Accounting Manager Job Description Sample
Accounting Manager - Public Accounting
You’ve probably heard the news: Music City is the new “It City.” Business is booming. Contractors are building. Homes are selling. Restaurants are opening. Nashville is growing. And so are we.
Job Responsibilities – Manager, Accounting Services Group
- Manage a client base consisting of small to mid-market clients
- Perform year-end accounting & tax engagements independently & efficiently
- Consistent high quality work product with attention to detail
- Serve as a technical resource to the firm and its clients
- Manage own work flow, including proper delegation when appropriate to staff according to their experience and capabilities, and coordination with partners on all phases of the engagement
- Proactive effort to develop new business with both current and prospective clients
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff
- Review the accounting working papers and determine that the engagement has been performed in accordance with professional standards and the terms of the arrangement letter
- Work independently with clients in their office to assist with month end/year end closing and accounting issues
Essential Job Requirements
- 6-10 years of public accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with SAGE 100 and/or Foundation Software a plus
- An active CPA license is required
- Acts in a professional manner with management & staff (internal & external)
- Experience working with small to medium size businesses
- Ability to juggle multiple projects efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in general accounting & tax
Now in its third generation of owners, KraftCPAs has demonstrated successful succession planning, which contributes to the strength of the firm and the consistently high level of personal service our clients enjoy.
STONE TOWER WINERY in Leesburg, Va is seeking an Accounting Manager
Nestled upon 300 acres in Loudoun County, Stone Tower Winery is a fast growing, family owned and operated winery dedicated to making premium estate-driven wines. In addition to producing wine of exceptional quality, excellence in hospitality and customer service is essential to the fulfillment of this goal. We value integrity in our relationships, sustainable growth, leadership, teamwork and accountability in everything we do. Come join our team of top class performers!
This is a hands-on position, reporting directly to the President.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts and disbursements, cost and inventory accounting, fixed assets, intercompany transactions, allocations, and payroll
- Create and report departmental budgets in conjunction with President and Department Heads in monthly budget meetings
- Close books monthly, including the issuance of financial statements by the 15th of following month.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing, and automating financial transaction processing and reporting
- Evaluate, recommend and implement internal controls, accounting policies, procedures and systems, where appropriate
- Direct all inventory and cost accounting functions. Reconcile all inventory movements and coordinate cycle counts and physical inventory. Review and improve inventory costing methodologies. Prepare annual vintage costing.
- Play a key role in the planning and execution of system upgrades and enhancements as well as integrations between information systems
- Complete ad hoc reporting and analysis as assigned
- Work independently to analyze and consult management on recommended changes relating to overall business improvements
- Manage and mentor the bookkeeper by clarifying roles and responsibilities and developing and implementing training program to optimize individual performance. Cultivate and maintain a culture of accountability.
- Supervise and conduct external reporting as required for a Virginia winery, and government filings such as Sales Tax, business taxes, payroll taxes, property taxes, US census reports, TTB, VA ABC and wage reporting.
- Assist employees with questions concerning the health plan and provide assistance with enrollment and forms to file claims. Administer the 401K plan, processing new enrollments, rollovers, and loan requests for eligible employees.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems processes and data and enhance the company’s value
- Work closely with offsite CPA firm to facilitate end of year close out
- Administer and monitor company credit card program
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Perform other duties as required by the President.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 4+ years of full-cycle bookkeeping experience is required
- Experience with QuickBooks required
- eWinery POS system experience preferred
- Problem solver with a strong sense of commitment
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Passion and curiosity for continued process improvement
- Wine industry experience helpful; not required
Salary commensurate with experience.
Accounting Manager - Saas (Recently Public)
A recently public SaaS company in San Francisco is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their growing organization. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for managing the global close, day to day operations, deadlines, and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation. The position requires a hands-on, driven, accounting profession who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Participate in worldwide financial close, including journal entries, reconciliations, global consolidation, and financial statement analytics
- Manage the team to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner, in accordance with company policies and deadlines
- Manage and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Interface with external auditors and respond to PBC requests
- Assist in ASC 606 revenue recognition as needed
- Assist in the development and implementation of global accounting policies, procedures and company-wide initiatives
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities as required
- BA/BS - Bachelor’s Degree, required; CPA a plus.
- Experience with consolidation and international accounting
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to make quick judgment calls on priorities and multi-task
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves
- Solid communication skills and a collaborating attitude
APG offers an end-to-end solution for employers regardless of company size or scope. From start-ups to Fortune 50 companies, ARC Placement Group LLC will provide your placement solutions with quality and efficiency. If you have already worked with APG or the ARC family (www.arcconsultingllc.com), you already know the quality results that you have come to expect will be delivered.
Controller Accounting Manager
Cater To You Food Service has a great work/life balance
Specializing in providing our 20 private schools with fresh, quality, healthy meals for 30 years, Cater to You is seeking a Controller for our corporate office. We offer a great work environment, competitive salaries, a full benefits package, generous time off and an opportunity for advancement. If you are seeking an exciting career in food service and have a go-getter attitude, eye for detail, a pleasant demeanor, and a good work ethic, we would love to hear from you.
Together we achieve Excellence
Cater To You, Inc. located in NoHo Manhattan has an exciting opportunity for a Controller in our Accounting Department.
We care about each other and foster a positive, respectful and diverse team
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives and holding them accountable
- Oversee the accounting operations and staff of the company, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Provide coaching, feedback and development opportunities to junior staff members
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Streamline processes and communicate and update COO on progress and developments. Formulate goals and objectives with measurable results
- Communicate, Coordinate and Collaborate with different departments to achieve overall company objectives
Day to day
- Maintain a system of controls , ensure accuracy, checks and balances and quality of reconcile transactions
- Oversee and manage all day-to-day activities within the accounting department
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Prepare for timely month end close
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
And all other duties required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other relevant degree preferred (CPA a plus)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a Finance & Accounting role
- Technical and functional skills in financial controlling
- Ability to motivate, develop and manage a team and create efficiencies
- Customer service focus
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits excellent professional ethics
- Good collaborative skills when working with other departments
- Superior skills in Excel and Quickbooks
We live by our values and are disciplined about staying true to them
We believe in providing consistent, quality food services focused on the customer. We know from our 30 years of experience that service and quality are critical for success in the hospitality industry. It's what our customers demand in every facility we operate. And it's exactly what we deliver.
For us, quality begins with a commitment to provide school meals that are local, sustainable, traceable, and as seasonal as possible, natural and free of antibiotics and hormones. We are committed to using local resources are not just from farms, but also from our schools and our communities - whether that means buying fresh bread from a favorite, bakery around the corner or exploring new partnerships.
We are also committed to education. Through our What's on Your Plate? program, we help students understand the nutritional, seasonal, economic and environmental impact of the foods they choose to eat. The more we all know, the better it is for our children, our communities and our planet.
Accounting Manager Job In Irvine, CA
$100,000 - $150,000
Bachelor of Science
Candidates must currently be employed with a Big-4 or national CPA firm as Seniors or Managers specializing in either external or internal audit, complex accounting transactions, and or SOX / risk management.
We are a specialized boutique accounting and consulting services firm offering an exceptional career opportunity featuring high base salaries and bonuses (paid monthly and annually), a very reasonable work life balance, and fast track career growth. We are looking for a Manager level accounting professional to help double the size of our firm in three years. As a result, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic environment that is a playground for highly skilled, self-motivated professionals. You will manage 1-2 concurrent project teams which advise and collaborate with high growth companies on significant equity transactions including their initial public offering (IPO) process and solve complex technical accounting issues. You will also manage project teams to assist with SOX compliance and internal audit projects for companies that range from newly public high growth entities in rapidly changing environments to the largest entertainment and public companies in Orange County. Candidates must currently be employed with Big-4 or national CPA firms as Seniors or Managers specializing in either external or internal audit, complex accounting transactions, and or SOX / risk management. Aside from the Manager position in Irvine, we also have career opportunities available for Seniors, Managers, and a Director in Los Angeles.
If you’re interested, here is the challenge for your first year with our firm.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) in several complex accounting areas through on the job feedback, performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs including monthly CPE and SME training.
- Research and resolve complex accounting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of the US GAAP structure. Common complex accounting areas include revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, preferred stock, business combinations, and consolidation.
- Review accounting transactions related to public offerings, inclusive of performing audit preparation work, and documenting significant accounting policies.
- Review and prepare the financial statements and footnote disclosures in S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K filings related to IPO, debt offerings and acquisitions.
- Demonstrating clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Given the startup environment of our clients, the ability to adapt to unexpected changes to timelines, deadlines, and the scope of work is a must.
- Responding to client needs and balancing the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress.
- Ensure quality deliverables of internal control processes on 3-4 projects by:
- Reviewing process narratives and control test results and arriving at sound conclusions on design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Collaborate with firm clients to develop process improvements and remediation plans which address identified deficiencies.
- Demonstrating clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Successfully manage assigned projects demonstrated by timely completion of quality deliverables within budget. Project management skills include resource scheduling, leading client status update meetings, communicating budget to actual progress, and resolving timeline delays through proactive client communication.
- Responding to client needs and balancing the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress.
Requires a CPA or CIA license (or working toward certification) with hands-on knowledge of SOX, COSO, and PCAOB requirements. Will assist with interview expenses and relocation for out of town candidates. Open to sponsoring transfers of existing TN or H1 visas from Big-4 candidates currently working in the U. S.
Accounting Manager #8591
Midwest Professional Staffing is recruiting for an Accounting Manager for a client in Clive, IA to manage all financial activities of the office. The ideal candidate for this role will have a 5+ years of experience and desires small company atmosphere.
Type: Direct Hire
Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
Pay: Dependent on experience!
- Complete the company payroll
- Manage all daily/monthly accounting activities
- Present monthly financial reporting
- Balance and maintain general ledger
- Complete reconciliations
- Assist with payroll taxes, garnishments and commissions
- Manage payables and reports
- Act as a liaison for benefits/payroll inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 5+ years of Accounting or related experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
We are a staffing firm dedicated to connecting talented candidates with outstanding companies. Midwest Professional Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. Join our team and reach your true potential!
Join a growing industry leader in property management!
If you enjoy managing processes and working hands-on with your staff, then this is the accounting position for you!
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for managing assigned Accounting Supervisor-Regional teams to include but not limited to: hiring, onboarding, training, mentoring, managing leaves of absences, setting goals and monitoring performance standards. Develops training programs for accounting department.
- Review financial statements of regional teams for accuracy, including compliance of accounting standards, budgetary considerations, owner expenditures, and communicating financial activities to clients/investors/financial users.
- Coordinates filing of unclaimed property with third party consultant.
- Assists in the compilation of year-end tax and audit work.
- Assists with the coordination of necessary set up for new acquisitions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3+ years’ accounting, audit or relevant experience
- Previous supervisory and training experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office application skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A positive, motivating and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment:The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment, but may also occasionally operate in an outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, occasionally move about the office, constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, communicate regularly and effectively with others, both written and verbally, and may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
The ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans :
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Career :
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Your Money Management :
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance :
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Miller Cooper is assisting with this search. Please do NOT contact the Company directly.
Westran Thermal designs, engineers and manufactures game changing thermal processing solutions that are the "perfect fit" for our manufacturing (non-food) customers. The founders started with an old world industrial oven manufacturing company: one with a heritage of superior oven engineering and design; and transformed it with 3D design technology, as well as advanced systems that integrate the customer’s technical needs culled in the sales process, with our design, engineering and manufacturing processes. Westran Thermal currently sells under the Precision Quincy (www.pqovens.com) and Infratrol (www.infratrol.com) brands. Our people seek to disrupt what some would consider a mature industry with 10x improvements in the areas of performance over energy use, delivery time and connectivity. Westran Thermal is headquartered in
South Beloit, Illinois.Position
We’re looking for an experienced, well-organized and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to manage and improve accounting processes at a young, fast-growing company. You will work as a member of a highly motivated team responsible for managing the complete accounting lifecycle to ensure success in terms of both revenue, costs, cash flow and the timely release of financial reporting.
- Handle month end close process, including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations as well as general ledger entries
- Manage accounts receivable/accounts payable functions, as well as onboarding new vendors and customers
- Handle daily deposits, payment application and day to day cash management
- Prepare financial statements, including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Prepare cash flow projections
- Participate in creating the annual budget
- Assist CPA firm personnel with audit and tax related matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting (or finance) and 5-10 years of accounting experience
- Deep understanding of GAAP
- Ability to read and identify errors with Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak to, corporate leadership, partners, and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to see all tasks through to completion, consistently, with a high attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, a must, and JobBoss and Crystal Reports, a plus
What you’ll do
The Accounting Manager is responsible for management company A/P, A/R, fixed assets and payroll as well as leading and supervising a team of accounting staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full maintenance of the company general ledger, chart of accounts, and all financial records
- Lead the efforts to effectively close the books monthly within 2 business days
- Management of A/P, A/R, fixed assets, and payroll, including Staff leadership and supervision
- Participate in Division wide planning model, with major focus on balance sheet and cash flow
- Company financial reporting including the preparation of regular financial statements, necessary regulatory filings, and specialized management reports
- Analyze and prepare accurate and timely weekly/monthly cash forecasts
- Coordinate and interface with external auditors on annual audits
- Maintain a strong system of internal controls and governance and ensure strong GRiP scores on an annual basis
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Interface with ADP and North American Services on payroll or other general accounting matters as they relate to Garden Grove.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university required.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, government reporting and audit experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 3+ years of leadership/management experience in accounting, government reporting and/or audit experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience working in the aerospace industry preferred.
- Experience with corporate and external audit preferred.
- Experience with AS 400, ADP, KCI-Control, and Sage/FAS preferred.
- Government accounting & reporting (FAR/CAS) and cost/inventory accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP (IFRS knowledge is a plus) accounting, internal controls, internal financial reporting and statement analysis.
- Working knowledge of ERP system, Microsoft Office (high Excel), and Hyperion/Oracle.
In addition to a competitive base salary, employees receive a substantial benefits package that includes: Comprehensive Health/Life/Disability Insurance, Health Club Membership and a 401(k)/Profit-Sharing Plan. We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect, commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth.
About the job:
We are continuing our growth objectives and are seeking a Accounting Manager (CPA required) to join our firm. Reporting to the CEO of Prestige Wealth Accounting Group, this position will manage the tax and accounting staff and is responsible for preparation of income tax returns and for providing accounting services to high net worth individuals, families and business executives. This includes new client acquisition, managing existing client relationships as well as leading the tax and accounting team. Communication skills are critical as this position requires significant contact with clients and new business prospects. Accordingly, candidate must possess effective oral and written communication skills, as well as the interpersonal skills needed to successfully interact with prospects, clients, financial professionals and other associates.
- Must be driven to bring in new business
- Must have good presentation skills for prospect & client events
- Must possess the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and execute tasks within deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Must have, and must project, a desire to provide high level client satisfaction
- Must be an effective, positive and solution-oriented leader
- At least 7-10 tax seasons preparing individual, partnership, corporate and fiduciary tax returns including e-filing
- ·At least 7-10 years of accounting and bookkeeping experience, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and preparing internal financial statements, reviews and compilations for small companies (typically $1 million to $10 million in revenue); No audit experience required
- At least 5 years of experience managing tax and accounting staff
- Expertise with computerized small business accounting software including QuickBooks
- Expertise with tax return preparation software including LaCerte.
- A high level of proficiency with current business software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe PDF and Windows-based CRM applications
- NJ CPA License
- Bachelor’s Degree
If you have the drive and self-motivation to become a great asset to our team, we would like to hear from you!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!