Aeronautical Test Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aeronautical Test Engineer
The opportunity to work on multidisciplinary projects is one of the most appealing aspects of working at our Company. Every year our staff is involved with thousands of projects, and each consultant has a chance to participate in dozens of them.
Many of our projects require consultants from different engineering and scientific backgrounds to work together. These collaborations will give you an opportunity to work alongside many of our accomplished engineers and scientists. Our experienced consultants are able to leverage the technical breadth and depth of our staff to identify and develop new projects and to organize an appropriate project team from our staff members.
Test pre-release video games and verify functionality, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility
Write accurate, detailed, and reproducible bug reports
Test internal tools
Process internal and external feedback
Create and execute test plans
Work under close supervision in a team environment
High school diploma
1-2+ years of prior QA experience working in a hands-on position
Computer skills including Windows and Microsoft Office suite
Ability and patience to perform detailed testing
Task-oriented, with the ability to stay on course
Strong problem-solving skills
Ability to communicate with a high degree of understanding, conciseness, and directness
Must work well in a team environment
Must be able to work a flexible schedule as necessary
Available to work any shift and overtime if needed
Our consultants find themselves with different roles from one project to another. Our projects involve initial inspections and the collecting of evidence, analyzing and recreating the events in our labs, and finding answers and writing reports for our clients. You will be introduced to each step in this process and will eventually master all of them.
Post a Job
Calspan’s Tire Research Facility is a world leader in the indoor measurement of Force & Moment data on tires. With Customers that include leading vehicle manufacturers, tire manufacturers and motorsport organizations, Calspan is always improving and advancing the science. We are searching for a motivated engineer to join our group. The Test Engineer will support Calspan’s Tire Research Facility by interacting with others to prepare and execute tests in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance to industry best practices.
- Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years in a testing environment; helpful
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Mechanical aptitude
- Hands-on experience in a test environment
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts draw valid conclusions and make specific recommendations
- Write accurate, consistent and well written reports
- Understanding of mechanical systems and ability to trouble shoot problems
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD Inventor
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Junior Lab Test Engineer
Assure Solutions, Inc. (ASI) is a growing wireless mobile engineering company that offers mobile device test services and solutions for the telecommunication industry. We aim to provide quality services to our client’s products and ensure the best mobile device and tablets. We are currently seeking a passionate Lab Test Engineer to join and support our dynamic team in Bellevue, WA.
Summary of Job Position: The Lab Test Engineer will be responsible for testing and troubleshooting wireless devices such as smartphones and tablets on the Android OS and Windows platform. This position will support local and international mobile development projects, while working closely with client’s labs and test engineers.
- Execute and document mobile devices and tablets carried by AT&T.
- Execute and document developed test cases for each device
- Report mobile device and tablet defects with detailed explanations in the proper databases, email correspondence, IM discussions, and meetings.
- Work with R&D teams to debug software issues
- Maintain and follow thru with reported defects to ensure the defect has been resolved
- Manage and investigate issues reported by carriers, Technical Account Managers, Quality Managers, Customer Care Managers, or other Test Engineers
- Execute and manage device stability testing, create test environments, and modify automation scripts
- Prioritize projects by referring to the client’s expectations and the team working on the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum 3 years in Mobile Device Testing
- Familiarity with AT&T 10776 and AT&T Lab Customer Requirements is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of UMTS protocol and general knowledge of UMTS network structure
- In-depth knowledge on procedure to debug and identify root causes of technical issues
- Good understanding of LTE and VOLTE systems and protocols
- Good understanding of GSM and WCDMA systems and protocols.
- Experience using test equipments such as Anritsu, Anite, Spirent, and Rohde & Schwarz
- Experience using Qualcomm debugging tools QxDM, QPST, QCAT
- Experience using Quality Center, Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, PTC, or other databases
- Programming and experience with C, C++, Python is a plus
Test Engineer Associate
Test Engineer AssociateJob Title: Test Engineer Associate
Job Category: Delivery and Quality Assurance
Job Type: Regular
Remote Work Authorized: No
Relocation Assistance: Not Available
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Clearance Level: MBI
Employee Status: Regular
Our client recently won a program to support the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Technology, Integration and Acquisition (OTIA). We deliver trusted expert advice to the Government as they buy complicated modern technology to keep the nation safe. We provide subject matter experts in the areas of systems engineering, test and evaluation, cost estimating, logistics and sustainment, environmental engineering, real estate planning, and facilities planning and engineering. Their team helps CBP OTIA procure the equipment and technology to keep the border safe and secure.
Our client is seeking a Jr. Test Engineer in Crystal City to develop and administer acceptance test plans for critical new equipment. Their team is helping Customs and Border Protection procure the equipment and technology needed to keep our borders safe and secure. As the Jr. Test Engineer, one week you might be hiking in the Arizona desert to test an Agent Portable Sureveillance System and see if the AI system can distinguish between a group of humans and a herd of deer. Perhaps your focus will be to develop test plans to determine the effectiveness of Ultralight Aircraft Detection Systems, in preparation for the big test next year. Regardless, you will be an essential part of our team, ensuring that highly capable equipment is purchased and delivered into the hands of our agents on the border. Join us and watch your career take flight.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans and performs high-level engineering analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex solutions that require a thorough knowledge of higher mathematics, scientific, and technical skills.
- Designs and prepares engineering reports and related documentation, and devises charts and graphs to record results.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings.
- Participates and assists with testing, troubleshooting and analysis tasks on various phase(s) of network systems development including integration, systems testing, interoperability testing, field test plans and customer acceptance plans to maintain the credibility/viability of the system, as directed by team lead and/or management.
- Provides support on the initial configuration and parameters of equipment for system credibility. Assists in the investigation and resolution of matters of significance in conjunction with other engineering and technical support to ensure cost effective and efficient resolution of problems.
- Assists with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining test processes and diagnostic programs for assigned projects. Works closely with team lead towards the completion of specifications and procedures for new products.
- Participates in writing test plans for assigned projects. Maintains record of test progress, documents test results, prepares reports and may present results as appropriate.
- Works with more experienced team members defining test cases, creating integration and system test scripts and configuration test questionnaires from functional requirement documentation. May be tasked with maintaining and updating defect reports following regression testing initiatives.
- May assist lead engineer/management in writing proposals to recommend process/program and follows through on implementation.
- Participates in testing, troubleshooting and analysis on the development of systems.
- Provides support in the development, implementation and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or related field preferred
- Zero or more years of network testing experience
- Experience working with computer systems and their uses
- Experience working with network management and protocol system testing
- Experience working with scripting languages such as TCL, PERL, HP, etc
- Experience working with data transmission protocols such as TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) desired
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Communication skills to interact and present findings to team members
- Attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
Security Test Engineer
Advises supervisor, the IPPS-A Senior Test Manager, of unique test requirements and complex test programs. Provides guidance to program personnel on test procedure development, test conduct and report generation. Directs and performs complex test operations to meet program requirements. This individual prepares program schedules in support of program requirements. May interact directly with the Government designated Test Manager and manages the activities of assigned test engineers in support of program goals.
- Performs and/or leads an integrated test team to perform the following activities in support of the testing function:
‐ Participates in other program working groups and IPTs to ensure testing requirements are addressed as needed
‐ Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
‐ Ensures that functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
‐ Develops and maintains the Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix that maps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to the applicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes
- Plans, prepares, manages and reports progress on the System Development Test (STD) activities and deliverables pertaining to Product Level Test (PLT) and Developer’s Integration Test (DIT)
- Updates and maintains the Testing Strategy portion of the Provisioning Plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree and -7-9 years of related experience
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Experience in developing test automation frameworks using tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Experience in testing in an agile development environment is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Government Risk Compliance (GRC) Suite, and SQL for testing desired
- Experience with Test Management and Automated Test Execution tools such as HP Quality Center and the HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Performance Center/Load Runner)
- Experience with defect tracking tools
- Experience with automated regression test scripts
- Experience in testing software for federal government
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Preferred Active Secret clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Test Engineer - VHA Financial Management
ERPi is seeking an experienced Test Engineer to provide client delivery services to Department of Veterans Affairs’ Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT) program to transition VA from its legacy core Financial Management System (FMS) to a modernized Federal Shared Service Provider’s (FSSP) financial management system solution. The FMBT program vision is to provide VA with a modern financial management solution with transformative business processes and capabilities that enable VA to meet its goals and objectives, in compliance with congressional financial management legislation and departmental directives.
ERPi is seeking a Test Engineer to support test management and coordination including User Acceptance Testing (UAT) across the FMBT program. The Test Engineer will be part of larger test team that will verify the broadest scope of functional, operational, interface and performance requirements to verify actual end user experiences. The Test Engineer must read, understand and analyze business requirements; identify test scenarios; define test plans; create test cases; run tests; and document results. The Test Engineer should be familiar with defect management system repositories and to be able to create complex test data records. This role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and client relationship building/management skills.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key process, system, and technical views of the program;
- Read, understand and analyze business requirements; identify test scenarios; define test plans; create test cases; run tests; and document results;
- Perform test management and coordination with the ability to manage multiple operations, ensuring quality standards and work performance;
- Experience in developing and maintaining test plans to organize and oversee work efforts, assigning resources, managing personnel, providing risk management and ensuring quality management;
- Ability to review and provide constructive feedback on test results, performed by the system integrator, in such test areas as unit, system, integration, regression testing.
- Mange user acceptance testing and defect management
- Experience with both functional and non-functional requirements - Good project management and systems engineering skills.
- Ability to lead interviews of key system stakeholders and translate synthesized information into well-crafted requirements statements.
- Excellence in executive-level oral and written communications (briefings, presentations, and strategic documentation)
- Coordinate external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business and communicate how people, resources and controls are contribute to successfully achieve program objectives.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and communications and represent ERPi at client progress meetings and briefings.
- Prepare progress reports and client briefings.
- Prepare quality project deliverables.
- Help to plan and execute program within client governance structure.
- Support client growth initiatives by identifying additional opportunities and scoping/responding to follow-on tasks.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 or more years’ experience in enterprise level information technology testing.
- Large Federal Business System planning, experience on VA programs and systems preferred.
- 3 or more years of experience performing on Federal government consulting projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Experience on large transformation, system integration, and/or architecture contracts.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define, collect, and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make logical decisions.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven experience developing detailed project plans, project budgets, resource plans, and risk management plans.
- COTS Business Systems experience.
- Relevant testing certifications (e.g. Certified System Tester (CSTE), Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA))
- Customer Relationship Management system experience.
- VA information technology experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results-driven environment.
- Ability to build and manage internal and external relationships at all levels within an organization while possessing diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to work effectively with diverse individuals across functional disciplines.
- Ability to think strategically to effectively assess clients’ situation and assemble service solutions to meet clients’ needs.
ERPi, a service-disabled veteran owned small business specializing in management consulting for the federal government (www.erpi.net). ERPi is undergoing a period of significant growth and offers talented candidates a chance to perform project management, strategic planning, process improvement, quality management, data analysis, and human capital planning on some of the Federal government’s largest and most complex business challenges. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and is staffed with some of the brightest and most capable technical and management consultants in the industry. ERPi is committed to creating an environment for professional growth and success for our talented professionals, as evidenced by our strong retention rate and average tenure. ERPi’s compensation and benefits plan is designed to attract and retain the industry’s most capable professionals and executives. We offer tuition reimbursement for selected graduate schools, 401(k) profit sharing, spot awards to recognize exceptional performance immediately, industry-leading health plans, and charitable donation matching, in addition to competitive base salaries.
Post a Job
Sr Software Test Engineer (Sdet) - Java/ Selenium
SkyTouch Technology is an early innovator of cloud-based, mobile-enabled property management system (PMS) solutions for the hospitality industry. Over the last 10+ years, our PMS software, SkyTouch Hotel OS®, has been successfully implemented in over 6,000 properties worldwide. With our proven track record, we have both disrupted the industry and changed the face of hotel operations management, becoming the premiere cloud-based PMS solution for value, scalability, and mobility through industry-leading onboarding, training, and service. As a company that relies heavily on continuing innovation, we always need the help of highly-qualified and motivated individuals who want to help move us to the next level.
The Sr Test Engineer (SDET) will be accountable for the overall integrity of the automation framework and the test cases within that framework. They will be responsible for creating best practices, communicating best practices, and ensuring those best practices are being followed by the development teams.
- Train and Assist all development teams and QA Coaches with the automated test framework and ensure adherence to the defined standards.
- Update tests and the framework itself to new standards where applicable
- Review the automation framework standards and Java best practices inside tests
- Approve Pull Requests for automated tests
- Design, implement and execute automated tests
- Debug and fix existing automated scripts
- Check out, update, commit to and push code
- Configures regression framework to run against different instances
- Executes and maintains manual test scripts as needed
- Uses bug tracking and report generating tools
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years software testing experience in a software design and/or testing environment
- Strong experience with automation testing
- Strong experience leading projects
- Ability to create a new framework a plus
- Extensive experience with Selenium automated tests tool and the ability to create and run automated scripts
- knowledge with the soapUI test tool and Service Oriented Architecture
- strong experience with the software development life cycle, specifically with the agile scrum test methodology
- demonstrated experience with personal computer hardware configuration
- demonstrated experience with personal computer operating systems such as UNIX and Windows
- advanced understanding of database structure concepts
- experience with standard reservations or hotel operating procedures a plus
- prior experience with a Choice Hotels software package a plus
- intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
- good written and oral communications skills
- strong organizational skills
- inquisitive and analytical
- unwavering attention to detail
- Selenium (not IDE or RC) required
- Java coding experience required
- Selenium Grid desired
- SauceLabs desired
- Applitools (visual based testing) a plus
- Atlassian Products a plus
- QA Symphony a plus
- ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- ability and initiative to work independently
- must be able to uphold SkyTouch’s Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect
- willingness and ability to work long or late hours, based on business needs
- other related duties as assigned
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htmand http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf
Post a Job
Electonic Warfare Test Engineer
General Engineering: Applies engineering principles to research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate systems.
Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. This position applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, design, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
Education: A bachelor's or postgraduate degree in an engineering or physics discipline from a school where the specified curriculum was accredited by the ABET.
a. A total of at least 5 years of professional engineering experience that has consisted of performing the foregoing engineering functions, and
b. At least 3 years of the foregoing total experience shall have consisted of performing engineering functions with respect to support, research or development of mechanical, electrical, or aerospace systems.
Specific position description and experience preferences:
- A mid-to-senior level test engineer position, requires ability to lead test projects.
- Experience as an EA-6B Prowler or EA-18G Growler Electronic Counter-Measures Officer (ECMO) highly regarded.
- Experience in Electronic Warfare systems design, test and/or operations preferred.
- Experience with the ALQ-218 preferred.
- Experience with phased array radar very helpful.
- Experience with Wireshark very helpful.
- Familiarity with analytic and design software to include MATLAB, C++, Java preferred.
Must be able to gain a TS Clearance.
Post a Job
Sr. Test Engineer
Graham Technologies has an opening for an Sr.Test Engineer or our client in Quantico, VA. We are looking for a Sr. Test Engineer to work with a a verification and validation (V&V) team of software testers.
- Working with the CODIS Software Development Team for system functionality, logic, and clarification.
- Conduct Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- The position will be responsible for learning and testing a complex, multi-tiered, software application.
- Attempt to reproduce defects reported by end users
- Work experience beyond basic test procedure/script execution is essential; ability to implement likely end-user interactions and system testing examinations/experimentation based upon program functionality and expected functionality.
- Conduct peer review of software test scripts
- Develop innovative processes, procedures, and techniques to challenge the functionality of the software.
- Ensure that the developed software is fully functional and ready for end-user interface and operations
- Serve as the task lead to liaison with the COR and the Tester PM
- Works with Development Team to understand requirements and report possible conflicts and resolutions.
- Identifies system anomalies and diagnoses possible causes.
- Review and provide feedback on contract (operations, maintenance, and development) document deliverables.
To land this position you must have an active TopSecret Clearance with working knowledge of the below skills:
- Seven (7) years of experience as a software test engineer on complex multi-tiered software such as CODIS to include the following
- Bachelors degree in IT
- Creation of formal software test procedures/scripts
- Development of test data to be used in formal software test procedures/scripts
- Work experience on a project designated as Agile
- Manual execution of formal software test scripts
- Documentation of testing results
- Identification and reporting of software bugs
- Government Acceptance Testing (GAT)
- Work experience using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Work experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Work experience using Microsoft Access.
- Work experience with VMware or similar software application.
- Experience with systems engineering as it relates to set up and maintenance of testing environment
- Must display ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; specifically, be able to convey complex coding and system interface challenges in plain English and in a way that a non-testing expert can understand.
- Demonstrate ability to be a problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player with all CODIS staff and current and future CODIS contactors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop test plans and procedures and develop innovative ways to test software and end-user interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience supporting testing scenarios of system functionality.
- 25% travel a year
- Software tester automated testing
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Post a Job
Hardware Test Engineer
We are looking for a Hardware Test Engineer who is highly skilled in audio testing.
The following skills are required:
- Strong Electrical Engineer fundamentals.
- Experience in Firmware Testing and tools such as USB, I2C, and Wi-Fi.
- Knowledge of Visual Basics, C, C++.
- Some experience with designing or testing high consumer products.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.