Airport Electrician Job Description Sample
Electrician I/Ii - Citywide
Electrician I: annual salary range is $80,246.40 - $97,656.00, hourly range is $38.58 - $46.95
Electrician II: annual salary range is $84,302.40 - $102,564.80, hourly range is $40.53 - $49.31
NOTE: The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate's qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Electrician classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
The City of San José is accepting applications for the position of Electrician I/II. Written exams are conducted monthly. Candidates passing all phases of the examination process will be placed in a qualified candidate group to be considered for filling present and future vacancies.
Electrician I is the entry level class in the Electrician series. Incumbents are provided with training and experience to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the full range of installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
Electrician I incumbents must complete training, be appointed and pass probation as an Electrician II to retain employment. Electrician II is the journey level class in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment, working independently under general supervision.
Electricians are responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, and operating high and low voltage/amperage electrical components, systems and equipment including: locating problems; determining appropriate courses of action; and coordinating repairs with affected parties. They design, fabricate, and install electrical systems and components and install wiring and electrical equipment, ensuring code compliance.
Electricians review work orders, maintain activity logs, prepare requisitions and obtain approval for various projects. Duties may also include purchasing electrical supplies, including: filling out paperwork; coordinating purchases; and, choosing vendors. They are responsible for responding to occasional emergencies, evaluating and taking required actions and determining if support is needed.
Electricians may perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Electricians in the Department of Transportation are responsible for the ongoing maintenance and improvements of San Jose's streetlight and traffic signal systems. Responsibilities may include installation and maintenance of fiber optic cable, speed radar signs, video detection, traffic monitoring cameras, and 'smart' LED streetlights.
Electricians at the Airport are responsible for a wide range of equipment and systems in a 24/7/365 operation, including repair, installation, operation, and maintenance. Responsibilities may include airfield/airport specific systems and equipment such as series lighting circuits, constant current regulators, airfield lighting control systems, and airfield lights. In addition, responsibilities may include interior and exterior lighting fixtures (including high mast ramp lighting, street lighting, parking lot lighting, etc), lighting control systems, building management systems, access control systems, fire alarm systems, power management systems, building distribution systems and equipment up to 12kv, motor control equipment, baggage handling systems, emergency generators, vehicle gate operators, pump stations and fiber optics.
Shift schedules are based upon the needs and requirements of the Airport, and may require rotation assignments or assignment to a specific shift. Weekend and holiday work may be required, and standby time may be required.
Public Works electrician duties include: new construction, remodels, small tenant improvement projects, lighting retrofit projects, maintenance of pump stations (includes motor controls and PLC's and computerized alarm and monitoring of pumps, etc.), emergency generators, fire alarm systems, vehicle gate operators, badge access controls, lighting control systems, electrical building distribution systems and equipment up to and including 12kv, installing cat 5 and fiber optic networks and maintenance of all City buildings. They also set up temporary power for numerous special events on weekends and public address setups. PW provides standby Electricians 24/7.
Depending upon assignment, Swing Shift, Graveyard Shift, weekend, and holiday work may be required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
Job Expertise - demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices,Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form.
Computer Skills - experience with common business computer applications including but not limited to: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel.
Electrical Safety and Safe Work Practices - demonstrates familiarity and experience with Lock Out/Tag Out, safe operation of tools and equipment, and proper use of personal protective gear.
Problem Solving - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem(s); collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility along with the ability to develop effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
Graduation from high school or equivalent (G.E.D. or California Proficiency Certificate) and completion of a RECOGNIZED Electrician Apprenticeship program, AND successful completion of the City of San Jose Electrician practical exam at level I (achieves 70% or better in up to 3 attempts with a 5-hour time limit).
- Graduation from high school or equivalent (G.E.D. or California Proficiency Certificate) AND completion of a RECOGNIZED Electrician Apprenticeship program AND successful completion of the City of San Jose Electrician practical exam at level II (achieves 70% or better in up to 2 attempts with a 4-hour time limit)
2) Graduation from high school or equivalent AND completion of a RECOGNIZED Electrician Apprenticeship program AND one (1) year satisfactory performance as an Electrician I with the City of San Jose.
- Documented proof of completion of 8,500 hours of both course work and experience in all the areas covered in the State of California Electrician Apprenticeship Standards may be substituted for completion of a RECOGNIZED Electrician Apprenticeship program; these areas include residential wiring, commercial and industrial wiring, intercom and signals, controls, underground work, trouble shooting, finishing and fixture hanging, solid state controls, and stock and inventory.
- Completion of the State of California Electrician Certification exam will be accepted as proof of completion of 8,500 hours of electrical work experience.
LICENSES: Possession of a current and valid driver's license. Electricians working at the Airport are required to obtain and retain a Movement Area Operating Permit (MAOP) within three (3) months of the start date.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country.
The City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor. Airport positions require the candidates to satisfactorily pass a fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check before being considered.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUTIONS:
Candidates who have not completed a RECOGNIZED Electrician Apprenticeship Program must have 8,500 hours of work experience in the following electrical fields. Additionally, there are minimum hour requirements in several fields below:
- RESIDENTIAL WIRING: All work necessary to complete the rough wiring on dwelling type occupancies, such as homes, apartments, etc. (excluding motels or hotels) shall be considered residential work.
- COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL: Minimum of 1700 hours required: Any building or structure when completed will have persons employed (as defined by the State Division of Industrial Safety). Shall include all electrical work from the ground up, and include the installation of all raceways, conductors, and location of all electrical equipment and apparatus inside the building, such as transformers, motors, load centers, distribution centers, etc.
- INTERCOM & SIGNALS: Shall include portion of the electrical system that is necessary to install to transmit voice, signals, or relay of orders, such as fire alarms, burglar alarms, traffic signals, instrumentation, or TV systems.
- CONTROLS: Minimum 850 of hours required: Control work shall be any electrical or electronic means of governing or regulating the functions or motors, machines, in a predetermined manner or sequence.
- UNDERGROUND: Shall be all work installed in ditches (at least 12" deep) outside the building on private property, easements, or on public domain. It shall include all conductors installed in duct or conduit, or where other protection is provided for the protection from mechanical injury, -and shall also include manhole and underground vaults.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: Minimum of 425 hours required: Shall be all work necessary to locate and correct any trouble or failure in an electrical system, and shall include replacement of equipment necessary to repair.
- FINISHING & FIXTURE HANGING: Shall include all trim, plates, receptacles, switches, fixtures, lamps, etc.
- SOLID STATE CONTROLS: Maintain and repair solid state, microprocessor type controllers including a significant amount of bench-work in diagnosing problems and failures.
- STOCK & INVENTORY: Any handling of stock or inventory, putting up orders; delivering materials, tools and equipment to the job, and returning stock and equipment to the shop; repair of tools and equipment, at shop or job.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job-Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, one of which may include a practical/writing exercise.
You MUST answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration. A resume is highly recommended.
A multiple-choice, written examination covering general Electrical Codes, Electronics, Electricity, Safety, Electrical Theory, Tools and Materials, Operation and Maintenance, Blueprints, Testing Equipment/Instruments and Techniques of the trade, will be administered. Testing will be conducted when a sufficient number of applications have been received from qualified candidates. Candidates will be given one to two weeks advance notice of the written examination date(s).
Applicants who successfully complete the written examination will be invited to a practical examination. The practical exam has two components: an electrical diagram exercise and the construction of an electrical control project.
The practical examination will include completing 3 schematic drawings (line diagrams) and constructing and completing an electrical project which will be used to rate your skill in following written directions, conduit bending, knowledge of code compliance and ability to wire various types of control circuits and devices. Candidates will be given one to two weeks advance notice of the practical examination date(s).
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Courtney Phommachack (408) 975-1450 or email@example.com.
For Benefits information, click here
Airport Fire Fighter Trainee
Under immediate supervision trains to combat and, based on level of certification achieved, combats and extinguishes aircraft and structural fires, and performs emergency medical care. Work requires the performance of hazardous tasks under emergency conditions which may include strenuous exertion under such adverse conditions as smoke and cramped surroundings. A large percentage of the working time is spent in supervised training activities, inspection and maintenance of equipment, cleaning and maintaining station, and servicing and maintaining fire extinguishers and installed systems; participates in a variety of based educational programs on fire presentation and related subjects; and inspecting base facilities to gain compliance with fire codes.
Job location is 2433 NW 24th.
Examples of Work
Trains to perform rescue and extraction operations including searching burning aircraft and structures for trapped and/or unconscious victims, and operating the "jaws-of-life". Trains to respond to a variety of aircraft related emergencies: crash of military and civil aircraft, stand-by for in-flight emergencies, fuel spills, special maintenance, weapons loading and aircraft welding. When certified, responds with crew to a variety of emergency situations: holds nozzles and directs agent streams; raises and climbs ladders; and uses chemical extinguishers, bars, hooks, lines and other equipment in performing fire fighting and rescue duties.
When certified, responds to a variety of hazardous materials emergencies, including fuel spills, and other releases of hazardous materials in accordance with Air Force and NFPA standards. Participates in the Base Confined Space Program, and will respond, when certified, to a variety of confined space emergencies (emergency situations involving trapped and or injured personnel). Will also respond to non-emergency calls to oversee confined space entry procedures in accordance with OSHA and AFOSH standards. Will be trained in and respond, when certified, to terrorist incidents involving weapons of mass destruction.
Performs salvage operations including placing salvage covers, removes water and debris, assists in protecting evidence for investigation purposes. Inspects, with a crew, base facilities to gain compliance with fire prevention regulations and NFPA codes, and to become familiar with the building contents, and the surrounding area. Participates in group and individual training and drill sessions relating to fire fighting, emergency medical services, rescue, and related topic areas.
Performs general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire station including cleaning, washing, painting wall and floors; washing and reloading fire hose; cleaning and maintaining fire apparatus. Participates in the Fire Department Public Education Program by promoting fire safety to the general public through tours of the station, safety briefings, extinguisher classes and informational flyers.
Job is located at the Lincoln Air Base.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Must possess IFSAC or PROBOARD certifications as an Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighter (ARFF). Special Note:
Within one year of date of hire must obtain and maintain a valid State of Nebraska Emergency Medical Technician license. Failure to obtain and maintain a State of Nebraska Emergency Medical Technician license may result in termination of employment. Advancement to the full performance Airport Fire Fighter class is required within two years of date of hire.
Persons not attaining required experience and certifications/licenses for advancement by the end of the two year period will be terminated. Employees in this class are subject to uncommon tours of duty, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty. May be on-call during normal off-duty hours.
Successful applicants must pass physical and achieve/maintain an appropriate level Department of Defense security clearance. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Loss of a valid driver's license may result in termination of employment. Must participate in and successfully complete specialized training as required by the base fire chief.
OTHER: Applicants will be screened for possession of these qualifications, and prior to any job offer being made; the applicant is required to pass a criminal background check.
Failure to do so may result in termination of employment. All certifications, diplomas and references will be verified prior to job offer; any falsehoods will disqualify the applicant. Applicants who need accommodation in the selection process should request this in advance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: All requirements leading to full job performance as an Airport Firefighter.
Ability to: Understand and follow oral and written instructions; learn and apply a variety of fire fighting principles and techniques, and to learn the operation of firefighting equipment and apparatus; to think and act quickly, calmly, and appropriately in emergency situations; complete training and certification in a list of requirements leading to full job performance as an Airport Firefighter; tolerate adverse environmental extremes (temperature and noise) and utilize proper protections against other exposures (e.g., electrical currents, toxic/poisonous agents); read, understand and follow a variety of data and information such as technical operating manuals/specifications, diagrams, blueprints, repair manuals, rules and regulations, policies, safety regulations, material safety data sheets, various codes/standards, procedures, guidelines, etc.
Restaurant Manager - EWR Newark Airport - Abruzo
- As a Restaurant Manager you’ll join a company transforming the airport experience. We view travel as a lifestyle, and our mission is to treat the airport itself as a destination. By combining great food, cutting edge design and state-of-the-art technology, is delivering a traveler's oasis, a place within the airport where the pressures of the day soon recede.
- The Restaurant Manager is the central on-site figure in continuing pursuit of service excellence. It is the Manager's job to steer the ship, to ensure the achievement of goals while creating a great place to work in which crew members can excel and deliver a WOW! customer experience.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion for hospitality and customer service, possessing outstanding leadership skills and an ability to thrive under pressure, with the kind of work ethic, enthusiasm and commitment synonymous .
- Handling the day-to-day management of the restaurant
- Providing leadership and instilling pride to crewmembers
- Establishing and executing high standards of food quality and steps leading to great customer service
- Managing staffing and scheduling needs - Administrating management and crewmember training
- Degree in hospitality or culinary field is preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of management experience in restaurants or retail- preferably overseeing single to multi-unit concepts
- Experience with P&L Analysis is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to clear background check for and Airport badge
- Capable of working flexible hours, days, shifts, including holidays
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Part Time) Airport Rd Jackson
At Meijer, it's about our people and their success. Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Deli/Bakery Clerk, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of retail tasks related to additional services provided by our store, product and customer service. You will create those 'WOW' moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers. That's something worth celebrating every day!
Assist customers with their orders for a variety of deli and bakery services
Provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders
Ensure quality service and products for customers by following safety and sanitation procedures
Respond to customer questions in an effective and efficient
Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits
Stock product and product displays according to merchandising standards
Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan
Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
Team Member Discount
Meijer Scholarship Opportunities for Team Members and their immediate families
Leadership Development Training Opportunities
What are we looking for
Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one
Highly-organized with great attention to detail
Great listening and communication skills
Maintain good eye contact and positive body language
Comfortable using electronic bakery and deli equipment
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product
Sr. Analyst - Airport Workforce Management
- Manages a well-defined project management process
- Champions ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Completes projects/assignments from inception to full implementation
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- Undergraduate degree in Aviation, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of Airline experience
- Knowledge of Airportal, StaffPlanner / Manager and OPA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under demanding operational conditions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Requisition ID: 25110
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Management, Engineering, Marketing, Aviation, Technology
Apply/View Full Description - Select North Texas LEAD as Application Referral Source
Airport Operations Officer
- Ensure airport safety and security while providing excellent customer service.
- Act as first responder to airport emergencies and coordinate with all involved agencies.
- Monitor and evaluate the day-to-day activities of airside and landside operations at the City of Fort Worth airports to ensure compliance with lease provisions, policies and procedures and other governing regulations.
- Conduct day and night inspections to ensure compliance with all pertinent FAA and TxDOT regulations.
- Check airport facilities for repair and maintenance.
- Interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures to lessees and tenants.
- Recommend necessary equipment and material purchases.
- Analyze specific operational problem areas as assigned by the Airport Manager and or Airport Operations Supervisor.
- Conduct research and compile data to make recommendations for alternative operating methods or procedures.
- Monitor construction projects for airport safety and governmental compliance.
- Notify tenants and or outside agencies of impending construction.
- Revise and update Airport Certification Manuals and Airport Emergency Plans.
- Ensure proper recording of all documentation and Airport’s 100 percent compliance with all FAA record keeping requirements.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college with major course work in Aviation Management, or related field and no prior experience.
- Successful completion of Airport Operations Officer training within the initial six month probationary period.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License at the time of hire.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and or a Pilot’s License.
Airport Operations Crew PT
The Airport Operations Crew provides award winning customer service to Customers in the airport. The Crewmember checks-in and verifies Customers' personal identification; tags, lifts, and handles Customer luggage; books, sells, and verifies flight reservations; meets and assists with flight arrivals and departures; helps prepare aircraft cabin for departure; coordinates Customer boarding and deplaning; assists Customers with special needs; and complies with any ad-hoc requests as needed. Individuals must excel at serving Customers and be comfortable speaking on a public address system, using computers and airport equipment.
Provide exceptional customer service
Conduct check-in process for Customers via computer
Verify Customers' personal identification
Tag, lift, and handle Customer luggage
Announce flight arrivals, departures, and pre-boarding information via the public address system
Communicate with our Customers to keep them constantly informed
Offer ancillary products to our Customers such as "even more speed" and "even more space"
Coordinate various duties with coworkers and other departments to ensure proper handling of Customers
Help prepare aircraft cabin for Customer boarding and departure, which can include light cleaning of seats, seat-pockets, and floor
Operation of airport equipment, e.g. customer enplaning/deplaning equipment such a Jet bridge, Turbo way, airstairs, etc.
Assist Customers with special needs, e.g. Customers who need assistance in boarding
Crewmembers will be required to perform and/ or rotate through all Airport Operations related functions (gate, ticket counter, etc.)
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
At least eighteen (18) years old
One (1) year customer service, volunteer experience or sales experience
Strong interpersonal and listening skills
Complete fluency in written and spoken English
Successfully complete a customer service assessment
Must be able to adhere to JetBlue Uniform Policy Manual Standards
Able to travel and/or work variable hours, flexible shifts, including holidays and weekends
Experience using a mouse, computer, keyboard and basic word processing, email and office applications
Must be able to use handheld radios and microphones to communicate with operations and make all terminal announcements
Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
Experience performing under pressure and within fixed time constraints
Depending upon location, may need to possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways' insurance standards
Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
Ability to handle objects up to fifty (50) pounds frequently and/or seventy to one hundred (70-100) pounds occasionally with the assistance of other people or tools
Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
Two (2) years customer service, volunteer experience or sales experience
Knowledge of customer service principles and practices strongly
Experience working with various forms of payment (cash, credit cards, travelers checks, etc.)
Previous airline experience
Regular attendance and punctuality
Ability to work flexible hours including holidays/ weekends/ and overnight shifts
Able to make occasional trips to other locations for training or temporary assignment
Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable Crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun
Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
Upholding JetBlue's safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
Computer and other office equipment
Public Address System
Jet bridge and/or air stairs (Customer enplaning/deplaning equipment)
Free-standing computer kiosks used to identify and process Customer reservations
Light Emitting Diode (LED) screens and signs
Subject to weather and elevated noise levels within airports
Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to fifty (50) pounds frequently and/or seventy to one hundred (70-100) pounds occasionally with the assistance of other people or tools.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top
Airport Project Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec Consulting Services Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Airport Project Engineer to join our Airport Development practice. This dynamic individual will be responsible for engineering and leading design efforts for airside and landside airport infrastructure and development projects.
Tasks will include preparation of technical studies and reports, engineering design concepts, construction plans, specifications, opinions of construction costs, and assistance during construction phase services including field observation.
Your Key Responsibilities
Demonstrated successful experience with engineering/design of air carrier and general aviation airport improvements, including pavement, drainage, utility, and landside/site projects;
Ability to coordinate and direct efforts of technical staff to develop high-quality deliverables;
Thorough knowledge and application of FAA design standards and specifications;
Knowledge of FAA and state airport capital funding processes;
Expertise using engineering design and office software, including AutoCAD Civil 3-D and MS Office;
Ability to exercise discretion, and balance the need for independent and collaborative efforts.
Construction administration and observation experience preferred;
Excellent communication skills and a skilled problem solver, with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
BS in Civil Engineering, and 5-10 years' experience inairport/aviation civil engineering.
Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Arizona or the abilityto obtain registration within three years of hire;
Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment,creativity and innovation.
Working knowledge of codes, legal and design requirements inrelevant jurisdictions and developing jurisdictional experience and contacts.
Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues withclients and reviewing agencies.
Current driver's license and ability to obtain airside securitybadge at commercial service airports and passing required security backgroundcheck required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2018, 1:35:49 PM
Req ID: 180002J2
Front Desk Supervisor At Embassy Suites Miami Airport (F/T) Temp
Embassy Suites Miami Airport Job Fair
- Monday 3/5/2018 9am-5pm
Oversees front desk operations. Provides guest service, guidance and leadership to ensure consistent customer service is provided. Assigns and instructs team members in details of work. Monitors lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly. Resolves customer complaints. Trains, supervises, schedules and assists in evaluating staff.
What will I be doing?
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- We do the right thing, all the time.
- We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- We're team players in everything we do.
- We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Airport Operations Center Agent
Are you looking to be involved in the operations and safety of the passengers, families, and staff within the Springfield-Branson National Airport?
The Springfield-Branson National Airport is looking for qualified candidates with a strong attention to detail ability for the position of Airport Operations Center Agent. This position will be responsible for dispatching personnel and maintaining records concerning airport operations and security. Responsible for responding to police-related and other general airport-related communications through the use of various devices (telephone, radio, and computer dispatch devices). For more information about the Springfield-Branson National Airport - click here.
Qualifications and Requirements
Experience, Education, and Training
- At least one year of experience in general dispatching or work in a commercial service airport environment;
- One year of administrative support experience with significant customer service delivery;
Experience with an emphasis on contact with the public;
Undergraduate degree in Airport Management or related field.
- Assignment to some departments requires incumbent to possess a valid Missouri Motor Vehicle Operator's License and in some cases provide own vehicle for on-the-job transportation purposes.
For more information on essential functions and other requirements, please see the job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability and Vet
Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to testing or appointment. Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in The United States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment. Pre-employment drug testing is required.
All interested candidates MUST complete the City of Springfield on-line application in its entirety. The candidate profile must include all employment history with accurate and complete information prior to submission. Resumes alone will not be accepted as the application, but they may be submitted as supplemental documentation.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!