Aeronautical Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer Senior
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. This position requires a Final Secret Clearance to start.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technical discipline.
Five plus years of experience in proposal writing.
Experience coordinating with pertinent organizations to develop executable Flight Test proposals.
Experience with flight test operations.
Experience preparing and delivering briefs to all levels of management.
Experience with MS Office.
Understanding of Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-domain team. F-35 Program experience. Ability to articulate complex matters in concise oral and written presentations in a fast-paced proposal environment. Ability to interpret and clarify contract requirements and decompose to a Technical Statement of Work. Ability to write subcontractor Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Supplier Statements of Work. Ability to interface with business management, estimating, other functional organizations, and the customer (Joint Program Office and DCAA) on LM Aero and supplier proposal activities. Control Account Manager (CAM) experience. Familiarity with proposal tools such as eCAPS and APTS. Strong coordination across various IPTs / integration skills. Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills.
Experience generating estimates, trade studies, tracking performance.
Experience with project engineering.
Click here to view a full job description and apply if qualified! Post a Job
Aeronautical Engineer Senior / Advanced Programs
Basic QualificationsBachelor or Above Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent
Must have a Final Secret to Start
Experience with structural analysis by hand methods
Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Understanding of drawing practices, material properties and manufacturing processes
Experience using LM Aero Common Analysis Tools including SLIM/Vision/IDAT
Expert MSC NASTRAN/PATRAN or ABAQUS
Familiarity with CATIA V5
Excellent writing and communication skills
Composites and metallic analysis
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Post a Job
Engineer- Mechanical Or Aeronautical Engineering - Relocate To San Diego, CA
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer, to join our Hardware Design team, that will be responsible for conceptualizing and articulating innovative resolutions to highly technical and complex mechanical and aeronautical engineering problems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Represent the company nationally, through technical presentations and papers as an expert, consultant, and champion of specialized engineering knowledge in one or more of the following subject areas; static and dynamic structural analysis, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics.
- Anticipates and reports on future engineering challenges that will directly impact the present and future engineering objectives of the organization.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance for research into the solution of engineering problems.
- Advises or directs the planning for the implementation of engineering solutions, including strategic objectives and timetables.
- Participates or directs the allocation of technical resources and professional staff to achieve objectives.
- Prepares status/progress reports and ensure compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Acts as spokesperson and represents the technical capabilities of the organization to national audiences.
- Functions as a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff.
- Effectively counsels, mentors and transfers highly specialized technical engineering knowledge to management, professional and support staff.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; eighteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, sixteen or more years of experience with a masters degree, or thirteen or more years with a PhD.
- Must be a nationally recognized expert in one or more engineering fields as demonstrated by: (1) original work(s) published in national professional engineering journals; (2) invited presentations to national engineering symposiums; (3) participation as Chair on national engineering review panels; and, (4) engineering patents held.
- Has demonstrated leadership ability by directing/developing the solution(s) to highly technical and complex engineering problems, and has been a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff. Must possess the ability to: (1) guide the resolution of unusually complex technical problems; (2) champion the development of new concepts and principles; and, (3) serve as an expert spokesperson on those concepts and principles.
- Must also possess excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be customer focused, and able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Clearance Required? Desired
Post a Job
Senior Aeronautical Engineer – Design
Come Sky With Us
At Terrafugia, the sky’s not the limit…it’s cruising altitude. We’re fast paced, innovative disruptors building the world’s first practical flying car.
Terrafugia is still small but we are growing fast. We have a number of Transition® prototypes and our test pilots have logged more than one hundred hours of flight testing.
Working at Terrafugia will give you the opportunity to test and hone your skills as well. We’re industry leaders, not followers. You won’t find a set of instructions that come with your role here. What you will find is a can-do attitude grounded in science that encourages curiosity, imagination, thoughtful collaboration and initiative.
You will be working on exciting projects as we push the boundaries of aviation and automotive technologies. We are looking for self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
As a Key Contributor You Will
Assist in the design of flight control systems and assess structural capability and aircraft performance, stability and control
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Complete the mechanical design of flight control and autopilot hardware, including mechanical design supporting DFM and DFA principles
- Perform stress analysis of metallic and composite parts
- Design, plan, execute and document static load tests of flight surfaces and flight control components
- Assist in aircraft flight and ground testing including assessment of aircraft performance and controllability
- Provide support for the development, procurement, manufacturing and modification of aircraft systems, sub-systems, components and equipment with the ability to provide expertise in manufacturing, design and repair of composite and metallic aircraft structures
- Support systems engineering in assessing aircraft compliance to ASTM standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 7+ years technical work experience, OR
- A master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience
- Advanced knowledge of general aviation aircraft component design and construction
- In depth knowledge of structural analysis on aerospace components
- Understanding of basic aircraft and flight control aerodynamics
- Creation and analysis of parts, assemblies and drawings using CAD software
- Outstanding organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Aircraft component static load testing
- Aerodynamic loads development
- Certification experience (ASTM F2245, 14 CFR Part 23)
- Derivation of aircraft performance from test data
- Stability and Control assessment
- Knowledge of the uses and pitfalls of VLM, panel codes, CFD, wind tunnel testing and flight testing
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Aeronautical Data Integration Engineer
Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Systems Engineering support for use of aeronautical databases and Mission Planning systems in CNS/ATM Integrations.
Essential Job Functions: Performs tasks with little to no guidance Assure system compliance with CNS/ATM RNP RNAV FRD and Mission Planning requirements. Translate operator functionality requirements into a system specification. Review conceptual
requirements, system specification documents, hardware and software requirements, and detailed hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with functional requirements. Support system level designs, installation, testing, and certification in aircraft
and mission planning systems. Utilize principles of systems engineering, and other engineering disciplines, to evaluate and recommend solutions, and clarify requirements.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U. S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience.
At least 5 years of experience applying DO-200A requirements to a navigation database or applying DO-178 requirements to aircraft software.
Thorough understanding of DAFIF format, content, and relationship to commercial navigation database standards.
Strong Systems Engineering skills, with a background in one or more of the following areas: Navigation, Flight Management Systems, military aviation Mission Planning, JMPS.
Experience with the Navigational use of DAFIF.
Understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and CNS/ATM requirements.
Ability to work closely with NGA, FAA, NAVFIG, NAVAIR Program Offices, and other navigation database stakeholders.
Familiarity with DoD and NAVAIR acquisition processes and Systems Engineering Technical Reviews.
Strong communication skills, attention to detail, experienced team leader/builder, ability to work closely with multiple diverse teams simultaneously, and the drive to contribute to program success.
Ability to work independently, or in a multi-discipline team.
Desire and ability to leverage lessons learned by evaluating processes and solutions/conclusions from previous efforts.
Intimate knowledge of DAFIF specification, ARINC 424 specifications, and other commercial navigation database formats.
Experience with SQL, Microsoft Access, and database building and manipulations.
Experience with C/C++ or other object oriented high order software languagePost a Job
Aeronautical Acoustic Engineer Technical Seta
Provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) support to a government program manager (PM) on a UAV R&D; program. Areas of research include acoustic signature coupling with atmospheric attenuation and background noise. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise support to the government in the form of independent review and summary of technical literature and emerging technologies and in support of technical conferences and workshops related to program technical areas. Responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the government PM in the evaluation of the testing of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) quieting technologies, specifically pertaining to airframe-generated acoustics.
- Assimilate and integrate technical inputs from performers, and analyze performers' technical deliverables and reports.
- Assist the government PM in the continuous survey and summarization of relevant government, academic, and contracted research
- Assist in coordinating potential mission and transition partners.
- Occasional travel to program performer sites.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Aeronautics and aero-acoustics with 9 years of experience, or a MS in Aeronautics and aero-acoustics with 12 years of experience.
- 5 years experience with the U. S. Government, including experience with requirements, CONOPS, R&D;, and transition.
- Experience with acoustic measurement, especially low noise level and human perception.
- R&D;, production, or operations experience with aircraft, especially UAV systems.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Experience with managing a multi-organizational, multi-disciplinary test an evaluation team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to write concisely and accurately present technical and scientific concepts and issues to people with varying levels of expertise.
Software Engineer – Back END Engineer
Our mission is to build a market leading technology platform enabling differentiated professional services that support patients’, providers’, payers’, and needs to deliver differentiated & improved patient outcomes. To accomplish this, we are establishing core competencies in cloud based data management; data analytics, mobile platform applications, and software based medical device life-cycle. The team has broad visibility and we are looking for candidates that are passionate about patients & healthcare, focused on our core values of working as one team and treating others with respect, but last but not least being some of the brightest and most talented resources in the industry.
We have recruited top talent in the field of Digital Health to help transform care in Diabetes and beyond in the areas of Drug+ apps. Our team recently has released an FDA approved class II medical device application and we are gearing up for more compelling health applications and patient experiences.
For this team, we are seeking a software developer with experience in evolving our backend services based upon feedback from market and real world usage. The candidate should be experienced in source code management, build management, continuous integration, unit testing, test automation, build & packaging, etc. The candidate should also have experience adopting a modern but existing code base and feel comfortable fixing bugs in code they did not author.
- Develop services and applications using Java with Play Framework and Hibernate;
- Evolve the front end and backend architecture with direction from the Backend Principle Architect;
- Document requirements and tests in compliance with medical device regulations for class 1 and class 2 software, including safety, reliability and security;
- Follow software design guidelines and ensure proper implementation through code reviews on both internally and externally sourced components;
- Support continuous improvement through software development metrics and ensure consistent visibility into those for every project executed;
- Analyze and reduce build failures occurring due to non-product code issues, periodically review the feedback from developers and testers, and deliver ongoing improvements;
- Work with internal and external software developers and testers to ensure software development deliverables are meeting expectations with respect to quality.
- Complying with policies and processes and ensure they are communicated, understood, implemented, and maintained at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrating excellent partnership and collaboration with other functions within the company to support common initiatives on medical devices
- Demonstrating knowledge, skill and ability to model the values and positively
- Communicates the company visions, values, priorities and targets
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in software development, specifically with experience in Java/web services (Play, Spring Boot), etc. Should be able to design and build RESTful web services.
- 5+ years of experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, etc). Should be comfortable working with SQL and exhibit good database design skills.
- 4+ years of experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, python)
- 4+ years of experience with Build and Release Infrastructure : deployment, configuration, continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience in design controls and FDA / ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 compliant software development, including authoring requirements and tests
- Experience with deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of web applications on public cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in source code management, unit testing, test automation, etc. 2+ years of experience in Agile software development as well as TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and analytical thinking style, able to comprehend complex problems and good problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, innovative, and proactive. An individual who enjoys both the team environment as well as making an individual impact.
- Cloud based deployments of medical software devices.
- Experience in privacy, security, HIPPA
- Experience in object database technologies
- Experience in implementation of big data analytics
- Java 8 features (streams, lambdas, fluent-style programming, etc.)
- Reactive patterns
- Microservices architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Experience with SBT (Scala Build Tool) #LI-GZ #GD-SG #LI-SG
Security Clearance Required:
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $110-140K
Full-time Benefits- Full
Relocation Assistance Available- No
Commission Compensation- No
Bonus Eligible- No
Overtime Eligible- No
Interview Travel Reimbursed- No
7+ to 10 years’ experience
Management Experience Required- No
Minimum Education- Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel- Never
Post a Job
Senior Dams Engineer
Business Line Water
Position Title Senior Dams Engineer
United States of America - Maryland
The Water Business Unit of AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Dams Engineer, an expert in the dams engineering field, with extensive business development experience and industry contacts. This individual will likely be a creative, highly talented engineer who will provide business development support along with the potential for technical and management guidance for a group of design professionals in a team setting; the technical emphasis of the group is design and assessment of dams. This position will report to our Germantown, MD office in the DC Metro Area; alternate work location duty stations will be considered.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established dams oriented career geotechnical, structural or water resources engineering.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Providing input for establishing and meeting team goals*
Professional development of team personnel*
Developing and nurturing the strategic direction of the team*
Leadership and/or participation in business development activities*
Work with other engineering disciplines at various locations, both internal and external to AECOM*
Work in a senior role as a technical leader with a close-knit team of design professionals where effective communication is an important part of the job*
Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydrology or related field*
15+ years of experience in the evaluation, planning, design and construction of dams and related facilities, including project analysis, feasibility and budgeting*
Registration as a Professional Engineer*
Experience working with local, state and federal state permit agencies*
Strong written and oral communication, quantitative and interpersonal skills*
Strong work ethic and professional demeanor*
Proactive on assignments and demonstrate initiative*
Must work independently with minimal supervision, and complete multiple technical tasks under tight deadlines*
Valid driver's license required*
U.S. Citizenship required due to work on Federal Government Projects*
Leadership experience in proposal preparation and business development*
Personnel management, mentoring, leadership skills*
Demonstrated business development acumen and experience*
Strong client contacts and relationships, especially among dams clients across the mid-Atlantic and surrounding states*
Senior Cloud Services Engineer / Devops Engineer
- Design, engineer and integrate the components of the technologies and infrastructure that support our technology products and services.
- Design, engineer and operate the automation frameworks and processes that support our software development and technology operations.
- Design and socialize the Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) needed to produce resilient, maintainable, and scalable technology products and services.
- Develop tools and scripts to improve our ability to continuously deploy, test and operate our products and services.
- Assist in the design, development, and deployment of new infrastructure and platform features and services.
- Assist our product development and operations teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Lead code reviews around platform and technology automation.
- Act as the configuration management subject matter expert as needed.
- Act as the operating system subject matter expert as needed.
- Represent the Systems Team on the Agile Release Train.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a must; working in a SAFe environment a big plus.
- Experience developing fault-tolerant distributed systems running on community components.
- Experience managing and scaling highly available systems and operations, particularly in cloud IaaS environments.
- Experience managing large scale AWS or similar cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or a comparable configuration management tool.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages and shells, particularly Ruby or Python.
- Ability to articulate concepts and ideas and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Ability to incorporate commitments, strategic objectives, and day-to-day tasks seamlessly.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Must be willing to travel on occasion and provide after-hours support as necessary.
- Must be able to work well autonomously and be a self-starter.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with OpenStack is helpful.
- Working knowledge of Java/J2EE architecture, development, and operations is helpful.
- Working knowledge of RESTful API development and usage is helpful.
- Working knowledge of one or more virtualization implementations is helpful.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Devops Engineer - 3456Br
3456BR – Senior Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps Engineer
Employment Type: Experienced - Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a security
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields
Relocation: Relocation bonus available for qualified candidates
MUST SEE Video Link:
KEY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (MUST HAVE)
1. Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a security clearance
2. 5 + years of Development experience with a background in Systems Administration.
3. Proficient in automation, expert in establishing repeatable procedures.
4. Experience Linux and Windows system administration
5. Experience developing and automating a cloud infrastructure around .NET-based infrastructure
6. Solid Experience operating Production environments in AWS
7. Experience with scripting languages, such as JSON, Powershell, Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash
8. Configuration Management (Chef/Puppet)
9. Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
10. Experience with modern delivery practices around containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
11. Experience with L3/L4 networking (load balancers/firewalls)
12. Deep experience keeping mission critical systems running and performant
Motorola Solutions Overview
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions' innovations, products, and services play essential roles in people's lives.
We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe.
We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible radios and devices.
Motorola Solutions, Inc is reinventing itself to provide smart work group communication solutions by investing in building an enterprise ecosystem for public safety and other vertical markets. As part of this transformation, Motorola Solutions has developed an innovation hub in downtown Chicago to ideate, design, develop and quickly deploy an ecosystem that brings critical information to users in many important markets. We are looking for top professionals to help realize that vision.
We help people be their best in the moments that matter. This is our purpose.
Imagine that you’re building intricate real-time communications apps that will be used by helicopter ambulances flying rescue missions. Imagine that the apps you develop are so useful that they’re embraced by power company linemen, taxi drivers, Special Forces troops and small-town cops. Imagine that you’re working on something that’s so far out in front of the competition that your competitors ask to become partners.
Motorola Solutions’ Seattle Design Center is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team. We make apps used for critical communications around the globe. Our customers love our products. We are that rare employer you’ve been seeking: a software company with genuine sales, growth, funding, disruptive products and a lively culture. We have high standards of quality and craftsmanship.
You will be responsible for helping develop and automate our cloud infrastructure. You will automate the installation, configuration and deployment of our WAVE software. WAVE is a communications solution that provides immediate communications services to mobile workers regardless of their device, connection or location. WAVE supports both cloud and enterprise deployments, so configuration can be a complex technical endeavor. We will rely on your skills with build and test automation, and scripting to keep our environments running smoothly and reliably.
- 5 + years of Development experience with a background in Systems Administration.
- Proficient in automation, expert in establishing repeatable procedures.
- Experience Linux and Windows system administration
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a security clearance
- Solid Experience operating Production environments in AWS
- Experience with scripting languages, such as JSON, Powershell, Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash
- Experience with, and passion for build, deployment, and monitoring automation around .NET-based infrastructure.
- Configuration Management (Chef/Puppet)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Deep experience keeping mission critical systems running and performant.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with modern delivery practices around containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Customer focused with a desire for Continuous Delivery
- Previous experience with L3/L4 networking (load balancers/firewalls)
- Great communication and eagerness to continue learning
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience working within an Agile software environment
- Experience with Subversion or GitHub
- Participate in an on-call 24x7 rotation
- Scripting (Python/Ruby)