Agricultural Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Agricultural Engineer
Who we are:Cascade Earth Sciences (CES) is a subsidiary of Valley Irrigation, the world’s largest manufacturer of mechanized irrigation systems. CES has provided water, environmental and agricultural consulting, design and turnkey solutions to our customers since 1976. Our customers primarily consist of larger agricultural producers, food and beverage processors, federal agencies, municipalities, mine operators, timber and wood processors, manufacturers, and private land owners.
What we’re looking for: An Agricultural Engineer to work out of the Valmont Northwest office in Pasco, WA. The Ag Engineer is responsible for all aspects of engineering and project management related to the ag services business operations of Cascade Earth Sciences (CES). You will be responsible for planning, designing and marketing ag services to growers in the areas of irrigation layout, pump & pipe systems, irrigation scheduling and water budgeting, in-field water management strategies, in-field soil moisture monitoring, and variable rate irrigation scheduling design, prescriptions and adjustments.
What we offer: When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. Our products and services make a difference. We offer competitive pay, excellent comprehensive benefits, paid holidays and vacation, and the opportunity to learn and develop professionally. We have top notch technology, equipment and facilities to provide our employees with a great working environment.
This position may be for you if:
- You have a strong mechanical background either in an engineering role or equipment design role
- Have a background in farming or agriculture with a strong leadership presence and an engineering degree
- You are a leader who is looking for a long-term career with a large Ag company with plenty of opportunity for growth
- Design water supply systems (e.g., pumps, pipes, etc.) for irrigation systems
- Conduct field inspections for soil moisture content and verify water distribution effectiveness
- In conjunction with CES Principals and the technical group, develop a methodology to implement grower soil moisture programs
- Serve as a member of the companywide engineering team supporting CES’ water quality/reuse efforts for existing ag customers and national accounts and provide practical water solutions
- Service existing accounts to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Assist with the expansion of ag services by developing new business and establishing customers
- Manage annual subscriptions for irrigation scheduling, soil moisture, and other in-field services
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Agriculture, Industrial or Mechanical Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relatable experience
- Background in farming, operating pivot irrigation, water pumps, or other ag irrigation
- Pivot irrigation, pipe and pump system design experience (preferred)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (preferred)
- Ability to perform field activities (e.g., stoop, lift up to 40 pounds from floor to waist high, walk, etc.)
For more jobs in Agriculture visit www.aghires.com Post a Job
Maurer-Stutz is seeking a licensed/registered professional engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of professional design experience to continue growth of our existing agricultural services team. Maurer-Stutz currently maintains offices in Illinois and Indiana. The position entails consulting with farmers and agribusinesses with a particular emphasis on working with livestock and poultry producers.
The ideal applicant is licensed (or registered) as a professional engineer. Experience in livestock production is a plus. Primary activities include design of livestock waste systems, site/grading design, storm water and erosion control design, assistance with permitting, development of comprehensive nutrient management plans (CNMP’s) including conceptual planning for addressing resource concerns at existing facilities in addition to managing projects or assisting project managers.
Technical Support Engineer – Egg And Agricultural Packaging
Technical Support Engineer – Egg and Agricultural Packaging
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Serve as the technical expert for all egg packaging (RPET, Fiber, Foam) including but not limited to extrusion, thermoforming, including oven, labeling, stacking, denesting, molds & mold design, etc.
- Works closely with customers and suppliers (materials and Original Equipment Manufacturer) to understand, meet and improve their operational needs.
- Provides support to the sales organization in introducing our products to new customers or the introduction of new products to existing customers
- Ensures quality standards are maintained and investigates opportunities for improvement
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs, improve product quality, and consistency and implements corrective actions
- Perform programming, monitoring and maintenance of molds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of applicable experience
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience in technical customer support for customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in supporting logistics, operations and/or manufacturing environments
- Willingness to travel up to 70% - US, Canada, Mexico – must have valid passport
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Agricultural Mechanic / Construction Mechanic Technician
Great salary and benefits.
Repair, recondition, service, and assemble equipment for the company and its customers. Perform all work as quickly, efficiently, accurately, and completely as possible to ensure customer satisfaction and company profitability.
SERVICE / REPAIR WORK
Repair, service, recondition, and assemble equipment as assigned by the Service Manager.
Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
Adhere to all safety rules, procedures, and practices of the company.
Suggest any additional repairs needed to the Service Manager and/or customer.
Perform equipment inspections.
Responsible for acquiring and maintaining an adequate and complete set of hand tools necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Utilize all available resources to provide the highest level of customer service possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Eight to Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate agricultural/industrial equipment. Ability to use reference books, materials. Ability to operate forklift equipment. General mechanical aptitude and ability is necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
461 Breaden Dr.
Monroe, OH 45050
The major thrust of Zimmer Tractor's business is split 50% Commercial, Industrial and Turf related equipment while 50% still remains in agriculture specializing in hay harvesting equipment. Today Zimmer is the largest tractor dealership in the Cincinnati-Tri-State area, specializing in Kubota & New Holland tractors, agriculture, estate, commercial and light construction equipment. If you measure your property in acres then we have the tractors and equipment to meet your needs. With four locations and over 25,000 customers in our data base, you'll find Zimmer to have a proven track record of customer satisfaction.
General Branch Manager- Agricultural Supplies + Services
General Branch Manager- Agricultural Supplies + Services
Direct Hire: $80,000 - $100,000 + bonus
This opportunity will allow the General Branch Manager- Agricultural Supplies + Services, to take ownership and drive operation, sales and service for their own unique store location. As a new venture within an 85 year old organization, this position will challenge you to be adaptive and creative in developing new practices needed for the store location while remaining loyal to the decades old company brand and expectations of high customer satisfaction.
The core areas of focus for this role will be:
Profit Management: set and achieve targeted Sales, Gross Margin, Net Profit and Market share Goals
Customer Satisfaction: Build and maintain positive customer heathenships to strengthen loyalty and reputation
Employee Engagement: Build and maintain a positive employee/ employer relationship to strengthen employee loyalty
Inventory Management: set and achieve targeted Parts and Service inventories for assigned store
What we are looking for:
A 4-year degree in a related field of study preferred, not required
10+ years of experience in a similar role
Candidates should possess high problem solving abilities, teamwork and collaboration mindset with outstanding customer service backgrounds
Basic understanding of accounting and business finance is required
Background in marketing for a defined customer base
Experience following a sales process
Basic knowledge of Agricultural equipment and technology, farming practices, Agronomy and/ or crop production highly preferred
Who you'll work for:
This local family owned business has had its doors open for over 85 years. With service to over 16 counties, this company prides itself on commitment to customer service and wide range of offerings. The offer heavy equipment solutions to even the most challenging jobs across: Earthmoving, Agriculture, Power System and Material Handlin
What we can offer you:
In addition to highly competitive salaries with annualized bonus, these roles come with a full scope benefits package including:
medical/ vision/ dental
PTO and paid holidays
And much more!
About Strategic IT Staffing
With over 20 years of staffing experience in the technical information field, Strategic IT Staffing knows the industry well from the most rewarding jobs available to the hottest career choices to make. In addition, we are owned and operated by industry experts who have worked in the information arena for over two decades. When you choose to work through Strategic IT Staffing, you choose a team approach to employment. We match your career choice and skills with an employer who needs your knowledge and expertise. We make sure you are in control of your career. Strategic IT Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Post a Job
MTI Research & Development is seeking a Scientist to join our agricultural new product development group. Candidate’s knowledge of colloidal suspensions, formulations, surfactants, and polymers is highly beneficial. In addition to quickly gain expertise on MTI’s wide variety of montmorillonite clays, leonardites, organic additives, and surfactant and polymer systems, the ideal candidate will:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop agricultural formulations consisting of stable suspension concentrates using minerals with trace nutrients and other functional ingredients.
2. Interface with business unit leader, process engineer, product manager and other functions as needed to take laboratory prototypes into scale-up and commercialization.
3. Conduct proof-of-concept experimentation to determine technical feasibility of new-product ideas.
4. Develop and evaluate new formulations, chemistries and delivery systems based on fulvic and humic acids that can increase crop yields.
5. Design and validate laboratory methodologies to assess stability and other required performance attributes in prototypes produced.
6. Direct research associates in laboratory activities.
7. Communicate progress of the projects in a clear and timely-matter.
A customer project driven agricultural formulation chemist knowledgeable in the development of suspension concentrates using dispersants and surfactants to create particle suspensions containing leonardite (humic acid), and co-formulas including fertilizers, pesticides, and insecticides. The candidate will have experience in developing long shelf life, stable suspension concentrates as well as incorporating our customer’s formulations into our new product development. Candidate’s knowledge of suspension concentrates, colloidal suspensions, formulations, surfactants, and polymers is highly beneficial. Previous experience from relevant industries, which include fertilizers, paints and inks, is a benefit.
Physical Abilities: Working in laboratory environment. Occasional climbing, bending, kneeling and walking in an industrial plant setting. Must be able to gather, organize and analyze data, draw conclusions, and handle a moderate level of stress. Must wear safety equipment as required. Able to lift a minimum of 25 kg without difficulty
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Specialty Minerals, Performance Materials and Construction Technologies segments produce and sell products and technologies based primarily upon the mineral products calcium carbonate, bentonite, talc, chromite and leonardite. These segments are used principally in the paper, metalcasting, building materials, paints and coatings, consumer products, ceramic, polymer, and food and pharmaceutical industries.
The Refractories and Energy Services segments both produce and market patented technologies, products and services. The Refractories segment produces monolithic refractory materials and specialty products, services and application equipment used primarily by the steel, non-ferrous metal and glass industries. Energy Services provides a range of products and services for all phases of oil and gas production around the world. The Company emphasizes research and development. By developing and introducing technologically advanced new products, the Company has been able to anticipate and satisfy changing customer requirements and to create market opportunities through new product development and product application innovations.
Agricultural Pest Control Advisor
Agricultural Pest Control Advisor
Assessing and documentation of insects, diseases & weeds
Full-time with benefits
Salary based on experience
Valid California PCA license required
Fax resume to
AG Agricultural Service Department Technician Mechanic
AG Service Technician Plymouth IN
Bane-Welker is currently seeking an entry level Service Technician to join their Plymouth IN Service Department. WILL TRAIN!! In this role the candidate's primary responsibilities will be to independently perform basic and complex diagnostic, service repair and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned agricultural equipment. This position will report to the Service Manager and training will be provided.
• A customer centric and “be of service” attitude.
• Basic mechanical knowledge
• Valid driver’s license.
• Bane-Welker offers a competitive salary
• Employer Health benefits
• 401(K) with employer matching
• Plus a great work environment
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a maintenance shop and outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination.
BANE-WELKER EQUIPMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are comprised of farmers, family and people who know farming like the backs of their hands. We grew up in farming communities and truly understand the important role farmers play across the globe. Farming as an industry has seen tremendous growth and change and implement dealers have had to adapt to meet the needs of customers. Some dealers have gone by the wayside. Bane-Welker has adapted to meet the needs of its customers and has continued to grow as a successful company for whom we can all be proud to work for.
Bane-Welker Equipment is proud to employ knowledgeable, friendly and experienced people who share our vision of success and who bring true value to customers by providing the best possible products and service available. We care about our customers and our employees as if they were our own family. Together, we proudly serve the agricultural communities across Indiana, Ohio and beyond. Stop in and see us today!
Our Mission Statement:
We are committed to serving our customers with quality products and superior service; today, tomorrow and into the future. We hereby pledge to go beyond what is normally expected of us, so that this mission is not merely a statement but a way of life.
Agricultural Sales Agronomist
Agricultural Sales Agronomist Position Medicine Creek Ag an independent Ag Retail Company located in Curtis NE providing services to farmers including fertilizer and crop protection products is seeking a Sales Agronomist. If you are looking for an Agronomy Sales position where you will have direct impact and your contributions will add value to customers and the success of the business than this position is for you.
You will be accountable for sales and services (i.e soil sampling and data analysis) to growers in southwest Nebraska. Please submit a cover letter and resume to http://www.medicinecreekag.com and call 308-367- 4311. A job description is available on request.NP Telepgraph.
Keywords: Agricultural Sales Representative, Location: North Platte, NE - 69101
Post a Job
Precision Agriculture Agronomist
Who We Are
Our mission is to invent the future of farming. We're transforming the oldest and most important industry in the world from "gut instinct" to data science. Our platform already exposes critical operational data insights to 1 out of every 3 farms in the U.S. and our users absolutely love us.Who You Are
You are comfortable with ambiguity and if you don't already know the answer to something, you can go find it and figure it out. You are knowledgeable in precision ag data files and equipment. You know farming and want to be part of bringing actual benefit from digital technologies. A fun day for you is finding data examples, talking with farmers, sorting out data file issues and doing your part to support the success of the Science team.About the Role
This role will work with precision ag data to help interface between the data scientists and growers/consultants. You will regularly handle various formats of ag data, including satellite imagery, yield data and as-applied data and be responsible for pulling out the useful information for the Science team. This includes finding examples of imagery to help train for anomalies and by doing so, helping your team be more efficient and more effective.Tasks You'll Be Juggling
- Handling yield files, as-applied, imagery and other spatial yield files from growers and agronomists.
- Interpreting aerial imagery for ag fields.
- Working with data scientists to analyze and interpret data analysis
- Developing strategies of getting data sets for research purposes
- Degree in agronomy or ag related field
- Familiarity with basic type of ag equipment and ag practices
- Experience talking with growers
- Experience interfacing with grower owned precision ag technologies
- Basic knowledge of GIS for ag applications
- Prior experience interpreting aerial/satellite imagery of ag fields
Nice to Have
- Coding experience
- Experience in statistical analysis of spatial data sets
- Experience running ag field equipment for grain crops
- Experience presenting to grower audiences
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, height, weight, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other legally protected characteristics.Post a Job