Adjuster Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Adjuster
Risk Adjustment Coders (Cms-Hcc, Hhs-Hcc, Ccc, And Cdi)
RISK ADJUSTMENT CODERS
- Complete Code Capture (CCC)
- Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC)
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI)
- Risk Adjustment Validation
- More details will come as we get closer to the project
- Providing high quality HCC/CCC/CDI coding across multiple clients.
- HCC/CCC/CDI coding for 2015-2016 year.
- CPC or CPC-A or equivalent through the AAPC or AHIMA
- CRC preferred, but not required
- Must have at least 1 year of active HCC coding experience, or
- Must have at least 1 year of active CCC coding experience, or
- Must have at least 1 year of active CDI coding experience
- Must have at least 1 year of ICD-9 coding experience
- Must have at least 1 year of ICD-10 coding experience
- Must have proof of passing an ICD-10 Proficiency or Readiness Assessment through the AAPC or AHIMA
- Must pass background check and drug screening
- Must pass the Risk Adjustment coding test
- Signed contract with Aviacode
- Must reside in the U.S.
- This is a CONTRACT position for a SHORT TERM project (June 2017-February 2018)
- There will be multiple projects available consisting of a mix of HCC, CCC, CDI, RA Validation
- Must complete a certain number of charts per pay period (varies per project).
- Must maintain a 95% accuracy rate.
- Must maintain a 95% completeness rate.
- You will be paid twice a month on the 10th and 25th. The pay periods go from 1-15 and 16-31.
- This is a 1099 position.
- Must have a Windows Based Operating System (MAC is not compatible).
- Dual monitors highly recommended
2. Please answer questions and take the assessment by using this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017RAassessment
You will be required to take a 2 part coding assessment when you apply. Part 1 needs to be done at the time you apply (39 questions). Part 2 needs to be done within 48 hours (8 charts).
OTHER OPEN POSITIONS
Please fill out your SURGERY related coding experience here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SurgeryExp
“Aviacode does not discriminate on the grounds of race, creed, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, Vietnam era Veteran’s status, political affiliation, or any other non-merit factor.”
Post a Job
Claims Adjuster - Auto Bodily Injury
Prime opportunity to join a growing branch office at a company which is focused on their employees and offers room for advancement. If you are an energetic, organized Adjuster with 2 plus years of Auto BI experience investigating and settling injury claims this could be the right opportunity for you.
This is a direct hire position located in the east valley area. This client is "A" rated and offers an excellent benefits package which includes: 401K Savings Plan, Rich Health, RX and Dental for you and your dependents, Company paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability and a flexible, generous paid days off policy.
Post a Job
Job ID 2017-1478
of Openings 1
Job Locations US-SD-Rapid City
Posted Date 4/19/2017
Company Car Provided Yes
UFG is currently recruiting for an experienced multi-line claims adjuster in the Rapid City, SD area. This individual will be responsible for investigating, evaluating and settling assigned property and casualty claims.
Depending on the qualifications of the candidate, this position may be filled at a senior claims representative level.
Review assignments to determine severity, coverage and appropriate action.
Review and interpret policy coverage to determine whether the claim is payable under the policy, deductible, actual cash value or replacement cost.
Conduct field investigation to include site inspection, diagram, photographs, interview and secure recorded statements of those possessing facts concerning the loss.
Manage all administrative claim functions such as reserving, claim payments and file notes via electronic means and at times from remote locations.
Prepare written investigative reports for the claim file to document all activity related to the loss.
Negotiate with contractors or repair facilities regarding extent of damage and method of repair.
Manage the salvage process.
Maintain currency on case law and construction prices/methods/procedures.
Foster and maintain relationships with independent agency force.
Participate in company sponsored educational programs to develop and maintain knowledge of products, producers and industry trends.
Participate in other projects or other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred
Industry designations such as AIC, CPCU, SCLA, CCLA or PCLA are preferred
Minimum of five years of multi-line claims experience
Minimum of five years of commercial property and casualty claims experience
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
Individual must be analytical, precise and have the ability to work independently.
Post a Job
Regional Independent Adjusting Firm seeking experienced (Min 3 Yrs) Multi Line insurance adjuster to service the Fort Smith, AR area. Excellent opportunity for motivated individual. Health care benefits/401K. Please submit resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact policy holders
- inspect claims
- finalize reports and estimates
- valid AR and OK adjuster license
- minimum 3 years experience
- self starter
Independent Insurance Claims Adjuster
Associated Adjusters Network is a national independent adjusting firm servicing insurance companies throughout the United States. Our pay is structured in a way you can make as much money as you like. We offer training for the right individuals. This position will be replacing someone who has been doing very well for several years in this area.
We are seeking a Property Insurance Adjuster to become a part of our organization! You will investigate, analyze, and determine the extent damages to residential homes. Candidate must be willing and able to climb roofs, and determine damages. HAAG certification and New York adjusters license is a plus. Some overnight travel may be required. Must have reliable transportation. Must pass a background check and drug screen.
Property damage estimating.
Previous experience in insurance,
Experience estimating property damage
Strong property estimating skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Deadline and detail-oriented!!!!!!!!
Workers Comp Adjuster
Oklahoma Insurance Company is seeking licensed Workers Compensation Adjusters for our Chandler, Oklahoma office. Multi-state license and experience is a plus.
Duties: Conducts investigations on assigned workers compensation claims, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, monitors treatment, completes/files reports and negotiates settlements. Requires strong negotiation skills and strategic communication with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, attorneys and medical personnel. Degree is preferred as are strong reasoning, analytical, organizational and computer skills. Must have ability to work independently.
Requirements: College degree or equivalent work experience, plus 3 years workers compensation adjusting or insurance experience.
Excellent benefit package including Med, Life/AD&D, STD, LTD, 401(k), Flex Plan & Paid leave. Outstanding work environment. Salary commiserate with experience.
Claims Adjuster Level II - Bodily Injury
* * * * * * * *
Are You Driven? We are.
GAINSCO Inc. is a property and casualty insurance holding company. Through our insurance brand, GAINSCO Auto Insurance, we concentrate our efforts on the nonstandard personal automobile market, specializing in minimum-limits personal auto insurance. GAINSCO was established in 1978 as a Texas corporation and is based in Dallas, with a regional office in Miami. Our insurance operations are conducted through MGA Insurance Company Inc., a Texas corporation.
Why Join GAINSCO?
At GAINSCO we are committed to championship performance. This commitment is epitomized by the championship-winning No. 99 racing team we sponsor and is experienced by our customers every day in the way we service their needs. We are driven to provide:
- An insurance product that is flexible and customizable *
- Superior customer support and claims handling *
- A solid company that customers can rely on *
- A unique culture allowing employees to succeed and develop themselves in a company with real opportunities for advancement
Job Purpose: To investigate, evaluate and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of non-attorney represented injury claims and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio
Essential Job Results:* * *
% of Time* * * * * * * * *
Results Expected and Duties Performed* * * * * * * *
65%* * * * * * * * *
Establishes proof of loss by studying documentation submitted; assembling additional information as required from outside sources such as claimant, witnesses, physician, employer, hospital, and other insurance companies; initiates investigation of claims involving complex coverage claims, complex liability, and/or bodily injury claims (non-attorney represented), as well as questionable claims.* * * * * * * *
25%* * * * * * * * *
Resolves claim by approving or denying documentation; calculating benefit due; initiating payment or composing denial letter. Presents evidence at legal proceedings by testifying and producing reports and other documents as evidence* * * * * * * *
10%* * * * * * * * *
Ensure legal compliance by following guidelines, company policies, and state and federal insurance regulations* * * * *
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner *
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions *
- Adherence to company attendance policy *
- Established Tenure preferred
* * * * * * * *
Education: Bachelors degree or higher (with two years work experience within field of major, is preferred).
Experience: Previous Claims and/or Customer Service experience within an Insurance environment is required. Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes is required. Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of making sound coverage and liability decisions based on facts presented by customers and/or through additional fact gathering and investigations. Experience in handling minor to moderate bodily injury claims is preferred (either attorney represented and/or non-attorney represented).
Skills and Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks; ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers; effective negotiating skills; ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem.
Other: A valid State Adjuster License where required; Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred; occasional weekend work may be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerPost a Job
Claims Adjuster - Miami
We are a proven provider of specialty insurance products and services looking for Inside Property Adjusters who are ready to step into our fast paced energetic environment and drive results while providing exceptional customer service. We are looking for individuals interested in learning our business, growing their expertise, and becoming a future leader.
As a P&C Claims Adjuster, you will review property damage claim information from the Outside Adjuster, complete the investigation, and resolve the claim. This requires strong organizational abilities and empathetic interpersonal skills. You will also be responsible for on-going communication and for providing status updates to the insured and others associated with the claim activity.
Successful candidates will be computer literate and comfortable working in a paperless environment. They will enjoy working with customers, be effective at listening and communicating, and have confidence in resolving issues and negotiating fair settlements.
Assurant values a diverse workforce where employees are treated with respect, are encouraged to contribute, and have the opportunity for career growth. We offer company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), discounted stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, and many additional benefits.
This position is located at our beautiful Cutler Bay, Miami campus where we offer a state of the art on-site Child Care and Elementary school, fully equipped gym, dry cleaners, credit union and more!
May require working overtime and/or weekend hours.
An Adjusters license is required for states in which the Claims Adjuster performs their job. If you do not currently possess the appropriate license(s), Assurant will assist you in obtaining the license within a specified timeframe and cover any related expenses.
Bilingual Spanish and/or Creole is a plus.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and policy provisions.
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report findings.
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with contractors, adjusters, or any insured representative.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities and refer accordingly.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and management as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments and levels in the organization.
- Maintain industry knowledge and operational skills and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of claims adjusting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate and enter data on multiple screens
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft business-level communications when responding to customers
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
Construction Defect Claims Adjuster
Our Construction Defect Claims Adjusters provide direct support to the assigned client, exercising independent judgment and personal discretion on matters related to construction defect claims, handling the determination of coverage, investigation, evaluation of liability, evaluation of damages, negotiations, and resolution of cases.
The Adjuster will work out of the George Hills’ San Bernardino office and will report to our Construction Defect Claims Manager. The option of telecommuting will be considered for the right candidate.
Education and Experience
- Four year college degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience with construction defect claims. Public entity experience, while not required, is a plus.
- Experience in multiple jurisdictions.
- Adjuster licenses in multiple states.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Today, GH employs 30 experienced claims handling/incident management professionals, and 14 full-time corporate and support staff employees. With seven (7) offices throughout the State of California, GH works with over 100 diverse clients, including counties, cities, school districts, insurance carriers, joint powers authorities, and agencies.
Professional Outside Sales-Licensed Public Adjuster
Professional Outside Sales-Licensed Public Adjuster
Skipton & Associates, Inc. is a 24-year old professional public adjusting company with offices in Arizona, Texas, California and Florida. We are in a very unique business and we are a leader in our field. We represent the consumer, not the insurance company, in the settlement of property insurance claims. As the client’s representative, we handle commercial and larger residential claims where the typical claim averages around $400,000 residential and often exceed $1,000.000 commercial. Our business is recession proof and is not affected by fluctuations in the economy.
You will be working as an outside sales representative, covering primarily major loss events in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Our inside lead generation experts will provide approximately 5-10 leads per day. Your networking efforts combined with our multiple systems will provide you with the ability to source additional quality leads and our centralized team will assist you in finding ownership information.
You will be responsible for contacting property owners/managers, setting meetings to present our claim services and securing a contract for our claim representation services. Duties also include follow up calls, appointment setting, and preparing written and email communications.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
Must have a valid Public Adjusters License in Texas,
A proven track record in direct sales,
High Energy self-starter who is motivated for success with a great work ethic,
Professional image and demeanor,
Some insurance claims or restoration construction experience preferred,
Must be very good at overcoming objections and have strong closing skills,
Articulate in both verbal and written communications,
A resilient spirit that will not take no for an answer,
Responsive to both clients and management Good computer skills
What we offer:
Paid training program
Guaranteed draw against commissions
We cover all travel expenses
Employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, and a 401K Plan
First year realistic potential is $100,000 to $200,000