Aeronautical Design Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Design Engineer
Network Security Design & Implementation Engineer
NorthShore Resources has a contract to hire opportunity for a Network Security Design & Implementation Engineer in Minneapolis, MN!
Our client, a national financial leader, is looking for a Network Security Design & Implementation Engineer. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in Network Edge and Netflow, IPS/DLP/IDS, and Firewall.
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience as a Security Design & Implementation Engineer
- Proficient in network route/switch/firewall, DLP, IPS/IDS, and netflow technologies
- Proficient in the use of technical standards and architectural design requirements
- Proficient with network transport technology interfaces across an enterprise
- Proficient with network security protocols and network edge security stack
- Proven engineering expertise within the subject matter domain
- Network Edge Design and Configuration
- Network data flow, taps/spans, VLANs and trunks
- Next-generation firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technologies
- Network Orchestration
- Highly innovative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information across various organizational levels.
- High reasoning aptitude and ability to quickly understand complex operating environments.
- Technical analysis, design and implementation.
- Ensure deliverables are aligned with requirements, architectural design, and support standards.
- Document technical solution design and hand-off training for support personnel.
NorthShore Resources is a Minneapolis-based IT consulting firm, whose focus is to provide superior quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. We offer great local jobs to local people, allowing us to build solid, long-term relationships with our clients and consultants.
While working as a consultant for NorthShore Resources, you’ll receive benefits such as medical, dental, and 401(k) with company matching. You’ll also receive one of the best benefits an employer can offer – support! Our staff is here to help you every step of the way, ensuring that all of your questions are answered and that you’re placed on a path to success.
Post a Job
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design Controls or Special Systems projects to meet scope of work and budget as defined by contract documents and sales estimate ensuring equipment compatibility.
- Provide detailed sequence of operations.
- Interpret project documents, estimate, and other information as available to select the proper equipment to achieve the scope of work required in the most economical and functional manner.
- Accurately forecast necessary labor required to engineer a complete project and track this over time to achieve budget and forecast goals.
- Recommend technical solutions to sales and operations. Constantly research outside purchase products.
- Provide support to contractors to solve building operating issues that go beyond the controls or special systems operation.
- Communicate with internal employees as required to ensure engineering is accurate and timely.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, value engineering, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required such as consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to ensure accurate and timely engineering.
- Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for existing building systems.
- Complete Bill of Material for every project.
- Suggest/recommend new products that provide better functionality and value to projects.
- Generate Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify design issues and recommend appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Assist Sales team during estimation/bid phase of the project by providing design support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is excellent.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- An understanding of basic computer systems including MS Office Suite of products.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer problems.
- Some experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC and greater)
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer and employee satisfaction.
- A thorough understanding of HVAC operations within a facility if working in the controls field.
- Have a very deep understanding of the DDC. They also understand the other systems involved in the mechanical and electrical portions of building controls.
- Have the experience to provide extensive integration support for a multitude of building systems.
- Be able to lift and carry drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be able to spend a significant amount of time sitting
Powertrain Design / Development Engineer - Engine Mounts
Design & Release Engineer - Powertrain Design / Development
- Role may be located in Novi, MI or Cincinnati (Northern KY).
- Engine mount design experience is KEY (must have) as well as engine suspension system design for the complete vehicle
- Noise Vibration & Harshness (NVH) parameters must be understood via customer engineers and R&D center in Europe.
- Worldwide support for powertrain development projects will include:
- Train and lead team members, knowledge transfer from European lead office, market research and customer liaison.
- Lead specific phases, i.e. Technical plans / studies, product design, specification prep, and testing.
- Review product for compliance to engineering principles, design standards and customer requirements.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Lead planning and execution of DFMEA’s. DVP&R’s, CAE analyses, and all other design/release documents.
- Drive VA/VE and APQP processes.
Post a Job
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
- Develops and recommends design solutions to a variety of complex engineering requirements and specifications.
- Responsible for driving technology, design, development and test product development activities, to meet schedule, cost and reliability.
- Leads and supports Engineering to design, develop, package, components and products to established procedures, customer requirements and government regulations & policies.
- Interpreting mechanical design specifications and system requirement specifications for major risk factors.
- Ensures quality of purchased mechanical components by developing and documenting test plans; conducting, analyzing, and documenting tests confers with suppliers.
- Provides budget, cost and schedule input for design and development activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment with manufacturing, testing, supply chain, program management and other external customers to implement cost effective/high efficient/high reliability design solution.
- Participates in preparation of proposals, review of customer specifications including cost and reliability as key design variables.
- Develop designs that promote manufacturability and testability.
- Required Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- 15+ years of relevant experience with design and packaging of Electro-Mechanical devices.
- Expert mechanical design abilities to create complex designs that based on product specifications.
- Expert developing components and systems using a CAD package such as SolidWorks.
- Extremely knowledgeable with sheet metal, castings, molded parts, thermoforming, extrusions, surface finish and other manufacturing processes.
- Have a working knowledge of regulatory requirements that may affect the design such as FDA, UL and IEC.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Master Science Mechanical Engineering preferred
Product Design Engineer
Responsible for researching and developing concepts for products and production processes for user interfaces. This incorporates
mechanical and electromechanical components in combination with electronics as well as decoration processes for materials like plastic, glass and metal.
- Designs models and test prototypes for products.
- Conducts research, creates concepts and design proposals for projects.
- Establish design briefs.
- Identities and selects materials needed for potential products.
- Creates product and process specifications.
- Creates parts lists.
- Develops product cost models and business cases.
- Creates functional prototypes for customer demonstration.
- Plans marketing initiatives for new products.
- Researches appropriate production processes.
- Researches potential suppliers for production processes and components.
- Travel to production facilities to evaluate processes.
- Implements production processes into production facilities.
- Use computer-aided design (CREO) to design concepts.
- BS in Design or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Injection Molding experience (appliance or automotive) industries preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Previous customer interaction required
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft office suite.
- Electronic experience preferred.
- Relocation Available
Aerospace Design Engineer
BaronHR Technical has an opportunity for a Design Engineer with an aerospace manufacturer in Independence, OH.
This is a 1 year contract position with an opportunity for long term employment with a world leader in the aerospace industry.
Pay rate for this position is $70 per hour.
• Technical responsibility for all design related tasks of the project while working with the following:
o Project head to ensure that design tasks are properly managed to achieve end item deliverables in accordance with project plans.
o Integrated Product Team (IPT) to ensure engineering integration into overall program requirements.
o Divisional engineering teams to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied, lessons learned are addressed and a robust product is developed.
• Executes design activities including:
o Customer / Suppliers:
Liaise with customer/suppliers for all design related issues.
Foster strong customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility.
Assist with development and maturation of system procurement specification and statement of work.
o Integration / Planning:
Responsible and accountable for all design tasks and completion dates.
Sets design priorities and objectives with a strong drive to meet expectations.
Communicates progress and roadblocks with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and the project head.
o Design Tasks
Develops, reviews, recommends, coordinates design, and design change activity with customer. Other company disciplines including production and manufacturing engineering.
Generates design documentation such as trade studies, tolerance stack-ups, interface agreements, installation and proximity sensing analysis.
Investigates design related issues and develops effective solutions.
Develop landing gear and landing gear mechanisms from customer specifications considering regulatory requirements and company engineering methodologies.
Generate design layouts, developmental, and kinematic assemblies within Catia V5.
Utilize new product Introduction tools to facilitate execution for design related tasks as required.
Present designs at internal and external design reviews to ensure the design meets requirements and expectations.
Develop and achieve agreement on landing gear interfaces with customers and suppliers.
o Problem Resolution
Performs engineering investigations into failures and participates in root cause and corrective action.
Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of problems.
Ensures compliance to company engineering methodologies by providing direction/guidance to the design team.
Maintains compliance to ITAR and regulatory requirements.
Occasional travel between customer/suppliers and other company locations.
May be asked to complete other tasks based on skills and qualifications.
- Must have aerospace experience and be strong in conceptual design, be familiar and comfortable working with oleo pneumatic, cantilever shock design, trailing arm, shock struts.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering required. Or a minimum of 10 years of experience in landing gear design and development.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within the aerospace industry. Must include extensive experience in new product development of transport and / or military type aircraft components and assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with PDM (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Team Center) system.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Catia V5 with strong emphasis on solid modeling and kinematics.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and suppliers.
- Understanding of performance based specification requirements, requirements management and verification.
- In-depth knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point).
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident alien to be in compliance with ITAR (International Trade in Arms Regulations).
Design Engineer / Designer
Mubea is searching for a NX designer / design engineer to support our global activities in our Suspension group.
Create and check 3D part models and assemblies based on customer and engineering specifications
Create and check 2D detailed part and assembly drawings with careful attention to detail
Provide initial GD&T concept on 2D detailed drawings based on best practices
Work in TeamCenter to release 3D models and 2D drawings
Perform, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks both individually and as part of a team
Track design work orders from multiple engineers through completion
Communicate regularly with internal and external customers
Continuous improvement of knowledge to current standards and software revisions
Ensure customer required TeamCenter and NX system updates are completed as required
Associate Degree in Mechanical Design; BS Mechanical Engineering preferred
Minimum of five years recent related experience using NX/Unigraphics for 2D drawings and 3D modeling
Additional previous experience working with CATIA V5 is a plus
Proficient in TeamCenter and business processes with multiple OEMs (including GM and FCA) * Broad understanding of GD&T * Experience with suspension components, specifically coil springs, stabilizer bars, and stablizer bar links is preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Customer oriented and entrepreneurial mindset
Ability to work independently and as part of a team Travel to our production facilities, customers, and suppliers as necessary. Potential for international travel. ID: 2017-1877 External Company Name: Mubea, Inc. External Company URL: www.mubea-discsprings.com
Network Design Engineer With Sdn/Contrail
Amick Brown is seeking a Senior Network design Engineer with 9+ years of experience. In this position, you will troubleshoot, identify and resolve product, the configuration of network related issues in a timely fashion. You will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with customer’s products and services. This role is a full-time hire, onsite position.
- Plan and design Wide-Area Network infrastructure
- Analyze and develop capacity planning models
- Participate in development and implementation of multiple network projects and initiatives
- Update lab network according to production network and recreate reported issues in a lab environment with customer’s configuration and topology
- Work with escalation and engineering teams to investigate and resolve software and hardware defects
- Experience working on site a carrier/service provider
- Network Virtualization - Contrail is a must
- Large-scale IP Architecture
- MPLS Cloud
- Experience with GRE Tunnels
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of BGP, MPLS, and OSPF
- Proficient with JunOS and IOS
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Packaging Engineer Design Manager
As the nation s leading bottled water company, Nestl Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we re also committed to developing our people enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestl Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestl . Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business.
It s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers. Choose a career in Technical & Production and you ll be part of our logistics backbone and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer.
This area of Nestl Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful not least is you ll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We ll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things.
While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you ll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.We currently have an opening for a Filling and Packaging Design Engineering Manager in our Coppell, TX engineering office. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:Direct design activities to meet overall project objectives (scope, cost, quality, schedule) for any project that includes filling, capping, labeling, conveying, packing, coding, palletizing, and stretch wrapping. Proactively propose and drive new ideas/projects/methods to Business Units and Operations. Build and document knowledge about latest methods, trends and developments in relevant field, integrate basic knowledge (or knowledge from other fields) in the interpretation of the results.Develops and issues bid packages for engineering design to outside engineering design firms and is the main liaison with external firms and partners.Ensures compliance with all safety and quality directives and regulations.Responsible for updating and maintaining packaging equipment specifications
Follows up with equipment vendors to ensure equipment is built to NWNA specifications.Participates in the commissioning and startup of new equipment as required.Work with plant teams and project management teams to resolve outstanding issues.Develops a relationship with machine vendors such that they deliver what the business requires from a cost, quality, scope, and schedule point of view.Provide accurate and on-time support to factory operations with effective (quality, cost and on-time) and sustainable solutions.#LI-SA1 Qualifications Key qualifications include:Bachelor s degree in EngineeringMinimum 7 years of experience in Food or Beverage Industry. Preference is for relevant experience in high speed bottling.
Strong Technical as well as leadership capabilities and can speak to influencing, facilitation and communicating with various groups. Strength in visualizing complete projects at the conceptual stage. Candidate must have a strong desire to help the customer and add value to the business.Candidate must aspire to deliver on-time, on-cost and at-the-quality within their scope of responsibility.Highly motivated, well organized, and goal oriented capable of operating alone or in multi discipline groups, with minimum amount of direct supervision.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office ProductsKnowledge of AutoCADMust be able to travel nationally and to Canada approximately 20-45% of the time Nestl Waters North America is the nation s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestl Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna.
Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you ll receive a competitive total rewards package something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work.
It s not just the work that you ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestl Waters?
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran Category: Packaging, Engineering, Nestle Waters, Management
Post a Job
Electrical Design Engineer (Entry Level)
Overview Thorson Baker + Associates, Inc. is a mid-size multi-discipline consulting engineering firm specializing in institutional and commercial building design throughout the United States and Puerto Rico where we help build the future. We design the buildings where we work and play, schools and universities where our children learn, healthcare facilities for our continued well being, elderly living and retirement communities for our senior citizens and the retail and entertainment complexes where we shop and enjoy our leisure.
All this is with a concern for sustainability and the future of our environment. Join TBA and help us build the places where we live, learn and work in communities nationwide. We are located in a class A office building on twelve acres midway between Cleveland and Akron, minutes from four major highways with easy access to surrounding communities and suburbs.
The Cleveland and Akron metropolitan areas boast numerous museums, including a world class art museum, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum, The National Inventors Hall of Fame, the second largest theater district in the nation, universities, internationally recognized hospitals, and numerous other arts, educational and recreational facilities. Electrical Design Engineer Job Description: Participate as a team member in the technical development of schematic, design development, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional and commercial building projects.
Job Duties: Electrical engineering of power and lighting systems for institutional, retail and commercial building projects. Prepare calculations and well coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost effective, clear, efficient and constructible in a friendly work environment.
Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials, other consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project. Perform engineering calculations including energy, load, photometrics, voltage drop, etc. Must meet client schedules and internal design and construction administration time budgets.
Office construction administration including review of shop drawings, respond to RFI’s, and coordinate with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project. Able to travel nationally for pre-design site visits, design meetings, construction phase site observations, etc. and prepare detailed technical narrative reports. Job Requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or minimum of 5 years of related experience. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Familiar with AutoCAD and Revit. FE/EIT a plus. Capable of attending and engaging in meetings with clients, owners, contractors, etc. in a positive and productive manner.
Possess a good work ethic and be efficient in job duties. Willing to work extra hours above 40 hours a week when necessary to meet project deadlines and client demands. Benefits TBA offers a range of attractive benefits designed to enhance the compensation of our employees.
Our internal management structure offers an exceptional learning environment while utilizing the latest software, hardware and today’s technologies for the engineering design industry. Healthcare benefits: Low cost Health Care and Prescriptions Paid Dental Paid Vision Paid Life, AD&D Paid Short Term Disability Paid Long Term Disability Paid Long Term Care Optional Additional Life, AD&D Optional Family Member Long Term Care Other Benefits: 401 (k) Savings Plan Profit Sharing Flexible Spending Accounts Bonuses Paid Vacation Paid Personal Time Paid Holidays Paid time off for Jury Duty Company Social Events Lunch and Learns Assistance in Obtaining PE Assistance in PE Continuing Education Assistance in Seminars Spacious Working Environment Flexible Working Hours
Post a Job