Airplane Inspector Job Description Samples
Results for the star of Airplane Inspector
As a AIRPLANE PILOT, GS-2181-13, you will:
- Pilots advanced, single or multi-engine military airplane, high performance military fighter aircraft on tactical/non-tactical assigned missions using advanced precision instrument flight techniques in conjunction with air navigational aids. Flies well within flight parameters (e. g. speed and loading) to execute normal flights procedures and standard maneuvers in all weather conditions from point-to-point (domestic/foreign) using fully adequate landing areas.
- Prepares for flight.
- Operates the airplane with the utmost safety.
- Accomplishes post-flight activities.
- Incumbents of these positions are subject to rotation to perform administrative tasks in any of the following Air Operations program support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- MUST BE CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY QUALIFIED A-10 CERTIFIED PILOT
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of one year on-the-job experience in the grade immediately below the next higher level AND have validated experience with an understanding of the occupational series basic principles and concepts.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Two years specialized experience competencies in operating a specific main-frame military aircraft; along with skill in mission planning and preparation AND ability and skill to conduct or supervise the training of crew members in simple to complex mission specific tasks AND experience and skill are required in piloting fixed wing aircraft.
GS-13 Air National Guard Officer Positions
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university is mandatory. A Graduate Degree from an accredited civilian academic college or from an equivalent professional military education school is optimum. Must have Federal Aviation Administration certifications awarded from accredited civilian aviation programs OR must have aviation certifications from accredited military aviation schools (Aeronautical Orders are acceptable).
MUST BE A CURRENT OR PREVIOUSLY QUALIFIED A-10 PILOT. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED UPON APPLICATION.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: O3 thru O4
Compatible Military Assignments: 11F3B
Mandatory Qualification Requirements- Eligibility requirements for Dual Status technician positions in this occupation are based on the candidate's possession of Federal Aviation Administration pilot certificates- OR- appropriate military certifications, military ratings in the main-frame military aircraft of employment, and the required competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities).
EACH APPLICATION MUST HAVE THESE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ATTACHED BEFORE CLOSING OF JOB. Submission of appropriate civilian and/or military certifications, military ratings in the Major Weapons System of employment (Aeronautical Order and Flight Evaluation History is acceptable).
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Our Company has a worldwide presence, with offices in Dallas, New York, Toronto, London and Gurgaon. We are a global team of numerous nationalities, religions, backgrounds and experiences.
We honor our diversity by offering cultural training spotlighting our various geographies. Yet for all our differences, we are committed to a common set of values and an organizational culture that respects our differences.
This position will perform inspections at construction sites.
Your specific duties will include:
Reviewing plans, designs and drawings submitted by engineers to verify compliance of as-built conditions
Providing consultation services relating to environmental health and safety compliance challenges our client?s personnel face each day.
Establishing and maintaining statistical records and files as required and preparing reports and correspondence as assigned
Performing related duties as necessary
You must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. You must also be self motivated and able to work autonomously, and must present a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
Specific qualifications include:
Minimum of 1 - 2 years professional experience;
Our professional backgrounds are also varied. Our consulting teams combine training and experience derived from many perspectives, including management consulting with other strategy firms, high-level functional backgrounds in a variety of industries, roles in the service provider community and MBA graduates with relevant work experience. The members of the research practice also come from varied backgrounds with some joining us shortly after graduating college and others with established research careers.
Post a Job
Entry Level Road Inspector
Keys to success:
- Attend and participate in the daily contractor and project meetings.
- Maintain a current CPR/FA/AED card.
- Be able to interpret safety rules for the state in which the project is located.
- Post a daily report to the project CAIS site or e-mail COTR.
- Monitor construction contractor compliance with environmental MIT, QC plan, SWPPP, and site specific safety plan.
- Maintain an open issues log throughout the project and report status at the weekly meetings.
- Stop work for any safety issue that could result in near hit, incident, injury, or damage to property.
- Verify contractor provided materials incorporated into the work meet the specification requirements and approved submittals.
- Verify Quality Control efforts are in compliance with submitted and approved quality control plan.
- Participate in punch-list inspection and document remaining work items are captured on the open items list.
- Review construction contractor’s invoice request and recommend approval after confirming percentage complete is accurate, and the following items are current: master schedule, QC plan, SSSP, As-builts, and SWPPP.
- Verify contractor installs work at contract described locations per the contract plans and specifications.
- Fill out inspection forms daily, take construction photographs, and keep tally of aggregate placed
- Inspect installation of culverts, bridges, road work and other civil installations.
- Provide design assistance to BPA Access Road staff.
- Prepare sketches or diagrams of field sites.
- Meet with BPA and other agency staff to discuss project field issues.
- Previous experience in the areas of road construction or civil engineering are preferred.
- Must possess excellent word processing and computer skills.
- Requires excellent communication skills - both verbally and written.
- Must maintain a positive and helpful attitude.
- Must be able to walk, lift, carry, stoop, bend, twist and work in the outdoors on uneven surfaces routinely (no more than 20 pounds).
- Current driver’s license and ability to be insured to drive company vehicles may be required.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:Employees of MacKay Sposito are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes MacKay Sposito an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
We believe firmly in the principle of constructive candor – always telling the client everything they need to know to make fully informed decisions. By creating a positive, committed and supportive environment, we’re able to challenge our people to be the best that they can be, and to celebrate every success.
About MacKay Sposito:Providing consultation services to energy, public works and land development clients, MacKay Sposito’s expertise spans civil engineering, construction management and inspection, land survey, planning and project management, and landscape architecture for both public and private sector.
Whether connecting public and private sectors, helping our clients put together a complex mixed-use masterplan development, getting power to a remote rural outpost, or improving a city’s facilities, MacKay Sposito is all about building lasting relationships and strong communities. At our core, we’re committed to honesty, dedication and relationships. These pillars make up the foundation of how we treat our people, and ultimately our clients. >> Learn more about working at MacKay Sposito.
We promise to challenge, inspire, and reward you.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Requires passing pre-employment background check and drug screening
Quality Inspector - 2Nd Shift
Immediate opening for a Temporary-to-hire Quality Inspector in the Dayton, OH area. This is a 2nd shift position working 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm.
- Prior Inspection Experience (1-3 years)
- Gauges, Micrometers, Calipers
- Blueprint Experience: Interpreting requirements, dimensional tolerances, etc.
- Plating, Coatings experience a plus
- Measurement device calibration experience
- Quality system experience: ISO, AS, Nadcap, etc.
- Small machine shop level production/inspection experience relates well to our process. Previous paint shop/production/inspection experience could relate well to our processes.
- Inventory, small machine shop planning experience would relate well to the planning aspects of this hybrid role.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years related experience
- Prior data entry experience
- Must have the ability to type approx. 35 wpm
- Pass purchase order comparative test
- Ability to read blueprints
Post a Job
Constructor Inspector Trainee
Drawing upon the extensive regional and functional expertise of Eurasia Group's analysts, the Government Services group delivers innovative products and mission-focused analysis to agencies operating in today's dynamic and unpredictable geopolitical landscape. From forecasting and scenario analysis to focused research efforts, we provide unbiased and responsive products to decision-makers across the globe.
Graduation from High school or equivalent plus four (4) years experience in a field related to construction inspection experience and/or utility construction or building inspections.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities specific to this job may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform construction inspections.
- Schedule and conduct precon meetings with contractors and engineers.
- Interprets,explain and enforces policies and procedures regarding technical standards,specifications and ordinances.
- Review plans, specification,contracts and ordinances.
- Schedule and observe flow tests,lab test,soil density test and any other type of test.
- Check and verify contractors licenses, permits,authorization and insurance.
- Issue stop work orders for violations.
?Direct advisory services: We provide actionable, real-time analysis tailored to client requirements through custom publications, briefings, and workshops.
?Consultative research: We deliver analytic solutions through our country-specific, regional, and transnational research programs, risk assessments, long-range forecasting, and scenario analysis.
?Analytic design: We develop comparative methodologies and analytic frameworks to assist clients in impact evaluation, risk modeling, and strategic planning.
?Games and exercises: Through war games and table top exercises, we provide a creative means for clients to attack challenges, explore unintended consequences, formulate strategy, and build consensus among stakeholders.
Post a Job
Everyone at our Company, from our entry-level consultants to our Principals, interacts with clients in several ways. Examples often include field inspections, marketing presentations, industry conferences, and project reporting. The responsibility for client interaction, management, and development increases as you progress along our consulting career path.
Building client relationships starts right away. Our Engineers/Scientists and Senior Engineer/Scientists often participate in field inspections, teleconferences, or face-to-face client meetings.
Working with our established consultants, they receive hands-on experience and begin the process of building these relationships by doing excellent work on time and within budget. Many of our entry-level hires have found themselves on an inspection during their first week at our Company!
This position will lead the inspection of construction sites for compliance with professional engineering principles and specifications, and coordinate related project requirements.
Inspects large or specialized construction sites for compliance with technical construction requirements.
May facilitate meetings with contractors and clients and approve changes.
Reviews plans and specifications for standard or routine requirements and calculates material amounts.
Responds to contractor, citizen and client questions and concerns and mediates conflicts.
Recommends approval of contractor pay requests.
Completes reports detailing inspection results, quantities of materials used, and daily activities.
Minimum of 2-3 years of construction experience.
As our consultants progress into Manager and Senior Manager roles, they are responsible for managing key client relationships and developing business for themselves and others. They market our multidisciplinary services to both existing our Company clients and potential new ones. Our Principals are often working with our largest clients and managing our most significant and challenging projects.
Post a Job
The Machinist Inspector will support the Machine Shop, located in Buffalo, New York.
Hourly Rate: $27.57
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Description for Machinist Inspector:
- Working from drawings and using available machines and tools, machine a variety of parts to maximize accuracy within established time limits. Operate and set up vertical and horizontal mills and lathes, both manual and CNC, operate drill press, cleaning and scribing parts per parts.
- Layout templates, compound angles, and radii.
- Dimensionally and visually inspect all parts, sub-assemblies or assemblies, jigs, fixtures, and mock-ups. Perform magnetic, hydraulic and other types of inspections as required.
- Perform highly skilled fitting, trimming, adjusting, forming, and shaping of assembly operations involving irregular contours, holes, angles to extremely close tolerances.
- Discuss discrepancies in drawings or specifications with supervisor or customer’s representatives. Diagnose trouble-spots and suggest improvements.
- Development work, devise methods for loading and locking devices to facilitate output, make tool tryouts and suggest material deviations. Fabricate replacements and new parts for facility machinery.
- Responsible for following established safety and quality procedures as as to prevent injury to self or others. Responsible for tools, machines, equipment, etc. used in performance of duties. Calibrate tools and maintain calibration records. Routine preventive maintenance on equipment.
Preferred Education / Experience for Machinist Inspector:
- High school graduate or equivalent (preferable from a vocational/technical school)
- 5+ years of formal trades training
- Must have experience in inspection and testing techniques along with experience in recording quality control data.
- A broad knowledge of mechanics, shop practices, principals of mechanics, and workable qualities of materials.
- Use advanced shop mathematics, trigonometry and handbook formulas; work from oral instructions and complicated drawings, specifications, or sketches.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments such as dial indicator, micrometers, level protractors, surface and height gauges, etc.
- Advanced problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
Inspector - Fire Sprinkler
Position Title Inspector
Little Rock AR #3655
Location Little Rock Arkansas
Company provides Fire Sprinkler and Alarm systems, installations, testing, monitoring, inspection and repair.
Currently looking for an Inspector with related experience in Little Rock.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Fire Sprinkler and Alarm systems inspection experience.
2. NICET II Certified.
Post a Job
Title: Quality Inspector
Salary: $30.00-$50.00/hr (DOE)
Contract to Hire
Our client is a leading aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company. We are seeking a Quality Inspector to perform in-process inspections and verify that all key performance and design characteristics are met or exceeded during test preparation and acceptance Testing.
- You will inspect, verify, and proactively support Structures and Propulsion development and acceptance testing; assuring adherence to design, specification, and testing requirements
- Responsible for performing receiving, in process, and final inspection on Structures and Propulsion major subassemblies, including mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic parts, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the site and our other locations i.e. Launch Site, Production, and Manufacturing.
- You will assist with the specification, purchase, and maintenance of calibrated measuring and test equipment
- Responsible for routinely observing technical operations and offer guidance and/or serve as an additional technical resource
- Document production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and process as required
- Associate’s degree in relevant field required.
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- 3+ years in an aerospace environment.
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
Post a Job
Industrial/Hazardous Conditions Inspector
Our warehouse design and improvement consultants can comprehensively review and develop modern warehouses and distribution center facilities and the associated business processes to provide maximum service to customers at the lowest cost. Whether Establish is improving an existing facility or designing a new facility, we apply our considerable design experience and proven ?best-practices? of warehouse operations to develop the optimal layout and flow within a short period of time.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all industrial environmental health program areas, including indoor air quality and ergonomics; preparing written technical reports with recommendations for corrective actions to alleviate hazards; coordinating with managers, medical, safety, fire protection, environmental and engineering professionals to resolve issues that impact the health and well-being of the workforce.
Additional duties include:
Conduct comprehensive baseline surveys of operations to prioritize and plan sampling strategies of potential exposure hazards;
Gather and interpret data from sampling chemical, physical and biological stresses;
Perform specialized surveys involving indoor air quality;
Coordinate medical surveillance programs required to monitor the health status of employees;
Conduct briefings on a variety of industrial and environment health programs
The ideal candidate should possess a related degree/training/ and or experience or its equivalent.
1-3 years of related experience is required.
This position requires lifting (not to exceed fifty pounds), climbing of ladders, and some outside survey work.
Management of the warehouse environment is a crucial part of most companies? survival, recovery and growth. The modern warehouse/distribution center is the central operation in most logistics networks. Whether connected to a plant or as a stand-alone facility, cross-dock operation or single-line or multiple-line mixing facility, the warehouse must not only efficiently perform the classic storage and shipping functions, but often also handle final assembly, kitting, samples, returns, pricing and other special value-added services.
Post a Job