Aeronautical Research Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Research Engineer
Aeronautical Engineer Senior
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. This position requires a Final Secret Clearance to start.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technical discipline.
Five plus years of experience in proposal writing.
Experience coordinating with pertinent organizations to develop executable Flight Test proposals.
Experience with flight test operations.
Experience preparing and delivering briefs to all levels of management.
Experience with MS Office.
Understanding of Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-domain team. F-35 Program experience. Ability to articulate complex matters in concise oral and written presentations in a fast-paced proposal environment. Ability to interpret and clarify contract requirements and decompose to a Technical Statement of Work. Ability to write subcontractor Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Supplier Statements of Work. Ability to interface with business management, estimating, other functional organizations, and the customer (Joint Program Office and DCAA) on LM Aero and supplier proposal activities. Control Account Manager (CAM) experience. Familiarity with proposal tools such as eCAPS and APTS. Strong coordination across various IPTs / integration skills. Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills.
Experience generating estimates, trade studies, tracking performance.
Experience with project engineering.
Click here to view a full job description and apply if qualified! Post a Job
Aeronautical Data Integration Engineer
Provide Subject Matter Expertise and Systems Engineering support for use of aeronautical databases and Mission Planning systems in CNS/ATM Integrations.
Essential Job Functions: Performs tasks with little to no guidance Assure system compliance with CNS/ATM RNP RNAV FRD and Mission Planning requirements. Translate operator functionality requirements into a system specification. Review conceptual
requirements, system specification documents, hardware and software requirements, and detailed hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with functional requirements. Support system level designs, installation, testing, and certification in aircraft
and mission planning systems. Utilize principles of systems engineering, and other engineering disciplines, to evaluate and recommend solutions, and clarify requirements.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U. S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience.
At least 5 years of experience applying DO-200A requirements to a navigation database or applying DO-178 requirements to aircraft software.
Thorough understanding of DAFIF format, content, and relationship to commercial navigation database standards.
Strong Systems Engineering skills, with a background in one or more of the following areas: Navigation, Flight Management Systems, military aviation Mission Planning, JMPS.
Experience with the Navigational use of DAFIF.
Understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations and CNS/ATM requirements.
Ability to work closely with NGA, FAA, NAVFIG, NAVAIR Program Offices, and other navigation database stakeholders.
Familiarity with DoD and NAVAIR acquisition processes and Systems Engineering Technical Reviews.
Strong communication skills, attention to detail, experienced team leader/builder, ability to work closely with multiple diverse teams simultaneously, and the drive to contribute to program success.
Ability to work independently, or in a multi-discipline team.
Desire and ability to leverage lessons learned by evaluating processes and solutions/conclusions from previous efforts.
Intimate knowledge of DAFIF specification, ARINC 424 specifications, and other commercial navigation database formats.
Experience with SQL, Microsoft Access, and database building and manipulations.
Experience with C/C++ or other object oriented high order software languagePost a Job
Aeronautical Engineer Senior / Advanced Programs
Basic QualificationsBachelor or Above Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent
Must have a Final Secret to Start
Experience with structural analysis by hand methods
Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Understanding of drawing practices, material properties and manufacturing processes
Experience using LM Aero Common Analysis Tools including SLIM/Vision/IDAT
Expert MSC NASTRAN/PATRAN or ABAQUS
Familiarity with CATIA V5
Excellent writing and communication skills
Composites and metallic analysis
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Post a Job
Engineer- Mechanical Or Aeronautical Engineering - Relocate To San Diego, CA
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer, to join our Hardware Design team, that will be responsible for conceptualizing and articulating innovative resolutions to highly technical and complex mechanical and aeronautical engineering problems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Represent the company nationally, through technical presentations and papers as an expert, consultant, and champion of specialized engineering knowledge in one or more of the following subject areas; static and dynamic structural analysis, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics.
- Anticipates and reports on future engineering challenges that will directly impact the present and future engineering objectives of the organization.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance for research into the solution of engineering problems.
- Advises or directs the planning for the implementation of engineering solutions, including strategic objectives and timetables.
- Participates or directs the allocation of technical resources and professional staff to achieve objectives.
- Prepares status/progress reports and ensure compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Acts as spokesperson and represents the technical capabilities of the organization to national audiences.
- Functions as a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff.
- Effectively counsels, mentors and transfers highly specialized technical engineering knowledge to management, professional and support staff.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; eighteen or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, sixteen or more years of experience with a masters degree, or thirteen or more years with a PhD.
- Must be a nationally recognized expert in one or more engineering fields as demonstrated by: (1) original work(s) published in national professional engineering journals; (2) invited presentations to national engineering symposiums; (3) participation as Chair on national engineering review panels; and, (4) engineering patents held.
- Has demonstrated leadership ability by directing/developing the solution(s) to highly technical and complex engineering problems, and has been a key participant in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as professional staff. Must possess the ability to: (1) guide the resolution of unusually complex technical problems; (2) champion the development of new concepts and principles; and, (3) serve as an expert spokesperson on those concepts and principles.
- Must also possess excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, be customer focused, and able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Clearance Required? Desired
Post a Job
Aeronautical Acoustic Engineer Technical Seta
Provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) support to a government program manager (PM) on a UAV R&D; program. Areas of research include acoustic signature coupling with atmospheric attenuation and background noise. The successful candidate will provide subject matter expertise support to the government in the form of independent review and summary of technical literature and emerging technologies and in support of technical conferences and workshops related to program technical areas. Responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to the government PM in the evaluation of the testing of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) quieting technologies, specifically pertaining to airframe-generated acoustics.
- Assimilate and integrate technical inputs from performers, and analyze performers' technical deliverables and reports.
- Assist the government PM in the continuous survey and summarization of relevant government, academic, and contracted research
- Assist in coordinating potential mission and transition partners.
- Occasional travel to program performer sites.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in Aeronautics and aero-acoustics with 9 years of experience, or a MS in Aeronautics and aero-acoustics with 12 years of experience.
- 5 years experience with the U. S. Government, including experience with requirements, CONOPS, R&D;, and transition.
- Experience with acoustic measurement, especially low noise level and human perception.
- R&D;, production, or operations experience with aircraft, especially UAV systems.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple, concurrent tasks.
- Experience with managing a multi-organizational, multi-disciplinary test an evaluation team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently within a dynamic, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to write concisely and accurately present technical and scientific concepts and issues to people with varying levels of expertise.
Commissioning And Qualification Engineer - Pharma Biotech Research And Development
Position Title Commissioning and Qualification Engineer
Pharma Biotech Research and Development
Location Reading PA
A Commissioning and Qualification (C&Q) Engineer responsible for the authoring and execution of test protocols for startup, commissioning, and qualification activities. The C&Q Engineer may also be called on to provide input for process and instrument and control design activities. This individual must be capable of working in an interdisciplinary environment as a contributing team member and independently on a wide variety of projects.
* Author startup, commissioning, and qualification test protocols for mechanical, electrical, and automated systems.
* Field execution of test protocols for mechanical, electrical, and automated systems.
* Temperature mapping of controlled temperature units (freezers, refrigerators, incubators, etc.) as well as sterilization processes.
* Represent company at onsite client meetings.
* Interact with clients, managers, vendors, contractors, and colleagues within the company.
* Interact with a variety of departments such as Validation, Engineering, Project Management and Quality Assurance, among others.
* Provide on-site startup, troubleshooting, and engineering services support to the client.
* Provide process and instrument and control design support.
* Identify new work opportunities and submit proposals.
* Engineering or science degree from ABET accredited university program.
* Minimum of two to four years related experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Must have experience with DCS, PLC, and other local or remote automation and control systems.
* Experience in a FDA regulated environment is a plus.
* Experience with LEED or building commissioning projects is a plus.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
* Excellent attitude, attention to detail and interpersonal relationship skills.
* Excellent documentation practices.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
* Must be willing and able to work additional or off hours on projects as required to satisfy the client's deadlines.
* Must be will and able to travel to client sites for test execution in laboratory, manufacturing, or office environments.
* Capable of working independently and within a team framework.
* Sensitive to client's needs and demands.
* Ability to work within project budget and schedule requirements.
* Capable of multi-tasking on different projects.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Engineering or science degree from ABET accredited university program.
2. 2+ years of experience with test protocols for startup, commissioning, and qualification activities within a Pharma / Biotech manufacturing environment.
3. Experience with DCS, PLC, and other local or remote automation and control systems.
4. Experience in a FDA regulated environment is a plus.
5. Experience with LEED or building commissioning projects is a plus.
Post a Job
From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy. In addition, you will participate in activities that include testing and debugging of operating systems that run NetApp storage applications. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of a system or major subsystems
Writing project specifications and release documentation and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation including:
Testing and/or Unit Testing
Critical and/or high visibility customer support
Deliver resilient, robust and durable designs
Lead and participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups across Business Units associated with evaluating and executing design and development plans for products
Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers Job Requirements Requirements:
Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions; Recognized expert in a portion of product area
Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
Strong generalist understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team
Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Responsibility and Interaction:
Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
Work effectively with staff to Vice-President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently
Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position
Work effectively with senior engineers within Business Unit
Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others Education and Experience Education & Experience:
A minimum of 8 years of experience is required. 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California
- Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
USA - Massachusetts
USA - North Carolina
- Research Triangle Park
Requisition Number 42057BR EEO Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Post a Job
Electrical Engineer - Innovation And Research
We are the world's largest provider of building technologies. Our elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable.
The Innovation & Research organization is a small, agile and centrally held innovation team. We work with Universities, External Research organizations and global business units to identify, develop and demonstrate innovative technology solutions, products, services and intelligent systems through a structured method of innovation. The team also enables organization wide innovation through development and deployment of innovation catalysts that are trained thru a well-defined learning and development and certification process.
- To develop and execute an electrical, energy conversion and electromagnetic systems technology roadmap with a high potential to create disruptive products.
- The individual will be involved in technology maturity levels ranging from TRL1-TRL5, with responsibilities to manage the transition to product development teams.
- The candidate will need to maintain and extend the network of the company’s internal and external entities with the objective to accelerate the agenda for innovation.
- The job requires deep technical knowledge and the ability to create strategic content and tactical execution. Track record in creating innovative and prototyping ideas, working directly and indirectly with a global network of institutions and industrial partners is a must.
- Deep technical knowledge in other areas is a plus, including materials, chemistry, communications/networks, and control systems.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Investigate new technologies, and their potential applications. The area of motor and drives will be a focus in this segment.
- Develop strategic partnerships and plans for execution of the strategy
- Grow partnerships with existing international institutions, including universities, laboratories, and the industry.
- Create intellectual property strategy.
- Lead and manage technology evaluation and demonstration plans, risk reductions and transition to production teams
- Coordinate with researchers, engineers and managers across the organization, and external entities.
- Coordinate with external entities, and potential third-party service and technology providers
- Ability to expand and lead beyond areas of expertise.
- Capability to coordinate, mentor and provide/receive technical guidance of globally located and multi-disciplinary teams
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Master degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field, doctorate level preferred.
- Formal education in system engineering, communications, networks, materials, power electronics, computer science or similar fields are a plus.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum master engineering degree in electrical engineering and electronics
- At least 10 years of working experience, preferably in the area of electrical motors, with a high experience in other areas.
- Experience in power electronics, materials and chemistry, network/communications, energy harvesting, energy storage technologies is a plus
- Experience working closely with academic institutions, entrepreneurial companies and large institutions.
- Experimental / test experience is required
- Team oriented personality, capability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must know Maxwell and similar packages for electromagnetic analysis
Candidate Must Have:
- Experience with power electronics
- electrical/electromagnetism background
We offer an exceptional base salary in addition to a generous and comprehensive benefits package plus relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a brief cover letter with salary expectation.Post a Job
Senior Aeronautical Engineer – Design
Come Sky With Us
At Terrafugia, the sky’s not the limit…it’s cruising altitude. We’re fast paced, innovative disruptors building the world’s first practical flying car.
Terrafugia is still small but we are growing fast. We have a number of Transition® prototypes and our test pilots have logged more than one hundred hours of flight testing.
Working at Terrafugia will give you the opportunity to test and hone your skills as well. We’re industry leaders, not followers. You won’t find a set of instructions that come with your role here. What you will find is a can-do attitude grounded in science that encourages curiosity, imagination, thoughtful collaboration and initiative.
You will be working on exciting projects as we push the boundaries of aviation and automotive technologies. We are looking for self-starters who bring positive attitude, integrity and enthusiasm to our team as we transform personal transportation.
As a Key Contributor You Will
Assist in the design of flight control systems and assess structural capability and aircraft performance, stability and control
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Complete the mechanical design of flight control and autopilot hardware, including mechanical design supporting DFM and DFA principles
- Perform stress analysis of metallic and composite parts
- Design, plan, execute and document static load tests of flight surfaces and flight control components
- Assist in aircraft flight and ground testing including assessment of aircraft performance and controllability
- Provide support for the development, procurement, manufacturing and modification of aircraft systems, sub-systems, components and equipment with the ability to provide expertise in manufacturing, design and repair of composite and metallic aircraft structures
- Support systems engineering in assessing aircraft compliance to ASTM standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 7+ years technical work experience, OR
- A master’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 5+ years technical work experience
- Advanced knowledge of general aviation aircraft component design and construction
- In depth knowledge of structural analysis on aerospace components
- Understanding of basic aircraft and flight control aerodynamics
- Creation and analysis of parts, assemblies and drawings using CAD software
- Outstanding organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Aircraft component static load testing
- Aerodynamic loads development
- Certification experience (ASTM F2245, 14 CFR Part 23)
- Derivation of aircraft performance from test data
- Stability and Control assessment
- Knowledge of the uses and pitfalls of VLM, panel codes, CFD, wind tunnel testing and flight testing
Terrafugia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, ancestry, religion or veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Mobile Vulnerability Research Engineer
We are currently hiring a Mobile Vulnerability Research Engineer for a permanent position with a client in Chantilly, Virginia.
- TS/SCI required. Can sponsor for higher level.
- Desired skill sets include experience with IDAPro and embedded development.
- Must have experience with either Android or iOS.
- Review, isolate, analyze and then reverse-engineer programs that are vulnerable or malicious code in order to determine and understand the specific nature of the threat.
- Document the specific attack capabilities of the specimen (code, virus, etc.) and understand the concept of exploitation scenario.
- Stay on top of the "vulnerability landscape" and be up-to-date on current attacks or potential attacks and prepare counter-measures (if possible) to thwart those attacks or at least be prepared for them.
- Analyze common network services and software applications in order to discover new and potential vulnerabilities.