Accountant Systems Job Description Sample
OBXtek Inc. is an established award-winning business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. OBXtek is a leader in its field and is committed to identifying, developing, and delivering innovative, mission-focused technical and logistical solutions to over 15 civilian and military partners in the Federal Government.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, we possess a robust corporate infrastructure that provides management oversight and support for all our programs. OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO to create processes that leverage best practices and result in novel, successful solutions.
OBXtek is currently staffing for a Systems Accountant support for Headquarters United States Army Central (USARCENT) at Shaw, AFB. USARCENT is responsible for theater wide Financial Management (FM) in the Central Command (CENTCOM) Area of Responsibility (AOR). USARCENT provides Title 10 support to all United States Army Forces (USARFOR) personnel within theater.
The Systems Accountant duties and responsibilities include:
Assist USARCENT in the sustainment or maintenance of the Army and DoD's suite of financial and business management systems throughout the theater and offer recommendations for transitioning to the systems and supporting implementation of the systems after development. Provide recommendations for systems improvements using current system(s) of record such as but not limited to GFEBS, STANFINS and Defense Travel System (DTS).
Research questions and provide unique data queries from financial systems to support financial reporting needs and resolve data discrepancies and other issues. Produce daily status of funds as required.
Provide training support for Accounting Processes using GFEBS.
Provide assistance to USARCENT, enduring and deployed locations, for DTS and travel management concerns in a professional and courteous manner including but not limited to answering usage questions, inputting and managing unit travel and administration, and reporting system problems.
Provide USARCENT, enduring and deployed locations with GFEBS concerns in a professional and courteous manner including, but not limited to, answering usage questions, assisting with BI/ECC data queries, researching contracts via electronic document access (EDA) and reporting system problems.
Provide Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) support in GFEBS.
Provide support for data integrity verification and validate transactions current system of record such as but not limited to STANFINS /GFEBS, RMT, and DTS.
Be knowledgeable on applicable travel regulations and policies, including the JTR. Run periodic travel accounting reports as required to manage un-submitted travel vouchers, residuals, meal deductions, and other reports as required.
Work directly with the Civilian and Military Accountants to provide accounting support; researching and analyzing reimbursable, payables, SPS, AXOL, Travel, WAWF, UMT, ULOs and NULOs to clear prior year accounts for the various USARCENT Fund Center Accounts.
Work directly with Military and Civilian personnel to provide support in all accounts; such as but not limited to accounts payables, receivables and reimbursables. This would include but is not limited to researching and resolving Invoices Without Receiving Reports (IWORRs), Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF) and Acquisition Cross Service Agreements (ACSA) and assisting with weekly Army Time And Attendance Payroll System (ATAAPS) and Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) payroll notifications and timekeeping reports and analysis and customer service help desk inquiries.
Assist in alignment of the ARCENT Performance Metric; to assist deployed fund centers achieve accounting, JRP and performance goals. Assist in researching errors identified at the time to provide recommendations to Military and Civilian Accountant Personnel for action.
Reconcile interface errors between GFEBS and its feeder systems; these systems include but are not limited to: The Standard Procurement System (SPS), Defense Travel System (DTS), Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-A), Wide Area Work Flow, Funds Control Module, and the Defense Disbursing System.
Research and reconcile unmatched Transactions (UMTs), unliquidated obligations (ULOs), negative unliquidated obligations (NULOs), create ad hoc queries in support of leadership's request for information.
Minimum of 3 years of working experience maintaining, using or training in a variety of systems.
Experienced and fluent in travel accounting and accounting basics, the full federal government budget cycle and possess a clear understanding of the governmental financial structure.
Proficient in current system of record to include but not limited to excel, access, pivot table, v-look up, hyperlinking in excel, power point, and data analytics to make reports or briefs quickly and accurately available.
Proficient in the use of the Army's standard General Ledger systems; GFEBS and STANFINS as well as proficient at researching source documents to determine payment verification or resolutions.
Must have experience with Wide Area Workflow, DTS, and other current systems of record.
Ability to obtain Secret clearance
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) is dedicated to developing, maintaining, and operating infrastructure that supports alternative energy technologies.
At the core of the company, MaxGen is an alternative energy services company, providing commercial and utility scale design, operations and maintenance, and asset management services, and the company is recognized as the largest independent providers for solar O&M services in the United States. The team has a nation-wide footprint to provide in-the-field O&M services, and currently manages some of the largest operating solar plants in the US. The company has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance when it comes to O&M services.
MaxGen also has considerable experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
By incorporating the nationwide footprint and our O&M protocols, MaxGen not only brings experience and confidence to our customers’ projects, but also our services remain an asset for the entire lifetime of the projects.
We are seeking an individual to work very closely with a highly motivated Controller, and to work hard to help bring this growing company to the next level within 1-2 years. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable learning and exploring new processes, also be comfortable rolling up sleeves and processing payables or receivables as well as doing high level analysis to help management make business decisions. He or she must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Assist with all accounting and reporting activities, including monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting processes, document procedures, help to implement controls, and streamline financial systems.
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and ensure that revenues and receivables in accounting system are reconciled with Salesforce data
- Perform the processing of indirect cost allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Review Company Credit Card and receipts submitted by cardholders on monthly basis
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, included but not limited to cash, credit cards, AR, AP, sales tax returns, payroll suspense and etc.
- Support annual audit and help meet audit deadlines
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects as required
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting Preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of direct experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, must be able to collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Must have strong work ethic, and have the ability/willingness to work overtime as necessary to get the job done and to meet important deadlines
- Limited Travel
- Normal Office Environment
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
- Participates in the preparation of monthly financial statements through the preparation of journal entries, variance analysis and other month end close responsibilities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Demonstrates a complete understanding of the various subledger systems that interface with the general ledger. Is able to carry out responsibilities without direct supervision and is able to coordinate with others as necessary.
- Participated in the timely preparation of reconciliations of balance sheet accounts. Able to provide detailed analysis of variances demonstrating judgement as to the cause and effect of account transactions and reconciling items.
- Participates in the preparation of work papers, schedules and other supporting documents for monthly close, budgets, external audit, tax reporting and other regulatory reporting.
- Maintains journal entry records including organization of paper journal entries with backup.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 4 years of Accounting experience required
- 3 years of Hospital Accounting preferred
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant or CPA Candidate Preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Verbal and written communications skills
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Apply/View Full Description - Select North Texas LEAD as Application Referral Source
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: not required
The primary focus includes directing and controlling the overall accounting function, to include all aspects of accounting management, analysis, reporting, payroll processing, and government regulatory compliance function.
- Interact with senior management, consultants, internal/external auditors and clients.
- Responsible for detailed general ledger analysis and reconciliations
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and month end closing and as directed by CFO
- Ensures all accounting records, policies and practices are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations, as well as various regulatory agencies.
- Reports results to CEO, and CFO to ensure timely and effective decision-making.
- Establishes effective internal controls to protect Company assets and receipts and ensures compliance to above-stated policies and practices.
- Oversees disbursement activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversees accounts receivable activities to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc., funding service management which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company’s value
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience required; proficiency with general ledger, job costing, cost accounting and GAAP compliance a must
- Must have working knowledge of Unanet accounting software.
- Must be proficient in standard office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving aptitude required; must be able to analyze client needs and leverage accounting systems effectively to create value to customers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required; must effectively communicate the scope of work and technical findings or recommendations to a non-technical audience; ability to produce readable, concise and accurate written documentation required.
- Must be able to isolate issues and define problems clearly and articulate solutions in a clear, concise, and consultative manner
- Demonstrated success and experience collaborating with accounting/finance, IT, as well as operational support teams.
- Working/functional knowledge of accounting concepts, finance-level applications, and internal controls.
- The following qualifications are expected in order for employee to be successful:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing/evolving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Propensity and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and an organized approach to performing work.
- Team player with strong partnering skills and able to work in diverse groups and teams.
Job Title: Accountant
Job Classification: Full-Time, non-exempt
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, with overtime possible after work-hours and on weekends
Reporting Relationship: Director of Finance
The Accountant is responsible for supporting Missouri Primary Care Association’s (MPCA) financial objectives by performing accounting functions in an accurate, detailed, timely and confidential manner. This position is responsible for processing accounts receivable, internal program financial statement preparation and distribution, payroll processing, retirement plan processing and reporting, registration filings, and maintenance of grant and contract files.
- Prepares accounts receivable invoices.
- Follows up on uncollected accounts receivable.
- Administers the general ledger by managing cost allocations and preparing journal entries as necessary.
- Provides oversight of the reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Processes payroll timely and accurately and reviews for completeness.
- Processes retirement plan contributions and prepares periodic reports.
- Prepares and distributes routine program financial statements.
- Establishes and maintains a system for tracking the submission of all required reports to funders.
- Collects, files, and maintains all reports and other documents required by funders and MPCA’s accounting policies and procedures and document retention policies.
- Collects and monitors audit reports of sub recipients, and works with the Director of Finance to document and resolve sub recipients’ audit findings.
- Tags property as it is purchased, documents disposals of fixed assets, maintains asset inventory and depreciation software, and manages periodic property inventories.
- Prepares and files annual and biennial organizational registrations and reports.
- Assists with the preparation of components of MPCA and related parties’ annual tax returns.
- Tracks and routinely reports employee FTEs to staff.
- Supports the Director of Finance as requested.
- Reviews all work for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs month end analysis of financial data for accuracy and manages month-end closings.
- Analyzes month and year-end comparative financial reports, and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Prepares schedules, reconciliations, and documents for year-end external audits by independent auditors.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with MPCA’s document retention policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintains financial security by following MPCA’s policies and procedures.
- Responds to financial inquiries of the Director of Finance, MPCA staff, funders and donors, and vendors and customers by gathering, analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data.
- Updates job knowledge by staying current with accepted accounting practices as well as seeks applicable educational opportunities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- At least three (3) years of accounts payable and accounts receivable experience is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required.
- Proficiency with computerized accounting systems is required; experience with Financial Edge is considered an advantage.
- Experience with and basic exposure to grants and contracts is considered an advantage.
- Strong computer and word processing skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, but also Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision both independently and in team settings.
- Ability to comprehend complex instructions and exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of MPCA.
- Demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff, auditors, and outside customers and vendors.
Our client is a technology enabled, professional services firm that assists legal departments of firms across the globe in minimizing risk and increasing operational efficiency. The corporation is located in downtown, DC and is seeking a Revenue Accountant to help sustain and increase incredible growth and expansion in recent years due to strategic acquisitions.
The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for the following items/areas –
- Timely, accurate generation and delivery of monthly invoices
- Work closely with other Revenue team members to ensure a timely monthly revenue close in compliance with both corporate policy and GAAP as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Use various automated systems for invoice creation, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
- Involved in Ebilling, AR reporting and AR collections.
- Work closely with Director of Revenue on financial analysis and review related to Revenue.
- Provide support and assist collections team in monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts – customer calls, identify accounts that need adjustments, balance write-offs, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- With rest of Revenue/Billing team and Collections team, will drive improvement in DSO.
- Interact and support general accounting staff as required.
- Respond to auditor request and inquiries.
- Perform the necessary Ebilling requirements for those assigned clients where required.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management to facilitate the collection process.
- Communicate and provide reporting on assigned accounts to sales and senior management.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or business administration required.
- 2+ years of experience or knowledge of billing and revenue and procedures, preferred.
- Great Plains accounting software experience a plus.
- Requires understanding of accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Requires experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Microsoft Word and intermediate Excel experience required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize problems and manage multiple requests/expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills. Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Requires the ability to work in an area requiring special attention to detail and regular monthly deadlines.
- Requires ability to handle highly confidential company and employee expense information with appropriate level of professionalism and sensitivity.
Staff Accountant II, Financial Reporting
External Financial Reporting and Investor Relations
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, footnotes, and other supporting schedules to be filed with the SEC on a quarterly and annual basis (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and other SEC filings), including
- Prepare consolidating and consolidated financial statements from the general ledger system
- Input financial statement, footnote and other required data for SEC documents into an SEC financial reporting platform system
- Prepare internal and external audit workpapers for SEC filings data
- Assist in the monthly internal financial reporting process, including
- Prepare internal management financial reporting packages
- Identify and create new internal financial reports to support the needs of key stakeholders
- Assist with maintenance and control of general ledger and financial reports in the general ledger system, including
- Creating new general ledger accounts
- Maintenance of accurate mapping of general ledger accounts to all financial reporting formats
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 3+ years of related financial reporting and systems experience, including SEC reporting experience in a public company
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting principles and SEC regulatory requirements
Sr. Accountant - Controller
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and budget analysis reporting
- Manage accounting process for the Company and related entities, including supervision of accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Manage corporate treasury functions
- Assist CFO with development of an improved accounting environment to effectively manage operations and accountability
- Develop policy and procedures for Company accounting operations consistent with sound internal control, data integrity and financial and managerial reporting practices
- Responsible for daily operations of accounting system and Company general ledger
- Work directly with external CPA to provide schedules necessary for tax preparation and accounting oversight
- Responsible for monthly closing entries, financial statement presentation and other reports as required
- Supervises employees in the accounting department
- Support the overflow needs of the finance/accounting department
- Perform other duties in accordance with this position as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting/financial management.
- Extensive knowledge with quality control development and maintenance, tax and other compliance reporting issues related to corporate accounting
- Maintain the confidentiality of information, data and records
- Strong accounting and communication/interpersonal skills and customer skills in the performance of job duties
- Properly use tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organized
- Excellent organizational and administrative abilities, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Highly professional in integrity and demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline required, CPA or CMA preferred
- 5-8 years of working experience in a related field
- Experience with GAAP accounting
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with ERP system Sage Intacct a plus
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
Location: Arlington, VA
The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and is a key position for the company. The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing a variety of accounting support and system administration duties. The successful candidate will have prior experience with a majority of tasks required to close the books of the company and will be self motivated to meet close deadlines. Prior experience in a government contracting environment is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general accounting and financial reporting functions
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform month-, quarter-, year-end accounting closing process
- Prepare journal entries to include basic accruals to complex adjustments and reclassifications
- Manage fixed asset subsidiary ledger
- Key role in development and maintenance of cost pool allocations and reporting
- Key role in indirect rate development, maintenance and reporting
- Work with other corporate accounting functions, including payroll, AP and travel to ensure appropriate accounting treatment is being followed
- Assist in budget preparation
- Assist in revenue recognition process
- Time and Expense administrative support as required
- Senior-level knowledge of all accounting functions, including:
- Fixed assets
- Accruals, prepaids, and amortization
- Project accounting
- Project setup
- Project billing and revenue
- State tax requirements
- Knowledge of Government and commercial contracting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office with minimal direction
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data
- Advanced skill level with MS Excel
- Working knowledge of GAAP, and familiarity with FAR and CAS regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization
- Possess strong investigative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Paychex
- Knowledge of contracting vehicles, including GSA Schedule 70
- CPA or other accounting-related certification
- Pricing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent work experience
- The following certifications (more than one is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
- Monthly sales tax update in ticketing system.
- Ownership of the Sales and Use Tax charts, including updating documentation as new services are offered.
- Education of A/R teammates as sales and use tax statute changes are implemented.
- Primary liaison with external Sales Tax Auditors.
- Responsible for evaluation and approval/rejection of customer provided sales tax exemption certificates.
- Calculate use tax as required to comply with statutes.
- Support month end close tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Generate reports daily, weekly and monthly as appropriate.
- Meet timelines for filing and processing.
- Associates degree in Accounting, or 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Accounting and billing experience
- Proficient with Excel
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and proactively troubleshoot to resolve issues.
- Understand new information or materials by studying and working with them.
- Judge the costs and benefits of a possible action.
- Use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Identify ways to measure and improve system performance. Think of new ideas and original or creative ways to solve problems.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships, understand and educate internal and external customers. Demonstrates the proper behavior, communication and interaction to meet internal and external customer needs and concerns.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!