Acid Extractor Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acid Extractor
Extractor Operator -Seasonal |
EXTRACTOR OPERATOR -SEASONAL | Location: Livingston, CA, US, 95334 Apply now » Apply now + Start apply with LinkedIn + + Start apply with Facebook + + Start apply with Xing + + Start apply with Seek + + Apply Now + Start + Please wait... Date: Mar 27, 2017 Company: E. & J. Gallo SUMMARY Under immediate supervision performs various duties within the Livingston Extractor. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS + Sets and runs Extractor at designated operating parameters.
Monitors operating parameters, to include water flow over pomace, max water across pomace, SO2 settings.
Provides hourly samples of the exiting extract at the shaker screen.
Provides hourly samples of each cell.
Monitors tank levels.
Monitors extractor for maintenance issues and reports them to supervisor.
Responsible for cleaning spills and run off extract or pomace on the ground.
Reviews and processes and completes all paperwork and work orders.
Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILIES N/A QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Gallo does not sponor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future. MINIMUM QUALIFCATIONS + High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
Required to be at least 18 years of age.
Required to work any shift.
Required to lift and move up to 60 pounds.
Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
Required to work overtime and weekends if necessary. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS + Experience in manufacturing environment is a plus, but not required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. Stand and walk almost the entire workday. Lift and carry up to 60 pounds occasionally. Employees must be physically capable of working in any of the job tasks within the bottling room. Work at heights and in fairly small areas. Pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, handling and grasping, twisting/turning, repetitive bending. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to the following: Exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, gases, or other irritating substances. Exposure to solvents or chemicals. Exposure to slippery walking surfaces: water. Exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity depending on time of year. Working surface is primarily concrete. Where standing is required, there are rubber mats which are one-half inch thick. OPE001 Job Posting: 35182 Equal Opportunity Employer
Phosphoric Acid Process Worker
The company has immediate openings for energetic employees in the chemical processing of metal for aerospace manufacturing. We have entry level openings for 2nd shift.
Individual will be trained to work on chemical process line which includes solvent cleaning along with working with various chemicals. We are looking for a team player who will pay attention to detail. if you have experience in etch/anodize operations we want to hear from you.
Use this job description
Sales Manager-Food Grade Amino Acids
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics.
With over 30,000 employees around the world, CJ promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com Job Summary: This position will lead our US based sales team to drive growth in our portfolio of food grade amino acids and other offerings we may acquire or develop.
Success in this position requires leadership, collaboration, and the ability to develop strong relationships with existing and potential customers. Strong analytical and communication skills are also required to lead a successful and diverse team of professional account managers. Summary of Essential Job Functions: • Hours of work:
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during core work hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. • Work location: This position may be home office or Downers Grove office based, depending on business needs. • Travel:
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. • Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. • Builds and maintains relationships with customers, industry influencers and key strategic partners within the food industry. • Manage and lead the sales team with account strategies, territory planning and administrative planning to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. • Assists the sales team with contract negotiations as needed. • Assists with the planning of sales exhibits. • Attends trade shows as needed. • Achieve revenue budget and growth targets through strong tactical implementation. • Develop and implement growth plans which increase customer loyalty and retention. • Lead the development of key account plans by subordinates. • Present and negotiate commercial offers which adhere to marketing strategies. • Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to marketing, supply chain, division leadership and technical service. • Provide leadership to the food sales team with a focus on skill development, coaching and creating an environment that fosters teamwork. • Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the sales department. • Develops and implements strategic sales plans to meet objectives and goals. • Sets performance standards of the sales department to meet company goals. • Keeps informed of food industry market trends, competitor activity and developments. • Resolve customer complaints or issues while protecting company assets and interests. • Create reports as needed. • Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience: • Bachelor Degree in a related field; • 8+ years sales experience in food grade amino acids, or in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals; • 3-5 years experience managing a team with demonstrated success; • Previous experience in a customer facing role; Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: • Knowledge of food grade amino acids, or experience in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals; • Strong analytical and competency using technology to improve results; • Ability to interact at multiple levels in customer organizations, including the ability to develop business relationships at the executive level; • Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to present technical data; • Demonstrated success in a results driven, team environment with the ability to lead by example; • Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite; SAP • Must be able to maintain confidentiality; Successful passing of a post offer criminal background check is required.
Use this job description
Extractor - Mailroom - Part-Time
Part-Time The Extractor position extracts, sorts and reviews utility invoices according to the department and customers' procedures. This position also prepares freight invoices. Primary Position Responsibilities: + Agissar extractor associate responsibilities: + Extracts mail from an Agissar machine, sorts utility bills, other mail inserts, checks, terms and invoices based on mode, number of pages, etc.
Uses multiple separator sheets to organize utility bills going to scanning.
Performs a manual review of utility invoices to ensure compliance with customer and department procedures.
Separates bills, which do not meet client and/or department standard procedures. Attaches standard reject forms and forwards to the Lead for review.
Preps freight invoices for scanning: removes staples, organizes bills in a neat, orderly manner and assures bar codes and paper is proper for scanning.
Maintains procedures: + Reviews and complies with new or updated client and departmental procedures.
Discards old procedures and files updates as received.
Performs minor troubleshooting on the Agissar machine when necessary.
Shows initiative in presenting problems and possible solutions to lead or supervisor.
Maintains the work area in order to present a neat and professional appearance at all times.
Performs other duties as assigned and works overtime as required by management to ensure timely completion of all accounts. Knowledge and Minimum Requirements: + Ability to grasp and retain instructions and perform at a high level of accuracy.
Good organizational and time management skills to be able to work in a fast paced production environment.
Basic mechanical skills.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision, maintain a positive attitude and be self-motivated.
Equivalent experience found in a production oriented processing environment.
Schedule: Sunday: 12:00pm-6:00pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 2:00pm-7:00pm Application Process: Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process. About our company: Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff. EEO/AA/Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans Location: Columbus, Ohio
About Us: Ohmstede is the largest and recognized leader in North America for manufacturing, off-site cleaning, and repair of highly engineered shell and tube heat exchangers. Ohmstede offers its integrated ONE solution as the single point of responsibility for servicing industry needs for shop and field.
Heat Exchanger Extractor Operator
Job Summary:Must be able to demonstrate experience operating Truck Mounted Bundle Extractor and Aerial Bundle Extractor equipment (Peinemann, Hydro-Extractors (Kidd), Idrojet, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Be punctual and available when needed for call out work. 2.
Be willing to maintain and service extractor equipment and perform pre /post inspections for equipment each time it is used. 3. Follow all Ohmstede and client safety procedures, regulations, guidelines and policies pertaining to safe operation of the extractor trucks and as it pertains to all aspects of work with Ohmstede. 4. Must accurately fill out and have signed daily time-sheets from time to time. 5.
Must follow directions and work well with others and be willing to work as part of a team. 6. Perform assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
Qualifications: Must be high school graduate or equivalent; must be able to speak and write in English. Must be able to pass orientations, required drug tests, background checks and competency tests.
Must have verifiable experience working in the Refining, Chemical and / or Petrochemical industry. Must have at least 2 years of verifiable experience operating exchanger extractor equipment. Possess active DOT Class A certification or in the process of obtaining Must be willing to work both day shifts and night shifts from time to time as needed.
Working conditions: Noisy, hot, cold, wet, dusty and requires ability to safely lift at least 50 pounds, climb, stoop, bend, reach, squat and work in various positions as well as be exposed to all of the known hazards in a hydrocarbon processing plant. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/DisabledJob Title: Extractor Operator Date Posted: 1/20/2017 Location: Corpus Christi, TX Job Type: Full-Time Regular Position Id: EB-1324947864
Use this job description
Amino Acid Scientist (Ninhydrin)
We are looking for an Analytical Chemist who has experience with ninhydrin amino acid analysis. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with an extremely motivated team who are looking to accomplish a first of it's kind.
The ideal candidate will have:
-PhD degree within a relative scientific field
- Amino Acid Analysis experience
- Experience designing and analyzing peptides (a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while complying to GMP/GLP standards
- Ability to be a self-starter
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Use this job description
Equipment Operator - Oilfield Acid Operator
This job will be located in Union City, Oklahoma.
The Equipment Operators primary responsibility will be the rigging up and rigging down of Acid Treating Equipment. The Equipment Operators will also be responsible for operating and transporting all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with the FMCSA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Safe operation and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Transporting US DOT regulated vehicle on public roads and on location.
- Safely rig up, operate and maintain Blenders, Pumps, Chem Add and Hydration Units.
- Safely rig up, operate and maintenance of high pressure iron.
- Proper DOT logging.
- Pre-trip inspections and post trip inspections.
- Usage and care of proper PPE.
- All other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a CDL.
- Must possess hazardous material and tanker endorsements.
- Fracturing / Acid experience is preferred, oilfield experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work involves occasional to frequent lifting of 50 pounds.
- Work area, machinery, and tool operations require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe boots, protective clothing and hardhats.
- Manual dexterity required for operating tools, machinery and computers.
- Working in extreme weather conditions may be required.
- Working of irregular hours required.
- Will involve shift work and overtime.
- Travel, overnight and multiple stay is a requirement.
- Must have a valid driver license and clean driving history. Must have Hazmat Endorsements.
Use this job description
Extractor Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
The Extractor Machine Operator processes mail by operating high speed automated mail opening equipment, specifically the (OPEX 150) and manual extraction equipment (OPEX RED50).
Hours for this position are 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
Essential Job Function
- Retrieve mail from the dock by pushing / pulling Post Coms, that may weigh up to 50 lbs, to the mail preparation area (staging room). Count trays, log and quickly sort (stage) mail by doing a preliminary sort to extract mutilated items. Transferring prepped trays of work unto a rack and push/pull rack to Extraction Machines for processing.
- Load the staged mail unto a conveyer belt and monitor the flow of work through the high speed Extractor machine. Utilize the windows based computer system for trouble shooting problems as items process through machine. The operator is expected to fix any minor problems such as belt slippage and jams. During this process it is necessary that the Extraction device is free of jams and that the paper refuse bins (15-20 lbs.) are emptied as needed. The mail opening process involves continual standing and walking in a fast paced environment.
- Completed work is pulled from designated pockets, loaded onto carts and delivered to the next processing area.
- Rotation to the OPEX RED (50) is done as scheduled to process exception mail. The process begins by carrying trays of mail from the general mail area to an individual RED 50 extraction machine.
- Running the RED 50 requires continual sitting to open remittance envelopes and extract all contents from envelope. This job function involves sorting payments; repairing mutilated checks; calculating payments and sorting correspondence.
- All exception work is prepped and distributed to the next processing area.
- The machines are cleaned and maintained daily by thoroughly vacuuming and cleaning each work station.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic PC literacy to include windows.
- Ability to operate high speed equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with all applicable laws.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Use this job description
Automated Extractor / Extraction Chemist Lead
- Follow company policies and SOPs exactly as written
- Adhere to company safety policies and rules
- Be a lead for a group of extractors
- Perform SPE and LLE on a automated liquid handler
- Accurately make reagents, standards, and controls per SOPs or as directed
- Be responsible for documenting PM, calibration and any temperature/maintenance log
- Weekly meetings and monthly evaluation with supervisor
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment and areas
- Maintain, file, organize, and track documents, files, records and projects as assigned
- Word processing
- The above description is not all inclusive and will include other duties not listed above.
Hours: Must be able to start as early as 4:30am as assigned
Days: 4 days out of MON – FRI and a SAT per week (must be flexible as assigned. Work days will change every week.)
- Must have a B.S. Degree in Chemistry from an accredited 4-year university
- Prior management experience desired
- Experience with automated liquid handler desired
- Strong multitasking skills
- Strong Bench Chemistry skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to read and reply to emails
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices
- Working knowledge of chain of custody principles and procedures
- Ability to follow Company SOPs exactly as written
- Ability to communicate technical information
- Ability to follow instructions exactly
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work as a team player and independently as assigned
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Must be a self starter
Acid Unit Operator
The general responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include drawing samples of products for shift analysis. Read temperature and pressure indications and flow meters, records readings, and compiles operating records. Monitors condition of unit and troubleshoots when parameters are found to be out of normal operating range.
Other responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include:
- Maintains log of gauge readings and shift production using either paper or electronic logs (IntelaTrac)
- Inspects fire extinguishers, respiratory protections equipment, and safety showers.
- Performs chemical tests on product sample to ensure conformance with specifications, using standard test equipment, materials, and procedure.
- Inspects equipment in unit to determine location and nature of malfunction, such as leaks, breakage, and faulty valves. Complete electronic work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance by following Lock out Tag out procedures
- Follow all Life Critical procedures and ensure paperwork is completed correctly.
- Turns valves or moves controls to maintain system at specified parameters.
- Connects with loading rack to line up for storage.
- Starts an acid and water pump as needed
- Reports concerns or any issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensure rounds are completed as required and documented in logs
- Ensure SOPs / COPs / EOPs and good operating practices accurate and followed.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions (both unit and Treatment Services) prior to the start of shift
- Ensure appropriate troubleshooting or effort is made and results/status is communicated to fellow employees and supervisors.
- Follow interlock/alarm bypass procedure and ensure interlock bypasses are removed when no longer needed.
- Complete the necessary training and qualifications in the unit on timetable specified by supervisor.
- Be accountable for the health and safety of not only yourself, but the unit operators and all fellow plant personnel.
- Patrols unit to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Performs turnaround duties as requested by Area Supervisor.
- Communicate with other Units, Aroma Performance personnel, and Supervision regarding steam, water, or natural gas production and shutdowns.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in specific plant location or per job task specification.
- Performs autonomous maintenance jobs per the Labor Contract.
- Responsible for pulling, blowing, installing sonicore guns to the furnace. (this includes locking out for repairs).
- Covers vacations, STD’s, and absences for other 1st class operators as required by Supervision.
- Attend quarterly and all other mandatory safety meetings.
- Follow the Incident reporting process.
- Work with contractors and engineers in the unit; be involved in the projects, HAZOPS, Audits, (etc.) as needed.
- Housekeeping – Ensure the unit is clean and well maintained to ensure a safe and efficient work area
- Complete CBTs on time.
- Work with Superintendent, Supervisor and Unit Engineers to improve unit operations (efficiency, safety, costs, throughput).
- Works with all employees and contractors professionally and respectfully at all times.Perform any other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Inspects and monitors environmental, gas leaks and housekeeping within the unit.
- Attends required safety meetings to address safety and environmental concerns and incidents as well as current safety performance in unit. Participate by bringing forth current safety issues.
- Invokes “Stop Work” policy any time operational conditions become unsafe/uncertain
- Completes computer-based training to comply with HSE requirements and policies.
- Participates on Safety, Rescue, and other committees/teams as required.
- Notifies supervisor of all unsafe conditions/actions or procedure discrepancies.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions prior to the start of shift.
- Completes work permits as required.
- Performs equipment inspection for leaks, breakage, and malfunction within the unit.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-5 years of operational/process technology experience in a chemical plant
- 2 year Process Technology associates degree and 1 year of general plant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Transportation Worker’s Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Making generalization, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual or dangerous situations or with situations in which speed and sustained attention are required aspects of the job.
- Works around others, but independently.
- Will utilize shop math including practical application of fractions, percentages ratio, and proportion.
- Works as a team member.
- Able to work without direct supervision after hours.