Aeronautical Design Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Design Engineer
Software Design Engineer 2
Embedded Software Design Engineer
Our client has an immediate need for Embedded Software Design Engineers at various levels. In this position, you would be a key part of the Engineering development team, developing innovative embedded control systems. This is a full-time position located in Quakertown, PA.
- Architect stable, efficient, and scalable systems upon which world-class embedded software applications can easily be built
- Design maintainable, elegant, and lasting solutions to meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets while working closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality software/hardware to the end user
- Balance a variety of tasks related to: requirements gathering, user interface design, real time schedulers, software development, testing, trouble-shooting, and software maintenance
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- BS in Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program, with at least a 3.0 GPA (or equivalent)
- 1 or more years of industry experience in the field of embedded software/hardware development
- Thorough knowledge of embedded system development fundamentals
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with various design patterns
- Strong working knowledge of good programming techniques, and good familiarity with real-time schedulers
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines.
- Skillful at solving problems with enthusiasm and creativity
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time, sometimes with little or no notice.
- Technical experience required in the majority of the following areas:
- Real-Time Embedded Systems
- High-level programming languages such as C and C++
- Software-hardware communications
- Interface programming
- Hardware development of microcontroller or microprocessor control circuits using 8/32 bit or ARM processor
- Protocol development
Physical Design Engineer
(San Diego or Santa Clara CA)
This role is to design Floor planning, P&R, timing closure, SI prevention/fixing, power planning, CTS, PV and I/R drop for Block and Top level. Responsibilities including:
- Work with block and top level complexity from Floor Plan, Placement, CTS, Routing and timing closure
- Must be able to take the hard macro through Place &Route from Netlist to GDS including timing closure, formal and Physical verification.
- Must have EDA tools experience including: Cadence Innovas, Synopsys ICC2, Primetime SI / Calibre/ etc.
Must have physical design expertise in at least one or more of the below domains:
Floor planning at Full chip level or Macro or Block Level
- Macro placement, power grid implementation, power routing, special routing like analog signals etc.
- Power collapse/Low power implementation flow
- Place and route at chip level or block level, perform placement, timing closure in P&R mode, perform clock tree synthesis, routing etc.
- Perform STA using primetime SI or Tempus or any industry standard STA engine, timing closure, ECO generation, timing correlation
- Deep understanding of timing skills to perform correlation, timing fixes, corner/voltage definitions etc.
- Perform custom or regular clock tree implementation at block level or top level.
- Clock tree balance of complicated tree, clock power reduction techniques etc.
- Power collapse/power gain techniques/implementation
- UPF/CPF flow knowledge
- Running all the PV checks (DRc/LVS/ERC/Softcheck) and deep understanding of all the rules and fixes
- Bachelor degree in EE and/or CS.
Position: Design Engineer
Company: Ningbo Joyson Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd.,
Reporting to: Overseas Design Manager
Type: Full time
Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Vision and dental insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Life, Accident, & Disability insurance benefits are 100% paid for by company
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Joyson Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd., Ningbo (China), is an automotive functional division of Joyson Electronic Listed (stock code 600699, SSE) and a global automotive supplier of air management system, air intake system and window washing system.
Joyson works with Main OEM such as FCA, GM, Ford, VW, Daimler and BMW on challenging projects a crossing the global, from China, to Germany, USA and Brazil. Our scale and knowledge allow us to provide solutions with best value and highest level of quality.
Purpose of the Job:
This position will provide service for USA OEMs, He or she goes from concept design received to freeze design and responsible for design changes in further phases throughout the project life circle.
- Lead technical reviews meeting with OEM in project quotation phase.
- Design of air outlet components with 3D modeling, 2D drawing, DFMEA, materials selection, verification & validation,
manufacturability & serviceability.
- Coordinate and manage other CAD team members to achieve customer and internal design deadlines.
- Know and communicated technical problems such as mold flow, tooling, CAE with OEM.
- Consult with China engineering team regarding technical feasibility, offer solutions to problems, and present results of
- Coordinate regular review meeting with OEM and submit meeting minute, design progress reports, schedules, upcoming
deliverables and technical solutions.
- Develop innovative concepts for new projects.
- Design and release of components in the OEM data system environment, for example team center.
- Responsible for documentation and review of component design specification, design guides & templates.
- Capitalize experience from the design project through lessons learned process.
- Share benchmark information with China development team.
- Report to Overseas Design Manager at NA Office.
- 50 % Engineer work, 50 % CAD design work.
- BSE/MSE degree in Mechanical Engineering or Plastics, excellent plastics tooling knowledge preferred.
- Must have vehicle interiors plastic part design experience. Air outlets experience is preferred.
- At least 5 years of design experience of AC/Air Outlet.
- Must know FCA, and GM well.
- Team player with communication and coordination skills, executive ability.
- Excellent English language skill – both written and oral.
- Knowledge of CAD Methodology, Skilled with UG and CATIA, UG is a priority.
- In-depth knowledge of APQP, DFMEA, GD&T, DVP, Tolerance Stack-up, reliability engineering and plastics.
*Mechanical Design Engineer CAE
Job Type: Contract
- Mechanical Design: 2 years
Software Design Engineer
Design and develop software for travel and expense management products and services utilizing high-level programming languages. Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications for large, high volume website development utilizing Java, .NET, XML, Web Services, SQL on Windows, and Unix/Linux. Gather and identify project requirements to develop technical solutions and integrate with Continuous Integration Tools. Design and develop APIs and automated testing suites, and perform debugging and performance tuning using software testing tools. Position may include additional duties that utilize the required skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design Controls or Special Systems projects to meet scope of work and budget as defined by contract documents and sales estimate ensuring equipment compatibility.
- Provide detailed sequence of operations.
- Interpret project documents, estimate, and other information as available to select the proper equipment to achieve the scope of work required in the most economical and functional manner.
- Accurately forecast necessary labor required to engineer a complete project and track this over time to achieve budget and forecast goals.
- Recommend technical solutions to sales and operations. Constantly research outside purchase products.
- Provide support to contractors to solve building operating issues that go beyond the controls or special systems operation.
- Communicate with internal employees as required to ensure engineering is accurate and timely.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, value engineering, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required such as consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to ensure accurate and timely engineering.
- Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for existing building systems.
- Complete Bill of Material for every project.
- Suggest/recommend new products that provide better functionality and value to projects.
- Generate Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify design issues and recommend appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Assist Sales team during estimation/bid phase of the project by providing design support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is excellent.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- An understanding of basic computer systems including MS Office Suite of products.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer problems.
- Some experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC and greater)
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer and employee satisfaction.
- A thorough understanding of HVAC operations within a facility if working in the controls field.
- Have a very deep understanding of the DDC. They also understand the other systems involved in the mechanical and electrical portions of building controls.
- Have the experience to provide extensive integration support for a multitude of building systems.
- Be able to lift and carry drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be able to spend a significant amount of time sitting
Magnetic Design Engineer
Description Designs a variety of custom magnetic products to application-specific electrical, mechanical, thermal, and regulatory requirements using cost-effective materials and processes. Provides design expertise support to customers and company personnel for the Magnetic Product Group. Provides assistance to other company disciplines in the development and application of processes to increase production quality, reduce cost, and improve efficiency for the Magnetic Product Group. Reports to: Electrical Engineering and System Design Manager
Design single- and three-phase dry type transformers between 5 VA and 2,500 kVA (convection cooled), or 2,800 kVA (forced-air cooled) electrically and mechanically to meet design/customer requirements with minimal material cost and maximum economy in manufacturing.
Prepare documentation necessary for manufacture and test of magnetic product.
Understand the interfaces between Design Engineering and other functional areas in the organization (Manufacturing, Quality, Sales, Purchasing, and more) and provide support as requested.
Review and analyze a variety of engineering data and documents and prepare reports in accordance with requirements and general instructions.
Coordinate activities assigned to lab technicians for engineering projects and design-related verification testing needs.
Evaluate new material and techniques to improve and/or economize magnetic products.
Customer contact and travel as required for training, support, and other job-related needs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
Proven organizational skills with ability to simultaneously balance multiple tasks.
Experience with 2D AutoCAD® system.
Proficient computer skills (Microsoft® Office).
Product Design Engineer
Description: Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications. Loc Performance is looking for a Product Design Engineer to join our Product Development Department! This position performs the fundamental engineering tasks associated with the design and development of rotating mechanical systems to product requirements and specifications. Typical products to design include gearboxes, generators, and transmissions. If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you! Come join our Loc family! ## Duties: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Responsible for technical performance of assigned projects including adherence to the Loc Product Development process. Accept design responsibility, authority and accountability of assigned product designs Design of complex rotating machines such as gearboxes and transmission assemblies. Perform mechanical design analyses for generator designs. Develop plan for validating design to customer requirements. Specification of purchase componentry: includes bearings, seals, fasteners, etc. Component engineering design of structural components within the assemblies. Interaction with manufacturing engineering and quality to assure manufacturability of designed hardware. Planning, execution and documentation of engineering analyses required for product design to assure robustness, reliability and performance requirements are met. Constructs engineering artifacts for design reviews, including APQP design process documents: DFMEA, DVP&R;, etc. Support prototype fabrication Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Ensure form, fit and function of complex mechanical system concepts. Preparation support for design review meetings. Support the preparation of presentation material to convey analysis results and recommendations Ability to provide hands-on support for testing development prototypes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering from a four-year college or university. Minimum 1-3 years work experience utilizing effective engineering tools for the design and development of rotating mechanical systems, or a combination of education and experience.
Qualified candidate should have direct experience working with CAD software tool for the creation of 3-D solid models and 2-D detailed drawing. Direct experience with PTC CREO and/or Siemens UG NX CAD software is desirable. Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills Must understand complex mathematical relationships that underpin the analysis for static, dynamic, fatigue, vibration, shock, and other forms of analysis as required for the design and development of complex mechanical systems.
Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities Familiarity with APQP, DFMEA, DVP&R;, CAD tools, FEA Structural Analysis, ISO/TS 16949, AGMA Standards To apply please select “APPLY” below. If you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com or contact Human Resources at 734-453-2300. In addition, we have an application kiosk in our lobby at 13505 N.
Haggerty Rd., Plymouth MI, 48170. We will be happy to assist you in the application process. EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Salary Range: Negotiable Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives Employment Type: Full Time Department: Product Development
Post a Job
Mechanical Design Engineer (En2)
Barrios Technology Ltd. is a woman-owned and operated small business headquartered in Houston, Texas. We provide a full spectrum of engineering, operations and related technology services in support of the aerospace community and have successfully supported NASA for over 36 years. Barrios Technology presently works as the prime contractor for the Mission and Program Integration (MAPI) contract along with four subcontractor companies to provide support to International Space Station activities at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). In addition Barrios Technology provides subcontractor support to: + Boeing on the Boeing Engineering and Technical Services (BETS) contract at both NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX) and Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL) + Jacobs Technology on the JSC Engineering and Technical Services (JETS) contract at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX) + Teledyne Brown Engineering on the Mission Operations and Integration (MOI) contract at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL) + COLSA Corporation on the Huntsville Operations Support Center (HOSC) contract at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL) Our long-term client relationship with Jacobs has led to a need for a Mechanical Design Engineer (EN2) on the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract at Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. This is a temporary position, not to exceed 12/31/17. The Mechanical Design Engineer will: + Support Johnson Space Center's activities on the International Space Station (ISS) and space exploration.
Work in a team environment to analyze requirements from the customer and develop design solutions.
Design, develop, test, handle implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
Perform engineering design evaluations.
Prepare and present designs at various design reviews using MS Word and PowerPoint.
Produce engineering drawings conforming to JPR 8500 and other applicable standards.
Perform dimensional fit analysis including thermal effects.
Perform functional analyses, when applicable, and sizing structural analyses.
Produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5 as well as support design with standard hand calculations for fit, function and structural strength.
Prepare and present designs at various design reviews using MS Word and PowerPoint.
Produce other required design documentation.
Perform other duties as required. Required Education/Experience/Skills: This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of direct experience.
Must have the ability to produce drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5, perform dimensional fit tolerance analysis, including thermal effects and to support design with standard hand calculations for fit, function, and structural strength.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience designing flight hardware and creating drawings for NASA/JSC.
Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience using solid modeling CAD software including 3 years’ experience using PTC CREO or Pro Engineering.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have working knowledge of machine shop processes and familiarization with the structural and thermal analysis process in development of hardware. Preferences: + MS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
5+ years’ experience using PTC CREO or Pro Engineering CAD software.
Familiarization with JSC Engineering Drawing System Manual (JPR 8500).
Familiarization with JSC Fabrication Tolerances and Practices (SKZ36103755). Essential Requirements:
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Applicant selected may be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lb.
Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of test facilities where necessary.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.) + Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Don't miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised Barrios Technology is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Job ID: 2017-1126 External Company URL: http://www.barrios.com/