Aeronautical Project Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Project Engineer
Senior Aeronautical Engineer - Design
As a Key Contributor You WillAssist in the design of flight control systems and assess structural capability and aircraft performance, stability and control
Key Responsibilities and Activities:Complete the mechanical design of flight control and autopilot hardware, including mechanical design supporting DFM and DFA principles
Perform stress analysis of metallic and composite parts
Design, plan, execute and document static load tests of flight surfaces and flight control components
Assist in aircraft flight and ground testing including assessment of aircraft performance and controllability
Provide support for the development, procurement, manufacturing and modification of aircraft systems, sub-systems, components and equipment with the ability to provide expertise in manufacturing, design and repair of composite and metallic aircraft structures
Support systems engineering in assessing aircraft compliance to ASTM standards
Required Skills and Experience:A bachelor s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 7+ years technical work experience, ORA master s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience
Advanced knowledge of general aviation aircraft component design and construction
In depth knowledge of structural analysis on aerospace components
Understanding of basic aircraft and flight control aerodynamics
Creation and analysis of parts, assemblies and drawings using CAD software
Outstanding organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:Aircraft component static load testing
Aerodynamic loads development
Certification experience (ASTM F2245, 14 CFR Part 23)Derivation of aircraft performance from test data
Stability and Control assessment
Knowledge of the uses and pitfalls of VLM, panel codes, CFD, wind tunnel testing and flight testing - provided by Dice
Flight control, structural analysis, aerospace, CAD
Post a Job
Electrical Project Engineer
Project Engineer- Electrical
Request the search, identification and hiring of a motivated and experienced Electrical Engineer. Ideal candidate must have (mid-level experience) between 6 to 10 yrs. of proven and verifiable experience with federal , commercial, office building, data center, power generation experience. AutoCAD, Revit software experience to support BIM design. Familiarity and at least two years of specific large office building and/or multi-facility electrical systems to support both power, lighting, prime power standby generation and control, critical telecommunications and technical security systems servicing and protecting critical and mission essential protective and operational equipment.
Candidate duties will include supporting field construction electrical technical needs, and responsible for the project electrical submittals preparation, RFI preparation and project plans review of material buyout estimated and provides technical expertise to various ongoing projects.
- Work with the project team in purchasing Embassy electrical systems and components from vendors to include power systems, lighting systems, control systems, switchgear, transformers, fire alarm, and other MV electrical gear.
- Interface with client, contractors and vendors on technical issues.
- Work with vendors and in-house electrical team to prepare and/or review electrical submittals provided for client review.
- Review shop drawings and other vendor documentation conformity with specifications.
- Review Specifications and Project Drawings to have a clear understanding of project scope and design intent as required by the OBO (client).
- EE must have a keen understanding of the Baseline Project Execution Schedule (BPES) and how it affects engineering.
- The Electrical Engineer assists the Procurement Department on technical subcontracts and technical procurements preps of contracts and PO’s.
- The Electrical Engineer would also be expected to help develop and write “Scopes of Work” for technical PO’s and Subcontracts.
- Must possess the ability to do take-offs of electrical works from construction drawings.
- Assist Estimating Department in the preparation of bids and estimates for new projects.
- Prepare status reports on procurement, submittals, and regularly monitor budgets, schedules, cost reporting.
- Ability to process RFI’s, change orders, document project issues, and research codes and standards when required.
- Keep accurate records and an organized work environment.
- Have excellent written and communicative skills especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Electrical Engineer must demonstrate knowledge in civil engineering principles, and practices and methods.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Have a security clearance or the ability to achieve a clearance.
- International experience a plus,
- Willingness to do some short term international travel.
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in construction electrical engineering.
- Some CAD/BIM experience would be helpful.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
On-Site Construction Project Engineer
On-Site Construction Project Engineer
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Senior Project Manager
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, provides technical support to on-site Project Team Members as required throughout the Project. Reviews plans and other technical documents, answers questions regarding the scope and/or timing of the project, and monitors costs and project progress. May develop cost estimates or tentative schedules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- SL Dynamics and Procore is not required, but is preferred
- Commercial construction industry knowledge
- Thrive within a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Assist with the bid operations through Procore
- Assist Senior Project Manager with document management through Procore
- Coordinate and prepare project start-up package with Senior Project Manager
- Drawings – Maintain current drawings/specs in Procore and distribute to project participants as necessary
- Subcontract/Subcontract Change Orders & Purchase Orders – Process and enter into SL
- Process Client Change Orders and enter into SL
- Process Subcontractor Requests for Payment and Vendor invoices, and enter into SL
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance from Subcontractors
- Buyout Log – Maintain and track the project Buyout Log
- Submittals – Create and maintain Project Submittal Log in Procore; advance and distribute submittals as necessary
- RFIs – Assist with processing and tracking RFIs utilizing Procore
- ASIs – Advance to all subcontractors and track ASIs via Procore
- Meetings – Assist in preparing agendas, attend as necessary and prepare meeting minutes
- Testing/Inspections – Track and forward testing & inspections as necessary utilizing Procore
- Project Close-Out – Request as-built plans, warranties and manuals and prepare for Client turnover
- Support Build team as needed to ensure project success.
- Provide requested reports and updates as requested
- Assist SPM/CM with FirstView, FullView and project close out
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Maintain positive can-do attitude
- Assist the team in delivering a successful project to our Clients exceeding Client expectations
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Reliable, responsible and cooperative
- A desire to expand your knowledge of construction principles and practices
- Some college Is preferred
- 5-7 years of experience within the commercial construction industry (Project Manager or Project Engineer)
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video
WHY OUR PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT NEWGROUND:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Please DO NOT APPLY if you do not possess the required construction experience.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=9095142.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.NewGround.com
- Support and manage resources to develop and execute key product lines and technical capabilities.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to plan, develop and deliver product solutions for target customers.
- Maintain and prioritize project resource planning and budgeting cycle.
- Lead cross-functional team members to drive resource alignment and execution of critical projects.
- Communicate clear project and financial objectives and align senior management. Track, measure and report progress ongoing.
- Maintain timeline and budget planning, management and delivery against spending limits / goals.
- Perform Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews as needed.
- Coordinate with vendors to determine/evaluate product specifications and arrange for the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts per specifications and quality standards.
- Deliver innovation platforms that drive revenue and profitability and enhance brand equity.
- Create spec packets, data packets, and product performance specifications for assigned projects.
- Develop new product concepts, optimize with consumer and customer feedback, and validate against goals and objectives.
- Identify business model innovation concepts to drive new growth.
- Lead NPD project initiation and direct cross-functional project teams thru delivery with reports in Executive review meetings.
- Create initial package configuration for customer applications and platform solutions.
- At each stage gate milestone, deliver strategic and financial summary and recommendation to senior management.
- Maintain clear, direct accountability for timeline attainment and budget management per objectives set up front.
- Supports implementation of new products and new technologies within the manufacturing plant.
- Conduct pilot runs to confirm manufacturing metrics and feasibility studies.
- Work with operations managers to train staff on new products.
- Create and update detailed specifications for Quality and Operations to create new products.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects within assigned product lines
- Create Solidworks models of retail products for cost estimates, customer presentations, and approved specifications.
- Be accountable for the NPD cycle, from kick-off meeting with customer to manufacturing handoff.
Civil Project Engineer
Civil Project Engineer
Impact Staffing Group has been selected by a well-respected, multi-disciplined engineering design and consulting to recruit the right candidate for a Civil Project Engineer for their rapidly growing organization. This position is a full-time, direct hire position with excellent benefits and a very competitive salary.
About the Company:
Our client is a leading multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection. Our client offers the chance to get hands on in the exciting work of helping to build our communities and enhance our environment and is honored to maintain 30-year relationships with both public and private clients. Our client is a 2017 ENR Top 500 Design Firm, and a Zweig Group 2017 Hot Firm recognized among the 100 fastest-growing A/E consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada. Their mantra is “Building partnerships with a simple approach: Listen. Deliver. Improve.”
About the Job:
The Project Engineer will be expected to drive the design on a variety of Civil/Site Development projects. In this position, you will need to be able to think quickly on your feet and be an exceptional problem solver. Previous experience designing land development, infrastructure design, and construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment, erosion control, and traffic control is required. The Civil Project Engineer must be able to independently perform calculations and design tasks, and prepare reports, construction drawings, specifications and associated project deliverables with limited direction, while managing resources and budgets for multiple concurrent projects.
The position is in Raleigh, NC. Client will consider relocation for ideal candidate.
- Design on a variety of Civil/Site Development projects in land development, infrastructure design, and construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment, erosion control, and traffic control.
- Independently perform calculations and design tasks.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Prepare construction drawings via AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience in design and permitting of land development / municipal infrastructure projects
- Position will require mentoring of new hires in design skills and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Self-motivation, hard work, innovative and independent thought required
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience required.
- Expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Must be able to pass drug screen, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong motivational skills and personal drive.
- Professional Engineering Licensure
- Competitive Salary with tremendous growth potential
- PTO (paid time off) and Holidays
- 401 (k) Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Mentoring Program
- Career Enhancement Opportunities
We have a direct, personal relationship with the hiring managers at this organization. We won't simply submit your application; we'll aggressively promote your skills and abilities directly to decision makers. This gives you a better chance of a face-to-face interview and ultimately, selection for the position.
Please apply to be considered for this position!
Post a Job
Product / Project Engineer
Product / Project Engineer - FCA
- CURRENT (early career or later) product engr / manufacturing engr experience is very valuable to this large German Tier 1 automotive supplier.
- FCA customer or other OEM customer interface skills VERY key.
- Understand and later lead specific phases or aspects of the project, i.e. Technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Lead coordination, planning and execution of DFMEA’s. DVP&R’s, CAE, and all other design/release documents.
- Drive VA/VE and APQP processes.
- Review product for compliance to engineering principles, design standards and customer requirements.
Client will NOT support VISA sponsorship.
Post a Job
Project Engineer - Civil Construction
Gary Merlino Construction Co., Inc is a privately held locally owned and operated general contractor specializing in heavy civil construction. Over the years GMCC has become one of the largest and most diversified contractors in the Puget Sound Region, self-performing approximately 85% - 90% of all projects awarded.
GMCC’s status as a leader in the Puget Sound construction industry gives our team an opportunity to work on a variety of unique projects in the area. You will be a member of a team that provides accelerated career growth through exposure to all civil disciplines.
We are currently seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER for our facility in Seattle.
- Assist in establishing project budget, invoice processing, subcontractor pay estimates, cost reports, quantity reconciliation and owner billing
- Assist in developing budget forecasts and monitor progress of work per cost account to assure adherence to budget
- Assist scheduling project and updating project schedule using Primavera Contractor/P6 or equivalent
- Develop and submit material submittals
- Maintain submittal log
- Process time and materials / extra work change orders
- 401K Retirement
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Defined Pension Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacations
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Long Term Disability Benefit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Discount Gym Memberships
Post a Job
Construction Project Engineer
Royal Electric Company has an immediate opening for an onsite Project Engineer/ to work in our Airport / Underground / Horizontal Division. An Electrical or Civil background is preferred. Travel for projects across California is required, mobility is a plus! Per Diem and / or travel expenses paid.
If you would enjoy the excitement of working on the largest and busiest Airports in West then come and work for the largest and best Airport Electrical Contractor in the West!
What we offer: Competitive Salary, Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off.
Royal Electric Company prides itself on QUALITY and promotes the advancement of all employees.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Veterans, women & minorities encouraged to apply.
We promote a drug free workplace.
We utilize E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security
Post a Job
Oversees subcontractors and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement. Attends the subcontractor coordination meetings to provide updates to schedules, drawings, and specifications. Produces and manages project submittals, shop drawings, and material certifications (submittal log or Expedition) so all are submitted and approved prior to the start of work. Actively participates in the development of the Four Week Look Ahead schedules with the Superintendents using basic logic to incorporate resources, submittals, approvals, lead times, restraints, and milestones. Participates in relevant daily huddles to ensure the projects are expeditiously and profitably constructed Establishes excellent working and professional relationships with the clients and their representatives and/or field inspectors.
- Successfully led and managed projects or operations valued at $5 million or a series of projects or operations simultaneously with an aggregate value greater than $5 million.
- Background in project start-up meetings, sub-contractor and vendor by-outs, owner estimates, sub / vendor requisitions and cost- to-completes.
- Working knowledge of estimating, engineering, cost tracking systems and site surveying
- Working knowledge of Change Order Index
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker, is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, P3 Primavera, HCSS, JD Edwards and Expedition software. Post a Job
Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer
Job Code: P17-008 # of openings:
1 EEO job category: 2-1 Sr. Technical Professionals
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER At ERRG, we believe that each of our projects are significant and the most critical ingredient for success is our people. Our people provide the talent, experience and passion that lies at the heart of every one of our projects. That is why we can provide the challenges and inspiration to help our people grow professionally and personally. Our Martinez office is seeking a full time hire who is self-motivated, independent, strong communicator and dependable individual to be a Senior Project Engineer.
Summary: Work as a senior member of our dynamic team to lead, plan, and execute complex environmental remediation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: + Project management, preparation of technical reports, development and oversight of remedial/removal actions, field sampling and field procedures, supervision of soil and groundwater investigations.
- Business development and preparation of proposals, including developing technical approaches and pricing + Supervision of support personnel, and assistance in staff development/mentoring in technical areas.
Minimum Qualifications: + 10+ years of previous experience in planning and/or executing environmental remediation projects.
Bachelor’s degree in civil/environmental engineering (or related field) from a 4-year college or university.
40-hour OSHA certification and current 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher.
Proficient in MS Office Suite Products.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time to project sites, as needed.
Preferred Qualifications: + Master’s degree in civil/environmental engineering or related field.
California Professional Engineer registration.
Demonstrated project management experience.
Previous involvement in preparing and/or lead proposal efforts. ERRG is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.