Airframe And Power Plant Mechanic Apprentice Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Airframe And Power Plant Mechanic Apprentice
Emergency Power Generator Apprentice
Troubleshooting, Maintenance and Repair on all makes of Generators, Engines and Switch Gear
Diagnose, Repair, Adjust and Modify all Components of the Generator, Engine and Switch Gear
Positive Interface with Service Foreman and Customers
Meet the Requirements for Certifications
High School Diploma or GED
Good Written and Verbal Communications Skills
Strong Work Ethic and Ability to Work with little Supervision
Positive Attitude and Excellent Customer Relationship Skills
Experience Working with Industrial Diesel, Natural Gas & LP Engines
Must have Your Own Set of General Tools
Be Able to Work with Diagnostic Computer for Troubleshooting and Repairs
Use Computers for Web Based Training
Technical Degree or Certification a Plus
Must be Physically Able to Lift and Work with No Restrictions
Clean Driving Record
Power Plant Technician - Plant Operation
Operate, maintain, and service all power plant equipment including engine generator sets, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, etc. Perform water analysis on all systems and add chemicals to keep levels in recommended ranges. Monitor and diagnose control issues on systems integral to the operation of the buildings. #featuredjob
High school graduate or equivalent. Trade or Vo-Tech school in a related area is very desirable. Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of power production equipment, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, water softeners and related systems. Need good understanding of electrical test equipment and procedures. Completely familiar with hand tools. Two years experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of power production equipment, boilers, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers, water softeners and related systems. Ability to work from blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals.Post a Job
Well Paid Industrial Mechanic / Millwright For A Plant In Coastal Georgia
Well Paid Industrial Mechanic / Millwright for a Plant in Coastal Georgia
An industry leading multi-national corporation has a Millwright / Industrial Mechanic position for their Savannah area manufacturing facility. Join this team of professionals as they meet their U.S. based customers growing appetite for their custom-made building materials. Extremely competitive pay and benefits for the right candidate! They want GOOD Industrial Mechanics and are willing to pay them a competitive wage for this area.
Education and Experience needed for the position and expected from the candidate:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Skilled Trade Certificate in a Journeyman Mechanics preferred
- 5 years or more of industrial and or Manufacturing Mechanic or Millwright experience
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics preferred
- Experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding preferred
- Experience with reading blueprints and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manual, and written directions
- Must be able to write reports as needed
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic
- Industrial safety experience required, including, but not limited to, Lockout / Tag out, PSM, Confined Space, etc.
- Candidate must have a STRONG desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- Demonstrate general mechanical maintenance skills with electrical skills a plus
- Demonstrate flexibility, open mindedness, and possess the ability to work well with a team environment
- Ability to cross-train and assist within the department
- Strong level of basic computer skills desirable
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to train and evaluate
- Ready to respond to sudden calls during non-conventional hours and a standby concept
- Responsible for the preventative maintenance of the plant; Performing periodic maintenance routines on equipment to achieve optimal performance
- Responsible for troubleshooting, inspecting, diagnosing, assembling, installing, aligning, and dismantling industrial machinery and mechanical equipment following all the appropriate safety procedures
- Responsible for connecting power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and testing unit to evaluate its mechanical operation
- Take and PASS a Background and Drug Screening Test prior to start date.
Power Plant Operator / Site Technician
Plant operators needed for permanent hire positions at a power plant in the Menlo Park, California area. Looking for entry-level as well as senior-level operators, as we have both Technician and Lead positions available. Prefer those who have previous gas turbine operations and maintenance experience, but will consider other power generation experience. Candidates with prior military or maritime experience looking to get into commercial plant operations would be a good fit for this position.
Keywords: gas turbine, combustion turbine, operations, operator, power plant, cogen, cogeneration.
Power Plant Operator II (Swing Shift)
Power Plant Operator II is responsible for the safe and proper operation of the power plant and associated control structures throughout the assigned working location of St. Joseph Hospital, 5000 West Chambers Street, Milwaukee, WI. This is a swing shift position.
The person in this role will operate, maintain and adjust boilers, furnaces, engines, pumps, heat exchangers, generators, motors, chillers, cooling towers, equipment for heating, ventilating, air conditioning, lighting and associated equipment in the facilities.
The Power Plant Operator II makes periodic inspections of equipment and minor repairs to such equipment; performs preventive maintenance; takes responsible charge of a watch, read meters, gauges, and other recording devices and log the data; keep records and write reports; as directed, inspect low pressure boilers in accordance with a unified inspection procedure and may operate a motor vehicle. The Power Plant Operator II will be able to power down, inspect, trouble-shoot, repair and restore operation of medium to high pressure steam boilers. The Power Plant Operator II may be assigned more complex repairs or to locations with high pressure steam systems.
Power Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators, or reactors, using control boards or semi-automatic equipment.
- Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on instrument data or from computers.
- Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints.
- Record and compile operational data by completing and maintaining forms, logs, or reports.
- Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies.
- Prepares equipment malfunction reports, makes inspections and from observation, determines whether equipment is operating properly.
- Take regulatory action, based on readings from charts, meters and gauges, at established intervals.
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Inspect, trouble-shoot, and repair generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary.
- Inspect records or log book entries or communicate with plant personnel to assess equipment operating status.
- Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed water heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration.
- Open and close valves and switches in sequence to start or shut down auxiliary units
- May assist leaders in assignment of work to team members to ensure safe and efficient plant operation.
- May assist in training other team members on the daily operation, monitoring and maintenance of plant equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Boiler Operator learning program preferred
- Power Plant Operator, Boiler Operator or Stationary Engineer License preferred
- Three years of experience operating, maintaining and repairing high pressure boilers, large tonnage chillers, facility management systems, water treatment systems and all types of boilers, chillers, pumps and systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local plant operations and boiler codes.
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Computer skills: Has understanding and experience with the use of basic Windows program and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook Email.
- Knowledge of instrumentation troubleshooting and preventative maintenance is required.
- Strong analytical abilities for understanding and interpreting building system documents, prints and layouts are required.
- In-depth knowledge of boilers, chillers, pumps and water systems.
- The ability to operate tools and equipment with a skill level that is typically acquired through trade and/or vocational schools.
- Must have the ability to:
- Calibrate systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Communicate and follow up effectively both orally and in writing. Work cooperatively with others as well as independently with little direction
- Critical thinking skills
- Decisive judgment
- Ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
- Ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations and internal procedures to ensure efficient and safe plant operations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
Software Powered by iCIMS
Power Plant Operator
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
(Rensselaer County residence is required)
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Classified staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Four (4) years of experience in commercial, industrial or institutional facilities operation an Associate’s Degree in a related field; OR Eight (8) years of experience and a certificate from a recognized Trade School, National Trade Institute, or relevant Military experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of load bank testing and apparatus, Diesel and Natural Gas Engine Generator sets, power production systems and equipment, and strong Microsoft Office suite and computer skills preferred.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES: The Power Plant Operator performs work under the general supervision of the Assistant to the Director of Physical Plant with considerable leeway allowed for the exercise of independent judgment in planning and carrying out the details of the assignments in accordance with definitely defined procedures. The Power Plant Operator reports to the Assistant to the Director of Physical Plant and performs the following duties:
- Operates and maintains all operations of the Co Gen Plant to ensure proper functioning.
- Recommend, develop, schedule and implement preventative maintenance and annual testing.
- Works with mechanical and electrical technicians in the maintenance of all equipment in the Co Gen Plant.
- Performs repairs, inspection and minor overhauls on system and make recommendations for replacement and upgrades.
- Responds to emergency calls regarding mechanical, electrical and/or other problems related to the Co Gen Plant.
- Recommend, develop and maintain environmental compliance of the Co Gen Plant and equipment.
- Maintain accurate logs and records of all operating parameters.
- Oversee contractors in an Emergency or project situation.
- May perform related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director to the Director of Physical Plant.
The Salary Range is available upon request
Please apply before the Close date of September 15, 2017.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Fi Staffing Solutions is currently seeking candidates for plant maintenance mechanic in greater Baton Rouge area. Mechanic will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of plant equipment.
Candidates must have experience in hydraulic and pneumatic repairs. Duties may include but are not limited to electrical repairs, welding, conveyor belt adjustments, changing belts, bearings, rollers, air valves, air lines, and conducting monthly plant inspections. Position is temp-to-hire and pay DOE.
Post a Job
Diesel Mechanic Apprentice
Steven's Bay Area Diesel Service, Inc. is seeking experienced diesel mechanics to join their team. Clients include a wide variety of diesel vehicles. Steven’s performs all aspects of repairs, services and maintenance, including the use of computer diagnostics. We service Cummins, CAT, IHC, Ford, GMC, Isuzu, Hino, Allison, Dodge, factory supported software
Steven’s Bay Area Diesel Service, Inc. has been serving the bay area since 1985. The shop’s 38,000 square foot facility boasts 10 repair bays and state of the art equipment. We offer top wages, excellent benefits, paid medical insurance, vacation, retirement plan and bridge allowance in a clean work environment.
We also offer additional factory training.
Qualified applicants must provide their own tools and have a valid California Driver’s License with a clean DMV record.
- At least 1 year experience as a diesel mechanic/heavy truck mechanic
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Some lap top and scanning experience
- Repair and service trucks, and other motor vehicles
- Diagnose and trouble shoot engines, transmissions, electrical and more
- Repair lift gates, trailers and boxes,
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
- Perform quality inspections prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
If you are a qualified diesel mechanic with a willingness to learn new industry technology and skills, we want you to join our team.
We are conveniently located in South San Francisco and can handle major and minor repairs, maintenance on all kinds of diesel engines, including: CAT, Cummins, Detroit, GMC, International, Isuzu, Mercedes Benz, Peterbilt, Mitsubishi, and Volvo.
We also specialize in major and minor trailer repair on all makes and models, as well as maintenance on diesel-powered Recreational Vehicles(R.V.s). Plus, we feature our mobile service units, fully equipped to provide emergency roadside assistance.
Steven's Bay Area Diesel Service has been serving the bay area since 1985. We have a 38,000 square foot facility with 10 repair bays and state of the art equipment.
Push-N-Pull, Inc. is looking for an energetic mechanic apprentice with
experience in mechanical and electrical installation, trouble shooting, and repair.
Qualified Candidates will be able to:
- absorb and relate to experience while training on the job
- show knowledge and use of basic hand tools
- provide reliable transportation to and from work
- provide valid inspection license and CDL (preferred) or be willing to obtain
- perform some heavy lifting 50-70 lbs
- be able to pass a drug test
Full time positions available, shop is busy 12 months a year
Medical, Vision, Dental, Vacation, and Holiday benefit packages available
If possible, please send resume and letter of interest
Push-N-Pull, Inc. opened their doors in 1998 but it's true beginnings began in the garage of Mr. Eric Humes, owner and President of the company. After long hours of snow plowing, people in the area knew to take their equipment to Eric for repairs. Along with brother-in-law John Moses they operated out of a small facility in Brentwood, PA, for ten years. They quickly out grew the small six bay building. In 2007 they opened a 9600 square foot steel building in South Park, PA and it is where the business currently resides.
In 2014, they plan on opening a second facility adjacent to the current location which will include a 1.5 acre lot. There they will stock and sell trailers, Switch-N-Go bodies, flat beds, dump bodies, and other truck equipment year round.
Hvac - Sheet Metal Mechanic - Apprentice - Scottsdale & Chandler AZ
We are looking for an HVAC Sheetmetal Mechanics / Installer - Apprentice / Helper for upcoming projects in both Scottsdale and Chandler AZ.
- Previous experience in HVAC or other related fields
- Install new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must pass Background check and Drug Screening
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG TEST!
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION!
MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TOOLS!
MUST SHOW UP ON TIME EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE RESPOND WITH DETAILED UP TO DATE RESUME!!!