Acid Supervisor Job Description Sample
Acid Manufacturing Area Team Leader
The Acid Area Team leader isan integral member of the leadership team, responsible for managing activities in the
Acid Manufacturing Area, and reports directly to the Acid Area Production Manager. The Team Leader's primary role is to maintain, develop, and implement production planning systems to support the following activities: production scheduling, production planning/coordination, labor resource planning, maintenance scheduling, supervising both salary and union employees, assist in process investigations, and manufacturing performance metrics. Responsibilities
Provide team leadership and coaching
Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, and creative thinking to foster an inclusive team environment
Motivate and inspire team members
Coach and help develop team members help resolve conflicts
Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
Lead the area to meet production goals while maintaining superior safety and environmental performance
Assure that the team members have the necessary training to effectively contribute to the team
Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
Focus the team on the necessary tasks at hand to deliver against internal and external customer requirements
Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary
Liaison and work closely with support departments to resolve issues and accomplish tasks
Communicate team status, task accomplishment, and direction
Provide status reporting of team activities against the production plan or schedule
Manage manufacturing costs; both direct and indirect elements
Keep the Production Manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status
Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
Conduct performance appraisalsand reviews of subordinate employees
Required Skills And Education - Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of production planning experience, including personnel supervisory responsibilities. - A thorough knowledge of a variety of manufacturing activities to include scheduling, personnel relations, budgeting, and operational safety.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Acid Manufacturing Area Team Leader
31913BR-1651 EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Scientist, Nucleic Acid Therapeutics Delivery
We have a formulation scientist position open in the Nucleic Acid therapeutics unit of NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) at our Cambridge, MA site. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced candidate having a strong background in the delivery of nucleic acid therapeutics.
The position will be laboratory based, but requires project management and leadership responsibilities within and external to the Nucleic Acid team. Hands-on responsibilities will include the development and characterization of suitable formulations for the therapeutic delivery of mRNA and oligonucleotides, evaluating external (academic and private sector) delivery technologies and tracking a variety of key delivery vehicle attributes such as stability and toxicity. The successful candidate will have a high degree of independence regarding the planning and execution of experiments but must be able to multi-task and work in a team atmosphere.
Strong verbal communication skills, a well-organized working style as well as timely and accurate technical reporting and documentation are essential to the position. Other duties include: Evaluate the proposed formulations and provide recommendations to the team and senior management as to which formulations are appropriate to pursue for toxicology and clinical testing.
Track progress against project plans, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and issues to management. Maximize automation for formulation processes Be creative and innovation in problem solving. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment.
We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements -Ph.D. in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Analytical Chemistry or a Masters with 3-5 years of relevant experience. Extensive experience working with nucleic acids (mRNA, antisense, CRISPR/CAS9) and corresponding formulations (lipid nanoparticles, polymer-based…) Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot instruments and analytical assays Strong experience with formulation characterization, assessment of quantities and quality Proven track record of innovative project contributions including peer reviewed publications.
Ability to lead projects, interact and innovate within multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists and pharmacologists. SDL2017
A highly qualified Maintenance-Wastewater Supervisor will proactively maintain our facilities and equipment. The individual will lead a variety of activities to facilitate the continuous safe operation of equipment and facilities in a metal finishing plant. Direct a small team to ensure that facilities and equipment are in good repair and organized and production downtime is minimized.
The Maintenance-Wastewater Supervisor is responsible for general oversight and monitoring of the Wastewater treatment system and hazardous waste disposal.
Looking for motivated individual with safe work practices. Individual must be a self-starter, reliable, and willing to work as a member of a team. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced industrial environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees in the maintenance department.
- Create and maintain annual Preventative Maintenance plan in electronic format for company equipment and facility to maximize productivity.
- Conduct routine plant maintenance to requirements defined in work instructions and maintenance plans, while maintaining safe working practices as required by law and company policy.
- Initiate maintenance and repair, or recommend replacement of production equipment, as result of ongoing maintenance and safety initiatives.
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment as necessary, given available resources.
- Participate in routine maintenance duties, which may include: Plumbing, light welding, and construction; Interior maintenance (including, but not limited to painting, trash disposal, recycling); Errands, as assigned
- Coordinate work performed by outside vendors
- Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates
- Lead the creation/fabrication of custom cathodes required by NEE production. This activity will often be done at the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Maintain organization of raw materials inventory; initiate reorder of raw materials as required.
- Maintain organization, good repair and safe utilization of NEE tools (including power tools)
- Manage and oversee Waste Treatment System; Candidate should successfully pass MA Level II Industrial Wastewater Operator Exam within 6 months of start of position.
- Supervise/manage daily treatment of wastewater treatment system and regular hazardous waste disposal. Administrative Responsibilities include generating city of Fall River and MA reports (Tier 2)
- Material handling of chemical supplies including receipt of new materials, transfer of chemicals for bath make up, and removal of empty containers and waste products from the work areas.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all related company safety procedures and policies and waste treatment guidelines. This includes a thorough understanding of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), identification and awareness of chemical hazards.
- Ensure that all delivery vehicles are cleaned, fueled and in proper working order.
- Demonstrate flexibility with work schedule. Weekend work is often required during peak periods or to execute specific projects.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions and operating manuals (in English).
- Previous experience in facilities maintenance in an industrial environment required; previous experience maintaining a metals manufacturing, plating or metal finishing facility strongly preferred.
- Must be able to pass safety test and drive a forklift in a skillful and safe manner.
- OSHA Forklift License strongly preferred.
- Massachusetts Industrial Wastewater License Holder Level 2, should be secured within 6 months of hire.
- Ideal Candidate would come in with a License and have experience with Waste Treatment
- Idea candidate will have previous experience with chemicals, hazardous materials storage and disposal, associated wastewater treatment equipment (pumps, filter press, etc.), and SDS requirements.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to supervisors, subordinates, and co-workers in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to effectively train and coach subordinates
- Ability to maintain and document accurate counts, readings, maintenance records
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- High energy level required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely, without assistance or difficulty.
- Move heavy objects, such as full racks of parts and 50 gallon liquid drums, using material handling devices where necessary.
- Ability to climb stairs, reach, crawl and twist as needed
- Ability to remain on feet continuously throughout the work day
- Possess and maintain a regular state-issued driver’s license. Maintaining a safe driving record (both professional and personal) is an ongoing requirement of this position.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
NEE is currently one of the few companies in the United States that concentrates on electropolishing stainless steel parts. In addition to traditional electropolishing services, NEE offers passivation services through nitric acid or citric acid.
NEE is equipped to meet most stainless steel electropolishing and passivation applications. Our electropolishing services are utilized by a diverse range of industries. A sampling of the industries that NEE presently services includes medical/surgical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, water filtration, marine, precision machining, and food service.
Elections Supervisor / Program Supervisor (N3016)
Description Lane County is hiring a Program Supervisor to work in Elections, a Division of the County Clerk. The Division of the County Clerk administers all federal, state, and local laws as they apply to conducting elections, voter registration, and related processes. The ideal candidate will be a confident team leader who possesses a proven track record of integrity and a commitment to excellence. If you have exceptional communication skills and strong attention to detail, we encourage you to apply! You are required to upload a cover letter for this position. Please ensure your cover letter addresses the following questions: 1. Describe your experience coordinating and scheduling staff for a complex project. Describe the scope of the project in terms of complexity, staff and length of time to complete. (Include the employer, dates of service, and your position.) 2. Describe your supervisory experience, including the number of staff supervised, and type of work. (Include the employer, dates of service, and your position.) CLASS SUMMARY: This is a fully performing professional level in the assigned field or discipline requiring specialized technical skills and a solid knowledge of principles and practices in the program area. Incumbents have professional responsibility for coordinating program activities; serving as a liaison and/or advocate to internal/external customers; and assisting in program policy and procedure development, ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines, and/or contract management. Incumbents may have formal supervisory responsibilities over professional, technical and/or support staff.
*Please note that this posting will remain open until filled, but to ensure consideration applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Schedule: Monday
Friday, 8:00 am
5:00 pm. Some evening and weekend work during major elections may be required.
*This position is non-represented
- Examples of Duties
- Duties may include, but are not limited to the following (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.) 1.May supervise staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations. 2.Coordinates, supervises, and evaluates day-to-day operations of an assigned program; ensures compliance with applicable internal and external requirements; manages applicable contracts associated with program operations. 3.Coordinates the development and administration of program goals, objectives, activities, and strategic initiatives; assesses consequences and outcomes of program initiatives. 4.Serves as a liaison with clients and external agencies; represents the County and program on a variety of committees, events, advocacy groups, and/or other related groups. 5.Participates in the preparation and administration of the program budget; prepares cost estimates and submits justifications for budget items; monitors and controls expenditures. 6.Researches grant opportunities; writes grants; monitors compliance of grant requirements. 7.Compiles and analyzes data; prepares and reviews related reports and correspondence. 8.Negotiates, coordinates, monitors, and adjusts a variety of contracts; develops, reviews, and implements RFPs for contractual services. 9.Conducts research to identify emerging needs, trends, and services related to assigned area of responsibility. 10.Designs and implements marketing and/outreach strategies to ensure public exposure to program offerings. 11.Performs other duties of a similar nature or level. Minimum Qualifications Knowledge of (position requirements at entry): * Marketing principles;
Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, ordinances, statutes, and regulations;
Record keeping principles;
Public relations principles;
Culturally competent practices;
The role that culture plays in work relationships, operations and dynamics;
Basic budget administration principles;
Program coordination principles and practices;
Advanced principles of assigned area of responsibility;
Analytical methods and techniques;
Report preparation methods;
Grant and/or contract administration practices;
Strategic planning principles;
Program/project management principles and techniques. Skills in (position requirements at entry): * Monitoring and evaluating the work of subordinate staff;
Prioritizing and assigning work;
Preparing a variety of reports;
Compiling and analyzing data;
Monitoring a budget;
Planning, coordinating, and managing program activities;
Working effectively with clients, co-workers, employees and supervisors from diverse backgrounds;
Gathering, interpreting and behaviorally adapting to cultural contexts;
Conducting research and needs assessments; * M
Supervisor Manufacturing (2Nd Shift)
Supervisor Manufacturing What you will do You will set performance standards for task, jobs and roles of their employees are the key goals this role. You will report directly to the Area Manager and your role will impact your team by driving improvement metrics in safety, quality, productivity and costs.
You are passionate about continuous improvement, efficiency improvement and ensuring on-time deliverables to our customers. As a member of the St. Joseph, MO Facility team, you are the only plant in division that serves OE and aftermarket customers with acid flooded and AGM batteries as a result of the recent $34 million expansion.
How you will do it* You must be a self-motivator, independent thinker, quality conscious, results orientated. You are an effective communicator, willing listener and sensitive to employees’ concerns and needs. Because of these qualities, coaching, mentoring, counseling and training your team will come naturally. What we look for [Required Qualifications] • Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred • Associates degree with 6 years of supervisory experience [Preferred Qualifications] • Computing skills, mechanical aptitude • Prior manufacturing experience • Must have delivered demonstrated improvement measurable/metrics • Lean Training, 5S Training and HPT exposure • Caring, competent, consistent
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient.
We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow.
Tomorrow needs you. Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Title:Supervisor Manufacturing (2nd Shift)
RN / RN Supervisor / Registered Nurse Supervisor (Sign ON Bonus!!!)
We are seeking a RN Supervison to join our team for 2nd and 3rd shift! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Shift Supervisor / Racking Supervisor
Job Title: Shift Supervisor/Racking Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Supervises all hourly production employees under the direction of the Plant Manager. Evaluates and makes recommendations to the Plant Manager for personnel, efficiencies, planning, methods, and plant operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Instructs, trains, and coaches both lead personnel and hourly employees in the proper techniques, procedures and work habits to assure volume quality production
- Constantly looks for improvement in the plant by inquiring and promoting ideas from all personnel, and then evaluating and reporting to Production Manager or Plant Manager.
- Promotes a pleasant working environment utilizing a team effort, with communication and training being priorities.
- Assures that all parts are run in accordance with the instructions and programs, and that the parts meet the specification and quality requirements of the customer.
- Takes the initiative to correct a process or tooling related problem, or halt production until the proper personnel can be notified for corrective action. Communicates methods and corrective action to other supervisors and personnel.
- Assists in planning labor requirements to meet customer needs as well as controlling labor cost as set forth by the plant manager and corporate financial goals. Must maintain flexibility.
- Administers the policies of the company as set forth in the division handbook as it related to the supervision of employees.
- Determines recourse in the event of failure to meet schedules or quality requirements, keeping the company objectives and customer needs in mind.
- Recognizes operating irregularities, equipment malfunctions, and unsafe working conditions or work-related practices and notifies plant manager and production manager.
- Works consistently to minimize scrap and rework, works in team effort to correct, and maintain records for future. Assures that procedures are followed and rework parts are processed in a timely fashion using documented methods. Works with plant manager, production manager, customer service and quality assurance to assure customers of the highest quality possible.
- Offers suggestions and recommendations to improve the plant and production operation for the short and long term.
- Practices and promotes good housekeeping. Responsible for working in team effort to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Offers suggestions relating to job improvements such as methods, procedures, techniques, housekeeping, preventative maintenance, safety, quality, etc.
- Must have ability to perform any job function within the production department, train employees, and improve work flow.
- Assist plant manager and production manager in preparing a monthly report of significant events within department by the end of the fiscal period.
- Attend and participate fully in production, scheduling, planning, and training meetings. Be prepared to offer suggestions and make decisions based on group effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Manages XX subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of XX employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Drug & Alcohol Clinical Supervisor - Approval Of Care Supervisor
Bucks County Drug and Alcohol Commission, Inc., located in Warminster, PA, is seeking a Drug & Alcohol Approval of Care Supervisor.
This position encompasses planning, implementing and maintaining supervision of the Approval of Care Department. Primary responsibilities include overseeing approval of care and related pre-certification, concurrent review and discharge/transfer process, including primary supervision of staff and administrative requirements of the program, communication with providers, treatment agencies and other community organizations. Oversight of the clinical reviews for all requests for residential treatment and priority ambulatory clients.
In addition, the Drug & Alcohol Approval of Care Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the resources of the community for clients involved in drug and alcohol treatment and providing technical assistance to community groups, health and human service agencies, special interest groups and public or private institutions regarding services. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment within established policies and procedures and reporting.
Must have the ability to make clinical decisions and triage client care appropriately and efficiently. Act as a liaison to agencies providing assessment and treatment services.
Specialty Projects will be an integral part of this position.
Knowledge of Bucks County services and resources a plus.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school in social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, counseling, nursing or a related field
- Equivalent of three years of supervisory experience in the behavioral health/drug and alcohol field.
- Knowledge of mental health and alcohol and other drugs, medical necessity criteria and level of care treatment options a must.
- Certification in the use of Pennsylvania Client Placement Criteria (PCPC) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) preferred.
Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Position requires a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and automobile insurance.
Bucks County Drug & Alcohol Commission, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Program Supervisor VI - Clinical Supervisor For Se
JOB SUMMARY: Provides advanced (senior-level) administrative and supervisory work for the agency s sexual behavior treatment program (SBTP), which offers a full complement of sexual behavior treatment services to youth with sexual behavior problems who have been committed to the TJJD.
The SBTP is provided in addition to the agency s rehabilitative strategy and involves a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach utilizing techniques such as motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, impulse control and self-regulation strategies and evidence-based case management and treatment strategies that seek to hold the youth accountable. Public safety, victim protection and reparation for victims are paramount and are integrated into the expectations, policies, procedures and practices of the program. Responsibilities include supervising, planning, and assigning the work of licensed sex offender treatment providers responsible for providing treatment services directly to youth assigned to a TJJD state-operated high security correctional facility and coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating program activities at the assigned facility.
Treatment services and activities include assessment, supplemental psychosexual education classes, short-term treatment, pre- and post-treatment services, and intensive residential treatment. No later than two years after employment, this position becomes responsible as needed for the clinical development of unlicensed treatment providers working toward primary mental health licensure and certification as a licensed sex offender treatment provider. Work involves working in partnership with other clinical supervisors to establish program goals and objectives; develop schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving program goals; develop program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations.
In addition, work involves overseeing the preparation of or preparing management and operational reports; representing and making presentations regarding the SBTP at meetings; providing training as needed; acting as a liaison to other TJJD departments regarding SBTP activities and youth treatment; acting as a consultant to other agencies as directed; and assisting with the development and evaluation of budget requests. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and be on call. Occasional to moderate travel may be required.
Store Support Supervisor - Front End Supervisor
Job Description: Assist with scheduling, supervision of team members as well as with the day-to-day flow of the department. Maintain attractive Front End displays and support the regional Front End vision. Support the Front End Team Leader and Associate Team Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Front End Team. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members.Responsibilities
Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Surprise and delight the customers with excellent customer service.
Actively manage work flow on the front end, manage customer flow, and report performance and policy issues to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
Help train Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover as delegated by Team Leader and Associate Team Leader
Establish and maintain a positive work environment that supports a high Team Member morale.
Communicate and maintain Team Member safety and security standards.
Supervise and delegate tasks to Front End Team Members.
Assist in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning checklists and training materials.
Support national, regional, and store programs.
Responds promptly to customer needs and questions and requests assistance when necessary, including answering the store phone system.
Open and close department according to established procedures.
Oversee team and resolve difficult customer situations.
May assist with interviewing
Determine break schedule and ensure all necessary breaks are given.
Communicate team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader.
Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
Extensive knowledge of Front End Team procedures and policies
Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner
Ability to perform physical requirements of position
Ability to operate all necessary equipment
Strong demonstrated organizational and time management skills
Basic computer skills and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed Desired Work Experiences + 1+ year Front End or Customer Service experience required
Customer Service Focus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!