Aeronautical Engineer Job Description Sample
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3- Interim Secret
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Aeronautical Engineer for an open position in Lexington, KY.
Evaluates structure integrity using classic and finite element methods.
Employ classic analysis methods to derive loads using rigid body calculations followed by construction of shear and bending moment diagrams, with the ultimate objective of stress state interactions and fastened joint stress interactions to determine margins of safety.
Employ finite element methods, using industry standard tools such as FEMAP and NASTRAN to develop more accurate stiffness representations of load paths to perform loads analysis, for both rigid body correlations and internal loads extraction in support of classic stress and fastened joint calculations.
Femap/NASTRAN/Classic Methods/Primary Structures Stress Engineer/B.S. Degree Engineering
Senior Stress Engineer = Predominant and most recent experience in structures and stress engineering
- ANSYS/AFGROW, Microsoft Office Suite All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Aeronautical Engineer Be Part of the Next Generation of Flight! PAEISR is a leader in unmanned aerial systems, with a fleet of innovative aircraft designed to empower small tactical units, and safeguard our borders. PAEISR’s mission is to detect, protect and explore with technology at every altitude. The Aeronautical Engineer is part of a technical team which supports design, assembly, and testing of military and commercial systems. Responsibilities
Understands subsonic aircraft aerodynamics and handling qualities
Designs or modifies aircraft components, such as wings and tails
Estimates aircraft aerodynamics and performance
Downloads and analyzes recorded flight data
Generates tables and graphs of aircraft flight characteristics from empirical data
Estimates aircraft mission performance from flight data
Writes flight test reports
- Works with vendors to design and build wind tunnel models
Bachelors of Science in Aeronautical Engineering
Expertise in applied aerodynamics, such as flight testing and wind tunnel testing
Knowledge of aircraft design principals, including sizing wings and control surfaces
Knowledge of flight test data reduction and interpretation
5 years working with subsonic air vehicles
Working knowledge of flight testing methods
Proficient in MS Office PowerPoint, Word and Excel to document design information
Excellent technical writing skills, verbal communication skills and team mentality Preferred Qualifications + 3 years experience with aircraft performance + 3 years experience with aircraft design methodologies
Experience with aircraft stability and control is a plus
Experience with unmanned aircraft is a plus
- MON_TS An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Aeronautical Systems Engineer
KBRwyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans OFCCP's "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf AERO-OH-DA-17037: Aeronautical Systems Engineer Category Information Technology Group Engineering - AERO Location OH-Dayton (AERO) Schedule Full Time Job Description KBRwyle is seeking an experienced Aerospace Systems Engineer to support cyber resiliency of aeronautical systems and subsystems across the Air Force (AF). The successful candidate will utilize their expertise in developing and analyzing aeronautical systems and subsystems architectures to support the Cyber Resiliency Office for Weapon Systems (CROWS). The candidate will assist in the development of a security requirements construct for AF programs to help understand and scope cybersecurity and cyber resilience requirements.
The candidate will apply Risk Management Framework (RMF) controls, FFA direction, NDAA 1657 guidance and other inputs across DoD and the AF. The candidate will provide support to the Systems Engineering Branch of the Engineering Directorate. This position will focus on technical assessments and management of program developed artifacts, across a wide range of aeronautical systems.
They will perform key analyses and use technical management principles to assess the impact on the acquisition process. DoD and AF systems engineering processes will be employed to develop System Requirements Documents, System Performance Specifications, Statements of Work and required deliverables. The candidate will be experienced and successful at solving complex system integration and engineering issues, enjoy working in a dynamic, responsive, and collaborative environment, and dedicated to the success of our customers.
Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. A minimum of four (4) years of practical experience in engineering is required. Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have the ability to communicate with and distill information from technical resources during formal and informal meetings. Knowledge of systems engineering principles, verification and validation of requirements, and understanding the Air Force’s acquisition processes is desired. Current experience and knowledge of the DoD acquisition processes and other service specific requirements is preferred.
Ideal candidate would have experience in the CROWS work efforts and system engineering processes. Experience with RMF and cybersecurity analysis is also highly desired. Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3
Belcan has a Sr. Stress Engineer job in Lexington, KY.
Evaluates structure integrity using classic and finite element methods. Employ classic analysis methods to derive loads using rigid body calculations followed by construction of shear and bending moment diagrams, with the ultimate objective of stress state interactions and fastened joint stress interactions to determine margins of safety. Employ finite element methods, using industry standard tools such as FEMAP and NASTRAN to develop more accurate stiffness representations of load paths to perform loads analysis, for both rigid body correlations and internal loads extraction in support of classic stress and fastened joint calculations.
Stress Engineer must have: Femap/NASTRAN Classic Methods Primary Structures B.S. Degree Engineering Prefer someone with:
ANSYS/AFGROW Microsoft Office Suite If you're interested in the Sr. Stress Engineer job in Lexington, KY, please apply. SDL2017
Aeronautical Engineer Staff/ Advanced Development Programs
This engineering position is with our Historic Skunk Works in Palmdale, California. This position supports the LM Aero - Advanced Development Program as Vehicle Systems Engineer, Staff for the Flight Control and Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) integration team.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to design and build a system integration laboratory (SIL) including design of mechanical and electronic interfaces to support software development, integration and test efforts. Candidate will have hands-on hardware experience and software skills. Candidate will be able to troubleshoot hardware/software integration issues and perform integration and test.
Define, develop, analyze and coordinate SIL requirements, allocate requirements and define interfaces between subsystems. Responsibility includes flow down of requirements to procurement specifications, and management of vendor selection and vendor performance, including verification of requirements. The candidate will establish and maintain the software engineering environment (SEE) and identify and procure equipment to support system/software development throughout its lifecycle.
The candidate will support system/software verification and validation effort and customer reviews during all phases of system development. The candidate will develop and support integration and system check outs (SCO’s) procedures on flight test article and support pre-flight and post-flight analysis and reviews. Good oral and written communication skills are required as is the ability to flex and adapt in a fast-paced team environment.
Complex organization and documentation skills are required. Ability to develop solutions to specific technical challenges. Selected applicant will be subjected to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and special program clearances.
Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access. AEROADP Basic Qualifications Experience with system build, system integration, and test. Must have a Secret clearance to start Bachelor or above degree in a Engineering related discipline.
Desired skills Operational Flight Program (OFP) release and anomaly tracking processes. Experience in all aspects of the VMS development lifecycle: architecture, requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and flight test.
Demonstrated ability coordinating with systems engineering, hardware designers and subsystems.
Experience with managing suppliers. Experience programming in C/C++ and embedded software. Experience with MIL-STD 1553B and RS422/RS485 serial buses . Laboratory experience Excellent communication skills Experience with software configuration management.
Active Secret with Background investigation within Five years to start, with the ability to obtain a Secret SAP/SAR clearance/access As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3
Aeronautical Engineer - Level 3 Job Number: 218845 Category: Aerospace Description:
Belcan has a Sr. Stress Engineer job in Lexington, KY. Evaluates structure integrity using classic and finite element methods.
Employ classic analysis methods to derive loads using rigid body calculations followed by construction of shear and bending moment diagrams, with the ultimate objective of stress state interactions and fastened joint stress interactions to determine margins of safety. Employ finite element methods, using industry standard tools such as FEMAP and NASTRAN to develop more accurate stiffness representations of load paths to perform loads analysis, for both rigid body correlations and internal loads extraction in support of classic stress and fastened joint calculations. Sr. Stress Engineer must have:
Primary Structures * B.S. Degree Engineering Prefer someone with: * ANSYS/AFGROW
Microsoft Office Suite If you're interested in the Sr. Stress Engineer job in Lexington, KY, please apply.
Location: Lexington , KY Minimum Experience (yrs): 5+ Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...) Benefits: Return to search results Email this job to a friend If you have previously registered with us, please
Log into apply for this position. *Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
Aeronautical Engineer Intern - Summer 2018
The world’s greatest innovators rely on Calspan, as evidenced by our track record of successfully providing high-quality independent engineering design, test, and research services for more than 70 years. We are proud to offer innovators a wide array of engineering services to support their game-changing innovations in the Aerospace, Automotive, Commercial Transportation, and Motorsports Industries.
At Calspan, we promote an environment that empowers employees and encourages innovation. Our management team enables a strong sense of teamwork with each endeavor, where successes are shared and lessons learned. The company’s talent brand, “Be Calspan”, incorporates our company values to be Inclusive, Accountable and Innovative and our commitment to drive every individual to - Be Developed, Be Balanced, Be Connected, Be Community and Be Recognized. Our culture promotes a positive atmosphere and competitive can-do method of action.
Assist FRG Aero engineering group with the development of Matlab/Simulink models for Calspan owned aircraft. Work to develop/refine existing control system models to expand on the capabilities of Calpsan's Variable Stability System In-Flight Simulators. Support other on-going flight programs with general engineering support including data reduction, documentation control, and engineering process improvement.
- Actively enrolled in a (4) year degree program from accredited college or university
- (2) years of undergraduate work completed by May 2018. Candidates that are graduating in 2018 will not be considered.
- Engineering Major: Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering
- Matlab, Simulink, Control System Theory
- 3D CAD (Inventor or NX preferred), CFD or classical aerodynamic analysis
Job Description: : Material Review (MRB) engineering position at MCAS - Cherry Point, North Carolina to provide depot level support of the F-35 Program. The candidate must possess a unique set of skills combining strong engineering credentials with an understanding of aircraft practices and procedures.
Primary duties of this assignment include anomaly investigation, technical solution development and coordination, and preparation and release of dispositions to discrepancies on F-35 aircraft detail parts, assemblies, and installations. Candidate will be required to support staffing requirements necessary to cover all days & shifts worked by the depot team including some weekends. Candidate will be required to participate in training in Fort Worth prior to final deployment to Cherry Point.
Candidate must be strong a communicator with the ability to interface with mechanics, management, design IPTs, QA, Suppliers, Partners, and the Customer. Strong CATIA V4/V5, PowerPoint and Excel skills are a plus. Experience with depot practices and procedures is also a plus.
Candidate must possess experience making timely decisions. Must also possess the ability to understand and manage financial impacts created by specific decisions and team actions. Candidate must value and leverage diversity Must be a US Citizen.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Basic Qualifications Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Civil engineering field from an accredited college. Desired skills Familiarity with most types of aircraft materials and fabrication processes such as composites, metals, harness wiring, tubing, ducting, and general engineering principles is desired.
Prior internships or experience with military aircraft design, assembly, or repair is a plus. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Desired skills include CATIA V4/V5 or similar design software.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products. Logical problem solver. Self-starting, multi-tasker.
Some weekend, off shift and holiday work is required. Basic structural analysis in solution development is required. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges.
Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Job Location(s): Fort Worth Texas Security Clearance : Secret Business Unit : ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Job Class : Aeronautical Engineering Job Category : Experienced Professional City : Fort Worth State : TX Virtual : No Relocation Available : Yes Work Schedule : FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Req Type : Full-Time Shift : First Additional Posting Locations : Fort Worth SDL2017
Mechanical Or Aeronautical Engineers
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Perform assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables for mechanical engineering.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and execution of common work processes and procedures within mechanical / aeronautical engineering across the TOS contract.
- Perform work, generally within one discipline, which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment with relatively few complex features; supports mechanical / aeronautical engineering with deploying and adhering to common engineering work processes throughout the contract.
- Participate in the following engineering tasks to varying degrees at various times, dependent on the specific job assignment:
- Collect and / or derive systems requirements from various stakeholders, performing gap analyses on existing systems and / or proposing new systems
- Equipment design and development
- System design, including concept sketches and layouts and modifications / revisions to existing designs
- Testing of materials
- Preparation of specifications and design calculations
- Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
- Preparation or review of engineering studies and reports
- Provide systems installation engineering including detailed installation and checkout instructions
- Preparation of safety hazard analyses
- Preparation of operations and maintenance procedures, guidelines, and work instructions
- Preparation and maintenance of systems engineering configuration management documentation
- Systems engineering reliability analyses and asset management plans
- Preparation or review of material and labor quantity estimates
- Uses engineering computer aided design/computer aided engineering (CAD/CAE) tools
- Interface with Instrumentation, Data, and Control (ID&C) engineers; test and plant operations engineers; design engineers; facility analysis engineers; reliability engineers; project engineers and project managers; safety and environmental engineers; craft supervision and planners / schedulers; and other disciplines to ensure that the systems they are responsible for are ready to run properly when required and that maintenance outages are planned, coordinated, and properly scheduled.
- Qualification in and manning of test operations engineer control room stations
- Provide technical guidance to craft personnel in setup, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and removal of systems
- Develop and present technical training to craft personnel and other engineers
- Participate in incident investigations
- Fitness for service evaluations
- Committees formed for specific task
- Prepare letters for replies to vendor correspondence.
- Monitor schedule within discipline. Assist in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
- Review design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate to advanced degree of complexity, and prepares comments and recommendations.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering from an accredited college or university plus zero (0) to five (5) years of experience.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Possess an active DoD security clearance.
- Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the mechanical / aerospace engineering discipline.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- A master’s degree or post-graduate coursework in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operations / maintenance in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
- Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.The systems and environment at AEDC are varied from high velocity pressurized wind tunnels to vacuum chambers.Process systems include 4,000 psig air, steam, cryogenic helium, liquid nitrogen, flammable gases and liquids, high temperature service over 1,300 F, and various utilities including high, medium, and low voltage power.
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Jobs
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers a wide range of careers. We are located throughout the United States, with two residential campuses in Daytona Beach, FL and Prescott, AZ and more than 150 worldwide locations in the United States, Europe, Canada, and the Middle East.For a complete list of jobs available within our organization, please visit our website at http://www.erau.edu/jobs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!