Aeronautical Design Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Design Engineer
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design Controls or Special Systems projects to meet scope of work and budget as defined by contract documents and sales estimate ensuring equipment compatibility.
- Provide detailed sequence of operations.
- Interpret project documents, estimate, and other information as available to select the proper equipment to achieve the scope of work required in the most economical and functional manner.
- Accurately forecast necessary labor required to engineer a complete project and track this over time to achieve budget and forecast goals.
- Recommend technical solutions to sales and operations. Constantly research outside purchase products.
- Provide support to contractors to solve building operating issues that go beyond the controls or special systems operation.
- Communicate with internal employees as required to ensure engineering is accurate and timely.
- Provide input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, value engineering, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Communicate with external organizations as required such as consulting engineers, building owners, and other contractors to ensure accurate and timely engineering.
- Provide support for ongoing service engineering and support for existing building systems.
- Complete Bill of Material for every project.
- Suggest/recommend new products that provide better functionality and value to projects.
- Generate Request for Information (RFIs) to clarify design issues and recommend appropriate solutions as necessary.
- Assist Sales team during estimation/bid phase of the project by providing design support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Two year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is excellent.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by local management.
- An understanding of basic computer systems including MS Office Suite of products.
- The ability to configure and debug basic computer problems.
- Some experience with programming.
- A clear ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- The ability to troubleshoot basic electric and electronic circuitry including reading and interpreting electrical and electronic diagrams.
- A working understanding of AC power circuitry including breakers, multi-phase power, etc. (120VAC and greater)
- Clear and concise ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- An ability to understand empathetically the issues and perceptions others have and to creatively and successfully work through these issues to achieve a successful outcome and customer and employee satisfaction.
- A thorough understanding of HVAC operations within a facility if working in the controls field.
- Have a very deep understanding of the DDC. They also understand the other systems involved in the mechanical and electrical portions of building controls.
- Have the experience to provide extensive integration support for a multitude of building systems.
- Be able to lift and carry drawings, personal computers, material, etc.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be able to spend a significant amount of time sitting
Post a Job
CACI is looking for a new Engineering Graduate in support of our Nation s space exploration initiative to work at NASA / Johnson Space Center in support of NASA s Engineering Directorate. Candidates should have great interest in aerospace vehicles and systems, enjoy working with avionics hardware and software, have had an outstanding academic career, and most of all, possess a great passion to contribute to our Nation s exploration of space.
Job Responsibilities with significant mentoring will grow to include:
- Develop, integrate, and test avionics Integration and Test Lab hardware and COTS software, ground facility hardware and software, spacecraft avionics components, spacecraft flight software and associated data, simulation software
- Work with NASA and spacecraft developer to integrate avionics hardware and software architecture
- Support setup, configuration, and integration of test rig data and I/O Pump hardware to interface with various simulation, emulation, and flight hardware elements.
- Develop facility requirements, architecture definition, and design
- Support Facility avionics integration and testing
- Develop and integrate simulations with Avionics Flight Systems
- Debug, test, and verification work with avionics and simulation facilities
- Space vehicle and simulation subsystem integration
- Space vehicle avionics and avionics interface definition
- Significant Customer interface
This work will take place in an avionics integration and test lab environment that is highly stimulating and dynamic and critical in the human space exploration initiative. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person wanting to work in a very team-oriented, friendly, but demanding environment. The ideal individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer relationship skills. Above all, the individual will have a positive, can-do attitude, be flexible, and be willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen.
- New graduate, but prefer any relevant work experience (which can include student internships, co-ops, or support of university computing labs, etc.).
- Minimum 3. 2 GPA with a B. S./M. S. preferred in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Will also consider Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering with any hardware or electronics background and software skills.
- Coursework in any of the following topics are helpful: numerical methods and simulation, electrical/electronic systems, communications, avionics, etc.
- Strong software development background required to solve technical problems, preferably in Python and C or C++ in a Unix / Linux environment, as well as hands-on wiring and assembly of electronic components.
- Must be highly mature and responsible, and team-oriented with strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Co-op or intern experience in the aerospace industry is a plus, particularly in the NASA JSC environment.
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS, C, and Python language is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Strong computer hardware and software skills are a significant plus.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support the development of new products and modification of existing products working across a global organization.
- Perform complex calculations to determine performance analysis, stress analysis, tolerances, etc.
- Perform testing and evaluation of theoretical designs; recommend modifications based on results.
- Serve as primary technical resource for assigned new and existing devices.
- Research solutions to technical problems and recommend cost effective resolution approaches.
- Develop and present in customer presentations related to new product development and/or product modifications and enhancements.
- Advanced computer skills, including the use of CAD solid modeling, (Vault and Inventor preferred).
- Understanding of design parameters for metal stamping and machined components preferred.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, with both technical and non-technical customers, including group presentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
- Converts standard measurement into metrics measurement with ease.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
3-5 Years of experience in Mechanical Design will consider less experience.
Although not frequent, International, and domestic travel are possible in this role. All employees must be eligible to travel internationally by all standard modes of transportation.
Electrical Engineer Senior, Electronics LED Digital Signage - Senior Design Engineer
NOTE: Danville IL is 1.5 hours from Indy, 2.5 from Chicagoland, 3.5 from St. Louis. Watchfire Signs is an exciting, dynamic growing company, headquartered in Danville IL. We are more than 80 years strong and have been growing steadily. Vertically integrated, we do everything from engineering design to sign installation and service, including circuit board assembly; sign metal cabinet assembly, and final product integration and calibration. Watchfire offers comprehensive benefits including 401K with matching, affordable health/dental insurance, paid time off in year of hire, exceptional continuing education assistance and career advancement opportunities (with more than 35% of our positions filled by promotion). We have been an employer of choice for decades, and are growing strong! + Design and test electronics for our products which includes embedded systems, FPGAs, schematics, component selection, mechanical design, and project management.
Redesign and optimize existing products to improve functionality and cost.
Responsible for evaluating new software tools and components.
Create and maintain software and hardware documentation.
Specify new products and assist in project progression through production.
Cooperate with manufacturing engineering to move designs to production including product testing and regulatory efforts.
Utilize a strong focus on Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT).
Interact heavily and actively collaborate with teams all throughout our vertically integrated facility.
Requires BS degree: ECE, EE, CE STRONGLY preferred; EET, Computer Science and other technical degrees may be considered.
Strongly prefers work experience in electronics / electrical engineering design/optimization.
Requires familiarity, coursework or work experience with Embedded Design, FPGA Design, VHDL/Verilog, C, C++;
Requires familiarity, coursework or work experience with PCB assemblies;
Requires familiarity, coursework or work experience with both digital and analog circuits;
Requires familiarity with System Optimization; Knowledge and configuration of communication interfaces including Ethernet, PCI, UART, SPI, and I2C; + Required familiarity, coursework with Autodesk and Cadence products; + Strong project management experience desired.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaboration and working across teams for project completion.
Location: willingness to work full-time at our Danville IL headquarters (remote engineers not an option).
Work Authorization: Must have full authorization to work in the US, without requiring sponsorship now or in the future. Sorry, no H1B, OPT, CPT or other visa requirements are able to be supported for this entry level position. External Company Name: Watchfire Signs, LLC External Company URL: www.timeomatic.com
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3
Primary Location: US-KY-Lexington
Description Computer Task Group is seeking an Aeronautical Engineer to work a 1 year contract position onsite at their client's location in Lexington, KY.
Evaluates coupled solar radiation, airflow and conduction heat transfer by both classic methods and finite element analysis. Knowledge of a wide range of electronics equipment and cooling methods. Experienced in idealizing internal air flow and heat conduction paths into simplified representations to achieve efficient analysis. Determines appropriate boundary conditions, film coefficients and convection coefficients and is familiar with industry standard documents governing temperature requirements. Documents methods, calculations and results comprehensively and clearly, using industry standard substantiation format.
Coupled Flow Field and Thermal/ANSYS/BSME
Public Trust Clearance
FEMAP/Microsoft office suite/Stress Analysis Background
Please send all resumes to Jessica Novobilski at Jessica. Novobilski@ctg. com referencing job SOF 236 or apply below.
CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value. CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
Civil Design Engineer
Description The Civil Design Engineer will assist in the design of land development projects including grading, drainage analysis, street design, street widening, water distribution, sewage collection and storm drain systems. Additional tasks include preparation of SWPPPs, WQMPs and SUSMPs based on the new general permit and water quality requirements by county.
B.S. in Civil Engineering with 1 to 3 years experience in civil engineering field. * E.I.T. certification preferred.
Proficiency in computer design programs AutoCAD 2009 or newer, Civil 3D and HydrologyHydraulics software.
Experience with commercial-retail projects a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Transform initial rough product design information into working construction documents using AutoCAD. * Use AutoCAD software to establish horizontal and vertical alignments, profiles, cross sections and perform earthwork calculations.
Utilize AutoCAD and Civil 3D in preparation of plans for drainage, precise grading, water, sewer, storm drain, street improvements and site planning for land development projects.
Prepare engineering drawings to specified standards.
Design basic construction documents and prepare special exhibits and constraint maps using field data and engineering research.
Location: Santa Ana, California Division: Engineering
Post a Job
Design Engineer Associate (Eit)
Design Engineer Associate (EIT)Sioux City, IA Responsibilities: + Reviews and designs new towers and foundations.
Designs foundations based on soil information received and consulting with Professional Engineers to determine appropriate foundation types.
Analyzes existing towers for revised loading and determines required modifications if needed.
Completes structural modification designs for quoting purposes.
Coordinates modification designs with internal employees, consultants and contractors to complete proposals.
Applies structural engineering principles (steel, concrete, and soils) to designs.
Provides manual calculations to verify computer-generated results, when necessary.
Works closely with in-house Professional Engineers to develop the Associate's engineering skills.
Performs other duties as need or assigned. Requirements: + Entry level, up to 2 years' experience.
Candidate must have the ability and desire to learn all of the technical details of industry standards, and apply them to engineering procedures in order to design safe and efficient structures.
Must have professional and effective English communication skills for verbal and written correspondence.
Team player, self-starter, results-oriented and organized with a strong attention to detail; able to multi-task and complete tasks within a timely manner.
Must have proficient working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. Experience with RISA-3D or similar structural analysis software preferred.
This is an office position requiring the use of office equipment such as a computer, copier, fax, phone, etc. most of the day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Educational Requirements: + Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering. Shift: + Monday
Friday, 8 am
5 pm, Overtime as needed
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Tracking Code 1110 Job Description
Relocation Assistance Provided
Are you ready for the next big step in your career where you’ll get the opportunity to do things you’ve never done before? If you’re thinking “yes”, then we want to hear from you! We are growing and we’re looking for a top notch Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for doing innovative work. As we grow, we want you to grow and have the opportunity to do work you’ve never done before. We can offer you the chance to hone your leadership skills, grow and develop a group of junior engineers and be a key integral part of building our Engineering division and business at Southland. We are a people-centric company that strives to support career growth in a fun, supportive and collaborative environment. It’s the perfect place for someone like you to thrive in. What you’ll do: + Pursue and lead the conceptual design effort on a variety of significant projects.
You’ll help direct and lead a team of mechanical design engineers and provide mechanical and HVAC design training to the Division.
You’ll create and implement new lead design processes, solutions and standards that will ultimately make our team and company better.
You’ll have a seat at the table with our team leaders and will be valued for your input and contribution. What you’ll need to be successful:
An entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
An ability to work in a collaborative environment with other team members.
Be able to lead and influence the technical design solutions on prospective projects.
You’re creative and like coming up with out of the box solutions.
You really know your stuff and have an excellent working knowledge of design engineering for mechanical and HVAC systems.
You have experience working large and small office buildings, hotels, hospitals, data centers, central plants, cogeneration, high-tech manufacturing and laboratories.
Desired experience or interest in integrated project delivery (IPD), target value design (TVD), and design-build (DB). And you want more of this type of experience.
Desired experience or interest in the design and construction of emerging or alternate mechanical system (DOAS, TDV, UFAD)
Desired experience or interest with sustainable building design and building simulation energy modeling. Things we know you’ll likely have: + Systems and Software Expertise: + Familiar with AutoCAD, Revit or similar design software applications.
Trane Trace (or equivalent) load calculation program.
Proficient knowledge in use of MS Excel, power point, project and word.
Certifications: + LEED AP, CEM + Industry participation:
A Professional Mechanical Engineer license in good standing.
A minimum of 7-10 years of mechanical design and construction industry specific experience. Our Southland Engineering group has some the most respected thought leaders in the architectural, engineering and construction community. Believing deeply in the power of collaboration, we recognize that the best solutions transpire when many differing perspectives work together to drive innovation. If you’re up for the challenge and want to do some exciting work, we’d love to hear from you. Benefits:As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family: + 401(k) Plan with50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement + Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance + Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance + Disability Income Protection Insurance + Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care) + Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave + Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
Relocation Assistance Provided
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our web site:www.southlandind.comor onFacebookorLinkedInorTwitterTo hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video -Working at SouthlandEEOE/AA/Everify participating Employer Job Location Tempe, Arizona, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Post a Job
Mechanical/Mechatronics Design Engineer
Mechanical/Mechatronics Design Engineer Location : Fargo, ND Ready to push the boundaries? If so, we want you. . . We’re looking for people who can push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We know that to be truly creative and innovative, you need to work in an environment that encourages risk taking and tolerates failure. That’s part of our core values. Job Description As a key team member you will help design, develop, and manufacture cutting edge electromechanical and electrohydraulic components for high-density integrated mechatronic systems for mobile equipment.
As a creative engineer you will focus on using your subject matter expertise, while keeping managerial and administrative task to a minimum. Qualifications Bachelors of Science in Mechatronics, Electromechanical, Electronics, or Mechanical Engineering, or related degree with a preference for mechatronics Hands on experience with assembly processes and equipment Experience with mechanical failure analysis of electronic system Appliance or automotive industry experience is a plus Experience in working with off-shore suppliers is a plus Keeping abreast of industry trends, technologies, and best practices Significant experience designing precision engineered systems Experience planning and executing DoE Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment Responsibilities Creatively design mechatronics components for computer-controlled products, such as cameras, sensor, actuators for off-highway and aviation applications Optimize packaging density, material compatibility, thermal performance, structural performance, reliability, and cost Refine prototype designs to ensure compliance with end user requirements, stringent manufacturability and cost targets Design, develop processes, and qualify novel interconnect structures to reach high-density electronic designs Use engineering disciplines, such as DFMEA, DFM/DFA and CAE/CFD/FEM, to assure robustness of designs Develop new assembly technologies which may include welding, soldering, sintering, lamination, encapsulation/molding, or other types of electronics assembly techniques Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with the materials, interconnects, and environmental loads to develop a reliable design Cooperate closely with internal and external groups including purchasing, manufacturing, suppliers, and customers Work with legal team on IP clearance and filing for new IP on the new designs Follow the New Product Development Process through the different stage gates Ensure proper engineering & technical documentation Travel as needed to accomplish the tasks required, including meeting with customers, installing and testing prototypes, trouble shooting and other tasks as directed. Why Work at Appareo Systems?
Appareo Systems is focused on dramatic growth and innovation. With that in mind, Appareo Systems is committed to providing opportunities for individual growth and career satisfaction, and assisting employees to realize their potential by providing appropriate training and development opportunities. Culture is Everything Our culture is deeply rooted in our company purpose and core values.
We love what we do and we’re passionate about it. Everyone at Appareo is helping to build a company that is meaningful and impactful. We are defining the direction of a rapidly growing business.
We work hard, but we also have a little fun along the way. Passion for engineering video To learn more, watch our Recruiting video !
Post a Job
Wastewater Design Engineer - 723-I
Position Overview Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a position for a design level civil engineer with wastewater treatment experience in either the Austin, TX or the Corpus Christi, TX office. This is an Infrastructure Market Position.
Hanson is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug screenings and background checks will be conducted. General Assignments:
Duties may include responsibility for investigating, evaluating, and determining maintenance, repair, or additions to existing wastewater treatment plants, for planning, permitting, design, development of Construction Documents and coordinating document review by regulatory and funding agencies for both existing and new treatment plants, for supervising CADD, surveying, geotechnical, other related work associated with construction phase services, and for developing estimates of project costs and schedules, and construction costs and schedules, and other duties related to a municipal wastewater system. Qualifications: Position requires an ABET-accredited bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering with appropriate course work in the civil or environmental engineering disciplines and a Texas Professional Engineer license or be able to reciprocate a license from another state within 6 months. Candidate must have demonstrated expertise that includes familiarity with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality rules for wastewater process, permitting, design, and capacity requirements, Regulatory document review, and with Budgeting and Financing for capital improvements.
Candidate must have 10-15 years’ experience in wastewater collection, treatment, and effluent management projects that includes familiarity with operation and maintenance of a municipal wastewater system, establishing annual budgets for wastewater system operations, coordinating financing for capital improvements, and working with financing agencies. The candidate must be able to work as a key team member and independently, have excellent computer skills, have the desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills. Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments is important.
Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments and to work overtime to meet project demands. Candidates with the following qualifications preferred: A Master’s Degree in wastewater management or a closely related field, Project Engineering experience in wastewater treatment, and Design experience in AutoDesk REVIT/Civil 3D or Bentley Plant Design are pluses.
Experience in establishing annual budgets for wastewater system operations, coordinating financing for capital improvements, and working with financial agencies is desirable. Interested and qualified applicants, other than Hanson employees, should apply through the Hanson website, www.hanson-inc.com to job #723-I. As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply.
To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS City: Corpus Christi State/Province: Texas [TX] Title: Wastewater Design Engineer - 723-I Job ID: 723-I
Post a Job