Accountant Tax Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Accountant Tax
Accounting Tax Manager
Accounting Tax Manager
ENTREPRENEURIAL..ADVANCE YOUR CAREER...WORK LIFE BALANCE
Our Baton Rouge office is currently searching for an Experienced Tax Manager to join our growing team.
Qualifications for Accounting Tax Manager:
- The ideal candidate will have 6 + years of accounting and tax experience, preferably with a small to medium-sized public accounting firm .
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university.
- CPA license.
Accountant Tax Preparer
Modern Bend CPA firm is looking for an accountant/tax preparer willing to work hard with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in tax preparation, bookkeeping, compiled financial statement prep and helping small business succeed. We are looking for an individual who is a team player and wants to be a part of a well respected, fun successful firm. Compensation depends on experience and includes benefits.
Tax Accountant - Sales And Use
- Public Accounting preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- 3+ years of Sales & Use experience (multi-state) required
- Experience with OneSource Tax Software is preferred, other tax software will be considered
- Experience in addressing tax jurisdiction inquiries and resolving such inquiries/issues
- Some experience with Federal, State and Local Income Tax returns and supporting documentation
- Strong EXCEL / Microsoft Office experience and knowledge required
Post a Job
Senior Tax Accountant
Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc. has been engaged by a national CPA firm in Sacramento, California to assist in finding the right candidate fit for their Senior Tax Accountant need.
- Manages tasks independently and within budget
- Possesses a desire to grow with the Firm / desire for upward mobility
- Participates in management and board presentations
- Provides effective and timely feedback and mentoring to staff associates
- Thrives in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of two years of Tax experience in public accounting firm.
- Big 4 or large national firm experience preferred
- Active CPA License or in thee process go getting the CPA
Post a Job
Accounting Tax Manager
Experienced Accounting Tax Manager needed at our growing mid-Atlantic regional accounting firm. At Ryan & Wetmore, we encourage both personal and professional growth and offer the opportunity to refine existing skills and expand your knowledge base - APPLY TODAY!
Accounting Tax Managers serve clients by:
- Providing tax compliance, planning, and advisory services to Ryan & Wetmore, P.C. clients
- Proactively researching existing and proposed tax law to determine impact on clients' financial position; present finding / recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Experience and understanding of flow through taxation, Partnership and S Corp.
- Reviewing work papers prepared by staff; recommend changes, additional documentation, research, and calculations as necessary to comply with applicable tax law and Firm policy
- Participating in business development activities to increase client base; attend networking events and industry meetings and partake in thought leadership and speaking engagements
- Leading client relationships on day to day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services.
- Planning and participating in tax projects and compliance on various clients including law firms, engineering firms, medical and other types of professional service businesses
- Communicating with business owners as well as the internal accounting and tax departments of business clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
- Recommending tax strategies and solutions by being a thought leader understanding client's business requirements and current market conditions
- Interacting directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management
- Assisting with business development activities by expanding existing client relationships and proposal participation and new business prospect sales appointments
- Managing, supervising, training and leading the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process
- Managing engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
- Assisting with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrating excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
Candidate Requirements for Accounting Tax Manager:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of public accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Masters in Taxation, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- Active CPA license required
- Experience reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, multi-state, partnerships and individual tax returns
- Strong technical proficiency
- Willing to travel locally (DC/MD/VA); limited travel involved
- Excellent analytical, technical and tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, S Corporations, C Corporations and Pass through experience
- Experience in preparation and review of Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership tax returns is required
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Strong leadership and business development skills and integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast paced environment
- Computer software experience, including knowledge of various tax software packages and technologies, is expected.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites as required, is expected.
Benefits (just to name a few):
- Path to partner opportunities available
- Competitive salary
- Summer Fridays-off program
- Incentive time off plan for overtime hours
- After tax season firm trip
- Comprehensive benefits programs, including 401(k)
- PTO and 10 paid holidays annually
- Firm supported training opportunities
- Parking reimbursement
- Paid professional accounting memberships and licenses
Pt/Ft Flex Virtual CPA Or EA Tax Accountant
If you are a talented and experienced CPA or EA looking for the ultimate in work/life balance this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Our unique business model allows you the ultimate in flexibility and income potential.
Some of our team work 100% from their home office while others are free to allocate their time between home and our corporate office in San Diego.
We don’t believe our team should be “killing themselves” by working ungodly hours during tax season.
Our focus is in building strong relationships with our clients and becoming their goto accounting/tax expert so we can serve our clients in a greater capacity, ensuring their success and at the same time keeping the workload manageable.
We are open to both PT and FT availability. If PT we would require a min of 20 hours a week and the ability to check-in daily by addressing and urgent emails or voicemails.
You should be personable, hardworking and someone who can communicate clearly and effectively with clients and team members.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years working in public accounting and have strong attention to detail.
You should have at least 5 completed tax seasons preparing signature ready individual and business tax returns.
Accounting, bookkeeping, and prior QuickBooks experience required.
Duties include tax planning, tax preparation, client advisory, some bookkeeping and review of financial statements.
Potential to grow into management positions within our firm.
We Are Searching For Disciplined and Friendly Individuals Who Possess:
- Helpful Attitude
- Detail-Oriented Attention
- Great Communication Skills
We pride ourselves in thinking differently than the traditional "Old school" accounting firm. We are growth oriented, open to new ideas, technology focused and excel at providing outstanding service to our clients and community. Our core values are centered around: openness, learning, self-improvement, innovation, being non-judgmental and creating a friendly and caring environment. We help our team achieve a flexible work/life balance by utilizing cutting edge technology that allows our team to be location independent when needed.
We seek to build a core team of talented individuals to help grow our company to the next level: making Profitwise Accounting one of the top small business accounting firms in San Diego. If you have both people skills and technical knowledge and want to contribute those skills to a successful, growing company, contact Profitwise NOW!
- Competitive Salary/Incentive Package
- Flexible and relaxed small team work environment
- Consistent Annual Growth / 10+ Years in Business
- Management Opportunities & Ongoing Training
Post a Job
Tax Accountant - Partnership Track
Excellent Company Looking To Add A Tax Manager or Audit Manager To Their Team!
Our client provides a full range of accounting services from tax planning and compliance, auditing and accounting, review of business procedures & operations. QuickBooks training and support, estate planning & trust, conservatorship and probate accounting. Their well-trained team members offer quality professional services to a list of distinguished clientele in a casual professional atmosphere. They pride themselves on the caliber of their employees and offer regular continuing education and other training opportunities. They have also invested in technology assets to provide a modern work environment.
- Preparation of financial statements and income tax returns
- Advanced degree in taxation is preferred
- Candidates should have five to seven year's experience in individual, corporate and partnership taxation
- Public Accounting
- 2 year's experience as a tax manager
- 4+ years current tax preparation experience of Private Companies, High Net-Worth Individuals, Trust & not-For-Profit entities in a CPA Firm
- Bachelor's Degree required & Master's preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Proficient in QuickBooks and payroll a plus
- CPA license in California
- Trust & Estate experience a plus
- Integrity, Intellectual, Strength & Agility
- Great work ethic, whatever it takes to get the job done
- Passionate learner and welcome opportunities to be stretched
- Bring Entrepreneurial to the role
- An energized professional - seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy with clients
- Engaging & thriving, building relationships internally & externally
Sponsor/Transfer H-1B and/or H-2B: NO
Accept Current Year Residents: NO
Sponsor/Transfer Work Permits: NO
US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Relocation assistance available for regional candidates Post a Job
At Avitus Group, you’ll be part of a team that inspires thousands of people to be more creative, do better work, and concentrate on the things that they love to do. Our business support services are the very best at helping dreams grow.
Avitus Group is seeking a Tax Associate. We will be filling this position in our Century City, CA Tax office. If you are looking for a position with a growing tax practice where you have potential for growth, this is a great opportunity. Avitus Group has Tax offices in 4 states and we intend to grow our footprint across the US.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 4 years in Public Accountancy
- CPA preferred
- MS in Taxation a bonus!
- Someone interested in growth opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Full Benefits
- Great Work Culture
Post a Job
Senior Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant
- Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
- Prepare estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Research and prepare work papers for various books to tax differences.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
- Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepare various personal property tax returns.
- Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
- Research projects.
- Assist in federal and state audits.
- Maintain our tax preparation system.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
- Other tax projects as they arise.
- Assist in financial planning and analysis.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred. Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable.
- CPA required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software; Pro System Fx or similar tax software.
Staff/Senior Tax Accountant To Learn International Tax
You will not see this opportunity anywhere else. Our client has retained us exclusively to search for this person.
My client has quietly built itself into one of the best international CPA tax firms in South Florida. Due to their growth, they seek a strong Tax Accountant with 3-5 years experience in public accounting to step into a unique opportunity to start managing your own portfolio of international tax clients and be mentored by the best in the industry.
3-5 years in public accounting.
Experience preparing 1040, 1120, 1065, 5471, 5472, FBAR and other tax forms.
Ultra tax, Pro Systems, CS and Quick books
Advanced Excel skills
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master's degree preferred.
Excellent salary and benefits base on experience.
If you feel you qualify for this special opportunity in a very special firm OR if you know of any outstanding candidates in your referral network, please contact me with a resume and a contact number for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
In a world of generalists, Mughal & Associates are proven specialists. We believe that our unparalleled customer service and valued relationships is what sets us apart. Our team of seasoned professionals and industry experts deliver a level of knowledge, service and quality placements difficult to find in the South Florida market.