Agricultural Research Engineer Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Agricultural Research Engineer
IT Security Engineer (Experience In Banking Or Agricultural Financial)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Responsible for the monitoring, managing and the recommendation of security solutions to protect Association data and systems. The IT Security Engineer will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all IT security solutions and will be an integral part of incident response.
1. Establish communications and procedures to help IT staff understand security & business context.
2. Issues risk assessments for IT projects, and serve as subject matter expert by providing guidance and consulting services to project teams on matters related to security.
3. Maintain/update documentation – diagrams, procedures, process, standards, etc. as it relates to security.
4. Coordinates IT response activities for security incidents.
5. Assist with maintaining Incident Response Plan.
6. Monitors all Domain change logs.
7. Monitors and manages Dell SecureWorks products and implementations.
8. Monitor, manage and drive SecureWorks tickets to resolution.
9. Evaluate and recommend new security solutions/products to meet Association security objectives.
10. Monitors and manages web and content filtering.
11. As IT Compliance Manager, monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy.
12. As chair of IT Security Committee, responsible for garnering the collective knowledge of IT subject matter experts to improve and optimize the overall security posture.
13. Liaison between IT and Risk Management including creating/providing reports as required, and assist with security awareness and training.
14. Liaison between IT and Internal Audit for security related audits and audit needs.
15. Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards relative to the information security arena.
16. Participates as a member of the Security Risk Committee.
17. Participates as a member of the Identity and Access Management Committee.
18. Review and evaluate service provider security reports.
19. Performs other functions assigned.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. BA/BS degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems or business; or equivalent.
2. At least seven years of related experience.
3. Demonstrated proficiency of IT security and cyber-security concepts.
4. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Certification.
5. Development of security models and designs to protect Association assets.
6. Experience with configuration of commercially available security solutions.
7. Project management skills.
8. Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
9. Keen attention to detail.
10. Occasional travel required (
Maurer-Stutz is seeking a licensed/registered professional engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of professional design experience to continue growth of our existing agricultural services team. Maurer-Stutz currently maintains offices in Illinois and Indiana. The position entails consulting with farmers and agribusinesses with a particular emphasis on working with livestock and poultry producers.
The ideal applicant is licensed (or registered) as a professional engineer. Experience in livestock production is a plus. Primary activities include design of livestock waste systems, site/grading design, storm water and erosion control design, assistance with permitting, development of comprehensive nutrient management plans (CNMP’s) including conceptual planning for addressing resource concerns at existing facilities in addition to managing projects or assisting project managers.
Perform effective, safe and efficient tasks and responsibilities of the Animal Health International facility or department in accordance with all company policies, procedures and applicable laws. Works in cooperation with Operations Management and all of the Operational Business Teams to direct the movement of products from the manufacturer to the customer in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Equipment Manufacturing and Development
- Be proficient in HMI and PLC control system operations.
- Proficient in mechanical and electronic operation of equipment.
- Proficient in electrical and mechanical print reading. Create mechanical and electrical drawings using Solidworks.
- Develop and maintain efficient equipment assembly and test procedures in manufacturing.
- Test and verify accurate machine operation with products. Work directly with manufactures on new products.
- Research, design, and implement improvements to existing and new equipment/control processes.
- Provide on-site support to Field Service Technicians and customers, as required, to maintain proper operation of equipment.
- Train personnel in all technical aspects of the equipment operation, trouble-shooting, service requirements, etc.
- Be proficient in ration calculations and data entry procedures.
Feed Mill Projects
- Be proficient in feed mill processes for beef and dairy operations.
- Provide technical support and consulting, as requested, to customers on feed batching and mill operation.
- Develop batcher and mill operational specifications for control system development.
- Provide on-site support for control solution projects. Coordinate with contractors on mill changes. Manage control system install projects.
- Be knowledgeable of requirements for FDA compliance in feedyards.
- Support and train personnel in FDA regulations and procedures.
- Perform required assays and other testing as directed by FDA regulations and/or company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Advanced computer skills with working knowledge of operating platforms used in development (Windows, etc.).
- Mechanical/electrical design and drafting abilities usingCAD software.
- Understanding of ladder logic programming used in development of control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to teach and instruct others in equipment operations and processes.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Position will require up to 50% travel
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience preferred
- Background in agriculture preferred
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Volt meters, various lab equipment, etc.
- Proficy, Solidworks, MS Office, along with proprietary software packages
- Computers, networking devices, and various electronic equipment
Commissioning And Qualification Engineer - Pharma Biotech Research And Development
Position Title Commissioning and Qualification Engineer
Pharma Biotech Research and Development
Location Reading PA
A Commissioning and Qualification (C&Q) Engineer responsible for the authoring and execution of test protocols for startup, commissioning, and qualification activities. The C&Q Engineer may also be called on to provide input for process and instrument and control design activities. This individual must be capable of working in an interdisciplinary environment as a contributing team member and independently on a wide variety of projects.
* Author startup, commissioning, and qualification test protocols for mechanical, electrical, and automated systems.
* Field execution of test protocols for mechanical, electrical, and automated systems.
* Temperature mapping of controlled temperature units (freezers, refrigerators, incubators, etc.) as well as sterilization processes.
* Represent company at onsite client meetings.
* Interact with clients, managers, vendors, contractors, and colleagues within the company.
* Interact with a variety of departments such as Validation, Engineering, Project Management and Quality Assurance, among others.
* Provide on-site startup, troubleshooting, and engineering services support to the client.
* Provide process and instrument and control design support.
* Identify new work opportunities and submit proposals.
* Engineering or science degree from ABET accredited university program.
* Minimum of two to four years related experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Must have experience with DCS, PLC, and other local or remote automation and control systems.
* Experience in a FDA regulated environment is a plus.
* Experience with LEED or building commissioning projects is a plus.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
* Excellent attitude, attention to detail and interpersonal relationship skills.
* Excellent documentation practices.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
* Must be willing and able to work additional or off hours on projects as required to satisfy the client's deadlines.
* Must be will and able to travel to client sites for test execution in laboratory, manufacturing, or office environments.
* Capable of working independently and within a team framework.
* Sensitive to client's needs and demands.
* Ability to work within project budget and schedule requirements.
* Capable of multi-tasking on different projects.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Engineering or science degree from ABET accredited university program.
2. 2+ years of experience with test protocols for startup, commissioning, and qualification activities within a Pharma / Biotech manufacturing environment.
3. Experience with DCS, PLC, and other local or remote automation and control systems.
4. Experience in a FDA regulated environment is a plus.
5. Experience with LEED or building commissioning projects is a plus.
Post a Job
From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy. In addition, you will participate in activities that include testing and debugging of operating systems that run NetApp storage applications. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of a system or major subsystems
Writing project specifications and release documentation and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation including:
Testing and/or Unit Testing
Critical and/or high visibility customer support
Deliver resilient, robust and durable designs
Lead and participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups across Business Units associated with evaluating and executing design and development plans for products
Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers Job Requirements Requirements:
Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions; Recognized expert in a portion of product area
Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
Strong generalist understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team
Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
Responsibility and Interaction:
Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
Work effectively with staff to Vice-President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently
Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position
Work effectively with senior engineers within Business Unit
Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others Education and Experience Education & Experience:
A minimum of 8 years of experience is required. 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California
- Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters)
USA - Massachusetts
USA - North Carolina
- Research Triangle Park
Requisition Number 42057BR EEO Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Post a Job
Electrical Engineer - Innovation And Research
We are the world's largest provider of building technologies. Our elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable.
The Innovation & Research organization is a small, agile and centrally held innovation team. We work with Universities, External Research organizations and global business units to identify, develop and demonstrate innovative technology solutions, products, services and intelligent systems through a structured method of innovation. The team also enables organization wide innovation through development and deployment of innovation catalysts that are trained thru a well-defined learning and development and certification process.
- To develop and execute an electrical, energy conversion and electromagnetic systems technology roadmap with a high potential to create disruptive products.
- The individual will be involved in technology maturity levels ranging from TRL1-TRL5, with responsibilities to manage the transition to product development teams.
- The candidate will need to maintain and extend the network of the company’s internal and external entities with the objective to accelerate the agenda for innovation.
- The job requires deep technical knowledge and the ability to create strategic content and tactical execution. Track record in creating innovative and prototyping ideas, working directly and indirectly with a global network of institutions and industrial partners is a must.
- Deep technical knowledge in other areas is a plus, including materials, chemistry, communications/networks, and control systems.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Investigate new technologies, and their potential applications. The area of motor and drives will be a focus in this segment.
- Develop strategic partnerships and plans for execution of the strategy
- Grow partnerships with existing international institutions, including universities, laboratories, and the industry.
- Create intellectual property strategy.
- Lead and manage technology evaluation and demonstration plans, risk reductions and transition to production teams
- Coordinate with researchers, engineers and managers across the organization, and external entities.
- Coordinate with external entities, and potential third-party service and technology providers
- Ability to expand and lead beyond areas of expertise.
- Capability to coordinate, mentor and provide/receive technical guidance of globally located and multi-disciplinary teams
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Master degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field, doctorate level preferred.
- Formal education in system engineering, communications, networks, materials, power electronics, computer science or similar fields are a plus.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum master engineering degree in electrical engineering and electronics
- At least 10 years of working experience, preferably in the area of electrical motors, with a high experience in other areas.
- Experience in power electronics, materials and chemistry, network/communications, energy harvesting, energy storage technologies is a plus
- Experience working closely with academic institutions, entrepreneurial companies and large institutions.
- Experimental / test experience is required
- Team oriented personality, capability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must know Maxwell and similar packages for electromagnetic analysis
Candidate Must Have:
- Experience with power electronics
- electrical/electromagnetism background
We offer an exceptional base salary in addition to a generous and comprehensive benefits package plus relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a brief cover letter with salary expectation.Post a Job
Mobile Vulnerability Research Engineer
We are currently hiring a Mobile Vulnerability Research Engineer for a permanent position with a client in Chantilly, Virginia.
- TS/SCI required. Can sponsor for higher level.
- Desired skill sets include experience with IDAPro and embedded development.
- Must have experience with either Android or iOS.
- Review, isolate, analyze and then reverse-engineer programs that are vulnerable or malicious code in order to determine and understand the specific nature of the threat.
- Document the specific attack capabilities of the specimen (code, virus, etc.) and understand the concept of exploitation scenario.
- Stay on top of the "vulnerability landscape" and be up-to-date on current attacks or potential attacks and prepare counter-measures (if possible) to thwart those attacks or at least be prepared for them.
- Analyze common network services and software applications in order to discover new and potential vulnerabilities.
Research Engineer – Software Algorithms
Our client in Austin is on the leading edge of semiconductor process technology and they are looking to add an experienced Research Engineer for Software Algorithms to their team. This is a direct hire position in an exciting work environment with competitive salary and strong growth opportunities. Details about the job are below. If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please reply back to this post with a copy of your resume.
- Research, develop and optimize algorithms to improve process performance using tools such as computational geometry, convex optimization, machine learning, etc.
- Convert algorithms that optimize waveforms and decision making processes into working prototypes using Octave / Matlab or Python, then into on-tool software through efficient coding of Java / C++
- Develop user friendly GUI and visualization tools on the front end of complex algorithms
- Work with science and engineering groups to understand our client’s tools, process and materials, and all their component sub-systems
- Contribute to hardware specification, testing and integration
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, along with 5+ years of experience solving real world problems using machine learning, optimization theory, computational geometry, pattern optimization, computer vision, etc.
- Solid programming skills in Java / C++ / C, as well as previous work in Octave / Matlab or Python prototyping
- Familiarity with data structures and Big O classification of algorithms, as well as processor optimization methods (AVX, SSE, etc.) or GPU processing (CUDA) is a plus
- Must have excellent data analysis skills, and be comfortable doing hands-on research as well as coding
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
3D Software Research Engineer
The 3D Software Research Engineer candidate will have exceptional skills with exceptional C++ programming and experience with Scientific Computing.
Conceiving and implementing 3D algorithms into our software
Work in and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
Design and develop algorithms for simulation and prediction
5 + years programming in C++
5 + years in Scientific Computing
Careers that we focus on include:
* Design Automation and Enterprise Software Vendors. Both MCAE and EDA as well as PLM/Enterprise Software. Software Development, Sales/Marketing and Field Applications Engineering.
* Design Automation methodology and tools for: EDA and MCAE Design Environments
* Electronic Design Engineering for all high end applications; full custom chips, ASIC, FPGA, PCB's and MEMS.
For details contact: John Visconti at email@example.com or call 978-667-6680
Research AND Support Engineer Ii-Polyethylene
TITLE: RESEARCH AND SUPPORT ENGINEER II
REPORTS TO: RESEARCH AND SUPPORT MANAGER
LOCATION: Longview, Texas and Lake Charles, LA (East Texas Assets)
B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in a Process Improvement or Research role; or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry is required. Full time experience working in process engineering and plant operations for high pressure polyethylene is required.
Provide Targeted Manufacturing Assistance
- Maintain ongoing assistance to the company's Polyethylene’s Longview and Lake Charles high pressure polyethylene operations, including troubleshooting of chronic and acute manufacturing problems.
- Identify, develop, and organize plant trials, special tests, fundamental studies, and reports to improve product quality, support product development, and to optimize processes or process unit operations.
- Provide independent evaluation and technical or engineering assistance for safety and technology issues for process modification, improvements, or additions.
- Serve equally the company's Longview and Lake Charles high pressure operations utilizing telecommunication and travel as needed.
- Assist Operations with temporary resource assignments created by urgent needs or high priority projects.
- Understand and follow Operations PSM, Management of Change, management of equipment specifications and drawings, and operating procedures, etc.
Support Technology Objectives
- Represent Technology in matters of processes and engineering for high pressure polyethylene technology and operations.
- Identify and develop proposals, and provide guidance or technical and engineering assistance to Technology including Research & Support programs.
- Facilitate coordination between Research & Support, Operations, and Site Engineering.
- Participate in the Technology Group’s Leadership Team meeting.
Support Technology Base
- Contribute to ongoing development of a historical and current understanding of high pressure polyethylene process technology and resins.
- Assist Manufacturing and Research & Support in the evaluation and understanding of competitive resins and technology.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation, and understanding of published technology reports and of research and development.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans to acquire new expertise or knowledge in key technology.
- Insure important technological learnings, whether external or internal, are captured in an appropriate manner.
- Conduct technology training as needed/requested.
- Assist in insuring that the company's discoveries are identified and properly protected in support of intellectual property strategies.
- Provide technical support for evaluation of right-to-practice issues surrounding intellectual property.
- Provide technical support for defending or developing defense of intellectual property.
Support Evaluation of Prospective Process Technologies
- Assist in the selection, evaluation of feasibility, and valuation of prospective process modifications or new process technology.
- Provide technical support for evaluation right-to-practice issues surrounding prospective process modifications or new process technology.
- Assist in the technical evaluation of prospective acquisitions.
- Lead or assist in estimates for capital costs or operating costs associated with implementation of process modifications or new process technology.
- Lead or assist in developing resource requirements for implementation of prospective technologies, including vendor or service selection, materials or equipment, or other needs of Manufacturing.
Coordinate with Technology Partners
- Represent or assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with technology partners.
- Organize exchanges with partners and assure compliance for mutual protection of disclosures with proper secrecy agreements.
- Assist in identifying and assessing high pressure polyethylene technology that may be available for licensing.
- Represent or assist in high pressure polyethylene licensing activities.
- Provide technical evaluation of contractual obligations to its Licensees and Licensors.
- Provide technical evaluation of Licensees and Licensors contractual obligations
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to our clients and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers