Acid Purifier Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acid Purifier
Development Associate Iii, Nucleic Acid Technology
Position Summary This Development Associate III position will contribute to the optimization of manufacturing processes for Alexion’s biotherapeutic candidates and to the development of nucleic acid analytical/characterization methods. This position will be involved in development efforts ranging from discovery to early-stage clinical manufacture. This role will require collaboration with internal departments and outside partners to support the manufacture of nucleic acid-based therapeutics. Principal Responsibilities
Support the development and manufacture of nucleic acid drug candidates from preclinical to early-stage clinical, with emphasis on nucleic acid formulation.
Execute analytical method development and testing to support nucleic acid process development and formulation.
Facilitate interactions with external partners and CROs in assay development, assay transfer, sample analysis and troubleshooting.
Serve as a technical expert on lab instrumentation, software and/or assay procedures.
Document study results in technical reports.
Support group objectives associated with technology transfers and regulatory filings. Qualifications + 5+ years’ relevant work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry is required.
Experience in biophysical, chemical, and/or physicochemical analytical methods for nucleic acid formulations characterization is required.
Experience developing assays to support biotherapeutic process development is preferred.
Experience working with nucleic acids and in a sterile/RNase-free environment is preferred.
Knowledge of nucleic acid delivery technologies, including nanoparticulate and conjugate systems, is preferred.
Experience coordinating testing and method development at CROs is preferred.
Knowledge of the CMC/regulatory environment as related to nucleic acid therapeutics is preferred.
The ability to process, interpret, compile data and generate technical reports is required.
A high level of organization and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously are required.
Good written and oral communication skills are required.
Strong inter-personal skills and a willingness to collaborate with colleagues at the bench and on project teams are required. Education MS in relevant engineering, chemistry, or biological science field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting, or BS degree in relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting. *LI-DD1 [[filter5]], [[filter1]] [[filter4]] Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas. As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries. Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer
Engineering Technician - Acid & Quality Management - Morenci, AZ
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner. We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan. Under general supervision, work with other Technicians at mine site to obtain and deliver consistent and accurate samples to the assay laboratory in a timely manner. Assembles data and assists with problem-solving requiring basic theories and Engineering fundamentals
Identify which drill holes require sampling from the Drill Pattern
Must work closely and coordinate work schedule with dispatch and/or drilling and blasting
Obtain representative samples following the appropriate SOP's * Ensure that samples are obtained from equally spaced locations within the drill hole, that the minimum sample weight is obtained, that samples are correctly labeled, etc.
Assist with quality control; for those sample locations that are identified as locations for duplicate samples, repeat the sampling process on the same blast hole
Ensure that the duplicate samples are correctly labeled and that both the original and the duplicate are identified accordingly for laboratory staff.
Transport and deliver all samples to the assay laboratory, in a timely manner.
May perform entry level analytical laboratory tasks to prepare samples for analysis, or assist with routine chemical analysis and reporting tasks
May provide technical support to ore control and surveying staff, as required
Responsible for verifying that equipment is functional and operating properly
Ensure that all sampling equipment is cleaned after each sample has been taken
Perform other duties as required Minimum Qualifications * One (1) year of experience in an Engineering or technical area relevant to the assignment
Knowledge of specialized equipment, methods and techniques appropriate to assignment, including GIS/GPS mapping techniques
Skill in safely using, maintaining and repairing specialized equipment to complete assigned projects
Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing Preferred * High School diploma or GED * Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
Experience with SAP Criteria/Conditions * Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see
Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects up to fifty (50) pounds during the course of the workday
Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive: * Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or * Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or * Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee. /Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability/
Title: *Engineering Technician
Acid & Quality Management
Post a Job
Sales Manager-Food Grade Amino Acids
CheilJedang (CJ) was founded in 1953 specializing in food products. Since then it has grown into a global lifestyle brand with a business portfolio built around the four sectors - Food & Food Service, Bio & Pharma, Entertainment & Media, and Shopping & Logistics. With over 30,000 employees around the world, CJ promotes healthier, happier and convenient living through its many products and services. For more information, please visit www.cjamerica.com This position will lead our US based sales team to drive growth in our portfolio of food grade amino acids and other offerings we may acquire or develop. Success in this position requires leadership, collaboration, and the ability to develop strong relationships with existing and potential customers. Strong analytical and communication skills are also required to lead a successful and diverse team of professional account managers.
Hours of work: Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during core work hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Work location: This position may be home office or Downers Grove office based, depending on business needs.
Travel: This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Builds and maintains relationships with customers, industry influencers and key strategic partners within the food industry.
Manage and lead the sales team with account strategies, territory planning and administrative planning to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
Assists the sales team with contract negotiations as needed.
Assists with the planning of sales exhibits.
Attends trade shows as needed.
Achieve revenue budget and growth targets through strong tactical implementation.
Develop and implement growth plans which increase customer loyalty and retention.
Lead the development of key account plans by subordinates.
Present and negotiate commercial offers which adhere to marketing strategies.
Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to marketing, supply chain, division leadership and technical service.
Provide leadership to the food sales team with a focus on skill development, coaching and creating an environment that fosters teamwork.
Develops and implements procedures pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the sales department.
Develops and implements strategic sales plans to meet objectives and goals.
Sets performance standards of the sales department to meet company goals.
Keeps informed of food industry market trends, competitor activity and developments.
Resolve customer complaints or issues while protecting company assets and interests.
Create reports as needed.
Perform other duties as necessary.
Bachelor Degree in a related field; + 8+ years sales experience in food grade amino acids, or in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals; + 3-5 years experience managing a team with demonstrated success; + Previous experience in a customer facing role + Knowledge of food grade amino acids, or experience in a similar industry such as nutritional/dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, pet food for companion animals; + Strong analytical and competency using technology to improve results; + Ability to interact at multiple levels in customer organizations, including the ability to develop business relationships at the executive level; + Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to present technical data; + Demonstrated success in a results driven, team environment with the ability to lead by example; + Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite; SAP + Must be able to maintain confidentiality; Successful passing of a post offer criminal background check is required. External Company Name: CJ America, Inc.
Acetic Acid Process Engineer
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. Our products, essential to everyday living, are manufactured in North America, Europe and Asia. Known for operational excellence, sustainability and premier safety performance, Celanese delivers value to customers around the globe with best-in-class technologies. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company employs approximately 7,100 employees worldwide and had 2015 net sales of $5.7 billion, with approximately 67% generated outside of North America. For more information about Celanese Corporation and its global product offerings, visit www.celanese.com. '- Provide process engineering support for an acetic acid operating facility
Publish process letters detailing solutions for process engineering studies in support of capital and expense projects and PSM activities
Work closely with Operations to resolve operating issues that arise
Participate in and/or lead process Hazard Analyses (PHA) as scheduled
Participate in Management of Change activities
Work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful Project implementation
Mentor junior engineers Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: - Detailed understanding of basic chemical processes (e.g. distillation, heat transfer, hydraulics, reaction kinetics, etc.)
Ability to work with multiple disciplines (Operations, Technical, Maintenance, Reliability) - Basic troubleshooting skills
Ability to multi-task and work independently
Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment
Strong problem solving skills and results orientation
Ability to prioritize multiple assignments Desirable Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: '- Familiarity with APSEN Engineering Suite
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Familiarity with PHAST dispersion modelling tools
Familiarity with PI data historian
In depth knowledge of acetic acid chemistry Required Yrs Exp: 5 to 10 years Required Education: B.S. Chemical Engineering External Company Name: Celanese International Corporation External Company URL: http://celanese.com/
Acid Process Engineer
As a member of the Nitrocellulose/Acid team, the successful candidate will beresponsible for supporting our manufacturing operations. This person will be responsible for evaluating current processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production process.
Excellent communication and organizational skills will be required to provide real-time floor support, guidance, and direction to operations personnel.This individual will work closely with other Process Engineers on key projects and initiatives. The successful candidate should exhibit sound judgment, initiative and self-motivation, and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. Solid communication, teamwork and integration skills will be required to work effectively across functions at multiple levels.
The ability to manage time effectively while dealing with a variety of issues in a dynamic environment will be key to the success of this individual. Manufacturing support will include: Provide process engineering support to the Acid Manufacturing Department Develop new and redline existing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams Provide technical support to meet schedules in accordance with quality standards, safety requirements, and regulatory standards Facilitate and/or support improvement projects, maintenance projects, and aid in process troubleshooting Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting with process control systems Provide on call Technical support Author, maintain and update necessary Procedures & assist with training when applicable Develop cost estimates for new/existing productsand projects Collaborate and function in a team based environment Develop Process Flow Diagrams and Heat & Material Balances Interact with customers and suppliers Lead/support Process Hazard Analysis for new and existing processes Support Environmental Risk Management Plan Interact and support modernization projects within the Acid Area Develop new and redline existing Process Narratives Develop and implement quality, safety, and process improvements
Minimum Education And Experience Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education Bachelor's Degree in a technical or engineering discipline About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Acid Process Engineer
Post a Job
Amino Acid Scientist (Ninhydrin)
We are looking for an Analytical Chemist who has experience with ninhydrin amino acid analysis. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity with an extremely motivated team who are looking to accomplish a first of it's kind.
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD degree within a relative scientific field
- Amino Acid Analysis experience
- Experience designing and analyzing peptides (a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while complying to GMP/GLP standards
- Ability to be a self-starter
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Post a Job
Acid Unit Operator
The general responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include drawing samples of products for shift analysis. Read temperature and pressure indications and flow meters, records readings, and compiles operating records. Monitors condition of unit and troubleshoots when parameters are found to be out of normal operating range.
Other responsibilities for the Acid Unit Operator will include:
- Maintains log of gauge readings and shift production using either paper or electronic logs (IntelaTrac)
- Inspects fire extinguishers, respiratory protections equipment, and safety showers.
- Performs chemical tests on product sample to ensure conformance with specifications, using standard test equipment, materials, and procedure.
- Inspects equipment in unit to determine location and nature of malfunction, such as leaks, breakage, and faulty valves. Complete electronic work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance by following Lock out Tag out procedures
- Follow all Life Critical procedures and ensure paperwork is completed correctly.
- Turns valves or moves controls to maintain system at specified parameters.
- Connects with loading rack to line up for storage.
- Starts an acid and water pump as needed
- Reports concerns or any issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensure rounds are completed as required and documented in logs
- Ensure SOPs / COPs / EOPs and good operating practices accurate and followed.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions (both unit and Treatment Services) prior to the start of shift
- Ensure appropriate troubleshooting or effort is made and results/status is communicated to fellow employees and supervisors.
- Follow interlock/alarm bypass procedure and ensure interlock bypasses are removed when no longer needed.
- Complete the necessary training and qualifications in the unit on timetable specified by supervisor.
- Be accountable for the health and safety of not only yourself, but the unit operators and all fellow plant personnel.
- Patrols unit to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Performs turnaround duties as requested by Area Supervisor.
- Communicate with other Units, Aroma Performance personnel, and Supervision regarding steam, water, or natural gas production and shutdowns.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in specific plant location or per job task specification.
- Performs autonomous maintenance jobs per the Labor Contract.
- Responsible for pulling, blowing, installing sonicore guns to the furnace. (this includes locking out for repairs).
- Covers vacations, STD’s, and absences for other 1st class operators as required by Supervision.
- Attend quarterly and all other mandatory safety meetings.
- Follow the Incident reporting process.
- Work with contractors and engineers in the unit; be involved in the projects, HAZOPS, Audits, (etc.) as needed.
- Housekeeping – Ensure the unit is clean and well maintained to ensure a safe and efficient work area
- Complete CBTs on time.
- Work with Superintendent, Supervisor and Unit Engineers to improve unit operations (efficiency, safety, costs, throughput).
- Works with all employees and contractors professionally and respectfully at all times.Perform any other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Inspects and monitors environmental, gas leaks and housekeeping within the unit.
- Attends required safety meetings to address safety and environmental concerns and incidents as well as current safety performance in unit. Participate by bringing forth current safety issues.
- Invokes “Stop Work” policy any time operational conditions become unsafe/uncertain
- Completes computer-based training to comply with HSE requirements and policies.
- Participates on Safety, Rescue, and other committees/teams as required.
- Notifies supervisor of all unsafe conditions/actions or procedure discrepancies.
- Reviews all management of changes, accident/incident reports, shift log and operating instructions prior to the start of shift.
- Completes work permits as required.
- Performs equipment inspection for leaks, breakage, and malfunction within the unit.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-5 years of operational/process technology experience in a chemical plant
- 2 year Process Technology associates degree and 1 year of general plant experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Transportation Worker’s Identification Credentials (TWIC)
- Making generalization, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual or dangerous situations or with situations in which speed and sustained attention are required aspects of the job.
- Works around others, but independently.
- Will utilize shop math including practical application of fractions, percentages ratio, and proportion.
- Works as a team member.
- Able to work without direct supervision after hours.
HSC Acid Technician
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Chemically remove metal and/or contaminants from Titanium castings to prepare them for heat treatment, FPI, and weld repair by performing the following duties.
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
- Ability to read and follow the information on work instructions.
- Record data either manually or by computer as required.
- Remove residual manufacturing contaminants such as dirt, markings, oil, and excess metal from castings.
- Inspect cleaned objects to ensure conformance to both internal and external customer standards.
- Accurately gauge castings using hand-held gauges and digital micrometer to ensure proper removal of metal from castings.
- Load castings on rotator, rack, or in containers and immerse them in chemical and rinsing solutions.
- Maintain consistency of acid and alkaline cleaning solutions by adding chemicals as needed.
- Drain, clean, and refill working tanks.
- Interpret visual acceptance criteria and zone maps in order to correctly gauge and mask casting defects.
- Mask casting surface with a resin material to inhibit removal of metal during chemical milling process.
- Understanding of emergency procedures in case of acid spill.
- Qualified to work in confined spaces and pass Pulmonary test.
- High School or general education degree (GED).
- Three months related experience and/or training.
- Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Calculates figures and amounts such as area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to carry out instruction in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deals with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Post a Job
Operations & Maintenance Technician
The Operator I maintains water/wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in water/wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements. ... Able and willing to work around and with
Post a Job
Water Treatment Plant Operator I (Job:126167)
This classification aids in maintaining the City's core values by following established procedures to continuously purify and clarify water that excels in quality and taste for human consumption and industrial/commercial use. ... Operates
Post a Job