Aeronautical Design Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Design Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer III - Flutter
Aeronautical Engineer III - Flutter + Jobs + Login
12-Sep-2016 to 12-Jun-2017 (EST) + SEMATS Operation
Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA + Salary + Full Time SURVICE Engineering Company offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off and holidays, 401(k) retirement and profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement and more Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job About Us: Established in 1981, SURVICE is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process.
We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today. In addition, we've helped create a central repository of defense systems related information and resources routinely used by analysts, testers, and other specialists. Position Summary:
SURVICE Engineering is seeking a level III Flutter Engineer to support our Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) Modeling, Analysis, and Tools (SEMATS) program at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL. The Flutter Engineer will be evaluating aircraft/store configurations to determine safe flutter limits. Primary Duties & Responsibilities: + Create, modify, and run computer simulation programs to evaluate the flutter of structures as they relate to aircraft aerodynamics + They will also plan and monitor flight tests, conduct analyses, research data, run and edit computer simulation programs, and write justification to support flight certification recommendations + Participate in airborne weapon systems development, integration, test and/or evaluation
Monitor flight tests, reduce flight test data, and integrate ground and flight test data to determine safe flutter flight limits Qualifications and Experience: + Bachelors degree degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace Engineering (or similar) required, Masters and/or Ph.D. preferred, with at least seven (7) years of general experience, as well five (5) years of specific experience required + Working experience, internships or graduate research projects that provided experience in aircraft dynamics loads, flutter, aero-elasticity, or related experience + Good analytical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills(both written and verbal) + Good interpersonal skills are imperative Security Clearance Requirement: + Must be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance, which requires U.S.
Current security clearance is highly desired Relocation: + IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is located in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Relocation assistance may be available Benefits:
SURVICE Engineering Company offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off and holidays, 401(k) retirement and profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement and more. Recruiting Disclaimer: SURVICE Engineering utilizes our own internal corporate recruiters to fill our employment needs.
If you are contacted over the phone or e-mail by a company listing a SURVICE Engineering job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on SURVICE Engineering's behalf, please do not respond. EEOC Statement: SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. SURVICE Engineering Company
Catia Design Engineer
Need CATIA Designers with the following skills:
- Experience with most recent versions of CATIA
- Experience using UNGX also considered
- Experience with exterior molding
- Experience with automotive interior design
- 5+ years of experience as designer
- No sponsorship
- No relocation assistance
- Excellent place to work and terrific leadership team
Database Design Solutions Engineer
Our Company Group is an advisor to business leaders on the next generation of global services with a worldwide reputation for helping Global 1000 firms dramatically improve their performance by optimizing their front-, mid-, and back-office business services. With a fact-based approach driving outcomes, we counsel organizations with complex challenges related to the use and delivery of the next generation of global services in their pursuits to balance short-term needs with long-term goals. Established in 1991, we serve enterprises, providers of business services, country organizations and private equity firms in six continents across all industry categories.
Qualifications and Descriptions:
Experience with operational support of SQL Server 2000/2005/2008R2, including back-up and restore and other routine maintenance tasks.
Ensure all SQL Jobs complete without failure. If a job fails, work with applications team to trouble shoot.
Perform monthly Microsoft patching on servers
Deploy database changes for Application Development Team.
Created and implement web application and web content policy and procedure.
Local Candidates highly desired.
How do we deliver on our promise of leading clients from insight to action?
An unwavering focus on five key principles:
A focus on shareholder return. This is our ?true north.? Our solutions are designed to balance efficiency with effectiveness, to maximize savings and mitigate risk.
A truly open mind. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Our portfolio is broad enough to approach every project without presumptions, preconceptions or predetermined agendas.
An arsenal of original research. We generate original research based on real data and fresh insights that leads to better answers. It?s so good, the industry relies on it.
A ten-year view. For our clients. For our industry. Yes, short-term success is important, but identifying, understanding and preparing for future opportunities is the path to long-term growth.
The right first step. No matter where you are in the process, a sound strategic approach is necessary for success. Because the first step always determines your destination.
Use this job description
Civil Design Engineer III
OUR FIRM + YOU
Sherwood Design Engineers: Engineering + Ecology + Creativity
Are you ready to join the forefront of sustainable engineering? Sherwood Design Engineers is changing the way cities are built in the 21st Century. Help chart the course to a greener future as part of our dynamic, mission-driven San Francisco team.
Sherwood Design Engineers is an international civil engineering practice committed to integrating ecology and climate resilience into infrastructure through innovative, cutting-edge design. We partner with top design teams from around the world working at the building, neighborhood, and city scale. We bring specialized leadership in innovative site engineering, including watershed management, sustainable water systems, green building, and urban ecological systems.
We have pioneered the intersection of infrastructure with ecological-urban design on hundreds of leading international engineering projects in more than 20 countries. Our work is often the first-of-its-kind in applying green infrastructure systems, strategies and concepts to a spectrum of planning, engineering and construction projects. We deliver highly integrated, highly collaborative design developed in tandem with the world's leading architecture and landscape architecture firms.
Founded in 2002, our award-winning projects include Hudson Yards in New York (the largest private real estate development in U.S. history), San Francisco Better Streets Plan, Greater New Orleans Urban Water Plan, revitalization of the iconic waterfront Brooklyn Bridge Park, and the 35 square-km Baietan Urban Area Plan in the heart of Guangzhou, China.
We are seeking an individual with a great attitude, ready to work hard as part of our mission-driven company. We are looking for someone who can keep the long-view in mind while solving complex and dynamic day-to-day assignments. You should be able to work productively as a leader and as a team member. This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation will be based on work experience and is negotiable.
Design Engineer III
We have an immediate need for an exempt, full-time Design Engineer III to work at our San Francisco headquarters. Only Civil Engineers (No Mechanical, Geotechnical, Environmental, Chemical or Structural) should apply.
- Work closely with internal project team in development of Construction Documents for all scales of site development
- Work with a team of design engineers, CAD designer to assure Quality Assurance and Quality Control through various phases of projects
- Lead a team of junior engineers in the development of project deliverables.
- Create and implement innovative design techniques that enhance company productivity of assignments
- Ensure engineering designs are in compliance with current applicable state & local regulations
- Develop project specifications in CSI format
- Develop illustratives, drawings and visual aids
- Works independently under general supervision
- Exercise sound judgment on design decisions and in application of standard methods
- Work with multiple site base files oriented in different coordinate frames and varying units
- Assemble and collate plan set packages
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive company and client information
- Works well and communicates effectively with others
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, multi-task, and use time effectively
- Ability to read and interpret written information, and follow instructions
- Ability to read, interpret, collect data documents, and design topographic data sets
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, and memos
- Maintains accurate and complete records
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, quick and dynamic environment
- Willingness to work with multiple staff and be a part of multiple teaming scenarios.
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- Experience with Site Grading, Earthwork Calculations, Road Design, Drainage (Calculations & Reports), Utility Layout & Sizing, Technical Report Writing
- Experience in assembling and collating plan set packages
- Previous experience in putting together plan set packages and providing redlines for drafters
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- EIT required. PE preferred
- LEED Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Google Apps
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of GIS and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of civil design programs (Civil 3D, LDT, Hydro CAD, Flowmasters, Storm CAD, etc.) preferred
- Open office-noise level in the work space is generally moderate
- Regularly required to sit, occasionally required to stand and walk, use hands to feel, or handle objects, tools or controls, reach with hands or arms.
- See details of objects that are more/less than a few feet away
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Product Design Engineer
Responsible for researching and developing concepts for products and production processes for user interfaces. This incorporates
mechanical and electromechanical components in combination with electronics as well as decoration processes for materials like plastic, glass and metal.
- Designs models and test prototypes for products.
- Conducts research, creates concepts and design proposals for projects.
- Establish design briefs.
- Identities and selects materials needed for potential products.
- Creates product and process specifications.
- Creates parts lists.
- Develops product cost models and business cases.
- Creates functional prototypes for customer demonstration.
- Plans marketing initiatives for new products.
- Researches appropriate production processes.
- Researches potential suppliers for production processes and components.
- Travel to production facilities to evaluate processes.
- Implements production processes into production facilities.
- Use computer-aided design (CREO) to design concepts.
- BS in Design or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Injection Molding experience (appliance or automotive) industries preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Previous customer interaction required
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft office suite.
- Electronic experience preferred.
- Relocation Available
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3
Title: AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER - LEVEL 3 Location:
US-KY-Lexington Job Number: 17202343 Computer Task Group is seeking an Aeronautical Engineer to work a 6 month contract position onsite at their client's location in Lexington, KY. Description Evaluates structure integrity using classic and finite element methods. Employ classic analysis methods to derive loads using rigid body calculations followed by construction of shear and bending moment diagrams, with the ultimate objective of stress state interactions and fastened joint stress interactions to determine margins of safety.
Employ finite element methods, using industry standard tools such as FEMAP and NASTRAN to develop more accurate stiffness representations of load paths to perform loads analysis, for both rigid body correlations and internal loads extraction in support of classic stress and fastened joint calculations. Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory: Femap/NASTRAN/Classic Methods/Primary Structures Stress Engineer/B.S.
Degree Engineering Desired: ANSYS/AFGROW, Microsoft Office Suite Please send all resumes to Jessica Novobilski at Jessica.Novobilski@ctg.com referencing job SOF 211 or apply below. Qualifications: CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value.
CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe. CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011). CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran. Job: Engineering
Use this job description
Aerospace Design Engineer
BaronHR Technical has an opportunity for a Design Engineer with an aerospace manufacturer in Independence, OH.
This is a 1 year contract position with an opportunity for long term employment with a world leader in the aerospace industry.
Pay rate for this position is $70 per hour.
• Technical responsibility for all design related tasks of the project while working with the following:
o Project head to ensure that design tasks are properly managed to achieve end item deliverables in accordance with project plans.
o Integrated Product Team (IPT) to ensure engineering integration into overall program requirements.
o Divisional engineering teams to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied, lessons learned are addressed and a robust product is developed.
• Executes design activities including:
o Customer / Suppliers:
Liaise with customer/suppliers for all design related issues.
Foster strong customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility.
Assist with development and maturation of system procurement specification and statement of work.
o Integration / Planning:
Responsible and accountable for all design tasks and completion dates.
Sets design priorities and objectives with a strong drive to meet expectations.
Communicates progress and roadblocks with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and the project head.
o Design Tasks
Develops, reviews, recommends, coordinates design, and design change activity with customer. Other company disciplines including production and manufacturing engineering.
Generates design documentation such as trade studies, tolerance stack-ups, interface agreements, installation and proximity sensing analysis.
Investigates design related issues and develops effective solutions.
Develop landing gear and landing gear mechanisms from customer specifications considering regulatory requirements and company engineering methodologies.
Generate design layouts, developmental, and kinematic assemblies within Catia V5.
Utilize new product Introduction tools to facilitate execution for design related tasks as required.
Present designs at internal and external design reviews to ensure the design meets requirements and expectations.
Develop and achieve agreement on landing gear interfaces with customers and suppliers.
o Problem Resolution
Performs engineering investigations into failures and participates in root cause and corrective action.
Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of problems.
Ensures compliance to company engineering methodologies by providing direction/guidance to the design team.
Maintains compliance to ITAR and regulatory requirements.
Occasional travel between customer/suppliers and other company locations.
May be asked to complete other tasks based on skills and qualifications.
- Must have aerospace experience and be strong in conceptual design, be familiar and comfortable working with oleo pneumatic, cantilever shock design, trailing arm, shock struts.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering required. Or a minimum of 10 years of experience in landing gear design and development.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within the aerospace industry. Must include extensive experience in new product development of transport and / or military type aircraft components and assemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with PDM (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Team Center) system.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Catia V5 with strong emphasis on solid modeling and kinematics.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and suppliers.
- Understanding of performance based specification requirements, requirements management and verification.
- In-depth knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point).
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident alien to be in compliance with ITAR (International Trade in Arms Regulations).
Network Design Engineer With Sdn/Contrail
Amick Brown is seeking a Senior Network design Engineer with 9+ years of experience. In this position, you will troubleshoot, identify and resolve product, the configuration of network related issues in a timely fashion. You will ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with customer’s products and services. This role is a full-time hire, onsite position.
- Plan and design Wide-Area Network infrastructure
- Analyze and develop capacity planning models
- Participate in development and implementation of multiple network projects and initiatives
- Update lab network according to production network and recreate reported issues in a lab environment with customer’s configuration and topology
- Work with escalation and engineering teams to investigate and resolve software and hardware defects
- Experience working on site a carrier/service provider
- Network Virtualization - Contrail is a must
- Large-scale IP Architecture
- MPLS Cloud
- Experience with GRE Tunnels
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of BGP, MPLS, and OSPF
- Proficient with JunOS and IOS
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Senior Design Engineer / Engineering Supervisor
/OSRAM is one of the world’s leading lighting manufacturers and has a history dating back more than 100 years. Made up of approximately 24,000 employees globally and with € 3.875m in sales, OSRAM is a lighting technology provider in the areas of automotive and specialty lighting, opto semiconductors, luminaires, lighting systems and solutions.
Our product portfolio ranges from high-tech applications using semiconductor-based technologies, such as infared and lasers, to networked, intelligent lighting solutions for buildings and urban areas.Novità Technologies is part of OSRAM’s Specialty Lighting business, comprised of the company’s automotive lighting, as well as professional and industrial application activities./ * * JOB SUMMARY: * * Responsible for performing and leading design engineering projects. Lead Designer in various phases of major projects. Guru in his/her area of expertise.
Lower seniority engineers rely on this engineer for sound guidance and design leadership. This is a leadership position that interfaces closely with mechanical, manufacturing, and purchasing roles in a fast growth, fun and empowered environment. * * ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * * 1. Conceptualize, design, and produce prototypes of analog, digital, and embedded electronic devices and/or mechanical assemblies. 2.
Develop innovative design concepts that improve cost or increase functionality for enabling market share improvement, increase customer satisfaction. 3. Investigate & analyze new technologies, materials, equipment, eng. practices. 4. Drive product development from concept through production. 5.
Prepare engineering computations (WCCA), estimates, statistics, designs and the applicable documentation. 6. Analyze quotations, bids, and costs for projects and develop recommendations. 7. Act as liaison between customer and/or suppliers and the division for assigned engineering projects. 8.
Assist in the coordination of procurement and production activities. 9. Insure adherence to APQP and DFM systems from a design perspective. 10. Organize & lead design reviews with internal and external groups. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: * * 1.
Perform or assist with equipment and material test studies. 2. Provide leadership and guidance to junior EEs & Techs. * * SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES: * * 1. Capable of working with independently with little supervision 2.
Ability to effectively communicate ideas and objectives. 3. Passion for new and innovative optical, electronic, or mechanical solutions. 4. Project Management & Control 5.
Multi-tasking and crisis control 6. Customer Relations 7. Problem solving skills – fishbone, others. * * TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION * Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MSEE is a plus * 8-10 years successful electrical design experience
Embedded and other SW design experience
Automotive electronics design experience is a plus
Optical design experience a plus
Title:Senior Design Engineer / Engineering Supervisor
Use this job description
Machine Design Engineer - WI
Grow your career working for a successful and growing systems integrator with multiple offices in WI. We are able to provide complete control systems and machinery for a wide variety of applications and industries. The Machine Design Engineer will be a member of the engineering team responsible for designing and CAD drafting to develop and improve machines, components, processes and procedures. Work on exciting and challenging project in diverse industries!
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or similar experience
- Great communication skills and ability to work with others
- Solidworks experience is a must have
- At least 5 years of experience with fixture and machine design
- Responsible for designing, drawing and developing processes and procedures to produce customized applications and products to achieve customer’s desired results
- Consult with customers, vendors, applications engineering, sales and assembly to determine the most effective procedure to take projects from concepts to realization
- Assist with the assembly, startup, installation and initial application of end product
- Support sales and application engineering with details, specifications and concepts to support creation of quotations and proposals in the required time frame to meet customer needs and expectations