Acid Polymerization Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acid Polymerization Operator
Acid Unit Operator
The general responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include drawing samples of products for shift analysis. Read temperature and pressure indications and flow meters, records readings, and compiles operating records. Monitors condition of unit and troubleshoots when parameters are found to be out of normal operating range.
Other responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include:
- Maintains log of gauge readings and shift production using either paper or electronic logs (IntelaTrac)
- Inspects fire extinguishers, respiratory protections equipment, and safety showers.
- Performs chemical tests on product sample to ensure conformance with specifications, using standard test equipment, materials, and procedure.
- Inspects equipment in unit to determine location and nature of malfunction, such as leaks, breakage, and faulty valves. Complete electronic work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance by following Lock out Tag out procedures
- Follow all Life Critical procedures and ensure paperwork is completed correctly.
- Turns valves or moves controls to maintain system at specified parameters.
- Connects with loading rack to line up for storage.
- Starts an acid and water pump as needed
- Reports concerns or any issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensure rounds are completed as required and documented in logs
- Ensure SOPs / COPs / EOPs and good operating practices accurate and followed.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions (both unit and Treatment Services) prior to the start of shift
- Ensure appropriate troubleshooting or effort is made and results/status is communicated to fellow employees and supervisors.
- Follow interlock/alarm bypass procedure and ensure interlock bypasses are removed when no longer needed.
- Complete the necessary training and qualifications in the unit on timetable specified by supervisor.
- Be accountable for the health and safety of not only yourself, but the unit operators and all fellow plant personnel.
- Patrols unit to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Performs turnaround duties as requested by Area Supervisor.
- Communicate with other Units, Aroma Performance personnel, and Supervision regarding steam, water, or natural gas production and shutdowns.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in specific plant location or per job task specification.
- Performs autonomous maintenance jobs per the Labor Contract.
- Responsible for pulling, blowing, installing sonicore guns to the furnace. (this includes locking out for repairs).
- Covers vacations, STD’s, and absences for other 1st class operators as required by Supervision.
- Attend quarterly and all other mandatory safety meetings.
- Follow the Incident reporting process.
- Work with contractors and engineers in the unit; be involved in the projects, HAZOPS, Audits, (etc.) as needed.
- Housekeeping – Ensure the unit is clean and well maintained to ensure a safe and efficient work area
- Complete CBTs on time.
- Work with Superintendent, Supervisor and Unit Engineers to improve unit operations (efficiency, safety, costs, throughput).
- Works with all employees and contractors professionally and respectfully at all times.Perform any other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Inspects and monitors environmental, gas leaks and housekeeping within the unit.
- Attends required safety meetings to address safety and environmental concerns and incidents as well as current safety performance in unit. Participate by bringing forth current safety issues.
- Invokes “Stop Work” policy any time operational conditions become unsafe/uncertain
- Completes computer-based training to comply with HSE requirements and policies.
- Participates on Safety, Rescue, and other committees/teams as required.
- Notifies supervisor of all unsafe conditions/actions or procedure discrepancies.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions prior to the start of shift.
- Completes work permits as required.
- Performs equipment inspection for leaks, breakage, and malfunction within the unit.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-5 years of operational/process technology experience in a chemical plant
- 2 year Process Technology associates degree and 1 year of general plant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Transportation Worker’s Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Making generalization, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual or dangerous situations or with situations in which speed and sustained attention are required aspects of the job.
- Works around others, but independently.
- Will utilize shop math including practical application of fractions, percentages ratio, and proportion.
- Works as a team member.
- Able to work without direct supervision after hours.
Chemical Polymer Operator
Chemical Polymer Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Greenville SC area
Benefits: Full benefits, including 401k w/ co. match, vacation, health, dental, etc.
About our Client:
Our client, a global leader in the Polymer & Coatings segment, is seeking an experienced and accomplished has an opportunity for a Chemical Polymer Operator in their Simpsonville, South Carolina location. The Chemical Polymer Operator is responsible for following operating procedures to safely produce quality material. This is a dynamic, growing organization that ranks among its sector’s Top 10 worldwide in gross sales yearly; opportunities to join this company are few, but the resultant career growth and satisfaction derived from being with an industry leader makes this opportunity as a Chemical Polymer Operator tailor-made for “can do” winners!
- Read and follow operating procedures including sequencing of opening and closing valves and pumps.
- Follow safety rules and procedures as well as MSDS guidelines including wearing required PPE
- Load correct quantity of needed raw materials; monitor processes utilizing instruments/gauges; adjust process both manually and with computerized controls; assure finish product meets quality specifications.
- Fill out batch ticket and any other production forms.
- Select proper containers and labels according to production requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with equipment and work area
- HS degree or equivalent
- Must be able to work any shift
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment. Chemical Operator or Chemical Blender experience a plus
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow procedures and safety rules
- Demonstrated attention to detail to including following procedures and documenting process batch information
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative, team environment and effectively turn over shift to next shift
Axalta Full Professor - Polymer Science & Engineering
Position Title Axalta Full Professor - Polymer Science & Engineering Texas A&M Engineering Texas A&M is located in the twin cities of Bryan and College Station, with a population of more than 175,000, and is conveniently located in a triangle formed by Dallas, Houston and Austin. Texas A&M has more than 55,000 graduate and undergraduate students enrolled.
Research expenditures at Texas A&M total more than $820 million annually, ranking in the top tier of universities nationwide. With an endowment valued at more than $5 billion, the university ranks fourth among U.S. public universities and 10th overall. Texas A&M is aware that attracting and retaining exceptional faculty often depends on meeting the needs of two careers and having policies that contribute to work-life balance.
For more information visit http://dof.tamu.edu/Faculty-Resources/CURRENT-FACULTY/Faculty-Work-Life. With over 400 tenured/tenure-track faculty members and more than 13,900 students, the Dwight Look College of Engineering is one of the largest engineering schools in the country. The college is ranked seventh in graduate studies and eighth in undergraduate programs among public institutions by U.S.
News & World Report, with seven of the college’s 13 departments ranked in the Top 10. The Look College is also ranked 10th in the Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The American Society for Engineering Education ranks the Look College second in research expendit EEO Statement The members of Texas A&M Engineering are all Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability employers committed to diversity.
It is the policy of these members to recruit, hire, train and promote without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Department Overview Department Overview The department has a 205,000-ft2 facility in the Jack E. Brown Chemical Engineering Building, with another 16,000-ft2 facility in the Giesecke Engineering Research Building shared with the Texas A&M Energy Institute.
The department has 30 full-time tenure/tenure-track faculty; 11 lecturers, senior lecturers, and professors of practice; 230 graduate students; and over $27 million in endowments. In FY2016, the department was awarded over $15.6M of new research grants. In the 2015 US News and World Report ranking of the undergraduate programs, the Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas A & M University was ranked 14th among the public schools.
The department was ranked 16th among the public schools for its graduate program. Job Summary Job Summary The Department of Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University invites applications for the Axalta Chair in Chemical Engineering, an endowed tenured faculty position at the full professor level. Outstanding candidates with an accomplished record in polymer science and engineering will be considered with expertise in, but not limited to, the following areas: rheology, accelerated testing, dispersions and process modeling as related to polymer science and engineering.
The successful applicant will be required to teach; advise and mentor graduate students; develop an independent, externally funded research program; participate in all aspects of the department’s activities; and serve the profession. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Applicants should consult the department’s website to review our academic and research programs (http://engineering.tamu.edu/chemical). Job Location College Station Department Chemical Engineering Required Education and Experience Required Education and Experience Applicants must have an earned doctorate in chemical engineering or a closely related engineering or science discipline.
Preferred Education and Experience Other Requirements Other Requirements (highlighted portion should not change) Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, and a list of four references (including postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses) by applying for this specific position at www.tamengineeringjobs.com. Full consideration will be given to applications received by October 1, 2016. Applications received after that date may be considered until positions are filled.
It is anticipated the appointment will begin Fall 2017. Posting Details
Use this job description
Polymer Shift Supervisor
Reporting to the Polymer Group Operations Manager, the Polymer Group Shift Supervisor will be responsible for Polymer production at our Moncks Corner, SC facility. The ideal candidate will lead a team consisting of 8-11 employees to accomplish the department and company goals.
The Shift Supervisor will also be responsible for the following:
* Drive overall Safety performance
* Drive critical performance goals and plans that enable the team to achieve established objectives and production goals.
* Improving DAK Processes and equipment efficiencies as well as focus on implementation of cost reductions.
* Train, supervise and coach production line employees in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Assign daily tasks and evaluate work of your staff. Conduct annual employee performance reviews.
* Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and job safety standards.
* Approve work permits and ensure lock outs and safety procedures are followed.
* Ensure that all duties and responsibilities of the area/department are being completed accurately, timely and within budget parameters.
* Troubleshoot and resolve technically challenging problems/issues.
* Maintain discipline, morale and positive employee relations utilizing effective communication skills.
* Approve employee time and ensure adequate staffing of area.
* Ensure area housekeeping
* Drive improvement projects for stability or safety
* Create and document processes as needed.
* Maintain and authorize company documentation.
* Assist in production as necessary.
* Provide assistance and back up to other departments as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
DAK Americas LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* Minimum 5 (five) years' experience at a chemical manufacturing facility.
* Minimum 2 (two) years supervisory experience; preferable in a chemical manufacturing facility.
* Associates degree is preferred
* Ability to work independently and partner with team members effectively.
* Results oriented. Ability to translate key area and business needs into the right priorities and action.
* Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
* Experience with writing and revising existing policies and procedures.
* Ability to learn new systems and process.
* Root cause analysis and troubleshooting experience.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suit
o SAP Experience is a plus
o Data historian for process control
* The following skills are a plus:
o Knowledge of polymerization processes
o Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems
* Ability to work a rotating shift schedule and 24 hr on-call status is a must.
Use this job description
Polymer JS Developer -Spanish
Hello , ?We have a couple of openings that you would be a great fit for. Please send me your resume in a word format call me at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you..Role : ??????????? Polymer JS Developer
Spanish?Location : ????? Dallas TX?Duration : ????? 12? Months?Primary Requirements:Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on the most complex projects, often on multiple phases, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed.Provides guidance and checks the work of less experienced associates.Requires 5-8 years of applicable experience.Must be bilingual
Use this job description
Polymerics Inspection Operator
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting opportunity for right individual to fill the role of a Polymerics Inspection Operator located in Newark, DE.
Operate required testing equipment for product quality.
Perform visual inspection of product.
Computer use for data entry, MTL, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Logbook, training, non-conforming product, audits, etc.
Monitor product quality according to procedure.
Follow all Dow safety, quality, job, and site policies.
Have a desire to learn and develop technical skills to keep current with changing operations.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate well, verbally and in writing, and have strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
Able to work within an empowered team environment.
Have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of others.
A valid driver's license.
Able to work near moving or mechanical parts, near fumes or airborne particles, and near loud noises.
Able to work at table level and/or overhead level as necessary.
Able to perform task wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as: respirators, protective clothing, face masks, goggles, boots, etc.
Physically capable of lifting more than 25-50 pounds, climbing ladders and stairs, wearing safety gear, working in confined areas, and working in a chemical-manufacturing environment.
Visual acuity must meet 20/30 with or without correction
Able to work night shift, (10 PM - 6:30 AM, Monday - Saturday Morning).
A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Previous experience at The Dow Chemical Company.
Prior manufacturing experience.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Use this job description
You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging, cosmetics, soap, household detergents and carpet, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products. We are a global company with 5,000 employees serving customers in nearly 140 countries and generating about $10 billion in annual revenues. Our research discoveries have helped transform our industry, and safety remains our top priority each step of the way.
Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We have a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of mutual respect and inclusion. A diverse group of people working together means we are bringing the best ideas to the table. We also value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally.
The communities where we live and work are an integral part of what we do. We show our commitment by volunteering locally and making a pledge to sustainability. To us, sustainability means keeping the health and safety of our workforce paramount, being a responsible steward of the environment, creating the chemical building blocks for products that will exceed customer expectations, and acting responsibly and ethically across our global business dealings.
There’s never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. Construction of our $6 billion U.S. Gulf Coast Petrochemicals Project is nearly complete, having provided 10,000 construction jobs to the Houston area. When complete, we will be even better equipped to serve the global and growing demand for high quality plastics used in products that improve our quality of life. If you’re ready to grow with us, apply today!
Design and conduct research studies exploring the effects of polymer structure on film processing and other resin extrusion, polymer morphology and physical properties. Provide support for the Company’s new resin R&D efforts, technical service needs, as well as pilot plant and commercial plant operations while utilizing knowledge of polymer characterization techniques such as GPC/SEC, FT-IR, NMR, DSC and TGA.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
PhD in Polymer Science or Chemical Engineering with 12 months research experience in polymers. Knowledge of other polymer characterization techniques such as GPC/SEC, FT-IR, NMR, DSC and TGA required. Prerequisite knowledge gained through academic studies, applied research and/or publication.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Nine Days – Eighty Hours (9/80): Every other Friday is scheduled off. Week 1 - Monday through Thursday, 9 hours per day, Friday 8 hours; Week 2 – Monday through Thursday, 9 hours per day, Friday scheduled off. Works full 80 hours every two weeks.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age,disability, veteran status or marital status.
Eligibility for Relocation: [[req_ReloEligibilty]]
Closing Date: [[req_closeDate]]
Use this job description
Sales Representative - Composite & Polymer
INTERPLASTICCORPORATION is theleading manufacturer of unsaturated polyester, vinyl ester and specialtyresins, gel coats, colorants and putties under the CoREZYN® and
Silmar® brand names for the composites, cast polymer, and solidsurface industries. As a pioneer of cutting edge technology, we grow tomeet the needs of the composites industry. In addition, all of ourmanufacturing facilities and research and development laboratories are ISO9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified.
We have anexciting new opportunity for a SalesRepresentative in our California, Baja Mexico and Nevada territory. This position will report to the
Business Manager West & Marble & Casting Product Manager.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Responsible for increasing sales volume year over year.
Extensive travel throughout the territory calling on fiberglass, cast polymer and distribution accounts.
Coordination of customer product trials.
Scheduling of technical support on an as needed basis.
Writing reports and maintenance of all account activities.
- Developing and maintaining a strong working relationship with the customer base is key to the success of this position.
Punctuality and regularity of attendance are job requirement.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree.
- A Minimum 6 years of experience in the thermoset composites or cast polymer industry as well as experience in both direct and distribution selling.
- An aptitude for increasing sales and the ability to identify and close new accounts is a must.
- The successful candidate will possess effective interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational abilities, and a very strong work ethic.
- Candidate must possess a valid drives license for the state of residency and have an acceptable driving record.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Medical Benefit Plan
Life Insurance Plan
Short and Long Term Disability Plans
Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Benefits Plan
Chemist - UV Cured Polymer Coating Development
This role is for a polymer chemist who has experience with scratch resistant UV curable polymer coatings. This person will formulate and mix chemistries to produce coating samples, test them for scratch and abrasion resistance and adhesion, and work in conjunction with a coating engineer, technicians and customers to develop new coating products for a variety of eyeglass lens materials. This person will:
Design and conduct experiments using scientific methods to investigate UV curable polymeric materials applied via spin coating and other processes to ophthalmic lenses for scratch and abrasion resistance
Conduct bench and pilot-scale (laboratory) chemical reactions on polymers, additives, coatings, and potentially other products to see which formulas produce the best results and add value to lenses in production for prescription eyewear
Document technical reports from research experiments and/or working models
Run tests on formulations for compliance with customer requirements
Develop manufacturing processes for developed coatings
Assist in commercializing new coating products
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (PhD-level preferred) with a particular concentration in polymer chemistry AND at least 3 years of experience in developing and commercializing UV curable coatings; or any combination of training and experience that demonstrates proficiency in the required duties of this position.
This person must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of polymer chemistry, spin-coating, UV curing and testing techniques.
Written and verbal communication skills are required as customer interaction plays an important part in the coating development process.
Must couple technical skills with a sense of urgency and desire to win.
Our coatngs group is a small technical team that offers a lot of autonomy and freedom to experiment with new ideas, Our easily accessible facility in South Windsor, CT is just off I-84 about 25 minutes from Sturbridge, MA and 15 minutes from Hartford, CT.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Coburn Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an affirmative action – equal opportunity employer.
The diversity of our very talented workforce reflects this commitment. We strive to employ persons of all races and ethnic groups, color, gender, sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and especially Veterans and Veterans with Disabilities who have served and sacrificed for our country. When applying to Coburn, please complete the voluntary affirmative action survey.While employment decisions are based solely on each applicant’s credentials as they relate to the requirement of the job, we do appreciate your assistance in our diversity efforts and your questionnaire helps us in this regard.
Use this job description
Our client, a mid sized polymer and adhesive producer, seeks a Polymer Scientist who will be responsible for new product development and commercialization of polymers including:
- Identify customer products and market needs.
- Develop new products and formulations based on customer requirements and educating customers on the use of products.
- Lead technology innovation, product development projects, monitors work groups and provides direction to the team.
- Develops project objectives including budgets, timelines and feasibility.
- Works closely with manufacturing to implement new processes.
Use this job description