Aeronautical Test Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Test Engineer
Sr Test Engineer (Sdet) - Java/Selenium
SkyTouch Technology is an early innovator of cloud-based, mobile-enabled property management system (PMS) solutions for the hospitality industry. Over the last 10+ years, our PMS software, SkyTouch Hotel OS®, has been successfully implemented in over 6,000 properties worldwide. With our proven track record, we have both disrupted the industry and changed the face of hotel operations management, becoming the premiere cloud-based PMS solution for value, scalability, and mobility through industry-leading onboarding, training, and service. As a company that relies heavily on continuing innovation, we always need the help of highly-qualified and motivated individuals who want to help move us to the next level.
The Sr Test Engineer (SDET) will be accountable for the overall integrity of the automation framework and the test cases within that framework. They will be responsible for creating best practices, communicating best practices, and ensuring those best practices are being followed by the development teams.
- Train and Assist all development teams and QA Coaches with the automated test framework and ensure adherence to the defined standards.
- Update tests and the framework itself to new standards where applicable
- Review the automation framework standards and Java best practices inside tests
- Approve Pull Requests for automated tests
- Design, implement and execute automated tests
- Debug and fix existing automated scripts
- Check out, update, commit to and push code
- Configures regression framework to run against different instances
- Executes and maintains manual test scripts as needed
- Uses bug tracking and report generating tools
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years software testing experience in a software design and/or testing environment
- Strong experience with automation testing
- Strong experience leading projects
- Ability to create a new framework a plus
- Extensive experience with Selenium automated tests tool and the ability to create and run automated scripts
- knowledge with the soapUI test tool and Service Oriented Architecture
- strong experience with the software development life cycle, specifically with the agile scrum test methodology
- demonstrated experience with personal computer hardware configuration
- demonstrated experience with personal computer operating systems such as UNIX and Windows
- advanced understanding of database structure concepts
- experience with standard reservations or hotel operating procedures a plus
- prior experience with a Choice Hotels software package a plus
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
- good written and oral communications skills
- strong organizational skills
- inquisitive and analytical
- unwavering attention to detail
- Selenium (not IDE or RC)
- Java coding
- Selenium Grid desired
- SauceLabs desired
- Applitools (visual based testing) a plus
- Atlassian Products a plus
- QA Symphony a plus
- ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- ability and initiative to work independently
- must be able to uphold SkyTouch’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect
- willingness and ability to work long or late hours, based on business needs
- other related duties as assigned
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmand http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Use this job description
Electonic Warfare Test Engineer
General Engineering: Applies engineering principles to research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate systems.
Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. This position applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, design, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
Education: A bachelor's or postgraduate degree in an engineering or physics discipline from a school where the specified curriculum was accredited by the ABET.
a. A total of at least 5 years of professional engineering experience that has consisted of performing the foregoing engineering functions, and
b. At least 3 years of the foregoing total experience shall have consisted of performing engineering functions with respect to support, research or development of mechanical, electrical, or aerospace systems.
Specific position description and experience preferences:
- A mid-to-senior level test engineer position, requires ability to lead test projects.
- Experience as an EA-6B Prowler or EA-18G Growler Electronic Counter-Measures Officer (ECMO) highly regarded.
- Experience in Electronic Warfare systems design, test and/or operations preferred.
- Experience with the ALQ-218 preferred.
- Experience with phased array radar very helpful.
- Experience with Wireshark very helpful.
- Familiarity with analytic and design software to include MATLAB, C++, Java preferred.
Must be able to gain a TS Clearance.
Use this job description
Test Data Systems Engineer Supervisor - Nfac
Test Data Systems Engineer Supervisor
NASA Ames Research Center @ Moffett Field in Mountain View, California
National Aerospace Solutions is contracted by the United States Air Force to operate and maintain the world’s largest wind tunnel at NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA. The National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex (NFAC) provides the United States with the capability of performing ground-based aerodynamic and acoustic experiments at speeds from static to nearly 350mph on large-scale and full-scale aerospace vehicles and components. This complex includes a 40 by 80 foot Wind Tunnel, a 80 by 120 foot Wind Tunnel and the Outdoor Aerodynamic Research Facility.
This is an engineering lead role that will supervise a group of approximately 8 Instrumentation and Software Engineers, Data System Technicians, and Data Analysts.
- Interface with test customers to establish test requirements for the instrumentation and data system working closely with Test Directors.
- Responsible to identify required data system improvements, and coordinate upgrade and checkouts activities.
- Oversee the analysis and verification of test data and subsequent data report generation.
- Develop and lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and data system support staff.
- Coordinate staff work assignments, track their progress and help eliminate roadblocks.
- Ensure Instrumentation Engineers develop and maintain system documentation and perform necessary configuration management.
- Coordinate activities to prepare and check-out instrumentation and data systems to support tests in the NFAC.
- Assess group needs and coordinate group resources to optimize efficiency and productivity. Assess and manage risks related to data system upgrade projects.
- Oversee Data System Group annual budget.
- Foster a strong safety culture amongst team members to sustain an injury and incident free workplace.
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Be a sounding board for addressing concerns and troubleshooting problems.
- Develop process and procedure documentation as required.
- Ensure clear goals and expectations are communicated and followed within the team.
- Review performance and write annual reviews for staff.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering (or a closely related discipline) plus 12 years progressive and relevant experience.
- Post-graduate education in engineering or business management/administration will be helpful, but not required.
- The working environment is highly dynamic and will require managing several different projects simultaneously.
- Position requires demonstrated leadership ability as evidenced by prior work experience, including skills for directing and motivating a multidisciplinary staff of technicians and engineers.Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Good familiarity with general instrumentation equipment & practices standard to the instrumentation industry.
- Must have the ability to be technically conversant with experts in the fields of instrumentation, data acquisition, and process controls.
- Technical competence and at least 10 years’ practical experience in instrumentation or controls engineering in support of major test facilities or heavy industry.
- Working knowledge of safety, security, environmental and quality procedures and requirements for instrumentation systems.
- General knowledge of configuration management principles.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Use this job description
Tresys has an opportunity for a Test Engineer. This individual will be testing and evaluating complex software systems. They will use various test tools and develop custom tools using C, C++, Java, and Python. . This position allows creative thinking to explore out of box techniques to find bugs and experiment with tool solutions as well as critical analysis to help solve problems, anticipate code impact, and recommend fixes or workarounds.
This position is based in our Columbia, MD office and requires an active DoD Secret Clearance.
A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the following areas is required:
- Software development experience
- Testing through a full system development life cycle including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
- Documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Testing systems from existing system and functional specifications
- Developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation
- Development experience with: Extensible Markup Language (XML); Perl, Python or Ruby; and either Java, C, or C++
- Experience with developing and operating test platforms on Linux
- Analysis of test data and determination of expected outcomes from the tests
- Experience utilizing software configuration management (CM) tools
- Working knowledge of and skills in the use of automated test tools and related computer aided software engineering (CASE) applications (e.g., Rational ClearQuest)
- Experience with load/stress/performance testing, interface testing, security testing, and system integration testing
- Experience with binary data
- Undergraduate or equivalent knowledge of probability/ statistics
- Java testing using JUnit
- Familiarity with the following: Daffodil open source project, JIRA, TestLink or other test management system, Test Data Markup Language (TDML), Scala, MS Excel, relational databases and SQL, HTML, XSLT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems. In lieu of degree, seven (7) years of software development is required.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required.
Valuing People is our Culture.
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, Tresys Technology innovates and applies advanced technologies to solve the high-security requirements of commercial, critical infrastructure, defense and intelligence customers.
These are just some of the words employees use to describe what makes Tresys a great place to work. We think we have developed the ideal environment for creating a flourishing business AND a unique, enviable culture. We know that our culture is unique and that the work we do is interesting and challenging because we hear it all the time from our people. Our benefits include mentoring and training programs designed to identify and provide opportunities for career pathing; employee and family medical, vision, dental, and prescription plans; tuition reimbursement; corporate 401k contribution regardless of the amount of employee participation; annual profitability bonuses; a minimum of three weeks of vacation; a casual environment; and flexible work hours/schedules.
Junior Lab Test Engineer
Assure Solutions, Inc. (ASI) is a growing wireless mobile engineering company that offers mobile device test services and solutions for the telecommunication industry. We aim to provide quality services to our client’s products and ensure the best mobile device and tablets. We are currently seeking a passionate Lab Test Engineer to join and support our dynamic team in Bellevue, WA.
Summary of Job Position: The Lab Test Engineer will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting wireless devices such as smartphones and tablets on the Android OS and Windows platform. This position will support local and international mobile development projects, while working closely with client’s labs and test engineers.
- Execute and document mobile devices and tablets carried by AT&T.
- Execute and document developed test cases for each device
- Report mobile device and tablet defects with detailed explanations in the proper databases, email correspondence, IM discussions, and meetings.
- Work with R&D teams to debug software issues
- Maintain and follow thru with reported defects to ensure the defect has been resolved
- Manage and investigate issues reported by carriers, Technical Account Managers, Quality Managers, Customer Care Managers, or other Test Engineers
- Execute and manage device stability testing, create test environments, and modify automation scripts
- Prioritize projects by referring to the client’s expectations and the team working on the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum 3 years in Mobile Device Testing
- Familiarity with AT&T 10776 and AT&T Lab Customer Requirements is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of UMTS protocol and general knowledge of UMTS network structure
- In-depth knowledge on procedure to debug and identify root causes of technical issues
- Good understanding of LTE and VOLTE systems and protocols
- Good understanding of GSM and WCDMA systems and protocols.
- Experience using test equipments such as Anritsu, Anite, Spirent, and Rohde & Schwarz
- Experience using Qualcomm debugging tools QxDM, QPST, QCAT
- Experience using Quality Center, Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, PTC, or other databases
- Programming and experience with C, C++, Python is a plus
Lead HV Field Testing Engineer
At MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) our Mission is to be the Industry Leader in providing Safe, Professional, and Reliable Operations & Maintenance Services to our Nation’s Clean Energy Infrastructure.
Our company has a nationwide footprint and provides central operations and field maintenance services to hundreds of asset owners in the United States. MaxGen currently manages some of the largest operating solar fleets in the country and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
MaxGen also has significant experience with the development, design, installation, and maintenance of electric vehicle service equipment (EVSE) and battery energy storage systems (BESS). As an OEM service provider to many manufacturers, MaxGen has amassed industry-leading experience with EVSE and BESS installations.
This combined experience and expertise brings our customers unparalleled service, asset performance, and strong partnership in the long-term care and operation of their energy asset portfolios.
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
- Ensuring a safe environment at all times
- Testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of solar site MV/HV equipment such as transformers, substations, switchyards, switchgear, relays, breakers, etc.
- Assisting as needed in training personnel on MV/HV equipment
- Project Management of MV/HV maintenance activities as needed
- Communication/Planning/Scheduling with various groups
- Coordinating outages with the central operations center
- Work and equipment testing instructions and procedures
- Prepare service reports for site visits, emergency repairs, equipment modifications and equipment improvement investigations
- Ensure a safe work environment
- Test equipment acquisition, maintenance, and certification
- Root cause failure analysis as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical Engineering Degree or 6 years related work experience
- BSEE or BSME Graduate Engineer
- 6 – 8 years’ experience in the power generation industry, preferably in power plant maintenance.
- 1 year PV experience, a plus
- Previous experience working with power electronic conversion equipment
- Experience with HV substation equipment including protective relay systems
- Working knowledge of utility scale Power Plant Operations
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organization skills
- Demonstrated experience using HV electrical test and measurement equipment
- Solid working knowledge of various measurement techniques
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System to document work
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- 80% of travel required
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, climb a ladder, and to work in harsh environments
Use this job description
Test Engineer - 50742Br
*Minimum Years Experience
*Minimum Education Required
*What skills does this position require?
Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Technical field. Other types OK.
At least 5 years’ experience in automotive IT development
GUI for Audio, Navi, or Telematics development
Preferred to have experience in Human Factors related to Human Machine Interface (HMI), Advanced displays, Cognitive task analysis, Customer Clinic setup
Preferred to have knowledge of NTSHA Driver Distraction guidelines
Preferred to have knowledge of emerging Telematics services, such as phone to vehicle integration, data services, internet radio, etc.
Outgoing person able to create presentations and push new ideas through the company
Ability to travel to Japan 2-3 times per year and to NNA (Nashville) 3-4 times per year.
Must be self-motivated, outgoing, and able to work with minimal direction.
Automotive IT – infotainment technology development experience a plus
IT performance engineer to work with vehicle competitiveness, product planning, and IT design teams to provide feedback and set direction for system requirements for current and future Nissan IT systems. IT Performance engineer will be responsible to provide detailed benchmark information, help establish target criteria, direction for screen layouts, conduct and provide customer clinic feedback, and do physical confirmation of the systems target criteria achievement.
HMI – Human Machine Interface meet the customer expectation - Testing at the vehicle level
Cognitive/neuro science / Biomedical / psychology
*Describe the principle, core primary tasks that a person in this position performs on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis?
- Bench marking of competitive IT systems / IT Market Trends and document through videos, pictures, logic trees and present the key findings to affected groups.
- Identify Key performance attributes to be adopted to Nissan products, via System Performances, Spec and Features differences, emerging trends, unique and useful HMI/GUIs’, for continuous improvement for customer ease of use.
- Conduct Customer Clinics (Internal/External), design/recruit and schedule sites and participants (Internal).
- Conduct testing on HMI development benches and field testing (requires periodic travel, including overseas) for the execution of the HMI system level performance, including cameras, Bluetooth and audio.
Possibly 20% Overtime
Some International and domestic travel
Use this job description
Sr Test Design Engineer
Test Design Engineer
You must be experienced in multiple facets of Test Design Engineering. Including; development of Test
Solution Requirements, Test Solution Architectural Design, Test Solution Specifications, and Test
Procedures for various tests conducted throughout the life-cycle of the item under test.
Perform testability analyses and/or design of RF, Digital, and Analog Interface Test Adapter (ITA) circuitry. Developing test hardware, software, and documentation for Test Program Sets (TPS) used to test products at all levels of development and production.
One or more of the following skills required:
National Instruments (NI) TestStand, NI Labwindovvs/CVI, NI Labview, NI Measurement Studio, and Agilent VEE.
Additional skills preferred in one of the following:
C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, VB Script, Python, XML, and/or ATML.
- 5-8 yrs Test Design
- MSEE preferred.
$70Mm Manhattan Startup Seeks Jr. Software Engineer In Test
Manhattan tech startup, building an online marketplace for real estate investing, is looking for a Software Engineer in Test with 1-4 years of experience. Company has raised $70MM in funding and is known for its collaborative culture. Recent hires have come from Facebook, Twitter, Google, and other top companies.
The ideal candidate has experience with:
- Writing SQL
- Testing web applications and JSON-based APIs
- Selenium 2/WebDriver
- Linux environment
Software Engineer In Test
- Work on projects with a team of 1-3 software engineers.
- Assist in the technical design effort of various projects for Hotwire's e-commerce application, ensuring they meet scalability and
- Participate in the implementation effort, e.g., coding.
- Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
- Ensure adherence to engineering processes, such as, code reviews, source control, unit testing, use case analysis, and defect
Associate: Junior level resource with some basic experience Intermediate: Medium level resource with significant experience Advanced: Senior resource with considerable and extensive experience.
Established in 2000, Atrilogy Solutions Group, Inc. provides organizations of all sizes with high-quality, cost effective information technology (IT) and business process consulting & staffing services. Our industry-leading service model combines experienced project managers with seasoned technical and functional consultants to eliminate client uncertainty and deliver superior value and results.
Clients turn to Atrilogy for expertise in:
- IT staffing and placement (Project Managers, Agile/Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, DBA’s, Software Engineers, Mobile Developers (iOS, Android), DevOps, Automation, QA, Systems & Network Engineers, Cyber Security / Information Security Specialists)
- All major ERP & CRM packages (including Oracle, Workday, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Lawson, SAP, Dynamics AX, Salesforce, Microsoft CRM, NetSuite)
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Big Data Integration
- Creative (Interactive Project Manager/Art Director, Information Architect, UI/UX Designer, Web/Graphic Design)