Activity Aide Job Description Sample
Camillus Ridge is looking to hire a part time activity aide to join our activities department. This person will be supervised and work directly under the Activity Director and be responsible for setting up and leading scheduled activities. Ideal applicant must be mature, creative, energetic, bubbly, patient, able to think outside the box, reliable, love working with the elderly, and engaging. Camillus Ridge offers a full slate of activities through out the week, this position will work every other weekend and some weekdays. Must be physically fit and able to perform light lifting.
Be apart of The ALL STAR TEAM! *Avantara Park Ridge is currently hiring*
In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the residents we serve, the Activity Aide is responsible for creating and implementing stimulating programs that meet the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of the residents.
- Starting pay is $12.00
- Benefits Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance
- Avantara Park Ridge holds 5 STAR standard for 2 years
- Named in US News & World Report as one of the Best Healthcare Facilities
- Opportunity for career advancement within Legacy Healthcare
- High demand, job security and FLEXABILITY
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE in our community and lives of others.
- Walking distance from public transportation
Candidates should possess an upbeat prospective that continually sees the bright side of things.
Combining the most advanced rehabilitation therapies with a peaceful, healing environment that includes spacious rooms, thoughtful amenities and the ambiance of a sophisticated boutique hotel, Avantara Park Ridge provides the ideal atmosphere to help you recover your strength and independence.
Activity Aide (24-30 Hrs A Week) – Baraboo, WI
Oak Park Place is hiring! This is an exciting opportunity with a growing Assisted Living and Memory Care Center. As a smaller company, we cater to our resident’s needs, and take pride in providing an employee friendly work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
· Plan, organize, direct, and participate in treatment programs and activities to facilitate patients' rehabilitation and help them integrate into the community
· Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, and games
· Assess the needs and interests of individuals and groups and plan activities accordingly
· Assist with patient care when requested
· High School Diploma or GED
· Previous experience preferred but willing to train the right individual
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive benefit package - health, dental and vision
· Company-paid LTD, AD&D and life insurance
· Great vacation package
Enjoy the perks of being a team member in an environment that treasures the many gifts and talents of our residents and staff!
To learn more about Oak Park Place or view our current openings visit our website at: www.oakparkplace.com.
Full Time activities aide position open in the Life Enrichment Department at Skilled nursing home facility. Position is Tuesdays through Saturdays 7:45-4:30 with one evening shift on Fridays 12:30-8pm.
This job requires you to be an energetic, positive and creative person with a desire to work with the elderly population. This associate will support and assist the Life Enrichment Director and team with planning and implementing activities, have the ability to assess the residents’ needs, interests and functional levels. You will be expected to set up and conduct group activities, get residents to and from scheduled events, and provide assistance as needed for wide range of abilities.
Other responsibilities include answering call lights when needed, supervising residents to smoke 2 to 3 x a week, and driving passenger van to transport residents on community outings.
Please be able to initiate and work alone or cooperate and work with a team. CNA license a plus. We will train the right candidate. Please send your resume for consideration!
Part-Time Activity Aide
Symphony of Chesterton is part of the Symphony Post Acute Network, one of the country’s leading innovators in the delivery of post-acute care and management services. We are a family-oriented operation that takes a uniquely personal approach to delivering quality outcomes for the patients in our care.
The Activity Assistant will:
- Assist our residents’ with activities to provide social communication, entertainment, exercise and relaxation for our residents.
- Lead group and individual resident activities
- Complete required record keeping per facility policy
- Ability to plan, organize, and lead activities
- Promote and facilitate team work
- Demonstrate a high standard of ethics
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- 1 + years’ experience in a social or recreational program in a healthcare setting
- Ability to work every other weekend as well as some holidays
- Opportunity for advancement within the facility and also at other member facilities of the Symphony Post Acute Network (www.symphonypan.com).
- Competitive benefit and paid time off package with the option to opt out of benefit package to take a permanent higher rate of pay
- Dental and vision benefits available (Health for full-time employees)
- 401k match and voluntary benefit programs
- Company paid life insurance for all full-time employees
Symphony of Chesterton - 2775 Village Point, Chesterton, IN 46304
Activity Aide / Assistant
NOTE: Candidates for this position must be C.N.A certified (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Invite residents to attend, escort and transport residents to activities as needed or requested by the residents.
- Reach residents on an individual level in order to motivate them to attend and participate in facility recreational activities.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of material and supplies needed for the days programs.
- Contacting and familiarizing new residents with the activity program opportunities available.
- Work with Nursing Assistants in assisting in the dining room during breakfast and lunch times.
- Ensure the safety of the residents using:
- Proper transfer techniques, transporting resident, use of restraints, special diets, serving refreshments safely and reporting of noteworthy conditions or situations.
- Assist at meal times – transporting, feeding, transferring, passing trays and removal of trays.
- Observe resident’s privacy, dignity and comfort.
- Maintain all equipment; ensure all equipment is properly labeled. (ie., wheel chairs, walkers)
- Ensure that State, Federal and JCAHO standards are maintained to ensure quality service and resident care.
- Will be required to complete some C.N.A duties from time to time.
Shift looking to fill works full time 12pm-8pm.
Ideally located and we offer excellent benefits in a progressive environment.
The Lexington of Bloomingdale located at 165 S. Bloomingdale Road is seeking a full-time Activity Aide.
Noon to 7pm
Activity Aides assist in implementing an ongoing program of activities that are designed to meet the interests as well as meeting the physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of each patient or resident.
Some functions of the job include:
- Develop relationships with patients, residents and their families.
- Conduct leisure programs with large groups, small groups and 1:1 visits.
- Provide suggestions for new leisure programs or improvements in current programs based upon the leisure interests of the patients and residents.
- Maintain the records of activity involvement in a timely manner.
- Be an advocate for the patients and residents.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both written and oral
Previous experience as an Activity Aide, highly preferred
Previous work experience in a healthcare setting
The Activity Aide provides therapeutic activities to residents that are designed to meet the interests and to improve the physical, mental and psycho-social well being of each resident, according to the comprehensive resident assessment and plan of care. The Activity Aide carries out individual and group activities that meet the functional levels, needs and interests of each resident. Gathers data from assigned residents to complete and update activities assessments and plans of care. Completes documentation for assigned residents with quality insight, accurate information, and in a timely manner. Seeks and identifies ways to support resident's individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices. Adapts activities to match the cognitive and physical functional levels of the residents through the use of task segmentation, verbal prompts, set-up assistance, physical assists and demonstrations.
Norridge Gardens in Norridge, IL is a 292 bed skilled nursing facility. Norridge Gardens is seeking an Activity Aide. The ideal candidate will have experience in the field or in a related area and must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field. This individual will be responsible for planning social activities and events to promote entertainment and socializing.
Responsibilities of the Activity Aide
- Assist with the planning and implementation of activities for nursing home residents.
- Help design activities to encourage socialization, provide entertainment, relaxation and fulfillment, and improve daily living skills.
- Coordinate events which provide for the social, spiritual, emotional, physical, intellectual and sensory needs of the resident population.
- Responsible for leading group and individual activity programs, as scheduled for the given period.
- Make residents aware of activity or event option, encourage participation and/or facilitate resident opportunities for pursuit of individualized entertainment and social interests that are within the resident’s cognitive and/or physical capabilities.
- Responsible for the care and storage of all materials, supplies and equipment.
Requirements of the Activity Aide
- Experience in the field or in a related area.
- Interaction with the elderly is a plus
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Must have a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Uses judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!