Air Compressor Operator Job Description Sample
Air Compressor Service / Maintenance Technician
Growing compressor company is currently seeking a self-motivated field Service Technician to perform general maintenance and repairs on air compressor and related equipment. We service all major OEM brand air compressors from 5 to 5,000 horsepower.
The ideal candidate would be a self-sufficient, hardworking, honest and motivated individual with the desire to provide the best solutions for our customer’s maintenance and repair needs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Perform all maintenance and service on compressed air systems for customer in the Mid to North Georgia territory. Primarily Rotary Screw.
· Be fully capable of preparing all work orders, time sheets, and expense reports accurately, neatly, and timely.
· Assist in shop jobs including tear down, inspection and rebuilds of complete units.
· Self-disciplined and able to work without direct supervision.
· Mechanical assembly/disassembly abilities
· Electrical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
· Communication w/ Technical Department to identify solutions to problems on compressors, vacuum pumps and systems, blowers and parts.
· Provide outstanding customer service.
Successful Candidate will have:
· A great work ethic and strong customer service skills
· A strong electrical/plumbing mechanical aptitude.
· Good driving record (Mandatory)
· Must have own hand tools.
· Refrigeration certification a plus.
· 2-3 years of solid field experience involving installations, PM, and repair of equipment.
· Excellent communications and problem solving skills.
· Computer skills, Windows familiar.
We offer company service truck, cell phone, tablet computer, and an excellent compensation and benefits package.
National Compressor Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Service Technician - Air Compressor And Refrigeration
We are looking for a Service Technician - Refrigeration And Air Compressor to join our team! You will install, service, and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs on Air Compressor and Dryers
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in Comprssors or HVAC or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Experienced Industrial AIR Compressor Technician
~~Experienced Industrial Air Compressor Service technician to install, repair, and maintain industrial air compressors and related equipment - North Central Texas area. Knowledge of reciprocating and rotary screw/vane air compressors a must - service, repair, installation, and operation. Must have forklift experience. Additional skills that are not required, but are preferred:
- Electrical knowledge
- Plumbing installation
- Customer service
Must have clean driving record and be able to pass a drug test.
Salary commensurate with experience and competitive with industry, bonus incentives (continuing education, financial, and additional earned time off). Health insurance, vacation (10-12 paid holidays including birthday. Additional vacation earned after first year of employment), uniforms provided, limited overtime and weekends.
COME GROW WITH US!!
Air Compressor Technician
Air Compressor Service Technician
Air Specialty specializes in the sales , service, and rental of industrial air compressors. We are now hiring outside service technicians for our San Antonio location!
Applicants must have 2-3 years solid field service experience performing installations, preventative maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment, preferably in industrial air compressors. Do not apply if you do not have experience working on rotating equipment, Air Compressors, generators, pumps, electrical, etc
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all maintenance and service on compressed air systems for customers in the Corpus Christi and or San Antonio area, including after hours' emergencies.
- Prepare all work orders, timesheets, and expense reports accurately/completely, neatly and timely
- Assist with evaluation of Air Specialty products for warranty, rebuilding and maintenance purposes.
- Seek new service work and parts/accessory sales.
- Be responsible for the up-keep of all tools used for servicing compressors and related items.
- Communicate with Technical Department to find alternatives and solutions to problems on parts, compressors, pumps & vacuum units.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years solid field service experience performing installations, preventative maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment, preferably compressors
- A strong electrical/plumbing/mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to be self-directed in order to perform with little supervision
- Owning hand tools
- Computer skills (Required)
- A good driving record (Required)
- Refrigeration certification (a Plus)
- Great outlook, driven to keep focus on #1 priority, the customer.
- Competitive salary
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off
Air Compressor Sales Technician
F.P. Miller Co., who has been serving the industrial and manufacturing markets for over 70 years, is seeking an Air Compressor Sales Technician to work in Jackson, MI!
Air Compressor Sales Technician responsibilities:
- Marketing, buying and selling industrial air compressors, air dryers and accessories.
- Foster prospects into customers.
- Maintain and build customer relationships.
- Communicate with customers and take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of their air system projects.
- Occasional field service work, to evaluate customer’s air system problems.
- Field inquiries and take orders.
- Other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- All work performed in the Jackson, MI area or adjacent areas.
Read the requirements below and APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
Air Compressor Sales Technician must meet the following requirements:
- A working knowledge in; repairing, servicing and trouble-shooting Industrial Air Compressors and Air Dryers.
- Have managerial and customer relationship skills in scheduling manpower and dealing with customers and venders issues.
- Have application and usage knowledge in; Rotary Screw, Rotary vane and Reciprocating Air Compressors and in Refrigerant and Desiccant Air Dryers
- Possess good communication skills, to deal directly with customers and team members.
- Must have a valid driver license with dependable transportation. Having a chauffeur’s license is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Skilled Trades School Certificate in any connected field, OR an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be able to pass a Pre-employment physical and drug screen\test.
- Must be a United States Citizen or have a valid green card.
If you have experience as an Air Compressor Sales Technician, then we want YOU to Apply Now!
Air Compressor Service Technician
Air Compressor Service Technician
Associated Compressor & Equipment is Central California’s leading provider of industrial grade reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Proudly established in 1966 and celebrating 50 years of continuous operation, Associated Compressor is proud to be an integral part of the Central Valley’s thriving industrial and agricultural communities.
We are currently looking for Service Technicians to join our team!
Air Compressor Service Technician – Fresno, CA
Basic Function: Perform regular preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Diagnose malfunctioning system components, recommend repairs, and ensure equipment is maintained according to factory specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers
- Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer’s entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc.
- Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs
- Completely fill out all work orders, start-up forms, warranty forms, oil sample forms, and parts return slips
- Train and assist other Service Technicians
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
- Set, install, and pipe compressor systems as needed
- Participate in a rotating 24/7/365 on-call pool with other Technicians as scheduled by the Service Manager
- Complete all paper work and clerical/office responsibilities.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years refrigeration experience with license preferred.
- Technical training or related work experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair skills
- Must be able to work well with others on the jobsite as well as on the phone
- Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift
- Must supply all basic required tools
Job Type: Full-time
Shop Service Technician - Air Compressor
Industrial Air Centers, Inc. (lAC Services Group) is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Service Technician to work in-house at our Jeffersonville, IN branch.
lAC is an industrial distributor of compressed air and vacuum products, parts, service, installation, and energy management solutions for customers in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. Founded in 1991, lAC has distinguished itself by approaching compressed air as one of industry's most critical resources. Our engineering group provides a wide variety of options and products to assist customers in reducing energy costs. lAC has also expanded to offer products and services to the industrial and commercial power generation market.
Product factory service training is provided to stay on top of all new technology.
The candidates chosen would become part of our in-house service team which includes but is not limited to, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing industrial air compressors, compressed air and power generating equipment in our Jeffersonville, IN branch.
Qualified candidates must:
lAC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Benefits include medical/dental/life/disability insurance and 401K. Salary is commensurate with experience. Candidate must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record. Pre-employment and annual drug screening is required, as we are a Drug Free Workplace.
Our associates are the best in the business by being driven, dedicated, knowledgeable and committed to excellence.
Apply through this website
Or you can mail your resume to: Industrial Air Centers, Inc.
Attn: Don Vogt/Confidential
731 E. Market St.
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
No phone calls or faxes please.
Senior Air Compressor Technician
Lans Company Inc. is based in Glendora, California and has over 50 years of experience providing turnkey compressed air solutions to our customers. We service multiple industries in areas ranging from vacuum systems, electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration; its employees have over 30 years of experience in the industry. Our high quality, business-operating standards ensure our customers receive the best service possible.
Lans Company is recruiting for a SeniorAir Compressor Technician familiar with Quincy, Curtis, and
$30 - $40 per hour (salary based on experience)
Job type: Senior Air Compressor Technician - Full Time
Benefits: Company truck, health/ dental/ vision Insurance, 401k Plan, paid sick days, holiday, and vacation
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Detail-oriented work style, follow-through, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and respect for customers, team members and superiors a must!
- Quality workmanship, strong work ethic, adaptable and logical
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Complete service and installation work orders and reports
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair of reciprocating (pistons) and rotary screw drives. Diagnose malfunctioning system components, recommend repairs, and ensure equipment is maintained according to factory specifications
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures that include the correct use of personal and protective equipment
- Provide on-call emergency service as required and maintain communication with the department manager while in the field
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- At least 10+ years' experience with electrical and general maintenance of air compressors
- Must have own tools
- Must have a valid California driver’s license with a safe driving motor vehicle record and must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Participate in a rotating 24-hour on call schedule for emergency service/repairs that includes rotating weekends
- Preference is given to those candidates able to be on call and travel for work.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, college preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of reciprocating compressors, rotary screw, rotary vane, oil-free compressors, oil-flooded, and oil-less.
- Controls experience
- Ability to identify types of motors and diagnose motor issues.
If you have these qualifications and you are an experienced technician looking for a team environment, we want to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical: 10+ years of experience
- Air Compressor: 8+ years of experience
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
Industrial Air Compressor Technician
Brehob Corporation has been serving the Industrial and Manufacturing market for over 60 years with industry leading products and engineering solutions. Brehob Corporation is a leader in products, systems, applications expertise, service and repair. We are seeking experienced Industrial Air Compressor Technicians to join our team at our Indianapolis, Indiana location. If you are an Industrial Air Compressor Technician with experience in installation, maintenance, repair, preventative maintenance, along with refrigeration maintenance experience, this is your opportunity to advance your career. Brehob Corporation offers a 40+ hour week, top pay and benefits.
- Responsible for assembling, installing, servicing, repairing compressed air equipment in commercial, industrial, hospital and school settings.
- Determines root causes of equipment breakdowns, testing with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling, makes necessary repairs, performs preventative maintenance on compressed air equipment.
- Connecting control panels and programming to ensure efficient operation and connection of control panels to power source. Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams. Responsible for working on 3 phase electrical systems.
- Solid working knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans, working drawings.
- Conforms to job site safety requirements as well as the ability to complete company safety specific orientation.
- High standard of integrity, professionalism and complies with drug free work environment requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have current valid drivers license.
Job Type: Industrial Technician
Experience: At least 2 year(s)
Brehob Corporation is a federal government contractor. As such, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Boiler & Compressor Operator
/This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc./ At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, molded-fiber packaging, and plastic film. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com. Boiler & Compressor Operator duties include:
Safely – Work safely following OSHA guidelines and Pactiv rules.
Operate or tend stationary engines and boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors and air-conditioning equipment, in order to supply and maintain steam for the plant.
Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation, in order to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
Test boiler water quality or arrange for testing; and take any necessary corrective action, such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions, and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely. Conducts scheduled safety checks and PMs of boiler and related equipment.
Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of systems and/or industrial processes.
Maintain supplies required for operation and maintenance of boilers and related equipment
Coordinate with Maintenance Manager to prepare all related equipment for regulatory inspections.
Interact with and assist Maintenance Manager to respond to requests from outside (state and/or local government) agencies that perform inspections of equipment in order to maintain boiler certifications.
Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Responsible for housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility to ensure a safe, clean and neat work environment.
Conduct safety/security walk arounds and gate control during off-shifts and weekends.
Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications include:
Should be knowledgeable in pneumatics, blue/schematic print reading (mechanical/electrical), welding, using shop equipment, and fabrication.
Should possess electrical background with experience in troubleshooting and must be familiar with AC and DC drives and PLC’s. * 2 - 3 years related experience is preferred.
Demonstrated problem solving and electrical and mechanical skills are also required.
Ability to communicate in English clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
Will use computer to enter data and maintain data for reports. Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations, outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiters and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. #LI-TM1 "IND1P" #ZR
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!