Air Compressor Operator Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Air Compressor Operator
Compressor Station Operator
General Information Reporting to the Operations Team Leader, the Compressor Station Operator operates and maintains compressor station engines and auxiliary equipment, pipelines, and associated facilities; performs related clerical and maintenance duties. Works in a team environment.
*We anticipate filling this position locally, therefore it is not eligible for our cross-border or domestic relocation program.
*The successful candidate will live within either 30 miles or 45 minutes of the reporting facility for emergency response purposes.
Responsibilities + Operates compressor engines, auxiliary equipment, pipelines and associated facilities in assigned area; + Analyzes and determines if engines and equipment are operating properly; + Performs routine maintenance including: lubricates as required, maintains proper oil and water levels, checks temperatures for overheating, adjusts equipment, takes readings and maintains log book of readings and pressures; + Relays readings and pressure information to Gas Control; + Maintains constant alertness for equipment failures and pressure changes; + Works alternating shifts as required; + Using PC and/or hand held device, completes Work Orders, enters data into Job Plans, creates new Work Orders, etc. in SAP and other required systems; + Maintains clean engine room, wipes up all spills, mops, etc; + Performs or assists in pipeline operation and maintenance duties including but not limited to: patrolling for leaks, clearing rights-of-way, repairing leaks, corrosions surveys; + Performs or assists with other periodic duties including but not limited to: chart changing, maintaining drips, equipment inspection, general housekeeping, equipment maintenance/repairs/overhaul, maintenance of grounds/building, travels to and supports other stations as required; + Other tasks as required.
Qualifications & Education
Qualifications + Posess the qualifications, experience and ability to competently and efficiently perform the duties assigned; + Demonstrated effective written & verbal communication skills; + Highly motivated with interpersonal skills to effectively work in a collaborative team environment that includes shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, support team and company objectives, and a willingness to work in all areas required by the team; + Must have the ability to complete tasks and assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, ensuring proper handling and disposition of hazardous waste; + Able to utilizes computers and e-mail for internal and external communication, record keeping, on-line reporting, material and supply ordering, and filing of various forms.; + Able to obtain basic skills in using SAP and other required TransCanada system. Education / Experience + High school graduate or GED required; + One to two years experience in mechanical maintenance; + Basic personal computer (PC) skills, and must have the ability to obtain basic skills in using a hand held computer; + Must be able to obtain basic skills in using SAP and other required TransCanada systems.
*This position requires candidates to: + Have and maintain a valid driver's license; + Provide a driver's abstract for review; + Successfully complete a pre- employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing; + Be available for overtime, extended work hours, and call-outs as needed; + Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations. TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S.
Government. Make what you do matter. At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America. Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Post a Job
Job DescriptionJob Summary:Responsible for operations and maintenance of compressor stations involving electrical and mechanical problems.Job Duties:* Monitor and complete routine inspections on the compressors operational systems (e.g. compressor units, inline heaters, dehydration units, instrument gas/air, fuel gas, filters, cooling water, pumps, etc.).* Perform or assist in all phases of construction, start-up, operation and maintenance of equipment within gas compressor stations.
Operate Compressor to assist others in troubleshooting and repairing unit problems. Complete all required paperwork associated with these duties.
Perform basic maintenance, initial troubleshooting, and minor repairs to Compressor and auxiliary equipment as well as direct other employees in routine operational tasks.
Perform preventative maintenance (oil, filter, belt changes, etc.), troubleshooting, repairing, and overhauling of gas compressors, engines and auxiliary equipment including valves, pumps, injection wells, etc.
Maintains safe operation of equipment and safety of crew as a top priority.
Knowledge of and adherence to pertinent environmental policies.Qualifications:* High school education or equivalent.
Applicable oilfield mechanical or electronic experience preferred.
Must have mechanical and / or electronic aptitude.
Must have a valid operator's license and clean driving record.
Able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Work environment may include moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and moderate to loud noise, requiring consistent use of appropriate PPE.* Able to work in environment where noise level is moderate to loud.
Able and willing to be on call nights, weekends and holidays.Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.Posted by StartWire. Apply now!.
Field Service Technician II - Air Compressor
In 1962, Ring Power Corporation became a full-line Caterpillar dealer in North Florida, and later expanded its authorized territory to include Central Florida.
Today, Ring Power Corporate headquarters in St. Augustine oversees the operations of 18 branch locations throughout the state of Florida, including large regional facilities in Tampa and Orlando and crane and forklift sales and service facilities in Pompano and Miami. Ring Power also has eight facilities outside of Florida - Rhode Island, New Jersey, the Carolinas, Georgia, Texas and California - to serve the needs of other specialized industries and customers.
Ring Power Corporation has become one of the largest Caterpillar dealers in the Southeastern United States through dedication to the mission of customer service. In order to preserve the 'Customers First' reputation that Ring Power was built on, we continually train our employees and work closely with our customers to assure complete satisfaction, especially after the sale.
Currently, more than 1,700 employees at 26 locations throughout Florida and the United States work hard to provide the highest quality construction equipment, backed by responsive, professional service and support at every level.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Diagnoses, repairs, reconditions, and adjusts equipment as required and complete all paperwork on the troubled equipment to which the individual is assigned.
Attends training sessions as required.
Works in a neat, orderly, and safe manner, constantly seeking to improved methods and the safety of others.
Maintains a positive attitude and role model for the other employees to follow.
Maintains a minimum set of tools required for job performance
Cares and maintains company machines/equipment and ensures co-workers are doing the same.
Demonstrates utilization of dealer computer systems, for work orders and other documentation.
Maintains personal company service literature, and maintains a high awareness of technical changes in the industry.
Tests, diagnoses and adjusts equipment failures of equipment.
Repairs or replaces defective parts on machinery/equipment.
Disassembles components and clean parts.
Inspects components to insure maximum parts are being reused to control repair costs
Creates repair estimates and submit information to substantiate quotes and estimates.
Prepares all parts requisitions, time cards, or service reports, as requested by the supervisor. Ensure they are legible and accurate with sufficient detail for service accounting needs.
Monitors job expenses versus repair estimates and ensures that the lead person is aware of any cost over run, prior to the job being completed.
Assist the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must have completed standards outlined in the personnel achievement guideline or have been determined to meet the same qualification by the lead person based on division location.
Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
High School education including a specialized technical course or equivalent years experience as a Technician preferred.
3-5 Years direct Technician experience
Combination of education and experience will be considered
Must posses a valid Class D Driver’s License.
Physical Demands of the Position:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Place the corresponding letter next to each category. “C” Constantly-(6-8 hrs/day), “F” Frequently-(3-6 hrs/day), “O” Occasionally-(up to 3 hrs/day), or “NA” if not applicable. Indicate the appropriate weight where applicable. (ie: Up to 25 lbs., 26-50 lbs. or Over 50 lbs.)
Up to 25 lbs.
Over 50 lbs.
Up to 25 lbs.
Over 50 lbs.
Up to 25 lbs.
Over 50 lbs.
Environmental Conditions of the Position:
Place the corresponding letter next to each category. “C” Constantly-(6-8 hrs/day), “F” Frequently-(3-6 hrs/day), “O” Occasionally-(up to 3 hrs/day), or “NA” if not applicable.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather.
The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
The worker is subject to extreme cold: Temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level
The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the extremities of whole body.
The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to heat and exposure to chemicals.
The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
The worker is required to wear respirator.
The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Post a Job
Mq-8 Air Vehicle Operator Subject Matter Expert
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Training and Experience: Qualified as MH-60 R or S Pilot and achieved MH-60R/S Seahawk Weapons Tactics Program (SWTP) Level III or Aircrew Combat Training Continuum (ACTC) Level III qualification, OR have one year experience working as an MQ-8 SME within the last six months, OR have direct experience in MQ-8 operations in the position as SME within the last two years.
General Skills: Possess sound knowledge of the MQ-8 mission and systems with an understanding of applicable air vehicle operator duties, aircraft systems, operations, and tactics.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance of Secret or above.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all courseware, training materials etc. for commonalities, efficiencies, deficiencies, and submit change recommendations. The review may be on a standing periodic schedule or as the result of USG change request.
- Review submitted change requests to ensure the nature of the change is valid and technically accurate prior to work assignment. In the case of invalid changes, provide an explanation for the rejection. Additionally, recommend additions, deletions or changes to submitted change requests.
- Verify all courseware changes have correctly resolved deficiencies.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Conduct curriculum test item analysis to measure the accuracy of test items and report findings.
- Ensure proper security procedures are followed when working with classified material.
- Assist with metric collection and provide inputs to required reports.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Compressor Service Technician
Requisition Number17-0007 Post Date2/13/2017 TitleCompressor Service Technician CityOdessa StateTX DescriptionJ-W Power Company, an industry leader for over 50 years, provides leasing, sales, parts and service of natural gas compression equipment, in both standard and custom packages. Our greatest asset is our culture, our people and the significant role each employee plays in the success of the organization.
Experience the opportunity to grow with the largest privately-owned compression fleet organization in the United States. Summary: This position is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and overhauling natural gas compressor packages in the field or shop. Responsibilities also include installing, commissioning and testing complete compressor package setups on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned. • Performs scheduled preventive and corrective field mechanical service on gas compression units. • Represents the company in a professional manner at all times and provides outstanding customer service while performing all assigned tasks. • Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily. • Inventory control – manages the supply, storage and accessibility of parts as well as tools in order to insure an adequate supply to do the work without excessive oversupply or shrinkage. • Diagnose engine/compressor failures accurately and efficiently. • Conduct timely rebuilds/overhauls of compressors, engines and controls on gas compressor packages in the field or shop. • Respond to recurring problems and emergency services, as needed. • Helps coordinate setting of new units and conducts start-up testing. • Other duties may include mechanical as well as electrical assignments in regards to natural gas compressor systems and their appliances. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. RequirementsQualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
A minimum of one year in a vocational/technical training or apprenticeship program is preferred. Computer Skills: Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications: • Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of diesel or gas engines and compression units. • Motivated self-starter capable of working independently and efficiently with little or no supervision. • Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. • Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees. • Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: • Valid driver's license. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes.
Post a Job
Compressor Plant Operator
This opportunity is located approximately 45 minutes from Cheyenne, Wyoming.
The Compressor Plant Operator is multi-skilled position that is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and record keeping of gathering system compressor stations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily operation, documentation, and housekeeping of compressor stations with reciprocating natural gas compressors.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining required reports and logs.
- Monitor and adjust equipment to maintain optimum availability, efficiency, and throughput.
- Responsible for performing minor maintenance on engines, compressors, dehydrators, vapor recovery units, flares, separators, slug catchers, air compressors, and cooling fans.
- Daily condensate tank liquid handling and truck scheduling.
- Work with craft personnel to ensure any equipment/system problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reporting, troubleshooting, and correcting, abnormal operating conditions.
- Responsible for coordinating and monitoring activities of contract personnel assigned to the area.
- Identify emergency situations and initiate Emergency Response Procedures.
- Promote a safe work environment, implement current safety policies and ensure environmental policies and regulatory compliance are being met
- May be required at some locations to monitor meters and gauges to maintain correct temperature, pressure and flow of gas through system.
Education/Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history in the energy industry and/or technical training in mechanical or electrical field.
Technical & Personal Skills
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Have experience with SCADA, and control systems I.E Delta V, Wonder Ware, Cygnet, Kimray; basic computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety including complying with state and federal regulations.
- Must demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and repair all types of mechanical equipment as well as good verbal/written communication skills, decision making skills and a strong work ethic.
- Willing to work callouts, holidays, and weekends. Must live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job assignment.
- Willing to work at more than one specific station; work well within a team environment and/or independently with limited supervision if needed. Ability to interface positively with land owners, corporate contacts and other field personnel.
- Must be able to read prints, drawings and technical manuals and possess the ability to prepare technical reports.
- Must have dexterity in the use of tools and equipment; required to climb about equipment and work at various heights; Able to use physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Able to work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position and work in confined spaces; able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lite up to 50 lbs. , manually transport a load up to 75 lbs. and apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must be able to react to conditions, alarms, and beacons using olfactory senses.
- Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Work indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Work in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Must wear special safety equipment (PPE) while working.
About Summit Midstream
Summit Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: SMLP) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on developing, owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets that are strategically located in the core producing areas of unconventional resource basins, primarily shale formations, in the continental United States. Our assets comprise over 3,100 miles of pipeline which enable us to provide natural gas, crude oil and produced water gathering services pursuant to primarily long-term and fee-based gathering and processing agreements with our customers and counterparties across the continental United States.
Not yet ready to apply? Thats okay! Learn more about us by following us on LinkedIn.
Summit Midstream Partners will not pay a fee of any kind to any third party agency without a valid Summit Midstream Partners Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, application or other form of candidate submission to any employee of Summit Midstream Partners, without a valid MSA on file, will be considered property of Summit Midstream Partners and no fee will be paid.
Rapid Air Machine Operator
Job DescriptionMust have the following in order to apply:High School Diploma or equivalent
No minimum experience required
Ability to read blue prints, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring equipment
Preferred Skills:One to three (1-3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Job Description:The Machine Operator is responsible to assemble, repair, and fabricate metal parts by operating mechanical equipment.Duties and Responsibilities:Performs typical machine shop and press operations
Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows all safety regulations
Work Environment:Manufacturing.Days & Hours: Full Time position; 1st shift; 40 hours per week.Pay:Depends on experience.
Benefits are offered.Company DescriptionLeader Tech, a worldwide manufacturer of electronic components, is seeking candidates for a position in our Customer Service department. The position is located at our facility in Oldsmar, FL.
Post a Job
Air Operations Specialist
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients. The Air Operations Specialist position is a Seasonal full-time position available in support of the National Science Foundation and SPAWAR Office of Polar Programs. SRC's Antarctic program provides air traffic control, meteorology, and ground electronics maintenance services in Antarctica with cyclic deployments during the operational season from August through February. This position is for Seasonal employment from approximately 15 July 2017 to 1 March 2018 working in the Remote Operations Facility (ROF) in Charleston, SC. The Air Operations Specialist will be responsible for assembling and distributing Integrated Flight Management (IFM) packages, updating/canceling and generating NOTAMS, administrative duties and taking VFR fixed wing aircraft position reports operating in uncontrolled airspace. This is an administrative position supporting air traffic control operations. Will work second shift 12:00 - 8:00 pm Sunday through Friday at the ROF. PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build IFM packages for flights to and from McMurdo Station, Antarctica
- Update/cancel and generate NOTAMS as needed
- Update daily airfield status reports as needed
- Track and maintain a log of VFR fixed wing air traffic in communication with the ROF
- Provide weather information to pilots via phone, iridium or text messaging
- Coordinate arrival and departure information of Baslers and Twin Otter aircraft at outlying camps in Antarctica with McMurdo Center
- Answer phones and assist ROF air traffic controllers as needed
- Coordinate with and assist flight crews Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. [*MON *CB] MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of two (2) years of experience with an Aviation or radio dispatcher background to include the following:
- Visual Flight Rules (VFR) traffic monitoring
- Knowledge of ATC rules
- Regulations, and techniques
- Receiving and updating fixed wing position reports
- Providing assistance to pilots with weather updates
- Updating all flight following logs DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel and Word
- Clear speaking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED TO BE SENSITIVE AND REQUIRES A FAVORABLE POSITION OF TRUST DETERMINATION FROM THE US GOVERNMENT TO HAVE BEEN ISSUED IN THE LAST TEN YEARS. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HOLD THIS DETERMINATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our core values â€” integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership â€” are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeakeâ€™s performance among our E&P competitors.SummaryMechanics will set, maintain, repair and operate compressors in their respective area for MidCon.Job DescriptionTasks, Duties & ResponsibilitiesPerforms repair work and overhauls on engines, pumps, vehicles, equipment, gas turbines, gas compressors, mechanical seals, and parts associated with these items.Examines and troubleshoots equipment for defects in operation and purposes best course of action.Maintains optimum performance and reliability of equipment.Schedule contractors, coordinate system shutdowns, perform lockout/tagout, starting and stopping of equipment.
Equipment checks and PSM work.Conducts routine repairs and preventative maintenance on engines, ancillary equipment, and production related equipment using hand and pneumatic tools.Cleans, lubricates, and performs other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.Performs all work in a safe manner using proper techniques for operating tools and equipment.Provides related reports, service records, time sheets, and safety documentation as required.Trains and mentors less experienced mechanics.Able to supervise and advise staff as needed. Performs other duties as assigned. Education, Licenses and CertificationsHigh school diploma or GED required.Vocational or technical training in related field preferred.
Work Experience1-3 years of related work experience required.SkillsCore Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesDemonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team. Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge of engines and other production related equipment.Knowledge of the maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of various types of oilfield equipment.Knowledge of gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure machinery is in proper working order.Knowledge of electrical skills.Ability to operate vehicles and equipment in accordance with company policy and safety procedures.Ability to read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.Ability to furnish and utilize hand tools and equipment necessary to perform mechanical repairs.Ability to think critically and evaluate solutions.Ability to effectively troubleshoot complex mechanical issues to resolution. Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.Our commitment to responsibly developing oil and natural gas in the Lone Star State begins with minimizing our environmental impact. We recycle produced water wherever possible using our Aqua Renew program and focus on collaborative, sustainable solutions to protect Texas resources.
With growing operations from the Eagle Ford to the Barnett, we are among the stateâ€™s top three producers of oil and natural gas. Our investment in the communities where we live and work are also about people, and we proudly employ Texans and contract with Texas businesses. Nearest Major Market:
San Antonio Job Segment: Mechanic, Electrical, Oil Field, Sustainability, Operations, Engineering, Energy .
Post a Job
Senior Manager-Product Development - Compressors
The Senior Manager of Product Development will be responsible for developing best-in-class product enhancements that deliver superior functional performance and great value. As a member of the senior leadership team, this role will collaboratively synchronize product initiatives with the marketing, global sourcing, and merchandising groups. The highest levels of product functionality, quality, and speed to market are critical components in the success of position.
The Senior Manager will provide product management and leadership to a global product group in California and a development team in China. Success will be measured relative to launching the new assortment of Auto Paint Sprayer products to the market based on the development schedule.
The Senior Manager will lead, direct, review, approve product design and make detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities, analyze technology, resource needs, market demand, and to plan and assess the feasibility of projects; approximately 50% to development of new products and 50% on existing product with sustaining, updates, customization and redesign.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Industry leading expertise on the Compressor market; including industrial, commercial, and residential uses
- Lead cross functional product development teams and execute targeted development calendars to ensure that product processes ultimately achieve performance, quality and time to market goals.
- Deliver best in class product features that increase top line sales, reduce returns, and drive brand equity.
- Ensure compliance with core company values and consistently drive improvement while championing transparent collaboration with other key stake holders in the business.
- Lead initiatives to develop preventative action plans and catch-all processes to keep quality and performance levels consistent.
- Lead the development process for existing product performance improvements and quality enhancements to compete with market leaders.
- Identify market opportunities for new product development projects to drive larger market share
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss product/project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of products/projects.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Create a motivated and empowered team – team building & employee development.
- Develop the Welding Product Line-develop and modify products.
- Assess current global development team, in progress projects, the product roadmap and historical project delivery, tollgate process outcomes, and other products.
- BS Engineering or similar undergraduate degree.
- Understands how Development Engineering fits in the manufacturing business (Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales, and Marketing).
- Prefer product development experience
- 8-10 years of related product development experience including a solid understanding of testing standards and regulatory compliance standards: UL, CSA, ANSI, etc.
- Willingness to travel and work in China with excellent cultural sensitivity as well as genuine appreciation and respect for cultural differences
- Experience leading global development teams, and a proven history of creating processes that deliver winning products to market
- A track record of successfully partnering with multiple cross functional key stakeholders, and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Extensive problem solving experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience evaluating tools, offshore factories, and manufacturing processes in order to perform root cause analysis and implement sustainable solutions to improve product quality and performance
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop employees
- Ability to travel frequently within China to various supplier manufacturing sites
- Ability to walk factory manufacturing operations and spend considerable time on the factory floor
- The candidate must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices, without endangering the health or safety of self or others.