Acoustical Carpenter Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Acoustical Carpenter
Acoustic Ceiling Mechanic #9381340
Must be Apply plasterboard or other wallboard to ceilings or interior walls of buildings. Apply or mount acoustical tiles or blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound. Materials may be of decorative quality. Includes lathers who fasten wooden, metal, or rockboard lath to walls, ceilings or partitions of buildings to provide support base for plaster, fire-proofing, or acoustical material.
- Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile
- Measure and mark the surface according to blueprints and drawings
- Communicates effectively with others in all phases of work and is safety oriented
- Ensures job site remains clean and orderly
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrates dependability, accountability and initiative
- Knowledge of basic tools i.e. ability to read and use a tape measurer
- A year of experience in the field is preferred, but not required
- Requires strenuous physical work including heavy lifting, working on hands/knees, pushing, or pulling objects and being in dusty conditions is common
- Must be able to pass background and pre-employment drug test
Acoustical Consultant / Engineer
A3 Acoustics (www.a3acoustics.com) is actively seeking an Acoustical Consultant / Engineer to join our team! We are a Seattle based acoustical consulting firm that specializes in the design of architectural and engineering acoustics for the built environment.
Essential qualifications for this position:
• Self-Motivation. A successful consultant will actively seek growth, advancement, and new learning opportunities.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working as an acoustical consultant.
• BS or higher degree in acoustical, mechanical or architectural engineering.
• Highly-organized, with ability to simultaneously track multiple projects and deliverables from generation to completion.
• Experience with project management and client relationship management considered a plus.
This position has the potential for rapid advancement based on motivation, performance, and professional development.
A3 Acoustics is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Acoustical Ceiling Grid - Wall Panel Installer
Taylor Enterprises of Louisiana is looking for experienced metal stud / drywall / ACT mechanics. Must have tools, transportation, and be reliable. Starting 18-20$ / hr based on experience. Please copy the link to fill out an application online http://telaconstruction.com/7.html and follow the instructions on the Employment Page. Thank you in advance.
Estimator/Contractor - Acoustical Ceilings
SKINNER INTERIOR SYSTEMS, INC. is actively searching for Estimator/Project Manager to join our team in Phoenix, Arizona. Our corporation is well established and respected in commercial market.
Since 1993, the staff of Skinner Interior Systems, Inc. is one of the leading specialty contractors in Arizona and has consistently satisfied general contractors, building owners and architects, by achieving quality results in commercial acoustical ceilings and wall panel installations.
WAGES: OPEN- WILL BE DETERMINED – COMPETITIVE
- BENEFITS: MEDICAL INSURANCE
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- LIFE INSURANCE
- DIRECT DEPOSIT
THIS INDIVIDUAL WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF BIDDING FOR ACOUSTICAL CEILING SCOPES OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING DUTIES: DAILY DUTIES:
1. Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid, design-build and conceptual estimating.
2. Bidding Acoustical Services and Products, including monitoring market and technical trends.
3. Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications & addenda).
4. Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices information.
5. Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and suppliers.
6. Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing information.
7. Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions, general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
8. Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for submittal.
9. Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
10. Assists staff members with various special projects related to estimating.
11. Managing and coordinating current projects by documenting and interacting with other departments and clients for proper progress of jobs.
12. Reviewing and monitoring construction documents and contracts before, during, and a completion of a project.
13. Performing other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
14. Managing job costs to include pricing and cost updating of changes of active jobs and forecasting remaining job costs of active jobs.
15. Setting up projects through the incorporation of all pertinent data needed for completion of a project.
16. Oversight and management of construction projects in regards to scheduling, manpower, tools and material, and subcontractors.
17. Managing the project budget and financial reporting.
18. Coordinating billings, including change orders and related items.
19. Setting up jobsite project and accounting files.
20. Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
21. Coordinating material purchases and deliveries.
22. Leadership and supervision of project team members.
23. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Full Time Employment).
2. Minimum 1year completed in engineering or construction related field or equivalent (Intern Employment).
3. At least Two years’ experience in estimating commercial construction projects, demonstrating competence in hard-bid, design-build, and conceptual estimating.
4. Excellent working knowledge of Plexxis, On-Screen Takeoff, Excel, and Word software.
5. Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and coordinate team members.
6. Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
7. Ability to operate office equipment, computer, printer, phone, copier, fax, etc.
8. Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Ability to read and interpret contract documents, drawings, schedules, and specifications.
10. Excellent knowledge of construction practices, methods, trends and crew data.
11. Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently and accurately.
12. Strong leadership and management abilities.
13. Knowledge of construction budgets, scheduling and estimating.
14. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
Audio And Acoustic Applications Engineer
We are looking for an articulate, highly motivated and technically skilled Audio and Acoustics Applications Engineer to join our Acoustic Systems group. You will support innovative, performance-leading audio processing ICs and work closely with internal engineering groups and external customers to integrate our products into systems level designs at leading consumer electronics manufacturers. You will also influence product direction by helping us define next generation products.
- Travel approximately 1 week per quarter domestically and abroad to provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms, write application notes, white papers, and reference design manuals
- Complete customer application-focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Assist with product definition of next-generation audio and acoustic processing solutions including contributing to feature requirements for hardware and software
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar with 5+ years of experience in supporting voice and/or audio applications
- Experience in low power, mixed signal circuit and PCB design for audio applications
- Proficient in digital filter design and related signal processing techniques
- Strong hands-on experience conducting audio measurement and analysis using tools such as: oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers and audio precision
- Knowledge of mixed signal audio building blocks including ADC, DAC, PLLs, Amplifiers, DSPs
- Knowledge of IC control through I2C/SPI/UART/USB
- Fast learner, self-starter and highly motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive experience programming in MATLAB and Labview
- Experience with FPGA programming, simulation and testing
- Semiconductor engineering experience, especially in an audio applications or systems role
- Prior experience with complex DSP audio applications such as noise suppression, echo cancellation, or adaptive beamforming
- Experience in acoustic test and measurement utilizing anechoic chambers and head and torso simulators
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.Post a Job
Acoustical Ceiling Installers / Construction
Experienced Metal Stud Framers
Acoustical Ceiling Mechanic
Install acoustical ceiling grid and tile in the interiors of buildings. Apply wall angle/channel to the interior walls of buildings. Materials may be of decorative quality. Includes wires that fasten to buildings structure that provides support for the acoustical ceiling grid.
- Read and understand project blueprints.
- Inspects drywall partitions, mechanical mountings, and masonry surface for plumb and level, using a laser or water level.
- Hang or mechanically fasten support wires for acoustical ceiling grid from building structure.
- Hangs dry lines (stretched string) to wall molding to guide positioning of main runners.
- Nails or screws molding to wall to support and seals joint between ceiling tile and wall.
- Scribes and cuts edges of tile to fit wall where wall molding is not specified.
- Measures and marks surface to lay out work according to blueprints and drawings.
- Install acoustical ceiling main runners and cross runners.
- Cuts tiles for fixture and borders, using keyhole saw, and inserts tiles into supporting framework.
- Ability to install all aspects of acoustical ceilings from start to finish
- Focus on corporate, institutional, government, medical and hospitality industries
- Must be able to work individually and as a team player
- Valid Driver’s License
- Dependable transportation to and from the jobsite
Suspended Acoustical Ceilings- Commercial, Educational, Institutional and Industrial applications.
Partitions- Demountables, Drywall, Whisper Walls, Prepanelized and Modular systems.
Flooring- Carpet, Resilient, Ceramic, Stone, Sheet Goods, and Wood.
Access Flooring Systems- Building Platform Technologies and Raised Computer Flooring.
Specialty Systems- Clean Rooms, Hospital Walls, and Folding Walls and Partitions.
For more information please visit our website at http://www.acousti.com
Sales Representative - Drywall / Acoustical Ceiling Material
seeking motivated individual to sell drywall and acoustical ceiling materials in the Atlanta market to commercial and residential contractor customers. Must have at least 5 years experience drywall sales in the Atlanta area market.
Acoustical Ceiling Installer
Acoustical Ceiling Installer (Albuquerque) Mounting acoustical tiles or blocks, strips, or sheets of shock-absorbing materials to ceilings and walls of buildings to reduce or reflect sound; including fastening wooden, metal, or rock board lath to walls, ceilings or partitions of buildings to provide support base for plaster, fire-proofing, or acoustical material.
Looking for Acoustical ceiling Installer
Job Responsibilities and Skill:
* 3-5 years recent commercial experience
* Acoustical Ceiling Installation
* Ability to understand layout and take direction
* Basic hand tools
* Reliable transportation
working on heights, latter's, scaffolding
The Acoustic Engineer performs acoustic tests and tasks for different products within the different product groups. He/she ensures conformity with the M+H technical standards and the customer requirements.
- Support design teams in the technical development of Air Induction System acoustic products.
- Analyze customer inputs for design teams in order to optimize concepts for Acoustic solutions without degrading the mechanical structure, flow dynamics, and thermodynamics.
- Perform Acoustic analyses on engineering proposals and designs to determine feasibility based on packaging and manufacturing constraints as well as customer requirements.
- Correlate test results with Acoustic / FEA analysis to improve accuracy and present within proposed timing.
- Perform research to develop new Acoustic related processes or to improve correlation.
- Establish efficient and organized project documentation per departmental guideline.
- Create presentations and reports for concept, product development, or product optimization.
- Provides technical expertise at design review meetings and Customer Tech Reviews as requested by lead designers.
- Maintain lab schedules and capacity for Acoustic resource; manage outsourcing work packages
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep current on technological changes and developments in the industry.
- Maintains close, on-going relationships with key customers' engineering teams to understand future products and technology plans.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record to ensure timely work completion.
- Performs all activities in a professional and positive manner.
- Must have knowledge of and adhere to the current Quality System requirements that relate to this position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 2 years of acoustic analysis and simulation experience in the field of air induction systems and powertrain applications.
- Minimum of two years of experience in problem solving with CAE and Acoustic Testing software in air induction systems or powertrain applications. These include ABAQUS, ANSA, GT-Power, Müller-BBM PAK, Head Acoustics Artemis, LMS Test.Lab Acoustics, CATIA, and Unigraphics.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must complete New Employee Orientation, Team Problem Solving and Quality Systems Overview training in addition to any training identified by department management.