Acoustical Carpenter Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acoustical Carpenter
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile in the interiors of buildings. Apply wall angle/channel to the interior walls of buildings. Materials may be of decorative quality. Includes wires that fasten to buildings structure that provides support for the acoustical ceiling grid.
- Read and understand project blueprints.
- Inspects drywall partitions, mechanical mountings, and masonry surface for plumb and level, using a laser or water level.
- Hang or mechanically fasten support wires for acoustical ceiling grid from building structure.
- Hangs dry lines (stretched string) to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- Nails or screws molding to wall to support and seals joint between ceiling tile and wall.
- Scribes and cuts edges of tile to fit wall where wall molding is not specified.
- Measures and marks surface to lay out work according to blueprints and drawings.
- Install acoustical ceiling main runners and cross runners.
- Cuts tiles for fixture and borders, using keyhole saw, and inserts tiles into supporting framework.
- Ability to install all aspects of acoustical ceilings from start to finish
- Focus on corporate, institutional, government, medical and hospitality industries
- Must be able to work individually and as a team player
- Valid Driver’s License
- Dependable transportation to and from the jobsite
Suspended Acoustical Ceilings- Commercial, Educational, Institutional and Industrial applications.
Partitions- Demountables, Drywall, Whisper Walls, Prepanelized and Modular systems.
Flooring- Carpet, Resilient, Ceramic, Stone, Sheet Goods, and Wood.
Access Flooring Systems- Building Platform Technologies and Raised Computer Flooring.
Specialty Systems- Clean Rooms, Hospital Walls, and Folding Walls and Partitions.
For more information please visit our website at http://www.acousti.com
Sales Representative - Drywall / Acoustical Ceiling Material
seeking motivated individual to sell drywall and acoustical ceiling materials in the Atlanta market to commercial and residential contractor customers. Must have at least 5 years experience drywall sales in the Atlanta area market.
Acoustical Ceiling Installer - 9541359
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
Must have own hand tools.
Must have positive attitude with a go getter mentality.
- High school or equivalent
- Acoustical Ceiling: 2 years
- Drivers license
Acoustical Ceiling Grid - Wall Panel Installer
Taylor Enterprises of Louisiana is looking for experienced metal stud / drywall / ACT mechanics. Must have tools, transportation, and be reliable. Starting 18-20$ / hr based on experience. Please copy the link to fill out an application online http://telaconstruction.com/7.html and follow the instructions on the Employment Page. Thank you in advance.
Estimator/Contractor - Acoustical Ceilings
SKINNER INTERIOR SYSTEMS, INC. is actively searching for Estimator/Project Manager to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona. Our corporation is well established and respected in commercial market.
Since 1993, the staff of Skinner Interior Systems, Inc. is one of the leading specialty contractors in Arizona and has consistently satisfied general contractors, building owners and architects, by achieving quality results in commercial acoustical ceilings and wall panel installations.
WAGES: OPEN- WILL BE DETERMINED – COMPETITIVE
- BENEFITS: MEDICAL INSURANCE
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- LIFE INSURANCE
- DIRECT DEPOSIT
THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF BIDDING FOR ACOUSTICAL CEILING SCOPES OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DUTIES: DAILY DUTIES:
1. Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
2. Bidding Acoustical Services and Products, including monitoring market and technical trends.
3. Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
4. Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices information.
5. Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
6. Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
7. Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
8. Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
9. Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
10. Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
11. Managing and coordinating current projects by documenting and interacting with other departments and clients for proper progress of jobs.
12. Reviewing and monitoring construction documents and contracts before, during, and a completion of a project.
13. Performing other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
14. Managing job costs to include pricing and cost updating of changes of active jobs and forecasting remaining job costs of active jobs.
15. Setting up projects through the incorporation of all pertinent data needed for completion of a project.
16. Oversight and management of construction projects in regards to scheduling, manpower, tools and material, and subcontractors.
17. Managing the project budget and financial reporting.
18. Coordinating billings, including change orders and related items.
19. Setting up jobsite project and accounting files.
20. Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
21. Coordinating material purchases and deliveries.
22. Leadership and supervision of project team members.
23. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Full Time Employment).
2. Minimum 1year completed in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Intern Employment).
3. At least Two years’ experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
4. Excellent working knowledge of Plexxis, On-Screen Takeoff, Excel, and Word software.
5. Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team members.
6. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
7. Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
8. Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Ability to read and interpret contract documents, drawings, schedules, and specifications.
10. Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
11. Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
12. Strong leadership and management abilities.
13. Knowledge of construction budgets, scheduling and estimating.
14. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
New Commercial Construction Project in Davenport and Orlando, FL area will need experienced Acoustic Ceiling Installers.
Framing and hanging acoustical ceiling tiles.
Will need full set of power tools and hand tools.
- Full-time work
- Health benefits now available
- Top Pay!
- Start ASAP
- Direct Deposit and Weekly Pay
- Long term Opportunity to present skills to area contractor
Engineer, Acoustical I - Acoustic Testing Engineer
Req ID 88611BR Business Title ENGINEER, ACOUSTICAL I - Acoustic Testing Engineer Group MSS Location USA FLORIDA Jupiter Clearance Level Needed Secret Category Engineering & Support Services Job Duties and Responsibilities ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation’s security. ManTech is seeking an ENGINEER, ACOUSTICAL I - Acoustic Testing Engineer for our operations in West Palm Beach, FL & Andros Islands, FL.
Education and General Professional Experience: Bachelor's level degree in a technical field with three (3) years professional experience in SONAR, ship's acoustics, signal processing, or ship's noise measurement systems. A Secret security clearance is required.
Specialized Experience: A total of three (3) years of specialized experience in three (3) of the following five (5) areas is required (qualifying experience consists of one (1) year or more in any single area): a. Conduct of acoustic trials/measurements/tests. b.
Use of automated /computer-controlled systems for acquiring and processing acoustic data. c. Knowledge of narrowband, 1/3 octave, octave, strip chart, and LOFAR data presentation. d. Familiarity with electronics systems /systems maintenance. e.
Preparation of technical documentation. The professional and specialized experience requirements above may have been acquired simultaneously. Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education Bachelor's Degree Years of Experience See Qualifications Position Type Full-Time Shift Day Overview ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions.
Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies. - provided by Dice Acoustic, Acoustical, Automated, Security, Testing
Post a Job
Acoustical & Commercial Outside Sales Representative- Columbus, OH
IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers as well as the opportunity for development and advancement. We are all bound by a commitment to a shared pursuit of goals and providing the highest quality service within our industry. IDI offers a competitive base salary with the ability to earn six figures through an uncapped commission plan. We reward success! We have a great benefits package and also provide an iPad and iPhone. IDI is a big company with a small company environment and culture. IDI provides sales representatives with a very generous car allowance and reimbursement for gas cost as well as meals and entertainment with customers.
Acoustical & Commercial Outside Sales Representative Job DescriptionInsulation Distributors, Inc. is seeking an Acoustical & Commercial Outside Sales Representative with a background in outside sales, B2B sales, and new business development to join the IDI team. This position is responsible for identifying acoustical ceiling product customers while building and maintaining a mutually beneficial business relationship with them. As an Acoustical and Commercial Outside Sales Representative for Insulation Distributors you will be responsible to:
Identify and contact prospective customers
Build and maintain a business relationship through customer service practices
Communicate with architects, specifiers, and general contractors
Proactively mine a construction lead database
Orient customers of new products, pricing and available trainings
Follow-up with customers to identify future needs
Serve as a liaison between Corporate Departments and IDI's Customers
Job Qualifications * Proven results in B2B sales of acoustical ceiling products and related accessories and/or building materials
Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel
Experience with Microsoft CRM software a plus
Strategic planning, sales management, negotiation and vendor management experience
Marketing experience a plus * 75% travel requirement Education and/or Experience * College degree preferred or equivalent education and experience * 3-5+ years experience in outside sales, preferably in building materials industryWhy IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.Department: Sales Location: Columbus, OH, USA Employment Type: Full Time Pay Type: Base + Commission Pay Rate: Negotiable
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
Acoustical Ceiling Installer View All Jobs Posted on September 28, 2016 Scheduled hours: Varies Direct supervisor:
Crew Manager Status: Non-exempt Location: Wisconsin Company Description:
HJ Martin is a diversified construction company specializing in commercial & residential flooring, glass & glazing, walls & ceilings, commercial doors & hardware, and millwork & fixture installation. Duties Include, but are not limited to: + Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile + Measure and mark the surface according to blueprints and drawings + Communicates effectively with others in all phases of work and is safety oriented + Ensures job site remains clean and orderly + Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned Job Requirements: + High School diploma or GED required + Must have a valid driver’s license + Demonstrates dependability, accountability and initiative + Knowledge of basic tools i.e. ability to read and use a tape measurer + A year of experience in the field is preferred, but not required Physical Demands: + Requires strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, working on hands/knees, pushing, or pulling objects and being in dusty conditions is common Conditions of employment: + Must be able to pass background and pre-employment drug test Please email a resume to the following contact: H.J.
Martin & Son, Inc.
HRfirstname.lastname@example.org 320 S. Military Ave. Green Bay, WI 54303 Apply Here!
Martin & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran.
Post a Job
BUILD A SUCCESSFUL CAREER AT RK&K Ranked 76th on ENR's 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project.
Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received numerous recognitions for its exceptional and unique workplace culture. Responsive People | Creative Solutions. Become part of our team - RK&K offers a challenging environment for professionals seeking success.
We have exciting opportunities for energetic and aspiring professionals to become part of our team that offer planning and design opportunities for a wide variety of projects throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware, Florida, and Texas. Location: To Be Determined Department / Division: Transportation / Planning ACOUSTICAL ENGINEER RK&K is a 1,200 person multi-disciplinary consulting firm headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland.
The firm has been operating throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern regions of the United States since its inception in 1923, providing services to a wide array of local, state, federal, and private sector clients. The firm employs a well-diversified staff of engineers, designers, planners, scientists, environmental specialists, surveyors, CADD designers, construction managers/inspectors, support and field staff. RK&K's expertise is in transportation, traffic, transit/rail, structural, geotechnical, environmental, and water resources engineering; natural gas, petroleum and pipeline engineering; planning and cultural resources; construction management and inspection; hazardous waste; energy management; land and site development; natural resources; GIS, computer programming and graphic design; and surveys.
RK&K is searching for a mid- to senior-level Acoustical Engineer. The primary responsibilities will be to perform noise impact assessment, abatement design and optimization, and reporting according to the requirements of the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA), Federal regulations, and States' policies. The types of projects include Federal-aid, State-funded, and municipal highway and railway projects.
Daily activities include obtaining and evaluating noise monitoring data, creating computer models, assessing traffic noise impacts, designing and/or optimizing sound barriers, checking project plans and quantities, and report writing. Qualified applicants must have applied acoustical theory and/or design experience, and must have strong mathematics and writing skills. Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Acoustics / Acoustical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Engineering Science, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics 5 years related experience (including post-graduate study) Experience obtaining and analyzing sound level data, and acquiring sound recordings Proficiency with FHWA Traffic Noise Model (FHWA TNM v2.5), preferably with formal training Experience with engineering drawing software (Microstation, Geopak, AutoCAD, etc.), ArcGIS, and Microsoft® Office applications Engineering design experience, preferably transportation-related Excellent mathematics, and written and oral communication skills Ability to collaborate as part of internal multidisciplinary design teams, and engage directly to maintain and build long-standing client relationships Requires occasional travel We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent fringe benefits package including: a 401(k) Plan with strong company match; Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Paid Vacation; Tuition Reimbursement; and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply. The Baltimore Sun . Keywords:
Acoustical Engineer, Location: Baltimore, MD - 21201
Post a Job