Air Conditioning Coil Assembler Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Air Conditioning Coil Assembler
Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning
Opening: HEATING, VENTALTION, AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) CONTRACTOR SUPPORT (HVACCS)
Puerto Rico & U.S Virgin Islands
Pay: TBD; (1) Year Project with option to renew
Benefits: Direct Deposit; Medical, Dental, Vision
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 5 years of experience in the field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May report directly to a supervisor or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Fire protection systems experience is required, including FM-200, aqueous film forming foam (AFFF), and water sprinklers. EPA 608 Certification (CFC Certificate), and Refrigeration Operators License is required. The HVACCS shall have the ability to drive a motorized vehicle and possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
· The work requires knowledge of complex heating systems; steam production and distribution systems; and the systems that supply steam to propel turbines and generators that provide power.
· Must be able to trace and locate equipment failure and perform complex repairs on large expensive components and equipment.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of refrigeration and air conditioning practices including understanding pneumatic, electronic, and electrical control circuits.
· Must have full working knowledge of various types of ventilating systems including steam, electrical gas and oil-fired types.
· Read blueprints, specifications or sketches. Solves problems using arithmetic or practical mathematics. Uses test instruments related to the trade.
· Must be familiar with refrigerant liquids, their characteristic, proper operating pressures and temperatures at either saturated for super heated conditions and safe handling.
· Must know brazing and soldering techniques.
· Must be able to operate assigned motor vehicle on the job (pick-up truck).
· Must have knowledge of environmental laws and regulations and must be certified on Freon recovery equipment. The work requires refrigeration cycle knowledge in order to diagnose a variety of large complex commercial and industrial air-conditioning systems and to make extensive repairs quickly so that inoperative time can be kept to a minimum.
· Must be able to repair or build major units (e.g. pumps, impellers, compressors, chillers, evaporators, etc.) and place them back in the system and fine tune the components to achieve the proper balance.
· Must have the ability to interpret and apply building plans, blueprints, diagrams and engineering drawings and uses formulas.
· Must have skills in the use of hand tools and a wide variety of trade equipment.
· The HVACCS works from ladders, scaffolding and platforms, and where parts of the systems worked on are hard to reach places. The works requires considerable standing, climbing, stooping, bending, stretching and working in cramped, awkward positions. Frequently lists, carries, and set up items weighting up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may lifts items weighting over 50 pounds with assistance or use of materials handling equipment.
· The HVACCS shall receive assignments in the form of work orders oral instructions, or follows established maintenance schedules, which identify the equipment to be repaired and the nature of work to be accomplished to install, operate, inspect, maintain and, repairs, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems station wide. Systems include a central steam distribution system, diesel, natural gas, propane, and kerosene fired space heating systems, general and special purpose air conditioning systems, ice machines, refrigerators, and freezers, (household type and commercial walk-in), display cases, water coolers, ice cream cabinets, beverage dispensers, beer coolers, salad bars.
· The HVACCS perform full range of work involved in the repair, overhaul, maintenance and servicing of industrial and domestic reach-in and walk-in refrigerators; air-conditioning units and systems; ventilating systems, freezers; water coolers; dehumidifiers and related equipment; and cold storage and cold room equipment. Diagnose and locate malfunctions.
· Check heating, ventilating refrigeration, and air conditioning systems ensure that systems are operating properly. Read and calibrate gauges, thermostats and thermometers. Check expansion coils for excessive ice formation, listens for unusual noises. Check oil refrigerant level in systems and checks piping and fittings for refrigerant leaks. Check air filters for cleanliness, operation of fans, dampers, louvers, and control of air movement.
· Test and treat water in closed heating and cooling systems and water-cooled condensers to control deposit of soil and algae.
· Install maintain, replace and/or adjust as necessary compressors, pumps, blowers, fans, copper tubing, heat exchange equipment, various types of valves, filters, and dryers, pressures control devices, temperature, humidity, and air control devices of both electrical and pneumatic types.
· Repair troubleshoots, and install large complicated heating units and systems including oil and gas fired low and higher-pressure boilers, steam production and distribution plans and turbine and generator power plants.
· These heating and power units include a variety of complex auxiliary components, automatic controls, circulating systems, super-heaters, pre-heaters economizers, etc. installs new heating plants, boilers, furnaces, piping, pumps and controls, and connects new equipment to existing facilities.
· Install, maintain and repair steam traps, pressure reducing valves, temperature controlling valves, heat exchangers, steam heating systems.
· Secure and connect to piping systems, steam fuel, and fixtures such as radiation, oil or natural gas fired heating units and heaters, risers, flexible branches, expansion joints, pressure regulators, pumps and control valves. Joins, seals, and tests systems and equipment for proper pressure and leak free joints.
· Calibrates and repairs pneumatic control systems related to steam or hot water heating systems.
· Cleans and repairs heating exchangers and heating coils.
· The HVACCS shall work alone or with other workers to perform simple or complex tasks while following appropriate and safe procedures. Responsible for reporting to the workload manager all discrepancies or unsatisfactory performance of equipment as well as unsafe conditions.
· Must be familiar and comply with all safety regulations.
· Must wear appropriate safety equipment.
· Visual and sensory perception along with hand-eye coordination is required to operate equipment, detect deficiencies and make repairs; diagnose problems; and make installment of devices, equipment, parts, etc.
At HPC, we change lives by developing, managing and delivering innovative workforce solutions that exceed the expectations of government entities and private employers. Let us put you to work!
Core And Coil Assembler
2nd and 3rd shift
Must train, develop skills, and demonstrate proficiency in all of the following work center areas: E- Assembly, Core & Coil Assembly, Booster Assembly, Cleat and Leads, and Internal Wiring. In addition, may be required to perform repairs inside & outside of tanks in Department 32 and Department 36, as well as train other less experienced employees.
- Receive assignments and instructions from supervisor - both verbal and written. Follows drawings, Bill of Materials, and other established manufacturing procedures. Coordinate and communicate with supervision, planning, and Quality.
- Stretch and set up core.
- E assemble all windings to the Core.
- Cut fix and spread core clamps.
- Set up Pressing equipment and Press unit to Engineering Specifications.
- Lock in unit.
- De-rig and Top Yoke.
- Pull-in and complete Core & Coil Assembly for pre-lead ratio/inspection.
- “Opr. 35” outer cylinders, end pack out, footbars and phase barriers.
- Crimp & insulate connections.
- Assemble Cleat & Leads Assemblies to unit (HV, LV, Top racks).
- Build and assemble Booster Unit complete (set up core/e-assembly through wiring) as needed.
- Will, as required, perform repair work on oiled component in and out of the tank.
- Resistance Braze Coil Conductor Leads & Cleat & Lead connections as required.
- Make minor repairs and machine maintenance. Write work orders for the repair of tooling and equipment.
- Layout and assemble Cleat and Lead Racks for mains and boosters.
- Assemble NLTC to cleats
- Braze subassemblies (terminal blocks, bus bars, external assemblies, etc.) as required.
- Forward all paperwork to responsible personnel as required.
- Contamination control, vacuum, magnetic seeps and preventable measures.
- Keep tools, equipment and work area clean and orderly. Follows all safety procedures.
- Perform other work as required.
TOOLS AND MACHINERY:
Brazing equipment, wire and cable cutters, grinders, disc sander, band saw, portable scaffolding and steps, hydraulic crimpers, hydraulic jacks, pressing equipment, air pallets, chains, hooks, clamps, coil lifting spiders, overhead and jib crane, table saw, shears, various hand tools and others.
Wood, cotton and crepe tape, connectors, metal and fiber bolts, and threaded stock, paper and fiber tubes, cable, buss bars, glue, pressboard, switch gear, silver solder, cleat and lead assemblies, assorted conductors of various size, top yoke, core assembly, windings, wood supports, spacer rings, insulating material, wood blocks and others.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company!
Design Release Engineer- Air Conditioning Lines And Compressors Job
The Design Release Engineer is responsible for designing and releasing air conditioning lines and compressors for FCA applications. The Engineer will work with other engineering areas and suppliers to route air conditioning lines and package the compressor within the engine box.
The designs must meet packaging objectives for clearances, pressure drop, service, and manufacturing. The Design Release Engineer will work with on-site designers, attend packaging meetings, provide launch support at the assembly plant, and coordinate with suppliers. The selected candidate will also be responsible for change management, EBOM, cost and mass imperatives; manage and support DV/PV testing with the supplier to meet program timing; determine root cause of issues using Design for Six Sigma and write appropriate change notices. Travel as required to assembly plants and suppliers within NAFTA region.
Basic Qualifications: * A minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university required; other Engineering degrees with equivalent experience will be considered * A minimum of 3 years of experience in HVAC * Experience other plumbing and HVAC design experience (fuel lines, cooling lines, HVAC Modules, etc.) * Experience with NX and TeamCenter
Experience with Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) * Experience with Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R;) * Self-starter and motivated to produce results and stay on schedule
Excellent communication skills
Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications: * Minimum of 5 years in HVAC with knowledge of refrigerant systems
Experience with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) * Experience with root cause analysis
Automotive assembly plant experience FCA US is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off.
We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Job Number: S660 Location: Auburn Hills, MI Date Posted: 3-3-2017
Post a Job
Coil Winder / Prototype Assembler
Coil Winder / Prototype Assembler SUMMARY As a member of the Model Shop team, the Coil Winder plays an important role in the development of new products and electronic designs. Working directly with Design Engineers and Engineering Technicians, the Coil Winder assembles transformer and coil assemblies in accordance with drawings, procedures, manufacturing instructions, BOM’s, and ECN’s and assists with the assembly of prototype units.
This position could be flexible to part time for the right candidate. RESPONSIBILITIES + Follow techniques used in the process of transformer and coil assembly + Maintain records of assembly, progress and problems + Consult with supervisor on department scheduling + Report work status and design questions to supervisor and relevant engineer + Consult with supervisor, engineering, or manufacturing engineering on complex projects + Work with minimal supervision REQUIREMENTS + High School Diploma or equivalent; AA degree preferred + 7+ years’ experience in electronics or electro-mechanical assembly + Basic knowledge of computers and their use in manufacturing + Previous experience working in a prototype environment is desired + Required to lift approximately 50 lbs WORKING CONDITIONS Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 40 pounds.
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses and work boots. Will be working with units producing high voltages, which may also produce x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment. Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.
Post a Job
We are looking for several sturdy Assemblers to join one of our Client's teams for first and second shift!
- Assists in bundle assembly set-up under the training of senior assemblers and supervision of a lead person.
- Assists in tub installation of bundle assemblies under the training of senior assemblers and supervision of a lead assembler.
- Uses various hand tools and small power tools under the training of senior assemblers and supervision of a lead person.
- Installs shoulder access plugs and NPT plugs under the training of senior assemblers and supervision of a lead person.
- ability to pass a drug test
- 6+ months of manufacturing experience, preferably with the responsibilities listed above
Great company with immediate openings, so apply TODAY!
Contact your local HireCall office or apply online at www.hirecall.com.
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration - Inside Wholesale Sales
United Refrigeration is seeking an industry experienced person to fill an inside counter sales position at our Raritan NJ branch. Candidate must possess top customer service skills, enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and working as a team to support our customers. To join the industry leader forward resume or apply online at www.uri.com
Heating & Air Conditioning Service Technician
We are looking for an HVAC Service Technician to join our team! You will service and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in HVAC
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Journeyman License
Heating AND AIR Conditioning Technician
AT LEAST 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
READY TO START NOW
PLEASE CONTACT ARMEN
Heating & Air Conditioning Installer & Assistance Needed
Heating & Air Conditioning Installer and Install Assistance Needed in Gwinnett
J.R. Bolton Services, Inc began in 1983 with one major goal – to provide our customers with the highest quality home energy products and customer service. We are able to use our 32 years of experience in installation and service to select only the best products to offer our customers.
We are looking to hire for HVAC Installers in Gwinnett (Buford / Suwanee)
Great attitude, knowledgeable and professional Installer with a minimum 5 years residential experience.
MUST be EPA certified, drug free, pass a background check, have a clean MVR and happy to work weekends and after hours during busy times.
Must be able to figure out complex issues and work unassisted. Also, must be able to climb ladders, crawl under houses, handle extreme temperatures and lift and maneuver heavy equipment.
Side work will NOT be permitted under any circumstances.
Earn up to $80,000 per year, depending on skill level and willingness to succeed.
Company vehicle, uniforms, training opportunities, vacation and holiday pay.
J.R. Bolton's heating & cooling department has what it takes to ensure maximum comfort and energy efficiency in our clients' homes. Our technicians make sure that heating and cooling systems and home insulation are always performing like they should.
J.R. Bolton installs foam insulation and a variety of insulation materials for the whole house. We can also repair water heaters and furnaces, and clean and seal duct work. We have a showroom which displays our fireplaces, gas grills, gas lanterns, wood-stoves and heating & cooling related products.
J.R. Bolton natural gas piping technicians are fully trained to tackle any gas related problem in clients' homes.
Customer Service Representative - Heating And Air Conditioning Exp
We are seeking to add another Customer Service Representative to our team! Candidate will be responsible for providing World Class Customer Service while setting up service appointments for repairs, warranty calls and estimates. Must have great communication skills, be very articulate and professional. Experience in service organization such as HVAC, Plumbing, Electric is a plus!
- Handle customer inquiries for service and repair
- Provide information about service availability
- Enter all service information into system
- Document and update customer records based on interactions
- Assist in maintenance program growth
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport and serve customers at the highest level
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills
Must be able to pass background check and drug test.