Acid Purifier Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acid Purifier
Purify Proc Oper
Description/Job SummaryExemplary Duties/Responsibilities: * Involves the loading and unloading of graphite parts into reactor type processing equipment with extreme caution to prevent the possibility of breaking, shipping or cracking of the fabricated part.
Operate and regulate electric furnaces and/or reactors to process materials in accordance with directions and established procedures.
Start up and shut down furnaces and/or reactors, regulate temperatures and process time cycles; perform security checks during processing cycles.
Monitor power fluctuations, water temperatures and gas flows being constantly alert for leaks of dangerous gases or chemicals.
Assist with the preparation of special racks for holding graphite parts and the fabrication of simple graphite replacement parts for processing equipment.
Maintain accurate and up to date production records.
Responsible for the cleaning of processing equipment and performing highly repetitive and routine visual, dimensional and mechanical inspection of graphite utilizing standardized inspection and testing methods.
Other duties may involve the replacement of tubes, felt, etc in furnaces, cleaning parts and furnaces along with general maintenance and housekeeping in the area.
Continually improve and monitor quality through product delivery, conformance and performance.
Minimum Qualifications: Suggested high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Use this job description
Phosphoric Acid Process Worker
The company has immediate openings for energetic employees in the chemical processing of metal for aerospace manufacturing. We have entry level openings for 2nd shift.
Individual will be trained to work on chemical process line which includes solvent cleaning along with working with various chemicals. We are looking for a team player who will pay attention to detail. if you have experience in etch/anodize operations we want to hear from you.
Use this job description
Sales Manager-Food Grade Amino Acids
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics.
With over 30,000 employees around the world, CJ promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com Job Summary: This position will lead our US based sales team to drive growth in our portfolio of food grade amino acids and other offerings we may acquire or develop.
Success in this position requires leadership, collaboration, and the ability to develop strong relationships with existing and potential customers. Strong analytical and communication skills are also required to lead a successful and diverse team of professional account managers. Summary of Essential Job Functions: • Hours of work:
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during core work hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. • Work location: This position may be home office or Downers Grove office based, depending on business needs. • Travel:
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. • Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. • Builds and maintains relationships with customers, industry influencers and key strategic partners within the food industry. • Manage and lead the sales team with account strategies, territory planning and administrative planning to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. • Assists the sales team with contract negotiations as needed. • Assists with the planning of sales exhibits. • Attends trade shows as needed. • Achieve revenue budget and growth targets through strong tactical implementation. • Develop and implement growth plans which increase customer loyalty and retention. • Lead the development of key account plans by subordinates. • Present and negotiate commercial offers which adhere to marketing strategies. • Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to marketing, supply chain, division leadership and technical service. • Provide leadership to the food sales team with a focus on skill development, coaching and creating an environment that fosters teamwork. • Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the sales department. • Develops and implements strategic sales plans to meet objectives and goals. • Sets performance standards of the sales department to meet company goals. • Keeps informed of food industry market trends, competitor activity and developments. • Resolve customer complaints or issues while protecting company assets and interests. • Create reports as needed. • Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience: • Bachelor Degree in a related field; • 8+ years sales experience in food grade amino acids, or in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals; • 3-5 years experience managing a team with demonstrated success; • Previous experience in a customer facing role; Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: • Knowledge of food grade amino acids, or experience in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals; • Strong analytical and competency using technology to improve results; • Ability to interact at multiple levels in customer organizations, including the ability to develop business relationships at the executive level; • Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to present technical data; • Demonstrated success in a results driven, team environment with the ability to lead by example; • Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite; SAP • Must be able to maintain confidentiality; Successful passing of a post offer criminal background check is required.
Use this job description
Amino Acid Scientist (Ninhydrin)
We are looking for an Analytical Chemist who has experience with ninhydrin amino acid analysis. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with an extremely motivated team who are looking to accomplish a first of it's kind.
The ideal candidate will have:
-PhD degree within a relative scientific field
- Amino Acid Analysis experience
- Experience designing and analyzing peptides (a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while complying to GMP/GLP standards
- Ability to be a self-starter
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Use this job description
Equipment Operator - Oilfield Acid Operator
This job will be located in Union City, Oklahoma.
The Equipment Operators primary responsibility will be the rigging up and rigging down of Acid Treating Equipment. The Equipment Operators will also be responsible for operating and transporting all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with the FMCSA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Safe operation and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Transporting US DOT regulated vehicle on public roads and on location.
- Safely rig up, operate and maintain Blenders, Pumps, Chem Add and Hydration Units.
- Safely rig up, operate and maintenance of high pressure iron.
- Proper DOT logging.
- Pre-trip inspections and post trip inspections.
- Usage and care of proper PPE.
- All other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a CDL.
- Must possess hazardous material and tanker endorsements.
- Fracturing / Acid experience is preferred, oilfield experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work involves occasional to frequent lifting of 50 pounds.
- Work area, machinery, and tool operations require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe boots, protective clothing and hardhats.
- Manual dexterity required for operating tools, machinery and computers.
- Working in extreme weather conditions may be required.
- Working of irregular hours required.
- Will involve shift work and overtime.
- Travel, overnight and multiple stay is a requirement.
- Must have a valid driver license and clean driving history. Must have Hazmat Endorsements.
Use this job description
Acid Unit Operator
The general responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include drawing samples of products for shift analysis. Read temperature and pressure indications and flow meters, records readings, and compiles operating records. Monitors condition of unit and troubleshoots when parameters are found to be out of normal operating range.
Other responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include:
- Maintains log of gauge readings and shift production using either paper or electronic logs (IntelaTrac)
- Inspects fire extinguishers, respiratory protections equipment, and safety showers.
- Performs chemical tests on product sample to ensure conformance with specifications, using standard test equipment, materials, and procedure.
- Inspects equipment in unit to determine location and nature of malfunction, such as leaks, breakage, and faulty valves. Complete electronic work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance by following Lock out Tag out procedures
- Follow all Life Critical procedures and ensure paperwork is completed correctly.
- Turns valves or moves controls to maintain system at specified parameters.
- Connects with loading rack to line up for storage.
- Starts an acid and water pump as needed
- Reports concerns or any issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensure rounds are completed as required and documented in logs
- Ensure SOPs / COPs / EOPs and good operating practices accurate and followed.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions (both unit and Treatment Services) prior to the start of shift
- Ensure appropriate troubleshooting or effort is made and results/status is communicated to fellow employees and supervisors.
- Follow interlock/alarm bypass procedure and ensure interlock bypasses are removed when no longer needed.
- Complete the necessary training and qualifications in the unit on timetable specified by supervisor.
- Be accountable for the health and safety of not only yourself, but the unit operators and all fellow plant personnel.
- Patrols unit to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Performs turnaround duties as requested by Area Supervisor.
- Communicate with other Units, Aroma Performance personnel, and Supervision regarding steam, water, or natural gas production and shutdowns.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in specific plant location or per job task specification.
- Performs autonomous maintenance jobs per the Labor Contract.
- Responsible for pulling, blowing, installing sonicore guns to the furnace. (this includes locking out for repairs).
- Covers vacations, STD’s, and absences for other 1st class operators as required by Supervision.
- Attend quarterly and all other mandatory safety meetings.
- Follow the Incident reporting process.
- Work with contractors and engineers in the unit; be involved in the projects, HAZOPS, Audits, (etc.) as needed.
- Housekeeping – Ensure the unit is clean and well maintained to ensure a safe and efficient work area
- Complete CBTs on time.
- Work with Superintendent, Supervisor and Unit Engineers to improve unit operations (efficiency, safety, costs, throughput).
- Works with all employees and contractors professionally and respectfully at all times.Perform any other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Inspects and monitors environmental, gas leaks and housekeeping within the unit.
- Attends required safety meetings to address safety and environmental concerns and incidents as well as current safety performance in unit. Participate by bringing forth current safety issues.
- Invokes “Stop Work” policy any time operational conditions become unsafe/uncertain
- Completes computer-based training to comply with HSE requirements and policies.
- Participates on Safety, Rescue, and other committees/teams as required.
- Notifies supervisor of all unsafe conditions/actions or procedure discrepancies.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions prior to the start of shift.
- Completes work permits as required.
- Performs equipment inspection for leaks, breakage, and malfunction within the unit.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-5 years of operational/process technology experience in a chemical plant
- 2 year Process Technology associates degree and 1 year of general plant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Transportation Worker’s Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Making generalization, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual or dangerous situations or with situations in which speed and sustained attention are required aspects of the job.
- Works around others, but independently.
- Will utilize shop math including practical application of fractions, percentages ratio, and proportion.
- Works as a team member.
- Able to work without direct supervision after hours.
Acetic Acid Process Engineer
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,100 employees worldwide and had 2015 net sales of $5.7 billion, with approximately 67% generated outside of North America. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its global product offerings, visit www.celanese.com.
'- Provide process engineering support for an acetic acid operating facility
Publish process letters detailing solutions for process engineering studies in support of capital and expense projects and PSM activities
Work closely with Operations to resolve operating issues that arise
Participate in and/or lead process Hazard Analyses (PHA) as scheduled
Participate in Management of Change activities
Work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful Project implementation
Mentor junior engineers
Detailed understanding of basic chemical processes (e.g. distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics, reaction kinetics, etc.)
Ability to work with multiple disciplines (Operations, Technical, Maintenance, Reliability)
Basic troubleshooting skills
Ability to multi-task and work independently
Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment
Strong problem solving skills and results orientation
Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
'- Familiarity with APSEN Engineering Suite
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Familiarity with PHAST dispersion modelling tools
Familiarity with PI data historian
In depth knowledge of acetic acid chemistry
Required Yrs Exp:
5 to 10 years
B.S. Chemical Engineering
Use this job description
Technician, Manufacturing 1 (Sial)
- Yes Hours: 1:30PM-10PM Pay: $16.50/hr Prepares and purifies chemical products using basic chemical synthesis techniques on a production scale. The chemical products comprise biochemical and diagnostic reagents, amino acid derivatives,
Pool Service Technician
Essential Duties and include the following: (1) Removes leaves and other debris from the pool, (2) Cleans bottom and sides of pool, (3) Performs routine pool openings and closings, (4) Inspects and replaces loose or damaged parts, (5) Cleans and
Use this job description
Veterinary Research Technician II Position"Snprc
POTENTIAL HAZARDS: This work will involve potential exposure to chemical hazards such as carcinogens (Formalin), toxic materials (Power Acid), other hazardous chemicals, including paint (Xylene), Bulk cleaning products (CFC, Roccal, Clorox,
Use this job description