Advertising Clerk Job Description Sample
Advertising Outside Sales
The Tampa Bay Times, which is Florida's largest daily newspaper, has been part of the Tampa Bay community for more than 130 years. Locally owned and independent, the Times has long been celebrated for its outstanding and credible journalism, practiced with integrity in the public interest and has been ranked among the Top 10 newspapers in the country. It has chronicled the Tampa Bay region’s growth with outstanding journalism, winning 12 Pulitzers and numerous other awards along the way.
The Advertising Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for planning, selling and servicing a list of advertising accounts primarily through face to face contact with customers in the Greater Brandon area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing account list/territory to its maximum revenue potential and prospecting for new business in order to continuously build the account list.
- Remain in close communication with clients to comprehend their needs and specifications
- Learn about the clients’ industry and business activities to suggest more personalized solutions
- Liaise with clients to organize promotional events or decide on advertising material that suit their profiles and goals
- Collaborate with colleagues to design creative campaigns or other projects according to the standards discussed with clients
- Employ networking techniques to attract new clients
- Negotiate budgets and deadlines and make detailed presentations justifying costs and schedules
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college with 2 yrs of previous experience in selling media or related position preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of marketing and advertising methods and techniques
- Ability to create and use presentations from all available market information to maximize sales.
- Good organization and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of accounts possibly from different industries.
- Ability to generate new business through direct sales calls.
- Computer skills, including database use and list management.
- Competitive Pay.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans beginning your first day of employment with the company.
- 100% employer paid short term and long-term disability.
- 100% employer paid basic life insurance.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tax-Deferred Savings Plan for retirement.
- A generous vacation and personal leave time program and much more…
Interested applicants should apply through the Tampa Bay Times careers portal at http://tampabaytimes.catsone.com/careers/
Digital Advertising Account Manager
This role is for a Digital Advertising Account Manager, and we are looking for someone who enjoys working in an environment where you will develop strong partnerships, function as an ambassador and advocate, with the goal of maximizing client satisfaction.
Founded in 2014 by a team of media and education experts, , Sandbox & Co. has acquired a suite of products and services that make learning fun. We are one of the leading players in the consumer informal learning space. And we are growing! (learn more at www.sandboxandco.com)
Our suite of digital, consumer-based brands generate over 20mm average site visits per month. We are known as a pioneers in the online informal learning space. Dating back to its introduction of FamilyEducation as one of the first digital parenting informational resources, to launching one of the first digital game/story sites with Funbrain in 1997 and first educational virtual worlds with Poptropica in 2007, the Company has a proven history of setting industry trends rather than following them.
About the Role
The Digital Advertising Account Manager works with other account managers and supports client campaigns, including pre-sales advising, set up and creative coordination, campaign management and optimization, and analysis. The Digital Advertising Account Manager coordinates with other team members to implement campaigns that align with client goals and works with ad sales to maximize ad revenue.
- Enthusiastic team player willing to take an active role in advertising campaigns with the goal of increasing client satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with ad sales partner team. Act as primary liaison between ad sales/account team and inhouse creative team for campaigns.
- Collaborate with Account Management team to fully understand client goals for each campaign.
- Coordinate across teams to ensure campaigns are ready and are successfully launched.
- Conduct daily reviews of active campaigns to assess over/under delivery and performance and make any necessary adjustments to pacing where necessary. Problem solve ad production or delivery.
- Analyze performance data and optimize campaigns for better performance.
- Maintain campaign scheduling and impression commitments and share updates on inventory availability.
- Create and share post-campaign performance data and reports with account managers.
- Create month-end delivery reports for ad sales partner and finance.
- Educate ad sales team and account managers on available options and occasionally assist with RFPs or sales proposals.
- Assess team operations and recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- 2+ year(s) working within an advertising account management or digital ad operations team.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, diverse and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills and a proven track record of attention to detail
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage/execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to tackle issues with a sense of urgency while maintaining professionalism and accuracy
- Basic understanding of media math
- Understanding of the online advertising industry and general familiarity with adtech
- Strong proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets) and presentations (e.g. Powerpoint or Google Slides)
- Bachelors degree (plus if in Advertising, Marketing or related field
We offer a competitive benefits package, including health/dental insurance, 401k, and paid vacation time.
Advertising Project Manager- Digital
Ideal to have with 2+ years of project management or account management experience within an agency environment
- Develop, track, maintain, and drive project timelines
- Ensure team members, vendors, and clients stick to schedules
- Always look for opportunities to improve our processes
- Schedule and hold internal meetings as needed to update project teams on the status of jobs and to alert of any obstacles that may impede deadlines
- Manage, review and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Schedule and manage client status meetings
- Participate on client calls as needed by client services team, taking notes, identifying action items, and preparing client contact reports
- Create weekly status reports with the team
- Learn and manage client specific processes to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain a checklist for client preferences and requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and clients
- Identify opportunities to improve project efficiency and team communication
- Perform other duties as assigned and support client services on ad hoc requests
- 2 + years of project management experience
- Advanced capabilities: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and project management software are required
- Project management experience required
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a diverse project load
- Produce positive results in a high-pressure environment
- Prioritize tasks and complete assignments in a thorough and competent manner
- Recognize areas to increase efficiency and contribute solutions
Advertising Operations Manager
Babylist is a universal baby registry that lets expecting families add any item from any store onto one beautiful registry. Today, 1 in 3 first-time parents have a Babylist baby registry and over $200MM gifts are given annually on Babylist.com.
Having a baby is one of the biggest life milestones. Babylist makes this journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more personal through its baby registry and content. We have a large and rapidly growing user base of passionate parents-to-be who uses Babylist as their primary resource for everything baby.
Babylist is looking for an Ad Operations Specialist to join the Sales and Marketing team. This individual will play a critical role in supporting several functions relating to campaign setup, management and support. This is an ideal role for an organized, detail oriented, self-starter who is looking to leverage their analytical and problem-solving abilities in a creative environment where they will learn firsthand the fundamentals of digital media.
This is a full-time, in-office role in San Francisco Bay Area.Essential Functions and
- Manage and service clients to ensure accurate ad trafficking, contract fulfillment and quality control
- Track, measure, analyze and report the performance of multiple advertising campaigns, including creating detailed performance reports and proposing optimization strategies
- Main Point of contact for technical issues related to ad functions and rich media / technology vendors
- Organize interdepartmental workflow to ensure all elements are handled according to process and schedule
- Own assets gathering, creation, production, and archiving for campaigns, campaign pacing, performance and optimization opportunities
- Prepare and distribute performance reports, both specific to customer and general program performance.
- Ensure proper execution against contracts and IOs
- The ability to support Salespeople in remote locations
- Able to deliver against multiple simultaneous tasks with excellence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment
- Basic knowledge of media campaign KPIs, such as CTR, CPM, Impressions, etc
- Great interpersonal skills including poise, tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive situations and client relationships
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Strong written (Email) and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a systematic approach to detail-oriented work
- Ability to work independently and act on own initiative
- An excellent command of the English language
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3 years of related experience in a related field
- Competitive pay
- Competitive health benefits with an FSA account for vision and dental
- Work from Home on Wednesdays
- Commuting benefits
- 401(k) and disability insurance
- Flexible, paid parental leave policy
- Working with a passionate, super smart team of individuals
Advertising Sales Representative - Leader-Union
Advertising Sales Representative
The Leader-Union in historic Vandalia, Ill., has an immediate opening for an advertising sales representative. The successful candidate will be part of a two-person advertising team for the 3,100-circulation weekly and the 9,000-circulation The Leader-Union Extra as well as the newspaper's website www.leaderunion.com. The sales representative will call on an established list of existing accounts and will also make calls on non-advertisers. Sales experience is preferred, but the right person can excel and grow their income yearly. The Leader-Union serves Vandalia and all of Fayette County, a growing, agriculture-based community on Interstate 70 about an hour east of St. Louis in South-Central Illinois. Vandalia, the county seat, is the former capital of Illinois and maintains a vigorous tourism trade. The newspaper offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits.
Newspaper or other media advertising sales experience preferred but not necessary
Self-motivated with good planning and organizational skills
Ability to develop, plan and implement sales presentations
Commitment to growing revenue and providing exceptional customer service
Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Must be resilient to overcome objections
Must be computer proficient, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Willing to work in a team environment
Must possess initiative, decision-making and problem-solving skills
Ability to understand and live with a deadline driven business
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Service customers from an assigned account list
Maintain advertiser and customer confidentiality
Develop and organize a list of potential new clients; find leads from surrounding area newspapers, competitive media and the advertising manager
Meet or exceed monthly sales goals
Attend and participate in weekly sales meetings
Assist walk-in and call-in advertising customers
Meet deadlines for ad sales, scheduling and proofing
Input ad information into computer system to produce run list for each issue of the paper and shopper
Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service
Project a professional appearance and demeanor
Help collect delinquent customer accounts
Work Schedule: This is an exempt position that will average 40-45 hours per week, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Approximately 75 percent of that time will be spent calling on accounts out of the office. This position reports to the advertising manager.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Youtube Advertising Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic YouTube Advertising Specialist to help us in our client acquisition team's efforts. You will be an integral part of the planning, development, execution, and optimization of digital video advertising to reach potential clients with direct response advertising.
As a YouTube specialist you should be a competent professional able to grasp client behavior trends and generate creative ideas. You should be well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
Our teams goal is to deliver measurable client acquisition rates that will directly increase the firm's revenue. As performance marketers our success and failures are all measured and you must feel comfortable being evaluated on execution not just effort.
- Conducting market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Brainstorming and developing ideas for creative YouTube campaigns and strategies
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the potential clients through video advertising (Youtube, Hulu, Facebook, etc)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Assist in financial and internal reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proven experience in marketing/advertising with digital video
- Deep understanding of excel (pivot tables, advanced nested formulas, etc)
- Deep Understanding of web analytics tools (Google Analytics or Omniture)
- Experience with large budgets or experience with lots of account
Preferred skills, but not required:
• SQL knowledge
• Experience with data visualization and exploration software (Tableau, Qlik, etc)
• Experience with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Attribution Modeling Software
• Experience in Legal Marketing
Morgan & Morgan offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k), and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Sr Advertising Manager
Manage the Ryder System, Inc. brand for all prospect and customer advertising and provide strategic guidance to the organization as it relates to advertising/marketing. Work in collaboration with the Group Director to drive brand awareness, consideration and relevancy by developing and executing strategic as well as tactical integrated campaigns to deliver on the stated business goals. Identify, manage and execute initiatives that drive the brand forward. The Sr. Advertising Manager will play a critical role within the fast-paced digital landscape, collaborating with marcomm, fleet management, supply chain, dedicated and SEO/SEM teams to plan all media campaigns. This person will be the primary liaison between the AOR to manage digital campaigns, digital pricing, campaign set-up and optimization with a view to real-time metrics throughout the campaigns. Development of omni-channel communications that will include A/B testing will be essential in developing best practices for the brand and verticals. Working knowledge of Sales Force and Eloqua preferred but not required.
Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, or related field
Seven (7) years or more experience in marketing, advertising, brand management, media, strategy, preferably with a large corporation
Seven (7) years or more experience working with external partners, advertising agencies and production vendors
Seven (7) years or more experience with placement and management of programmatic advertising
Strong organizational skills, market research, and high degree of comfort with senior leadership and management presence
Strong strategic and presentation development skills
Strong, proven organization, attention to detail and project management skills
Ability to easily adapt to and manage change and to thrive in a busy environment with deadlines
Develops and delivers effective presentations. Exceptional presentation skills required to effectively sell strategic campaign ideas, while providing optimization results on a regular basis
Demonstrates expertise in brand positioning, brand strategy and execution (expert level)
Knows how to bring brand strategy to life (advanced level)
Strong creative thinker (advanced level)
Significant experience in developing and structuring presentations (advanced level)
Formulate and recommend media strategy plans that generate measurable results, with a focus on new and emerging media opportunities to help drive the business
Manage the advertising agency in planning, concepting, developing, producing and executing of strategic and tactical brand and consumer advertising initiatives. Ensure all work is on strategy and delivered within time and budget. Handle day-to-day oversight on projects
Provide data driven, creative advertising solutions to meet defined objectives and KPI's
Develop presentation materials as they relate to brand and advertising campaigns. Sell strategic campaign ideas, while providing optimization results on a regular basis
Collaborate in the development of succinct briefs for brand and advertising projects
Manage production budget. Provide monthly and quarterly reporting as well as annual planning/delivery
Assist in the management of photography/video/film shoots relating to brand and advertising campaigns
Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Senior Product Manager, Advertising
The person in this role will have a critical role on a new team. You will have single-threaded ownership for a new advertising program, driving product strategy and delivery, metrics and data, and customer. You will be expected to establish a vision and key priorities, make appropriate trade-offs, and clearly set and communicate goals to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
You will be 100% customer focused, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will define and coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time. You will be expected to have strong opinions about design and user experience, as well as the analytic background necessary to track adoption and performance of your program. You will be able to lead a program at scale, and participate/influence other senior leaders across the company future direction-setting.
Core responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
Defining and driving overall product strategies and roadmap by working backward from the customer
Own the customer experience for advertiser and campaign setup, management, analysis and optimization
Write business cases and produce financial models for key strategic projects
Utilize metrics to deep-dive issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns
Manager, Advertising Operations - Trafficking
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart's overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart's in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking an experienced Manager who will lead an Ad Trafficking team responsible for partnering with the Campaign Manager in campaign trafficking, management, optimization and reporting for all digital ad campaigns in support of Sales.
What You'll Do
Responsible for day-to-day ad operations duties including ad trafficking and management of direct and programmatic campaigns as well as working in various ad servers and digital platforms.
Managing / traffic campaigns in ad serving tools and overseeing media tracking / analytics implementation.
Analyze performance data and provide interpretation for programmatic campaigns.
Improving data quality by collaborating with the sales, campaign management, optimization teams to ensure campaigns produce optimal outputs
QA ads to meet site specs and ad server requirements and verify campaigns are correctly inputted into the system. Coordinating with internal teams to accomplish optimal campaign performance
Troubleshoot ad serving and tag firing issues and resolve discrepancies
Experience working in a global fast paced environment and ability to maintain positive and productive relationships with all clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
Ability to organize information, prioritize and maintain attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
5+ years of experience in Google Ad Manager or DoubleClick for Publishers
Attention to detail with keen eye on accuracy with strong proactive & reactive communication with internal and external clients and vendors
Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines and pressure
Highly motivated self-starter who can work dynamically with minimum supervision & experience managing large offshore teams
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.
Discover Silicon Valley
- BeautyFioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
- EducationComputer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
- PurposeThe Dish
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
- ExploreGolden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
- ImagineThe Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
- ShopSantana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
- DisconnectPacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the "World's Most Scenic Taco Bell" at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
- ReflectGolden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
Multiple health plan options
Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
Associate discounts in-store and online
Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
Education assistance for Associate and dependents
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Advertising Campaign Coordinator
The purpose of the position is to coordinate the execution of advertising campaigns sold by the sales team. Campaign Coordinators are responsible for managing tasks, deadlines, and performing a range of campaign related administrative functions that occur after the contract has been signed. In addition, there may be other tasks assigned by Account Executives, Sales Manager, and/or General Managers.
Coordinating and monitor the ongoing activities and internal communications related to advertising campaigns to ensure on-time and contractual campaign execution while delivering excellent customer service.
Informing Account Executives and customers about the current status of advertising campaigns.
Coordinating, managing, reviewing campaign progress and delivering the customer installation and proof of performance information.
Coordinate and/or obtain approval from the client on artwork
Coordinate and communicate panel locations in "to be determined" situations.
Resolves problems during campaign by investigating; identifying solutions; notifying AE's, managers and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS •Work requires an excellent command of the English language.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Gmail applications
Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
Ability to timely and accurately enter and compile data
Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to meet deadlines
High level of organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
Creativity, initiative combined with commercial awareness.
Knowledge of common public relations practices
Strong written (Email) and verbal communication skills
Highly organized with a systematic approach to detail-oriented work
Comfortable working in a deadline driven environment
Ability to work independently and act on own initiative
Problem solving EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS •High school diploma or equivalent required
Bachelor's degree preferred
2 years of related experience, preferably in sales, marketing, or administrative roles
Experience in data management and Gmail preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The primary work environment is an office.
The specific physical demands/requirements of the job include: lifting less than 25% of the time, reading, color distinction, acuity, sitting greater than 50% of the time, and talking.
The typical percentage of time spent traveling and spending nights away from home is less than 10%.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MUST APPLY ONLINE AT http://applynow.lamar.com
Please no phone calls or drop ins.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!