Aeronautical Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer III - Flutter
Aeronautical Engineer III - Flutter + Jobs + Login
12-Sep-2016 to 12-Jun-2017 (EST) + SEMATS Operation
Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA + Salary + Full Time SURVICE Engineering Company offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off and holidays, 401(k) retirement and profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement and more Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job About Us: Established in 1981, SURVICE is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process.
We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today. In addition, we've helped create a central repository of defense systems related information and resources routinely used by analysts, testers, and other specialists. Position Summary:
SURVICE Engineering is seeking a level III Flutter Engineer to support our Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) Modeling, Analysis, and Tools (SEMATS) program at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL. The Flutter Engineer will be evaluating aircraft/store configurations to determine safe flutter limits. Primary Duties & Responsibilities: + Create, modify, and run computer simulation programs to evaluate the flutter of structures as they relate to aircraft aerodynamics + They will also plan and monitor flight tests, conduct analyses, research data, run and edit computer simulation programs, and write justification to support flight certification recommendations + Participate in airborne weapon systems development, integration, test and/or evaluation
Monitor flight tests, reduce flight test data, and integrate ground and flight test data to determine safe flutter flight limits Qualifications and Experience: + Bachelors degree degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace Engineering (or similar) required, Masters and/or Ph.D. preferred, with at least seven (7) years of general experience, as well five (5) years of specific experience required + Working experience, internships or graduate research projects that provided experience in aircraft dynamics loads, flutter, aero-elasticity, or related experience + Good analytical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills(both written and verbal) + Good interpersonal skills are imperative Security Clearance Requirement: + Must be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Security Clearance, which requires U.S.
Current security clearance is highly desired Relocation: + IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is located in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Relocation assistance may be available Benefits:
SURVICE Engineering Company offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off and holidays, 401(k) retirement and profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement and more. Recruiting Disclaimer: SURVICE Engineering utilizes our own internal corporate recruiters to fill our employment needs.
If you are contacted over the phone or e-mail by a company listing a SURVICE Engineering job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on SURVICE Engineering's behalf, please do not respond. EEOC Statement: SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. SURVICE Engineering Company
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3
Title: AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER - LEVEL 3 Location:
US-KY-Lexington Job Number: 17202343 Computer Task Group is seeking an Aeronautical Engineer to work a 6 month contract position onsite at their client's location in Lexington, KY. Description Evaluates structure integrity using classic and finite element methods. Employ classic analysis methods to derive loads using rigid body calculations followed by construction of shear and bending moment diagrams, with the ultimate objective of stress state interactions and fastened joint stress interactions to determine margins of safety.
Employ finite element methods, using industry standard tools such as FEMAP and NASTRAN to develop more accurate stiffness representations of load paths to perform loads analysis, for both rigid body correlations and internal loads extraction in support of classic stress and fastened joint calculations. Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory: Femap/NASTRAN/Classic Methods/Primary Structures Stress Engineer/B.S.
Degree Engineering Desired: ANSYS/AFGROW, Microsoft Office Suite Please send all resumes to Jessica Novobilski at Jessica.Novobilski@ctg.com referencing job SOF 211 or apply below. Qualifications: CTG is the most reliable IT services provider, built on 50 years of meeting our commitments to make technology work for clients and deliver real business value.
CTG provides industry-specific IT strategy, services, and solutions that address the business needs and staffing challenges of clients in high-growth industries, including major technology companies, large corporations, and government entities located in North America and Western Europe. CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work Company by Modern Healthcare (since 2013) in North America, and a Best Places to Work Company in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011). CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran. Job: Engineering
Use this job description
Senior Aeronautical Analyst
MDA Information Systems LLC in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking a Senior Aeronautical Analyst in support of DoD FLIP aeronautical charts to work in our Corporate Office.
The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.
MDA is an industry leader in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery form the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!
The Senior Aeronautical Analyst will apply aeronautical information necessary to maintain flight information, hazards to flight, and other aeronautical related data. Responsible for the revision of aeronautical charts, Area Arrival Charts Depicting Terrain Data, and Planning charts. Maintains aeronautical charts using software and web-based programs. The ability to perform Quality Control and review the work of others will be a key responsibility of this position. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of the data and symbology required to read and render aeronautical charts. The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Job Functions
- Performs updates on assigned client charts
- Performs verification of updates and quality control on charts
- Review the work of other analysts to ensure consistency
- Creates images of revised electronic design files and creates paper plot of those images.
- Performs self-edits on revised electronic design files and entities maintained in the database, as directed
- Makes designated corrections indicated by QA/QC
- Creates final raster images and transfers images to client
- Troubleshoot data and symbology issues that may cause misrepresentation of information.
- Provides technical direction, training and guidance to team as required or requested
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as requested or required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of aeronautical chart creation procedures highly desired
- Experience using ArcGIS, Bentley Map and/or other GIS software desired
- Demonstrated ability to be able to read and understand aeronautical charts
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented tasks
- Applicant must have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartography and or computer aided drafting / design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) desired
- Aviation experience including commercial rating and aeronautical charting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using ISO documentation for ISO 9000:2001 procedures
- Ability to work in a high performance team environment is required Ability to accurately identify changes between multiple pieces of source
Education and Experience
- Bachelor?s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Aeronautical Science or other related field of study
- Commercial Pilot certificate and/or Instrument rating, or Flight Dispatcher certificate is desired
- Eight (8) or more years of related and equivalent experience. A combination of aviation experience and cartography experience including previous work with aeronatuical charts is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented tasks
- Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills
Cyber Security Engineer I (Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer I (Cyber Security Engineer)
Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
This role serves as the Cyber Security Engineer position for a program. This position is responsible for engineering design, security tools maintenance and development of cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructure.
Candidate shall have more than 5 years of experience working within an enterprise operations environment with a focus on cyber security. Perform security tools maintenance as required. Support multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture. Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends. Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development. Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; or no experience required with a MD. Considered an emerging authority.BS/9-13
Senior QA Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold.
We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free.
Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are?
Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Are you passionate about delivering great customer experience, cooperating on product definitions with production teams, and do you love to be in the trenches of accomplishment? Are you someone that borders on engineer and artist? Are you interested in learning how the Zappos Family websites are being built? If so, you have found the right fit!
The Retail Fashion industry in the US alone is a $300 billion industry where only 11% of it is online and growing fast. Be part of growing initiatives in one of the best customer-focused brands online today.
The QA Engineer team is responsible for the quality of our retail website experience - a worldwide, multi-million dollar business that spans desktop, mobile web, and mobile applications. As such, we need people who are enthusiastic about writing software to ensure that we deliver the greatest customer experiences, and drive cutting edge technology and quality throughout the online clothing shopping experience.
What you'll be doing:
You will be building and maintaining an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation. You will be responsible of evaluating product functionality and creating test strategies and test cases to assess product quality. You will integrate with continuous deployment infrastructure to establish a build and test cycle, establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
What you'll bring to the table:
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools
Experience with test driven development
Experience in test automation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams
BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Knowledge of modern testing frameworks
Mobile Testing experience (iOS, Android, web)
Experience with Selenium, Capybara, Webdriver, Appium, and other UI testing frameworks
Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies for server class services.
Experience leading a Quality Assurance team
3-5 years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products both in web and mobile space
What you didn't know about the team: We are a team of problem solvers that likes to have a frosty beverage from time-to-time!
Use this job description
Software Engineer - Java
ABOUT Your Contributions:
Improve and maintain the design and architecture of our web platform
Develop and maintain robust high performance server side systems
Support and/or assist our frontend developers in creating innovative websites
3+ years in a full stack web development position
Knowledge of modern Java with proven application
Interested in researching new technologies and approaches to address business needs
Experience with web templating languages (e.g., Mustache, FTL, JSP)Experience with at least one server-side framework (e.g. Spring, Play)
About.com is reimagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through its premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire and its namesake About.com, we help tens of millions of users each month answer questions, solve problems, learn something new and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.
Use this job description
Senior Cloud Services Engineer / Devops Engineer
- Design, engineer and integrate the components of the technologies and infrastructure that support our technology products and services.
- Design, engineer and operate the automation frameworks and processes that support our software development and technology operations.
- Design and socialize the Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) needed to produce resilient, maintainable, and scalable technology products and services.
- Develop tools and scripts to improve our ability to continuously deploy, test and operate our products and services.
- Assist in the design, development, and deployment of new infrastructure and platform features and services.
- Assist our product development and operations teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Lead code reviews around platform and technology automation.
- Act as the configuration management subject matter expert as needed.
- Act as the operating system subject matter expert as needed.
- Represent the Systems Team on the Agile Release Train.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a must; working in a SAFe environment a big plus.
- Experience developing fault-tolerant distributed systems running on community components.
- Experience managing and scaling highly available systems and operations, particularly in cloud IaaS environments.
- Experience managing large scale AWS or similar cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or a comparable configuration management tool.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages and shells, particularly Ruby or Python.
- Ability to articulate concepts and ideas and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Ability to incorporate commitments, strategic objectives, and day-to-day tasks seamlessly.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Must be willing to travel on occasion and provide after-hours support as necessary.
- Must be able to work well autonomously and be a self-starter.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with OpenStack is helpful.
- Working knowledge of Java/J2EE architecture, development, and operations is helpful.
- Working knowledge of RESTful API development and usage is helpful.
- Working knowledge of one or more virtualization implementations is helpful.
Civil Engineering - Project Engineer (Hydrology)
The candidate will be working on both public works and private land development projects, specifically on flood control master plans, floodplain studies, drainage reports, storm drain and channel design.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Watershed Hydrology or similar
- PE License in the State of Arizona
- Minimum of 5-8 years of local experience
- Proficient in the use of storm water software including: HEC-1, HEC-RAS, Storm CAD, GIS, and AutoCAD
- Flo-2D and Civil 3D design software is a plus
- Must have knowledge of submittal requirements for local, county, and state agencies
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills, communicating engineering information clearly and concisely
- Ability to work above 40 hours as needed
· Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented Use this job description
Senior Software Engineer
Valence Health, a subsidiary of Evolent Health, provides value-based care solutions for hospitals, health systems and physicians to help them achieve clinical and financial rewards for more effectively managing patient populations. Leveraging 20 years of experience, Valence Health works with clients to design, build and manage customized value-based care models including clinically integrated networks, bundled payments, risk-based contracts, accountable care organizations and provider-sponsored health plans.
Providers turn to Valence Health’s integrated set of advisory services, population health technology and managed services to make the volume-to-value transition with a single partner in a practical and flexible way. Valence Health’s more than 900 employees empower 85,000 physicians and 135 hospitals to advance the health of 20 million patients. For more information, visit www.valencehealth.com.Summary:
Position for a developer interested in technical and industry knowledge growth acting as a contributor through all stages of software development in a fast-paced environment that utilizes a vast array of data and software technologies while working closely with business owners, business analysts, and other Software Engineers.
4 Year Degree in technical or scientific field
5+ years of experience with SQL
2+ years of experience with an SSIS or alternative ETL technology
Understanding of ETL principles
Understanding of C
#Experience either working independently or leading small teams of developers
Familiar with fundamentals of SDLC and change management
Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members
Ability to work effectively independently and as a team
Ability to troubleshoot and analyze code
Optional (Desired) Skills:
Experience with a web technology
We are a work hard, play hard company, with a mission to help change healthcare.
We are committed to treating our employees well, knowing that they in turn will treat our clients well, and help them provide higher quality, lower cost healthcare.
With 900+ employees located in Chicago and three other office locations, Valence Health is a small, but growing company doing big things.
Valence Health is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace.
Use this job description
Catia Design Engineer
Need CATIA Designers with the following skills:
- Experience with most recent versions of CATIA
- Experience using UNGX also considered
- Experience with exterior molding
- Experience with automotive interior design
- 5+ years of experience as designer
- No sponsorship
- No relocation assistance
- Excellent place to work and terrific leadership team