Acoustical Carpenter Job Description Sample
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
HJ Martin is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation. Duties Include, but are not limited to:
Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile
Measure and mark the surface according to blueprints and drawings
Communicates effectively with others in all phases of work and is safety oriented
Ensures job site remains clean and orderly
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED required
Must have a valid driver’s license
Demonstrates dependability, accountability and initiative
Knowledge of basic tools i.e. ability to read and use a tape measurer
A year of experience in the field is preferred, but not required Physical Demands:
Requires strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, working on hands/knees, pushing, or pulling objects and being in dusty conditions is common Conditions of employment:
Must be able to pass background and pre-employment drug test Please email a resume to the following contact: H.J. Martin & Son, Inc. HRemail@example.com 320 S. Military Ave. Green Bay, WI 54303 Apply Here! H. J. Martin & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.
Acoustical Ceiling Sales
We are currently seeking to hire an Acoustical Ceiling Sales to join our team! You will be responsible for overseeing and developing a sales team to drive company revenue.
- Oversee and coordinate the sales team activities
- Establish sales territories, quotas, and goals for the sales team
- Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement
- Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting
- Report on team and individual performance
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or related field
- Experience as a supervisor or manager
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to build rapport with clients
Acoustical Research Positions
Acoustiblok Inc., a NASA “spin-off“ listed company, has full time acoustical research positions (including intern) open in Tampa Fla.
We work primarily in the industrial and commercial noise attenuation fields both national and international. The market is virtually unlimited both in the US and overseas. As noise pollution is affecting people everywhere, people are no longer willing to put up with it and stringent noise abatement laws are becoming prevalent. We troubleshoot noise issues and devise solutions that often require engineering a new type of silencer or type of construction and then manufacturing such in-house. No two jobs are ever the same. There is a lot of room for creative design work and testing. We install nothing but we do engineer the product and solution to resolve the problem along with recommended installation methods. As we are a small company (under one hundred people), there is much room for advancement within the company. We work with top-of-the-line test equipment such as Norsonic, CADNA-A acoustical prediction software and state-of-the-art ARTVIS (acoustical real-time visual imaging system) which through a complex software and dish array allows you to actually see sound and its reflections. Vibration is also an area we deal with. (Acoustiblok.com)
Another area we do research and design with, Aerogel, is considered one of if not the most advanced insulation materials known. Many times we are faced with high temperature acoustical attenuation problems. Combining Aerogel and Acoustiblok opens the door for many more solutions. (Thermablok.com)
If you are looking for a place to be creative, increase your talent and knowledge, with long-term employment, we may be the company for you.
Estimator/Contractor - Acoustical Ceilings
SKINNER INTERIOR SYSTEMS, INC. is actively searching for Estimator/Project Manager to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona. Our corporation is well established and respected in commercial market.
Since 1993, the staff of Skinner Interior Systems, Inc. is one of the leading specialty contractors in Arizona and has consistently satisfied general contractors, building owners and architects, by achieving quality results in commercial acoustical ceilings and wall panel installations.
WAGES: OPEN- WILL BE DETERMINED – COMPETITIVE
- BENEFITS: MEDICAL INSURANCE
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- LIFE INSURANCE
- DIRECT DEPOSIT
THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF BIDDING FOR ACOUSTICAL CEILING SCOPES OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DUTIES: DAILY DUTIES:
1. Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
2. Bidding Acoustical Services and Products, including monitoring market and technical trends.
3. Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
4. Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices information.
5. Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
6. Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
7. Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
8. Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
9. Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
10. Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
11. Managing and coordinating current projects by documenting and interacting with other departments and clients for proper progress of jobs.
12. Reviewing and monitoring construction documents and contracts before, during, and a completion of a project.
13. Performing other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
14. Managing job costs to include pricing and cost updating of changes of active jobs and forecasting remaining job costs of active jobs.
15. Setting up projects through the incorporation of all pertinent data needed for completion of a project.
16. Oversight and management of construction projects in regards to scheduling, manpower, tools and material, and subcontractors.
17. Managing the project budget and financial reporting.
18. Coordinating billings, including change orders and related items.
19. Setting up jobsite project and accounting files.
20. Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
21. Coordinating material purchases and deliveries.
22. Leadership and supervision of project team members.
23. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Full Time Employment).
2. Minimum 1year completed in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Intern Employment).
3. At least Two years’ experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
4. Excellent working knowledge of Plexxis, On-Screen Takeoff, Excel, and Word software.
5. Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team members.
6. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
7. Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
8. Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Ability to read and interpret contract documents, drawings, schedules, and specifications.
10. Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
11. Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
12. Strong leadership and management abilities.
13. Knowledge of construction budgets, scheduling and estimating.
14. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
Engineer, Acoustical I - Acoustic Testing Engineer
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation s security. ManTech is seeking an ENGINEER, ACOUSTICAL I - Acoustic Testing Engineer for our operations in West Palm Beach, FL & Andros Islands, FL.
Education and General Professional Experience: Bachelor's level degree in a technical field with three (3) years professional experience in SONAR, ship's acoustics, signal processing, or ship's noise measurement systems. A Secret security clearance is required.
Specialized Experience: A total of three (3) years of specialized experience in three (3) of the following five (5) areas is required (qualifying experience consists of one (1) year or more in any single area): a. Conduct of acoustic trials/measurements/tests. b.
Use of automated /computer-controlled systems for acquiring and processing acoustic data. c. Knowledge of narrowband, 1/3 octave, octave, strip chart, and LOFAR data presentation. d. Familiarity with electronics systems /systems maintenance. e.
Preparation of technical documentation. The professional and specialized experience requirements above may have been acquired simultaneously.
Qualifications Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience See Qualifications
Position Type Full-Time
Overview ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers.
As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000.
ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms.
We pay no fees for unsolicited services. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Acoustical Design And Test Engineer
Our client, located near Framingham, MA is seeking a hands-on Acoustical Design and Test Engineer with a focus on noise and vibration control.
Responsible for in-house testing, analysis, field-based acoustical surveys, and recommending solutions for customers as well as new product development ideas. Maintain engineering test database, product documentation and technical data sheets.
Work with the sales department and customers on vibration, acoustic and thermal control projects and needs. Keep the company's product line current with regulatory and safety approvals.
Must have solid experience working with testing and measurement equipment to solve acoustic and vibration issues. Experience with transfer path analysis, beam forming, selective sound Intensity is required.
Experience with material modeling and application simulation tools is required. RoKCell, Alphacel and Abaqus experience is a plus. Must have strong knowledge of industrial noise, vibration and thermal control products and applications; mathematical software simulation tools for modeling of raw materials and be familiar with CAD systems.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Master's degree is preferred. A minimum of three years of experience in the acoustic noise and vibration control industry and the ability to coach and mentor junior staff is required.
Highly competitive salary and benefits package. No relocation.
Must live within commute distance of Framingham, MA area. Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship of any kind now and in the future.
Please email your resume. Candidates are never charged a fee and all resumes are kept in confidence.
Construction Workers - Framers, Hangers, Finishers, Acoustical Ceiling
Construction workers needed immediately for metal stud framing, hanging drywall, acoustical ceiling installations. Valid drivers license and transportation required. Background check before hire.
Acoustical Tile Installation Mechanic
Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile in the interiors of buildings. Apply wall angle/channel to the interior walls of buildings. Materials may be of decorative quality. Includes wires that fasten to buildings structure that provides support for the acoustical ceiling grid.
- Read and understand project blueprints.
- Inspects drywall partitions, mechanical mountings, and masonry surface for plumb and level, using a laser or water level.
- Hang or mechanically fasten support wires for acoustical ceiling grid from building structure.
- Hangs dry lines to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- Nails or screws molding to wall to support and seals joint between ceiling tile and wall.
- Scribes and cuts edges of tile to fit wall where wall molding is not specified.
- Measures and marks surface to lay out work according to blueprints and drawings.
- Install acoustical ceiling main runners and cross runners.
- Cuts tiles for fixture and borders, using keyhole saw, and inserts tiles into supporting framework.
Drivers License is required.
Experienced Acoustical Ceiling Estimator
Clunn Acoustical Systems (CAS) is looking for a highly motivated Commercial Construction Estimator to join our team. Founded in 1984, Clunn Acoustical Systems is a family owned and operated company located outside Tomball.
We have worked diligently through the years to build strong relationships with all we encounter by embracing the fundamental tenets of the golden rule: integrity, professionalism & teamwork. We have built a solid reputation by providing exceptional service, honesty, and quality for more than 30 years. Description The Estimator must be proficient in estimating commercial projects, negotiating with contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers, budgeting the projects, establishing relationships, and working closely with project managers and owners.
The Estimator will prepare estimates and written specifications for acoustical and/or specialty ceiling projects, along with demountable walls and subflooring. Duties & Responsibilities Review incoming bids. Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location and other factors to ensure a high quality and timely estimate.
Review drawings, specifications and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include final project estimate.
Review take off quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates. Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid and the ability to work on multiple estimates simultaneously.
Ability to provide valued input, feedback and creative solutions during pre-construction efforts to help steer cost certainty during the early stages of project program development. Ability to create accurate conceptual budgets as well as detailed final construction document in competitive bid deliveries. Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate.
Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior management to ensure accuracy and completeness. Communicate with owners, subcontractors, public and private entities to ensure competitiveness. Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of scope of job and critical means and methods of construction.
Participate in and/ or lead design/ build pre-construction services to ensure a high quality, competitive estimates and schedules. Participate in and/ or lead means and method discussions, being the catalyst to drive creative thinking and innovative ideas that distinguishes a successful estimate. Knowledge of building construction, materials and methods Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction Ability to do a detailed material take-off Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Proficiency with all MS Office Products (outlook, word, excel, PP, MS Project, etc.) PlanGrid, BlueBeam, OST, and QuickBid software Knowledge of construction principals and equipment capabilities Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Must be a team player Keen attention to details Highly motivated and driven Qualifications & Experience Bachelors Degree Engineering, Construction Management or similar degree, or equivalent technical training and/or work experience Preferred experience in Drywall/Acoustical Estimating/Project Management and/or equivalent field work experience Insurance and Benefit Package includes Quality Healthcare, vision, and dental packages Vacation 401k Paid sick days Competitive Base Salary and Performance Based Bonus Salary $46,000 - $90,000 Depending on experience Career Level Required Experienced (Non-Manager) Experience Required 3 Years Job Status Full Time
Job Description: Primary Responsibility Bose Professional Systems Division is passionate about providing world class sound quality for our customers.
We are growing and seeking an energetic, hands-on acoustic engineer. You will work closely with interdisciplinary development teams, taking an active role to design state of the art loudspeakers and systems for commercial, portable and installed sound markets. Translate product requirements into acoustic design options State of the art modeling and analysis of complete loudspeaker assemblies, including but not limited to transducers, phase plugs, waveguides, loudspeaker arrays, and modeling of loudspeaker systems in rooms.
Prototype and validate solutions; this includes devising and executing measurements and critical listening on physical prototypes. Closely collaborate with interdisciplinary team leads including, research engineers, mechanical, project engineers, program managers, etc. Analyze results and make sound decisions based on data and critical listening experiments Assist in the creation and execution of advanced development work needed before a proposed solution proceeds into development.
This may include working with a team of experts in various domains, such as mechanical, electrical, research, or manufacturing. Develop production ready designs and maintain highest performance throughout the development cycle Design for manufacturability, support manufacturing startup and continuous engineering. Provide input to development schedules, milestones, and budgets.
Skills: Strong understanding of loudspeaker design Proven track record of designing high quality audio products Methodical and scientific approach to technical problem solving Experience tuning signal processing to optimize system audio performance Experience in transducer design Fluent in at least one acoustic computer modeling tool (e.g. Pspice, FEA, WinISD, etc.) Fluent in at least one computer based acoustic measurement system (Audio Precision, MLSSA, Smaart, etc.) Familiar with Matlab Excellent verbal & written communication skills, comfortable with reading and writing detailed technical specifications Passion for sound quality and experience with critical listening Musician or sound contractor Knowledge of electronic amplifier design, behavior and constraints. Experience in working with off-shore manufacturing & vendors Non-linear modeling, measurement and analysis Experience in program management (MS Project, etc.) 3 years of direct product development experience Education:
B.Sc. in an appropriate technical discipline (EE, ME or Physics.) M.Sc. preferred. Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeingbose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. SDL2017
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!