Accountant Tax Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant Tax
Forensic Accountant Tax Audit Litigation
Forensic Accountant Tax Audit Litigation Forensic Accountant Tax Audit Litigation
CPA, Public Accounting, Tax, audit If you have 3+ years of Tax or Audit experience in large public accounting firms, please read on! Based in Irvine, CA we are a well known full-service consulting and CPA firm on the west coast with some of largest cases in the country and earned the reputation for being one of the most knowledgeable, prudent and trustworthy firms in the community. Currently we are looking for a professional with public accounting background in Tax or Audit that would like to advance their career in our litigation practice. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to tell you more!
Top Reasons to Work with Us - Excellent Reputation and growing firm
Real opportunity for career growth!
Solid and diverse client base
Diverse range of assignments and industry exposure.
Be involved in almost all areas with partners
Make a difference in your community
What You Will Be Doing
Tax and accounting analyses (real estate apportionments, stock options, pension plan allocations, reimbursements) - Preparing gross cash flow, balance sheets
What You Need for this Position
CPA - 3+ years experience in large public accounting firm (Big 4 ideal) in tax or audit What's In It for You We offer excellent compensation packages, bonuses, health benefits and a great location with friendly environment. We are a top tier company and care about work-life balance.
PTO, FSA, 401k, Life Insurance, ST & LT disability insurance
Continuing professional education
Mentorship So, if you have 3+ years of Tax or Audit experience in a large public accounting firm, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Forensic Accountant Tax Audit LitigationCA-IrvineGL1-1338543
Post a Job
Sr. Tax Accountant - Tax Experience And Tax Preparation Required
Boutique Public Accounting firm with high-end clientele searching for an experienced Senior Accountant or Tax Accountant to assist with providing excellent services to their client group. Our client is a San Diego-based certified public accounting and consulting firm which provides services to corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts. Some of the services offered include accounting, business consulting, tax preparation, tax planning, financial planning, estate & trust, retirement planning, and international tax through global allied partners.
Principal Job Duties:
Preparation of tax returns (corporate and individual tax returns and also sales tax, commercial activity tax, etc) for corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts. Advising clients regarding the structuring of transactions and entities and providing consultation regarding accounting and tax planning and other tax matters. Possible review of junior staff returns depending on level of experience. Review journal entries and client General Ledgers in order to produce financial statements and/or tax returns. Handling client special requests in a timely manner.
- 4 to 10 years of CPA firm / public accounting experience.
- Tax experience and tax preparation required.
- General business consulting knowledge.
- CPA Certified is a plus.
- Some client relations experience required. Experience dealing with Mexico clientele and Mexico business structure is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Experience with accounting software and tax preparation software required; preferably Lacerte and Quickbooks.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- General office skills and knowledge of general accounting policies required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be organized with good follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, while working under high pressure situations
- Must have good customer service skills
- Open to flexible hours, as needed.
Senior Tax Advisor | Tax Accountant
Our client is a well-known growing CPA firm located in Naples, Florida. They have been serving the Southwest Florida area for over 40 years and have an unsurpassed reputation in the community. Our client is seeking a motivated CPA - Senior Tax Advisor to join their team to deliver high quality tax services and offer personal attention to their portfolio of high net worth clients. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work in a smaller environment and an opportunity for leadership.
- In-depth experience in taxation including individual, partnership, corporate, trust and estates taxation, trust and estates administration and individual and corporate tax planning
- Prepares and reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals and businesses
- Prepares tax planning and estimates and becomes involved in the planning process
- Develops and role models an understanding of firm philosophy, values and tax knowledge
- Ability to work with high net-worth individuals including business owners, professionals and investors
- Develops strong working relationships with clients
- Contributes to the team by producing high quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service
- Establishes good working relationships with all staff
- Makes presentations to external clients and prospects
- Hold a current and valid CPA license
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years public accounting experience in taxation
- Very proficient with personal and business tax returns
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Research proficiency
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Demonstrates initiative, commitment, creativity, and imagination in approaching work
- Enjoys working autonomously, self-motivated and a team player
- Well-rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals and businesses
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Tax Software experience; CCH Axcess Tax experience a plus
- Bachelors in Accounting or related field. Advanced (Masters) degree in taxation preferred.
- CPA license
Excellent compensation and benefits package
Senior Tax Accountant/Lead Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant/Lead Tax Accountant Date:Sep 10, 2017 Location:RICHMOND, VA, US, 23219 Company:Dominion Energy Dominion Energy is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 14,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,500 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion Energy operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers.
Our company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate. Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent.
An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company’s commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity. Job Summary Dominion's CFO Tax department is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant/Lead Tax Accountant.
This role will assist with tax due diligence, including research federal, state, and local tax implications related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business opportunities; research and analyze applicable tax, accounting, and/or business issues related to assigned projects; help formulate and provide recommendations to management on assigned issues; draft memoranda to document analysis and conclusions. Analyze the impact of new or proposed tax laws and/or interpretations and help to identify potential tax-saving opportunities. May utilize specialized skills to research tax issues at an advanced level, formulating and providing recommendations to management to minimize tax consequences.
May advise management on tax implications of special tax issues related to the energy industry, assist in drafting responses to IRS information requests, state auditor requests, and/or other regulatory authority requests, and assist in training co-workers with respect to new or emerging issues or information. Reviews current processes and recommends and implements changes to procedures and processes. Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
There is only one position available to be filled at either the Sr. Tax Accountant, or Lead Tax Accountant level commensurate with the selected candidate’s skills, abilities, and level applied to by the candidate. Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience Lead Tax Accountant + 7 years of tax, accounting, or related experience or 6 years of public accounting experience required.
Senior Tax Accountant + 5 years of tax, accounting, or related experience or 4 years of public accounting experience required. Additional Qualifications Needed: + A combination of knowledge developed through formal education and practical experience that demonstrates an advanced understanding of concepts regarding tax laws and tax accounting practices and procedures.
Knowledge of tax research methods with ability to interpret tax laws, prepare general tax research memorandums, and formulate recommendations for management.
Ability to review models for tax implications of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business opportunities.
Ability to research complex issues, formulate and develop recommendations to management.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with ERP software + Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to coordinate the completion of multiple work assignments and/or projects, provide guidance where necessary, problem solve, and ensure that the project team meets it operational deadlines.
Ability to provide technical assistance and training to others.
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to motivate team members towards completion of work assignments.
Ability to provide critical feedback and peer reviews for assigned work tasks. Education Equivalent Education Level:
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Master , Disciplines: Preferred: Accounting,Economics,Finance , Other Education:
Accounting, Business, Finance, Tax Working Conditions Office Work Environment 76 -100% Test Description No Testing Required Export Control Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants. Other Information We offer excellent plans and programs for employees.
Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career. Nearest Major Market:RichmondJob Segment:Pipeline, ERP, Testing, M&A, Energy, Research, Technology, Management
Tax Accountant - Sales/Use Tax
Large national company located in Tempe seeks experienced Tax Accountant, Sales/Use Tax professional. Will be responsible for sales & use tax compliance in assigned jurisdictions, reconciling corresponding liability accounts, researching tax rules and regulations and supporting other tax personnel as needed. Ideal candidate will be an independent worker who is dependable, organized and detailed with strong analytical skills. Must be able to interpret tax rules and regulations, and prioritize work. Minimum 2-3 years previous related experience required. This is a 14 week contract assignment. Please apply today for details!
Senior Tax Accountant (Gpa Tax Team)
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT (Irvine, CA)
We are looking or a Senior Tax Accountant. This is a consulting position for 18 months and will be based out of Irvine. The hourly pay rate is $72/hour.
Candidate will be working for GPA (Global Portfolio Accounting) tax team that manages monthly tax preparations and provision calculations. Candidates must have corporate tax return preparation experience. Position will be a hybrid of tax preparation and review. You MUST have 5 years or more experience with tax returns. Candidates MUST be familiar with GAAP and Mutual Funds tax experience is highly preferred. Please note that US Tax experience is a requirement. Non-US Tax experience is helpful but not required. Please send your resume in MS Word format.
- Manage monthly tax preparations and provision calculations.
- Perform review of tax preparation and provision calculations.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of more with tax returns.
- Must have US Tax experience and Mutual Fund Tax experience is highly preferred.
Senior Tax Accountant - Tax Policy
Position Summary: Analysis of indirect tax related issues including state sales, use and property taxes. Ensure appropriate customer support, tax decisions and development of tax policy through research and interpretation of tax law and legislative activity. Maintain transactional tax calculation rules and policies supporting all tax systems and processes.
Resolve tax related customer issues
Review and apply appropriate tax treatment for new contract
Review and approve sales tax exemption certificates
Apply exemptions to customer profiles as required
Maintain tax rates impacting various billing and transactional systems and processes
Oversee and maintain vehicle sales processes including administration of various systems and processes.
Interpret and apply existing tax law to Penske processes and procedures
Monitor legislative activity for potential tax impact
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications: - 4-6 years of accounting/tax experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required
Master Degree in Tax a plus
Strong analytical and communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office application software
Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Access required
Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Gundy Drive Reading, PA
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Finance/Accounting Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Finance/Accounting
Req ID: 1708241
Post a Job
CPA Accountant - Senior Tax Accountant
$75K+ CPA to help run a small firm based in the Cary-Apex area. This is a really incredible opportunity to help grow this established firm and grow with the firm with ownership/partnership opportunities in the very near future. Established public accounting firm is looking for a full or part time Senior Tax & Accounting Associate. The ideal candidate MUST have a NC CPA license and 5+ years of corporate, partnership, and individual tax experience. Audit experience a plus. The position requires:
- Work full time while also working overtime from January 1 to April 15 and as needed throughout the year; comp time available after
- Experience with Creative Solutions Software, Quickbooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identification of opportunities for expanded services to existing clients including business development
- Development of outside relationships with a goal to foster long-term business development opportunities (through membership involvement with professional groups, community service and personal relationships)
- Perform other essential duties as needed An excellent benefits package is available.
Please forward your resume, letter of application and salary requirements for consideration. EOE
- Tax Accounting: 5+ years
- Public Accounting: 5+ years
- Accounting: 7+ years
Staff/Senior Tax Accountant To Learn International Tax
You will not see this opportunity anywhere else. Our client has retained us exclusively to search for this person.
My client has quietly built itself into one of the best international CPA tax firms in South Florida. Due to their growth, they seek a strong Tax Accountant with 3-5 years experience in public accounting to step into a unique opportunity to start managing your own portfolio of international tax clients and be mentored by the best in the industry.
3-5 years in public accounting.
Experience preparing 1040, 1120, 1065, 5471, 5472, FBAR and other tax forms.
Ultra tax, Pro Systems, CS and Quick books
Advanced Excel skills
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master's degree preferred.
Excellent salary and benefits base on experience.
If you feel you qualify for this special opportunity in a very special firm OR if you know of any outstanding candidates in your referral network, please contact me with a resume and a contact number for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
In a world of generalists, Mughal & Associates are proven specialists. We believe that our unparalleled customer service and valued relationships is what sets us apart. Our team of seasoned professionals and industry experts deliver a level of knowledge, service and quality placements difficult to find in the South Florida market.
Senior Tax Accountant - Corporate Tax
- Apply tax knowledge to preparation of tax returns
- Work effectively in analyzing business transactions
- Gather data from client and third party sources
- Perform tax research with view for alternatives to satisfy client's objections
- Client management and participation in marketing/business development
- Participation in recruitment and supervision of entry-level staff
- 3-5 years of tax preparation experience; specifically with S-Corp and Partnership returns.
- CPA license or candidate, or Enrolled Agent
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Excellent work ethic and a sense of humor are a must!
- Knowledge of CCH ProSystems Tax, CCH Engagement, and QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of ASC 740
- High net worth individual and fiduciary tax experience is a plus.