Administrative Assistant Job Description Sample
|JOB TITLE:||Administrative Assistant||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Director of Operations is responsible for support by performing various clerical tasks and conducting specialized duties and office support functions
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Write purchase orders
- Input and track attendance
- Inventory Control consisting of: measuring fluids, cycle counting
- Maintaining inventory software
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- 2 + years’ experience in an administrative Assistant role
- Experience in fast paced work environment
- Proficient in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Access
- A strong demenstration of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize workload and develop an organized plan of processing and follow through
- Organizational and planning skills
- Communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic with commitment to high performance, quality and service excellence
- Ability to work under pressure and under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of these methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Duties include but not limited to:
- Data collection, processing, and analysis in support of specific management systems (Action Tracker, etc.), including analyses of quantitative and qualitative survey data.
- Manage flow of correspondence, classified and unclassified.
- Produce, coordinate, and distribute of unclassified and classified documents.
- Coordinate, distribute and maintain facsimile records. Program and operate speed dial on fax machines; Maintain the calendar for senior management program officials. Keep senior management and staff members informed of relevant organizational events.
- Distribute and track action items to appropriate program and departmental elements.
- Review, screen, control, maintain records, and coordinate responses on incoming correspondence.
- Edit and produce final copy of formal correspondence, correspondence summaries, briefings, reports and a wide variety of other analytical, process flow, financial spreadsheets, narratives, tabular and statistical documents.
- Review documents for official signature, coordination or concurrence, for accuracy and completeness, conformance with style, format, or procedural requirements and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain office files and databases, including electronic data files architecture consistent with industry standard file storage/structure methodologies.
- Assist in preparing inter-agency meeting or conferences and setting up teleconferences and videoconferences.
- Coordinate training for personnel assigned.
- Coordinate long distance travel for staff personnel assigned.
- Assist with official visitor arrangements.
- Oversee all office administrative functions.
- Draft as needed and maintain administrative procedures such as contact lists and shared calendars.
- Interface with other support services including internal and external organizational POCs.
- Support legislative analysis, tracking and administrative support to facilitate programmatic activities.
- Assist and facilitate program offices in the development of strategic plans, business plans, and long-term planning documents with activities including facilitating group meetings, meeting preparations, providing drafts of meeting minutes, road-mapping activities, and desktop publishing.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced organization. Multitasking is essential.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Pleasant, tactful and professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Must perform well under pressure and high workloads, and be able to communicate effectively.
- U.S. Citizenship
You must be a US CITIZEN - an active DoD Secret Security clearance preferred
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Aegis Corps, Inc. is a growing company and there may be opportunities for advancement. We have a generous benefits package including health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, 10 holidays, company provided life insurance and a 401K.
Aegis Corps, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Unisys is a global information technology ("IT") company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Located at our Global Headquarters in Blue Bell, Pa, the Administrative Assistant will provide advanced administrative support for the Law Department and Compliance Office, exercising a high level of diplomacy, influence and professionalism to achieve business objectives. This position will ensure the smooth coordination and completion of activities related to scheduling, correspondence, events and surrogate duties for attorneys and other professionals. The successful candidate will be capable of managing the most highly sensitive and company critical information with the utmost confidentiality and have the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task, while maintaining a high level of professionalism, as well as have the confidence to make informed judgment calls and be self-motivated.
Provide Administrative Support to the Law Department and Compliance Office; gain knowledge and efficiently execute administrative processes and procedures used by the organization.
Provide document support using Microsoft and Google suites of office products, including SharePoint.
Process invoices from vendors and manage e-billing tools.
Schedule all travel ensuring cost containment measures are adhered to, prepare travel itineraries and expense reports for assignments as well as for the Board of Directors.
Monitor email inbox, ensuring attention is drawn to important emails and that administrative matters are addressed.
Track expenses against department budgets and assist in quarterly budget analysis.
Organize team meetings/conferences and coordinate logistics, attendees, agenda, materials and communication.
Ensure that attorneys and other professionals are informed at all times of scheduled commitments.
Plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize and manage workload while remaining cognizant of changing priorities and competing deadlines. Work through issues and meet deadlines.
Input, edit, retrieve, format, transmit diverse reports and documents utilizing computer databases, spreadsheets, and other software packages with accuracy.
Collect and analyze relevant data to make accurate and timely decisions on a variety of issues.
Research information to support organization as necessary.
Serve as a liaison between managers and staff by relaying instructions and information and following commitments through to completion.
Compose correspondence and emails.
Handle and process information of a highly confidential and critical nature and ensure information remains confidential.
Conduct special projects as needed such as gathering, analyzing and preparing annual budget materials and reports, and materials for meetings.
Work with other administrative assistants to share and coordinate workload.
High school diploma/GED required; minimum 7 years related experience with increasing responsibilities
Business Associates degree helpful
Must have high level of proficiency in the use of desktop tools such as the Microsoft and Google Suite of office products
Experience with electronic billing tools, automated travel and expense systems and SharePoint preferred
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for communicating with internal and external personnel of all levels
Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with all levels, including senior leadership and the Board of Directors, directly or virtually
Accustomed to taking the initiative and making independent decisions/judgments regarding work priorities
Thorough attention to detail, with a commitment to high quality work and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Exemplary customer service skills
Aptitude for learning quickly
Ability to demonstrate flexibility when managing multiple priorities
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Payette, based in downtown Boston, is a leading architectural design firm specializing in the programming, planning, and design of complex buildings for medical and scientific research, academic teaching, healthcare, and corporate research. We provide a dynamic and collaborative environment which allows our employees to succeed.
In recognition of the quality of the firm's work and professional leadership, Payette received the 2019 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice.
Payette has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant. This position will support the firm's design work and Principals.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
A minimum of five (5) years of relevant administrative experience – reporting to more than one person.
Advanced computer skills as well as a strong grasp of Microsoft Office to support the production of documents.
Event planning experience for external firm-sponsored events
Managing expense reporting for upper management
Experience booking travel, including international travel, and capability to troubleshoot last minute travel emergencies.
The ideal candidate will also have:
An undergraduate college degree (BA/BS).
Strong organization skills with an eye for detail.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and work well under deadlines.
Experience with calendar management and maintenance for Principals
Ability to become familiar with ongoing projects, including the executives involved, to ensure projects run smoothly.
Creativity, versatility and persistence to complete a number of administrative duties.
Collaborating with various departments across the firm to complete a number of administrative duties.
Ability to work under pressure
Payette is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Resumes submitted online will be considered. Please note for all documents (resume and cover letter), the maximum files size is 5 MB.
Start a new career with IBP of Biloxi, a part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies. We are one of the largest insulation installers serving the U.S. residential new construction market with 135+ locations serving 48 states in the continental U.S. IBP has successfully grown through acquisitions and we continue to do so. Although installing insulation is our niche we are also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware.
You can become a part of a growing company with the opportunities to learn new skills and build a career with IBP of Biloxi!
IBP offers the following benefits:
401k with company match
On the Job Training
Paid Certification (if applicable)
Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Administrative Assistant - is responsible for assisting in the office and completing monthly billing.
Communicate daily on contracts, billing information with builders.
Responsible for meeting month end billing deadlines
Assist with incoming calls and supports receptionist
Enter job work orders into Job Core system
Input invoices and tracks payments
Responsible for data entry of AR and balancing account receivables
Type various memos, correspondence, reports and other documents.
Miscellaneous office duties including, but not limited to, filing, data entry, purchasing office supplies, processing ingoing/outgoing mail
1-3 years of previous receptionist/ administrative assistant experience in construction industry or related field
High School Diploma or GED, required
Proficient in Microsoft office products including word, excel, Power-Point and outlook.
Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
Excellent data entry skills
Experience with AR, AP, billing and payroll processing experience a plus
Must be transparent, reliable and conscientious as well as have a positive attitude
Work independently or with others in a dynamic environment
Operate general office equipment for example; fax machine, copier, scanner and etc.
Must be able to work under pressure and prioritized work based on urgency
Fluent in Spanish a plus
Registered Notary a plus
Position requires a drug test be completed, contingent upon employment and a background check if applicable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to lift light to moderate weight, as well as sit for extended periods of time.
Experience using a computer.
- Office environment.
EEO StatementIBP is an equal opportunity employer.
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast,. We provide full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with for our Forsyth County, GA team in Suwanee, GA. We are looking for candidates capable of working with internal and external customers including representing ESG Operations, Inc. to our client, customers, and team members. Job duties will include administrative and accounting functions such as AP/AR, budgeting, payroll coordination, purchasing, data entry, file maintenance, correspondence and report generation.
- Process employee payroll, set up and maintain personnel records in database, and serve as information resource for employees on matters relating to payroll or employee benefits
- Assist departmental staff with preparation of documents such as correspondence, memoranda, bids, reports, spreadsheets, e-mails, ordinances, or resolutions
- Handle payables, entering, approving, and paying bills of responsibility; assist with preparation of annual budget; enter and approve requisitions; balance revenue received (when applicable)
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials for area of responsibility; requisition or pick up inventory materials as required; prepare purchase orders for large items or repairs; manage contracts for service
- Perform clerical tasks such as data entry, answering telephones, taking messages, returning calls, faxing, photocopying, filing, or sorting mail
- Gather and maintain information/data to support periodic and special reports and channels/distributes to appropriate personnel or departments as needed
- Attend staff and other professional meetings to exchange information and/or take and transcribe minutes; schedules meetings as needed
- Development of procedures and constant decisions affecting customers, or others in the general public;
- Work with independence and flexibility in a very fluid environment with guidelines but significant variations
- Requires high school diploma or GED; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Minimum of two years of college or specialized vocational training in public administration, accounting, secretarial skills, computer technology, business administration, or a closely related field
- Strong detail-oriented work style
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Our Company is seeking an Administrative Assistant I for a Federal project. This person will administer, monitor, and control the full range of administrative, clerical and internal management support functions for the Division or Office.
- Monitor and maintain existing internal administrative, clerical and information systems for the Division or Office.
- Ensure that all internal processes, procedures and practices are established, operating efficiently, and are providing the Division Director and associates with information and support necessary for him/her to accomplish the functions of the business line.
- Systems include but are not limited to: correspondence management and control, files establishment and maintenance, directives receipt and distribution, mail receipt and distribution; receipt, screening and referral of phone calls, computer and personal visitors; internal processing of personnel-related functions such as recruitment actions, training/employee development actions, audit report processing, ordering office supplies and travel processing. The person may also be responsible for management and input of the time cards for approximately 30-50 associates.
- Employee may serve as the focal point and information resource for the organization's supervisors and employees on administrative procedures and requirements and should provide procedural advice on administrative procedures.
- Employee should continuously review the effectiveness of administrative processes and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Employee will implement and monitor approved changes to internal administrative processes, coordinate feedback from the organization's supervisors and employees to ensure that administrative processes are supporting the primary mission and functions of the business lines of the organization.
- May perform and/or coordinate with other administrative or contract personnel (ex. clerical, secretarial) within other Divisions, the following functions: receipt and distribution of mail, directives, correspondence, phone, computer and personal visitors; maintenance of the Director's calendar and travel arrangements for Director and staff; maintenance of the organization's files and personnel documents; time and attendance processing; preparation of documents such as travel, training requests; development of critical correspondence for key officials such as the Director.
- Other administrative duties, typical of an administrative assistant in the commercial sector, may be assigned as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of three (3) or more years in an administrative capacity, preferably with a Government agency or contractor.
Unisys is a global information technology ("IT") company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges.
We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Looking for a candidate who currently has career administrative experience and who values the importance of the required skills, organization and preparation duties for this position. Candidate must be able to acquire a CBP Background Investigation (BI) and acknowledge that the candidate may eventually move to a government position.
The administrative assistant candidate will directly support a senior Executive Director and provide back-up assistance when required. Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and perform a variety of complex and routine administrative duties.
Scheduling of meetings and conference calls, conference room scheduling. Plan and arrange meetings, events, answer phones, and handle matters requiring discretionary judgment and confidentiality.
Candidate would interact with members of the staff, organization, and individuals outside of the agency ranging from other government agencies to the general public. Serves as the office liaison for groups associated with the organization. Acts as liaison for visitors for senior SES Assistant Commissioners within the assigned Agency.
Candidate must be able to make independent decisions within established guidelines regarding planning; organizing and the scheduling of work in addition, must have skilled knowledge of Outlook in addition to various PC software packages, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office to produce high quality reports, presentations and other documents. Candidate will deal with a wide variety of senior Government officials in addition to other duties as assigned. The candidate must be able to plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize and manage workload while remaining cognizant of changing prioritizes and competing deadlines.
The candidate will be responsible for inputs, edits, retrieves, formats, and transmits diverse reports and documents utilizing computer databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with accuracy. Candidate will research information to support organization as necessary.
Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing environment. Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
Candidate must be able to support the program Monday – Friday. Standard work hours, although flexible at times, are 8:30A- 5:30p.m.; over time expected.
Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different levels.
Education: High school diploma/GED required; minimum four years related experience; some college is preferred.
Clearance: Must pass CBP BI. Must have a DoD Secret or be eligible to obtain one.
Must be a US citizen
Location: Ronald Reagan Building, Washington, DC, CBP Agency
Behr/Kilz is a dynamic company that actively embraces quality and innovation to bring our customers the very best paints, primers, stains and specialty products and services. Our commitment to integrity and to doing the right thing has been the cornerstone of our success since 1947.
The Behr/Kliz team is highly collaborative and buzzing with positive energy. We are made up of the best folks in the industry and we do what it takes to serve our customers, never forgetting to serve the customer right next to us – our teammates.
We are not afraid of a challenge and are often the first to bring something new to the market – like color matching technology and the 1st paint and primer-in-one. We believe our team is the lifeblood of who we are and developing our team is the key to our success.
Provide administrative support to the department
Assist in preparation of purchasing requests and enter requisitions
Organize and coordinate meetings, travel and maintain corporate records
Maintain a professional and customer service oriented representation to all who call or visit the department
Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation
Thorough experience in office administration, accounting, purchasing and general office support
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR THE POSITION
Ability to type 40 words per minute and operate a calculator by touch
Excellent math skills
Detail oriented, good organizational skills and excellent written and verbal skills
Familiarity with general office equipment
Strong computer skills and knowledgeable of MS office suite software
Ability to compose original correspondence, letters and memos effectively and fluently
Ability to direct and control staff with supervisory skills as needed
Ability to work independently
Thorough knowledge of office administration, accounting and office support practices and procedures
Thorough knowledge of record keeping methods
Knowledge of computerized purchasing system and procurement methods
Ability to work overtime as required
Shift 1 (United States of America)
Full or Part Time
BEHR is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Administrative AssistantApply Now
The position is responsible for administrative duties such as providing support for a department and /or manager (s) to facilitate the efficient operation of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
Board and Meetings Coordination
Order business cards
Reimbursement expense reports
Scanning and emailing
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent is required
College degree preferred
2 years of experience
Must be detailed oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, and outside vendors and customers
Must have the ability to follow directions
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!