Acoustical Carpenter Job Description Sample
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
Acoustical Ceiling Installer View All Jobs Posted on September 28, 2016 Scheduled hours: Varies Direct supervisor: Crew Manager Status: Non-exempt Location: Wisconsin
HJ Martin is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation. Duties Include, but are not limited to:
Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile
Measure and mark the surface according to blueprints and drawings
Communicates effectively with others in all phases of work and is safety oriented
Ensures job site remains clean and orderly
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED required
Must have a valid driver’s license
Demonstrates dependability, accountability and initiative
Knowledge of basic tools i.e. ability to read and use a tape measurer
A year of experience in the field is preferred, but not required Physical Demands:
Requires strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, working on hands/knees, pushing, or pulling objects and being in dusty conditions is common Conditions of employment:
Must be able to pass background and pre-employment drug test Please email a resume to the following contact: H.J. Martin & Son, Inc. HRemail@example.com 320 S. Military Ave. Green Bay, WI 54303 Apply Here! H. J. Martin & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.
Project Foreman - Drywall, Acoustical And Metal Framing
Role : Maintain safety, schedule and labor production for small and large projects, while ensuring the highest quality possible for the client.
Organize,Plan and Buyout
1 Attend project kickoff meeting between estimating and management
2 Review all construction documents for accuracy, contract, schedule, budget, material takeoff, labor drawings, specifications…etc
3 Work alongside estimator to gain an understadning of project estimation and execution strategy.
4 Gain an understanding of all material and labor for project
5 Manage all field labor for each project, coordinate daily schedule with PM
6 Schedule equipment and material deliveries for job flow
Understanding the project, drawings, quality requirements and able to meet tight deadlines.
1 Manage all aspects of the construction phase
2 Provide weekly updates schedule, labor and changes to scope
3 Coordinate all change orders with PM
4 Manage project foreman for quality, production and accuracy
5 Manage quality at each phase of the project. Eliminate re-work and back charges
6 Supervise and coordnitate all job site activities with PM
7 Work with accounting to ensure all billings each month are accurate and complete
8 Attend weekly job-site meetings
1 Provide all closeout documents in a timely manner
2 Manage punch list for accuracy
3 Prepare closeout construction reports with actual material and labor
Estimator/Contractor - Acoustical Ceilings
SKINNER INTERIOR SYSTEMS, INC. is actively searching for Estimator/Project Manager to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona. Our corporation is well established and respected in commercial market.
Since 1993, the staff of Skinner Interior Systems, Inc. is one of the leading specialty contractors in Arizona and has consistently satisfied general contractors, building owners and architects, by achieving quality results in commercial acoustical ceilings and wall panel installations.
WAGES: OPEN- WILL BE DETERMINED – COMPETITIVE
- BENEFITS: MEDICAL INSURANCE
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- LIFE INSURANCE
- DIRECT DEPOSIT
THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF BIDDING FOR ACOUSTICAL CEILING SCOPES OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DUTIES: DAILY DUTIES:
1. Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
2. Bidding Acoustical Services and Products, including monitoring market and technical trends.
3. Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
4. Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices information.
5. Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
6. Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
7. Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
8. Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
9. Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
10. Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
11. Managing and coordinating current projects by documenting and interacting with other departments and clients for proper progress of jobs.
12. Reviewing and monitoring construction documents and contracts before, during, and a completion of a project.
13. Performing other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
14. Managing job costs to include pricing and cost updating of changes of active jobs and forecasting remaining job costs of active jobs.
15. Setting up projects through the incorporation of all pertinent data needed for completion of a project.
16. Oversight and management of construction projects in regards to scheduling, manpower, tools and material, and subcontractors.
17. Managing the project budget and financial reporting.
18. Coordinating billings, including change orders and related items.
19. Setting up jobsite project and accounting files.
20. Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
21. Coordinating material purchases and deliveries.
22. Leadership and supervision of project team members.
23. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Full Time Employment).
2. Minimum 1year completed in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Intern Employment).
3. At least Two years’ experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
4. Excellent working knowledge of Plexxis, On-Screen Takeoff, Excel, and Word software.
5. Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team members.
6. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
7. Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
8. Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Ability to read and interpret contract documents, drawings, schedules, and specifications.
10. Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
11. Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
12. Strong leadership and management abilities.
13. Knowledge of construction budgets, scheduling and estimating.
14. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
Commercial Metal Stud Framers, Drywall, Acoustical Ceilings
R K Webb LLC
We are a commercial sub-contractor that provides facilities construction work throughout Corpus Christi and surrounding areas. We specialize in metal stud framing, drywall, insulation, and acoustical ceilings; therefore, we require all employees to be experienced in these fields and maintain professionalism.
Purpose of Position: Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction projects, specifically journeyman level framing, drywall and acoustical ceilings. Helpers not needed at this time.
Must have tools and reliable transportation.
Must have minimum 1-3 years commercial construction experience.
Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade.
Pay Scale: Based on experience in
Commercial ConstructionJob Type:
Required experience: 3 years
Metal Framing, Drywall Hanging And Finishing, Acoustical Ceilings
Concept Construction is a commercial construction company looking for skilled, reliable workers to join our team. We specialize in interior and exterior remodels of commercial spaces, as well as ground up construction. This job requires you to travel and be out of town for about 2 weeks at a time. The Crew leader position comes with a company truck. The crew rides in a company truck and gets hotels paid for by the company while out of town. You must be able to pass a drug test. Must be willing to work hard for long hours. Must have a valid drivers licence.
Ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Metal stud framing
- Hanging and finishing drywall
- Acoustical ceilings
- Installing commercial doors and hardware
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
Tracking Code 1571-224
Job Description Insulation installers are responsible for installing various products with blown or rolled forms of material and providing excellent service to our customers.
Install various products with blown or rolled forms of material
Fit, wrap, staple, or glue insulating materials using hand tools or wires
Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, or cement
Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments, or cement mortars
Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers and regulate flow of materials through nozzles
Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces
Following safety procedures
Load or unload materials
Complete safety checks and job site clean up
Follow all safety guidelines outlined in Service Partners'' safety manual
Work in a team environment LEVEL OF SUPERVISION: None
Must be safety-focused
Willing to work inside crawl spaces, attics, basements and are comfortable with heights
Ability to work in, and promote, a team environment
Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
Required to repetitively lift up to 70 lbs depending on the job
Hand dexterity and strength
Overtime may be required, including some weekends
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Previous experience as an installer
Job Location Kalispell, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Union Status Non-Union
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
must be exp 10 year min. must have truck and tools work dade, broward palm beach excellent pay
this is a 40 year old company we always have work
Sales Representative - Drywall / Acoustical Ceiling Material
seeking motivated individual to sell drywall and acoustical ceiling materials in the Atlanta market to commercial and residential contractor customers. Must have at least 5 years experience drywall sales in the Atlanta area market.
Acoustical Ceiling Installers Wanted
USI West Coast Insulation is looking for experienced Installers to join our team at our branch in Fort Myers, FL.
We are looking for candidates with prior Acoustical Ceiling installation experience, but are willing to train for the right candidate
- Full-Time Position! (40 hrs./week)
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Valid driver's license required
COMPETITVE PAY & GREAT BENEFITS:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Company Holidays & Paid Time Off
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Company Match
USI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Drug Free Workplace
USI is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.JB.0.31.LN
Engineer, Acoustical I - Acoustic Testing Engineer
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation s security. ManTech is seeking an ENGINEER, ACOUSTICAL I - Acoustic Testing Engineer for our operations in West Palm Beach, FL & Andros Islands, FL.
Education and General Professional Experience: Bachelor's level degree in a technical field with three (3) years professional experience in SONAR, ship's acoustics, signal processing, or ship's noise measurement systems. A Secret security clearance is required.
Specialized Experience: A total of three (3) years of specialized experience in three (3) of the following five (5) areas is required (qualifying experience consists of one (1) year or more in any single area): a. Conduct of acoustic trials/measurements/tests. b.
Use of automated /computer-controlled systems for acquiring and processing acoustic data. c. Knowledge of narrowband, 1/3 octave, octave, strip chart, and LOFAR data presentation. d. Familiarity with electronics systems /systems maintenance. e.
Preparation of technical documentation. The professional and specialized experience requirements above may have been acquired simultaneously.
Qualifications Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience See Qualifications
Position Type Full-Time
Overview ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers.
As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000.
ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms.
We pay no fees for unsolicited services. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!