Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Administrative Assistant
Experience: Requires proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. Must possess good communication and listening skills, be detailed, and customer service oriented.
D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. offers an array of solutions for transformational needs. Our company specializes in bus remanufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversions.
|JOB TITLE:||Administrative Assistant||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Director of Operations is responsible for support by performing various clerical tasks and conducting specialized duties and office support functions
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Write purchase orders
- Input and track attendance
- Inventory Control consisting of: measuring fluids, cycle counting
- Maintaining inventory software
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- 2 + years’ experience in an administrative Assistant role
- Experience in fast paced work environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Access
- A strong demenstration of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workload and develop an organized plan of processing and follow through
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with commitment to high performance, quality and service excellence
- Ability to work under pressure and under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of these methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
- 4211 E. Saunders St. Laredo, TX 78041
Post a Job
Legal Executive Administrative Assistant
- Duties of Administrative Assistant
- Greeting clients and answering phones
- Direct client contact and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and by telephone with clients, counsel and various court personnel
- Manage executive’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, conferences and group events.
- Ensure that all files are organized and maintained
- Draft pleadings, correspondence and documents
- Ability to travel to and from various Courthouses on an as needed basis
- Perform legal and non-legal research using various research tools
- Assist with adhoc projects as needed.
- Manages time effectively, exercises good judgment in setting priorities to complete tasks to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and ability to balance and maintain workload.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks with deadlines and work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Wordand Outlook
Registered Administrative Assistant
The primary responsibilities of this position are to organize and ensure proper completion of client paperwork during the transition process as well as opening and servicing client accounts. Candidate must be willing to travel to our regional offices to assist new advisors with post-transition account activities.
Ideal candidate has:
- Ability to understand financial planning concepts, recognize/read personal and corporate financial documents, take direction, and facilitate interaction with outside resources
- Superior technical skills, comfort level with financial planning software, especially eMoney
- Strong analytical skills with background in finance, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills (including presentation and interpersonal skills) Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively to a wide range of customers
- Strong client focus, ability to independently and proactively analyze and resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
- Background in the investment advisory industry
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and be a “think ahead” type of person and work well in a team
- Strong ethical standards in working with confidential client information
- Put together seminars and programs for the firm
- 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting. Or without a degree, 3+ years of working on financial plans, investment background (mutual funds and annuities) and/or life insurance concepts
- A securities license, or insurance licensing, LH, and series 6 or 7 preferred. Series 65 a plus
- Ability to read and analyze existing financial documents and spreadsheets
- Financial Planning Software: strong background in eMoney or others
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Sr. Administrative Assistant - 7308735
Sr. Administrative Assistant
Provides administrative support to two Vice Presidents and their teams through a variety of tasks related to calendar management, expense reporting, travel coordination and overall organization and communication. Completes tasks accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Familiarity with Enterprise software such as Oracle, Salesforce, Workday, and similar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment.
- Makes constructive use of feedback from others.
- Seeks out answers and resources.
- Detailed-oriented, organized approach to performing and reviewing work.
- Collaborative and proactive team player. Self-directed with the ability to multi-task under tight time constraints.
- Commitment to continuous learning, flexibility, quality commitment and good relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly and problem solve.
- 6 - 9
Successful candidates have developed their capabilities through a combination of classroom and work experience. High school diploa or GED required. Post a Job
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Provides administrative support to the Training Department. Partners with Department Manager to coordinate administrative activities. Performs a variety of administrative support to assist staff members with daily projects. Works with internal personnel to support the Standardized Task Evaluation (STE) program and the implementation of the Learning Management System (LMS).
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Provide administrative support including word processing, slides and presentations and production of reports.
• Including shipping and receiving of packages.
• Coordinate calendars to manage priorities and avoid conflicts.
• Track financial (and budget) information
• Assist in the creation / implementation of processes to support the organization.
• Adds information into the STE registry.
• Updates STE exams and other supporting documents.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and conference rooms.
• Enters detailed information into Vision, Brillium and LMS to ensure training programs are aligned.
• Require High School diploma.
• Require 2 to 4 years of experience as a secretary/administrative assistant. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work under pressure to meet short deadlines, while supporting multiple staff.
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities. Strong cooperative teaming attitude is a must. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers, including facilities and lab vendors.
• Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and other specialized programs used. Working proficiency with Cvent, SAP and other specialized business applications is a plus.
• Internet-savvy to navigate internet in searching for timely and relevant information as necessary.
Strong written and communication skills. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office. Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; 2 - 4 years of administrative experience
Office Administrative Assistant - Entry Level / Recent Graduate
L V Optometry is seeking an Office Administrator to support our thriving practice in Millbrae Plaza on El Camino Real
SCHEDULED DAYS / HOURS:
- Typically, Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- May be required to stay later depending on patient schedule
SUMMARY: The Office Administrator is responsible to provide a range of procedures and tasks. These tasks include assisting the optometrist before and during eye examinations and delivery of quality patient care as well as assisting in the day to day patient administration and office activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides patient pre-screening eye tests, including but not limited to: retinal photography, auto refraction, visual field testing, lensometry, stereopsis, color blindness, and eye pressure.
- Provide basic work-up for optometrist, including taking histories and visual acuities as well as reviewing records for accuracy
- Assists front desk with scheduling appointments and making follow up calls to patients.
- Other duties as assigned by Optometrist and other associates.
- Prepares the room for patients by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests when applicable.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients, answering telephone, taking messages and completing forms. Instruct patients on wearing schedule and insertion and removal of contacts.
- Maintain inventory; replenish as necessary.
- Maintain quality control standards;
- Ensure total patient satisfaction.
L V Optometry, Inc.
1075 El Camino Real
Millbrae, CA 94030
Post a Job
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to self-motivate to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Organized approach to tasks
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to handle title issues and problems as needed
- Basic typing skills
Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Description: Basic Function:
Perform a wide variety of administrative duties of a highly confidential and sensitive nature, in support of the top executive of a major functional area or profit center. Promote and implement measures to improve customer relations. Guide and instruct new support staff.
Typical duties/responsibilities for administration may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Compose correspondence and release under own signature, as authorized. Produce a variety of documents using various software packages. Manipulate data on spreadsheets and/or database software programs, utilizing new formulae and formats, as applicable.
Maintain executive's calendar, exercising judgment and tact in coordinating meetings and making appointments for Company and outside personnel. Prioritize and annotate mail, highlighting and attaching relevant information.
As authorized, prepare responses or obtain information for responses from other staff. Establish and maintain confidential executive filing systems, including follow-up files, which permit timely and accurate reference to business matters.
Assist in developing, preparing, analyzing and controlling the budget. Prepare, for review and signature, expense reports that may involve exchange rate calculations. May maintain a computer tracking system for budget purposes, produce-related reports, and reconcile- department charges.
Coordinate with other management and outside personnel to obtain, assemble, format, and disseminate information necessary for standard and special requests.
Answer and route telephone calls, transmitting decisions and instructions and answering inquiries to aid executive in the resolution of routine matters. Receive and assist visitors, recommending other contacts for them, as appropriate.
Make complete travel arrangements and coordinate meetings and conferences with customers' high level executives. Arrange for facilities, transportation, lodging and special activities. Guide and instruct new or less experienced staff and advise those regarding technical or administrative problems.
Complexity of Tasks: Under relatively infrequent supervision, exercise discretion and judgment to perform varied administrative duties that may present complex problems.
Requires thorough understanding of techniques, practices and procedures related to specific assignment and general knowledge of related functions in support of top executive responsible for a major functional area or profit center. Independently set priorities for completion of varied administrative and project-oriented duties typically involving highly confidential business and personnel information. Requires strong communication skills to effectively interface and coordinate activities involving Company executives and customers.
Qualifications: High School diploma and over 9 years of experience or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Prior experience in Human Resources helpful, but not required.
Post a Job
Administrative Assistant Travel/Finance - SW DC
TDY Medical Staffing, Inc. is currently looking for well qualified Administrative Assistant for contract work in SW DC Area. MUST have experience working with GovTrip and other Federal Systems
Working hours will take place Monday through Friday for a total not to exceed 8 hours per day, or 40 hours per week. Daily working hours may be 8 hours from 9a-5:30pm with a 30 minute lunch.
TDY will consider a candidate’s compliance with the application instructions to be indicative of the type of conduct that it may expect from the candidate during employment. Therefore, failure to comply with these instructions may be grounds for exclusion from employment consideration.
Please read everything below before applying and only apply if you are fully qualified. Preference given to applicants with previous medical clerical experience. Must have computer experience. Please submit a resume with 3 professional references - please list your skills online in the area provided after you hit the APPLY button. If you do not submit a resume with professional references, you will not be considered for employment.
TDY does extensive background checks, reference checks and pre-hire/random drug screening as a condition of employment. You must have computer experience beyond using the internet and email!
This is not a government job, this is a contract position with the government.
The contractor receives visitors and callers, makes travel arrangements producing travel orders and vouchers in a timely manner.
Travel documents are prepared using a web-based application. Prepares and submits correspondence, reports and other documents pertaining to activities of the Director/HARC and other senior staff as directed. Works closely with the Director/HARC to procure services and/or products required for meetings, conferences, etc. Should have familiarity with financial reports, financial transaction entry. Accurately enters all financial transactions (purchase card, travel, contracts, etc.) on a daily basis into a
web-based database that tracks planned and real-time expenditures. Must be detailed oriented. Knowledge of the most current versions of MS Office Suite and/or data entry and spreadsheets. In support of the Director/Humphrey Administrative Resource Center, maintains her calendar ensuring that conflicts are minimized to the extent possible. The contractor shall produce quality business correspondence. Skills required involve working with multiple drafts simultaneously and careful attention to detail to assure completeness and accuracy. The contractor shall assist in the preparation and production of briefing books and documents for various meetings. These activities typically occur under tight time constraints.
The contractor shall assist in producing presentations utilizing Microsoft Power Point.
The contractor shall document messages accurately, convey a friendly and helpful manner during in person as well as during telephone interactions, demonstrate an ability to follow instructions, and operate efficiently under pressure.
The contractor must possess skills in business writing. The contractor shall demonstrate the ability to produce adequate/accurate written communications to include all forms of written communications electronic and otherwise.
The contractor shall perform light research related to health issues using various sources (e.g., internet,
online libraries, contacting vendors, partners, organizations and other federal, state or local government
The contractor shall perform typing, word processing, and secretarial services including: copying, filing,
faxing, scanning, taking messages, sorting mail, creating documents and spreadsheets in Microsoft Office
2007. This also includes the pickup and delivery of action requests (files/correspondence) to various
Requirement 1: Office Presentation and General Skills
1.1 Establishes appropriate and constructive relationships with colleagues and supervisors that forward
the Office mission.
1.2 Ability to balance independent action with appropriate request for guidance on projects and
interactions with colleagues.
1.3 Proactive in identifying inefficiencies and proposing alternative business processes to streamline and
1.4 Ability to manage priorities in consultation with supervisor.
1.5 Preparation of correspondence in conformance with federal procedures and requirements.
1.6 Filing, document receipt, and routing.
1.7 Draft administrative standard operating procedures in consultation with other staff, maintain office
policies and documents, and maintain confidentiality.
1.8 Manage parking, travel and conference request, approval, and reimbursement processes.
1.9 Identify and propose designs for new tracking systems to streamline office functions and maintain
1.10 Liaison with federal agencies, operating divisions, and OS offices to support OASH activities and
1.11 Order supplies and maintain sufficient supplies in office.
1.12 Liaison with facilities and/or front office for repairs, equipment problems.
1.13 Facilitate maintenance of efficient working environment for team.
Requirement 2: Calendar Management
2.1 Schedule ad hoc and regular meetings and respond to meeting invitations with internal and external
stakeholders through use of the electronic calendar system, email, and telephone as appropriate.
2.2 Actively manage calendar and daily schedule to identify and resolve competing priorities.
2.3 Manage logistics of and compile materials for meetings including agendas, attachments, scheduling
rooms where necessary, anticipate travel requirements, escorting guests for meetings, monitoring
and tracking changes among other duties as necessary.
Requirement 3: Information technology
3.1 Serve as liaison to IT Department to trouble shoot and resolve computer and blackberry problems,
inventory equipment, etc.
3.2 Establish and maintain share drives to facilitate work product development.
3.3 Demonstrate proficiency in Federal software systems.
3.4 Develop and edit documents for meetings, briefings, etc. through proficient use of Excel, Power
Point, Word, and other Federal software.
3.4.1 Enter numerical and narrative content, be knowledgeable about software functionality
including formulas (Excel), animation (power point), and others to create advanced level
documents and presentations.
3.4.2 One year experience with GovTrip and other Federal administrative systems.
3.5 Proficiency in setting up and using audio-visual equipment, audio conferencing, and other
Skills Required :
Must have no less than a high school diploma
At least TWO years of experience
STRONG computer skills are required and must show on resume
Experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Pro
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees at varying grade levels; and to
provide optimal customer service; to both internal and external customers.
Once you hit the “Apply Now” button, you will be directed to enter into your information into our website general application – There will be several questions asked to ensure our Affirmative Action/EEOC compliance.
TDY is a federal contractor and as such is required to provide self-identification questions regarding race/gender/disability/veteran status to all qualified applicants. We offer all applicants the VOLUNTARY opportunity to respond to the questions.
You are under no obligation to respond to the questions and not answering the questions will have no impact on the application process or hiring decisions. Your responses are not seen by the hiring authority and have zero impact on our decision making process. Submitting this general application is not an offer of employment and does not a guarantee that the application process will proceed.