Administrative Assistant Job Description Sample
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials. Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcome. Records minutes and summarizes for typing and distribution.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials. Reviews and signs, as authorized.
- Edits documents produced by others.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information requiring knowledge of departmental and university policies and procedures.
- Serves as internal resource to faculty, administrators, staff or students on departmental and university procedures. Researches information, as requested, and relays official interpretations. Maintains currency on revisions to department, school, and/or university policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation, development and production of major documents, such as proposals, manuscripts, accreditation reviews. Coordinates efforts or contributions of multiple staff and/or faculty.
- Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and purchases.
- Supervises unit employees and/or student workers, as assigned. Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines. Monitors employee performance on a regular basis. Ensures timely completion of unit's work.
- Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum Experience: 2 years
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical, including some administrative experience.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate; a high level of professionalism, adaptability to change, ability to provide insightful solutions, always conduct themselves in an ethical and trustworthy manner, understands and relates well to others, and is dedicated to the Firm’s success.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- This position is ideal for an individual who is retired but looking to engage in the work force throughout seasonal times of the year
- Ability to work overtime January through April and during peak seasons
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Ability to operate independently and self-manage projects. Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Sound administrative skills. Well-developed management skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the Partners’ preferences and priorities.
- Comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Starting compensation for this role is $14/hr and the chosen candidate will have access to full-benefits and 401k. Position is subject to background screen
The Administrative Assistant serves as the department’s primary resource for processing requests via the Agency’s purchase order system, invoice processing, and the maintenance of the voice over internet phone system. The position assists with the coordination of events, scheduling of conference rooms, supply inventory tracking, and maintenance of all Admin related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the point of contact for invoices related to Administration and work with accounts payable to meet closing deadlines.
- Assist the Procurement and Technology Manager with processing purchasing requests including but not limited to research, ordering, quality control, delivery coordination and inventory.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of administrative/customer service-related experience in an office setting.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
1. Typing, filing, transcription, and/or shorthand.
2. Operate a PC and standard software programs.
3. Prepare expense books.
4. Sort and deliver mail.
5. Make travel arrangements.
6. Coordinate communications by receiving and passing along e-mails, notices, etc.
7. Maintain staff attendance records for vacation, sick days, personal time, etc.
8. Prepare presentation materials and meeting rooms as needed.
9. Maintain records and prepare reports such as organization charts, phone lists, records retention,
budget information, etc.
10. Schedule meetings and maintain calendars.
11. Arrange customer/dealer/consultant visits including lodging, meals, scheduling, meetings, etc.
12. Provide routine maintenance for equipment such as fax, copier, printer, etc. by adding toner,
changing settings or calling for support, etc.
13. Provide other routine administrative duties as required.
At start of day, check incoming emails and take appropriate actions. Look at current checklist of required actions. Review Managers calendars to ensure there are no conflicts and make adjustments as necessary. Remind Managers of important appointments and assist them keeping on track with their schedule. Make sure to have availability for all my key customers and keep everyone updated on my location status. Each day brings different challenges. Hours of work: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
We are a design agency located in Diamond Bar and looking to hire a part time Office/Administrative Assistant to join our small but growing team! Previous experience isn’t a must for us, but we’re looking for someone that’s motivated, quick-on-their-feet, and willing to learn. Ultimately, this position has the potential to become a full time position with the right candidate.
- Assist the office with general administrative tasks
- Screen and direct incoming calls
- Any ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Organize email inbox and respond to emails
- Prepare proposals/quotes
- Post on social media
- Email and phone correspondence with leads and clients
- Prepare and schedule email newsletters
- Organize digital project folders/files
- Organize team tasks
- Schedule meetings and phone calls with clients
For consideration, please submit your resume AND provide a cover letter or write us an email introducing yourself, telling us a little about yourself, and describing why this opportunity may be right for you!
- Willingness to learn is a must.
- Able to multitask, detail oriented, strong organizational skills
- Have excellent time management skills
- Problem solver
- Basic Adobe Illustrator a plus (for editing proposals), but not a must. If not, must be willing to learn.
- Basic Squarespace experience a plus, but not a must. If not, must be willing to learn.
- Familiar with various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook).
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal skills.
$12.50 to $15.00 /hour
Our Company is seeking an Administrative Assistant I for a Federal project. This person will administer, monitor, and control the full range of administrative, clerical and internal management support functions for the Division or Office.
- Monitor and maintain existing internal administrative, clerical and information systems for the Division or Office.
- Ensure that all internal processes, procedures and practices are established, operating efficiently, and are providing the Division Director and associates with information and support necessary for him/her to accomplish the functions of the business line.
- Systems include but are not limited to: correspondence management and control, files establishment and maintenance, directives receipt and distribution, mail receipt and distribution; receipt, screening and referral of phone calls, computer and personal visitors; internal processing of personnel-related functions such as recruitment actions, training/employee development actions, audit report processing, ordering office supplies and travel processing. The person may also be responsible for management and input of the time cards for approximately 30-50 associates.
- Employee may serve as the focal point and information resource for the organization's supervisors and employees on administrative procedures and requirements and should provide procedural advice on administrative procedures.
- Employee should continuously review the effectiveness of administrative processes and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Employee will implement and monitor approved changes to internal administrative processes, coordinate feedback from the organization's supervisors and employees to ensure that administrative processes are supporting the primary mission and functions of the business lines of the organization.
- May perform and/or coordinate with other administrative or contract personnel (ex. clerical, secretarial) within other Divisions, the following functions: receipt and distribution of mail, directives, correspondence, phone, computer and personal visitors; maintenance of the Director's calendar and travel arrangements for Director and staff; maintenance of the organization's files and personnel documents; time and attendance processing; preparation of documents such as travel, training requests; development of critical correspondence for key officials such as the Director.
- Other administrative duties, typical of an administrative assistant in the commercial sector, may be assigned as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of three (3) or more years in an administrative capacity, preferably with a Government agency or contractor.
Contract Length: 3-months
Job ID: 11479886
At Parallon Technology Solutions (PTS), we serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities. Visit our website to learn more about us!
Parallon Technology Solutions is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Nashville, TN.
- Maintain and manage Outlook calendars and email as assigned.
- Schedule meetings (internal/external to the organization) as requested.
- Coordinate and arrange logistics for various meetings/events and external events including meetings, conferences, entertainment, receptions, and dinners.
- Serve as primary contact for office deliveries/mail, office supplies, maintenance issues, equipment requests, new hire set up, etc.
- Assist in onboarding new employees, contractors and vendors.
- Track and report on space utilization in assigned area of responsibility Maintain Outlook distribution lists Code and coordinate all invoices through the approval process.
- Review and allocate expenses through the amex@work reconciliation tool monthly. Provide general administrative support, including making copies, filing, answering phones, delivering mail, sending faxes, drafting and typing correspondence, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- Order supplies for department; monitor associated expenses in relation to the budget Arrange travel as needed, including booking and creating itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports upon request Report PTO/EIB for assigned area of responsibility on a monthly basis.
- Attend meetings, draft meeting minutes and distribute outcomes as requested.
- Produce reports as needed from Planview and HealthStream.
- Bachelor’s degree, very highly preferred.
- 2+ years of relative experience, preferred.
- Flexible in supporting any office projects needing extra attention due to specific deadlines. Assists other administrative support staff in projects and cross-coverage as needed schedule meetings/events using judgment to resolve conflicts.
- Self-motivated and proactive to finish tasks on or before an assigned deadline.
- Able to learn new skills quickly and self-teach when needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
Proactively support internal customer by independently handling all assigned administrative duties and taking direction from and balancing the needs of multiple staff members.
Providing administrative support to clients through effectively maintaining and coordinating calendars, scheduling appointments and meetings, making travel arrangements, telephone coverage (if needed), filing, processing and reconciling T&L expense accounts, handling various purchases and making AP invoice arrangements.
Schedule, plan and organize all logistical details for in-house and off-site meetings, training and events.
Develop PowerPoint presentations and other graphic presentations; type various correspondences both in own signature and in manager’s signature.
Provide general office administrative services.
In some functions, but not all:
o Will support budget management, liaising with finance to ensure costs are monitored and controlled.
o Assist with job candidate interview scheduling o Enter temporary support requests into My Resources or other generating system. o Run reports in excel, access, business objects and other data gathering programs o Input and update data into Oracle databases
o Provide tactical support (answering questions on central sites and on various internal processes and e-tools).
o Help keep organization charts up to date as directed
o Maintain filing and records management systems and other office flow procedures which may be confidential
o At some sites, an administrator may provide payroll support for hourly associates
o Generate, review and file pharmacy reports
o Accurately maintan customer pricing files and complete contract data entry
o Create statistics, send out customer brochures or correspondence, or document leads.
- High School Diploma, GED or local equivalent.
- 2 years secretarial/administrative experience
- Knowledge of general office management and current computer/office communications technologies; expert in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities
- Effectively problem solve and resolve a variety of issues and topics within the job scope
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior level management and corporate contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills including strong grammatical skills
- Associates degree with administrative professional coursework with 3 years’ experience in a corporate or professional business environment in an administrative role OR 5 or more years of experience in a corporate or professional business environment in an administrative role.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
- Previous experience using independent thought processes to plan ahead, process information, maintain workflow and anticipate future needs of the team.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
MGEC Organizational Background
The Minnesota Government Engineers Council (MGEC) is a thousand-member union of state engineers, land surveyor’s and technical engineering specialists. MGEC has two staff positions, that of Executive Director and this position. These staff work closely with members of its Executive Board, the membership and with other unions. MGEC provides contract negotiation, contract enforcement, union representation, union promotion, continuing education, and networking opportunities for members.
MGEC is hiring an Administrative Assistant professional who has strong skills at self-organizing, taking work task initiative, willingness to research answers, goal setting, and an openness to perform a broad range of tasks. This position requires someone who is comfortable working with individuals and groups of people directly. Success in this position is measured by satisfaction of the union membership, satisfaction by the Executive Board and overall success and longevity of
(40%) Manage membership by maintaining and updating organization database (Microsoft Access) of member information, communicating with potential and existing members, coordinating activities with organization membership representatives.
(15%) Implement financial record keeping, bill payment, deposit income, invoicing, payroll and payroll taxes. Prepare and track annual budget.
(15%) Communicate with members and other organizations by responding to questions about MGEC services, activities and events using phone, internet, meeting participation, and internet-based communication programs; provide regular updates or summaries via website or social media.
(10%) Design, create, publish, and archive website using Word Press.
(10%) Manage and facilitate many short-term special projects and events for the membership.
(10%) Manage building including leasing office space, invoicing and working with tenants, coordinating maintenance and repairs, light office cleaning, and managing building needs such as insurance, supplies, and security system.
Work Location: 5874 Blackshire Path, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Work Times: Forty hours a week, Monday – Friday, mostly business hours with occasional meetings at night. Some flexibility of schedule offered and required.
Compensation: $17 - $25 per hour; insurance options include: health, dental, disability, life; sick, holiday, vacation leave; may participate in state pension plan and optional participation in a Simple IRA.
Interested persons should respond to this posting by e-mail to with a resume and cover letter. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Demonstrated abilities/experience to independently, organize, prioritize, and follow through while completing multiple concurrent tasks.
Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote).
Ability to design, create, publish, and archive website using Word Press.
Demonstrated experience of learning different software and data base systems.
Experience performing accounting functions with Intuit QuickBooks, cloud-based program such as Google Docs, and Google Calendar.
Experience writing, grammar, punctuation, and editing skills.
Works well with individuals and small groups.
Demonstrated ability to communicate in person, by text, e-mail, Skype, website and through web communication and social media.
Preferred experience in property management.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!