Aeronautical Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Engineer
Senior Aeronautical Analyst
Overview:OverviewMDA Information Systems LLC in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking a Senior Aeronautical Analyst in support of DoD FLIP aeronautical charts to work in our Corporate Office.The Company: MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence.
The firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government.MDA is an industry leader in earth observation remote sensing technology and image processing. We build satellite ground systems that enable users to acquire and process imagery form the most sophisticated Earth-observing satellites in the world: much of the satellite imagery that you see on Google Maps was generated by our software!General SummaryThe Senior Aeronautical Analyst will apply aeronautical information necessary to maintain flight information, hazards to flight, and other aeronautical related data. Responsible for the revision of aeronautical charts, Area Arrival Charts Depicting Terrain Data, and Planning charts.
Maintains aeronautical charts using software and web-based programs. The ability to perform Quality Control and review the work of others will be a key responsibility of this position. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of the data and symbology required to read and render aeronautical charts.
The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Responsibilities:Primary Job FunctionsPerforms updates on assigned client charts
Performs verification of updates and quality control on charts
Review the work of other analysts to ensure consistency
Creates images of revised electronic design files and creates paper plot of those images.Performs self-edits on revised electronic design files and entities maintained in the database, as directed
Makes designated corrections indicated by QA/QCCreates final raster images and transfers images to client
Troubleshoot data and symbology issues that may cause misrepresentation of information.Provides technical direction, training and guidance to team as required or requested
Performs other related duties, including special projects, as requested or required
Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge of aeronautical chart creation procedures highly desired
Experience using ArcGIS, Bentley Map and/or other GIS software desired
Demonstrated ability to be able to read and understand aeronautical charts
Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented tasks
Applicant must have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPointAbility to operate Microsoft Office ApplicationsDemonstrated knowledge of cartography and or computer aided drafting / design.Demonstrated knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) desired
Aviation experience including commercial rating and aeronautical charting experience
Demonstrated proficiency using ISO documentation for ISO 9000:2001 procedures
Ability to work in a high performance team environment is required Ability to accurately identify changes between multiple pieces of source
Education and ExperienceBachelor?s Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Aeronautical Science or other related field of study
Commercial Pilot certificate and/or Instrument rating, or Flight Dispatcher certificate is desired
Eight (8) or more years of related and equivalent experience. A combination of aviation experience and cartography experience including previous work with aeronatuical charts is highly desired
Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented tasks
Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills
Posted by StartWire.
Post a Job
Cyber Security Engineer I (Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security Engineer I (Cyber Security Engineer)
Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
This role serves as the Cyber Security Engineer position for a program. This position is responsible for engineering design, security tools maintenance and development of cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructure.
Candidate shall have more than 5 years of experience working within an enterprise operations environment with a focus on cyber security. Perform security tools maintenance as required. Support multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture. Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework. Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends. Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development. Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; or no experience required with a MD. Considered an emerging authority.BS/9-13
Software Engineer - Java/Scala
adMarketplace is looking for a Software Engineer, who will be part of a small highly talented team responsible building adMarketplace's core Ad Serving and Click Tracking technology platform. Our service has millisecond response time and is processing 2 billion requests a day, all the while advancing business functionality with 24x7 uptime requirement.
You will be responsible for designing and scaling THE core components of the adMarketplace system using cutting edge technologies including Akka, Java 8, Scala, Spark and more.
ResponsibilitiesWork with different teams and take projects from business requirements through design to implementation using Agile and Jira
Scale, design and improve the core components of adMarketplace system
Solve complex technical challenges related to low latency large scale distributed systems
Build, test, integrate and release using Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
Troubleshoot issues with production systems
RequirementsBS in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
3+ years coding experience using Java and/or Scala for server side applications
Strong knowledge of algorithmic complexity/simplicity tradeoffs and effective use of data structures
Understanding of low latency messaging and asynchronous design patterns, aka reactive programming
Profiling, code efficiency and CI/CD style testing/release concepts are critical
Familiarity and experience with Spring and/or Akka is a plus
Familiarity with ad tech is a plus
Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills
AboutadMarketplace is a technology company with the largest search advertising network outside of the major search engines. adMarketplace provides data-driven performance at scale to the Internet's leading marketers and their agencies through its powerful yet easy-to-use search syndication platform.
Additionally, adMarketplace is a flat organization with empowered, self-directed teams that value honesty, commitment, accountability, and results.
Our employees are known in advertising and technology circles as the advisors to the experts. We organize and host meet-ups, speak in public about our industry and technology trends, and are often quoted in the press.
Post a Job
Need 15 Aeronautical Candidates With The Flight Instrument Experience
Need 15 aeronautical candidates with the flight instrument experience
Locations: Melbourne, FL or St. Louis, MO
6 months plus
Rate: $25/hr on 1099 or 23/hr W2 max.
Education requirement, in lieu of experience:
a BS degree in Aviation Administration would probably not give the person expertise in the Terminal Instrument procedures that this project produces. If a candidate has a BS in Aviation Science, Flight Science, or Aeronautical Science (it’s three names for essentially the same degree) then that person would have the desired experience.
Update for MO and FL positions:
A lot of the resumes were GIS candidates and not aeronautical candidates with the flight instrument experience, ATC experience or have any FAA or flight experience listed in the notes.
They are focused on aeronautical candidates with the flight instrument experience, ATC experience or have any FAA or flight experience.
Depending on the candidate’s background they should have at least one of the following: Civilian background: At least an FAA Instrument rating and at least 100 flight hours to include at least 15 hours in simulated or actual instrument conditions. Military background: Military equivalent of FAA Instrument rating, or at least six months experience frequently using terminal instrument procedures (i.e. Navigator, Mission Planner, etc.). ATC background: In lieu of airman credentials, Air Traffic Controllers must have at least one year of controlling experience to include experience with terminal instrument procedures
Top 3 Skills and Nice Haves?
1. 1+ years’ experience with Terminal Instrument Procedures
2. 1+ years’ experience with Aeronautical Publications
3. Basic computer knowledge – MS Suite, etc.
Depending on the candidate’s background they should have at least one of the following:
Civilian background: At least an FAA Instrument rating and at least 100 flight hours to include at least 15 hours in simulated or actual instrument conditions.
Military background: Military equivalent of FAA Instrument rating, or at least six months experience frequently using terminal instrument procedures (i.e. Navigator, Mission Planner, etc.). ATC background: In lieu of airman credentials, Air Traffic Controllers must have at least one year of controlling experience to include experience with terminal instrument procedures.
Pluses: We use a tool called Bentley MicroStation Software
. It would be a plus if someone has an FAA or DOD Certification
Hybrid Electric Vehicle Component Sizing Engineer
Perform model based system analysis to size main components in vehicles with electrified propulsion to meet requirements for performance and fuel consumption. Main components are electric machines (motors/generators), high voltage battery and engine. The sizing consists on defining maximum torque, speed, power and energy levels required by HEV components.
Collect, compile and maintain a database of all HEV requirements, vehicle operating scenarios, vehicle data, and target market regulations in order to perform the sizing task described above.
- Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- 1+ years’ applied experience with MATLAB/Simulink software is required
- PhD in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Working knowledge of vehicle performance, grade, tow requirements, and longitudinal vehicle dynamics is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience of electrified propulsion systems and related systems analysis methodologies
- Knowledge in battery, electric motors, transmissions and engine behavior
- Knowledge on other programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Post a Job
Full Stack Ruby Engineer - Gignow
Post a Job
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Design, build, test, deploy, maintain and improve technology solutions for new products and services
• Suggest innovative solutions to bring product to life and result in a positive user experience
• Participate in product feature definition, design, implementation, documentation and support
• Works independently with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
• Ingest data from data pipelines and provide the best visualizations and date tools to business users
Knowledge and Skills
• 5+ years of experience as a Full-Stack Software Engineer
• Experience with multiple types of databases: MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, etc.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
• Critical thinking skills and ability to creatively solve complex problems
• Ability to deliver quality code (security, performance, readability, etc.)
• Experience with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
• 5-10+ years total work experience
• B.S./MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Some travel or extended work day (early start/late finish) may be required as necessary to meet deadlines
IT Desktop Engineer
We have an opportunity for aFull-Time IT Desktop Engineer to work at our corporate office located in Franklin, TN!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the
The Desktop Engineer is responsible resolving information technology related issues and troubleshooting technical problems for the organization. The Engineer provides high quality customer service to the organization’s internal customers.
- Responsible for providing support to corporate and field employees regarding software issues, hardware issues, Microsoft applications, etc.; scheduling maintenance technicians when needed
- Installing and setting up equipment and hardware/software for new and existing employees; performing upgrades when necessary
- Responsible for ensuring the proper handling and maintenance of damaged equipment performing repairs if feasible
- Providing Tier 1 phone support and providing on-call support when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.Post a Job
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Zapponian [noun|employee of Zappos]. You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results.
Bold [adjective|not afraid of anything]. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold.
We’re a company that isn’t afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Perks [noun|the good stuff you get for working hard]. Zappos pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums. Primary care visits, dental exams, eye exams and generic prescriptions are all free.
Plus matching 401k, life coaches, orthodontic benefits, and more. And don’t forget, an unlimited 40% Zappos.com discount.
1990s [noun|a decade we love, but no longer live in]. Old school cover letters are so 1990. Want to show us who you really are?
Create a video cover letter. A flash mob, a comedic monologue… whatever showcases your passion for Zappos and the work you’d be doing! Videos are not required, but if you create it, we’ll watch it.
Scout [noun|you're a recruiter, too]. As a Zapponian, we’ll ask that you always keep your eye out for great talent to join our family. Consider yourself an extension of the recruiting team, scouting for the best people to grow our company.
What you’ll be doing:
Lead, mentor and inspire fellow technology Zapponians
Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services using modern technology and methodologies
Facilitate difficult conversations between disparate technical and business perspectives balancing short term needs vs setting up the company for long term success with an eye towards limiting the buildup of technical debt
Capturing and analyzing data to improve system capabilities
Building fault-tolerant systems that can process billions of requests per day and have the ability to enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
What you’ll bring to the table:
Work closely with senior engineering leaders to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Zappos business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, e-Commerce website development etc.
Understanding of expert software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Capability in connecting with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product approach
A solid understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store, and communication layers
Expertise in mentoring and advising junior software engineers to develop their skills, and make them more successful, product software engineers
Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Hands-on skill in many incongruent technologies, typically fluctuating from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, required
Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, required
Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis, required
Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl, required
What you didn’t know about the team: We are a well-rounded team that believes that great ideas can come from anywhere whether it be in a conference room or written on a napkin at the bar!
Post a Job
Sr. Software Engineer
Are you interested in changing the world of healthcare and human services? Do you want to work with innovative web and mobile software applications with great impact on society? Can you provide smart ideas and experiments about what’s possible? Do you want to be amazed, inspired and proud of your job every day? Come and show us what you’re made of.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for design, development, documentation, and testing of high quality commercial software programs for Mediware Information Systems. All duties must be completed in a timely and efficient manner as necessitated by business needs.
Performs all commercial software development duties, including but not limited to technical design, coding and unit testing so that commercial software releases are delivered to customers in a predictable and consistent schedule according to Mediware development processes.
- Assists with building strong product development teams by collaborating with product team(s) to define requirements, conduct analysis and solve problems.
- Prepares technical documentation and conducts and participates in code reviews to insure that commercial software code meets internal standards and follows industry best practices.
- Offer technical direction and guidance to other product development team members and assist in managing development environments as well as installing and configuring commercial products.
- Complies with IT standards and procedures for quality assurance/quality control, program specifications and structure, naming conventions and documentation as described in the standard operating procedures.
- Responds to the needs and requests of clients, company management and staff in a professional and expedient manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related OR 5 years of software engineering experience in lieu of the degree
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer/developer, strongly prefer previous commercial healthcare application development experience
- 1 + years combined experience in ASP.NET , MVC, and C#
- 2 year object oriented design and analysis
- Minimum of 2 year RDBMS databases experience (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience gathering and documenting system requirements
- Be able to analyze/debug problems and be proactive in proposing and implementing solutions
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment
- Must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card
- Live or able to relocate to the Kansas City area
- Up to 5% travel may be required
- Familiarity with clinical software systems
- Report writing with SQL Server Reporting skills
- Experience with InstallShield or other packaging tools
- Experience using SDLC development methodologies
Mediware provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.Post a Job
Srengineer / Principal Engineer Process Engineering - Drug Product - Drug Substance
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Pharmaceutical Operations Process Engineering department. This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience. This individual will ensure drug substance and drug product processes are robust, scalable, well-characterized, and economical for pipeline molecules. The successful candidate will interact with internal product development groups and with our client's network of external CMOs/contract labs. Primary responsibilities may include developing process characterization studies, analyzing data using statistical analysis, and providing reports to enable process validation for upstream, downstream and drug product.
In this newly created position, you will lead a wide variety of process development activities including:
- Write process characterization protocols and lead studies internally / externally to meet commercialization timelines
- Generate and implement design of experiments with subsequent statistical analysis of data
- Communicate to stakeholders current late-stage commercialization requirements for laboratory studies supporting process characterization of unit operations and developing acceptance criteria for these studies
- Author regulatory sections for investigational new drug applications and marketing authorization regulatory filings
- Perform on-site troubleshooting during process scale-up (international travel required).
- Interpret analytical results and write technical reports used as primary references for regulatory filings
- Represent process development on one or more internal project teams and also on CMO/external project teams to enable successful process validation
- This position requires a MS/BS or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (such as engineering, chemistry, biochemistry or analytical chemistry) and a minimum 5 years relevant experience. Experience scaling-up upstream or drug product and/or purification, with an excellent working knowledge of GMP requirements, FDA and ICH guidelines, is also required. The candidate should have an in-depth understanding of unit operations used for upstream and/or downstream processing of monoclonal antibodies. The candidate should also have demonstrated experience with leading process characterization / process development efforts, including independent design of protocols and developing acceptance criteria. Significant experience leading drug product technology transfer is a plus. Authoring of regulatory filings is a plus. Knowledge of statistical process control concepts is desired. The ability to work independently, and to proactively prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously, is a must. The candidate must possess confidence and be willing to periodically travel to contract manufacturing sites.