Aeronautical Design Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Design Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer Senior
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. This position requires a Final Secret Clearance to start.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technical discipline.
Five plus years of experience in proposal writing.
Experience coordinating with pertinent organizations to develop executable Flight Test proposals.
Experience with flight test operations.
Experience preparing and delivering briefs to all levels of management.
Experience with MS Office.
Understanding of Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-domain team. F-35 Program experience. Ability to articulate complex matters in concise oral and written presentations in a fast-paced proposal environment. Ability to interpret and clarify contract requirements and decompose to a Technical Statement of Work. Ability to write subcontractor Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Supplier Statements of Work. Ability to interface with business management, estimating, other functional organizations, and the customer (Joint Program Office and DCAA) on LM Aero and supplier proposal activities. Control Account Manager (CAM) experience. Familiarity with proposal tools such as eCAPS and APTS. Strong coordination across various IPTs / integration skills. Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills.
Experience generating estimates, trade studies, tracking performance.
Experience with project engineering.
Click here to view a full job description and apply if qualified! Post a Job
Senior Aeronautical Engineer – Design
Come Sky With Us
At Terrafugia, the sky’s not the limit…it’s cruising altitude. We’re fast paced, innovative disruptors building the world’s first practical flying car.
Terrafugia is still small but we are growing fast. We have a number of Transition® prototypes and our test pilots have logged more than one hundred hours of flight testing.
Working at Terrafugia will give you the opportunity to test and hone your skills as well. We’re industry leaders, not followers. You won’t find a set of instructions that come with your role here. What you will find is a can-do attitude grounded in science that encourages curiosity, imagination, thoughtful collaboration and initiative.
You will be working on exciting projects as we push the boundaries of aviation and automotive technologies. We are looking for self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
As a Key Contributor You Will
Assist in the design of flight control systems and assess structural capability and aircraft performance, stability and control
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Complete the mechanical design of flight control and autopilot hardware, including mechanical design supporting DFM and DFA principles
- Perform stress analysis of metallic and composite parts
- Design, plan, execute and document static load tests of flight surfaces and flight control components
- Assist in aircraft flight and ground testing including assessment of aircraft performance and controllability
- Provide support for the development, procurement, manufacturing and modification of aircraft systems, sub-systems, components and equipment with the ability to provide expertise in manufacturing, design and repair of composite and metallic aircraft structures
- Support systems engineering in assessing aircraft compliance to ASTM standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 7+ years technical work experience, OR
- A master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience
- Advanced knowledge of general aviation aircraft component design and construction
- In depth knowledge of structural analysis on aerospace components
- Understanding of basic aircraft and flight control aerodynamics
- Creation and analysis of parts, assemblies and drawings using CAD software
- Outstanding organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Aircraft component static load testing
- Aerodynamic loads development
- Certification experience (ASTM F2245, 14 CFR Part 23)
- Derivation of aircraft performance from test data
- Stability and Control assessment
- Knowledge of the uses and pitfalls of VLM, panel codes, CFD, wind tunnel testing and flight testing
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Aeronautical Data Integration Engineer
Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Systems Engineering support for use of aeronautical databases and Mission Planning systems in CNS/ATM Integrations.
Essential Job Functions: Performs tasks with little to no guidance Assure system compliance with CNS/ATM RNP RNAV FRD and Mission Planning requirements. Translate operator functionality requirements into a system specification. Review conceptual
requirements, system specification documents, hardware and software requirements, and detailed hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with functional requirements. Support system level designs, installation, testing, and certification in aircraft
and mission planning systems. Utilize principles of systems engineering, and other engineering disciplines, to evaluate and recommend solutions, and clarify requirements.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U. S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience.
At least 5 years of experience applying DO-200A requirements to a navigation database or applying DO-178 requirements to aircraft software.
Thorough understanding of DAFIF format, content, and relationship to commercial navigation database standards.
Strong Systems Engineering skills, with a background in one or more of the following areas: Navigation, Flight Management Systems, military aviation Mission Planning, JMPS.
Experience with the Navigational use of DAFIF.
Understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and CNS/ATM requirements.
Ability to work closely with NGA, FAA, NAVFIG, NAVAIR Program Offices, and other navigation database stakeholders.
Familiarity with DoD and NAVAIR acquisition processes and Systems Engineering Technical Reviews.
Strong communication skills, attention to detail, experienced team leader/builder, ability to work closely with multiple diverse teams simultaneously, and the drive to contribute to program success.
Ability to work independently, or in a multi-discipline team.
Desire and ability to leverage lessons learned by evaluating processes and solutions/conclusions from previous efforts.
Intimate knowledge of DAFIF specification, ARINC 424 specifications, and other commercial navigation database formats.
Experience with SQL, Microsoft Access, and database building and manipulations.
Experience with C/C++ or other object oriented high order software languagePost a Job
Aeronautical Engineer Senior / Advanced Programs
Basic QualificationsBachelor or Above Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent
Must have a Final Secret to Start
Experience with structural analysis by hand methods
Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Understanding of drawing practices, material properties and manufacturing processes
Experience using LM Aero Common Analysis Tools including SLIM/Vision/IDAT
Expert MSC NASTRAN/PATRAN or ABAQUS
Familiarity with CATIA V5
Excellent writing and communication skills
Composites and metallic analysis
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Post a Job
Engineer- Mechanical Or Aeronautical Engineering - Relocate To San Diego, CA
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer, to join our Hardware Design team, that will be responsible for conceptualizing and articulating innovative resolutions to highly technical and complex mechanical and aeronautical engineering problems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Represent the company nationally, through technical presentations and papers as an expert, consultant, and champion of specialized engineering knowledge in one or more of the following subject areas; static and dynamic structural analysis, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics.
- Anticipates and reports on future engineering challenges that will directly impact the present and future engineering objectives of the organization.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance for research into the solution of engineering problems.
- Advises or directs the planning for the implementation of engineering solutions, including strategic objectives and timetables.
- Participates or directs the allocation of technical resources and professional staff to achieve objectives.
- Prepares status/progress reports and ensure compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Acts as spokesperson and represents the technical capabilities of the organization to national audiences.
- Functions as a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff.
- Effectively counsels, mentors and transfers highly specialized technical engineering knowledge to management, professional and support staff.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; eighteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, sixteen or more years of experience with a masters degree, or thirteen or more years with a PhD.
- Must be a nationally recognized expert in one or more engineering fields as demonstrated by: (1) original work(s) published in national professional engineering journals; (2) invited presentations to national engineering symposiums; (3) participation as Chair on national engineering review panels; and, (4) engineering patents held.
- Has demonstrated leadership ability by directing/developing the solution(s) to highly technical and complex engineering problems, and has been a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff. Must possess the ability to: (1) guide the resolution of unusually complex technical problems; (2) champion the development of new concepts and principles; and, (3) serve as an expert spokesperson on those concepts and principles.
- Must also possess excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be customer focused, and able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Clearance Required? Desired
Post a Job
Aeronautical Acoustic Engineer Technical Seta
Provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) support to a government program manager (PM) on a UAV R&D; program. Areas of research include acoustic signature coupling with atmospheric attenuation and background noise. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise support to the government in the form of independent review and summary of technical literature and emerging technologies and in support of technical conferences and workshops related to program technical areas. Responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the government PM in the evaluation of the testing of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) quieting technologies, specifically pertaining to airframe-generated acoustics.
- Assimilate and integrate technical inputs from performers, and analyze performers' technical deliverables and reports.
- Assist the government PM in the continuous survey and summarization of relevant government, academic, and contracted research
- Assist in coordinating potential mission and transition partners.
- Occasional travel to program performer sites.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Aeronautics and aero-acoustics with 9 years of experience, or a MS in Aeronautics and aero-acoustics with 12 years of experience.
- 5 years experience with the U. S. Government, including experience with requirements, CONOPS, R&D;, and transition.
- Experience with acoustic measurement, especially low noise level and human perception.
- R&D;, production, or operations experience with aircraft, especially UAV systems.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Experience with managing a multi-organizational, multi-disciplinary test an evaluation team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to write concisely and accurately present technical and scientific concepts and issues to people with varying levels of expertise.
Mechanical Design Engineer
must have at least 2 years' experience with practical use with AutoCad and Solidworks. WILL NOT be considered without this.
Totalflow Duties: Responsible for compiling quotes, this includes gathering requirements and interfacing with scheduling and production.
Compile project documentation, this includes completing drawings and supporting production needs during construction. Required knowledge to find cost effective solutions and products to meet design requirements. Responsible for engineering document management including making updates to current drawings and schematics as well as designing new features that have defined timelines.
Basic Function: Mechanical Engineering encompasses a variety of engineering assignments such as planning, designing, and modifying machinery, equipment and products for the oil and gas industry. It also co-ordinates activities internally and with other groups to effectively accomplish objectives requiring knowledge of associated functions and related engineering fields.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Perform the less complex engineering assignments associated with various engineering activities. Monitor progress, comply with quality and schedule requirements, and maintain detailed logs and records.
Use computer programs to perform various engineering operations, conduct analyses and provide related data and information. Compile and assimilate data from various sources, conduct relatively routine operations and tests, prepare reports and develop graphics for presentations.
Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio required.
Complexity of Tasks: Assignments require application of standard engineering concepts, mechanical component and system design in a project management environment, and general understanding of the group's operations in order to provide effective engineering support.
Requires ability to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and resolve routine problems. Experience in or basic understanding of oil and gas industry and terminology preferred.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and up to 2 years of experience; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
Post a Job
Auto Cad / Design Engineer
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support the development of new products and modification of existing products working across a global organization.
- Perform complex calculations to determine performance analysis, stress analysis, tolerances, etc.
- Perform testing and evaluation of theoretical designs; recommend modifications based on results.
- Serve as primary technical resource for assigned new and existing devices.
- Develop and execute mechanical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and coordinate product implementation utilizing both internal and external resources.
- Research solutions to technical problems and recommend cost effective resolution approaches.
- Develop and present in customer presentations related to new product development and/or product modifications and enhancements.
- Advanced computer skills, including the use of CAD solid modeling, (Vault and Inventor preferred).
- Understanding of design parameters for metal stamping and machined components preferred.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and manufacturing quality tools, including the Design, Failure, Mode, and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) process.
- Lead the mechanical portion of a electromechanical design, using skills such as planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and some project management.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, with both technical and non-technical customers, including group presentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
- Converts standard measurement into metrics measurement with ease.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
2 or more years of experience in related industry
Although not frequent, International, and domestic travel are possible in this role. All employees must be eligible to travel internationally by all standard modes of transportation.
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for an new opportunity in Novi, Mi. This position will serve as a mentor for mechanical design engineers; on occasion, this position will direct the activities of mechanical design engineers, per the direction of the Departmental Manager
- 4-6 Years’ experience in OEM automotive product design, including:
- Experience in the design and engineering of injection-molded plastic components
- Experience in the design and engineering of stamped sheet metal components
- CATIA V5 CAD design skills or equivalent in another CAD software
- Experience using DFMEA and/or DRBFM analytical tools
- Experience using PLM tools, especially ProductCenter and TeamCenter
- In-Depth understanding of the automotive product design and development process
- Proper drafting, dimensioning and tolerancing techniques, including GD&T.
- Knowledge of the APQP process Eligibility
- Experience with the automotive OEM vehicle development process for OEMs such as Chrysler, Ford, GM, or Toyota
- Utilize software tools such as FEA and mold flow analysis to confirm design integrity
- Uses analysis techniques such as the DFMEA to identify and assess design and manufacturing risks. Develops plans to validate the robustness of product designs.
- Travel to customer and supplier facilities, as necessary.
- Experience using other CAD tools, especially Unigraphics and ProEngineer
- Previous audio design experience
- Proper drafting, dimensioning and tolerancing techniques, including GD&T.
- Knowledge of the APQP process
- Experience with electronics
- Experience in the design and engineering of die-cast metal components
- Experience in heat/thermal management
- Experience using analytical tools such as ANSYS or Mold-Flow
- Experience using MS Office s/w, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- BSME, BSMET or related degree.
- Work experience beyond the minimum experience requirement may be an acceptable substitute for engineering degree.