Air And Hydronic Balancing Technician Job Description Sample
Hydronic Heating Technician
Dynamic, well-established and growing Plumbing & Mechanical Company has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Hydronic Heating & Control Technician. The rapid growth of our company has created the demand for someone who can step in and immediately set up and service gas fired boilers and low voltage control systems. Our company is one of the premier plumbing & mechanical contractors in the area with a reputation built on quality, reliability and trust. If you are a self-starter, a team player, have a professional attitude and appearance, and possess attention to detail, you may qualify for this opportunity. This position reports directly to the Owner.
- Installation, start-up and service of residential and commercial heating systems
- Set up gas burners with combustion analyzer
- Plan and oversee installation of hydronic and air heat control systems
- Train apprentices
- Create As-Built diagrams of mechanical piping and control systems
- Plan and coordinate installations with shop foreman and owner
- Manage truck stock and shop inventory
- Create estimates for new work
- Meet productivity goals for jobs awarded
- Must have a comprehensive, technical and operational knowledge of mechanical installations and service
- Knowledge of residential and commercial Hydronic heating components as well as associated air handling equipment
- Proven organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Nate Certifications or HVAC supervisor is preferred
- Estimating experience with both formal and field estimates
- Proven ability to work with engineer’s and architect’s drawings and blueprints
- Verifiable computer skills with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access)
Although a leader in the industry we are small enough that you will be recognized for the contributions you make. We are proud of our exciting, stable and dynamic working environment. Our company is an equal employment opportunity employer. In addition to our competitive salary, benefits, and incentives, we provide the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our organization. We hire only the best and the brightest. If you consider yourself one of the best Service Managers/Estimators in the region, please forward resume to Human Resources.
Technician - Plumber / Hydronic Radiant/Hvac
We are now hiring a Service Plumber and Hydronic Radiant Technician
Plumbing, HVAC, Hydronic / Radiant Heating, Electrical.
We are a small successful Plumbing, Radiant Heating, HVAC, and Leak Detection service company. Our team is cohesive and friendly. We are very technical problem solvers and work on a good variety of jobs. We do it all – plumbing repairs, drain cleaning, water heaters, tankless specialists, leak detection, furnaces, direct vent furnaces, air conditioning, ventilation, ducting, radiant heating, boilers, and controls wiring, We are busy all year round.
We are looking for a well-rounded Technician, Someone who can work independently and interacts well with customers. Hydronic training and HVAC training is available if you are proficient in Plumbing. No commission sales here – instead we offer our customers excellent customer service and fair pricing. We pay our employees a good hourly wage. paid holidays, and medical benefits.
We are a customer service oriented company. Great trucks, great equipment, and great truck inventory. We go to jobs prepared. We are a pleasant group of people to work with too!
Come join a different kind of team!
The successful candidate will most likely be currently employed. We can arrange evening or weekend interviews.
Minimum of 5 years plumbing or HVAC experience, We will consider training the right person in radiant, Hydronics, and HVAC. Punctual, Clean DMV, Neat appearance, Fluent in English, Detail oriented, Gets along well with customers and other employees.
$3,000 cash bonus after six months with the company $3,000 more after one year!
Please browse our services and service area geography to learn more.
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply below or apply here!
John moved to the San Francisco Bay Area in 1985, and became a licensed Plumbing Contractor in 1986. For many years he was an active member and on the Board of Directors for the local Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling Contractors Association (“PHCC”). He also enjoyed several years as an instructor of apprentice programs for the PHCC.
Hydronic Installation Technician:
Job Type: Full-Time Specialty: Commercial,Residential Must be Authorized to Work in the US Company Info Skyline Mechanical, Inc. has been in business for over Fifteen years in the Eagle Valley. We specialize in service, design build HVAC systems, replacement, custom metal fabrication, fireplace installation and air duct cleaning. We strive for excellence in our specialties. Skyline Mechanical, Inc. is a fast growing service and installation company. We have a excellent reputation for performance and as a place to work. The company cares about employees, and insists that employees care about customers. We are dedicated to the community of Eagle County. We support local schools and sports, sponsor several activities throughout the community including Gypsum Daze and Flight Days. Standard Installation hours are from am to pm Monday through Friday. This position is expected to work in excess of 40 hours per week during periods of high demand. Employees are compensated accordingly plus bonuses are available! Benefits of joining our team!
We promote within
Family Owned and Operated
- Get to live, ski, hunt, fish, bike, and enjoy all of the activities that go along with being located in the Rockies Mountains. Also we are less than 2 hours away from all that Denver has to offer.
General Info Looking for a professional craftsman/technician for a busy mechanical company Must have experience with condensing boilers Excellent customer relations skills Good working knowledge of hydronic heating systems Knowledge of controls and wiring for retrofitted heating systems is necessary Duties:
Apply local HVAC codes in a practical manner on each job.
Maintain a positive attitude
Work with co-workers and inspectors to ensure correct work
Be able to reference and read directions pertaining to equipment being installed via the internet
Draw simple diagrams and be able to read blue prints and other diagrams
Be able to complete paper work daily
Keep entire work area neat and organized and free of scrap and debris.
other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service
Valid driver's license
Minimum of 2 years experience Preferred: + 4 Years Commercial and residential HVAC experience + 2 years technical school or 4 years of on the job experience
Nate certified Benefits
Base pay + Bonuses
On going training provided
IPad for work use
Hvac Refrigeration Technician I - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, And Refrigeration Hvacr Technician I
Hvac Refrigeration Technician I - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration HVACR Technician I Hiring department Fac Operations & Maint Monthly salary $3,558+ depending on qualifications Hours per week 40.00 Variable Posting number 18-01-19-01-5310 Job Status Open FLSA status Non-exempt Earliest Start Date 02/01/2018 Position Duration Funding expected to continue Position open to all applicants Location Austin - J. J. Pickle Research Campus (North Austin) Number of vacancies 1 General Notes 40 hours a week, five 8-hour days, or possible four 10-hour days with schedule to be determined with supervisor.
Some overtime, evening, weekends and holidays possible. Hiring decision contingent upon applicant clearing a security background check. Applications will be reviewed online by the hiring department. Required Application Materials
A Resume is required in order to apply
A List of 3 References is required in order to apply. Additional Information Purpose Performs installation, repair, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and components of environmental air conditioning, as well as commercial refrigeration, and process heating and cooling.
Essential Functions Performs preventive and repair maintenance on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, steam, and electronic components of environmental control systems and equipment associated with multi-story commercial and lab buildings. This includes maintenance tasks ranging from changing air filters to replacing electric motors on large air handling units. Driving University owned vehicles to job sites will be required for this and most other functions.
Installs replacement coils, motors, electronics, compressors, thermostats, humidistats, fans, and other components of chilled water and direct expansion environmental control systems to include commercial refrigeration and process heating and cooling. Treats hydronic system loops to maintain water quality. Utilizes measuring instruments such as multimeters, refrigeration gauges, thermo-hygrometers, etc., and applies principles of thermodynamics and physics to resolve issues.
Works with a team under the direction of work leaders to solve complex technical issues with HVACR equipment. Maintains records and prepares reports on repairs and services according to university and regulatory requirements. Reads and interprets drawings and technical manuals.
Works from written and oral instructions. Participates in the on-call program. Licenses: Class "C" Operator's Driver's License.
Applicant selected must provide a current three year Driving Record from the current state of residence. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident. Marginal/Incidental functions Other related functions as assigned.
May be required to drive University vehicle as necessary. Maintain acceptable driver rating as established in University Policy 157, Section 5.4. Required qualifications High school graduation or GED.
Three years of experience as an HVACR technician. Type II or Universal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification. Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Current Class "C" Operator Driver License required. Prior to date of hire, applicant selected must provide a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) showing a driving history going back 36 months.
This includes all states resided in for the past 36 months. MVR will be evaluated to determine eligibility to drive a University-owned vehicle. If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Preferred Qualifications Associate's degree from a technical or vocational school. Experience as a HVACR technician in a commercial or industrial setting.
More than three years of journey level experience. Experience in more than one craft or trade. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot HVACR systems with little or no supervision.
Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment. Demonstrated stable work history. North American Technician Excellence (NATE) service certification or a State of Texas Certified Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician.
Experience at UT Austin or other higher education institution. Working conditions Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished) May work in all weather conditions May work in extreme temperatures May work around chemical fumes May work around standard office conditions May work around biohazards May work around chemicals May work around electrical and mechanical hazards Use of manual dexterity Climbing of stairs Climbing of ladders Lifting and moving Conditions found in mechanical/electrical rooms. May work in elevated spaces/confined areas.
Work from ladders/scaffolds. Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. May require tuberculosis screening and occasional use of a respirator.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position. The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9. You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Information from the documents will be submitted to the federal E-Verify system for verification. Documents must be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in dismissal. UT Austin is a Tobacco-free Campus
Master Heating/ Ventilating/ Air Conditioning/ Refrigerant System Technician
Department: Facilities - reports to the Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing (MEP) SupervisorStatus: FLSA Non-exempt, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
Classification Level: Facilities Pay Level 7, starting rate of $16.23 per hour, with an increase to $16.38 upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period.General DutiesPerforms routine, emergency and preventive maintenance on all HVAC systems, to include large boilers and residential.
Diagnoses systems and components for routine and life cycle repairs. Installs, repairs and replaces all HVAC and related components necessary for efficient and effective operation. Assists with routine, emergency and preventive maintenance for plumbing and electrical systems Maintains tools, supplies and equipment necessary for completion of assigned tasking.
Prepares necessary documentation related to systems operations and maintenance. Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and performing necessary repairs. Prepares necessary documentation related to systems operations and maintenance.
Participates in rotating on-call technician schedule, per department policy and procedures. Complies with all federal, state and local ordinances while performing work Implements lock-out tag-out procedures and all other safety requirements relevant to work. Operates energy management systems.
Reads technical specifications and schematics in order to troubleshoot and maintain equipment. Occasional DutiesAssists other Facilities Department trade groups as needed. Participates in HVAC design reviews.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors. Minimum QualificationsMinimum five years of directly related HVAC work experience in a large plant or campus setting. High School diploma or GED Ability to perform basic mathematical functions; use necessary software; read technical blue prints and schematics.
Thorough knowledge of the following aspects of the job: large steam boiler maintenance and operation principles of refrigeration/air conditioning hydronic heating systems pneumatic control systems computer based energy management systems Good working knowledge of the following aspects of the job: three-phase electrical systems, motors and other equipment, up to 480 volts refrigerant recovery equipment Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and move heavy objects and equipment safely, alone or as part of a team. Must be safely able to climb ladders unassisted to heights of 30 feet. Must have normal color vision.
Must have a valid driver's license at all times, and remain qualified to operate college-owned vehicles. Must be able to operate a forklift and material handling equipment. Physical dexterity and hand-eye coordination are both important.
Be reliably available for mandatory on-call coverage, weekend and special events, and work non-scheduled overtime. Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision Ability to work well both alone and within a team setting Ability to compose a variety of documents and to participate in group discussions and problem solving procedures. Must meet current certification requirements for refrigerant transition and recovery.
Preferred QualificationsCertification by ASHRAE or state licensing agency. At least one semester of college or trade school in HVAC or related subject area. Application InstructionsPlease send a letter of interest; a resume; and the name, position title, email address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:Human Resources Office Earlham College 801 National Road West Richmond, IN 47374-4095Email: thistbeearlham.edu Phone: 765-983-1393The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions.
As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.FULL-TIME/PART-TIME Full-TimePOSITION Master Heating/ Ventilating/ Air Conditioning/ Refrigerant System TechnicianEXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT Non-ExemptREQ NUMBER FAC-17-00016ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham emphasizes the pursuit of truth, lack of coercion, respect for others, openness to new truth, integrity and application of what is known to improving our world. Earlham College and the Earlham School of Religion are located in Richmond, Indiana, a city of about 39,000. Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning.
Approximately 1,200 undergraduate students attend Earlham College on its 800-acre tree-shaded campus. Earlham College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields, as well as permitting self-designed studies and a cooperative program in engineering. Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees also are offered at Earlham College.EOE STATEMENT Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest-quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.This position is currently accepting applications.PI100639657
Plumbing, Heating And Air Conditioning
We are looking for new qualified Mechanical Contractors to join our team!
Within our company you will have the ability to excel within HVAC-R trades and relative construction services. We're a multi-trade construction corporation with in-house carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and HVAC-R contractors.
F.M.A. Has been in business for over 35 years and it's our diversity which allows us to provide year round work for all of our employees. Our client list is vast but most of our workload is awarded by repetitive customers with whom we have constructed relationships with over many decades.
We require 3-5 years experience within Mechanical HVAC-R trades.
Employee provided transportation until after 90 day trial/ success period.
Annual performance reviews, paid vacations, holiday and other possible benefits. Background/ drug screening
- Install and service HVAC equipment and materials. Hydronic and forced air applications.
- Comprehension of power and control wiring systems
- Routine Inspection and Troubleshooting.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in HVAC commercial building systems installation and service.
- General knowledge and familiarity with construction sites and safety practices.
- Certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Trade related hand tools.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Desire to learn and excel at your trade
Hvac Test And Balance Technician
Mechanical or electrical technician will perform testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, using specialized tools, instruments, and test equipment to measure and evaluate functional performance standards specified in equipment and system design specifications. Technician will inspect systems, equipment and assemblies to verify compliance with plans, specifications, and manufacturer’s operating requirements. Responsibilities will include diagnosing airflow and water flow performance issues, adjusting and calibrating system components, and/or replacing system components to achieve optimal system performance. Candidate must demonstrate skill at reading and interpreting system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine proper configuration and tuning of system components. TAB Technician troubleshoots, tests, adjusts, and balances HVAC systems, and investigates system malfunctions and operation deficiencies to determine and resolve airflow and water flow performance problems. Technician position involves extensive computer and paperwork skills to create and maintain test reports and tool utilization matrices. TAB is a quality assurance process that ensures HVAC systems are installed properly and are adjusted to meet design specifications. Extensive on the job training and technician certification will be required as a component of the employment agreement. Scheduling, administration, and supervision will be provided by company owners and other technicians on projects of varying size and complexity. Some travel with overnight stays will be required. Ability to comply with Kentucky Department of Motor Vehicle rules and regulations, crime check, background search, and drug testing will be included elements of the hiring process. Ability to achieve security clearance and desire to learn and advance in the field of HVAC test and balance will be considered advantageous. This is an entry to mid level career opportunity with significant potential for advancement within the corporate structure.
Per the Whole Building Design Guide: “TAB technician designates the person in charge of the TAB work being done on the HVAC system. TAB procedures on a complicated HVAC system require that the TAB technician must be a well-trained, highly-skilled, and knowledgeable individual. This person must know the fundamentals of airflow, hydronic flow, refrigeration, and electricity and be familiar with all types of HVAC temperature controls and refrigeration systems. They must also know how to take pressure, temperature, and flow measurements and be able to perform effective troubleshooting,” as well as thorough and accurate documentation of results].
Synergy Test and Balance 2611 Waterfront Parkway, Ste. 340 ⏐ Indianapolis, IN 46214 ⏐ Tel. (317) 222-1828
Synergy Test and Balance seeks a qualified HVAC Test and Balance Technician to join our experienced team to help support the mechanical test and balance practice in our West Kentucky territory.
Associates degree or technical certificate in HVAC-related field of study
Basic understanding of common mechanical, electrical and control systems
Proven problem-solving ability
Knowledge of commercial HVAC air and water distribution systems
Must be computer literate with word processing and spreadsheet software,
including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Ability to navigate and research on Internet
Good analytical, organizational and planning abilities
Good communication skills, oral and written
Ability to work independently or as part of a project team
Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
Ability to take direction from clients, management and co-workers
Ability to work with a diverse group of people
Ability to prioritize workload based on deadlines
Ability to participate in multiple concurrent projects
Ability to travel (local and out-of-state), including multi-day travel, as needed
Ability to work overtime hours as needed
Proficient in the use of standard office equipment
Physical ability to perform field tasks in existing buildings and on construction
Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field testing
(climb ladders, walk on roofs, work at heights in scissor lifts, etc.)
Valid Driver’s License and clean DMV
Must comply with company and project drug testing
Must pass background/crime check
3 years’ experience in at least one of the following: testing, adjusting and balancing; controls; MEP and control system installation; energy auditing; and/or building systems construction
Basic understanding of sustainability, energy management principals and energy efficiency strategies
Ability to acquire and maintain security clearance for facilities
Associates degree in relevant technical discipline or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Relevant technical certifications or licenses from organizations such as USGBC
(i.e. LEED AP), AABC, NEBB, TABB, and BCxA
Candidate will conduct HVAC test and balance procedures in new construction and renovation/addition projects
Collect and tabulate system test data and make field observations
Analyze system performance for compliance with construction documents
Coordinate closely with other construction trades such as Electrical, Mechanical,
and Temperature Control Contractors, as well as Design Team
Some out-of-town travel required
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee may encounter in a normal office setting and a construction work site. The work environment of a typical office environment requires sitting for long periods of time, working with computers and other office equipment. The work environment for a construction site visit is physically active and may require significant amounts of standing, walking, squatting, stooping, reaching and climbing (i.e. ladders) in the field. Field work will require employee to have mobility, a good sense of balance and manual dexterity. The physical abilities must be met in order to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation requests should be directed to the employee/applicant’s immediate supervisor/manager, corporate officer or human resources representative.
Competitive industry based salary and expenses will be offered commensurate with education, experience, and skill level. Health insurance, life insurance, workman’s compensation and profit sharing/IRA retirement plan is included in this full time career opportunity.
Facility Commissioning Group affords the Owner an unbiased perspective of system installation, operation and performance, and monitors specified systems service and training events. The commissioning process does not alter the responsibilities of design professionals, installing contractors or their vendors, but rather augments the efforts of these parties toward the common goal of achieving a quality product that promotes the delivery of a safe, healthy environment for building occupants by turning over functionally tested systems with appropriate documentation and training for owners and operators.
Facility Commissioning Group bridges the gaps between the Owner, the Design Team, the Construction Team and Vendors using a process employing:
Facility Commissioning Group employs ASHRAE Standard 202 – 2013: Commissioning Process for Buildings and Systems; ASHRAE Guideline 0 – 2005: The Commissioning Process and ASHRAE Guideline 1.1-2007: The HVAC&R Technical Requirements for the Commissioning Process, ASHRAE Guideline 3: Exterior Enclosure Technical Requirements for The Commissioning Process as the bases of our process and our work conforms to the best practices outlined in the Associated Air Balance Council Commissioning Group (ACG) Commissioning Guideline – 2005.
Hvac TAB (Air Balancing) Technician
We will be hiring a highly energetic, self starter and organized TAB Technician for our growing NEBB Certified Testing, Adjusting and Balancing firm based in Auburn, NH. This is a full-time field position and reports to the Project Management team in our office. A minimum of 5 years of testing, adjusting and balancing experience is desired, but we will train the right candidate. Duties consist of, but are not limited to:
- Report to daily assigned job site within New England territory.
- Perform air and hydronic balancing tasks on HVAC systems.
- Use company assigned testing instruments to “balance” the HVAC system.
- We will be following the NEBB procedures and standards as our guide to air and hydronic balancing.
- Occasionally duct air leakage testing.
- Occasionally assisting with the commissioning process.
- Daily reports / input of data in our cloud based software via your I-Pad.
- Frequent communication via email or phone to your project manager on job site conditions and work progress
The successful candidate will be able to spearhead their work independently with minimal direct supervision. The candidate is expected to work well in a team environment as well as alone for various constructions job sites. The technician must be able to multitask and prioritize their daily responsibilities, while keeping a close watch on quality. You ought to possess these qualities, skills and education:
- Highly motivated, energetic for fast paced construction environments.
- Self starter, results oriented, understands the end goal.
- Super positive attitude.
- Works well with other trades on construction job sites
- I-Pad savvy.( All of our field technicians use I-pads to perform their job)
- Must be able to make independent decisions.
- Very detailed.
- No criminal background.
- 100% clean driving record.
- 100% drug free – you will be tested
Education / experience / certifications:
- Minimum of high school degree
- HVAC Associates degree or higher preferred
- Massachusetts sheet metal license preferred
- Testing, adjusting and balancing experience preferred
Benefits: (for full time employees)
- Earned time off
- 401-K retirement package, 100% employer match up 4% of contribution
- Company issued I-pad
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement (after probationary period)
- Health insurance plus optional dental and other insurance options (ex: short-term disability)
- Company vehicle (after probationary period)
Commercial Hvac Systems Technician III
TOP PAY, BENEFITS & SIGN ON BONUS FOR COMMERCIAL HVAC SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN Position is available with Napps Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, a strong progressive 58 year residential, commercial and industrial HVAC/R and plumbing company located in the city of Longview, in the Piney Woods of Northeast Texas. The successful candidate must have experience and proficiency in maintaining and servicing commercial HVAC equipment and systems including package chiller equipment, hydronic system components and associated temperature controls. Specific experience and proficiency must include maintaining and servicing large split and package commercial heating and air conditioning equipment, package chillers with reciprocating and scroll compressors, cooling towers, air and water cooled condensers, boilers, pumps and other hydronic components as well as associated temperature controls.
Competitive compensation related to skills and experience
Fully paid healthcare, dental and life insurance for employee + 401k plan with employer matching
Pretax (Cafeteria) plan
Vacation and holiday pay
Continuing education benefits Call Cindy @ 903-758-6482, X103 (Napps Office) or Fax your resume to 903-758-1118 ATTN: CINDY
Hvac/R Service Technician
• As one team dedicated to personal ownership and service to others, we keep our core values at the root of everything we do:
• Honesty and Truth: The foundation to ever virtue.
• Commitment of Humility: thinking of others before yourself.
• Professionalism: providing thoughtful and reasonable decisions.
• Passion of Hunger: striving to progress and improve.
• Our vision inspires us to act with unmatched professionalism and quality every day.
• With like-minded customers, we strive to deliver smart solutions, comfortable environments and optimal building performance, to achieve our dream of elevating the image and integrity of our industry.
• Wonder why you should Join AMG Inc. Respect and support – technicians and employees rarely find this from their employers. At American Mechanical Group Inc., we pride ourselves in being different from any other HVAC company, not just in the services we provide to our clients, but also in the way we treat our team members.
• Your job is essential. As such it is the desire of American Mechanical Groups Inc.' management, from top to bottom, to have every employee succeed in their job, and provide them with the tools needed to achieve our goals. From the advanced diagnostic tools we use to the competitive salaries and comprehensive AMG Perks Program we offer, we stand ready to support your efforts. After all, our success is made possible by the dedication and hard work of our staff, whose commitment and teamwork help us to achieve excellence every day.
• Anyone can work for any company at any time. We believe it is more enjoyable to be part of a team excelling in a unique industry with the latest technology available to employee's today.
Job Description- Location Columbus, Ohio
• The HVAC Service Technician performs maintenance and service repairs on refrigeration and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, Chiller, Boilers, BAS Systems,
• Essential Duties and
• The HVAC Industrial Service Technician performs maintenance and service repairs on refrigeration and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair refrigeration units of all types. Inspect and operate air conditioning units and machinery to determine that all are functioning properly.
* Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair RTU’S and split systems up to 100 ton in size.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair hot water hydronic systems up to 4million btu’s
* Ability to Troubleshoot Chillers System, Reciprocating, Screw, with all type of configurations of condensers
* Ability to be able to retro-commission HVAC unit/ Refrigeration Units/ Chillers/ BAS systems.
* Has performed Hydronic Balancing, Combustion analysis, Air Balance
• Maintain and repair HVAC systems.
• Read thermometers and gauges; records readings.
• Make adjustments to thermostatic controls and blowers.
• Lubricate and/or service compressors, motors, and other moving parts of HVAC equipment as needed.
• Take responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
• Perform each day’s tasks according to the workorder system as dispatched by the Customer Service Representatives.
• Provide maximum customer service and professional communication to all associates and customers.
• Required Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a complete understanding of the refrigerant cycle, and have a basic electrical knowledge. Must be able to work from plans customary to the trades area, including the ability to understand electrical schematics as they pertain to HVAC systems. Technician must have superior skills in the operation of most basic power and hand tools common to the HVAC trade.
• Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• Apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
• 5 -10 years of experience in the field or in a related area, or completion of credited HVAC school with an associate Degree
• EPA Refrigerant handling certification required
• OSHA certification a plus
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and background check.
• AMG Perks Program
• Medical PPO
• Voluntary Supplemental Life
• Short-Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability
• 401(k) with company Profit sharing
• Company truck / van provided for technicians
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Training
• Associate Referral Program
• Physical Activities and Environment: The following physical activities described are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
• While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to use fine finger movements, read/comprehend, write, and reason and analyze. The associate is frequently required to bend, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, handle objects, push/pull, reach above shoulder level, stand, carry and lift loads over 50 pounds, perform calculations, and communicate orally. The associate is in frequent contact with chemicals/biological agents and water / other liquids. The noise level in the work environment is consistent with construction activities, and may be extreme at times.
• Minimum physical requirements:
• Be able to remove and replace a 24’ ladder on top of a service van.
• Be able to place a 24’ ladder on the side of a building safely.
• Be able to lift 50 lbs above their heads.
• Be able to pull 30 lbs up the side of a building 20’ with a rope.
• Be able to kneel down and sit down on the floor for 30 minutes.
• Be able to bend down and reach your ankles.
• Be able to work in a confined space for minimum of one hour.
• Be able to carry 20 lbs. on back and go up a 24’ ladder.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!