Agronomist Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Agronomist
Precision Agriculture Agronomist
Who We Are
Our mission is to invent the future of farming. We're transforming the oldest and most important industry in the world from "gut instinct" to data science. Our platform already exposes critical operational data insights to 1 out of every 3 farms in the U.S. and our users absolutely love us.Who You Are
You are comfortable with ambiguity and if you don't already know the answer to something, you can go find it and figure it out. You are knowledgeable in precision ag data files and equipment. You know farming and want to be part of bringing actual benefit from digital technologies. A fun day for you is finding data examples, talking with farmers, sorting out data file issues and doing your part to support the success of the Science team.About the Role
This role will work with precision ag data to help interface between the data scientists and growers/consultants. You will regularly handle various formats of ag data, including satellite imagery, yield data and as-applied data and be responsible for pulling out the useful information for the Science team. This includes finding examples of imagery to help train for anomalies and by doing so, helping your team be more efficient and more effective.Tasks You'll Be Juggling
- Handling yield files, as-applied, imagery and other spatial yield files from growers and agronomists.
- Interpreting aerial imagery for ag fields.
- Working with data scientists to analyze and interpret data analysis
- Developing strategies of getting data sets for research purposes
- Degree in agronomy or ag related field
- Familiarity with basic type of ag equipment and ag practices
- Experience talking with growers
- Experience interfacing with grower owned precision ag technologies
- Basic knowledge of GIS for ag applications
- Prior experience interpreting aerial/satellite imagery of ag fields
Nice to Have
- Coding experience
- Experience in statistical analysis of spatial data sets
- Experience running ag field equipment for grain crops
- Experience presenting to grower audiences
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, genetic information, age, height, weight, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other legally protected characteristics.Post a Job
Sales Agronomist - AGQ Labs
AGQ Labs USA is looking for a dedicated Sales Agronomist to attract new customers while maintaining our existing customer base for our agronomic services, providing specialized advice on agronomy, nutrition and water management, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing efficiency and productivity by the combination of Soil Chemistry, Plant Science and Engineering with our unique and patented technology (successfully developed for growers of many crops in a bundle of soil and climate conditions, fertilizer companies testing their products, nurseries and breeding companies, etc…)
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Soil/Plant/Horticultural/Agriculture Sciences
- CCA or PCA license is required
- 2 years of sales experience
- Knowledge in soil chemistry, crop nutrition and water management
- Learning skills, for training period on AGQ technology and lab procedures
- Technical and analytical skills with the ability to explain findings clearly
- Communication and sales skills, for dealing with clients and expanding services;
- Traveling within the state/USA and/or eventually International (Spain, Chile…)
- Spanish conversational level is required
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as one document.
AGQ Labs USA is located in Oxnard, California and specializes in two core sectors: Food Safety and Agronomy.
We are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and provide the following services:
Food Safety Services
Pesticide Residue Analysis
Heavy Metal Testing
Plant Tissue Analysis
Golf Course Nutritional Management
To be a technological center, at the forefront of analytical and applied chemistry, which is uniquely oriented to satisfy the needs of our clients, and whose calling and international presence serve as a paradigm in the Agro-food, Environmental, Industrial, and Mining sectors.
We take pride in our global logistic agility, advanced analytical capacity, and crop-management expertise, all of which enable us to support our clients, from farm to fork, to help create a better and safer world.
Sales Agronomist - Cedar County Cooperative
Reports to: Operations Manager
Cedar County Cooperative located in Tipton, IA, is seeking a Sales Agronomist. Located in Cedar County servicing our owners with two locations, providing a value and services to improve profitability to the growers. Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume with their application to .
Summary: Accountable for agronomy sales and services to growers in an assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Make sales calls throughout assigned territory to determine agronomy needs, create solutions and build long term relationships with customers that will generate sales of seed, fertilizer, ag chemicals and agronomy services.
- Plans and carries out test plots at farms to demonstrate improved varieties of field crops such as corn and soybeans to use as a sales tool.
- Develop and maintain a current list of customers and prospects and rate them based on potential size of operation, credit worthiness and other pertinent marketing information.
- Identify and work to resolve any customer concerns.
- Keep current on agronomic products, trends, problems, services, and resources to sell agronomy products in an ethical manor.
- Recommends and sells products and programs to the producer within the company credit and pricing policies.
- Relays competitive sales, pricing and marketing information to management in a timely manner.
- Communicates with management about products being sold or prepaid and problems with products, programs, or producers. Relays requested sales contract and other pertinent information to management.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations tactfully; Responds promptly to customer needs; Speaks clearly and precisely; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Keeps and follows through on commitments; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Self- Management : Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions and includes appropriate people as necessary; Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of and analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Aligns work with strategic goals; Adapts to changes, delays or unexpected events.
Professionalism : Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Organizational Support : Supports organization's goals and values; Follows policies and procedures; Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with two to four years related experience; or , Ag Associate's degree with four to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Agriculture experience required.
- Knowledge of or the ability to obtain working knowledge of internet software, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; and sales order entry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as MSDS sheets and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or other sales representatives of organization.
- Current driver's license and satisfactory MVR (motor vehicle record) is required. Willing to obtain CDL with hazmat endorsement. Driving a tender truck, spreader truck and sprayer truck may be needed at times.
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) is a plus.
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to tolerate and endure long working hours during peak busy seasons and maintain alertness.
Agricultural Sales Agronomist
Agricultural Sales Agronomist Position Medicine Creek Ag an independent Ag Retail Company located in Curtis NE providing services to farmers including fertilizer and crop protection products is seeking a Sales Agronomist. If you are looking for an Agronomy Sales position where you will have direct impact and your contributions will add value to customers and the success of the business than this position is for you.
You will be accountable for sales and services (i.e soil sampling and data analysis) to growers in southwest Nebraska. Please submit a cover letter and resume to http://www.medicinecreekag.com and call 308-367- 4311. A job description is available on request.NP Telepgraph.
Keywords: Agricultural Sales Representative, Location: North Platte, NE - 69101
Post a Job
Agronomist / Sales Manager
Agronomist/ Sales Manager
Bio Huma Netics, Inc. has a few openings for the full-time position of Agronomist/ Sales Manager to be assigned in one of the international or domestic US regions (Soil and Plant Scientist). The minimum wage offered is $48,000 per year based on experience, plus benefits including health, dental, profit sharing, and incentive pay. These positions are based in Gilbert, Arizona in the U.S. The hours for the position are typically Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM while in the office with up to 50% time traveling in the region expected. Agronomist/ Soil and Plant Scientist duties include managing and directing sales and in-field technical services throughout the assigned international or domestic US region in connection with the company’s HUMA GRO line of agricultural nutrition and chemical products.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or related field is a must with a Master’s Degree in Agronomy and/or Plant or Crop Science is preferred.
- Looking for recent graduates with a minimum of 2 years field experience, but ten years field experience with a PCA or CCA certification is preferred.
- Must be English fluent both verbally and in writing of technical agronomic terminology. Fluency in one or more second language is preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Benefits after completing eligibility period:
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance (100% Employee Premium Coverage)
- Paid Vacation
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Contribution
- Simple IRA Company Matching
- Great Team
- Growing Company
To apply, please submit your résumé and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position.
Provide technologically-advanced and ecologically sustainable quality products and services that replenish the earth by restoring water quality, reviving soil fertility, renewing food and fiber value, and refocusing engineered technologies; while minimizing human environmental impact and thereby enhancing the quality of life world-wide.
Technical Sales Agronomist - East
Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC is looking for a Technical Sales Agronomist to join a growing enhanced efficiency fertilizer research and development team. The Technical Sales Agronomist will work with and support 4-5 strategic account managers in the southern and eastern US. The focus is to deliver technical product information and training to customers, consultants and farmers. This position requires excellent communication skills and the successful candidate must be able to present technical concept to audiences with a diverse range of agronomic knowledge.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Own regional agronomy program and strategy with input from sales, marketing and other related capabilities
- Develop relationships with key customer sales and agronomy personnel, farmer/managers, researchers, and independent consultants within the region
- Educate KAS regional sales team, and customers sales & agronomy teams, to position KAS product offerings with a competitive agronomic advantage
- Work with customers to establish field demonstrations and side by sides that promote KAS products and proper agronomic management
- Provide marketing team with technical sales agronomy input for the development of sales support materials to support sales within the region
- Assist KAS Agronomy, R&D to evaluate current and developing technologies and offer technical sales field POV
- Help originate new products/technologies/solutions for solving customer issues
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of agronomy experience
- B.S. in Agronomy or closely related area
- Willing and able to travel up to 75% of the time
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience presenting technical information to a diverse audience
- Experience designing and conducting research trials and analyzing results
- Experience working with soil fertility and fertilizer products in Southern and Eastern US cropping systems
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize based on value creation potential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Crop Advisor or Certified Professional Agronomist
- 5+ years of experience presenting technical presentations
- Experience in fertilizer retail or distribution
- Experience supervising or leading a team
- 8+ years of agronomy experience
- Experience with plant protection chemicals
- M.S. in agronomy or closely related area
Want to learn more about KAES?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Post a Job
Settje Agri-Services & Engineering, Inc
is seeking a full-time Agronomist/
in Western Nebraska.
Email resume &
Travis Caspersen firstname.lastname@example.org www.settje.com
15460 NW 48th St Raymond, NE