Aircraft Launch And Recovery Technician Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Aircraft Launch And Recovery Technician
Title: Launch Technician
Vandenberg AFB, CA
Salary: $25.00-$45.00/hr (DOE)
Contract to Hire
Our client is a leading aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company. We are seeking a Launch Technician to assist with designing, manufacturing and launching advanced rockets and spacecraft.
- You will stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware.
- Responsible for ensuring launch services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner.
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers.
- You will collaborate with launch engineers to develop and document activities.
- Responsible for performing work according to procedures, blueprints, specifications and test instructions.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED
- Respirator certification for SAR operations and ordnance is required.
- 1-5 years of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of SCAPE operations, and Hydrostatic and Pneumatic testing is a plus!
Post a Job
Launch Technician - 12766Fl
Launch Technician, Launch Refurbishment
Reads, understands and follows detailed schematics, drawings and instructions.
Gathers, verifies and arranges data from multiple sources.
Has the ability to work with a team or independently.
Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, continually focusing on process improvements, streamlining and cost savings.
Pays close attention to details, looks ahead and won't settle for complacency.
Must produce high quality work in a timely manner.
Must maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards.
Must be mechanically inclined, proficient with all types of hand tools.
Anticipate, recognize and solve different types of routine problems.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Aircraft/airframe/flight-line/missile/space launch vehicle structures assembly experience.
Over-head crane, forklift, man-lift proficient.
Be accountable for their actions, hardworking yet conscientious about the quality of work performed, not afraid to make suggestions and not be discouraged if all their suggestions are not implemented.
Maintain launch mount platforms, launch mechanisms and systems. Repairing or replacing faulty hydraulic, pneumatic or mechanical assemblies.
Added skills may include pneumatic/hydraulic system fabrication, orbital welding, structural welding, machinist skills, familiar with calibrated measuring instruments, steel fabrication skills, layout work, heavy equipment, all types of construction experience, CDL.
Shows personal initiative and maintains a smooth composure and good attitude whether you working with flight hardware or working with a shovel.....
Willing to work long hours, off-shifts, weekends and travel to do the same.
Airframe and Power Plant License is a plus.
Military Aviation experience as a propulsion or airframe technician is a plus.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• At least 5 years of related experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Some experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment preferred.
• Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment is a plus.
• Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; Propulsion engines.
• Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity.
• A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
• Must be willing to work 2nd Shift (4:00pm- 2:30am), overtime and weekends as needed.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Amt)
Are you interested in becoming a part of an innovative in-house maintenance facility working on private aircraft?
Flexjet, an award winning organization, is currently looking for an experienced, certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) to join our team! This position will be responsible for performing routine inspections, troubleshooting, and repairs including airframe structures, engines and aircraft systems. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) will make repairs and conduct tests to keep equipment operating efficiently and safely.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all airframe and powerplant repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements
- Remove and disassemble defective parts; assemble and install of replacement parts and testing aircraft system
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignments
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate manner to include accurately reporting of times required to accomplish the tasks assigned
- Must support all company policies and safety programs to include OSHA and EPA regulations
- Interpret technical manuals, drawings and blueprints
- Present a clean and neat work area
- Demonstrate professionalism and deliver satisfaction to the internal/external customer
- Perform other related duties & responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- FAA Airframe & Powerpant License is required
- 2-4 years directly related aviation experience (corporate aircraft experience preferred)
- At least 2 years of fleet type experience desired
- Good working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 145, 135, 121
- Sheet metal experience is preferred but not required
- Successful candidate will be highly motivated and work effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Must have the ability to multi-task within a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs
- Possess proven inspection competencies
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized; demonstrate excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Specialized aircraft tooling will be furnished by the company
Deductible Recovery Technician
AmTrust North America has an immedidate need for a Deductible Recovery Technician in our Dallas, TX office. The role of the Deductible Recovery Tech will be the recovery of third party deductibles on Auto, General Liability and Professional Liability claims. Also may provide technical assistance to the Claims Shared Services V.P. , Senior Management of the Recovery Department and Subrogation Supervisors as requested. Thsi role will report to the Deductible Recovery Supervisor.
- Handles deductible recovery on Auto, General Liability and Professional Liability claims
- Completes recovery notices to insureds
- Receive telephone calls and e-mails from insureds, agents and internally from other departments and offices regarding deductible recovery and promptly replies to all inquiries
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned
- Excellent keyboard skills with limited errors
- Moderate to advanced computer skills especially with Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, Outlook
- Past use of claims operating systems in a claims environment is preferred
- Telephone skills and customer relationship skills
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and willing to work in fast paced work environment.
- Strong command of the English language; both written and verbal
- Basic mathematical skills are necessary
- Strong reasoning ability is required.
- Must be able to think independently and make sound judgments with little supervision
- High School Diploma required
- College degree or substantial completion preferred
- Insurance Claim experience is preferred
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
#LI-PostPost a Job
Overnight Aircraft Line Service Technician - LIT
Fly Arkansas, LLC is a rapidly growing aviation company. We have multiple openings for Line Service Technicians at our new Little Rock, AR facility located on the Bill & Hillary Clinton National Airport. Our facility operates 24 hours a day. This is the only way to apply for these positions, please DO NOT contact our other offices as staff will not have answers to provide to you.
This position is for one of our overnight positions. These positions work 3 to 4 nights per week.
As a member of our team, we provide you with:
- Very competitive compensation
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Room for growth within the company
On a day-to-day basic, the Line Service Technician:
- Prepares aircraft for flight and customer acceptance
- Services fuel and oil tanks
- Anti icing procedures
- Assist crew and passengers with luggage, transport and special requests
- Connects ground support equipment for air conditioning, heating and power
- Supplies, cleans and services galley
- Stands fire watch
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies
- Frequently sits, stands, walks, stoops, bends, reaches, grasps, and carries object
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Self Motivation / Self-starting attitude
- Physical ability to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Simple arithmetic
Additional Job Requirements
- Unrestricted Arkansas Driver's License
- Pass Initial & Random Drug & Alcohol Screening
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Previous Line Service Experience
- FAA Pilot, Flight Instructor, and/or A&P Certificate
- Mechanical Skills
- Flexible Work Schedule
Aircraft Technician A&P Mechanic
Perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations.
Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employee's own tools, specialty tools provided by the Company, the use of test equipment, and Company-supplied technical manuals.
In certain cases he/she may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs.
Assure that hangar workshops and other areas assigned are maintained in an orderly manner.
Must have both Airframe and Power plant licenses, high school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience preferred but not required
Contact Scott Ingersoll
A&P Aircraft Technicians
Perform depot level maintenance and modifications
Responsible for servicing, inspecting, and maintaining aircraft, aircraft engines, and associated components.
Effectively performs work to meet deadlines and performance goals
Properly complete all necessary paperwork in accordance with the customer, C&L Aviation Group and FAA requirements
Troubleshoot systems; disassembles, repairs, and reassembles sections and components to maintain full functioning equipment according to technical data provided by the customer
Maintain work area, tools and vehicles in clean and safe working conditions
Previous work experience working on aircraft with specific emphasis on Saab 340, CRJ series aircraft, EMB 145, Challenger, Hawker Beechcraft, etc. is preferred but, not required
Valid Airframe/Powerplant certification.
Positive attitude towards productivity, safety and quality maintenance
Good communication skills (verbal, written and radio)
Must have great customer skills
Must have own set of tools
Valid Driver License
Presently headquartered in a state-of-the-art 120,000 square foot facility at Bangor International Airport in Maine, the company saves customers time and money by offering a one-stop-solution for sales, maintenance, avionics installations, interior refurbishments, exterior paint, component overhaul, and parts. Related services include corporate aircraft sales, charter and management.
Bangor, Maine, located in the northeastern part of Maine, has the best of both worlds. Its thriving downtown and entertainment scene rival that of other northeast cities, but Bangor is still within a short distance from the great northern woods, with unlimited opportunities for hunting, snowmobiling, skiing, fishing and hiking.
With a population of just 33,000, Bangor is often referred to as a “little big city.” The downtown area has a booming restaurant, bar and music scene, but the greater region is still small enough to include sought-after family neighborhoods, parks, trails and more, all within walking distance of the city’s center.
We hire the hardest working, most knowledgeable people in their field which has been the key to our exceptional growth. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive to successfully accomplish goals in a fast paced environment, we would like to get acquainted.
For more information about other opportunities at C&L Aviation Group, please visit our website at cla.aero/mainejobs
Restoration And Recovery Technician
Paul Davis Restoration is looking for a detailed and hard working person interested in a great opportunity to start a career with the leader in the Restoration and Emergency Water and Fire Damage Cleanup Industry.
This position will include doing a variety of jobs related to providing content and furniture inventorying, moving, and cleaning of damaged properties due to water, fire, storm, or mold. Since we provide 24-hour emergency service this job will include the after hours and weekend work.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Inventory and moving of furniture and contents from damaged property to company facilities.
- Cleaning, disinfecting, and packaging of furniture and contents.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of structures from fire, smoke, and/or water damage.
- Final cleaning of structures after structure repairs.
- Ability to respond and provide emergency services for fire, water & storm events (including water extraction and drying services, board-ups, tarps and securing structures).
- Assist other team members with water and fire damage clean up (including demolition and cleaning).
- Superior communication with both customers, tradespersons, and company professionals
- Maintain exemplary customer satisfaction reviews
- Other duties may be assigned.
Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- One (1) year experience in water restoration/mitigation and/or carpet cleaning would be preferable.
- IICRC Certifications are preferred, but we will train the right individual.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Driving record will be pulled for final applicants.
- Able to pass a background check and drug testing.
Paul Davis Restoration of the Tri-State Area serves customers throughout Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and surrounding areas.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician - JFK
TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Have you ever wondered what it takes to develop a world-class entertainment system 30,000 feet in the air? Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year on the more than 150,000 systems delivered. Our InFlyt Experience team continues to power the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class customer experience so be a part of something big, join Thales.
Together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
In the U.S., we employ more than 3,000 people across more than 20 locations in 13 states. We are a leading technology provider serving five mission-critical markets: aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation. Globally, we employ more than 62,000 people in 56 countries allowing us to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the demands of some of the most complex environments on the planet.
We are currently looking for an Aircraft Line Maintenance Technician to join the Thales IFE team in Jamaica, NY at the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).
The Aircraft Line Maintenance Technician tests, repairs, services and modifies IFE equipment in accordance with FAA regulations, company IPM (Inspection Procedures Manuals), and AMM (Customer Maintenance Manuals).
- Troubleshoots and repairs IFE equipment on-board customer aircrafts in accordance with FAA regulations, company IPM, ISO standards, and AMM's
- Modifies equipment according to service bulletin and/or manufacturer documentation
- Completes quality and production paper work, prepares estimates, and maintains maintenance documentation in accordance with current QA (Quality Assurance) requirements
- Efficiently communicates with Management, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, and Material departments in support of the repair process
- Attends on-site and or off-site company training sessions (occasional travel) when necessary and participates in OJT cross-training programs
- Performs data and administrative entries using MXI and SERVO Maintenance software platform, to maintaining repair documentation, AOC and MCC job tasks, timesheets, material requisition, and other related technical data entries
- Maintain high degree of communication and cooperation with Thales line maintenance organization, Airline Operation and Maintenance Control Centers and customers in all aspects of the position
- Actively supports company culture evolution positive behavior and demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Familiar with MS Excel and other database programs desired
- Strong experience and proficiency in MS Excel and other database programs desired
- Must be customer oriented
- Certification or technical school and two year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires A&P or just Airframe FAA certification, or must have an acceptable military experience for FAA to approve certification. Electronics Degree/certificate or equivalent experience in Avionics or electronics required (military or civilian) as well as knowledge on Information Technology (i.e. Ethernet networks).
- Candidate must be familiar with static sensitive devices (ESD) principles and Aircraft FOD (Foreign Object Damage).
- In addition to the Thales background investigation, the individual must also successfully pass the background check for the local airport authority and US Customs as required by the client to complete the work assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Candidate must have the minimum ability to solve High School Graduate math skill level.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
At Thales USA, we provide careers not jobs.
Visit to find our full list of open positions.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
Recovery Specialist - Tire Technician
Duties will include but are not limited to:
* Credit runs and recovery of custom wheels and tires in the field (as directed by the delinquency manager).
* Picking up payments.
* Mounting, balancing, and installing rims and tires safely onto vehicles.
* Removing, dismounting, and cleaning rims and tires.
* Tire repair.
* Tire rotations and balances.
* Installing TPMS sensors.
* Running errands for the business.
* Keeping a clean and organized work space.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license, a clean criminal background check, and open availability (Schedule will include retail hours, nights, weekends, and holidays and will vary week to week).
$9.50-$10.50 per hour