Aeronautical Test Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Test Engineer
Junior Lab Test Engineer
Assure Solutions, Inc. (ASI) is a growing wireless mobile engineering company that offers mobile device test services and solutions for the telecommunication industry. We aim to provide quality services to our client’s products and ensure the best mobile device and tablets. We are currently seeking a passionate Lab Test Engineer to join and support our dynamic team in Bellevue, WA.
Summary of Job Position: The Lab Test Engineer will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting wireless devices such as smartphones and tablets on the Android OS and Windows platform. This position will support local and international mobile development projects, while working closely with client’s labs and test engineers.
- Execute and document mobile devices and tablets carried by AT&T.
- Execute and document developed test cases for each device
- Report mobile device and tablet defects with detailed explanations in the proper databases, email correspondence, IM discussions, and meetings.
- Work with R&D teams to debug software issues
- Maintain and follow thru with reported defects to ensure the defect has been resolved
- Manage and investigate issues reported by carriers, Technical Account Managers, Quality Managers, Customer Care Managers, or other Test Engineers
- Execute and manage device stability testing, create test environments, and modify automation scripts
- Prioritize projects by referring to the client’s expectations and the team working on the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum 3 years in Mobile Device Testing
- Familiarity with AT&T 10776 and AT&T Lab Customer Requirements is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of UMTS protocol and general knowledge of UMTS network structure
- In-depth knowledge on procedure to debug and identify root causes of technical issues
- Good understanding of LTE and VOLTE systems and protocols
- Good understanding of GSM and WCDMA systems and protocols.
- Experience using test equipments such as Anritsu, Anite, Spirent, and Rohde & Schwarz
- Experience using Qualcomm debugging tools QxDM, QPST, QCAT
- Experience using Quality Center, Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, PTC, or other databases
- Programming and experience with C, C++, Python is a plus
Electonic Warfare Test Engineer
General Engineering: Applies engineering principles to research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate systems.
Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. This position applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, design, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
Education: A bachelor's or postgraduate degree in an engineering or physics discipline from a school where the specified curriculum was accredited by the ABET.
a. A total of at least 5 years of professional engineering experience that has consisted of performing the foregoing engineering functions, and
b. At least 3 years of the foregoing total experience shall have consisted of performing engineering functions with respect to support, research or development of mechanical, electrical, or aerospace systems.
Specific position description and experience preferences:
- A mid-to-senior level test engineer position, requires ability to lead test projects.
- Experience as an EA-6B Prowler or EA-18G Growler Electronic Counter-Measures Officer (ECMO) highly regarded.
- Experience in Electronic Warfare systems design, test and/or operations preferred.
- Experience with the ALQ-218 preferred.
- Experience with phased array radar very helpful.
- Experience with Wireshark very helpful.
- Familiarity with analytic and design software to include MATLAB, C++, Java preferred.
Must be able to gain a TS Clearance.
Post a Job
Engineering Testing Technician – Construction Materials Testing
Engineering Testing Technician – Construction Materials Testing
Impact Staffing Group has been selected by a well-respected, multi-disciplined engineering design and consulting to recruit the right candidate for an Engineering Testing Technician - CMT for their rapidly growing organization. This position is a full-time, direct hire position with excellent benefits and a very competitive salary.
About the Company:
Our client is a leading multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection. Their mantra is “Building partnerships with a simple approach: Listen. Deliver. Improve.”
About the Job:
The Engineering Testing Technician (CMT) will perform QA/QC tests and routine construction materials testing field work for soil, concrete, and masonry. Depending on your knowledge and experience, special inspections and field evaluations may be assigned. Some travel may be required. The position will be predominately field located so it is subject to outside environmental conditions.
The position is in Raleigh, NC.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control testing and ICC, ACI, NICET special inspection duties for construction projects.
- Perform on site observations/inspections to confirm compliance with the local building code and project contract documents.
- Collect samples per ASTM & project requirements
- Maintain detail records of observations, inspections and test results.
- Associate Degree Strongly Desired; High School Graduate Required.
- 2+ years’ experience performing multi-discipline special inspections & tests for ICC certified inspectors strongly desired.
- ACI, ICC, NICET, NCDOT certifications are desired but client will train and promote certification as needed.
- ICC Certifications in Soils, Structural Concrete, Post-tensioning, Masonry, and/or Fireproofing are a huge plus.
- The ability to read plans & specifications
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Must be able to pass drug screen, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong motivational skills and personal drive.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- ACI, ICC, NICET, NCDOT certifications are desired but client will train and promote certification as needed.
- Competitive Salary with tremendous growth potential
- PTO (paid time off) and Holidays
- 401 (k) Plan
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Mentoring Program
- Career Enhancement Opportunities
We have a direct, personal relationship with the hiring managers at this organization. We won't simply submit your application; we'll aggressively promote your skills and abilities directly to decision makers. This gives you a better chance of a face-to-face interview and ultimately, selection for the position.
Please apply to be considered for this position!
Post a Job
Field Test Engineers
|BTI is currently looking for:||Engineer I|
|Position will be located in:||Seattle, WA|
|Position Classification:||Hourly Non-Exempt or Hourly Exempt|
|Travel:||0 - 10%|
|Full-time with day time work hours and may require weekend work|
|The Test Engineer will work on field testing on 3GPP standards based on cellular system such as GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE. The testing conducts various types of mobility and stationary RF test cases in the field of LTE, WCDMA, UMTS, and GSM. The position requires the Field Test Engineer to analyze and determine issues, check the similar/same issue history, design test plan (location, models, basic parameters, considerations, etc.), field test and/or lab test, set test environment and parameters regarding network circumstance, logging and analyze logs, determine what the log shows, confirm whether the issue is cleared or remained, professional report, and communicate with design team and QA team.|
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) is essential for creating the test reports
- General understanding for telecommunication knowledge and Android platform device
- Knowledge of Wireless Technology – LTE, GSM, CDMA
- Understanding of TCP/UDP, IP Packet, OSI Protocol Model
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable
- Solid understanding of SW testing techniques and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 0-1 year of experience
- Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Bilingual in Korean sometimes required
- Must take responsibility
- Be an analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
- Have excellent time management/Resource management
- Organized planner/Attention to detail
- Results oriented/Takes initiative
- Development of others/Teamwork
- Build Relationships/Client Focused/Service Minded
- Self-motivated, responsible in work
- Positive mindset and active personality
- Great interpersonal skills/Communicator
Post a Job
Test Engineer (Nmmes)
Job Code: 7996984
Imagine One is currently seeking a Test Engineers to provide support to the US Navy toprovide analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software/hardware applications. Support will be required in the following areas: Production Operations, Installation and Database Administration, Training and Help desk Operations. Work is associated with the development, fielding and support of a large family of shore based maintenance applications. Work will be performed in Norfolk, VA.
- Must have experience working as a test engineer.
- Senior level applicants must have ten (10) or more years of experience in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Mid-level applicants must have four (4) to eight (8) years of experience in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Junior level applicants must have at least one (1) year and no more than four (4) of experience in a managerial role in work involving Ship Maintenance and Ship Life cycle Management Systems.
- Provide testing expertise for support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software/hardware applications.
- Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable client, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Reviews user application system requirements documentation; designs, defines and documents unit and application test plans; transforms test plans into test scripts and executes those scripts.
- Participate in all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development under the direction of a Lead Test Engineer.
- Responsible for ensuring proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems.
- Senior level applicants are desired to have a Master’s Degree. A Bachelor’s Degree can be substituted.
- Mid and junior level applicants are desired to have a Bachelor’s Degree. An Associate’s Degree or High School diploma may be substituted for additional years of experience.
U.S. Citizenship required. Candidate must have an ACTIVE SECRET clearance
Please note if you have any experience with the following:
- DoD/DoN acquisition, budgeting, and investment management policies, guides, and regulations.
- Defense Business Systems.
- Department of Defense Enterprise Architecture Framework (DODAF).
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), with emphasis on the guidance issued by the DoD Deputy Chief Management Officer (DCMO).
- Operational Activities: Enterprise services, Supply Support, Materials Management, Maintenance Planning, Nuclear Propulsion, Maintenance Execution, Workforce Management, Financial Management, Facilities and Equipment, Product Life cycle Management and information technology products.
- Software languages, applications, operating systems, frameworks, integrated data environments and other expertise.
- Software/Systems Engineering using Agile methodologies, with the ability to tailor to a specific systems engineering process and software development tools
- Use of PMO-IT SDLC tools. (Serena Business Manager, Serena Dimensions, IBM Rhapsody, IBM DOORS, and HP Application Life cycle Management (ALM) and Unified Functional Testing (UFT)) Database Programming – schema design, architecture, performance tuning, SQL scripting, database consolidation, database migration, system backups and database admin.
- Application Test and Evaluation, particularly unit testing and integration testing.
- Asset Management: government documents, hardware, software (to include license agreements)
- Modification/maintenance/installation/integration of an interfaced enterprise solution of GOTS software products
- Information Assurance – DoD/DoN IA requirements and industry best practices.
- IT Infrastructure Support – hosted environment operations.
- System Administration – sys admin, help desk support, trouble ticket resolution.
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Post a Job
Software Design Engineer In Test
Waferwire is looking for an "SDET" for a contract position for a client in Redmond, WA
To support SQL Server Engineering efforts around performance engineering for SQL v.next with focus on data warehousing, analytics and advanced analytics. This will include one or more of the following activities done under the supervision of senior engineer(s). There will be regular sync with the supervising engineer(s) for status monitoring, assignment of new task and in building analysis skills.
Perform competitive study by running the workload on different could offerings
Write/Enhance tools and existing test framework needed to accomplish the above objectives.
- Bachelors or masters in computer science or equivalent
- 3 + years of industry experience covering design and development of software in one or more of the areas of system, database application, performance QA, test automation, Performance analysis.
- Strong Programming C/C++/C#, scripting (Poweshell etc)
- Strong SQL skills covering internals, Administration, Programming (T-SQL), Query analysis and tuning.
- Familiarity and usage of performance tools in windows/Linux environment.
- Performance testing and analysis experience covering scripting, automation, workload generation, analysis tools like performance monitor etc
- Familiarity with Cloud (Azure, AWS and technologies associated with data warehousing and big data
- Design tests for validation of complex mechanical or structural components and systems and write test plans and procedures to execute tests.
- Interface with design, analysis and production groups to establish and verify specific test requirements.
- Work with support teams and vendors to manufacture and assemble test articles and test stand hardware and equipment.
- Analyze test data to verify test requirements and write test reports to document test results.
- Interface with external test laboratories to facilitate testing for TSC design and analysis teams.
- Participate in the test engineering review, approval and release process.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of testing practices, including test processes, lab procedures and lab technology implementation.
What you bring:
- 4-8 years’ or more experience in aerospace with an emphasis on testing or equivalent laboratory test engineering experience
- CAD modelling experience – Experience with Catia V5 preferred
- Experience with simulation and finite element analysis preferred – NASTRAN, Femap
- Experience with DO-160 environmental test standards for mechanical systems
- Experience with the design of flight vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards such as CFR 14, Part 400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA are highly desired
- Focus on safety and reliability in testing.
- Results oriented approach to completing test activities successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player.
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
Test Engineer - VHA Financial Management
ERPi is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to provide client delivery services to Department of Veterans Affairs’ Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT) program to transition VA from its legacy core Financial Management System (FMS) to a modernized Federal Shared Service Provider’s (FSSP) financial management system solution. The FMBT program vision is to provide VA with a modern financial management solution with transformative business processes and capabilities that enable VA to meet its goals and objectives, in compliance with congressional financial management legislation and departmental directives.
ERPi is seeking a Test Engineer to support test management and coordination including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) across the FMBT program. The Test Engineer will be part of larger test team that will verify the broadest scope of functional, operational, interface and performance requirements to verify actual end user experiences. The Test Engineer must read, understand and analyze business requirements; identify test scenarios; define test plans; create test cases; run tests; and document results. The Test Engineer should be familiar with defect management system repositories and to be able to create complex test data records. This role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and client relationship building/management skills.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key process, system, and technical views of the program;
- Read, understand and analyze business requirements; identify test scenarios; define test plans; create test cases; run tests; and document results;
- Perform test management and coordination with the ability to manage multiple operations, ensuring quality standards and work performance;
- Experience in developing and maintaining test plans to organize and oversee work efforts, assigning resources, managing personnel, providing risk management and ensuring quality management;
- Ability to review and provide constructive feedback on test results, performed by the system integrator, in such test areas as unit, system, integration, regression testing.
- Mange user acceptance testing and defect management
- Experience with both functional and non-functional requirements - Good project management and systems engineering skills.
- Ability to lead interviews of key system stakeholders and translate synthesized information into well-crafted requirements statements.
- Excellence in executive-level oral and written communications (briefings, presentations, and strategic documentation)
- Coordinate external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business and communicate how people, resources and controls are contribute to successfully achieve program objectives.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and communications and represent ERPi at client progress meetings and briefings.
- Prepare progress reports and client briefings.
- Prepare quality project deliverables.
- Help to plan and execute program within client governance structure.
- Support client growth initiatives by identifying additional opportunities and scoping/responding to follow-on tasks.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 or more years’ experience in enterprise level information technology testing.
- Large Federal Business System planning, experience on VA programs and systems preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience performing on Federal government consulting projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Experience on large transformation, system integration, and/or architecture contracts.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define, collect, and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make logical decisions.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven experience developing detailed project plans, project budgets, resource plans, and risk management plans.
- COTS Business Systems experience.
- Relevant testing certifications (e.g. Certified System Tester (CSTE), Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA))
- Customer Relationship Management system experience.
- VA information technology experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results-driven environment.
- Ability to build and manage internal and external relationships at all levels within an organization while possessing diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to work effectively with diverse individuals across functional disciplines.
- Ability to think strategically to effectively assess clients’ situation and assemble service solutions to meet clients’ needs.
ERPi, a service-disabled veteran owned small business specializing in management consulting for the federal government (www.erpi.net). ERPi is undergoing a period of significant growth and offers talented candidates a chance to perform project management, strategic planning, process improvement, quality management, data analysis, and human capital planning on some of the Federal government’s largest and most complex business challenges. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and is staffed with some of the brightest and most capable technical and management consultants in the industry. ERPi is committed to creating an environment for professional growth and success for our talented professionals, as evidenced by our strong retention rate and average tenure. ERPi’s compensation and benefits plan is designed to attract and retain the industry’s most capable professionals and executives. We offer tuition reimbursement for selected graduate schools, 401(k) profit sharing, spot awards to recognize exceptional performance immediately, industry-leading health plans, and charitable donation matching, in addition to competitive base salaries.
Post a Job
Test Engineer 221
Job Description: Title: Test Engineer Job Summary:
Part of a team in testing new software baselines, as well as supporting installation of software and hardware at remote sites. Essential Job Functions: Supports the design and creation of software test cases, scenarios, and procedures that incorporates the use of a variety of software applications and tools.
Performs unit testing, configuration item and system level tests, and support verification/validation testing as required. Develops test plans and test reports for all levels of testing performed. Works closely with the customer, development staff and systems engineers to thoroughly understand the system requirements and software implementation.
Required Skills: 4 years or greater with OneSAF experience, AVCATT, Flight simulators, Red Hat LINUX, Windows, VMWare. Required Education/Experience: * Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information technology, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university. May substitute relevant military or work experience in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years experience in a Test Engineer position testing new software baselines, as well as supporting installation of software and hardware at remote sites. Other Requirements:
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job. Cole Engineering Services, Inc. has been, and is fully committed to equal employment opportunity.
Equal Employment Opportunity will remain a fundamental principle, where we seek to recruit the very best candidates. CESI actively seeks to recruit and does not discriminate in employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability and/or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Test Engineer 221 Job Type: Full-Time Location: Orlando, FL Post Date: 07/25/2016
Post a Job
Software Test Engineer
We are currently hiring for a dynamic and collaborative Software Test Engineer to join our company! The Software Test position demands strong overall knowledge of both development and operation processes and testing principles with a particular strength in working with scalable highly available software systems.
At Verifi, you will be part of a dynamic environment that supports interdepartmental collaboration, fuels creativity and provides you with an opportunity to take ownership and play an intricate part in our company’s success. You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on our aspirations for global domination and disruption of the payments space. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community and creating new friendships.
Post a Job