Administrative Clerk Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Administrative Clerk
Accounts Payable And Administrative Clerk
Job Description: s: Mission Through the use of Social and Restorative Justice Principals, Five Keys provides traditionally underserved communities the opportunity to restart their education with a focus on the Five Keys: EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT, RECOVERY, FAMILY, AND COMMUNITY. History Originally established by the SF Sheriff’s Department (2003) as the first charter school in the nation to operate inside of a county jail, today Five Keys is a charter management (non-profit) corporation that operates three public charter schools within the Sheriff's Department, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, and 26 community satellite campuses in partnership with the reentry and workforce development community in SF and LA. Additionally, through contracts with the San Francisco Mayor's office of Economic and Workforce Development, Five Keys coordinates the education needs of the SF Workforce Development community. Through a contract with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept. Five Keys provides all the career technical educational and life skills programs for inmates in the LA county jails. POSITION SUMMARY The Accounts Payable and Administrative Clerk will provide support to the accounts payable team and will be primarily responsible for accounts payable invoices and supporting the Accounts Payable Executive Assistant with financial and administrative projects as assigned. This is a Part-time position working 2 days per week at our San Francisco location. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES + Track purchasing orders + Enter and execute purchasing requests + Maintain and organize Accounts Payable records and files + Review and process vendor invoices, employee requests for reimbursements for accuracy, coding, proper documentation and approval. (when needed) + Monitor due dates to ensure timely payment.
Identify, research and resolve vendor account discrepancies.
Perform large volumes of data entry of vendor invoices and employee statement of expenses.
Sort, code and match invoices + Enter and upload invoices into system + Track expenses and process expense reports + Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date + Research and resolve invoice discrepancies + Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries + Other tasks as assigned Required Experience: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong working knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping principles; accounts payable and accrual procedures; and computerized accounting system, methods and practices.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to deal with outside vendors, employees and various levels of management in a professional and effective manner. High level of customer service required.
Must be thorough, detail-oriented, able to perform accurate data entry, work well under pressure with minimal or no supervision and meet strict deadlines.
Ability to analyze accounts payable issues, recognize inconsistencies and recommend resolutions. Includes ability to independently resolve routine issues.
Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Computer skills at a level to be able to operate vendor and proprietary software applications related to job function
Excellent organizational skills + Eagerness to learn new things and adapt to constantly changing circumstances
Ability to handle multiple deadlines and tasks simultaneously EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE This position typically requires: + High school diploma or equivalent required + 1 - 2 years accounts payable, accounting, or administrative experience preferred + Proven track record of success in completing administrative tasks PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS + Frequent and prolonged standing, walking, and sitting + Frequent talking and hearing conversations + Occasional reaching with hands and arms + Occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds WORK ENVIRONMENT + Work environment varies from site to site. There is some personal safety risk working with the at-risk population
Moderate noise level Keyword: Accounts Payable and Administrative Clerk From: Five Keys Schools and Programs
4067BR Line Of Business:
Cement Operations Department:
Operations Primary Location: Cupertino-CA
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified
Administrative Clerk position for our Cupertino, CA Cement plant. The
Administrative Clerk assists the Maintenance Supervisor in the shop. Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS + Manage and input outstanding and new Mobile Equipment Work Orders in SAP. Create purchase requisitions through Work Orders and confirm proper Account Codes are assigned (CC/GL) + Input change orders for outside service work.
Track inventory counts and clear any numbers that are incorrect.
Search inventory numbers for mechanics and verify quantities on-hand.
Track status of orders and where they are in the process and "push" those identified as urgent, emergency, etc.
Follow up on status of Purchase Orders and why if any have stopped in the process + Develop Daily Report of Status of Down Equipment and provide updates as needed to internal customers + Develop Daily Report of Spare Parts status based on priority and needs + Update equipment hours weekly + Pick up any parts at Warehouse #1 that they are unable to deliver to Lower Garage.
Create weekly schedule for PM Services of plant owned equipment.
Follow up when PM Services are a no show along status of scheduled work repairs.
Maintain Shop and Lower/Upper Garages in absence of Mobile Garage Supervisor + Manage all aspects of rental equipment to include Annual Outages enforcing new Purchasing Rental Equipment Process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS + High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Prior experience in the cement business or related industry preferred, but not required.
Proficient with computer and software databases, SAP, MS Office, and Kronos Timekeeper.
Experience in resolving problems and dealing with difficult situations.
Ability to understand oral and written instructions relating to maintenance and product + Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Demonstrated ability to be self directed, with minimal supervision.
Mobile equipment background / mechanical knowledge BENEFITS & COMPENSATION At Lehigh Hanson, we believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth. Lehigh Hanson’s comprehensive package of compensation and benefit programs reflect this belief. We strive to develop competitive pay programs that will attract, motivate, retain and reward employees. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No Search Firms please. IND123 HP123
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Post a Job
To provide administrative support to the Legal and Marketing Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Archive files for the Legal Department
Assist in ordering supplies for the Legal and Marketing Departments.
Assist with various duties for both departments, i.e. filing, faxing, copying, follow-up phone calls, typing, data entry, court filings and other duties as assigned.
Update and create Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Input data into Excel databases; create forms, type memos and letters.
Assure the accuracy of data entry information. Assist in all correspondence, reports, and projects.
Maintain confidentiality while working on all matters.
All other duties as assigned by General Counsel, Sr. Paralegal, Legal Assistant and Marketing Manager.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Daily phone contact with all levels of employees and outside vendors/clients to answer various questions and provide information.
Daily in person contact with managers, executives and other personnel to provide information and support.
Previous experience as an administrative assistant is preferred. Ability to proficiently perform clerical functions in an accurate and timely manner, such as typing/word processing, data entry, filing, photocopying, etc. is required.
Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with outside vendors, technicians, customer service representatives, federal/state/county agency representatives is required.
Ability to establish priorities and organize own work is necessary.
Ability to complete requested tasks and attend to details as necessary.
Knowledge of effective customer service skills and techniques.
Working knowledge of various software packages, such as Word and Excel.
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
SC Fuels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Post a Job
Answers and routes incoming calls and provides exceptional customer service to customers and employees. Greets visitors, distributes mail, and performs various administrative tasks as assigned.
- Greets and announces visitors in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Ensures all visitors sign in and out of Visitor s Log.
- Answers and routes incoming calls and provides exceptional customer service to customers and employees.
- Maintains goodwill and provides exceptional customer service to all customers and potential customers.
- Maintains phone lists and mailbox labels.
- Performs job duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Establishes positive relationships with all employees.
- Processes and distributes incoming mail daily and processes postage on outgoing mail.
- Trains new employees on use of phone system.
- Publishes company monthly calendar.
- Orders and maintains office supply inventory.
- Assists Office Manager with tasks as assigned like filing, data entry, typing.
Experience & Skills:
- Must use a high degree of tact and courtesy in dealing with others
Basic organizational and computer skills
Strong communication skills
- High School degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience required.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Post a Job
Vogel Disposal Service, Inc. is seeking an administrative clerk with strong receptionist skills. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: * Greet visitors and employees in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner.
Answer incoming calls and forward to the appropriate parties or voicemail as needed.
Receive and distribute incoming faxes.
Sort the daily mail.
Complete forms and spreadsheets as assigned.
Administrative duties as assigned.
Interaction with operations, administrative, and sales staff as needed. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: * 1 year experience in a similar position or related field.
High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.
Quick typing and 10-key speed and the ability to use a calculator.
Multi-line phone experience.
Excellent phone etiquette.
Strong interpersonal, oral communication, written communication, and customer service skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Working knowledge of the waste industry is a plus but not required. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: * The job is normally performed indoors. The ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to move about the office occasionally, is required.
While heavy lifting is not required, the ability to occasionally exert 10-20 lbs. of force is required.
Good manual dexterity is required to use common office equipment in an office environment.
A growingmulti-million dollar financial institution is currently looking for an experiencedadministrative clerk / receptionist.
The main focus of this position will be to determine the credit worthiness ofapplicants applying for automobile loans.
This task includes analyzing credit bureaus, financial data, and employmentincome qualifications. accounts.
Also, some verification activities will be necessary as well as miscellaneousclerical office duties.
Lastly, applicants who are also notaries may be helpful.
Qualifiedapplicants that have experience in credit or underwriting will be consideredfirst.
The position requires excellent communication skills, organization, and thedesire to achieve great results.
Applicants should also possess excellent customer service skills, and bewilling to work some nights and weekends.
We offer an excellent working environment, competitive benefits package, andinitial starting annual pay of at least 25k-30k.
Administrative Clerk 1
- Enter customer orders and scan / index documents as required.
- Schedule the pick ups and delivery of customer loads.
- Properly document orders in computer and update customer contact information.
- Assign, consolidate and update local drivers to assist local dispatch in the dispatch system.
- Oversee local dedicated account billing and special hourly billing weekly.
- Enter called in order entries, emailed orders and scan back up orders in the system.
- Pull all hourly driver times and update daily in ADP.
- Enter broker orders received from LTL planner and scan all brokers and all back haul paperwork from Fleet Managers loads into system.
- Maintain communications with customers regarding changes in pick up an delivery schedules and potential service failures.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of RJW.
- Communicate customer problems, leads, and inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Recommend improvements and implement approved improvements.
- Update reports as required by operations manager and COO.
- Assist local dispatcher in update of Tee Cards.
- Back up for other clerical Transport person when on vacation or days off.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Positive telephone personality.
- Capable of being trained to be ‘Phone Assertive’.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Organizational and scheduling skills.
- Computer abilities including word processing, spreadsheet, and ability to learn application software used by RJW.
- Basic office clerical skills.
- Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
- 1 – 2 years of clerical experience.
- Basic transportation / logistics experience.
- High School Diploma or general education diploma (GED) is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to determine “root cause” of problem and determine corrective action.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Business Operating Systems, Internet software, Word Processing, and Spreadsheet software.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to activate phone systems utilizing keyboards and buttons.
- Must be articulate and comfortable speaking in front of others.
- Regularly works in an indoor/office environment and required to sit and/or use repetitive hand motion.
- Frequently required to talk, hear, stand and walk.
- Must be able to work in excess of continuous 8 hours when required.
- Must be able to work under stressful situations, have good cognitive skills, maintain work accuracy, and the ability to concentrate on more than one task at a time.
- Must have the ability to read and discern visual images on a variety of media with 20/20 corrected vision.
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly over telephones.
- Must be in sound physical health as determined by a certified licensed physician with no evidence of the use of controlled substances.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment will range from quiet to moderately loud.
This job description is intended to provide general information about the Administrative Clerk position. The above does not constitute an exhaustive list of the job duties to be performed by an associate holding the position of Administrative Clerk, nor are the lists of the physical requirements and environmental conditions exhaustive. You may be asked by your supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Your performance will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the job duties listed in this job description, as well as any job duties not specifically listed above that you may be asked from time to time to perform.
As with all positions, the duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time as needs arise and at the discretion of the RJW Transport, Inc. The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time.
It is the Company’s policy that all associates, other than those covered by a written individual employment or labor agreement with the Company that has been authorized in writing by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer or Board of Directors, are not employed for any fixed term and are employed at the will of the Company for an indefinite period. Just as our associate’s, reserve the right to resign their employment at any time for any reason the Company reserves its right to terminate an associate any time for any reason either with or without cause.
Neither this Job Description nor any of its individual terms constitutes commitments between the Company and its associates as to the terms, conditions or duration of employment, nor does it modify the prevailing Employment-At-Will relationship.
Post a Job
Tribal Administrative Clerk
Perform a variety of administrative functions. Schedule appointments, give information to callers, and take information to be transformed into documents. Compose memos, transcribe notes, and research information as directed. Generate reports, handles multiple projects, and may assist with compiling and developing projects for the administrative staff. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provide outstanding customer service to guests and all other employees by exceeding our mission statement to be the premier entertainment experience in the Coachella Valley and the high desert.
- Write, type, or enter information into computer to prepare correspondence or other documents.
- Answer incoming telephone calls; determine purpose of callers, and forward calls of appropriate personnel.
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Welcome on-site visitors, determine nature of business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Update appointment calendars.
- Create and print fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Open and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Sort and file records.
- Address envelopes or packages.
- Stuff envelopes by hand or with envelope stuffing machine.
- Order supplies to keep administrative break room stocked.
- Assist Tribal Administrative staff.
- Assist with the execution of the cigarette program.
- Keep administrative break room clean and organized.
- Ensure compliance with all Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) as well as all Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
- Present a positive image of the Casino to its guests and vendors and to assist them as required.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures and attend all scheduled safety meetings and training as a condition of employment.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MUST BE DOCUMENTED):
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSES AND ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass pre-employment and periodic random drug screens
- Must be able to pass background suitability investigation
- Must obtain a Tribal Gaming License
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States within 72 hours of employment
- Able to uphold a high level of confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made if requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
- The Casino is a gaming facility.
- The Casino is not a smoke-free environment.
- Be aware that surveillance cameras and audio equipment monitor the premises recording activity throughout the facility on 24-hour, 7- day per week basis.
Responsible for performing daily customer service in a courteous and professional manner. Responsible for screening, answering and routing all incoming calls; and ability to handle inquiries from the public as deemed appropriate. Performs front desk duties with the ability to handle multiple tasks and willingness to perform cross departmental duties as assigned. Responsible for general clerical duties to include typing, filing, record keeping and operation of general office equipment. Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and English and is culturally sensitive with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern office practices.
- Considerable knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to understand and follow, quickly and accurately, brief oral and/or
- Ability to organize and complete work in an accurately and timely manner.
- Ability to deal tactfully and communicate effectively with persons of
diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with and appropriately handle confidential information.
- Posses exceptional interpersonal communication skills when interacting with the public.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in unusual or stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and effective manner, both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to understand the operation of a computer network and skills in
word processing and data-base software.
- Considerable knowledge of word processing and data-base software.
- Type 45 words per minute.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Must have a professional demeanor and ability to adhere to company’s policies.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
IV. PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of secretarial/clerical program from an accredited business
school or office procedures program preferred.
Six months to one year work experience in a clerical office setting. Minimum six months customer service experience. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher required.
- Responsible for greeting and providing courteous assistance to all individuals contacting the organization.
- Provides clerical support and assistance with overall departmental functions.
- Responsible for managing multi-line telephone and handle inquiries from the public as deemed appropriate.
- Assists with the preparation and data compilation for audits, reports, presentations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Administrative Clerk - Redford
Steel Industries Inc. located in Redford, MI is currently looking for a full time Administrative Clerk to work in our Machine Shop facility. Hours of work will be Monday - Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for entering PO's requisitions into Word
- Follow up with vendors
- Complete Process Plan package for machine shop floor (pulling prints, inspection reports, etc.)
- Entering tickets into QAD
- Compiling all documents for shipping
- Back up for creating shippers, bills of lading and export documents
- Maintain files
- Update reports and spreadsheets
- Other special projects as assigned by Manager
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Must have great detail to accuracy of work
- Must be able to interact positively with suppliers, staff and management
- Must have oral/written communication skills
- Well organized with time management skills
- Previous manufacturing office experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k Plan. Paid holidays, vacation and PTO days.Post a Job