and disclosures.
•Assist in technical accounting projects under the direction of the Manager of Financial Reporting
•Help manage the audit process conducted by external auditors.
•Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
•BS Degree in Accounting; CPA designation preferred
•4 years’ experience within (Big 4 or Big 10) Public Accounting Firm Preferred or minimum of 2 years Public Accounting with 2 years Private Accounting experience.
•Previous General Ledger experience preferred
•Industry experience with SEC reporting experience preferred
•Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and major ERP systems preferred
Senior Accountant Consulting (Systems Implementation)
Cordia Partners is a full service provider of outsourced accounting, technology consulting and business process consulting services with over 15 years of experience serving the small-medium business market. We use our experience as professional accountants, business people and technology experts, coupled with modern business systems, to provide personalized solutions for our clients. Cordia’s Technology Consulting and Advisory team work closely with clients to deliver sustainable business results tailored to both the unique dynamics of their industries and the individual needs of their businesses. The ideal candidate will be someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute accounting operations and help implement systems that can scale and implement efficient processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Develop and implement improvements to existing accounting procedures and systems
- Document and maintain accounting and internal control procedures
- Compile financial information for accruals and other journal entries
- Administer capital acquisition requests and fixed assets system
- Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, including but not limited to A/P, A/R, fixed assets, general ledger, and revenue recognition
- Assist with researching, evaluating and resolving technical accounting issues
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the general ledger
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet the Client’s business growth and culture
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5-7 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
- Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment; requires strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands-on approach, extremely detail oriented
- CPA license a plus
We have an immediate opening for a Staff/Project Accountant in our Pasadena office to support the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department, including providing full cycle accounting, maintaining and controlling the General Ledger accounts and business transactions in general applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Basic Journal Entries – Compile, analyze and reconcile financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts into accounting software.
- Transactional Accounting - General Bookkeeping responsibilities, including managing AP, AR and Payroll.
- Vendor Management - Process accounts payable from invoice to payment, beginning with coding invoices to the appropriate job number, cost code, GL account number and distributing invoices to Project Managers for approval.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Ensure vendor invoices are properly assigned to correct jobs and coded to the appropriate jobs, expense, or balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure that all check releases are properly supported by all necessary documents to support the accuracy and correctness of payments to vendors and subcontractors.
- Maintain vendor information in A/P system.
- Manage and maintain a clean and organized vendor filing system.
- Responsible for W9 and 1099 process.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Enter credit card transactions and reconcile credit card accounts.
- Ensure vendor compliance
- Period Closing – Complete monthly and yearly closing. Ensure accurate & timely period closing, prepare monthly financial reports and variance to budget.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including but not limited to bank statements, fixed assets, benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Process benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and prepare adjusts and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and certify reconciliations are prepared timely, accurately and in compliance with company guidelines
- Federal/State/Local Document Preparation – Prepare and process
- Work with client CPAs to complete Tax Organizers in timely fashion.
- Prepare and submit Unsecured Tax Documents (Form 571-L)
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Client Management– Set up clients in all software systems, oversee all client related invoicing requirements, respond to customer escalations and exceptions to research and resolve inquiries in a timely manner
- Accounting Procedure Management – Identify process improvements, implement changes and ensure best practices.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Evaluate reporting requirements to ensure systems meet operating guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Participate in the development of systems training to provide new processes for enhancing efficiency and productivity.
- Become the subject matter expert of the View Point Vista software, as well as train others
- Deadline Management – Reference financial calendar to ensure all deadlines are met.
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience (3 years minimum in specified industry)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in accounting software systems knowledge (Deltek, Excel)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with accounting software migrations
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficient knowledge and experience of the Deltek accounting software packages.
- Experience in Construction, Architecture, Engineering Accounting or other professional services environment.
- Candidate must be a team player
- Solid verbal/ written communication skills
- Independent task prioritization
- Excellent multi-tasker and follow-up skills
- Accountable and highly dependable with outstanding attention to detail
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan with immediate vesting of company match
- Life Insurance
- Tiered Paid Time Off (PTO) starting at 20 days/year
- PTO Cash Out Option
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health and Wellness Benefit
- Holiday Get-Togethers
- Firm-wide celebrations and events
Each year, we place thousands of professionals in contract and direct hire roles with the nations top employers. Our recruiters have years of experience in professional, industrial and technical environments; thus, we have the contacts, experience and resources to make great career matches.
System One helps local firms address resource issues, peak periods and ongoing operations. With every engagement, we aim to provide straightforward feedback and market insights for both job seekers and hiring managers.
Come be a part of the System One Torrance family and register with us today to be considered for open and future positions!
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it's a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world's leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation's largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Accountant on our Finance team in our Bacchus, Utah office.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The position is responsible to provide accounting support.
* Analyze and process accounting entries based on GAAP and Government accounting knowledge for multiple business units.
* Analyze large volumes of data using worksheet and database skills to manipulate, summarize, and select into meaningful information for decision making.
* Perform GL analysis and reconciliations for Payroll, Labor and Accounts Payable General Ledger Accounts.
* Support financial and SOX audits by internal, External, and Government auditors.
* Provide financial information and schedules required for reporting.
* Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience within the Finance & Accounting area. Knowledge of and experience with federal government financial standards, project costing systems, and multiple overhead rates experience is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office, SQL
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
* Participate positively and successfully in a team environment using strong interpersonal skills
* Detailed oriented and self-motivated with abilities to prioritize and meet tight schedules and deadlines
* B.S in Accounting required
* MBA is preferred
* CPA is preferred
Position may be filled at a lower level with a B.S in Accounting & 0 years of experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Experience: 1-3 Years
Staff Accountant - Mandarin Speaking
Guo Ji Tooling Systems is searching for an experienced Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for various accounting, human resource and clerical duties for our company.
- Accounts payable – Invoice entry, cash disbursements, statement reconciliation, etc.
- Accounts receivable – Billing, collection calls, cash receipts, etc.
- Payroll, including payroll taxes
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial statement preparation
- Answering phones, copying, faxing, etc.
- Aiding with the coordination and execution of projects and tasks assigned by the President
- Oversee the overall functionality of the office by ordering supplies, setting up and maintaining services
- Preparing for meetings by aiding with scheduling coordination, presentation assembly and facility setup
The ideal candidate will have an accounting degree or at least 5 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient in Mandarin Chinese
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Accounting experience (AP, AR, Payroll, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive projects
- Quick learner and able to adapt to ever changing needs
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!