Aeronautical Test Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Test Engineer
Calspan’s Tire Research Facility is a world leader in the indoor measurement of Force & Moment data on tires. With Customers that include leading vehicle manufacturers, tire manufacturers and motorsport organizations, Calspan is always improving and advancing the science. We are searching for a motivated engineer to join our group. The Test Engineer will support Calspan’s Tire Research Facility by interacting with others to prepare and execute tests in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance to industry best practices.
- Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years in a testing environment; helpful
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Mechanical aptitude
- Hands-on experience in a test environment
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts draw valid conclusions and make specific recommendations
- Write accurate, consistent and well written reports
- Understanding of mechanical systems and ability to trouble shoot problems
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD Inventor
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Junior Test Engineer W/ Requirements Analysis Experience, And Unix Or Windows
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE OR REINSTATABLE TS/SCI W/ POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
- Required- Shall have two (2) years experience in test engineering or integration of modern hardware/software systems.
- · Desired- Proficient in the development and integration of test strategies, plans, traceability matrices, procedures, and reports.
· Desired- Two (2) years of requirements analysis experience and in particular must be fully trained or have experience in the testing of systems at the component, integration, system, and end-to-end levels.
- Specialized Experience:
· Desired- Experience with Basic UNIX or Windows commands and a basic understanding of capturing snapshots.
· Desired- Experience in writing test cases and writing discrepancy reports.
Junior Lab Test Engineer
Assure Solutions, Inc. (ASI) is a growing wireless mobile engineering company that offers mobile device test services and solutions for the telecommunication industry. We aim to provide quality services to our client’s products and ensure the best mobile device and tablets. We are currently seeking a passionate Lab Test Engineer to join and support our dynamic team in Bellevue, WA.
Summary of Job Position: The Lab Test Engineer will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting wireless devices such as smartphones and tablets on the Android OS and Windows platform. This position will support local and international mobile development projects, while working closely with client’s labs and test engineers.
- Execute and document mobile devices and tablets carried by AT&T.
- Execute and document developed test cases for each device
- Report mobile device and tablet defects with detailed explanations in the proper databases, email correspondence, IM discussions, and meetings.
- Work with R&D teams to debug software issues
- Maintain and follow thru with reported defects to ensure the defect has been resolved
- Manage and investigate issues reported by carriers, Technical Account Managers, Quality Managers, Customer Care Managers, or other Test Engineers
- Execute and manage device stability testing, create test environments, and modify automation scripts
- Prioritize projects by referring to the client’s expectations and the team working on the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum 3 years in Mobile Device Testing
- Familiarity with AT&T 10776 and AT&T Lab Customer Requirements is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of UMTS protocol and general knowledge of UMTS network structure
- In-depth knowledge on procedure to debug and identify root causes of technical issues
- Good understanding of LTE and VOLTE systems and protocols
- Good understanding of GSM and WCDMA systems and protocols.
- Experience using test equipments such as Anritsu, Anite, Spirent, and Rohde & Schwarz
- Experience using Qualcomm debugging tools QxDM, QPST, QCAT
- Experience using Quality Center, Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, PTC, or other databases
- Programming and experience with C, C++, Python is a plus
Lead HV Field Testing Engineer
At MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) our Mission is to be the Industry Leader in providing Safe, Professional, and Reliable Operations & Maintenance Services to our Nation’s Clean Energy Infrastructure.
Our company has a nationwide footprint and provides central operations and field maintenance services to hundreds of asset owners in the United States. MaxGen currently manages some of the largest operating solar fleets in the country and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
MaxGen also has significant experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
This combined experience and expertise brings our customers unparalleled service, asset performance, and strong partnership in the long-term care and operation of their energy asset portfolios.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Ensuring a safe environment at all times
- Testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of solar site MV/HV equipment such as transformers, substations, switchyards, switchgear, relays, breakers, etc.
- Assisting as needed in training personnel on MV/HV equipment
- Project Management of MV/HV maintenance activities as needed
- Communication/Planning/Scheduling with various groups
- Coordinating outages with the central operations center
- Work and equipment testing instructions and procedures
- Prepare service reports for site visits, emergency repairs, equipment modifications and equipment improvement investigations
- Ensure a safe work environment
- Test equipment acquisition, maintenance, and certification
- Root cause failure analysis as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical Engineering Degree or 6 years related work experience
- BSEE or BSME Graduate Engineer
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in the power generation industry, preferably in power plant maintenance.
- 1 year PV experience, a plus
- Previous experience working with power electronic conversion equipment
- Experience with HV substation equipment including protective relay systems
- Working knowledge of utility scale Power Plant Operations
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organization skills
- Demonstrated experience using HV electrical test and measurement equipment
- Solid working knowledge of various measurement techniques
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System to document work
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- 80% of travel required
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, climb a ladder, and to work in harsh environments
Post a Job
Lead Test Engineer
- Develops test scenarios and test scripts
- Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
- Ensures functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
- Designs, develops and executes reusable test cases and procedures based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation using HP Quality Center/HP ALM
- Identifies, creates and secures test data as necessary
- Collects, tracks and reports test metrics and briefs leadership on test status
- Develops and maintains the Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix that maps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to the applicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or related field with 7 to 9 years of software testing experience
- Experience with Test Management and Automated Test Execution tools
- Demonstrated experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment with understanding of test concepts, methodologies and practices
- Experience with automated regression test scripts
- Experience in Federal Government software testing
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Active Secret clearanceDesired
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle UPK and GRC Suite, and SQL
- Knowledge of IBM InfoSphere DataStage /Abinitio
- Demonstrated experience working with continuous integration environments
- Expertise with HP Quality Center and the HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Performance)
- 1 -3 years of PeopleSoft ELM experience
- Strong experience across the Human Resource module including Core HR, Self-Service, Global Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Enterprise Learning Management (ELM)
- Ability to develop and run PeopleSoft queries
Senior Test Engineer
The requirements are as follows: Analyzes systems requirements and concept of operations documents, and systems descriptions to develop test plans and procedures and report status and results of the testing. Support the development of test documentation and test strategies. Works with systems engineers and developers to provide specialized both product regression testing and specialized testing to meet specialized requirements to meet the program needs. Must be able to work independently in the production and execution of testing activities. Must have an understanding of LINUX. Must have experience with JAVA/Junit and scripting languages. Must have experience with SVN, Git and MAVEN. Must have experience conducting unit, performance and integration testing. Should have some experience with JSON, XML, and regular expressions. Should have some experience with Cygwin and Eclipse or another IDE. Would be nice to have understanding of HTML, SSL and HDFS interfaces. Strong communication skills; experience working closely with software engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators and operations engineers. Experience with ticketing systems (I.E. Jira). Test Automation experience. FS Poly
Synergy ECP is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business SD(VOSB) that was formed in July 2007 with Headquarters in Columbia, MD and is made up of talented, dedicated staff to provide a broad range of services to the defense, intelligence and health care industries.
In an ultra-competitive environment, Synergy ECP has thrived by adhering to our name, making sure excellence is displayed by our Employees, to our Customers and by Improving Performance (ECP).
It’s what sets us apart, enabling us to be an autonomous yet agile business that delivers huge results - showing we’re ready to meet our customers’ evolving demands.
Synergy ECP has earned a client list that includes numerous Fortune 100 companies, in addition to multiple branches of the US government and military services.
Synergy ECP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Add your job description here...Recognizing the worldwide nature of the semiconductor industry and its need for service and close technical support, we established operations in Japan in 1987, Singapore in 1990, and Germany in 2000. Through these inTEST subsidiaries, we quickly became known for our unsurpassed worldwide service and support, which has been an important factor in our growth and profitability.
Post a Job
Q.A. Test Engineer (M/F)
- Working with our quality assurance team you are involved in the development of software solutions based on Microsoft Business Solutions NAV (Navision) for the solution incadea.myengine
- This includes the collection, analysis and realization of requirements as well as the testing and evaluation of developed/adjusted features
- You focus on quality assurance and the creation of internal documentation working closely together and coordinating with the respective specialists
- Execution, maintenance and documentation of quality assurance processes
- Creation of technical documentation and end customer documentation
- Motivated, self dependent way of working within a team.
Skills and Specifications:
- You have Navision knowledge and ideally you have car dealership experience regarding the processes which are covered by a DMS
- You became familiar with and appreciate the structures of a midsize company during your occupational career.
- Your communication skills are strong
- Fluent English and German (written and spoken) required
- Your working method is exact, structured and solution-oriented
- You are ready to obtain the qualification as certified quality assurance employee subject to ISTQB
- You are highly motivated, reliable and ready to familiarize yourself with complex subject areas.
- A varied, responsible position within a great team
- Freedom for professional and personal development
- A secure future
- A full time job with a permanent contract.
Germany- Saarbrücken/Polch/Leipzig/Home Office
- Full time as of now.
Tresys has an opportunity for a Test Engineer. This individual will be testing and evaluating complex software systems. They will use various test tools and develop custom tools using C, C++, Java, and Python. They will also perform manual testing of software and systems. This position allows creative thinking to explore out of box techniques to find bugs and experiment with tool solutions as well as critical analysis to help solve problems, anticipate code impact, and recommend fixes or workarounds.
This position is based in our Columbia, MD office and requires an active DoD Secret Clearance.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the following areas is required:
- Manual software testing experience
- Software development experience to understand code and develop new testing tools
- Testing through a full system development life cycle including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
- Documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Testing systems from existing system and functional specifications
- Developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation
- Development experience with: Extensible Markup Language (XML); Perl, Python or Ruby; and either Java, C, or C++
- Experience with developing and operating test platforms on Linux
- Analysis of test data and determination of expected outcomes from the tests
- Experience utilizing software configuration management (CM) tools
- Working knowledge of and skills in the use of automated test tools and related computer aided software engineering (CASE) applications (e.g., Rational ClearQuest)
- Experience with load/stress/performance testing, interface testing, security testing, and system integration testing
- Experience with binary data
- Undergraduate or equivalent knowledge of probability/ statistics
- Java testing using JUnit
- Familiarity with the following: Daffodil open source project, JIRA, TestLink or other test management system, Test Data Markup Language (TDML), Scala, MS Excel, relational databases and SQL, HTML, XSLT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems. In lieu of degree, seven (7) years of software development is required.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
Valuing People is our Culture.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys Technology innovates and applies advanced technologies to solve the high-security requirements of commercial, critical infrastructure, defense and intelligence customers.
These are just some of the words employees use to describe what makes Tresys a great place to work. We think we have developed the ideal environment for creating a flourishing business AND a unique, enviable culture. We know that our culture is unique and that the work we do is interesting and challenging because we hear it all the time from our people. Our benefits include mentoring and training programs designed to identify and provide opportunities for career pathing; employee and family medical, vision, dental, and prescription plans; tuition reimbursement; corporate 401k contribution regardless of the amount of employee participation; annual profitability bonuses; a minimum of three weeks of vacation; a casual environment; and flexible work hours/schedules.
Sr Software Test Engineer (Sdet) - Java/ Selenium
SkyTouch Technology is an early innovator of cloud-based, mobile-enabled property management system (PMS) solutions for the hospitality industry. Over the last 10+ years, our PMS software, SkyTouch Hotel OS®, has been successfully implemented in over 6,000 properties worldwide. With our proven track record, we have both disrupted the industry and changed the face of hotel operations management, becoming the premiere cloud-based PMS solution for value, scalability, and mobility through industry-leading onboarding, training, and service. As a company that relies heavily on continuing innovation, we always need the help of highly-qualified and motivated individuals who want to help move us to the next level.
The Sr Test Engineer (SDET) will be accountable for the overall integrity of the automation framework and the test cases within that framework. They will be responsible for creating best practices, communicating best practices, and ensuring those best practices are being followed by the development teams.
- Train and Assist all development teams and QA Coaches with the automated test framework and ensure adherence to the defined standards.
- Update tests and the framework itself to new standards where applicable
- Review the automation framework standards and Java best practices inside tests
- Approve Pull Requests for automated tests
- Design, implement and execute automated tests
- Debug and fix existing automated scripts
- Check out, update, commit to and push code
- Configures regression framework to run against different instances
- Executes and maintains manual test scripts as needed
- Uses bug tracking and report generating tools
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years software testing experience in a software design and/or testing environment
- Strong experience with automation testing
- Strong experience leading projects
- Ability to create a new framework a plus
- Extensive experience with Selenium automated tests tool and the ability to create and run automated scripts
- knowledge with the soapUI test tool and Service Oriented Architecture
- strong experience with the software development life cycle, specifically with the agile scrum test methodology
- demonstrated experience with personal computer hardware configuration
- demonstrated experience with personal computer operating systems such as UNIX and Windows
- advanced understanding of database structure concepts
- experience with standard reservations or hotel operating procedures a plus
- prior experience with a Choice Hotels software package a plus
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
- good written and oral communications skills
- strong organizational skills
- inquisitive and analytical
- unwavering attention to detail
- Selenium (not IDE or RC) required
- Java coding experience required
- Selenium Grid desired
- SauceLabs desired
- Applitools (visual based testing) a plus
- Atlassian Products a plus
- QA Symphony a plus
- ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- ability and initiative to work independently
- must be able to uphold SkyTouch’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect
- willingness and ability to work long or late hours, based on business needs
- other related duties as assigned
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmand http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Post a Job