Adhesive Primer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Adhesive Primer
Senior Product Development Scientist - Adhesives
|Position Title Senior Product Development Scientist|
* Work closely with Sales & Marketing to define gaps in company's product portfolio and find new opportunities within the pressure sensitive industry that can provide growth.
* Work directly with customers to define customer wants, needs & potential customer value.
* Develop new products that are robust in design and have strong financial returns.
* Work closely with Purchasing and Manufacturing to assure product development initiatives are well managed from an overall cost perspective.
* Be an internal technical expert in all areas of adhesives and PSA's in particular.
* Stay abreast of new adhesive technologies and evolving trends in the PSA industry.
* Successfully qualify new raw materials in a timely fashion.
- A minimum of 5 years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry is required.
- A strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products.
- Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes is desirable.
- BS degree in Science or Engineering is required, an advanced degree is a plus.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
2. 5+ years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry.
3. Strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products.
4. Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes is desirable.
Post a Job
Adhesive Coating Machine Operator
Performs direct work demonstrating the ability to perform any of the various operations within the department. Practices safe work techniques and maintains good housekeeping.
Coordinates material, tools, and other supplies as needed in the manufacture of roll paper label stock, films and silicone coating of base paper. Monitors work to ensure that machine in not malfunctioning. Primary Tasks: 1.
Uses lift truck, squeeze truck and hand truck to stage materials such as adhesives, face stock and liner at the desired location. 2. Ensures the accuracy of raw material labeling and degree of quality prior to loading on machine 3. Loads and unloads raw materials to machine and records necessary data 4.Controls and adjusts equipment to meet product run specifications before and during each product run.
Ensures the proper tension and visually inspects product for smoothness and clarity. 5. Keeps equipment free of adhesives, dirt, dust, oils and other matter that might cause improper operations, rework or excessive waste. 6. Identifies, records, and flags all defects for easy removal in slitting. 7.
Maintains accurate records of inventory being retrieved or returned to storage,. 8. Removes and locates finished materials. 9. Communicates any problems with equipment, people, materials, schedules, or procedures to supervisor. 10.
Retrieves, transports and positions raw materials according to production schedule. 11. Performs other duties as assigned by manager Machines, Tools or Equipment Used: Lift truck, Hand truck, Squeeze truck, Chain Hoist, Weight Scales, Utility Knives, hand tools, Computer.
Two years experience in manufacturing environment preferred but not mandatory. Lift truck training: good oral and written communication skills, Ability to exert in excess of 100 lbs of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 lbs of force frequently and /or 20 pounds of force to move objects. Ability to lift to 70 lbs at times. Can be warm environment in summer.
Post a Job
Job Number: 1822
Adhesives Lead Packer
Hours: 12 Hour Shift 7:00 AM- 7:00 pm or 7:00 PM -7:00 AM
Summary: Has held Operator III or equivalent position for a minimum of 12 months with successful performance in order to be considered for a Lead Operator position.
Will maintain and control all lines in the department running at 100% or better for an entire shift.
Has significant troubleshooting abilities, as well as the ability to develop and mentor troubleshooting skills in others.
Can serve as a setup and troubleshooting technician at a higher technical level than an operator.
Can setup, maintain, lead change overs, and fine tune all lines and equipment according to established procedures.
Understands, exemplifies, and drives safety, procedure, and quality goals in the department.
Understands, executes, and can mentor others in the accurate completion of paperwork and SAP transactions.
Demonstrates the desire and skills to meet and exceed company-established efficiency and productivity goals.
Can Lead and coordinate daily shift activities including staffing, line scheduling to meet production goals, and oversight of quality, safety , and productivitperformance metrics.
Will Lead and drive daily comitments to company goals , and develop a sense of urgency in others.
THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE THE FLEXIBILITY TO WORK OCCASIONAL OFF SHIFTS AND OVERTIME AS BUSINESS NEEDS DICTATE.
Qualifications: + High school or GED required. Prefer 2-year industrial or mechanical-oriented Associate’s Degree or certificate from an accredite institution or organization.
Certification in Technical, Mechanical or Engineering disciplines a plus.
Minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment as a skilled trade operator.
Skills: + Very strong mechanical aptitude.
Can drive and foster a sense of urgency through exemplary behavior.
Demonstrated leadership ability.
Demonstrated willingness to take ownership and responsibility of daily goals.
Good oral and written communications skills.
Ability to complete accurate and timely plant paperwork, and to verify the accurate completion by others.
North Carolina Community / Marketing Title:
Adhesives Lead Company Profile: Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
Post a Job
Custom Primers Manufacturing Lab Technician
Pleasanton, CA ~not Bart accessible
Contract Length: 1 year, Temp-to-hire
Full time 40 hours a week shifts vary- see below
Pay rate: $17-19. 55/hour-depending on shift
Candidates must be flexible to be placed on any of the following shifts. Candidates do not select which shift they will be placed on but it depends on business need. The pay rate is set and non-negotiable.
A1 Sun-Wed (Day) 5:00 AM 3:30 PM -$17/hour
B1 Sun Wed (Swing) 3:00 PM 1:30 AM- $18. 70/hour
A2 Wed Sat (Day) 5:00 AM 3:30 PM -$17/hour
B2 Wed Sat (Swing) 3:00 PM 1:30 AM- $18. 70/hour
Graveyard- Monday-Thursday 7 pm- 5:30 am $19. 55/hr
* Flexibility to be on any shift is required!
This is a great way to get your foot in the door with a state of the art biotech laboratory. Our client is a large and growing biotech company that produces innovative scientific technology.
- Work in a team based environment to manufacture high quality custom oligonucleotides in a high throughput, fast paced setting. Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following: Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols and SOPs.
- Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment. Regularly evaluate non-routine test results and either fail the product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution.
- Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions. Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment. Balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (completes BR, get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to the attention of the Leads/Supervisors).
- Continuously strive to improve output goals.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency. Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- Inform appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss problems/questions clearly. Work in a safe manner. Work with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary. Give and receive constructive feedback
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and may be assigned to other areas and labs within the Pleasanton Manufacturing organization. Nature and Scope of Position occupies a significant role in mainstream oligonucleotide production.
- The role requires the ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works in a team based laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work outside of regular work hours. The above position will require you to work a flexible shift pattern.
- 1 year of lab experience required (may be obtained through work or school).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the manufacturing work cells.
- Computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel and Word) are required.
Education: Degree preferred but willing to consider candidates with relevant experience.
Post a Job
Demand Generation Market And Brand Specialist, 3M Industrial Adhesives And Tapes Division (Maplewood, MN)
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. 3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation.
We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Job Description: 3M is seeking a Demand Generation Markets and Brand Specialist for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD) located in Maplewood, MN Job Summary: The Demand Generation Markets and Brand Specialist is responsible for initiating, creating and executing integrated marketing programs across multiple communication channels to generate leads, enable sales, enhance the customer experience and build 3M brand. This will be done through three key initiatives: market-focused knowledge, planning and activation of marketing programs; a deep dive understanding of IATD Production and Procurement personas with responsibility for elevating and executing with insights across the division to be a leader in the area of brand and brand touchpoints across an extended group of IATD stakeholders.
This role must demonstrate an understanding of the businesses, products, customers, market segments, distribution channels, and competitors while applying their perspective and expertise in best–in-class marketing communications through the development of strategies and execution of global plans. The Demand Generation Markets and Brand Specialist is a results-oriented individual with experience planning, managing, implementing and measuring integrated marketing communications programs. Project Management includes management of budget, internal and external resources and timelines required to bring projects to completion.
Position also include significant functional interaction and collaboration as well as shared responsibility for the development of communications strategies for those projects. In addition, the role will be responsible for overseeing the governance and content priorities among shared applications and capabilities to create a unified and streamlined user experience and positive brand interactions. The Demand Generation Markets and Brand Specialist must deliver technically sound, user relevant communications projects that address significant business and markets issues. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: + Acquires deep dive knowledge of critical IATD markets, personas and applications as well as unique expert level understanding of unique pathways and experiences in the buyer’s journeys + Work collaboratively with product demand gen teams, brand, digital and marketing to represent their content and business priorities as appropriate in market-focused initiatives, and to align on product launches, campaigns, process, strategies, best practices and efficiency.
Develops and executes marketing communications and digital strategies and leads integrated communications programs that support functional marketing/business plans, organizational plans and 3M’s reputation and brand strategy.
Defines and leads the development of the online customer content and experience—creative concepts, message presentation, and integration with traditional/offline communication programs.
Proposes plans, produces and measures integrated communications programs in support of IATD business growth plans.
Serve as a leader and hub for Production and Procurement personas and subject matter expert in planning and executing IATD brand building initiatives + Provides team leadership and vendor supervision for specific marketing communications objectives, strategies, and tactics.
Uses influencing skills, writing, and presentation/speaking skills to lead multiple communication projects, interpret and apply policies, analyzes data to make strategic and tactical recommendations + Manage projects within allocated budget, proposing cost-saving measures where appropriate + Ensure metrics are established and tracked for each campaign/product launched + Must manage simultaneous market priorities requiring strong communication skills and project management skills with minimal supervision Basic Qualifications: + Bachelor's Degree or higher in Marketing Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations or Digital Marketing from an accredited university + Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in Marketing Communications, Marketing, Social Media and/or Digital Marketing + Minimum of five (5) years of project management experience Preferred Qualifications: + MBA preferred + Minimum of seven (7) years of marketing communications experience + Diverse experience in website strategy, branding, marketing communications, digital marketing + Extensive knowledge of marketing PR writing ability, packaging graphics knowledge, trade show and special event production and coordination
Demonstrated Experience creating and implementing programs from concept to completion using metrics to drive continuous improvement + Very strong communication (written and oral - clear, concise, creative and persuasive), analytical, influencing and inter-personal skills. Ability to manage relationships and build consensus with a diverse set of stakeholders at every level of the company + Self-motivated and independent, able to work with minimum supervision
Attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities while remaining positive, flexible, and open to feedback + Effective project management skills + Strong collaboration
Demonstrate the ability to engage key stakeholders both internally and externally with an influencing and engaging presentation style + A self-starter with the ability to solve complex problems and make clear recommendations at pace + B2B or industrial experience and knowledge + Market-focused experience a plus Location: Maplewood, MN Travel:
Your access to and use of this website and application for a job at 3M are conditioned on your acceptance and compliance with these terms. Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms. 3M is science applied to life.
At 3M, we are in your cell phone. We are in your car. We are at your doctor’s office.
You are never more than 10 feet from a 3M product. 3M helps make it possible for many other companies to do what they do. At 3M, we produce a mind-bending 55,000 products. Our technology expertise started over 100 years ago with ceramics, turning minerals into sandpaper.
This expertise has grown to span 46 technology platforms, with thousands of products and applications. Our scientists are experts at combining our core technologies to invent a surprising range of products. Our people and our products reshape the way we live our lives every day. From celebrating new ideas to uncovering fresh uses for tried and true products, 3M solves problems for people, for communities and customers around the world.
Senior Product Development Scientist - Adhesives - WI #3607
Position Title Senior Product Development Scientist
Due to our continued growth, Company is actively seeking a Senior Product Development Scientist
The Coated Products Operations manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive and release liner combinations.
Responsibilities will include:
Work closely with Sales & Marketing to define gaps in company's product portfolio and find new opportunities within the pressure sensitive industry that can provide growth.
Work directly with customers to define customer wants, needs & potential customer value.
Develop new products that are robust in design and have strong financial returns.
Work closely with Purchasing and Manufacturing to assure product development initiatives are well managed from an overall cost perspective.
Be an internal technical expert in all areas of adhesives and PSA's in particular.
Stay abreast of new adhesive technologies and evolving trends in the PSA industry.
Successfully qualify new raw materials in a timely fashion.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director, R&D / Technical
The ideal candidate will have:
A minimum of 5 years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry is required.
A strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products.
Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes is desirable.
BS degree in Science or Engineering is required, an advanced degree is a plus.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1.Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
2.5+ years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry.
3.Strong background in adhesives and pressure sensitive products.
4.Knowledge of paper, films, release liners and converting processes is desirable.
Post a Job
Technical Sales Manager - Electronic Adhesive Experience
If you are a Technical Sales Manager with electronic adhesive experience, please read on!
We're a fast growing company located in beautiful Denver, CO, we're a polymer coating company that's experiencing tremendous growth. We're looking for an enthusiastic Technical Sales Manager to join our fast growing team.
Our ideal candidate would not just call themselves an Industrial Adhesive Technical Sales Manager. We are looking for a diverse background, someone who would call themselves a leader, independent, enjoys creating new relationships with decision makers, someone who wants to create change, and loves working in a diverse environment which allows them to be creative in the sales process. That said we are looking for someone with personality that can be part of a collaborative team.
What You Need for this Position
More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Industrial Adhesive Sales
Urethane potting into electronics
Epoxy or Polyurethane sales
Technical Sales Manager
Adhesive Chemical Sales
Client Facing Sales
Chemistry or Engineering degree preferred
We are looking for a candidate that must be hungry and excited at the idea of being part of something. Our candidate must be ready to break out and actually have an active hand in the projects and overall growth of our company, they want to be heard, and wants to make a difference and have an impact. We want someone that's excited to be with us, and focused on the opportunity to do something great every day!
So, if you are a Technical Sales Manager with electronic adhesive experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Post a Job
Volunteer Adhesives Corporatio
Volunteer Adhesives Corporation in Lafayette, TN is seeking a Laboratory Technician. No experience necessary, must be fluent in mathematics, stable work history, willingness to learn a career, 21 years or older, and own transportation.
Will train the right person. Responsibilities are Quality Control on batches of Industrial Adhesive. Hours of operation are 6:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday with possible overtime on Friday.
Please apply at Volunteer Adhesives Corporation 570 Industrial Drive, Lafayette, TN 37083. Category: Quality Control , Keywords: Laboratory Technician, QA
Post a Job
Coating And Adhesives Technician - Level 1
Coatings & Adhesives Technician Level I
The Construction Products Group is looking for a lab technician to conduct chemical, engineering and physical laboratory tests primarily based on experimental designs to develop new products, improve existing products, evaluate competitive materials and analyzes test data by performing the following duties under the direct supervision of the Technical Manager and/or other Technical Center management. The successful candidate should be computer literate, a self-starter, and able to work in a team environment.Essential Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge includes the following:
Conducts chemical, physical, and engineering tests on experimental formulas and competitive products.
Tests and analyzes products such as sealers, joint filler,adhesive & coatings and other raw materials to determine their physical, chemical, and engineering properties.
Coordinate receipt of telephone, fax, and mailed inquiries regarding product testing/usage and respond accordingly.
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical
Associate degree from a college or technical school and a three to six month related experience and/or training a plus; or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
Ability to manager multiple priorities, effective Team Player, self motivated, quick learner
Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
essential duties & responsibilities:
- Projects are sanded in a first in, first out flow.
- Test seams for fit to ensure they are not too loose.
- Prepare parts to be sanded by filling seams with wax or glue, removing any access as needed.
- Sand surface, edges and profiles using pneumatic hand sanders, sandpaper and sanding blocks.
- Feel surfaces for smoothness and defects before sending to paint.
- Work with co-workers, supervisors and continuous improvement staff to communicate ideas that may eliminate cost and/or create efficiencies.
- Down stock as needed to keep paint and sanding areas clear, and fill racks to help set painter pace as needed.
- General cleanliness and housekeeping of sanding booth and surrounding areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionallyrequired to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Frequentlylift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionallylift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.