Agricultural Engineering Technician Job Description Sample
Agricultural Service Technician
AGRICULTURAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN - LEVEL 1
Service Technician - Level 1
Service Manager or Service Department Foreman
A Level 1 technician will receive work direction from the Service Manager or Shop Foreman. Work will be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Must be able to test for proper operation, using basic test equipment and procedures. Must be able to perform most component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following Technical Manual procedures. Must be able to safely operate all machines. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
Develop skills in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines.
Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager or Shop Foreman.
Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments.
Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manger, for proper and safe operation by the customer.
Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager.
Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion.
Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use.
Always conduct self so as to present a professional image of the dealership.
- Graduation from John Deere Tech program preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups.
- Ability to use personal computer and various types of diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Have a basic set of tools
Agricultural Service Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets and achieves targeted productivity levels by focusing on jobs that are revenue generating and doing repairs right the first time.
- Monitors and meets Technician Efficiency goals for progress towards yearly, monthly, weekly and daily goals.
- Completes all comeback or rework labor on any work order the technician originally performed based on agreement with service manager in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains positive customer relationships to strengthen customer loyalty and dealer reputation.
- Completes Accurate Service Reports and parts credits and Signs Off work order within a targeted time frame from Last Date of Labor.
- Completes accurate Time Entry daily.
- Maintains a targeted and Professional Cleanliness level of shop and assigned Vehicles. Operates equipment and vehicles in a Professional Manner.
- Continually improves product knowledge and other skills in order to respond to customers’ needs more effectively.
- Works safely and efficiently with zero injuries and 100% compliance with PPE.
- Monitors and meets 100% completion of Targeted Training for Technical and Safety Training both On-Line and Instructor Led.
- Monitors and meets accurate charge out of parts and supplies inventoried in the Service Department and on Field Service Trucks.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.ExperienceRequired
- 5 - 10 years: Job related experience.
- Baler and swather experience is a plus.
- High School or better
- Class C Driver License
- Write Simple Instructions
- Read Simple Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide
- Abiity to communicate effectively
Experienced Agricultural Diesel Service Department Technician Mechanic
AG Service Technician Plymouth, IN
Bane-Welker is currently seeking an experienced Service Technician to join our Plymouth, IN Service Department. In this role the candidate's primary responsibilities will be to independently perform basic and complex diagnostic, service repair and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned agricultural equipment. This position will report to the Service Manager.
• A customer centric and “be of service” attitude.
• Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of agricultural equipment.
• Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
• Mechanical ability and familiarization with testing equipment and diagnostic procedures.
• Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Bane-Welker offers a competitive salary
• Employer Health benefits
• 401(K) with employer matching
• Plus a great work environment
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a maintenance shop and outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination.
BANE-WELKER EQUIPMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are comprised of farmers, family and people who know farming like the backs of their hands. We grew up in farming communities and truly understand the important role farmers play across the globe. Farming as an industry has seen tremendous growth and change and implement dealers have had to adapt to meet the needs of customers. Some dealers have gone by the wayside. Bane-Welker has adapted to meet the needs of its customers and has continued to grow as a successful company for whom we can all be proud to work for.
Bane-Welker Equipment is proud to employ knowledgeable, friendly and experienced people who share our vision of success and who bring true value to customers by providing the best possible products and service available. We care about our customers and our employees as if they were our own family. Together, we proudly serve the agricultural communities across Indiana, Ohio and beyond. Stop in and see us today!
Our Mission Statement:
We are committed to serving our customers with quality products and superior service; today, tomorrow and into the future. We hereby pledge to go beyond what is normally expected of us, so that this mission is not merely a statement but a way of life.
Agricultural Technician 1
Department: OARDC Feed Mill Summary of Duties:
Provide research support to faculty, technicians and graduate students in preparing livestock research feeds; prepare feed premixes by weighing and mixing ingredients according to experimental protocols; follow Good Labor Practices procedures and keep detailed records for withdrawal of feed ingredients according to US Food and Drug Administration guidelines; assist in quantifying experimental diets; operate grain drying equipment and take grain samples of feed for laboratory analysis, operates computer controlled batching and processing system to move, mix and process feed batches, operates pellet processing mill, grinders, mixers to ensure feeds are prepared according to quality standards; feed bagging equipment; assist with unloading feed ingredients as they arrive at feed mill, and in loading completed feeds assigned to livestock locations; clean, maintain and repair feed mill conveying, mixing and processing equipment; prepare inventory and other reports for manager; follows safety program for feed mill operations; works adjusted schedule according to feed production schedule. Additional Information for Applicants:: Position located in Wooster, Ohio.
7th grade plus; three courses in agriculture (or three months of experience), 300 hours of training in operation of agricultural equipment (or three months of experience); driver’s license.
Ability to calculate proportions of ingredients in feed rations; ability to lift 100 pounds, bend and kneel to clean feed equipment on a routine basis; ability to work on high structures to service and repair grain legs; familiar with desk top computer operation, email, web browser. Target Salary: $10.55 - $13.22 Hourly Job Category:
Civil Service Job Appointment (FTE%): 100.0 The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status.
Agricultural Lease Technician - Fort Campbell, KY
Posting Detail Information Working Title Agricultural Lease Technician - Fort Campbell, KY Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201700953AP Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work Hours/Week 40 Proposed Annual Salary Range $39,000-$45,000 Desired Start Date 01/02/2018 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 12/03/2017 Description of Work Unit CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DoD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations. To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/. Position Summary One Agricultural Lease Technician position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands. This position is located at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position. The Agricultural Lease Technician will assist with a yearly inventory of agricultural fields and open lands to determine soil condition, identify soil erosion, identify nonnative invasive species presence, and document and electronically map areas where issues occur. Other duties include: Report daily work and prepare detailed reports for installation personnel of information gathered in the field. Import data into installation database. Assist with remediation of open lands to include operating equipment in support of INRMP objectives and goals. Assist with access and maintenance of open lands in support of natural resources programs objectives and goals. Coordinate daily work activities with installation staff. Required Job Qualifications The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent and a minimum 1-year practical experience in agriculture.
Must have knowledge of local soils, knowledge of local species, knowledge of local agricultural practices and procedures.
Knowledge of erosion control practices to abate issues found in open lands is necessary.
Personnel should have a working knowledge of agricultural equipment and be able to operate basic equipment, at a minimum, at an entry level with limited oversight.
Must be able to work outdoors in rugged terrain and all weather conditions.
Must be able to operate a government vehicle and obtain/maintain a state-issued driver’s license. Preferred Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Experience with ESRI Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software applications.
Proficiency with Global Positioning System (GPS) data collection.
Knowledge of local agricultural practices.
Experience with farm equipment.
Knowledge/experience with erosion control.
Experience with MS Office products. Diversity Statement Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Essential Duties Job Duty Category Agricultural Inventory Management Duty/Responsibility The Agricultural Lease Technician will conduct yearly inventory of agricultural fields and open lands to determine soil condition, identify soil erosion, identify nonnative/invasive species presence, and document and electronically map areas where issues occur. Position will make determination of compliance with terms and conditions of agricultural leases. The technician will coordinate daily work activities with installation staff. Percentage Of Time 40% Job Duty Category Report Preparation Duty/Responsibility Technician will develop assessment reports and quarterly reports of information gathered in the field. Percentage Of Time 15% Job Duty Category Data Management Duty/Responsibility Technician will gather geographic and other information. This information will be cleaned and entered into the installation’s database as well as a GIS. Percentage Of Time 15% Job Duty Category Open Land Maintenance Duty/Responsibility Technician will oversee remediation of open lands, including operating equipment, in support of the goals of the Integrated Natural Resources Management Plan objectives. Will assist with access and maintenance of open lands. Percentage Of Time 30% Application Details Special Instructions to Applicants For full consideration, please apply by 12/03/2017, 11:59 pm (MT). Application materials consist of:
Three professional references References will not be contacted without prior notification of applicants. Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver’s License Search Contact Mindy.Clarke@colostate.edu EEO Statement Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services. The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407. The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836. Background Check Policy Statement Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so. References Requested References Requested Minimum Requested 3 Maximum Requested 3 Supplemental Questions Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). + * Will you be eligible to work in the United States by the proposed start date? (estimated January 2018). CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
No + * Do you have a H.S. Diploma, GED or equivalent and a minimum 1 year practical experience in agriculture?
No + * Do you have knowledge of local soils, knowledge of local species, knowledge of local agricultural practices and procedures?
No + * Do you have knowledge of erosion control practices to abate issues found in open lands?
No + * Do you have working knowledge of agricultural equipment and able to operate basic equipment, at a minimum, at an entry level with limited oversight?
No + * Are you able to work outdoors in rugged terrain and all weather conditions?
No + * Are you able to operate a government vehicle and obtain/maintain a state-issued driver’s license?
No Applicant Documents Required Documents
Resume Optional Documents
Manufacturing Technician - Engineering Technician - Optics Technician
We have several DIRECT HIRE and Temp to Hire opportunities available for Engineering Technician- Manufacturing Technician- Test Technician and Electronic Technician to work for high tech manufacturing companies in the Greater Rochester area.
Engineering Technician or Manufacturing Technician
We are recruiting for several Engineering Technician (s) and Manufacturing Technician (s) for temp to hire and DIRECT Hire opportunities.
This is a fortune 500 company offering excellent career path for Engineering Technician (s) or entry level Engineer (s) just entering the work force. Engineering Technician (s) and Manufacturing Technician (s) will support a high level manufacturing company with a very sophisticated and high tech product line.
Engineering Technician or Manufacturing Technician will develop and manufacture assembly and optical products used in various industries and applications.
Ideally any Technician who has a 2 year Mechanical, Electronic, Sciences or Biology degree is ideal, or someone who is currently attending school would be acceptable with manufacturing experience.
Engineering Technician or Manufacturing Technician should have previous experience in manufacturing to include development, instrumentation, laboratories, or any other analytical applications. Engineering Technician or Excellent math skills are required, and good troubleshooting, problem solving abilities and understanding of Standard Operating Procedures is required.
Must have great accuracy and attention to detail and ability to make good technical decisions. Must have good computer skills (MS Office and Excel) and ability to analyze data and read and create reports, must have good vision to determine product defects and work with high tech instrumentation and measurement devises.
To be considered for Engineering Technician or Manufacturing Technician must have a minimum of a 2-year technical degree, or 3 to 6 years’ experience as a technician in optics or relevant manufacturing experience. Any experience with optical measurement devices and equipment such as spectrophotometers, interferometers, and microscopes is desired.
Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a good understanding of computer hardware with statistical process control, 5-S, and lean manufacturing methodologies is preferred. Any experience working in an ISO environment is a plus.
Any previous optics or handling of technical products is ideal. Both A and B shifts positions are available.
Excellent pay and benefits offered. If you are interested in this exciting high tech career offering much opportunity for growth in to engineering, please submit your confidential resume today.
Engineering Technician- Optics
We are recruiting for an Engineering Technician for a very busy company with a highly sophisticated product line.
We have both A and B shift technician opportunities available for new grads with an Associate’s degree or 3 to 5 years’ experience in optics manufacturing.
Responsibilities for Engineering Technician will be performing analysis, testing, inspection, data reporting and performance review on highly sophisticated complex products.
Engineering technician will have excellent documentation skills, report writing, with strong math and computer skills.
Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
Be proficient with MS office applications, particularly Excel.
If you have any experience with optics, and use of optical measurement systems, and lean manufacturing skills a plus.
Excellent pay and benefits offered .
If you would like to be considered for this outstanding opportunity, please submit your confidential resume today.
We are in search of Electronics Test Technician to work for a very busy high tech manufacturing company in Rochester. This is a great opportunity at a solid company on a fast track with major growth in Global Markets.
Engineering Technician or Electronics Test Technician is a great temp to hire position, (and may hire direct for the right candidate), offering excellent pay and benefits.
To be considered, Engineering Technician - Electronics Test Technician must have solid expertise in testing, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair, both analog and digital to component level.
Engineering Technician- Electronics Test Technician responsibilities will include testing, inspection and repair of printed circuit boards and assemblies and sub-assemblies to component level.
Must have a minimum of 2 to 3 years working as an Engineering Technician - Electronics TestTechnician with good visual inspection, testing per specifications, analog and digital to component level and knowledge for standards required.
An Associates Degree is highly desired and will accept equivalent military training or Four or more years’ experience.
Engineering Technician must also demonstrate the following abilities:
Must have the ability to analyze and effectively troubleshoot both analog and digital circuits and Troubleshoot to component level.
Familiarity with and the ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
Ability to read and interpret schematics and written test procedures.
Good mechanical and electrical aptitude to enable quick problem resolution.
Good interpersonal skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
A familiarity with and/or a working knowledge of PC’s (is desirable).
Must be self-motivated and have firm commitment to quality.
An Associate’s degree in Electronics or military training is preferred and will accept experience in lieu of degree.
Must have solid expertise in testing, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair to component level.
Must have good documentation, report writing, and ability to interface with engineering and all levels of management.
Excellent blue print and schematic reading abilities.
Experience to work with all electronics and testing equipment.
Hours are Monday thru Friday 8 to 5.
For immediate consideration please submit your confidential resume today.
Client will interview and start right away.
Optics Engineering Technician – CNC Operator or Engineering Technician we have several positions DIRECT HIRE
We are in search of a manufacturing candidate as an Optics Technician or an Engineering Technician from the optics field or precision machining industry to work for one of our clients in the Rochester Area.
Supporting the Optical and equipment lab, Optics Technician or Engineering Technician will work in support of product development, running products to insure all standards and efficiencies are met.
Will work with inspection and metrology equipment in production of low volume glass and plastics optics.
If you have optics experience or are a CNC Operator or machinist and would like to transition into optics, are client is willing to train.
- Manufacturing experience is a must with ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have solid math skills, geometry, use of inspection equipment, micrometers, height gauges, calipers, and any optics metrology equipment is a plus such CMM, Profilometer, and Interferometers is a plus.
- Any previous optics polishing and grinding is a plus.
- Previous knowledge of working with solvents and chemical as it relates to manufacturing.
- Work with CNC machining utilizing CAM software,
- Ability to learn quickly with excellent communication and presentation skills to consult with clients.
- Ability to interface and communicate both verbal and written, with all high level executives, engineering and manufacturing staff.
- Ability and desire to teach and mentor others and grow in their careers.
Pay range is flexible based on experience and skill. Great benefits and solid career path offered.
We look forward to assisting you in your job search today.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status. We reasonably accommodate individuals with handicaps, disabilities and bona fide religious beliefs.
Technical Support Engineer – Egg And Agricultural Packaging
Technical Support Engineer – Egg and Agricultural Packaging
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Serve as the technical expert for all egg packaging (RPET, Fiber, Foam) including but not limited to extrusion, thermoforming, including oven, labeling, stacking, denesting, molds & mold design, etc.
- Works closely with customers and suppliers (materials and Original Equipment Manufacturer) to understand, meet and improve their operational needs.
- Provides support to the sales organization in introducing our products to new customers or the introduction of new products to existing customers
- Ensures quality standards are maintained and investigates opportunities for improvement
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs, improve product quality, and consistency and implements corrective actions
- Perform programming, monitoring and maintenance of molds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of applicable experience
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience in technical customer support for customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated experience in supporting logistics, operations and/or manufacturing environments
- Willingness to travel up to 70% - US, Canada, Mexico – must have valid passport
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Engineering Tech 2 - Metering Technician (Job #: 8246)
Job #: 8246
Title: Engineering Technician 2
Specialty: Energy Efficiency Metering Technician
Application Due Date: 11/24/2017
Additional Position Information:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or
Green Card REQUIRED
This full time contract position will provide support to the Energy Efficiency Engineering Services Group (PEJD) within the Power Services (P) business line. This position will primarily interact with engineers in the Engineering Services group but the Technician may also work directly with other staff in and outside of Energy Efficiency and with external customers (utilities, other federal agencies, etc). Work is focused on meters and loggers that are used to capture end use loads in support of documentation of energy savings projects. The position will provide support in; maintainging and operating our client owned metering equipment deployed at end-use equipment, for data collection, data analysis, and safety equipment technical support at various external residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural facilities located throughout our client’s service territory. The metering function is in support of the core Energy Efficiency (EE) technical functions including estimation of energy use and analysis of energy use patterns including; measurement and verification of energy savings, inspection of efficiency measures and project and tracking and reporting energy savings. The position duty station is Spokane, Washington.
Position Responsibilities included:
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
· Serve as a technical expert in Energy Efficiency (EE) end-use metering equipment; track and recommend new metering technologies and equipment for manager review, consideration and approval.
· Facilitate and maintain EE end-use metering equipment inventory including: performing occasional and/or periodic calibration, maintenance, warranty servicing, testing and repairs; upgrading equipment, as requested; and organizing equipment storage.
· Under the guidance of the manager / team lead, arrange for the retirement/disposal of pre-identified equipment and/or property as per our client’s policies and procedures.
· Compile and maintain EE group’s equipment inventory records and tracking of usage, maintenance, repair, etc.
· Research, review and provide technical input and recommendations to manager / team lead on equipment to meet ongoing engineering metering needs.
o Recommend metering inventory related purchases to P-Card holders;
o Create and submit Material Requisitions for review and approval by authorized representative.
NOTE: The technician shall not make purchases or obligate federal monies. All purchases must be made by authorized representatives.
· Maintain EE web-based inventory system; enter new equipment, maintain website and database, and assist users in equipment checkout.
· Ship equipment to field offices and job sites as needed; perform and validate tracking and timely return.
· Work with other internal departments to offer metering solutions, meter testing and resolve meter/software compatibility issues.
· Serve on EE safety team to facilitate our client’s safety protocols and provide training and guidance to EE staff as well as track personal safety equipment usage as necessary, with the guidance of the client Safety Office.
· Maintain the EE group’s inventory of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) consistent with established client work standards, policies and procedures.
· Collaborate and coordinate with our client's Safety Office to recommend and assist with implementation of client approved initiatives designed to improve EE’s field work safety program.
· Serve as Point of Contact and EE staff “expert” on applicable client and OSHA safety procedures and requirements for EE field work.
· Coordinate and maintain EE’s safety checklists and safety manuals. Draft recommended edits, as necessary, for manager / Safety Office review and acceptance.
· Coordinate with the Safety Office, and provided external vendors, to arrange for annual EE safety training throughout the client service territory.
· Serve as point of contact for safety procedures and requirements for EE field work.
· With manager oversight and approval:
o Support, and maintain specialized EE data acquisition systems (software and hardware) used to analyze energy data and end-use loads. Alert appropriate manager of any issues, concerns and/or to recommend changes to these systems.
o Maintain and provide technical support for EE field laptop computers including software installation, updates and maintenance as necessary and approved by IT.
o Operate, install, configure, and remove EE specialized metering equipment, in accordance with the EE Electrical Safety Policy approved by the EE VP on May 5, 2017, and any subsequent approved modifications. Note: The application of metering installations is limited to exposure to 480 VAC services and lower.
· Review and comment on proposed metering installations with established measurement and verification plan(s); recommend plan adjustments as may be needed for review and consideration by manager / personnel.
· Access and review metering data; organize and present results using spreadsheets, databases, and various specialized software tools for review by internal technical project managers (PEJD engineers), and other staff, and external stakeholders and external EE customers.
· Assist in assembling specialized or complex combinations of metering equipment for measurement and verification (M&V) plans.
*Installation/removal of metering equipment must be completed by a licensed electrician. When guiding the installation of electrical power metering equipment into electrical panels at end-user facilities, the individual will typically remain outside of the area where Arc Flash Rated Personal Protective Equipment is required unless otherwise directed.
· Current licensed electrician is required.
· Associate’s Degree in the area of engineering, mathematics, computer science or a directly-related field is desired (Associate’s degree can be substituted for 2 years required experience - see below).
· Required Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of engineering, mathematics, computer science or a related field.
- Minimum Related Experience: This is a Level 2 position: 5 - 9 years’ previous engineering technician experience is required (3 - 7 years with Associate’s degree, as specified above).
- Experience must include electrical metering instrumentation, data collection tools, building measurement and data logging equipment, computer operating systems and electrical systems.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
· Knowledge of Meter Data Management systems and meter reading software.
· A working knowledge of energy efficiency, HVAC, lighting, building control systems, pumps and motors.
· Working Knowledge of instruments and meters, elementary electricity, elementary mathematics, building HVAC and electrical distribution systems, and building controls.
· Math (fractions and decimals are necessary to calculate meter constants, register ratios, and pulse values).
· A basic understanding of inductance, capacitance, power factor, and vector analysis.
· Knowledge of AC and DC circuits with particular reference to Ohm’s Law and Kirchhoff’s Law.
· A basic understanding of electronic components and circuits.
· Personal computers and how the communicate with and program electronic meters.
· A general knowledge of the current-carrying capacity of wire, the relationship between electricity and heat, and the causes and effects of voltage drops.
· The principles of indicating instruments.
· The principles of watthour meters, the effects of the various adjustments, and a good understanding of how to test and calibrate watthour meters.
· Single and polyphase circuits and how to meter them.
· Principles of power, current, and voltage transformers and how to interconnect them.
· Electrical circuit protection including, fuses, breakers, trip/resets.
· The correct methods of bonding, grounding, and shielding for safety as well as the protection of electronic equipment.
· Basic knowledge of AMI and AMR systems, their components and associated communication technology.
· Basic knowledge of the equipment used to test meters, the application of fuses or circuit breakers and basic telecommunication priciples and practices.
· Must be able to perfrom work in partnership with one or more similar metering technicians, working collectively
· Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, detail oriented, able to prioritize work, and independently problem solve technical issues.
· Must be able to deliver high-quality products and services in support of organization goals by making effective and efficient use of resources.
· Strong customer service ethic is required, both for internal and external customers.
· Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
· Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
· The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
· This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
· RSA token will only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract Worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times. If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the client network environment. No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
· Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client). Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
· Travel may be required, up to 20% which includes 5 contiguous business day in a week for local and overnight travel to field locations
· Up to 10% Overtime may be required
· Valid Driver’s License is required
· First Aid/AED/CPR Certification required within 30 days of assignment start. The worker/employer is responsible for maintaining current certification.
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for all field travel, within 30 days of assignment start:
o ASTM F2413-11, Class 75EH rated footwear with over the ankle lace up and rigid sole and heel
o White Hard Hat
o Eye protection
o Hearing protection
o Dust Mask
o Hand protection (work gloves) as needed
The following PPE is required within 90 days of assignment start:
o Electrical and Arc Flash protective clothing and PPE as required by OSHA and consistent with client Safety and health policy for electric work inside and around client substation facilities (Occasional user – up to 8-10 days per month).
o Other appropriate/required PPE, as required by State or Federal OSHA for the work to be performed.
Required Client-Provided Training:
· Arc Flash PPE Training (8 hrs)
· Sunflower (client’s Inventory system)
· Asset Suite system, contract requisition and material request
· Ladder climbing
· Fall protection
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet.
We provide a diverse set of information technology resources including: project managers, developers, analysts, quality assurance and system engineers.
We provide engineers (electrical, civil, etc.) and technicians to companies who need engineering talent on a contingent basis.
Strategic Staffing Solutions(S3) has an immediate one year contract opportunity available in Ankeny, IA for a junior to mid-level Engineering Technician with 2-5 years of experience.
Opportunity for an individual that can work under the direction of engineers with the independence expected to complete tasks assigned. A successful applicant must have excellent electrical, mechanical, and computer troubleshooting skills with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office. Applicant must also have excellent skills with hand tools and minor machine shop tool knowledge. Ability to use SolidWorks is preferred. Person should have experience with automated equipment with the ability to conceptualize designs to deliver new research equipment. Also, machine testing, troubleshooting and evaluation of automated research equipment. Requires 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. This is a physically demanding job which requires ability to climb up & down work station stairs and/or ladders, and maneuver between and around equipment for maintenance.
1. Reason for opening: Turnover and Skills gap
2. Required skills: Advanced Troubleshooting skills of automated systems is by far the most important skill, Experience with Automated equipment (this means electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical), Mechanical background, Having flexibility to work beyond 8 hours when demand is high, knowledge on how to use a Volt ohm meter to measure voltages,
3. Daily responsibilities: This person will cross functionally interact with operators, engineers and biologist to ensure equipment is useable. This can consist of minor repairs of simple assembles to major issues revolving around unknown complex issues. This person will assist with general maintenance of custom automated systems. This person will work on future efforts such as completing documentation, continuous improvement, failure analysis and installation of automated systems.
4. This person will work with Operators, engineers and biologist
5. Could this be extended: Yes, if the person is qualified and competent
Assistant Professor In Agricultural Safety & Health
Assistant Professor in Agricultural Safety & Health Apply now
Job no:505281 Work type:Faculty Full-Time Location:Main Campus (Gainesville, FL) Categories:Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine Department:60070000 - AG-AGRICUL / BIOLOGICAL ENG Classification Title: Ast Prof
This is a 12-month, tenure track position (70% extension 30% research) in the Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department (ABE), Institute of Food and Sciences (IFAS) with affiliation in Family Youth and Community Sciences at the University of Florida.
This position will work closely with the university’s newly established Southern Coastal Center for Agricultural Safety and Health. This assignment may change in accordance with the needs of the unit.
The faculty member in this position will be responsible for building a program in safety and health challenges that will address the agriculture, forestry, and fisheries (AFF) system in Florida, starting with jobs in the field (planting, maintenance, harvesting, etc.) and ending with postharvest activities (packing, processing, shipping and handling, etc.). This position will develop partnerships with growers, farm worker groups, processors, equipment manufacturers, and various agencies to assist the AFF industry in maintaining safe and healthy working environments and practices. An interest/background and close collaboration in the social sciences is necessary to address interactions with industry on sensitive safety and health issues, the public health component, understanding adoption, etc. As such it is expected that this faculty member will maintain an active affiliate faculty status with the Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences, including participating in projects, meetings and graduate supervisory committees.
The applied research part of this position may be in the development of decision support systems and/or development of technologies, tools and/or sensors that can increase effectiveness and efficiency of detection and implementation of safety measures and safety related decisions. The Extension part of this position will include building an interdisciplinary program in worker safety and health in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries systems (e.g., heat illness and agrochemicals exposure), technology and equipment assessment for safety and health hazards mitigation, and safety of existing and newly developed mechanized systems and operations. The candidate is expected to bring a systems approach to agricultural safety and health including leadership in the development of a web portal with extension tools addressing safely, risk and health in agriculture, forestry and fisheries.
The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with other state and county extension faculty who offer existing programs in agricultural safety and health, as well as conduct in-service trainings and participate in field days and other client-focused Extension programs, workshops and events. In addition, the candidate will create/develop new decision support tools and/or sensors to support these programs. This position is also expected to work closely with Faculty in Family, Youth and Community Sciences (FYCS), Animal Science, Agronomy, Entomology, Horticulture as well as collaborate with the UF Health Center to coordinate and enhance various safety and health-related outreach activities and identify needs for research in this area.
Key clientele groups will include growers and their associations such as the Florida Farm Bureau, Florida Fertilizer and Agricultural Chemicals Association, equipment manufacturers and dealers, farm labor groups as well as Florida food processing and manufacturing companies and their associations. A participation in the national agricultural safety group and familiarity with the National Agriculture Safety Database (nasdonline.org) are required as a part of this position. The successful candidate is expected to create an innovative research program in the development of computer-based decision support systems/tools and/or sensors that can improve agricultural safety of Florida farm workers.
A strong nationally and internationally recognized research program supported by a research group including a strong graduate program and extramural funding from state and federal agency is expected. The candidate is expected to promote his/her research activity and leadership in professional societies, supported by sustained publication activity in top scientific journals. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with other faculty and research partners, creating synergy both inside and outside of the University of Florida.
The candidate will be also expected to participate in all activities of departmental academic life such as research groups, mentorship of undergraduate and graduate students, and academic service activities; and work closely with other faculty in IFAS, the College of Engineering, the Emerging Pathogens Institute, the UF Water Institute and Florida Climate Institute. Because of the IFAS land-grant mission, all faculty are expected to be supportive of and engaged in all three mission areas—Research, Teaching and Extension—regardless of the assignment split specified in the position description. Background Information:
The Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department is a unit in the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) at the University of Florida and has diverse teaching, research and extension education programs. The Department is comprised of 29 faculty members located on the Gainesville campus, 5 faculty located across the state at research and education centers, 10 courtesy faculty and 20 support personnel (see websitehttp://abe.ufl.edu), and consistently ranks in the top 5 Agricultural and Biological Engineering programs nationwide. Instilling excellence in research, leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship are ABE's highest priorities.
At ABE, the candidate will join a dynamic, cross-disciplinary group of researchers, and will enjoy broad opportunities for collaborations with existing teams, including those studying biofilm systems and biosensors, biofuels, coupled natural and human ecosystems, nanotechnology and nanomaterials, climate variability and change, crop modeling, hydrology and water quality. Advertised Salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
At least one degree must be in Engineering and the candidate must have a Ph.D. (foreign equivalent acceptable). The candidate is required to have an understanding of sociocultural and behavioral processes that relate to the adoption of technology. The candidate must have the ability to conduct applied research and extension education programs related to safety and health, and the ability and willingness to disseminate results to clientele. Candidates should have demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication, interpersonal relationships, and procurement of extramural funding.
Candidates must also have a commitment to IFAS core values of excellence, diversity, global involvement and accountability.
Expertise in safety, risk analysis and management, logistics, agricultural systems, postharvest handling, and other aspects of the food chain and its safety is preferred.
Postdoctoral experience and a clearly established publication record in areas related to this position, which could include agricultural safety and engineering based extension education is desirable. Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration, candidates should apply and submit additional materials by January 31, 2018.
The position will open until a viable applicant pool is determined. Nominations Nominations are welcome. Nominations need to include the complete name and address of the nominee.
This information should be sent to: Please refer to Requisition # 505281 Gregory A. Kiker Chair, Search and Screen Committee University of Florida Agricultural & Biological Engineering P.O. Box 110570 Gainesville, FL 32611 Telephone: 352-392-1864 extension 291 Facsimile: 352-392-4092 Electronic Mail: email@example.com Application Information
Individuals wishing to apply should go online tohttp://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/505281and submit:
Cover letter that states applicant’s interest in the position and qualifications relative to the credentials listed above
Contact information (including email addresses) for 4 individuals willing to write letters of recommendation
Unofficial transcripts Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible.
Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found athttp://www.naces.org/. The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The selection process will be conducted in accord with the provisions of Florida’s ‘Government in the Sunshine’ and Public Records Laws. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation. Health Assessment Required:No Advertised:02 Nov 2017Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!