Agricultural Engineering Technician Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Agricultural Engineering Technician
Agricultural Mechanic / Construction Mechanic Technician
Great salary and benefits.
Repair, recondition, service, and assemble equipment for the company and its customers. Perform all work as quickly, efficiently, accurately, and completely as possible to ensure customer satisfaction and company profitability.
SERVICE / REPAIR WORK
Repair, service, recondition, and assemble equipment as assigned by the Service Manager.
Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
Adhere to all safety rules, procedures, and practices of the company.
Suggest any additional repairs needed to the Service Manager and/or customer.
Perform equipment inspections.
Responsible for acquiring and maintaining an adequate and complete set of hand tools necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Utilize all available resources to provide the highest level of customer service possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Eight to Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate agricultural/industrial equipment. Ability to use reference books, materials. Ability to operate forklift equipment. General mechanical aptitude and ability is necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
461 Breaden Dr.
Monroe, OH 45050
The major thrust of Zimmer Tractor's business is split 50% Commercial, Industrial and Turf related equipment while 50% still remains in agriculture specializing in hay harvesting equipment. Today Zimmer is the largest tractor dealership in the Cincinnati-Tri-State area, specializing in Kubota & New Holland tractors, agriculture, estate, commercial and light construction equipment. If you measure your property in acres then we have the tractors and equipment to meet your needs. With four locations and over 25,000 customers in our data base, you'll find Zimmer to have a proven track record of customer satisfaction.
IT Security Engineer (Experience In Banking Or Agricultural Financial)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Responsible for the monitoring, managing and the recommendation of security solutions to protect Association data and systems. The IT Security Engineer will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all IT security solutions and will be an integral part of incident response.
1. Establish communications and procedures to help IT staff understand security & business context.
2. Issues risk assessments for IT projects, and serve as subject matter expert by providing guidance and consulting services to project teams on matters related to security.
3. Maintain/update documentation – diagrams, procedures, process, standards, etc. as it relates to security.
4. Coordinates IT response activities for security incidents.
5. Assist with maintaining Incident Response Plan.
6. Monitors all Domain change logs.
7. Monitors and manages Dell SecureWorks products and implementations.
8. Monitor, manage and drive SecureWorks tickets to resolution.
9. Evaluate and recommend new security solutions/products to meet Association security objectives.
10. Monitors and manages web and content filtering.
11. As IT Compliance Manager, monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy.
12. As chair of IT Security Committee, responsible for garnering the collective knowledge of IT subject matter experts to improve and optimize the overall security posture.
13. Liaison between IT and Risk Management including creating/providing reports as required, and assist with security awareness and training.
14. Liaison between IT and Internal Audit for security related audits and audit needs.
15. Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards relative to the information security arena.
16. Participates as a member of the Security Risk Committee.
17. Participates as a member of the Identity and Access Management Committee.
18. Review and evaluate service provider security reports.
19. Performs other functions assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. BA/BS degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems or business; or equivalent.
2. At least seven years of related experience.
3. Demonstrated proficiency of IT security and cyber-security concepts.
4. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Certification.
5. Development of security models and designs to protect Association assets.
6. Experience with configuration of commercially available security solutions.
7. Project management skills.
8. Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
9. Keen attention to detail.
10. Occasional travel required (
Field Service Technician – Agricultural Irrigation Systems
Our client is an international manufacturer of agricultural irrigation systems, including gates and open canal control technologies, and they have a direct placement opportunity for a Field Service Technician to work from their Northern Colorado office. Credible candidates will have two years of experience installing, troubleshooting and supporting automated irrigation control systems, including installation, commissioning and integration into SCADA and HMI systems. Knowledge of PLC, SCADA and RTU systems is also required. Will travel approximately 30% to 50% of the time, in Colorado and surrounding states. Pays $55,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
Please discuss this opportunity with Paul Struble
Aorist Technical Staffing is an equal opportunity recruiter. All candidates who meet the basic qualifications for this position, and can provide documentation that proves they are eligible to work in the United States, are encouraged to apply. Please note that we will not provide visa sponsorship. EEO - Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Maurer-Stutz is seeking a licensed/registered professional engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of professional design experience to continue growth of our existing agricultural services team. Maurer-Stutz currently maintains offices in Illinois and Indiana. The position entails consulting with farmers and agribusinesses with a particular emphasis on working with livestock and poultry producers.
The ideal applicant is licensed (or registered) as a professional engineer. Experience in livestock production is a plus. Primary activities include design of livestock waste systems, site/grading design, storm water and erosion control design, assistance with permitting, development of comprehensive nutrient management plans (CNMP’s) including conceptual planning for addressing resource concerns at existing facilities in addition to managing projects or assisting project managers.
AG Agricultural Service Department Technician Mechanic
AG Service Technician Plymouth IN
Bane-Welker is currently seeking an entry level Service Technician to join their Plymouth IN Service Department. WILL TRAIN!! In this role the candidate's primary responsibilities will be to independently perform basic and complex diagnostic, service repair and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned agricultural equipment. This position will report to the Service Manager and training will be provided.
• A customer centric and “be of service” attitude.
• Basic mechanical knowledge
• Valid driver’s license.
• Bane-Welker offers a competitive salary
• Employer Health benefits
• 401(K) with employer matching
• Plus a great work environment
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a maintenance shop and outdoor environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to sitting, standing, climbing, lifting, grasping, reaching, stooping, crouching, speaking, listening and motor coordination.
BANE-WELKER EQUIPMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are comprised of farmers, family and people who know farming like the backs of their hands. We grew up in farming communities and truly understand the important role farmers play across the globe. Farming as an industry has seen tremendous growth and change and implement dealers have had to adapt to meet the needs of customers. Some dealers have gone by the wayside. Bane-Welker has adapted to meet the needs of its customers and has continued to grow as a successful company for whom we can all be proud to work for.
Bane-Welker Equipment is proud to employ knowledgeable, friendly and experienced people who share our vision of success and who bring true value to customers by providing the best possible products and service available. We care about our customers and our employees as if they were our own family. Together, we proudly serve the agricultural communities across Indiana, Ohio and beyond. Stop in and see us today!
Our Mission Statement:
We are committed to serving our customers with quality products and superior service; today, tomorrow and into the future. We hereby pledge to go beyond what is normally expected of us, so that this mission is not merely a statement but a way of life.
Agricultural Equipment Service Technician
Holt Ag Solutions is seeking a qualified Ag Service Technician to be responsible for the diagnosis and repair of all vehicles and equipment serviced by Holt Ag Solutions facilities. In this position, technicians are expected to perform with the highest degree of professional competence, as it relates to quality and quantity of work, product knowledge, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sets and achieves targeted productivity levels by focusing on jobs that are revenue generating and doing repairs right the first time.
• Monitors and meets Technician Efficiency goals for progress towards yearly, monthly, weekly and daily goals.
• Completes all comeback or rework labor on any work order the technician originally performed based on agreement with service manager in a timely manner.
• Builds and maintains positive customer relationships to strengthen customer loyalty and dealer reputation.
• Completes Accurate Service Reports and parts credits and Signs Off work order within a targeted time frame from Last Date of Labor.
• Completes accurate Time Entry daily.
• Maintains a targeted and Professional Cleanliness level of shop and assigned Vehicles. Operates equipment and vehicles in a Professional Manner.
• Continually improves product knowledge and other skills in order to respond to customers’ needs more effectively.
• Works safely and efficiently with zero injuries and 100% compliance with PPE.
• Monitors and meets 100% completion of Targeted Training for Technical and Safety Training both On-Line and Instructor Led.
• Monitors and meets accurate charge out of parts and supplies inventoried in the Service Department and on Field Service Trucks.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), five to ten years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Baler and swather experience is a plus.
With three locations throughout the north Central Valley of California, Holt Ag Solutions strives to provide employees with great benefits and competitive wages as well as with the advanced training necessary to continue to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations.
With the ability to stay up on the latest advances in machinery and technology, our employees are provided ample opportunity for growth within the company.
Service Technician / Agriculture Mechanic
At Plains Equipment Group we are differentiating ourselves through our people, our partnerships, and our performance. We are looking for Forage Harvester, Combine and Tractor Technicians to join our expanding team of John Deere Certified Technicians.
In the Technician position you will:
- Perform basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural equipment (forage harvesters, combines, tractors) and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Provide customers with excellent customer service
- Participate in service training programs required for the development of mechanical skills and knowledge
- Maintain current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintain a clean work area and appearance
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Complete all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Track time spent on all service projects and material used in performing the mechanical service
- Industry leading wages and uncapped monthly bonus potential
- Company Matching 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid training and development
- Family friendly community
- 1+ years of experience as a mechanic performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic mechanical repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid drivers license is required
- Fork lift license preferred
Refer to a Friend Post a Job
Perform effective, safe and efficient tasks and responsibilities of the Animal Health International facility or department in accordance with all company policies, procedures and applicable laws. Works in cooperation with Operations Management and all of the Operational Business Teams to direct the movement of products from the manufacturer to the customer in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Equipment Manufacturing and Development
- Be proficient in HMI and PLC control system operations.
- Proficient in mechanical and electronic operation of equipment.
- Proficient in electrical and mechanical print reading. Create mechanical and electrical drawings using Solidworks.
- Develop and maintain efficient equipment assembly and test procedures in manufacturing.
- Test and verify accurate machine operation with products. Work directly with manufactures on new products.
- Research, design, and implement improvements to existing and new equipment/control processes.
- Provide on-site support to Field Service Technicians and customers, as required, to maintain proper operation of equipment.
- Train personnel in all technical aspects of the equipment operation, trouble-shooting, service requirements, etc.
- Be proficient in ration calculations and data entry procedures.
Feed Mill Projects
- Be proficient in feed mill processes for beef and dairy operations.
- Provide technical support and consulting, as requested, to customers on feed batching and mill operation.
- Develop batcher and mill operational specifications for control system development.
- Provide on-site support for control solution projects. Coordinate with contractors on mill changes. Manage control system install projects.
- Be knowledgeable of requirements for FDA compliance in feedyards.
- Support and train personnel in FDA regulations and procedures.
- Perform required assays and other testing as directed by FDA regulations and/or company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Advanced computer skills with working knowledge of operating platforms used in development (Windows, etc.).
- Mechanical/electrical design and drafting abilities usingCAD software.
- Understanding of ladder logic programming used in development of control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to teach and instruct others in equipment operations and processes.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Position will require up to 50% travel
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience preferred
- Background in agriculture preferred
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Volt meters, various lab equipment, etc.
- Proficy, Solidworks, MS Office, along with proprietary software packages
- Computers, networking devices, and various electronic equipment
Farmers Implement, Inc. is seeking an Agricultural Technician for our Columbus, WI location. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package!!
Overall responsibility: To perform routine maintenance and emergency repairs on the fuel, brake, electrical and transmission systems of agricultural and construction equipment as well as lawnmowers, trailers, and grain/grain handling equipment.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Utilizes a number of specialized tools including but not limited to welding torches, jacks, hoists, and hand tools such as wrenches.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems with a variety of equipment through computer systems.
- Reads and interprets electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Communicates timeline for completion of repairs to ensure excellent customer service.
- Identifies parts needed and orders in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Performs maintenance and necessary tune-ups as assigned.
- Cleans work area on a regular basis and as needed.
- Works a variety of scheduled hours.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment while completing maintenance and repairs.
- Completes the CASE employee certification as directed and identifies needed course instruction to maintain certification per manufacturer guidelines.
- Certification from a one to two year program in agricultural and construction equipment repair is required.
- Experience is preferred with Agricultural and/or Construction equipment as well as with a number of product vendors including but not limited to Case, Gehl, Pat’s, Kuhn Knight, Cub Cadet, Badger, and Ag Bag.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin’s driver’s license.
- CDL, A or B, preferred.
- Must have own tools.
- Computer skills required and diagnostic skills preferred.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, Monday through Friday, frequent Saturdays
- Small community with individuals who care about the business.
- Easy access to 41.
- Room for advancement and succession planning.
- Competitive wages.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Benefits are offered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Entry- Level Engineering Technician
Become part of a dynamic organization focused on employee retention and customer satisfaction!
Osmose Utilities Services provides engineering services for electric and communication utilities which include: OSP, broadband expansion, ISP, data solutions, construction management, and turnkey solutions for design, construction, and installation. We focus on providing a specific and focused response to each client's needs while offering a single point of responsibility for all aspects of project planning and implementation. Osmose has the knowledge, experience, and resources to assist customers of all sizes with electric and communications utility projects, both big and small. Learn more about us at www.osmose.com.
Due to major growth, we are currently seeking multiple Engineering Technicians in the Peachtree City, GA area.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Benefits package to include medical, dental and life insurance
- State of the art technology
- Full time, W2 status with long term career and growth opportunities
The successful candidate could have knowledge of the following:
- Ensure that new/proposed wire attachments meet NESC/GO95 requirements and proposed attachment plan for clearance violations
- Perform Pole Loading Analyses (PLA) and Make Ready Engineering (MRE) designs using O-Calc Pro
- Create project deliverables.
- Track model progress using data/project management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- 0-1 year of experience with basic engineering concepts such as strength of materials, loads on structures, member forces, and reactions
- Experience with Pole Loading Analysis and Make Ready Engineering preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software including Access, Excel, and Word
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing working environment
- Must pass a drug and background screening
Post a Job