Alexandria Job Description Sample
Network Engineer II (1580-677)
This position requires a technical background in network engineering with an emphasis on design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of enterprise networks. Candidate will be working with a global team of engineers to deploy an enterprise MPLS backbone in support of DoD customers. Candidate must have real-world experience working with the Juniper Operating System (JUNOS).
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Perform network design, configuration, and testing in a multi-vendor lab environment.
* Perform technical reviews of site specific packages for network engineering solutions.
* Evaluate the administration, design, and configuration of LAN/WAN implementations; with the ability to identify and correct issues along with perform updates and upgrades as necessary.
* Communicate site specific installation requirements and site preparation actions needed to support the engineering design.
* Provide guidance, technical support, and problem resolution for site implementation teams to include remote and/or on-site troubleshooting.
* Support development of standardization documents; templates and processes.
* Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) when collaborating with project and program managers, installation and implementation engineers, site personnel, government customers, and engineers from external organizations.
* Knowledge of and application of MPLS protocols and services.
* Knowledge of and application of QoS.
* Knowledge of and application of OSPF, BGP, STP, MST, SNMP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, WINS, RADIUS, and TACAS+.
* Understanding of enterprise network design theory and best practices.
* Understanding of network troubleshooting practices.
* Knowledge of different circuit types and carrier technologies (Ethernet 1G - 100G, E1/T1, OCx, ATM, SONET, DWDM etc.)
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, documents, or governmental regulations.
* JNCA/CCNA is required.
* Strong customer relationship skills.
* Strong self-starter with the ability to work in a group setting and independently.
* Strong ability to multitask.
* Team player, focused and eager to expand technical expertise through self-study and company provided training.
* Experience working in multi-vendor enterprise network environments.
* 5 plus year of networking experience.
* Experience with the development of enterprise network designs and solutions.
* Hands on, real-world experience with Juniper Operating System (JUNOS) and Juniper routing platforms (MX series, SRX, etc.)
* Hands on, real-world experience configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting interior gateway protocols and exterior gateway protocols on a Juniper routing platform.
* Experience working with MS Visio & MS PowerPoint.
* CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification is required.
* Candidate must meet US citizenship and background requirements; should have or be able to obtain at least SECRET Clearance.
* Ability to locally travel within South Korea, and CONUS travel between 10-25% within a calendar year
OT Travel Job - Occupational Therapist - Master's Degree Required
Jackson Therapy Partners is currently seeking a licensed Occupational Therapist for a contract position at a state-of-the-art facility where expert therapy professionals help patients with injuries, illnesses, or disabilities develop, recover, and improve the skills needed for everyday life.
- Masters or Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited educational program.
- Current state license in good standing with the State License Board and up-to-date state and contract -required competency tests and credentials
- Current hands-on CPR certification issued by the American Heart Association
You'll enjoy an incredibly supportive and ambitious team at Jackson where Traveling Therapists have built rewarding careers since 2006. We're committed to sending highly qualified therapists like you to reputable facilities across the US in the cities and towns you choose.
Awesome Benefits Your First Day:
- Weekly, On-Time Pay because that's how it should be.
- Customized Packages built specifically for you that may include referral bonuses, license and CEU reimbursement, and housing and relocation costs.
- Transparent Recruiting Process that won't leave you in the dark about where you're going or what you're getting.
- Flexible Work Schedules: You pick the contract option that fits you best from travel, local, part-time to flexible scheduling.
Experience the stability, benefits and perks of a \"permanent\" job while working year-round or just seasonally, it's up to you. Gain experience or enjoy the choice to work at top notch hospitals, outpatient facilities, skilled nursing facilities and schools across the U.S.
Apply now and you'll be contacted by a recruiter who will give you more information on this or other OT vacancies in the settings and locations that matter most to you.
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot
Public Health Nurse - Sti/Tb 03330 (Al)
Alexandria Health Department (AHD) is one of 35 health districts in Virginia. As part of the Virginia Department of Health, AHD serves the residents, businesses, and visitors of Alexandria and works closely with the City of Alexandria and community partners to achieve its mission and vision.
Alexandria, comprised of 15.75 square miles and a population of approximately 150,000, is the most densely populated city in Virginia and is rich in diversity and community engagement. AHD?s mission is ?Protecting and Promoting Health and Well-Being in Our Communities? and our vision is ?Healthy People, Healthier Communities.? We view ?health? in the broadest sense and this drives our path towards continuous health improvement with a focus on equity of the social determinants of health. The Alexandria Health Department is recruiting a fulltime generalized Public Health Nurse (PHN) to provide clinic and walk-in services for the community.
Job functions include but not limited to: providing professional nursing care to patients in clinics and making occasional home visits. Performs nursing assessments, specimen collection including phlebotomy, may perform lab tests, take measurements, develop and implement care plans, including the administration of medication and case management. Actions performed at this level require licensure as a Registered Nurse by state code.
We are seeking a highly motivated nurse who is flexible and passionate to make a difference in the community and individual lives and excited to help shape the expanded role of a public health nurse in the diverse community of Alexandria. The ideal candidate would be able to independently provide a variety of generalized services as the division further develops delivery systems to expand walk-in access to critical services that prevent and diminish the spread of sexually transmitted infections (inclusive of HIV), TB, and vaccine preventable infections; and promote early access to prenatal and family planning services. The nurse in this position will also provide short-term case management to assure successful linkages to care and support to individuals to adopt risk reduction behaviors.
The nurse will help to implement AHD's non-occupational HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (nPEP) program and case manage persons receiving HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in collaboration with other providers. This nurse will also work with dynamic teams that provide communicable disease investigations as well as clinical care services in scheduled family planning, immunization, OB, sexually transmitted infection and TB clinics, with an adjusted schedule to cover two to three evening clinics (until 8pm) per week. Required to maintain a valid driver's license and adhere to VDH's driver safety policy.
Must possess licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia prior to employment. CPR certification required.
Broad-based knowledge and training related to providing clinical care in the multiple program areas of family planning, the control of vaccine preventable diseases/immunizations, HIV, OB, STI's and TB. Knowledge of social and economic conditions related to public health principles and practices of public health nursing (PHN), family dynamics, communicable disease control, and health promotion strategies. Strong nursing assessment skills with ability to identify needs and address them with appropriate interventions.
Ability to prioritize, work independently and take initiative to implement change. Ability to work with others, communicate effectively both orally and in writing and demonstrate leadership in the assigned clinical areas. Possesses knowledge and skills to successfully work with persons of all sexual identities and effectively utilize behavior change counseling to improve health outcomes.
Ability to provide own transportation with mileage reimbursement for home and community assignments. Must have a valid driver's license from state of primary residency. Must be willing to work an adjusted schedule including the evenings (until 8PM) two to three days per week.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Clinical experience in one or more areas of practice including immunizations, HIV, OB, STI's, and/or TB. Public health nursing experience. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a state and federal criminal history background check and the Department of Social Service's Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check, U.S. HHS IG Exclusion List check, employment reference check, proof of education, professional licensure verification, and E-Verify. Conviction information, ascertained through a fingerprint-based background check, is a final step in the application process (if selected for the position). SDL2017
Nurse Assistant Training Instructor - Prn/Per Diem - Alexandria, VA
: We are currently seeking a Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) Instructor. This is a part-time on call position based in our Alexandria, VA office with variable hours.
We are looking for someone who can teach 2 - 3 days per week evening/Saturdays only.
Provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program; primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program.
The instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants. Major Duties and
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students • Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance • Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy • Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs • Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students • Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines. • Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements • Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues. • Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested • Remains current on state regulations and training standards Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Ability to successfully complete appropriate instructor training as required by American Red Cross and the state. Experience with adult education preferred. • Excellent written and oral communication skills
Unrestricted, current RN license for the State of Virginia required * 2 years experience as an RN in the past 5 years; 1 year experience in long term care
Satisfactory completion of a course for teaching adults, such as a Train-the-Trainer for Nurse Aide instructors, or experience teaching adults or high school students; Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Junior Windows System Administrator - US Citizen
Our client, a leading provider of Information Technology services to the federal government, is looking for a Junior Windows System Administrator to join their team. This a contract-to-permanent position located in Alexandria, VA.
Candidates must have 6 months - 2 years of experience installing and configuring Windows Operating Systems on Servers and Workstations. The ideal candidate will also have at least 6 months experience working with SQL (installing, configuring, maintenance, backups, and restore), as well as working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts.
- Day to day operations and maintenance which include review of audit logs, creating backups of the data files, and maintaining network equipment inventory
- Server/Workstation Security and maintenance updates
- SQL Maintenance across multiple systems
- Creating new and validating current backups of SQL Systems
- Supporting COOP functions of Windows systems with active SQL databases
- Maintain system configuration, system process and procedure documentation
- Maintain patch versions and Department of Defense (DoD) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all network Servers, workstations, and laptops
- Provide technical support and implementation for workstations, servers, and virtual terminals
- Provide installation support for network systems applications
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF)
- Work with other team members to analyze and resolve user problems and perform preventative maintenance.
- Must be available to support a flexible work schedule.
- US citizenship, clearable or possess an active DOD SECRET security clearance (or higher)
- IAT Level II Certification required (e.g. Security+ CE)
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication, and team environments are required.
- Desktop and laptop hardware, software, and operating system management.
- Application and Networking Technologies
- MS SQL DB maintenance and management
- DOD experience a PLUS
- Ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, independently and through to completion.
- Skilled at working in a highly visible, fast paced environment, with minimal supervision and must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be a self-starter who can manage his/her own schedule accordingly.
RN Travel Nurses Needed For 13 Week Contracts In Virginia
ADEX Travel Nursing is hiring Registered Nurses (all specialties) for short and long term contracts. Great pay and benefits to help unlock your earning potential and gain control of your work/life balance.
Specialties include: ER, OR, ICU, CCU, LD, Telemetry, CVOR, CVICU, Cath, PEDS and more…
Choisys Technology, Inc. is seeking a Desktop Administrator to join a team of IT professionals, supporting the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) HQ facility at the Mark Center. The successful candidate will provide end-user device services and support to DMDC users in the National Capital Region. The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills. An active DoD Secret clearance is required.
Choisys Technology, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period of time, 100% requirement to work on site
- Manage and maintain all user Desktops and Laptops on the external (NIPR) network
- Manage and maintain all user Desktops on the internal (IIRR) network
- Provide routine DRS file updates
- Log, update, and track incidents/tickets
- Create and manage standard desktop images for Windows 7
- Ensure that all security requirements are met and infrastructure is compliant to DoD standards
- Provides technical, operational, business and/or managerial subject matter expertise
- Perform the installation, configuration and tuning as well as ongoing maintenance of Client and third-party product components and subsystems for all client organizations
- Participates as a member of an IT technical team; Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements using fundamental understanding of IT process or problems
- Apply Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles to resolve customer incidents
- Respond to system failures and work with the vendor to resolve issues related to servers, switches and routers
- Manage configuration and patching of the desktop and laptop images at client site
- Maintain and enhance personal technical skills (breadth and depth) to support the test lab computing needs of the IT Infrastructure at site
- Provide systems administration support to cross-functional product development teams
- Monitor system resource usage and ensure adequate resources are available to meet the IT requirements through
- resource scheduling and new resource acquisition
- Prepare detailed systems administration plans and level of effort estimates for meeting product roadmap release requirements; provide detailed bill of materials and cost estimates for new hardware and software or upgrades to and maintenance of existing hardware and software
- Control and administer hardware and operating software configurations
- Detect, diagnose, isolate and correct device operational failures (e.g. Desktops, phones, fax, printers, audio visual devices, etc.)
- Support Incident and Problem Management activities with device expertise and troubleshooting
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience administering MS Windows OS and desktops
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook experience required; Basic Exchange server knowledge is preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office 2010 products
- Proven and progressive Citrix enterprise services infrastructure support and implementation experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Solid experience in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) preferred
- Experience supporting servers in a LAN/WAN environment
- DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification required
- MS Certification preferred
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required.
Our leadership team combines years of experience supporting enterprise, cloud and functional IT requirements for multiple Combatant Commands, Federal Agencies and Theaters in support of some of our Nation’s most important missions, both domestic and international. As a small business we are able to quickly re-position and customize team structures to support current and future requirements as mission or business dictates. We do this by maintaining a strong talent acquisition and retention capability, employing highly talented professionals who use cutting edge information technology methodologies and tools to deliver efficient and effective solutions to our clients. We combine formal methodologies, industry best practices and lessons learned with technological skills to solve problems, provide ongoing support, and to deliver meaningful benefits for our clients.
Part Time - Lyft Driver
Make up to $35/hr driving for Lyft. What is Lyft?
Lyft matches drivers with passengers who request rides through the Lyft smartphone app. Signing up to be a Lyft driver is the perfect opportunity for you to set your own schedule and be your own boss while earning extra money. Apply to drive today and start offsetting the costs of your car, covering this month's bills, or funding your dreams!
Why Lyft? Keep All of Your Tips: Earn tips from your passengers and keep all of it -100%. Make More Money:
Prime Time pricing during peak hours means more $ for you. Receive Payment Weekly: Money is deposited directly into your account weekly.
Friendly Community: Our community is full of awesome, respectful people. How Lyft Driving Works:
Step 1: Open the app and turn on "driver" mode. Step 2:
Accept a passenger ride request. Step 3: Pick up your passenger at their location.
Step 4: Drop off your passenger at their destination.
*Once the ride has completed, payment is processed automatically and you're ready for your next ride! Driver
You're at least 21 years. old. You have a 4-door from 2004 or newer. You own an iPhone or Android smartphone. You have a clean driving record and auto insurance.
Registered Nurse (Rn) - All Specialties - 13 Week Contracts
Jackson Nurse Professionals has immediate contract opportunities in the Alexandria area. Get the travel RN jobs you want with top pay, 401K, housing, great benefits from day one and 24/7 recruiter access.
Specialties include: ER, OR, ICU, CCU, Labor and Delivery (LD), Telemetry, Med Surg, CVOR, CVICU, Cath, PEDS, PACU and more…
Cath Lab Tech - 13 Week Contract
MedPro is hiring Cath Lab Techs for immediate and future 13 week travel contracts. Immediate needs for: Cath Lab Tech, CLT, Cardiac Catheter Lab Technician and more!
Great benefits, great pay, great people, great for you! As part of the MedPro team, you will enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits including health, life and disability insurance; matching 401(k); company-paid accommodations; travel reimbursement and more. In addition, all MedPro healthcare professionals will automatically become a part of the MedPro Experience personalized employee experience program that embraces and celebrates travel professionals!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!