Acid Polymerization Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acid Polymerization Operator
Bs/Ms Scientist - Nucleic Acids Therapeutics (Nbc)
The Nucleic Acids Sciences unit of NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) at our Cambridge, MA site is seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative candidate for an entry level associate scientist position. Nucleic acid Sciences (NAS) develops and supports nucleic acid based therapeutics and platforms such as mRNA, anti-sense and CRISPR.
The candidate should have hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques, in particular handling DNA and RNA samples. Experience with mammalian cell lines, as well as expression construct design is a plus. The candidate must be able to work in a team atmosphere, as they will be involved in multiple team projects directed to develop novel therapeutics and expected to show high collaborative skills.
Strong verbal communication skills, a well-organized working style as well as timely and accurate technical reporting and documentation are essential to the position. The responsibilities: Work as part of a team synthesizing and characterizing nucleic acids for a variety of projects.
Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols and communicate these results regularly at team or project meetings. Actively review current scientific literature, as well as investigate and develop novel methods for project advancement. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment.
We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements -BS degree in biochemistry, molecular or cell biology, or a related field and at least 2 years of relevant laboratory experience. Skills in molecular biology techniques, DNA/RNA purification, use of various enzymatic reactions (IVT, PCR, restriction digest), and protein expression confirmation assays (ELISA, Western Blot, FACS) Experience with DNA/RNA analysis (gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, SEC) Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot instruments and assays. Open mindset and ability to learn new techniques as needed Ability to interact and innovate within multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists and pharmacologists Excellent organizational and communication skills Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
Polymer Scientist / Polymer Engineer
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U. S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Participates in / leads multiple complex projects defined for expanded investigations, design changes, resolving on-market product problems and resolving technical issues to increase product availability.
Quality/Safety: Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the Quality Policy through daily activities.
Maintain vigilance to ensure adherence to the Quality Policy and system procedures by promptly reporting noncompliance issues to management.
Safety: Work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Technical knowledge: Develop and apply operations/ product/ process knowledge to (area of support). Use sound judgment, appropriate scientific methods and thorough data analysis.
Accurately documents work.
Planning/Project Management: Conceive, plan, design, execute, and document projects/activities efficiently and in conformance with applicable Ops.
Patient Focus: Anticipates, identifies and resolves internal and external customer issues through understanding of processes, product performance and clinical utility.
Communication/Leadership: Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills within and outside immediate area.
Shares and enhances own knowledge by mentoring and training others.
Business Focus/Alignment: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through actionable recommendations and accomplishments such as maintaining product availability and improvements in product sustainability.
Aligns resources with strategic business priorities May perform other duties as assigned.
Takes initiative, makes decisions, and takes appropriate risks to accomplish team projects and goals.
Works independently, anticipating workflow while coordinating activities.
Listens actively, fosters information exchange, provides scientific and operational information effectively, establishes networks, and presents/defends positions.
Makes sound technical and operational decisions.
Mentors others on their technical writing skills for data analysis, expanded investigation documents, design change documents and change control.
Confronts issues, motivates and influences others, negotiates and manages crisis, to attain desired results.
Utilizes experience to mentor team members and others.
Ensures team is compliant with QSR / ISO requirements
Cultivates relationships with internal and external customers.
Understands and identifies team contribution to long range plans.
Provides feedback to team members and identifies strengths and areas for improvement.
Influences development and achievement of team and project goals/timelines.
Recognizes and promotes acceptance of changes in internal/external environment.
Bachelor s degree required in a scientific / technical discipline plus 4 years experience in a related scientific / technical field OR 10 years of practical experience in a manufacturing, testing or technical roles to demonstrate functional equivalence. Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience. Required: Minimum of 4 years experience in a related scientific / technical field. Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience. Preferred: Experience with computer and data management. Experience working in project teams for basic projects or a single complex project. Experience with change control and/or investigation processes and/or laboratory skills. Experience with acquiring, analyzing and interpreting data. Understanding change control impact on design / validation of products and/or processes. Experience in operations (manufacturing/quality). Demonstrated ability to apply operations knowledge in timely resolution of product / process technical issues. Experience mentoring / teaching others to facilitate timely resolution of product / process technical issues. Previous experience with immunoassays within a family (disease state), multiple technologies, multiple clinical utilities and Abbott systems. Experience interacting with customers to resolves issues. Knowledge of experimental design and statistical tools.
- Minimum 4 years in an engineering/analytical role
- Must have an experience using most of the following instruments XRF, XPS, SEM, EDS, FTIR and microscopy
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor s Degree in STEM, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent;
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills; critical thinking skills;
- Ability to design experiments, analyze and interpret data, and document conclusions;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team members and also to work independently;
- Very strong investigational skills, drive to understand and solve problems;
- Propensity for continuous learning and experimentation.
- Experience with statistical software and associated scripting an asset.
- Will work with samples that include human blood and blood components using procedural controls and personal protective equipment
Senior Polymer Scientist
DEPARTMENT: R & D Chemistry
Sr. Scientist position for research and development of new generation contact lenses. Requires solid polymer chemistry background and in-depth understanding of polymer materials and structure-property relationships, thorough analytical characterization skills, and creative problem solving skills.
•Generate novel concepts for new generation of contact lens materials and technology.
•Work independently to design and develop experimental strategy.
•Communicate ideas and results through technical reports and presentations within timeline.
•Works effectively in a team environment with the ability to mentor and lead Research Associates and Junior Scientists.
•Interact effectively with cross-functional teams internally, and/or external teams to identify challenges and develop solutions.
•Keep good records and documentation, and follow standard operating procedures.
•Recognized contribution with published patents, scientific publications for Research programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
•Strong knowledge and hand-on experience in polymer and material synthesis.
•Deep understanding of material structure-properties relationship and process interactions.
•Knowledge in organic small molecule, monomer synthesis is a plus.
•Structure characterization of organic and polymer compounds.
•Skilled in hands-on lab bench work.
•Excellent problem solving ability with minimum supervision.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as a team player and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
•Work in both a chemical laboratory and office environment.
•Utilize good safety practices and handle chemical hazardous materials.
•Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Materials Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
•5+ years of hands-on experience in industry settings.
Post a Job
East Coast Sales Representative - Polymer Logistics
Polymer Logistics is a global leader in Retail-Ready Reusable Packaging. Working closely with manufacturers, suppliers, growers, packers, and retailers alike, Polymer Logistics provides world-class plastic container and pallet pooling services to ensure cost-effective logistics solutions and maximum in-store product availability. The industry innovator, Polymer Logistics pioneered the design and commercialization of wood grain RPCs and display units, which bring an upscale look to stores and drive incremental sales and shopper engagement.
Polymer Logistics is currently seeking an outstanding East Coast Sales Representative to increase sales in the produce grower/shipper and retail marketplace. Specifically, this role will manage direct grower/shipper relationships in assigned territory as well as manage relationships for assigned Retailers. The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial background ‐ including sales and/or marketing experience, retail experience, supply chain experience, leadership ability, and a desire to sell emerging products. This position will require travel, but will be home based, preferably in Carolinas.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- This position is responsible for driving and managing profitable growth for Polymer Logistics at the Produce Grower/Shippers accounts for assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain retail market strategy for assigned retailers.
- Initiate retailer and grower/shipper visits and strengthen relationships with existing RPC customers
- Directly lead commercial efforts with assigned retailers, including sales, marketing, pricing, and account management
- The successful candidate must be organized, professional and able to manage multiple accounts
- This position will work with management to develop strategies to drive RPC conversions at the retail level
- Identify opportunities to grow returns and bottom-line based on current capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of perishable supply chain, retail sales experience, grower/shipper sales experience.
- Retail/Perishable/Packaging experience is preferred.
- Ability to lead sales efforts by:
- Sales and market strategy development
- Personally conduct high‐value sales: must be able to open a relationship, develop the relationship, and close the sale
- Ability to research & assess marketplace – including supply / demand / industry structure analysis – to develop market Point of View
- Ability to complete financial cost modeling analyses – complete side by side cost comparisons of different packaging types throughout the supply chain to identify cost differentials and areas of opportunity
- Business-to-business sales experience
- A high level of energy, entrepreneurship, and ability to work in a fast paced corporate setting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- A stable job history.
- Proven confidence and comfortable with challenging the process when required
- Must have the ability to work independently, be organized, be proficient in time management, and have demonstrated knowledge in opening accounts and closing sales
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Understand price / volume trade-offs and overall profit maximization
- Must be willing to travel (overnight), valid US Driver’s License, and be authorized to work in the U.S.
Polymer Logistics' eco-friendly products, developed in response to ongoing client dialogue, continue to answer a wide range of logistical and retail concerns and limitations. However, customer satisfaction doesn't stop with our extensive product line. Our state of the art asset management system, Business Intelligence (BI) Tools and broad network of Polymer wash sites enable our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently, economically, and therefore more profitably. In addition, our "green-conscious", state of the art, highly automated maintenance facilities provide product cleaning, renewing and repairing services that are second to none.
Not only do we have a consistent track record for helping clients cut overall costs by up to 60%, we also differentiate our business with a "Strive for More" philosophy of boldly tackling even the toughest challenges with divergent thinking. Our innovative approach, superb service, and expertise in materials and logistics management have earned us a well-deserved reputation for improving our clients' competitive position.
Polymer And Molding Technician
Overview: Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S.
With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems. Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do. Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Responsibilities:
This person will work with state-of-the-art polymer materials used in undersea warfare acoustical applications. This will require mold making, molded material production, polymer mixing and production, polymer fitting to test fixtures, participation in testing of polymers. Qualifications: Requires High School level plus some specialized training. 5-6 years of experience.
Must be experienced with polymer item production, molding, and casting. Secret clearance required. Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration. Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
This position is responsible for sampling, transferring, filtering, blending, packaging product into totes, drums and loading tankers of finished Polymers. This position reviews shop orders and package tickets to create proper labels to affix to containers and place packaged material in stock and in shipping department for sales orders.
Polymer Packagers assist Operators with start up and shut down operations for the department. This is a physically and mentally demanding position that requires attention to detail and a safety oriented person Responsibilities: Follow safety procedures and wear proper PPE Read and follow Operating Procedures.
Check product & lot numbers on paperwork & packaging for accuracy. Loading and unloading tank trucks Packaging product into Totes and Drums. Help load raw materials into assigned vessels.
Take product samples to QA for release and storage. Complete pack tickets and other production forms. Maintain good housekeeping standards.
Take samples to shipping as noted on sales orders to process. Other responsibilities as assigned including those to assure safe, efficient operations of the plant. This is a general description and is not intended to be all inclusive.
Requirements: Work all shifts. Experience in using forklifts. High School diploma or equivalent.
Must have work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment. Attention to detail and numerical aptitude in order to assure accurate shipments to customers. Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities to resolve workplace process problems.
Effective communication skills both written and verbal to communicate with other employees. Sense of urgency and ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner in order to assure customer requirements are met. Able to pass physical requirements for position, some heavy lifting and wearing of proper PPE.
Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for careers including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
Polymer Processing Engineer
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
The Georgia Pacific Gypsum facility has a new opening for a Polymer Scientist at our facility in Blue Rapids, KS. The Polymer Scientist will be responsible for the technical process and quality manufacturing of a polymer extrusion line. In this role, you will create value through creative insight, innovation, disciplined problem solving, personal accountability, economic decision making, and critical thinking. If you possess a strong technical orientation combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to learn more about you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operating with compliance and safety practices at all times
- Managing daily manufacturing process of extruded polymer products
- Using statistics to analyze data to drive decision making and improvement programs
- Driving Overall Equipment Effectiveness and yield improvements
- Leveraging customer input to profitably improve product quality
- Developing and implementing profitable innovation programs for extruded polymer products
- Advancing new and improvement technologies using critical thinking and designed experimentation
- Ensuring that all Product Stewardship and Intellectual property compliance needs are met
- Collaborating with operations, business, and technical teams to translate best practices and advance state of the art performance
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, Material Science or an Engineering discipline with a research focus on polymers or materials
- Three (3) or more years experience working with polymer extrusion equipment making finished goods
- Willing and able to travel 10% to 25% of time, as needed
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Five (5) or more years experience working with polymer extrusion equipment making finished monofilament goods
- Experience operating monofilament extrusion equipment and resolving technical challenges
- Polypropylene experience a plus
- Leadership experience to include cross-functional teams and influence management
- Experience with Polymer synthesis and/or compounding of thermoplastics
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Post a Job
Product Developer/ Polymer Processing Technologist
Product Developer / Polymer Processing Technologist
Directly Reports to: Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt Salary
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the entire process related to the development of new products and improvement of existing products, including working with the development team, the customer, the production team, and Corporate R & D.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Raw material selection, testing and evaluation
- New product development that covers; base formulation, pigmentation and coatings
- Enhance technical performance of existing product range, which we supply to 4 distinct Business Units/Markets
- Able to operate lab equipment and lead project as they are scaled up and run on high volume production machinery
- Accelerated product testing, to ensure product meets our stringent quality requirements
- Manage projects and coordinate with customers as well as internal quality, manufacturing, purchasing and sales/marketing departments
- Collaborate with Group R&D teams
- Identify new technologies that enhance our product and process capability
- Assist in managing regulatory compliance in line with customer requests and Renolits sustainability policy
- Provide technical support to our customer
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably chemical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in development in the plastics industry is preferred, but a 2 year training program will be organized for those technologists who have the drive and motivation to develop into this role.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Good understanding of chemistry and polymer science
- Ability to identify root causes and associated solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to utilize project management tools to manage project timelines
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and Access required
American RENOLIT Corporation, a subsidiary of RENOLIT SE, Worms, Germany, is a leading 60-year producer of thermoplastic films that employs approximately 4,300 people and operates more than 30 sites worldwide. The success of the company is based on uncompromising product quality achieved through sophisticated raw-material formulations, state-of-the-art manufacturing technology, experienced and competent employees and a certified quality assurance system.
RENOLIT plastic films can be used to add a finishing touch to furniture surfaces, construction elements and hi-fi products, to seal off structural bodies, landfill sites and roof structures or to line swimming pools. RENOLIT produces films and tubes for medical applications such as blood bags and also manufactures recyclable panels as composite products with natural fibers for the construction and automotive industries. In addition, RENOLIT films are used to produce office organization products, interior trims for motor vehicles as well as self-adhesive products and technical items.
American Renolit Corporation, located at 1207 E Lincoln way in La Porte, Indiana, is the leading manufacturer of Vinyl and Polyolefin films and products. Our films are of the highest quality and are used in self adhesive applications (signage), furniture surface applications, in addition to various other applications. American Renolit Corporation in La Porte employs approximately 175 people and has enjoyed significant growth over the past 10 years. Further growth is anticipated and would be supported by the worldwide Renolit organization.
Sales Manager Polymer & Crystallization - AME
Sulzer Chemtech, a division of Sulzer Ltd, has leading positions in the fields of process technology, separation towers and polymer and crystallization. With locations for sales, engineering, production as well as installation and maintenance service, Sulzer Chemtech maintains a worldwide presence for its clients in the oil and gas, hydrocarbon processing and other industrial markets.
Sales Manager Polymer & Crystallization - Americas Your Job Sales responsibility for: Polymer production systems and plants (polymer foams, degassing unit, polymerization units) Components (reactors, heat exchangers, mixers, vessels, …) Crystallization systems and equipment Securing orders and project pipeline in line with budget expectations of the business Represent Sulzer in the respective market segments and create new business opportunities Establish quotations and support project costing for commercial projects Technical and commercial negotiations Foster and extend customer base and networking Global travel activity about 40 – 60% for customer visits, conferences and tradeshows, mainly in North and South American region Reporting to the Head Profit Center Polymer (Switzerland) Position located in Houston, TX or Tulsa, OK (Sulzer ST headquarters) Your Profile You have a university or technical college degree in engineering with a focus on polymer or petrochemicals, ideally combined with profound economic understanding in the polymer or petrochemicals markets. A minimum professional experience of 5-8 years in the polymer or petrochemicals industry is required.
Additional experience in international sales or project execution of complex process plants or similar capital investment goods would be advantageous. You are ambitious, accountable, pro-active, self-driven and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Furthermore you have a strong, customer-focused personality and are a team player with positive attitude and with a focus on business issues.
Due to your well organized and accurate working method you are able to manage multiple activities in parallel. You are fluent in speaking and writing in English and have basic communication skills in Spanish, both oral and written. Further European languages are beneficial.
Multicultural mindset and ability to deal in a fully international environment (internal and external) We offer …an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with competitive employment conditions and various opportunities for further development within the company. Besides the well-known brand name of a market leader and working on a best-in-class technology portfolio, you will have the opportunity to participate in innovative investment projects of global scale and help maintain our excellent reputation with our customers. Interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
We are proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action (EEO-AA) Employer. Minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
Sulzer abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. In addition, Sulzer takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Posted by StartWire
Post a Job
The Opportunity | Polymer Chemist
Independently performs high quality organic chemical analyses to meet customer expectations in a timely and cost effective manner. Independent activities include method development, sample preparation, technical consultation, testing, data review and reporting, and training other lab personnel.
- Conduct chemical analyses, coordinate the input of other departments and report results in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with proper work procedures and IMR safety guidelines
- Develop test methods to permit effective and efficient laboratory operations.
- Interface with customers on a regular, proactive basis to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Exhibit and maintain a high level of technical skill and knowledge. Keep abreast of new developments in the field. Serve as a resident expert and a technical resource for others.
- Train other employees within and across departments on test methods, procedures and other practices as required and appropriate. Participate in customer and accreditation audits covering functional areas.
- Keep management informed in a timely manner of administrative and technical activities, status of programs and potential problem areas.
- BS degree in chemistry from an accredited university or equivalent experience. An advanced degree or graduate study in the field is desirable.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a laboratory environment. Laboratory experience in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of a broad range of instrumentation. Experience with several of the following analytical techniques is a plus: FTIR, DSC, TGA, GCMS, ICP-AES, SEM-EDS, and HPLC. Familiarity with cleanliness test methods is also desirable.
- Familiarity with aerospace, medical and other industry material specifications and test methods is desirable.
- Experience with failure analysis and fractography of polymers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, teach and communicate effectively with fellow technical peers and demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities.