Actor Job Description Sample
Fright Fest Scare Actor
Please join us on September the 8th between 10am-5pm for our Fright Fest Casting Call! Looking for a few ghouls and goblins to scare up a good time! You must apply online and be scheduled for an interview before coming to the event.
Enthusiastically scaring people of all ages in our Haunted House attraction or in one of our outdoor Scare Zones. This will be an exciting and rewarding experience and unlike any other job or performance you have delivered. You are part of an elaborate event designed to alter reality and force customers to face their fears. This requires professionalism, enthusiasm, and awareness.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working in a dark, foggy, loud & confusing atmosphere while preying on people's fears to scare them
Staying in character while scaring and adapting to several different types of people
Assisting with house evacuation if necessary
Greeting guests in a ghoulish manor
Maintain a safe and clean environment for both Guests and Team Members
Pay close attention to detail
Compliance with all personnel policies
Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to stand, stoop, crouch, twist, push, and lift for brief and/or extended periods of time
Must be able to walk comfortably throughout the course of the day over various surfaces
Must be able to work in all weather conditions including exposure to direct sunlight.
Must be able to lift, carry, move, and/or position items weighing up to or in excess of 50 pounds.
Must be able to lift and lower 25 pounds above shoulder level
Must be able to endure working in theater fog for several hours
Must be able to endure working near and around strobe lights for several hours
Park: Frontier City
Fright Fest Scare Actor
Please join us on September the 8th between 10am-5pm for our Fright Fest Casting Call! Looking for a few ghouls and goblins to scare up a good time! You must apply online and be scheduled for an interview before coming to the event.
Summary of Job: You have that sinister growl, the grisly look, and chilling aura. The living hide in fear as you drift past. In other words, you bring the undead to life. When the sun goes down it is your turn to rise and help make this year the biggest and scariest fright fest yet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Comply with all Six Flags policies and procedures
Act & perform in haunted attraction, meet & greet event, and/or street scare zone.
Utilize assigned costumes, makeup, and props as instructed.
Memorize any necessary and/or assigned dialogue, safety spiels, emergency exit plans, safety operating procedures, and park guidelines.
Maintains consistency of performance as directed.
Create and/or impersonate characters and/or personalities.
Comply with venue/ zone and back area safety programs.
Maintains cleanliness of character costume, accessories and assigned area.
Maintain a clean and safe environment for guests and team members
Follow all delegated tasks assigned by Entertainment Management or as stated in the Operations Standard Operating Procedures
Follow all aspects of The Six Flags Mantra: Friendly Clean Fast Safe Service
Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
Must be at least 16 years old
Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time
For safety purposes, the individual must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
Ability to actively communicate with large groups of Guests
Be available to work flexible hours at nights and on weekends within the limits of applicable Federal, State and facility labor laws and guidelines
Skills and Qualifications:
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the resort as a whole.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Interested Candidates should submit an application at sixflagsjobs.com
Or text 'Great Escape' to 26232 for more information
Six Flags is a Smoke and Drug Free Equal Opportunity Employer
Park: The Great Escape
Standardized Patient/Patient Actor - Part-Time
THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME and HOURS VARY
Perform a variety of duties after training and rehearsal to accurately and consistently portray specific types of patients, knowing the history of their present illness, past medical history, physical exam results as well as their body language and their emotional and personality characteristics.
Demonstrate interviewing skills with medical students, interns, residents, physician assistant candidates and others.
Instruct and practice interviewing skills and some superficial physical assessment skills with medical students. Give feedback after interviewing.
Evaluate and assess their skills and progress.
Simulate a variety of clinical scenarios including a patient's appearance, demeanor and affect, communication style, chief complaint, symptomatology, past medical history, and physical findings.
Deliver feedback in person, by hand, by computer or PDA.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires ability to understand and follow instructions. Work requires ability to memorize and be improvisational. No acting experience is required but is preferred.
No acting experience is required but is preferred.
PT Actor - Hershey's Chocolate World
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Actors are performers within the Attractions Department that work in the Chocolate Tasting Experience, an interactive experience where our guests sample different types of chocolate. Actors will act as hosts, greet guests as they enter the room, and interact with guests to make personal connections during one of our exciting shows. Actors will also assist with other necessary duties within the Attractions Department. The required skills will be learned primarily through on–the-job training.
This is a part-time position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position. This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday availability. There are a limited number of weekday daytime shifts available during non-peak seasons. This position has a starting hourly rate of $11.00 or more based on relevant experience.
Hershey's Chocolate World requires a focus on exceptional customer service and expects employees to be: approachable, courteous, knowledgeable about our products, able to clearly communicate with guests and assist them with questions, and provide general information to guests with a high level of professionalism.
Summary of Major Duties/
Must demonstrate our Customer Service Pledge
Must be approachable, showing that our guests are our priority.
Must initiate contact with our guests by being courteous and greet them with a smile.
Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
Must provide a genuine Thank You to every guest
Greet, welcome and extend service to customers, meeting or exceeding service standards
Memorize and perform a short scripted show and speak clearly to an audience
Perform other duties within the Attractions Department as needed
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
Must be at least 16 years of age
Must be able to memorize scripts and improvise when needed
Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly with guests
Must be capable of vocal performance for a period of 5-15 minutes
Must be able to perform in front of large audiences of up to 100 or more
Must be able to perform assigned scripts 6-8 times per 8-hour shift
This position requires bending, stooping and twisting
Must be able to push, pull, or lift 25 lbs.
Must be able to walk or stand for 5-8 hours per shift
Must maintain a neat appearance and adhere to the uniform standards
Must have customer service skills
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Must have leadership skills and the ability to take initiative
Must have basic computer skills
Must be able to work with technology and have basic understanding of technology (such as computers to facilitate the show, PowerPoint slides, etc.)
Education: No formal education required
Experience: Acting experience is preferred but not required
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but you may be responsible for other minor related work assignments.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Security Operations Center Engineer (Tier Iii)
We offer a competitive salary with a robust Fortune 500 type benefits package: employee assistance, employee adoption, 401K with match, medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, 15 paid time days off, 10 holidays, unlimited web-based training and up to $5K towards continuing education and/or professional development and more!
Founded in 2004, ApplyLogic is a Veteran Owned Small Business, ISO9001:2015 certified with over $7M annual revenues and 35 employees. Our growth has been recognized in the Washington Technology Fast 50 and the INC. 5000. We have an immediate Security Operations Center Engineer (Tier III) position available in Laurel, MD.
Job Description and
The Security Operations Center Engineer will possess in-depth knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, forensics and malware reverse engineering, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure; acts as an incident “hunter,” not waiting for escalated incidents; closely involved in developing, tuning and implementing threat detection analytics.
- Lead the development of incident response plans, workflows, and SOPs
- Deploy and maintain security sensors and tools
- Monitor security sensors and review logs to identify intrusions
- Using a high-level scripting/programming language to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware related data
- Think critically and creatively while analyzing security events, network traffic, and logs to engineer new detection methods
- Work directly with cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful detection
- Collaborate with incident response team to rapidly build detection rules as needed
- Identify incident root cause and take proactive mitigation steps
- Perform lessons learned activities
- Mentor junior analysts and run brown bag training sessions
- Review vulnerabilities and track resolution
- Review and process threat intel reports
- Develop and implement detection use cases
- Develop and implement IDS signatures
- Assist with incident response efforts
- Create and brief customer reports
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours security and/or engineering issues
- Perform customer security assessments
- Develop and run table top exercises
- Fuse locally derived and externally sourced cyber threat intelligence into signatures, detection techniques, and analytics intended to detect and track the advanced threat
- Strong understanding of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation
- Strong understanding of lateral movement and footholds
- Strong understanding of data exfiltration techniques. Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, problem solving, and analytics
- Have real world experience analyzing complex attacks and understand TTPs of threat actors
- Define relationships between seemingly unrelated events through deductive reasoning
- Experience in network/host based intrusion analysis, malware analysis, forensics, and cyber threat intel
- Knowledge of advanced threat actors and complex attacks
- Possess excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate to technical and executive level staff
- Quick study with new tools
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Expert knowledge of network routing and switching fundamentals to include knowledge of Multiprotocol Layer Switching (MPLS)
- Deep technical understanding of operating systems, network architecture and design, Active Directory (AD) application log consumables, systems design as well as superior knowledge of technical operations process and procedures
- Knowledge of encryption, key management and cryptology
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-37), Security Controls as described in NIST 800-35, and the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines
- Experience with performing threat modelling, risk analysis, root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access control SOPs
- Ability to configure and develop an enterprise SIEM solution including signature tuning, development of correlation rules, reports, and alarms
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14 years of experience
- Advanced training on anomaly detection and threat intelligence
- Preferred certifications
- Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH)
- Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust, or must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Senior Cyber Security Response Lead
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask How did I ever live without Coupang?
We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the 50 Smartest Companies in the World by MIT Technology Review and 30 Global Game Changers by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang is seeking Cyber Security Incidence Response Engineers (CSIRT) for our Seattle office and be part of our special forces within the BlueTeam. You must have a calm and collected mannerism in high-pressure and time sensitive situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and work with relevant teams to take the right and timely actions to analyze, respond and neutralize attacks.
The BlueTeam is responsible for the detection and response to credible threats. We work hands-on developing detective capabilities, identifying mitigations to vulnerabilities and respond to potential threats to Coupang systems. BlueTeam CSIRT Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis.
The Senior Engineering position requires an experienced CSIRT personnel that have expert working knowledge in IR, investigation and hunt techniques, root-cause security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly assessing the potential cyber threats, and educating other members of the broader team. Security Engineers are also expected to develop elegant solutions to complex problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices.
Mission : Security monitoring and security incident response
Monitoring, identification and response to cyber security incidents
Cyber security investigation at the network, endpoint and cloud
Host based and Network packet capture/traffic analysis
SIEM Rule development and finetuning to detect security incidents and anomalies
Conduct research and analysis on local and worldwide cyber threat streams against Coupang
CSIRT Team and cyber investigations lead
Candidate shall perform role of Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT).
Candidate shall successfully respond and investigate security incidents (live or post mortem) up to root cause level (either as lead or support role in the follow-the-sun delivery model)
As an outcome of investigations, candidate shall provide recommendations to build secure infrastructure to prevent future attacks with similar TTPs. This done through deep understanding of information security fundamentals including endpoint protection, network topology, segmentation, switching and routing and web application security.
Candidate shall continuously assist the SOC to development and finetune rulesets to identify threats and incidents and minimize false positives.
Candidate have successfully lead major investigations that require multiple team members
Candidate is a seasoned IR lead that are able to remotely manage a team of responders and investigators.
Candidate are able to effectively manage the different business and IT stakeholders affected by a major incident
Provide situational awareness on cyber threats, actors and TTPs relevant to Coupang and related industries in a local, regional and global coverage
Leader in: (follow-the-sun model)
Provide effective leadership during IR and investigations
Provide business risk assessments of cyber threats and technical vulnerabilities
Develop technical and executive incident and investigation reports
Delivery of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) products
Present situational awareness, findings and recommendations to management and executives
Oversee and monitor routine security administration
Manage and mentor a dedicated team of analysts and investigators
Define access privileges, control structures and resources
Research and recommend security controls
Provide technical advice to colleagues across different business units
Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction
Identify abnormalities and report violations
Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis
Conduct data breach and security incident investigations
Conduct APT and Adversary hunt
Liaison with other cyber threat analysis entities
Design and conduct security audits to ensure operational security
Perform network and host vulnerability assessment and risk analysis
7+ years of experience in information security with at least 3+ years in cyber incident response or digital investigations
Experienced in driving change (organizational, cultural and process) needed to respond to current and emerging threats
Working knowledge in delivering the complete CTI (Cyber Threat Intelligence) lifecycle
Working knowledge of Host based security investigation (Windows, Linux, Network/Security appliances)
Working knowledge of Operating SIEM and CTI (Cyber Threat Intelligence) Solutions and developing use cases
Current understanding of Network Traffic/Packet analysis and forensic
Current understanding of Operating IPS/IDS, Network Monitoring solutions, Net flow collector and analyzer
Current understanding of Operating EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) system and tools such as CarbonBlack, CrowdStrike, EnCase-EDR, FTK, Volatility memory forensic, etc.
Knowledge of application security such as Web application, Mobile app traffics, etc.
BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Ability to work independently on your own in a satellite / remote office where team support are dispersed globally and HQ in Korea.
Ability to be flexible and work during non-business hours (to support a global team in different time zones)
Primary work language for all offices is English (Korean a bonus) ;
Certified in one or more of the following: CISSP, CISA, CCNA, CISM, SANS GIAC
Knowledge of Cloud service practices and principles (e.g AWS, Azure)
Knowledge of Web Services (HTTP, HTML, AWS, REST, SOAP, Atom)
Experienced in Automation and Script (Linux shell, Python, Perl, Powershell)
Experienced in developing using Log Search (ELK, Splunk), TSDB (Time series DB)
Knowledge of DevOps and Agile practices and principles
Working knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle and current cyber threat landscape
Understanding of major threats and threat actors and their relevance to the eCommerce industry
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at .
Coordinator, Power Of Nutrition
CAREis an implementation partner with the Power of Nutrition (PoN), a UK-based organization catalyze new investment for nutrition. Under this match-funding partnership, CI implements programs to scale-up 11 proven interventions endorsed by the 2013 Lancet Nutrition Series. Under this agreement, CARE UK manages the overall relationship and financial arrangements, and CARE USA is responsible for technical aspects of program development and implementation. Both CARE UK and CARE USA actively raise funds to obtain the required match.
This relationship is expected to contribute significantly to the CARE goal of improving food and nutrition security for 50 million people by 2020.
The purpose of the Coordinator, Power of Nutrition (CPN) position is to coordinate CARE USA's role in the Power of Nutrition partnership, researching and identifying upcoming funding opportunities at theand Country Office levels, ensuring that relevant actors across CI are continually kept informed about these opportunities, liaising with these actors and with the Power of Nutrition to determine eligibility for match funding, and shepherding Power of Nutrition proposal development (including writing, as needed).
The CPN collaborates with the CARE USA Food and Nutrition Security unit's technical advisors and technical experts to analyze solicitations, determine proposal requirements, and produce responsive and well-crafted proposals. The CPN works autonomously as well as collaboratively, managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, often changing environment. Additionally, s/he will take the lead on drafting and/or updating various CARE USA Nutrition Team documents, including proposals for funders other than Power of Nutrition.
The position requires excellent writing skills, technical expertise in one or more focus areas of CARE's nutrition portfolio (nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific interventions); excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to work effectively cross-culturally; and experience in proposal development, with demonstrated success in contributing to winning proposals preferred.
Create a "pipeline" of potential Power of Nutrition match-funding opportunities and vet these with PoN
Communicate potential match funding opportunities to CUSA, CIUK, and Country Offices
Contribute to proposal development for funding opportunities eligible for PoN match funding.
Compose proposals for other nutrition team funding opportunities (not from Power of Nutrition)
Oversee/backstop ongoing Power of Nutrition programs
Other possibilities as assigned
Bachelor's degree in public health nutrition, public health, or related
3-5 years proven proposal/business development experience for nutrition or health programming (agriculture/food security programming if nutrition-sensitive).
Experience working with large donor institutions, especially World Bank, BMGF, DFID, EU, UN agencies.
Technical competence (through education or experience) with one of CARE nutrition portfolio focus areas (either nutrition-specific or nutrition-sensitive interventions).
Fluency in written and spoken French.
Ability to travel up to 33% time
There are individuals who may use CARE's name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you're contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Artistic Director - Sandstone Productions
CITY OF FARMINGTON
JOB POSITION #151: ARTISTIC DIRECTOR SANDSTONE PRODUCTIONS
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1
WORK LOCATION: Lions Wilderness Amphitheater
PAY CLASS: Temporary
HIRING RANGE: $20-$22/Hour
DAYS WORKED: Varied
HOURS WORKED: Varied
TYPE OF POSITION: Temporary/Part-Time
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL: Open Until Filled
Using excellent customer service skills establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public.
Assists with logistics of organizing equipment needs and personnel for Sandstone Productions.
Serves as Artistic Director for Sandstone Productions. Communicates with actors regarding auditions, schedules, and related information.
Establishes schedules and timelines for all actors and other personnel.
Responsible for the creative vision in producing a full length production, to be performed in Lions Wilderness Park Amphitheater.
Operates a motor vehicle to assist in carrying out the business of the department and the City.
Attendance is an essential function of this position.
Researches current uses, programs, fees, and related information of facilities in other cities and states.
May serve on various community or employee committees as required and assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related to or a logical assignment to the position.
This position is subject to the City's Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Program. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return-to-duty testing, and follow-up testing.
Valid New Mexico driver's license with acceptable driving record for the past three years.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree theatre, business administration, or a related field and three (3) years of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends. Evening hours will be the norm during the months of May, June, and early August.
Experience working with volunteers desirable.
Other responsibilities include developing an enhanced regional and national reputation for Sandstone Productions leading to increased attendance and revenues.
Ability to motivate staff and to proactively establish lines of communication internally and among all levels of organization constituents, from executive to front-line levels, and a similar variety of external constituencies as well.
Ability to build community and corporate relationships and promotional partnerships beneficial to all participants.
Ability to represent institutional interests to professional affiliate organizations in a professional and compelling manner.
Ability to train and motivate volunteer staff.
Working knowledge of personal computers and software; knowledge of inventory and financial software; specific knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is desirable.
Ability to accurately record and maintain data.
Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, supervisors, other City personnel, vendors and the public.
Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
Ability to work under stress and handle stressful situations.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to operate tools and equipment listed.
Ability to write grants.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Personal computer including MS Word, Excel, inventory and financial software; motor vehicle, calculator, copy machine, telephone, fax machine, and cash register.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position frequents outdoors so is exposed to different weather and outdoor elements.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a variety of settings including office, store, public galleries, gymnasiums, swimming pools, theatres-both indoor and outdoor, outdoor trails and plazas, and classroom settings. The noise level in the work environment will vary accordingly.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/D/V.
IRF Report Editors (Id:7400593)
Job Description: THIS IS A SEASONAL HOURLY POSITION (expected to last through April/May 2019)
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of an International Religious Freedom Report (IRF) Editor, to work closely with senior editors, other IRF office staff, U.S. embassies abroad, and other State Department bureaus to produce a high quality, credible report within tight deadlines. This position is located in the Office of International Religious Freedom (IRF) in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL), which leads the U.S. efforts to promote democracy, protect human rights and international religious freedom, and advance labor rights globally.
DRL/IRF requires IRF report editors with strong editing, writing, organizational, interpersonal, research, and analytical skills. Successful candidates should have an academic background in international relations. Experience in monitoring and promoting human rights, including religious freedom, is highly desirable. Broader knowledge of foreign policy issues, principles, and concepts is essential, and experience in editing written manuscripts is very helpful. The ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including embassy and Department officers, office directors and deputies, and representatives of nongovernmental organizations, is essential.
Duties, Tasks and
- Thoroughly edit International Religious Freedom (IRF) draft reports received from U.S. embassies and consulates to ensure substantive and technical accuracy.
- Work effectively with overseas posts and Department officers to ensure that completed reports reflect DRL equities.
- Ensure that assigned reports are accurate, thorough, of appropriate length, and consistent, and that they provide a comprehensive and unbiased account of the religious freedom situation in each country. Final reports should require minimal proofreading and be completed within established deadlines.
- Conduct research and suggest additional content as necessary in order to make each report comprehensive and accurate.
- As necessary, negotiate with embassies, country desks, and other bureaus and agencies regarding the content of the report. Ensure that DRL equities are protected in reaching mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Manage workload to ensure that reports move smoothly and regularly among editors, senior editors, diplomatic posts, and Department offices. Ensure that tight deadlines are met consistently.
- Work effectively with team leaders and senior editors and identify issues or questions that need to be brought to their attention for further consideration.
- Respond effectively to special requests by the IRF Reports Coordinator, Office Director, and Deputy Director.
- Experience in working with human rights and democracy issues, with some experience in religious freedom preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in dealing with broad foreign policy issues
- Ability to edit documents for substance and style
- Comprehensive understanding of DRL equities and priorities
- Ability to follow detailed written instructions carefully
- Ability to manage a large workload and ensure that deadlines are respected
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to negotiate effectively with a wide range of actors to achieve DRL goals while preserving and enhancing personal relationships
- Strong analytical skills that enable the identification of issues that need to be resolved or content that needs to be included in the IRF reports
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals with varying backgrounds, skill sets, and levels of experience
- Ability to work as a team member and independently when necessary
- BA or MA in international relations or a related field such as political science or economics
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
Cyber Threat Hunter/Researcher
Competitive Innovations, LLC (CI) is seeking a Cyber Threat Hunter and Researcher to support a major federal client in their overall cyber threat analysis efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Performs advanced analysis of adversary tradecraft, malicious code, and Advance Persistent Threat capabilities
- Analyzes computer, communication, network security events and exploits to determine security vulnerabilities and recommend remedial actions
- Conducts forensic, malicious code, and packet-level analyses to develop comprehensive technical reports stepping through complete reverse engineering of incidents
- Recommends countermeasures based on the identified techniques, tactics, procedures, and behavior patterns used by adversaries
- Develops alert criteria to improve incident response capabilities
- Contributes to development, writing, and reviewing of SOPs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related technical disciplines. Four (4) additional years of general experience (as defined below) may be substituted for the degree.
- Top Secret Clearance (clearable to SCI)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and/or Encase Certified Examiner (ENCE)
- 3-5 years of experience advanced technical analysis with increasing responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience in network security with a focus on computer forensics, static code reverse engineering, and advanced (packet) network analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in intelligence or technical analysis with a focus on cyber threat analysis.
- Solid understanding of enterprise IT cybersecurity operational environments
- Experience analyzing emerging technologies for potential attach vectors and developing mitigation strategies
- Ability to evaluate offensive and intelligence-based threat actors based on motivation and common TTPs
- Experience with gathering open-source and controlled intelligence to develop predictive understanding of adversarial strategies, priorities, and overlapping interests
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining open source network security monitoring and assessment tools
- Experience writing contract deliverables such as bulletins, digests, and summary reports
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills
Competitive Innovations (CI) is a solutions provider to government and industry, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. CI serves customers with critical requirements – including national and cyber security -- in information technology, management, mission support, training, and web solutions. Founded in July 1999, CI is committed to the core values of integrity and service. CI is a small business concern, Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, and Kentico Gold Partner proudly serving both public and private sector customers.
Competitive Innovations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!