Aeronautical Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer Lexington, KY Shift: First ShiftDuration: 5 MonthsNumber of Positions: 3Pay Rate:
Up to $75.00/HR D.O.E.?Job DescriptionEvaluates structure integrity using classic and finite element methods.Employ classic analysis methods to derive loads using rigid body calculations followed by construction of shear and bending moment diagrams, with the ultimate objective of stress state interactions and fastened joint stress interactions to determine margins of safety.Employ finite element methods, using industry standard tools such as FEMAP and NASTRAN to develop more accurate stiffness representations of load paths to perform loads analysis, for both rigid body correlations and internal loads extraction in support of classic stress and fastened joint calculations.QualificationsFEMAP/NASTRAN/Classic Methods/Primary Structures Stress Engineer/B.S. Degree EngineeringSecurity Clearance:??Must currently hold at least an Interim Secret Clearance or a Secret Clearance that has been active in the last 24 months .? MUST BE A US CITIZENDesiredANSYS/AFGROWMicrosoft Office SuiteAeronautical Engineer, FEMAP, NASTRAN/, Classic Methods, Primary Structures, Stress Engineer
Post a Job
ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Aeronautical Engineer to work in our Orlando, FL office.
Provides analysis, reports, advice, and recommendations to PM on all related system requirements/designs/upgrades to aviation or ground weapon system simulators. Provide engineering support for requirements analysis, design and test; review technical documentation; participating in design reviews, teleconferences, meetings, and discussions concerning systems upgrades, reporting on all findings, conclusions, and issues concerning these development and upgrades, and conduct in-plant and on-site testing. Interact with contractors and customers. Travel as required to support meetings, conferences, data gathering, and testing events.
- Real time modeling and simulation
- Experience with modeling rotary wing aircraft
- Must have an active secret clearance
- Training systems design and development
- Training systems interoperability
- Working knowledge of HLA - either real time or discrete application
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Post a Job
Space And/Or Aeronautics SME (3717)
Position is for a technical analyst, with a background in engineering, mathematics, or human factors relevant to NASA space and aeronautics research. Specific subject matter expertise in space or aeronautics is essential.
Provides in-depth knowledge, subject matter expertise, and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation. Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined problems to arrive at recommendations or solutions.
Education: Minimum of a Master's Degree or specialized field certification with Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering.
General Experience: Minimum 8 years experience in related field. Experience working interchangeably with both legacy analog or computer software and systems and new technology highly desired.
Post a Job
Senior Software Engineer
Valence Health, a subsidiary of Evolent Health, provides value-based care solutions for hospitals, health systems and physicians to help them achieve clinical and financial rewards for more effectively managing patient populations. Leveraging 20 years of experience, Valence Health works with clients to design, build and manage customized value-based care models including clinically integrated networks, bundled payments, risk-based contracts, accountable care organizations and provider-sponsored health plans.
Providers turn to Valence Health’s integrated set of advisory services, population health technology and managed services to make the volume-to-value transition with a single partner in a practical and flexible way. Valence Health’s more than 900 employees empower 85,000 physicians and 135 hospitals to advance the health of 20 million patients. For more information, visit www.valencehealth.com.Summary:
Position for a developer interested in technical and industry knowledge growth acting as a contributor through all stages of software development in a fast-paced environment that utilizes a vast array of data and software technologies while working closely with business owners, business analysts, and other Software Engineers.
4 Year Degree in technical or scientific field
5+ years of experience with SQL
2+ years of experience with an ETL technology
Understanding of ETL principles
Understanding of Object Oriented Programming
Experience either working independently or leading small teams of developers
Familiar with fundamentals of SDLC and change management
Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members
Ability to work effectively independently and as a team
Ability to troubleshoot and analyze code
Optional (Desired) Skills:
Experience with a web technology
We are a work hard, play hard company, with a mission to help change healthcare.
We are committed to treating our employees well, knowing that they in turn will treat our clients well, and help them provide higher quality, lower cost healthcare.
With 900+ employees located in Chicago and three other office locations, Valence Health is a small, but growing company doing big things.
Valence Health is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace.*D
Post a Job
Civil Engineering - Project Engineer
Project Engineer experienced in design, proposal preparation, client coordination, and plan production. The candidate must be capable of writing reports and performing analysis of water and sewer systems.
Experienced in grading, drainage, and paving design. Responsibilities include plan preparation and budget management of water, sewer, paving, grading and drainage plans for private and public projects.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
· Professional Engineer in the State of Arizona
· Minimum of 5-7 years of engineering experience
· Proven design experience, ability to use 3-D design software is a plus
· Design experience with underground utilities, paving, grading, and utilities
· Hydrology and hydraulics experience is a plus
· Basic understanding of survey principles is a plus
· Experience with producing accurate and complete construction plans and reports
· Must have knowledge of submittal requirements for local, county, and state agencies
· Effective technical writing skills
· Meet with clients regularly and respond to requests
· Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
· Ability to work independently in a team environment and to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
· Excellent verbal and written skills, communicating engineering information clearly and concisely
· Ability to train staff and review work for quality assurance
· Solid leadership and management skills, self-motivated, and possess a strong ability to meet deadlines, satisfy clients, and solve complex problems
· Ability to work above 40 hours as needed
· Ability to learn and conform to company CAD standards
· Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented
Post a Job
Production Application Support Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold.
We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free.
Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are?
Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
Do you enjoy working on building from the ground up, troubleshooting issues within complex enterprise systems and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business? If you want to display your ninja troubleshooting skills and influence a Zappos technology initiative than Production Application Support Engineer is the role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
Being a Sherlock Homes of technology, investigating and troubleshooting issues when they occur
Resolving issues or gathering enough information to pass it along to another technology team
Digging deep to understand how problems occur with applications and how they can be prevented or resolved
Working and collaborating with all of the technology organizations like QA, Developers, Systems Engineers, IT, and TechOps level1
Writing clear and accurate support and troubleshooting guides for common issues that the entire team can understand and use.
Providing assistance during tech incidents of various severities.
Being on a weekly 24x7 on-call rotation.
What you’ll bring to the table:
A desire to make work fun and enjoyable (this is first on the list for a reason)
Problem solver: ability to quickly learn how the systems interact.
Ability to quickly learn how the business teams use the systems.
Knowledge and experience of at least one of the following programming languages (Perl, Java, C++, Python), able to write scripts using one of these languages to help automate common tasks.
A love for finding bugs, resolving issues and helping to make software bullet-proof
Ability to use tools such as Splunk, TeaLeaf, etc. Experience in reading and understanding application error logs and writing custom searches using Splunk.
Working knowledge of SQL, understanding of database and field types, should be able to write basic SQL queries. Advanced SQL experience preferred.
Working knowledge of software testing methodologies.
Experience working on web-based, database driven systems.
Experience with large-scale ERP or ecommerce systems.
Experience with web services.
Experience with the Linux operating system, comfortable with using the command line and running basic commands.
An understanding of the software development life-cycle.
Ability to stay on top of a problem until it is resolved and proactively communicates status to other organizations. Understanding and ability to escalate an issue.
Bonus Experience and Skill: Ability to understand Source Code to help determine where the issue is occurring.
What you didn’t know about the team:
They love to eat and are always trying new food places together, they are foodies!
Post a Job
Git/Gerrit IT Engineer
Novus' client's Software Enterprise & Engineering Technologies (SWEET) supports the engineers who develop and test open source, mobile based operating systems. This position will reside in a team that provides source code management automation to support our Linux integration and test infrastructure. An ideal candidate will be a self starter, customer service oriented, adaptable, great communicator, and have a desire to learn and implement information technology systems to support the business. Candidate will work with automation teams and SW Engineering to support daily operations of 1,000s of engineers developing mobile based device operating systems. Candidate will contribute to delivery automation, using Chef, of development environment across the world utilizing Git/Gerrit.
Candidate will work with multi-discipline IT engineers to support: Chef recipes, regional mirrors, sync issues, new sites, remote site support PostgreSQL Database: regional replicas, cluster management Production management: hardware installs and upgrades; networking (VIPs, VLANs); Cluster change management Development / QA Management: Git/Gerrit architecture, development.
Tools, SCM and Unix server processes, hooks Gerrit upgrades and process consultation Candidate will provide: Clear requirements and implementation documentation to customers to manage development initiatives. A service oriented experience for their customers Tools, methodology, and procedural training* Provide comprehensive, multi-disciplined IT support to build and infrastructure hosts* Evaluate and implement new technologies* Perform upgrades, new installations, enhancements and configuration changes* Monitor daily operations and troubleshoot problems* Develop and maintain infrastructure documentation* Provide on-call or after hours support as needed* Must be detail oriented to work highly dynamic environment* Must be able to interact with domestic and international Engineering Leads and Engineers
Candidate should have above average skills and experience with Perl, Python or Ruby. Candidate should be familiar with: Perl, Unix Shell Procedural languages. Source Code Management (SCM) systems such as Git/Gerrit, SVN Strong Unix/Linux Administration Scripting, LDAP and Identity Management Distributed environment, Distributed Sites Candidate will be able to demonstrate: Good communication skills Excellent problem solving skills Understanding of the software development lifecycle. * Minimum of 8 years of IT experience in the high-tech industries* Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills. * Strong familiarity in administering Ubuntu based hosts* In-depth understanding of operational concepts related to alerting, monitoring, logging. * Knowledge of core scripting languages with proven history of task automation (bash,perl,python,etc). * Has worked closely with development teams to optimize build-chain services/applications. * Understanding of security technologies (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc). * The ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner. * Understanding of network ecosystems as a whole; how IT disciplines are tied together and their relative purpose. * Has a strong desire to continuously improve (both themselves and the environments they support). * Ability to thrive and successfully work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment. * Understands the importance of documentation. * Effective time management skills are a must.
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
Software Engineer Level 1, Cloud Experience Desired (Nosql, Hadoop, Json)
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUSTHAVE AN ACTIVE OR REINSTATABLE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
Seven (7) years experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Cloud Experience: Shall have demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc.; Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.; Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); Shall have demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
-Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
-Debug existing software and correct defects
-Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
-Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
-Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
-Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
-Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
-Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
Fire Protection Engineer
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial environment where you can take your consulting career to the next level, while helping solve interesting, complex challenges for clients? our Company Group is always in search of top talent to drive our mission to help senior executives at leading companies capture value from the next generation of global services. Client projects include those focused on cloud, mobility, outsourcing, and shared services, for IT, Finance & Accounting, HR, Procurement and Contact Centers.
This position functions at the intermediate level conducting routine inspections under close supervision to assure that buildings regulated by the department are constructed and maintained in compliance with state fire safety laws, rules and regulations.
We look for motivated individuals who possess excellent problem solving and leadership skills and who have demonstrated success in a client service environment. Join a team of innovative problem solvers, who have been helping lead and shape the global services industry for 20+ years. - See more at: http://www.our Companygrp.com/about-us/careers/apply-online.html#sthash.q09iZzJ3.dpuf
Post a Job
Cloud Devops Automation Engineer
Reston or Washington, DC Client Site
Who YOU are:
As a future DevOps Cloud Automation Engineer at Plus3 IT Systems, you:
- Are passionate about working on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Aren’t satisfied with status quo, and regularly look for creative ways to solve problems and help your team meet commitments
- Are insatiably curious – you ask why, you explore, and you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea
- Love learning new technologies and sharing them with your team
- Have a keen interest in using any and all appropriate tools, especially Cloud-based and Open Sourced, to solve the problem at hand
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams to solve complex business problems together
- Use your experience and leadership skills to motive your teammates to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Are obsessed with automation, simplicity, and smooth-running systems
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan and deploy critical business and mission applications in a production environment
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support
- Automate the provisioning of environments
- Design and develop automation workflows, perform unit tests and conduct review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years’ experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Engineering or Development role
- TS Clearance with ability to obtain an SCI with CI poly
- Unix scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, shell)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, batch)
- DevOps Tools - Salt, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory
- Understanding of cloud- and virtualization-based technologies (AWS, VMware, Amazon Cloud, Azure)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Massive-scale clustered systems orchestration
- Expertise in Linux administration and automation