Accounts Adjustable Clerk Job Description Sample
Fiscal Accounts Clerk II
LOCATION OF POSITION
300 West Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position will review, organize and manage promissory notes received bi-monthly from each of CCU's Satellite Office as well as its main branch. This position will be responsible for processing approximately 2,500 promissory notes as they are received each month.
As debts are paid or satisfied in full, the promissory notes must be removed from active status and scanned. This position identifies attachable assets in event of default. Once an installment plan is breached, the entire debt is accelerated.
If attachable active income is found, contact is made with all referring agencies involved in order to provide evidence of each of the debts. Then suit will be files if possible. This position also drafts and e files District Court summons reissue documents.
This is a contractual position that will serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1.Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the high school education.
2.Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3.A minimum if five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4.Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of customer service experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled.
The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
Attn: Kigen Waugh
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact:
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet. View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here. Apply via Paper Application. You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.
45 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
300-301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Toll Free (800) 705-3493
MD Social Media Directory
Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Renewable Energy Infrastructure Group (REIG) is a portfolio company of Oaktree Capital, owning companies servicing Solar, Wind, Energy Storage and Electric Vehicles assets through Analytics and Field Service. http://www.reigroup.com/
MaxGen Energy Services
World Wind & Solar
- Prepare invoices based on weekly data and audit invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Recording of revenue and receivables and ensure that revenues and receivables in accounting system are reconciled with Salesforce data.
- Assist with the processing of cash receipts to appropriate invoices.
- Assist with accounting and reporting activities, including monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting processes, document procedures, help to implement controls, and streamline financial systems.
- Perform the processing of monthly accruals, recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, included but not limited to cash, and accounts receivable.
- Support annual audit and help meet audit deadlines.
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting Preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of direct experience required in cash managing, general accounting related field, or related applicable business field.
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Team player, must be able to collaborate with other teams in the organization
- Must have strong work ethic, and have the ability/willingness to work overtime as necessary to get the job done and to meet important deadlines
- Limited Travel
- Normal Office Environment
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Frequently communicates with employees and customers
REIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Accounts Payable Clerk
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Keying of vendor invoices, credits and debits Filing invoices, debits and credits Printing journals and debit reports Keeping a mail log for daily batches Making copies Answers accounts payable phone inquiries and follows up Calls and/or mails correspondence to vendors and distribution centers as necessary Assists with related special projects, as required.
Standard Work Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have an accounts payable background.
Peoplesoft experience a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Understanding of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
NEEDED ATTRIBUTES:Ability to stay focused within a sometimes hectic environment.
Ability to change assignments on short notice.
Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within the company as well as vendors.
COMPUTER SKILLS:Working knowledge of PC, including Excel and Word software, calculator and E-mail. Strong data entry skill.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Accounts Payable Clerk
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Assists with coding invoices with GL Codes.2. Process Invoices that are inventory items in Envi System then import into Accounting CS.3. Help pay AP Vendor invoices with credit card weekly by online portal, e-mail or phone.4. Match up Check Run Batch to actual invoices , then to be scanned by Secondary Accounts Payable Temp.5. Help tag and pull items for Tax Rebate report.6. Help the Primary Accounts Payables bi-weekly with any other duties that may arise.7. Maintain Patient Reward cards and spreadsheet, and scan in card give out/patient demographics backup into Laserfiche.8. Help match up paperwork for Physician Receivables and Bonus Reduction to Excel Reports.9. Help scan in Quarterly Physician Receivables and Bonus Reduction backup to go into Accounting Folder backup.10. Open and date stamp mail daily.11. Print up AP e-mail invoices daily and date stamp.12. Scan in already ran and matched AP Check Run, into Laserfiche under Invoices folder before going out for signatures.13. Match Credit card statements to actual paperwork, and number based on statement, and then pull out all Physician copies that will be needed for Bonus Reductions to go into the Physician Folders.14. Scan in all completed Credit Card statements into Laserfiche.15. Scan in all ACH paid invoices into Laserfiche.16. Pull Monthly Amex and Iberia Statements online.17. Pull Use Tax and Intercompany items from Credit Card statements and scan in appropriate folders either in Laserfiche to be sent for reimbursements or to file to be used for Use Tax documents.18. Pull and scan in Fixed Asset backup into Accounting Folder19. Check Laserfiche for Employee updated Drivers Licenses and Vehicle Insurance and scan in new documents when out of date when Employee turns in new Mileage Sheets.
Accounts Receivable Clerk And GFS Administrator
Who We Are
Global Aviation - Accounts Receivable Clerk and GFS Administrator
Global Aviation, a premier full-service private aviation company with its headquarters at the Hillsboro Airport, is seeking applicants for a non-exempt, full time, hybrid role as an Accounts Receivable Clerk and Global Fueling Solutions (GFS) Program Administrator. For more information about our Company, we encourage applicants to visit our website at: https://flyglobalnow.com/
The Accounts Receivable Clerk and GFS Program Admin is responsible for administration of Global Aviation’s Global Fueling Solutions (GFS) Program and supporting the Company’s Accounting Department. The AR Clerk and GFS Program Admin will be responsible for recording and verifying payments received by the Company, collections, processing fuel tickets, as well as other tasks related to accounts receivable functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use technical knowledge and skills to perform routine transactions in AR such as customer invoicing, deposits, application of payments, credits, and collections.
- Assist with finalization of tenant invoices monthly, ensuring accuracy of invoices with data sources.
- Generate invoices and statements into the organization’s accounting systems, sending invoices to customers in a timely manner.
- Support customers by performing customer account reconciliations, resolving discrepancies, updating master and customer records.
- Maintain thorough and accurate accounting files in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in month-end closing tasks such as but not limited to, accounting and GFS report generation, account reconciliations, project reviews, and revenue generation.
- Process WA State Tax Reporting, FET Fuel Burn Report, as well as other accounting related reports as needed.
- Process fuel tickets and cards into Global Aviation’s accounting software and ensure accurate spreadsheet records for tracking purposes.
- Create invoices in the company’s accounting software for GFS customers or other customers using a variety of payments, updating the system accordingly.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders with fuel inquiries or needs, maintaining GFS customer, supplier, and vendor relations and increasing GFS customer base.
- Administer, process, and develop procedures for billing customers, fuel vendors, and other accounting functions.
- Maintain knowledge of current promotions and advertisements that may affect customer pricing or contracts.
- Provide weekly contract fuel price updates.
- Associates degree or equivalent with a focus in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field required.
- 5 or more years of experience in accounts payable or accounts receivable functions.
- Intermediate knowledge of GAAP and other Accounting principles.
- Ability to type or word process a minimum of 40 wpm and 10,000 kph accurately.
- Basic math skills. (ie. add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, etc.)
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in the use of spreadsheets and/or financial accounting software such as Quickbooks.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and general corporate procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills needed to ask applicable questions to solve problems, uncover customer needs in the support process, and detailed tracking of calls.
- Must be comfortable operating with a strong level of professionalism and collaborative team effort.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized in work, able to multi-task, and work under pressure to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work eagerly within constantly changing priorities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and proper control of sensitive information.
- Must be able to use and operate general office equipment. (ie. multi-line telephone, fax, copier, etc.)
- Must have active driver license and driving record accepted by the Company’s Auto Insurance underwriting requirements.
This is considered a full-time, non-exempt position. Compensation depends on experience. Global Aviation offers a competitive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, Flex Savings Account, College Savings (529) Plan, 401(k), and generous paid time off and paid holiday plans.
How to Apply
To apply, click on “Apply Now” and submit your resume and cover letter.
To be successful in this role, you will share a commitment for providing superior service, working collaboratively with your team members, and contributing to the continued growth of the Global Aviation business If you’re looking to be a part of an organization that is built on the desire to provide customers with the highest degree of service in their industry and you’re ready to apply your organizational skills, tenaciousness, and drive to learn and succeed, this may be the opportunity that you’ve been waiting for.
Global Aviation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics and is a Drug Free Workplace.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
General Purpose: Performs a range of general clerical, accounting, and bookkeeping support functions in our organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
General accounts receivable functions:
- Code & post the receipt of payments
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Monitor customer accounts for past due payments
- Make Business to Business collection calls as needed.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Liaise with other department/customers/vendors
- 1-3 years experience in clerical accounting preferred
- Associate degree in business or accounting an advantage
- MS Office and knowledge of accounting software
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Customer service oriented
- Communication skills
WORKING CONDITIONS: Standard office hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm); however, overtime and weekends may be required.
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk (or accounts receivable clerk)
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Accounts Payable Clerk
Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and authentic commitment to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating at every level. As our president and COO David Ko says, "We are a company that continuously innovates. It cannot end. It has to be in everything we do, which means that some of the things we're going to do are not going to work – and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that follows consumers over their lifetime."
Do you love working with positive, upbeat people and having fun while doing it? Are numbers, details and double checking figures your favorite things to do? Do you enjoy helping people get paid by reviewing for accuracy, processing items timely and helping educate on correct processes. Do you want to be part of a team at the center of making Rally Health run? If this is you, our Accounts Payable Clerk is the perfect fit.
Review invoices received from all offices for accuracy, appropriate level of approval, and adherence to established guidelines
Review T&E reimbursement requests submitted through the Concur online expense reporting system, reviewing for accuracy and adherence to the Travel and Expense policy
Ensure timely and accurate G/L coding of invoices and expenses for multiple entities
Accurately process vendor invoices into NetSuite accounting system.
Review, code, prepare, and enter corporate credit card transactions into NetSuite accounting system.
Research, resolve and respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
Preparation of check/ACH runs on a weekly basis including matching appropriate invoices to checks/ACH batch, obtaining proper authorizations/signatures, and proper release/handling of payments.
Identify control lapses and implement procedures to rectify any detected operational weaknesses.
Coordinate with other groups on standardizing policies & procedures and ensuring consistency in their application.
Reconcile vendor statements to payments made, and online credit card transactions to credit card statements and resolve any discrepancies.
Maintain vendor records as appropriate.
Special projects, where applicable.
Thorough understanding of all aspects of Accounts Payable
Solid experience with general ledger account coding
Comprehensive experience with T&E expense review and processing
Proven ability to be a resourceful problem-solver
Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
Working knowledge of basic accounting principles (debit/credit/general ledger)
Strong basic math skills and attention to detail
Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to meet processing deadlines
Able to see the big picture and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Additional Preferred Requirements
Experience with Concur online expense reporting system
Embrace new technologies and constantly strive for greater efficiencies, a high level of accuracy and stable work performance
Experience with NetSuite
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are supported to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Accounts Payable Clerk (Ft-Varied) VHS Consolidated
The Valley Health System Consolidated Services
The Valley Health System has expanded into an integrated health network that serves more than two million people in Southern Nevada. Starting with Valley Hospital Medical Center in 1979, the Valley Health System has grown to include Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center, Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center, Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and our newest addition Henderson Hospital.
Assist Accounting Department in preparation of daily, monthly and annual statistical & financial data.
Associates degree in Accounting preferred.
Two years accounting experience.
Computer proficiency to include word processing, spreadsheet, database, and patient accounting system. Must be proficient in the use of 10-key.
Understanding of the Accounting department structure.
This opportunity offers the following:
Challenging and rewarding work environment
Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
401k plan with company match
UHS is one of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies; Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
- UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails.
All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Master Protection, LP, an affiliate of Simplex Grinnell LP,a subsidiary of JCI is looking to fill a General Accountant position to be locatedin Fort Myers, FL. This position will report directly to the finance manager.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will be expected to help maintainthe General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization,including analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
How you will do it:
Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
Reconcile vendor statements
Review open purchase orders and work with districts on resolving PO issues
Maintain vendor list and review monthly vendor payments for accuracy and consistency
Create new vendors when needed, and seek all information necessary including W-9
Reconcile accounts payable balance sheet account and research variances.
Prepare 1099 forms for our vendors and manage the year end process
Work on any ad hoc projects in the finance department as needed
What we look for:
Accounts payable experience is a must
Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends
Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
A degree in Accounting is preferred but not required
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!