Accountant Tax Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant Tax
Sr. Analyst - Revenue Accounting Tax
Important Job Details:
Overview: We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Responsibilities: This position resides on the Revenue Accounting Team within the Controller Organization. This role ensures the Company is in compliance with domestic and international passenger ticket taxes and fees remittance. In addition, this role stays current on applicable laws and regulations as well as works with other Teams including Technology, Tax, and Legal to prioritize work and communicate any changes to Stakeholders. WORK ACTIVITIES/CONTEXT: + Perform journal entries and account reconciliations according to Company policies + Ensures international taxes are paid in compliance with International Air Transport Association, U.S. government regulations, and foreign government regulations Functional Competencies Compliance + Provides guidance to Associate Analyst in preparing reports and ensuring they are submitted by the deadline + Applies tax rules to various scenarios that arise when Company begins to do business in a foreign country + Interprets tax rules to determine how taxes will be collected and paid to all entities Data Analysis + Works with Technology on escalated inconsistencies/errors in revenue accounting system + Gathers and analyzes data to generate forecasting and planning + Analyzes financial data for reporting and trends Research + Prepares Company for flights to new countries by working closely with Tax Consultant Research Planning, who is documenting all registration, filing, and collection /deposit obligations + Analyzes third-party feedback and research internally to resolve disputes and errors + Performs research on more complex situations and tax scenarios Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description. May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: + High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
EDUCATION: + 4 year college degree, emphasis in accounting preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE: + 5 years related business experience + SAP experience preferred LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: + CPA preferred
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: + Ability to perform work duties from desk/office work area for extended periods of time. SKILLS/ABILITIES/KNOWLEDGE/WORK STYLE:
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines. Professional Competencies Communicates Effectively + Provides clear and accurate information in the appropriate format and tone for the audience, including Leadership + Handles complexities and challenges of communicating with foreign entities to understand country’s tax laws and how to apply tax rules + Shares subject matter expertise with confidence and builds trust among diverse Stakeholders Manages Complexity + Interprets how Passenger ticket tax rules will apply to new scenarios and guides Associate Tax Analyst + Partners effectively with Technology and has solid understanding of systems + Helps others make sense of contradictory or ambiguous information Plans and Aligns + Collaborates with Employees/work groups affected by tax changes to find the best solution for the Company as a whole + Keeps both short-term and long-term goals in mind when identifying changes in work processes + Remains focused on organization’s priorities while handling multiple projects and ad hoc requests
Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines. Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post Begin Date7/6/2017
Employment TypeRegular Full-Time
Post a Job
POSITION TITLE: Tax Accountant
REPORTS TO: Tax Manager
LOCATION: World Headquarters – Elkhart, Indiana
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: The position is responsible for maintenance of NIBCO’s tax compliance program.
- Coordinate and prepare property tax returns.
- Gather data and assist in preparing Federal and State tax returns.
- Assist with sales and use tax compliance.
- Gather and analyze relevant data for tax return purposes.
- Research tax laws and regulations as necessary.
- Assist with year-end Federal and State tax provision work.
- Various special tax projects and tax audits.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor degree in Accounting required.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Knowledge of tax compliance and good accounting, communication and financial analysis skills. Strong spreadsheet and computer skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. SAP experience a plus.
- Attention to Detail
- Building Business Partnerships
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Work Standards
Pt/Ft Flex Virtual CPA Or EA Tax Accountant
If you are a talented and experienced CPA or EA looking for the ultimate in work/life balance this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Our unique business model allows you the ultimate in flexibility and income potential.
Some of our team work 100% from their home office while others are free to allocate their time between home and our corporate office in San Diego.
We don’t believe our team should be “killing themselves” by working ungodly hours during tax season.
Our focus is in building strong relationships with our clients and becoming their goto accounting/tax expert so we can serve our clients in a greater capacity, ensuring their success and at the same time keeping the workload manageable.
We are open to both PT and FT availability. If PT we would require a min of 20 hours a week and the ability to check-in daily by addressing and urgent emails or voicemails.
You should be personable, hardworking and someone who can communicate clearly and effectively with clients and team members.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years working in public accounting and have strong attention to detail.
You should have at least 5 completed tax seasons preparing signature ready individual and business tax returns.
Accounting, bookkeeping, and prior QuickBooks experience required.
Duties include tax planning, tax preparation, client advisory, some bookkeeping and review of financial statements.
Potential to grow into management positions within our firm.
We Are Searching For Disciplined and Friendly Individuals Who Possess:
- Helpful Attitude
- Detail-Oriented Attention
- Great Communication Skills
We pride ourselves in thinking differently than the traditional "Old school" accounting firm. We are growth oriented, open to new ideas, technology focused and excel at providing outstanding service to our clients and community. Our core values are centered around: openness, learning, self-improvement, innovation, being non-judgmental and creating a friendly and caring environment. We help our team achieve a flexible work/life balance by utilizing cutting edge technology that allows our team to be location independent when needed.
We seek to build a core team of talented individuals to help grow our company to the next level: making Profitwise Accounting one of the top small business accounting firms in San Diego. If you have both people skills and technical knowledge and want to contribute those skills to a successful, growing company, contact Profitwise NOW!
- Competitive Salary/Incentive Package
- Flexible and relaxed small team work environment
- Consistent Annual Growth / 10+ Years in Business
- Management Opportunities & Ongoing Training
Post a Job
Senior Tax Accountant
Expanding fast- Looking for a dedicated, expansion-driven
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
At Adept Business Solutions (aka Tax Pro Solutions), we’re different. We don’t just record history. We help our clients write it, with a complete lineup of court-tested, IRS-approved concepts and strategies to give them the savings they really want and deserve. Our firm provides a coordinated approach to income tax preparation and pro-active tax planning for business owners and individuals across the United States.
We have been serving Rathdrum, Post Falls, Coeur d'Alene, Hayden, Athol, Spirit Lake, Blanchard, Spokane and the surrounding areas since 1995. We specialize in working with small businesses, churches, and other faith based organizations. We are conveniently located in historic downtown Rathdrum on Main Street. We are actively involved in our local community by serving on the Economic Development Committee and also the December d’Lights committee of the Rathdrum Chamber and serve on the board of the Spirit Lake Chamber.
Our location: 8065 West Main Street, Rathdrum, ID 83858 http://www.adeptbusiness.biz/index.php
- Identify and organize client’s documentation. Facilitation and coordination with clients to obtain
- Prepare and post adjusting journal entries as needed to organize the tax file for preparation.
- Prepare individual, partnership, corporation, and exempt organization tax returns.
- Assist with the preparation of pro-active, customized tax plans.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual financial statement preparation for a variety of clients.
- Take on anything that you can that will save us time. Be willing to roll up your sleeves and help by doing whatever needs to be done so we get the job done timely and efficiently.
- Assist with onboarding new clients - set up a QuickBooks file, download documentation, reconcile accounts, preparation of financial statements, etc.
- Review financial statements prepared by bookkeeping staff
- Meet with clients to discuss financial matters
- Tax return preparation using Lacerte software - individual, business, and exempt organization tax returns
- Take tax appointments
- Tax return review
- Preparation of tax projections
- Assist with tax planning engagements - analysis & preparation of spreadsheets
- Attend community functions - ex: Chamber meetings, etc.
- Mentor bookkeeping & tax staff - be available to answer questions
- Other duties as assigned
- License and education- Enrolled Agent or a CPA with up to date license and PTIN. You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a full-service tax/accounting office.
- Technology – comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn new software. Must have an expert level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, and Lacerte tax software.
- Experience – you are able to accurately prepare business tax returns, higher level personal tax returns, and exempt organization tax returns with minimal assistance.
- Independent – don’t need me to micro-manage things but instead you excel when given clear outcomes for the things you are responsible for.
- Common sense – must possess a great deal of common sense and business sense.
- Multiple tasks – must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks across a broad front (at the same time). You need to be able to move from one to the other in a way that ensures nothing is missed.
- Problem and project owner – you will need to take charge of the project and work independently to see a project through to its completion. You don’t need anyone telling you to start the next step in the process, rather, you consistently complete projects from start to finish and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Self-Starter – you are able to take on projects with meticulous attention to detail and excellence in follow through.
- Resourceful – you always find a way to make it work. Solution oriented.
- Solid people skills – able to get things done by working well with people (clients and staff) in a strong team environment.
- Flexible – you can gracefully handle changing priorities and effectively deal with unexpected obstacles.
- Super organized – able to handle a large variety of projects and make sure nothing slips between the cracks.
- Utterly reliable – I need to be able to count on you, no matter what.
- Completely trustworthy – you stand behind your word and your work.
- Well-spoken – articulate in both written and verbal communication. Possess great phone skills.
- Systems – always looking for ways to create systems and structure to make projects and tasks flow better and be easier for the future.
- Leadership – you will be expected to answer routine questions and help develop other staff members,
- Strong organization skills – ability to leap over hurdles of incomplete data by gathering information necessary to prepare complete and accurate tax returns and tax plans. This includes strong organizations skills and forethought to consider what may be missing.
- Strong customer service skills – our company offers exceptional customer service to each of our clients. It is important that new team members understand and embrace this philosophy.
- Kind to others, team player, good morals, high energy level, flexible, self-confident, predictable, enthusiastic, good self-control, results oriented, objective, analytical thinker.
Depending on your experience and performance record, we offer a salary of $40,000 - $60,000 including monthly commissions, 9 major holidays - paid time, 1 week vacation after 1 year, 2 weeks’ vacation after 2 years, 3 weeks’ vacation after 5 years, 4 sick days/year after 90 days of employment, eligible to participate in SIMPLE plan after 90 days of employment,
NOTE: Additional hours will be required during tax season (January- April), outside of tax season we are open Monday- Thursday. Friday hours are reserved for catching up on various projects and may be taken off if work load is current.
Please do not call the practice. We do NOT accept phone applications. Thank you for applying through the link provided below. Post a Job
Accounting - Cost, Tax And Management Accounting ( Annarbormi48109)
Schlumberger will attend or host university recruitment events for this position in your area. Schlumberger is a global employer who operates in multiple locations across the US. Please note that the location of assignment will differ from the location of the posting listed below.
Management Accountant Key responsibilities:
Running day-to-day operations to meet KPI objectives based on Service Level Agreements (SLA) between the Hub and Geomarket
Performing analysis as and when required by Geomarket
Developing domain expertise
Identifying and reporting critical issues to the supervisor
Preparing, reconciling and reviewing the Balance Sheet notes (including sub systems)
Preparing monthly forecast of the Profit and Loss Accounts for the Operations Controller
Preparing and analysing the Profit and Loss accounts including detailed review of revenue and cost transactions
Controlling and preparing general ledger entries including prepayments, accruals, allocations, etc
Preparing segment analysis and reports for Operations Controller, Operations Manager, Field Segment Managers for planning purposes.
Preparing Fiscal analysis and management fiscal reconciliation in accordance with Local/ Country tax requirements.
Providing support to Geomarket on Tender P&L’s/analysis for Operations Controller and Operations Manager for planning purposes.
Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
Ensuring all reports are submitted within deadlines
Participating in ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required Key Behavioral Factors: Strong oral and written communication skills Interpersonal skills Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to acquire knowledge Team player Ability to work under pressure Requirements: - Bachelor or Masters Degree in Accounting preferred, but will also consider Finance
3.0+ GPA - Bilingual Spanish or Portuguese required for some positions -----------------------------------------
Cost Accountant Job Summary: Ensure that all activities related to the reporting, revenue, cost of good sold, inventory and project accounting are performed according to specifications and given documentation. Support Technology Center Financial Controller with analysis of the business, and assist the management in order to ensure that the financial understanding and control of their business is continuously improved. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Assists with controls and prepares general ledger entries including prepaids, accruals, allocations, etc.
Reviews balance sheet account, reconciles and prepares associated balance sheet notes.
Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost of goods sold transactions.
Prepare the profit and loss statement and the associated comments.
Prepare monthly reporting for the R&E, sustaining and InTouch activities.
Controls inventory including evaluation of product cost, bill or material accuracy, period physical inventory, etc.
Coordinates with Purchasing, Materials and Operations Management on issues of product cost
Assists in the follow up of capital expenditures, perform an annual count.
Assists in establishing standard overhead rates
Supports implementation of manufacturing accounting and control systems.
Implements and complies with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
Complies with applicable company policies’, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving) Competencies:
Advanced skills in Excel and basic knowledge of Access
Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions
Confident oral and written communication skills. Solid presentation skills
Comply with and promote all company and local QHSE Standards Qualifications: - Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting/Finance
0-2 years experience in a financial role in the industry (at least 1 year of cost accounting experience)
3.0+ GPA -------------------------------------
Assistant Tax Accountant Job Summary: Assist Tax Accountant for preparation of analysis, statutory accounts, corporate, indirect and withholding as well as personal tax returns. This is a part-time contract position. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts (preparing and consolidation of audit schedules)
Assisting in the preparation of legal accounts
Assisting in the preparation of corporate, indirect, withholding, personnel income tax and social security returns on monthly and yearly basis and ensuring compliance within filing deadlines Qualifications: - Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Spanish or Portuguese preferred
Proficient in Excel KEY BEHAVIOURAL FACTORS - Oral and written communication skills
Ability to work under pressure
Eager to learn and acquire work related knowledge
Service oriented Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested. Please apply online at careers.slb.com.
Tax Accountant Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Finance 17000COL Requisition # Jun 26, 2017 Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts The Tax Accountant is a member of the Finance Department, and is primarily responsible for preparation of income and franchise tax returns, the tax depreciation calculation, and tax provision (ASC 740) responsibilities. TAX DEPRECIATION:
Tax depreciation calculation, including the calculation of the book/tax depreciation difference INCOME TAX COMPLIANCE: Preparation of income and franchise tax returns TAX LAWS & COMPLIANCE: Develop a knowledge of federal & state tax laws, legislation & current developments affecting the company.Monitor proposed & newly enacted legislation INCOME TAX DISCLOSURES:
Tax provision (ASC 740) responsibilities, as well as franchise tax accrual reconciliation and forecasting INCOME TAX COMPLIANCE: Assist the Senior Tax Accountant with the preparation of state income tax apportionment workpapers INCOME TAX COMPLIANCE: Assist the Senior Tax Accountant with the preparation of international tax supporting schedules and workpapers Bachelor's Degree 1-3 years of experience
Post a Job
Senior Tax Accountant/Lead Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant/Lead Tax Accountant Date:Jul 14, 2017 Location:RICHMOND, VA, US, 23219 Company:Dominion Energy Dominion Energy is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 14,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,500 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion Energy operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers.
Our company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate. Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent.
An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company’s commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity. Job Summary Dominion's CFO Tax department is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant/Lead Tax Accountant.
This role will assist with tax due diligence, including research federal, state, and local tax implications related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business opportunities; research and analyze applicable tax, accounting, and/or business issues related to assigned projects; help formulate and provide recommendations to management on assigned issues; draft memoranda to document analysis and conclusions. Analyze the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations and help to identify potential tax-saving opportunities. May utilize specialized skills to research tax issues at an advanced level, formulating and providing recommendations to management to minimize tax consequences.
May advise management on tax implications of special tax issues related to the energy industry, assist in drafting responses to IRS information requests, state auditor requests, and/or other regulatory authority requests, and assist in training co-workers with respect to new or emerging issues or information. Reviews current processes and recommends and implements changes to procedures and processes. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
There is only one position available to be filled at either the Sr. Tax Accountant, or Lead Tax Accountant level commensurate with the selected candidate’s skills, abilities, and level applied to by the candidate. Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience Lead Tax Accountant + 7 years of tax, accounting, or related experience or 6 years of public accounting experience required.
Senior Tax Accountant + 5 years of tax, accounting, or related experience or 4 years of public accounting experience required. Additional Qualifications Needed: + A combination of knowledge developed through formal education and practical experience that demonstrates an advanced understanding of concepts regarding tax laws and tax accounting practices and procedures.
Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, prepare general tax research memorandums, and formulate recommendations for management.
Ability to review models for tax implications of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business opportunities.
Ability to research complex issues, formulate and develop recommendations to management.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software + Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to coordinate the completion of multiple work assignments and/or projects, provide guidance where necessary, problem solve, and ensure that the project team meets it operational deadlines.
Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others.
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to motivate team members towards completion of work assignments.
Ability to provide critical feedback and peer reviews for assigned work tasks. Education Equivalent Education Level:
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Master , Disciplines: Preferred: Accounting,Economics,Finance , Other Education:
Accounting, Business, Finance, Tax Working Conditions Office Work Environment 76 -100% Test Description No Testing Required Export Control Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants. Other Information We offer excellent plans and programs for employees.
Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career. Nearest Major Market:RichmondJob Segment:ERP, Pipeline, Testing, M&A, Research, Technology, Energy, Management
Senior Accountant - Tax
Tax seniors are integral members of our professional team, and the work performed is at the core of what we do for our clients. As a Tax Senior you have responsibility over providing tax planning and compliance services to high-net-worth individuals and closely held businesses. Tax Seniors are exposed to primarily tax work, but also auditing and accounting providing support to a variety of client engagements. Tax Seniors set up time budgets on engagements they have previously handled and may be asked to direct staff accountants to employ methods which will accomplish the objectives of the engagement.
Our ideal candidate will have acute technical abilities, demonstrated ability to manage client relationships, and the desire to be an intricate part of business development and marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to further develop their career, particularly in pursuit of a partnership track. This full-time position includes competitive compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Trace procedures from origin of transaction through initial recording to final disposition in the accounts (flow charting)
- Prepare workpaper schedules analyzing activity in virtually all general ledger accounts and apply procedures as required by the type of engagement to the data included on the workpaper
- Apply inquiry and analytical procedures to financial data and evaluate the reasonableness of a client’s explanations for variances arising in connection with performing such work
- Assess the reasonableness of estimates used by the client in recording transactions
- Review internal controls and document the understanding in the form of a memorandum, flow chart, checklist or combination thereof
- Classify accounts for financial statement presentation
- Determine the existence of contingent liabilities by review of correspondence with attorneys, examination of minutes, inquiries to clients, etc
- Determine the extent of test-checking required in an audit and select the period to be tested
- Prepare moderately complicated tax returns
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to a supervisor, manager, or partner.
- Write comments for reportable conditions letters
- Prepare routine correspondence to the client for approval and signature of a partner or manager
- Set up books of account for new businesses
- Prepare budgets
- Suggest improvements to engagement management for increased efficiencies in subsequent engagements
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- MUST possess a BS/BA degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- 2 - 3 years progressive experience in public accounting preparing and reviewing tax returns for various types of entities (primarily S-Corp, C-Corp, and Partnerships) and industries, tax planning, client interaction and performing special tax projects for clients; knowledge of partnership taxation in the real estate industry strongly desired
- 1 or more years experience in tax accounting with an emphasis on corporate tax and high net worth self-employed individuals
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Proven technical skills with Excel, Word, and tax preparation software; experience with ProSystem Tax strongly desired
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Strong desire to be an intricate part of business development and marketing strategies
- Strong excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task; must be detail oriented
- Possess positive and professional attitude
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
Benefits: Grossberg Company LLP offers a competitive compensation package including salary, training and opportunities for advancement; medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, retirement program including profit sharing; paid holidays and vacation, cafeteria plan, flex-time policy, company sponsored gym membership, and business casual attire dress code.
Qualified candidates should apply on-line at http://grossberg.catsone.com/careers
Tax Accountant - Sales/Use Tax
Large national company located in Tempe seeks experienced Tax Accountant, Sales/Use Tax professional. Will be responsible for sales & use tax compliance in assigned jurisdictions, reconciling corresponding liability accounts, researching tax rules and regulations and supporting other tax personnel as needed. Ideal candidate will be an independent worker who is dependable, organized and detailed with strong analytical skills. Must be able to interpret tax rules and regulations, and prioritize work. Minimum 2-3 years previous related experience required. This is a 14 week contract assignment. Please apply today for details!
Responsible for preparing individual, trust, partnership, and corporate tax returns; and assisting in client management and practice development activities. The tax accountant is accountable for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner. Prepares administrative reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to Tax Manager
Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Ability to lead projects and resolve issues independently
Exceptional critical thinking & problem solving skills
Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Superior grammar, spelling, and proof-reading skills
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Highly motivated self-directed and fast learner with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
Dedicated to superior client service
Analytical: Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Initiative: Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
Advanced degree in accounting is highly desirable, but not mandatory
CPA certification (active, or in process) preferred
Minimum of 3-5years of professional experience, preferably ina local public accounting firm
Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
Strong Knowledge and understanding of state and federal taxes
Broad exposure to federal income taxation and awareness of tax regulations
Tax staff should be familiar with IRS Circular 230 Regulations Governing the Practice of Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Actuaries and Enrolled Agents before the IRS and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct. It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm’s code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures
Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments
Prepare various federal and state income tax returns for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations
Prepare various personal property tax returns
Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax
Assist in federal and state audits
Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area
Assist in financial planning and analysis
Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings
Gain understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives
Possess an understanding of state and federal tax issues
Perform other job-related duties as necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, key, handle, feel or operate office machinery, objects or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time; upwards of 90% of the day.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, balance, stoop, kneel or bend. (10%)
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, they are in no way all inclusive. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the office.
The employee frequently works at a desk or on various other office equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Supervised by the Tax Manager. Works closely and maintains communications with management team, accounting department, payroll department, office staff, and external counterparts, such as clients and regulatory bodies.
Full-time, salaried position of 40 hours per week. Occasional overtime as required.