Accounting Manager Job Description Sample
Accounting Manager / Office Manager For Inventory Logistics Company
Office Manager / Financials leader for a Distribution and Logistics company- Strong history and growing company- Great career
This is a key leadership role in our company. The Office Manager performs a variety of hands on managerial, financial and administrative responsibilities within the assigned branch. This position manages the accounting and front office associates in addition communication between the branch and sales department. Duties include accountability for all financial and human resources functions and managing the branch support staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Branch Office Manager will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
Provide financial reporting and analysis to support the Company’s organization and financial objectives, and provide in-depth understanding of the financial metrics driving the organization
Manage the branch’s credit procedures; establish auditing, enforcing internal controls and directing external audits
Provide profit and loss reports for the Branch/Sales Managers on a daily basis
Print stock status reports to archive and balance with the general ledger on a daily and monthly basis
Direct Shipments (match vendor invoice with sales confirmations and bill customers for direct shipments that have been delivered)
Weekly management of expense transactions and communication with Assistant Controller and Controller on items to be reviewed further
Month end responsibilities including; ensuring intercompany invoices are in Account Payables, ensuring expenses have been submitted, ensure updates of invoices, daily sales registers, and inventory branches
Oversee monthly general ledger management and other monthly closing procedures including consolidations and internal accounting
Print P&L and fill in the New Profit report
Responsible to ensure that all financial data within the branch is accurate according to internal company procedures
Ensure all employee forms are completed and turned into Human Resources in a timely matter
Ensure timesheets are maintained and employee adjustments are made prior to bi-weekly payroll processing, communicate any personnel changes to Human Resources
Ensure the compliance of local, state and federal regulations while working closely with Human Resource Department.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual balances for payroll data and reports
Maintain all payroll, statistical, insurance and related records
Partner with Human Resources regarding hiring, training and development of accounting and administrative staff through talent acquisition, mentoring and development activities
Conduct performance reviews for staff and provide guidance and training where needed
Supervise and manage all accounting and front office associates in addition
Assist colleagues as needed
Ensure phone coverage
Address issues regarding inventory and pricing
Attend staff and other scheduled business meetings
Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
5 or more years of managerial, financial, human resources and payroll experience
Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Work and Power Point, as well at advanced knowledge of Excel
Highly organized with strong quantitative abilities
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee the company general accounting policies, processes and procedures and ensures that the financials represent generally accepted accounting procedures
· Responsible for leading and coaching associates in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting
· Supervises the preparation of financial statements for reporting and compliance
· Monitor the balance sheet reconciliation process
· Orchestrate the month end closing process between the controlling department, finance department and the general accounting department.
· Actively seek improvements in efficiency and controls to reduce costs and mitigate risk
The ideal candidate will have/be:
Business School with a Bachelors in finance or accounting , preference to graduate degrees
CPA or CMA certifications
Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible general accounting experience at a major company
Past supervisory experience
Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP systems
Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to communicate well and keep confidentiality
Excellent analytical skills and data manipulator
Ability to work in a cross functional team
Self-starter and an independent worker
Our work engenders pride in our diverse and talented team members
whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills every day
in a welcoming environment where we use innovative technology
to deliver high-quality parts on time to our valued customers
• Ensure that internal controls are in place to safe guard firms assets
• Prepare financial statements and management reports
• Manage the budgeting and forecasting process, gather and analyze data, and prepare detailed and summarized schedules
• Analyze industry trends and benchmarks compared to other law firms
• Handle cash flow and treasury functions, maintain general ledger and more
• Responsible for billing software maintenance (TABS)
• Review payroll for accuracy
• Calculate attorney bonuses
• 4-year degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of accounting experience
• At least one year of prior accounting experience within a mid to large sized Law Firm
• Public and/or private accounting experience; CPA not required
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Organized, detailed, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong problem solving and reconciliation abilities
• Direct Hire Opportunity
• Pay: $80K $90K Depending on Experience
• Normal Business Hours
• Competitive benefits offered.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-288-2800 for more details.
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you!
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants selected for this position with our client will be required to complete a background check/drug test. Successful completion of this assessment is required for further consideration.#ZR9
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Temporary assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you! Let us help YOU create YOUR success!
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to complete a background check/drug test.
THE RIGHT STAFF will complete an individualized assessment of the results of the background check/drug test and the job position. Applicants will be required to successfully complete this assessment for further consideration
Client is seeking a hands-on Accounting Manager to manage all aspects of the General Ledger, account reconciliations, closing process, foreign currency, along with other key corporate general accounting management duties.This corporate position will report to the Sr Corporate Accounting Manager and will provide leadership to manage a team of 4+ Staff and Senior CPA Accountants. Accounting for Europe and North America is centralized in Houston, and all 4+ Accountant direct reports are in the same location in corporate Houston office.
- Position will be responsible for the following:
- Manage 4+ degreed Accountants,
- Responsible for reviewing and approving journal entries,
- Oversee/execute the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing process within the established 5-day schedule,
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounts are reconciled in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles,
- Responsible for entities with multiple functional currencies, and foreign currency transactions,
- Develop and implement Policies and Procedures related to internal control,
- Work with external auditors providing requested documentation and explaining balances and transactions,
- Needs to be very hands-on manager
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Assisting with integration of acquired companies
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Advanced degree in business, finance, or accounting preferred
- CPA required
- Proven supervisory experience, team building skills, and staff development
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and organization skills
- At least 3+ years in an accounting management type role supervising degreed CPA Accountants
- Experience in international accounting is required
- Experience using integrated ERP systems, SAP and IFS a plus
- Proficient using Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Manufacturing industry experience
- 8 to 12 total years’ experience progressing to an Accounting Manager role or a leadership general accounting position in a $500M+ Company or business segment/region of a larger global organization, (preferably spending some time in a global manufacturing environment with above duties)
Accounting Manager - Job #1064
Develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management. Reconcile General Ledger and bank accounts. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (a summary of general responsibilities, but not limited to)
- Oversee and manage accounting and bookkeeping functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, fixed assets and taxes.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the accounting/operations department and insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Reconcile revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects, and claims disbursements.
- Prepare daily balance sheet including, daily cash position analysis, assuring/monitoring correspondent accounts and determining cash needs.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliations, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements. Prepare and assist with incurred cost and provisional rate reports as necessary.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Monitor cost control activities. Approve and implement cost control strategies on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well trained staff, evaluating the performance of the staff on a regular basis. Resolve employee questions and conflicts.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of the company’s accounting records on a regular basis.
- Monitor fixed-asset management.
- Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
- Prepares financial statements and reports on a regular basis.
- Provides data for preparation of the Company’s tax returns.
- Completes various reports for monthly Board Meetings.
- Completes the Asset Liability Report for the Asset/Liability Management meetings.
- Completes monthly/quarterly financial reporting for governing agencies and the State of MN.
- Maintains charge-off and recovery accounting records and completes quarterly reports.
- Assist and coordinate external auditors in their exams, internal audit, compliance audit, ACH audits, and Risk assessments.
- Work with staff to make recommendations for efficiencies, and streamlining of processes while maintaining a sound control environment.
- Monitor, maintain and recommend effective internal controls for the organization.
- Provides leadership, assistance, direction, and supervision to personnel through effective objective setting, delegation, communication, coaching, and recognition; conducts staff meetings as required.
- Ensures that personnel are well trained, effective, and optimally used; identifies training needs and develops and implements appropriate training programs; conducts training sessions and cross-trains as appropriate.
- Tracks progress and conducts performance appraisals using effective coaching and recognition techniques; documents on a consistent basis.
- Reviews and monitors the work of department personnel and provides suggestions and support as necessary.
- To remain compliant with applicable statutes and regulations, including but not limited to BSA, OFAC and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Provides member and staff support as described on Company’s Mission Statement.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelors or higher Degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- CPA or CMA certificates preferred.
- Complete Supervisor I – Fundamentals of Leadership course provided by MRA/Trusight within six (6) months of hire/becoming a supervisor.
- 5 years or more of experience in financial service industry, operations, or accounting.
- 5 years or more of supervisory experience.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be bondable and honest.
- Ability to read and interpret forms, account statements, legal documents, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to concentrate, use reasoning, and analyze situations. The continuous need to be very alert to the member’s needs, be resourceful, solve problems and use writing ability.
- Ability and desire to attend appropriate educational conferences and seminars related to the accounting responsibilities.
- Ability to manage staff and projects efficiently.
- Proficiently operate a computer. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows operating system.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English. Bi-lingual skills helpful.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- 10-Key Calculator
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Able to manage multiple requests at the same time.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful circumstances.
- The employee must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods; use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must be able to read from a computer screen and enter data with the use of a keyboard.
- Stress varies depending on work flow from high to low.
- Some travel between offices may be required
RBCU offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, 401(k)/Retirement Plan and Paid holidays.
RBCU is an EOE/Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
RBCU has approximately 22,000 members and is around $290 million in assets. RBCU offers a complete line of financial products and services. Branches are located in Richfield and Bloomington.
Skoda Minotti was named the top firm to work for (over 250 employees) on the 2017 Accounting Today Best Accounting Firms to Work For. We have been recognized by Inc. and Accounting Today as one of the most outstanding and fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. Locally, we have been recognized with the Weatherhead 100 and NorthCoast 99 awards multiple times. The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and "Delivering on the Promise."
We are currently assisting our east-side service client in their search for an Accounting Manager.
Job summary: Oversee daily, month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting and human resource functions, including:
· Payroll, accounting responsibilities, benefits, 401K, banking relationships & business insurances
· Month-end account reconciliations– prepare or assist in preparation:
- Bank account reconciliations
- Accounts payable account reconciliations
- Any other accounts as assigned
· Responsible for sales tax, and personal property tax preparation.
· Participate in planning and controlling company growth and evaluating performance against objectives.
· Provide external CPA firm with completed/accurate financials in a timely manner.
· Ensure regulatory and tax compliance with local, state, and federal agencies and assist with external GAAP audit/review process.
· Other general accounting and human resource responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in a small to mid-sized business.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced experience in Excel.
· Knowledge of sales tax, and personal property tax and experience in return preparation preferred.
· Experience in working with executives, management, outside service providers and others within the organization to communicate effectively, timely and to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
· Experience handling human resources-type functions preferred.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our client's team! The client is a large non-profit located in Palo Alto with over $280 million in assets and annual revenue exceeding $17 million. Join a dedicated and collegial team of over 47 employees in a family friendly environment that values work/life balance
The Accounting Manager will oversee the general accounting operations and ensure proper internal controls are in place and operating. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Accounting and will work closely with program leaders and their staffs.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and other financial reports; manage the monthly and quarterly close process
- Manage the day to day activities of the accounting department
- Support the CFO and Director of Finance and Accounting
- Assist in the annual audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Oversee daily deposits and payables and ensure all entries are recorded accurately and on a timely basis in the general ledger
- Oversee cash flow analysis
- Reconcile all accounts on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance with grant funders and local, state and federal reporting requirements
- Strong communication skills required to work with upper management, peers and Board of Directors
- Excellent Supervisory skills
- Strong systems knowledge
- Experience with Intacct accounting software strongly desired
- Change agent with a proven process improvement track record
- 4+ years experience in a complex accounting environment
- Knowledge of GAAP and exposure to nonprofit accounting
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- MBA and/or CPA Strongly desired
You always work with a strategic partner who understands your sense of urgency as well as your objectives, technical skills, and culture. Our recruiters are armed with the in-depth industry knowledge and experience to properly qualify candidates and efficiently fill positions with candidates that are an ideal match.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager. This is a professional position that will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This position is based in Millersville, MD.
AAWDC is a component unit of the County operating as an independent nonprofit and managing numerous initiatives to develop the workforce of the County and region. AAWDC is funded by multiple grants, each with its own set of compliance, spending and reporting requirements. Most are federal funds so the overall compliance framework is set by 2 CFR 200. The Accounting Manager will have broad responsibility for the administration of AAWDC’s accounting, financial and budgetary functions including accounts payable, billing and collections-mostly under cost-reimbursement grants, general ledger maintenance, obligation tracking, periodic and ad hoc internal and external financial reporting, maintenance of financial systems, and related functions. The incumbent is expected to work closely with the CFO and program management teams to monitor and enforce adherence to regulatory and grant requirements, organization and program policies and budgets, and performance standards. This is a very hands-on position working with a small team so overlap and collaboration is expected.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
A BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related field is preferred but an Associate’s Degree with successful accounting and financial management experience in a complex, grant-funded environment may be substituted.
Experience and Knowledge
A minimum of 4 years of successful accounting and financial operations experience to include 2 years of project or program accounting, preferably in a grants management or government-contracting environment, is required.
Skills and Certifications
CPA or CMA with knowledge of federal program requirements preferred. Demonstrated ability to track costs by multiple grants/programs/projects/cost centers—each with its own unique budget—is required. Ability to interpret and communicate complex financial data, compliance requirements, and consider strategies to improve financial performance is required. Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners across multiple disciplines must be demonstrable. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining unfailing attention to detail is a critical success factor in this position.
To Apply: Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com by November 10, 2017.
No phone calls or mailed applications will be accepted. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation (AAWDC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Controller Accounting Manager
We are a wholesale/Retail Nursery with locations in Sherwood and Woodburn.
We are seeks individual for Controller/Accounting Manager.
Must have experience in the following aspects:
Financial Statement Preparation
Sales analyst and profitability
Preparing, adjusting journal entries
Loans, line of credit, banking relations
Inventory tracking, accounting
Management of accounting staff
Reconciliation, bank, all business account
Budgeting financial planning
Financial reporting, production cost analysis
Bachelor or Association degree in accounting
System processing, strong skills in excel
10 key, fast type
Strong communication skills
Computer Skills / Business Analysis best use
Excel, advanced skills
Experience min 4 years
Paid holidays and sick leave.
Salary based on experience.
Located southwest of Portland, Oregon, Loen Nursery offers extensive inventory, including specimens, hard-to-find items, traditional and contemporary favorites. The company is a one-stop-shopping destination featuring broadleaf and deciduous shrubs, conifers, evergreen azaleas, ferns, flowering trees, fruit trees, grasses, ground covers, Japanese Maples, perennials, rhododendrons, roses & shade trees.
Loen Nursery offers full landscaping quotes, brokerage services and contract growing, as well as delivery and shipping arrangements.
Accounting Manager - PMR Companies Corporate
PMR Companies, a premier Property Management company, is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Corporate office team, based in Louisville, KY.
Position will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures, ensuring accuracy and timely submission of financial statements. The Accounting Manager will supervise the Accounting staff and is responsible for managing the team and ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely manner.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and year end audit preparation.
The Accounting Manager will have contact with property ownership, the President, CFO and Controller.
BA / BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting. (CPA not required)
5-7 years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting / general ledger area. Experience working in a public accounting firm is strongly preferred.
Must be PC proficient. Experience with YARDI is preferred. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Ten key by touch required.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
Supervisory and Customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
PMR Companies and Property Management Resources established a goal to 'Build Relationships'.
The PMR team works hand-in-hand to provide the owners, investors, and employees the results desired by each.
PMR Employees have many benefit options that allow them to balance work, lifestyle and personal needs:
Health and Well Being:
PMR provides tools and resources to help make health and wellness decisions that work for you and your family
-Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
-AFLAC Supplemental Policies
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay & Recognition:
PMR's pay philosophy is designed to motivate and reward employees for their talent and contributions.
-Employee Referral Program
Time Away from Work:
PMR understands that you have personal needs that require you to be away from time to time. As a result, PMR offers "Paid time Off" Benefits.
PMR knows that you have interests outside of work and gives you options to accomodate your needs.
-Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PMR provides growth and career opportunities that can help you enhance your knowledge and build your future with the company.
Join the PMR team today!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!