Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant position will be responsible for the performance of the day-to-day administrative activities while coordinating with the Sales, Purchasing and Production staff to ensure timely deliveries.
Growth potential is available as our company grows - your aptitude and attitude is all you need to succeed!
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and safety of the administrative environment.
- Identify, hire, train, motivate and terminate administrative staff.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable including but not limited to maintaining production schedule, managing customer's accounts, all Invoicing procedures, and collections.
- Directly manage and maintain all databases.
- Manage, verify and correct all outbound shipping costing and billing including tracking, filing claims, correcting bad shipping charges, and calculate outbound shipping and handling costs for customers.
- Responsible for Customer Service including incoming complaints, and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze situations and react in a timely manner.
- Skilled in recording, compiling, and organizing information efficiently and accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills, including discipline, teamwork, and training.
- Human relations skills based in communication, leadership, and delegation experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Other requirements are:
- Stable Work History
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work with a wide range of customers.
- Ability to think on your feet.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software programs as required.
Administrative Assistant - Administration - Full Time
Assists and supports the Administrative Team in the execution of his/her job by performing administrative duties; which make the office run smoothly. Coordinates communications, completes general office duties, coordinates various activities and schedules. Assist with developing and maintaining data and policies and procedures. Assists with report information and data for meetings or special projects. May be expected to assist in other departments on a temporary or ongoing basis.
Associates degree in business or related field preferred. Must possess knowledge of typing, grammar, computers/word processing equipment Necessary traits include verbal and numerical abilities, and the ability to work with minimal supervision . Must be able to work under pressure, and deal with confidential information. 2 or more years of experience as an assistant or related field preferred. .
- Field all incoming customer requests for service.
- Maintain company database through data entry and customer updates.
- Schedule and dispatch technicians, based on customer needs.
- Develop accurate customer billing and invoicing.
- Track technician daily progress and close out work orders daily.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving
- Have an exceptional phone presence and a customer service attitude.
- Must be able to present and sell our services.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) type minimum 50 wpm,
- Able to perform all duties with minimal supervision
- Multi-task with the ability to prioritize your work.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Professional business casual attire.
- Competitive Wages, Paid Time Off and 401K
- Hourly pay $13 -$15 per hour depending on experience.
- Full time position, Mon-Fri, 8-5
Our Client is a prominent Wealth Manager headquartered in Cincinnati. Due to growth, they’re looking to add an Administrative Assistant to their Wealth Management team. Exceptional opportunity for long term growth and professional development.
The Admin plays a key role within the Wealth Management team, as well as the Firm’s Operations group. The CSA will support the Firm’s UHNW Clients, with heavy interaction with the Relationship Managers and the Wealth Advisors to ensure a superior client experience. The CSA is a critical role within the firm and will provide high touch client servicing to the Firm’s Clients and support to the Wealth Advisory team.
- Provide support to High Net Worth Wealth Management Clients and internal support to the Wealth Management Team.
- High touch support to the Clients includes, scheduling Client appointments, internal and external account transfers, wires, managing all new client paper work, overseeing Schwab documents and client paperwork and Envestnet updates.
- Manage leads and new clients’ documents in Salesforce.
- Manage Wealth Advisor’s email and calendar in Outlook.
- Prepare materials for Client meetings, including the conference rooms, welcome clients, and handle any immediate needs before meeting.
- Help develop and implement improved work flow procedures as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree is not required, but strongly preferred.
- Experience within Financial Services OR Professional Services is preferred, not required.
- Strong technical skills, specifically within Microsoft Office. Ideally, experience working in Envestnet, MTC, Schwab Institutional, and Salesforce.
- Experience interacting with financial or professional services clients.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and be proactive, making logical suggestions and ‘raising your hand’ to make recommendations.
Please Contact Kim Garrison, email@example.com to discuss further.
Know someone who may be a perfect fit? We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and accept CONFIDENTIAL referrals, please send Kim name and contact information. We will not use your name when reaching out.
Post a Job
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the Generation Palo Alto office and partner with programs in the Generation sector. The position will also provide local support, as needed to these two groups in addition to providing support to the Generation Operations Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support including word processing, presentation slides and production of reports.
• Provide dedicated administrative support for multiple Generation programs, activities may include:
o Schedule and coordinate meetings and webcasts
o Develop and maintain the database of important committees/contacts/contracts
o Track and follow-up on various action items to ensure schedules and due dates are met
o Coordinate calendars to manage priorities and avoid conflicts
o Order office supplies and coordinate delivery of mail
o Develop and maintain file systems
o Support onsite and offsite meetings, as needed
• Assist sector with member meetings including meeting materials and communications.
• Assist in the creation/implementation of processes to support the organization, and perform other duties as assigned
• College degree (or high school diploma with equivalent level of work experience)
• Minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience or equivalent experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure to meet short deadlines, while supporting multiple staff
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities
• Willingness to take on new tasks, learn new systems, and get jobs done efficiently with minimal oversight.
• High-level proficiency with the support systems, and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience or equivalent experience
Ability to work under pressure to meet short deadlines, while supporting multiple staff
Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities
College degree (or high school diploma with equivalent level of work experience)
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Experience with SAP and/or CRM systems
Senior Administrative Assistant
|Tags||Senior Administrative Assistant|
A leading software company is looking for an experienced Senior Executive Administrative Assistant for their team in Redmond. This person will be responsible for supporting the GM with calendar, travel, ad-hoc items, expenses, etc.
- Support GM with calendar, travel, adhoc items, expenses, etc.
- Checking the GM’s calendar and making sure there are no changes and if changes ensuring the calendar is up to date.
- Quick sync with the incumbent to ensure they are on same page.
- Expenses that come through and making sure they are submitted in timely manner.
- Planning travel (GM does travel both domestically and internationally. Admin booking for travel).
- Team support and ensuring they have what they need in terms of hardware/suppliers and connecting with other admins on the team to ensure items are getting completed.
- Adhoc items.
- 2-5+ years of Business Administrator experience supporting executive/management.
- Experience interacting with Executives and experience providing professional support (calendaring, travel, expense reports, team support (on adhoc basis) and supporting team
- Experience speaking to the business within the company or other corporate level company.
- Experience with MS Excel (reviewing data in-between tabs, filtering), calendaring (Outlook), and Word.
This is a 6 month contract position with Big Public Trading Company in Arlington , VA. Pay rate $20.
- Managing the day-to-day administrative affairs of several Corporate leadership team members, including maintaining the calendar via MS Outlook, scheduling conference calls and meetings
- Coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements (air, hotel accommodations and ground transportation), preparing detailed itineraries and assuring accuracy and timely delivery of plans/tickets to travelers
- Preparing and submitting expense reports within specified timeframes
- Providing telephone coverage including answering incoming calls, screening calls, determining nature of call and whether or not it requires the attention of the appropriate leader, taking messages, and initiating responses promptly. Whenever possible, responds to caller directly based on knowledge of the leader's preferences, office functions, policy, priorities, availability, etc.
- Processes all incoming correspondence, prioritizing and determining its disposition
- Preparing presentations for executive discussions/meetings, internally and externally, as well as Board meetings, including providing immediate manager(s) with background information and/or supporting documents
- Using Excel as needed to analyze data and create reports as necessary
- Assisting with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks, partnering internally and coordinating with external parties
- Facilitating requests and other action items on behalf of other Company executives and immediate manager(s)
- Resolving various day-to-day issues and problems of diverse scope, requiring independent judgment and critical thinking
- Will be required to gain an in depth understanding of the Company’s operations, policies, and procedures
- Responding to and handling confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, diplomacy and a high degree of discretion
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Previous experience in Banking and/or Financial Services Industry, preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically MS Outlook, Excel, and Power Point for financial reports, presentations, and other special projects, as required; knowledge of VISIO is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Self-starter, extremely organized and detailed-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to handle details of a highly confidential nature and close interaction with high level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside of the company.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Must be versatile and flexible to shift projects as priorities change
Administrative Assistant Travel/Finance - SW DC
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for well qualified Administrative Assistant for contract work in SW DC Area. MUST have experience working with GovTrip and other Federal Systems
Working hours will take place Monday through Friday for a total not to exceed 8 hours per day, or 40 hours per week. Daily working hours may be 8 hours from 9a-5:30pm with a 30 minute lunch.
TDY will consider a candidate’s compliance with the application instructions to be indicative of the type of conduct that it may expect from the candidate during employment. Therefore, failure to comply with these instructions may be grounds for exclusion from employment consideration.
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified. Preference given to applicants with previous medical clerical experience. Must have computer experience. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment. You must have computer experience beyond using the internet and email!
This is not a government job, this is a contract position with the government.
The contractor receives visitors and callers, makes travel arrangements producing travel orders and vouchers in a timely manner.
Travel documents are prepared using a web-based application. Prepares and submits correspondence, reports and other documents pertaining to activities of the Director/HARC and other senior staff as directed. Works closely with the Director/HARC to procure services and/or products required for meetings, conferences, etc. Should have familiarity with financial reports, financial transaction entry. Accurately enters all financial transactions (purchase card, travel, contracts, etc.) on a daily basis into a
web-based database that tracks planned and real-time expenditures. Must be detailed oriented. Knowledge of the most current versions of MS Office Suite and/or data entry and spreadsheets. In support of the Director/Humphrey Administrative Resource Center, maintains her calendar ensuring that conflicts are minimized to the extent possible. The contractor shall produce quality business correspondence. Skills required involve working with multiple drafts simultaneously and careful attention to detail to assure completeness and accuracy. The contractor shall assist in the preparation and production of briefing books and documents for various meetings. These activities typically occur under tight time constraints.
The contractor shall assist in producing presentations utilizing Microsoft Power Point.
The contractor shall document messages accurately, convey a friendly and helpful manner during in person as well as during telephone interactions, demonstrate an ability to follow instructions, and operate efficiently under pressure.
The contractor must possess skills in business writing. The contractor shall demonstrate the ability to produce adequate/accurate written communications to include all forms of written communications electronic and otherwise.
The contractor shall perform light research related to health issues using various sources (e.g., internet,
online libraries, contacting vendors, partners, organizations and other federal, state or local government
The contractor shall perform typing, word processing, and secretarial services including: copying, filing,
faxing, scanning, taking messages, sorting mail, creating documents and spreadsheets in Microsoft Office
2007. This also includes the pickup and delivery of action requests (files/correspondence) to various
Requirement 1: Office Presentation and General Skills
1.1 Establishes appropriate and constructive relationships with colleagues and supervisors that forward
the Office mission.
1.2 Ability to balance independent action with appropriate request for guidance on projects and
interactions with colleagues.
1.3 Proactive in identifying inefficiencies and proposing alternative business processes to streamline and
1.4 Ability to manage priorities in consultation with supervisor.
1.5 Preparation of correspondence in conformance with federal procedures and requirements.
1.6 Filing, document receipt, and routing.
1.7 Draft administrative standard operating procedures in consultation with other staff, maintain office
policies and documents, and maintain confidentiality.
1.8 Manage parking, travel and conference request, approval, and reimbursement processes.
1.9 Identify and propose designs for new tracking systems to streamline office functions and maintain
1.10 Liaison with federal agencies, operating divisions, and OS offices to support OASH activities and
1.11 Order supplies and maintain sufficient supplies in office.
1.12 Liaison with facilities and/or front office for repairs, equipment problems.
1.13 Facilitate maintenance of efficient working environment for team.
Requirement 2: Calendar Management
2.1 Schedule ad hoc and regular meetings and respond to meeting invitations with internal and external
stakeholders through use of the electronic calendar system, email, and telephone as appropriate.
2.2 Actively manage calendar and daily schedule to identify and resolve competing priorities.
2.3 Manage logistics of and compile materials for meetings including agendas, attachments, scheduling
rooms where necessary, anticipate travel requirements, escorting guests for meetings, monitoring
and tracking changes among other duties as necessary.
Requirement 3: Information technology
3.1 Serve as liaison to IT Department to trouble shoot and resolve computer and blackberry problems,
inventory equipment, etc.
3.2 Establish and maintain share drives to facilitate work product development.
3.3 Demonstrate proficiency in Federal software systems.
3.4 Develop and edit documents for meetings, briefings, etc. through proficient use of Excel, Power
Point, Word, and other Federal software.
3.4.1 Enter numerical and narrative content, be knowledgeable about software functionality
including formulas (Excel), animation (power point), and others to create advanced level
documents and presentations.
3.4.2 One year experience with GovTrip and other Federal administrative systems.
3.5 Proficiency in setting up and using audio-visual equipment, audio conferencing, and other
Skills Required :
Must have no less than a high school diploma
At least TWO years of experience
STRONG computer skills are required and must show on resume
Experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Pro
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees at varying grade levels; and to
provide optimal customer service; to both internal and external customers.
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.
Procurement Technician/ Senior Administrative Assistant
Strativia is seeking a Procurement Technician/Senior Administrative Assistant for a Federal client.
- Must have at least three (3) to five (5) years of experience
- Must have experience and be proficient with Desktop PCs and laptops capable of running Windows 2000 or greater
- Must have experience and be proficient with Desktop Printers and Scanners
- Must have experience and be proficient with shared office copier and fax machine
- Must have experience and be proficient with Windows 2000 or greater
- Must have experience and be proficient with MS Office 97 or greater
- Must have experience and be proficient with MS Internet Explorer
- Must have experience and be proficient with Google/Google Docs
- Shall have strong customer service skills
- Shall have a Help Desk, Account Management and/or Sales background with a focus on Customer Service
- Shall have the ability to listen to customers and provide feedback as well as make suggestions to enhance their overall experience.
- Shall have the ability to write formulas, run reports, and use Microsoft Excel with limited supervision
- Shall have the ability to conduct Market Research
- Shall have the ability to analyze trends and make suggestions
- Shall have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of staff
- Shall have strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Shall have the ability to remain organized, multi-task and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Shall possess a professional demeanor with the ability to display a calm and patient attitude while interacting with the customer.
- Shall have strong interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
- Shall be comfortable with complex and frequently changing requirements and processes
- Shall have the ability to work in a busy environment with frequent distractions and interruptions
- Shall be capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Shall prepare and submit Closeouts documents to CO within 125 calendar days from the end of the Period of Performance or delivery date.
- Shall pick-up, receive, sort, route, and process all incoming U.S. mail and/or other delivered correspondence. The contractor shall pack, lift, carry, or move with handcart any files, boxes, etc. necessary to perform the mail functions.
- Shall also be responsible for copying/scanning documents, electronic/manual data entry, employee time card maintenance, project reports, typing/filing of official correspondence in support of training, personnel and other administrative functions, as required
Location: Atlanta, GA
Education: Associates Degree
Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets
Post a Job
Administrative Assistant With Receptionist Duties
This is a temp-to-hire contract position.
This position would be the point of contact for all Administrative/Receptionist, Office Management, and assist with Project Coordinating.
As the first point of contact the Receptionist role is critical in a lasting positive impression for our employees, clients and visitors. This role involves greeting visitors, answering incoming calls to the main phone line, and managing guest traffic in a professional and efficient manner. Additional responsibilities include various administrative support and clerical duties.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, answering inquiries, and directing them to the appropriate location
- Answer main telephone line, provide information to callers, transfer calls, take and relay messages as appropriate
- Maintain security practices for visitors by following procedures
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources and Facilites department
- Office supply ordering and maintaining supply room inventory
- Coordinate and plan company events as requested
- Assist with shipping and receiving of packages
- Assist with other office services such us copying and binding
- Assist with creating and issuing security badges, gym badges, etc.
- Work with HR in scheduling phone and/or onsite interviews, and other HR related duties and projects
- Maintain a safe, clean and presentable reception area for positive first impression
- Fedex and shipping support
- Strong office clerical and administrative skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Should be honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Experience and discretion in handling confidential information and circumstances
- Should be flexible, adaptable and possess a can-do attitude
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred