Airframe And Power Plant Mechanic Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Airframe And Power Plant Mechanic
Power Plant Technician - Plant Operation
Operate, maintain, and service all power plant equipment including engine generator sets, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, etc. Perform water analysis on all systems and add chemicals to keep levels in recommended ranges. Monitor and diagnose control issues on systems integral to the operation of the buildings. #featuredjob
High school graduate or equivalent. Trade or Vo-Tech school in a related area is very desirable. Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of power production equipment, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, water softeners and related systems. Need good understanding of electrical test equipment and procedures. Completely familiar with hand tools. Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of power production equipment, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, water softeners and related systems. Ability to work from blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals.Post a Job
Well Paid Industrial Mechanic / Millwright For A Plant In Coastal Georgia
Well Paid Industrial Mechanic / Millwright for a Plant in Coastal Georgia
An industry leading multi-national corporation has a Millwright / Industrial Mechanic position for their Savannah area manufacturing facility. Join this team of professionals as they meet their U.S. based customers growing appetite for their custom-made building materials. Extremely competitive pay and benefits for the right candidate! They want GOOD Industrial Mechanics and are willing to pay them a competitive wage for this area.
Education and Experience needed for the position and expected from the candidate:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Skilled Trade Certificate in a Journeyman Mechanics preferred
- 5 years or more of industrial and or Manufacturing Mechanic or Millwright experience
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics preferred
- Experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding preferred
- Experience with reading blueprints and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions
- Must be able to write reports as needed
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic
- Industrial safety experience required, including, but not limited to, Lockout / Tag out, PSM, Confined Space, etc.
- Candidate must have a STRONG desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- Demonstrate general mechanical maintenance skills with electrical skills a plus
- Demonstrate flexibility, open mindedness, and possess the ability to work well with a team environment
- Ability to cross-train and assist within the department
- Strong level of basic computer skills desirable
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to train and evaluate
- Ready to respond to sudden calls during non-conventional hours and a standby concept
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance of the plant; Performing periodic maintenance routines on equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Responsible for troubleshooting, inspecting, diagnosing, assembling, installing, aligning, and dismantling industrial machinery and mechanical equipment following all the appropriate safety procedures
- Responsible for connecting power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and testing unit to evaluate its mechanical operation
- Take and PASS a Background and Drug Screening Test prior to start date.
Power Plant Operator / Site Technician
Plant operators needed for permanent hire positions at a power plant in the Menlo Park, California area. Looking for entry-level as well as senior-level operators, as we have both Technician and Lead positions available. Prefer those who have previous gas turbine operations and maintenance experience, but will consider other power generation experience. Candidates with prior military or maritime experience looking to get into commercial plant operations would be a good fit for this position.
Keywords: gas turbine, combustion turbine, operations, operator, power plant, cogen, cogeneration.
Power Plant Operator II (Swing Shift)
Power Plant Operator II is responsible for the safe and proper operation of the power plant and associated control structures throughout the assigned working location of St. Joseph Hospital, 5000 West Chambers Street, Milwaukee, WI. This is a swing shift position.
The person in this role will operate, maintain and adjust boilers, furnaces, engines, pumps, heat exchangers, generators, motors, chillers, cooling towers, equipment for heating, ventilating, air conditioning, lighting and associated equipment in the facilities.
The Power Plant Operator II makes periodic inspections of equipment and minor repairs to such equipment; performs preventive maintenance; takes responsible charge of a watch, read meters, gauges, and other recording devices and log the data; keep records and write reports; as directed, inspect low pressure boilers in accordance with a unified inspection procedure and may operate a motor vehicle. The Power Plant Operator II will be able to power down, inspect, trouble-shoot, repair and restore operation of medium to high pressure steam boilers. The Power Plant Operator II may be assigned more complex repairs or to locations with high pressure steam systems.
Power Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, or reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
- Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on instrument data or from computers.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints.
- Record and compile operational data by completing and maintaining forms, logs, or reports.
- Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies.
- Prepares equipment malfunction reports, makes inspections and from observation, determines whether equipment is operating properly.
- Take regulatory action, based on readings from charts, meters and gauges, at established intervals.
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Inspect, trouble-shoot, and repair generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Inspect records or log book entries or communicate with plant personnel to assess equipment operating status.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed water heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration.
- Open and close valves and switches in sequence to start or shut down auxiliary units
- May assist leaders in assignment of work to team members to ensure safe and efficient plant operation.
- May assist in training other team members on the daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of plant equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Boiler Operator learning program preferred
- Power Plant Operator, Boiler Operator or Stationary Engineer License preferred
- Three years of experience operating, maintaining and repairing high pressure boilers, large tonnage chillers, facility management systems, water treatment systems and all types of boilers, chillers, pumps and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local plant operations and boiler codes.
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Computer skills: Has understanding and experience with the use of basic Windows program and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook Email.
- Knowledge of instrumentation troubleshooting and preventative maintenance is required.
- Strong analytical abilities for understanding and interpreting building system documents, prints and layouts are required.
- In-depth knowledge of boilers, chillers, pumps and water systems.
- The ability to operate tools and equipment with a skill level that is typically acquired through trade and/or vocational schools.
- Must have the ability to:
- Calibrate systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Communicate and follow up effectively both orally and in writing. Work cooperatively with others as well as independently with little direction
- Critical thinking skills
- Decisive judgment
- Ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
- Ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations and internal procedures to ensure efficient and safe plant operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
Software Powered by iCIMS
Power Plant Operator
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
(Rensselaer County residence is required)
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Classified staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Four (4) years of experience in commercial, industrial or institutional facilities operation an Associate’s Degree in a related field; OR Eight (8) years of experience and a certificate from a recognized Trade School, National Trade Institute, or relevant Military experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of load bank testing and apparatus, Diesel and Natural Gas Engine Generator sets, power production systems and equipment, and strong Microsoft Office suite and computer skills preferred.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Power Plant Operator performs work under the general supervision of the Assistant to the Director of Physical Plant with considerable leeway allowed for the exercise of independent judgment in planning and carrying out the details of the assignments in accordance with definitely defined procedures. The Power Plant Operator reports to the Assistant to the Director of Physical Plant and performs the following duties:
- Operates and maintains all operations of the Co Gen Plant to ensure proper functioning.
- Recommend, develop, schedule and implement preventative maintenance and annual testing.
- Works with mechanical and electrical technicians in the maintenance of all equipment in the Co Gen Plant.
- Performs repairs, inspection and minor overhauls on system and make recommendations for replacement and upgrades.
- Responds to emergency calls regarding mechanical, electrical and/or other problems related to the Co Gen Plant.
- Recommend, develop and maintain environmental compliance of the Co Gen Plant and equipment.
- Maintain accurate logs and records of all operating parameters.
- Oversee contractors in an Emergency or project situation.
- May perform related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director to the Director of Physical Plant.
The Salary Range is available upon request
Please apply before the Close date of September 15, 2017.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Fi Staffing Solutions is currently seeking candidates for plant maintenance mechanic in greater Baton Rouge area. Mechanic will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of plant equipment.
Candidates must have experience in hydraulic and pneumatic repairs. Duties may include but are not limited to electrical repairs, welding, conveyor belt adjustments, changing belts, bearings, rollers, air valves, air lines, and conducting monthly plant inspections. Position is temp-to-hire and pay DOE.
Post a Job
Diesel Power Mechanic (4354Br)
- Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of diesel engines, trucks and/or forklifts
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose and perform maintenance on equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
- Regular attendance is required
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education, which would provide an equivalent background
- 18 + years of age
- Must have a minimum of one-year experience and/or completion of trade school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
- Must have own tools
- Must know general repairs and PM criteria
- Should have specific knowledge of heavy truck repairs in a commercial environment, including diesel engine system diagnostics to ensure equipment is operating appropriately
- Must possess the ability to keep up with changing technology and updates
- Possess mechanical ability and interest of engines, electronics and precision equipment
- Must possess the strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in awkward positions
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL is a plus although not required
- Must have an acceptable MVR
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Should be self-starting and organized
- Must possess a strong work ethic and good problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work any shift, including nights and weekends in any weather condition; flexible work schedule
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Over the last 85 years, our network has grown to more than 200 terminals plus coverage in all 50 states, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
Why Choose Estes?
As an Estes driver, you can expect:
Our mission at Estes is to deliver solutions that exceed our customers’ highest expectations. That’s why we believe in hiring and retaining the best talent.
For information about our career opportunities, please visit www.work4estes.com.
Power Equipment Mechanic
My company consults with Outdoor Power Equipment dealers and I am working with a dealer in the Puyallup area that is looking to add another Service Tech. The dealership is 10 years old. The compensation is a base hourly rate - ( based upon experience/certifications) with a bonus on billable time. The dealer uses a flat rate pricing structure so if you are skilled you can easily be 100% efficient. This dealership has a great reputation and handles premium lines. If you are an "A" level tech it is very possible with base and bonus to make $50,000+ per year with this dealer.
Must continually be able to lift and handle heavy loads up to 70 lbs.
Must have good eyesight (correctable to 20/20) and normal hearing for diagnostics and trouble shooting equipment.
Repair and maintain small engines, large lawn equipment, mowers, tillers, and other related vehicles and equipment.
Responsibilities include diagnosing small engine problems, maintaining shop area cleanliness, and collecting and disposing of trash.
Clearly explain (if called upon) to the customer’s satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in question.
Continually seek both technical and product training when available.
Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality.
Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
Treat management and other employees with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction.
Work with integrity, always upholding company values.
Perform related responsibilities/accountabilities as required or directed.
Daily Duties and
Begin each workday with a positive attitude by encouraging each technician to meet his daily and weekly goals.
Work to develop a sense of “team” in the service department and across other departments.
Repair or overhaul small engines and related mechanical or structural parts for a variety of equipment types.
Perform repairs within the time parameters as established by flat rate time or billed time with proper diagnosis.
Maintain an orderly and clean work area. Assist in keeping the entire shop clean and orderly.
Collect and dispose of trash.
Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, vendors, and customers
Respond promptly to customer needs and manage difficult customer situations.
Completely fill out and turn in all work orders.
Weekly Duties and
Study and review all relevant product repair updates.
Inspect, clean, and maintain all equipment used.
Report to the shop supervisor any hazards or faulty equipment.
Meet with supervisor to discuss the weekly repair trends, comebacks, and service problems.
We offer competitive pay, an established bonus system, paid vacations and a friendly place to work.
Power Equipment Mechanic
Applicant should have completed at least one course in small engine repair or a related course. Applicant will be required to service and repair outdoor power equipment, such as lawnmowers, edgers, string trimmers, chain saws, garden tractors, portable generators, power washers, compressors, zero turns, hydraulics and snow blowers. Applicant must discuss equipment problems and repairs with management and possibly customers. Applicant must account for mechanical and electronic malfunctions when inspecting or repairing engines and components. Applicant must be able to disassemble engine parts, connect or attach components, and use hand tools. The job requires a steady hand and good hand–eye coordination. Applicant must be familiar with engine components and systems and know how they interact with each other. They must frequently disassemble major parts for repairs and be able to reassemble them properly. Applicant must be able to identify problems in increasingly complicated mechanical and electronic systems using diagnostic equipment. They must be familiar with electronic control systems and the appropriate tools needed to fix and maintain them. Applicant should be self motivated and have problem solving skills. Machining/welding/fabricating skills are preferred. Knowledge of electrical systems and diagnosing is a plus. The applicant will be required to have their own tools and tool box, specialty tools for the manufacturers’ brands are provided in the shop. Must be able to multi task, work well with others, take instructions from supervisors and have a positive attitude daily. In addition to the mechanic's daily duties, they will have to assist customers in loading and unloading equipment, assembling and dealer prepping new equipment and assist in unloading freight shipments of new products. Applicant will need to have good computer skills to use inventory and parts look up programs. Having the ability to pay attention to detail, thoroughness, quality paper work and hand writing skills will be required. Fork lift and bilingual skills will be an added bonus and are preferred, if available. We are looking for full time and part time positions. Shop hours are 7am to 8pm with variable shifts.
We are seeking a Plant Mechanic to join our team! You will maintain and repair industrial production and processing machinery.
- Maintain efficient and safe operation of the central chiller plant and satellite plants
- Repair, install, and adjust industrial machinery and pipeline distribution systems
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on mechanical, electrical equipment
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields
- 4-5 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of equipment utilities systems related to HVAC
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment
- Universal EPA
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that could include; nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Ability to read and interpret plant piping, electrical and control systems
A company that focuses on working together with our customers to provide solutions to their heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) needs is what we are all about. Our integrated service offerings put our clients at the center of our business, allowing for a partnership that achieves success together. We approach projects to meet the changing goals of our clients, collaborating with them to align strategies and achieve world class results.