Almond Blancher Operator Job Description Sample
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Responsible for the extraction of foreign material from raw almond meats.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manually removes non-specified almond kernels and foreign material from product while moving on a conveyer belt.
- Occasionally performs audits and document findings.
- Collects and logs all pick-out from sorting belts.
- This job description reflects managements assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Minimum level of education required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Incumbent must have good dexterity and visual ability to detect and manually extract foreign material from product on an electronically paced conveyor line.
- Must possess basic math skills and communication skills.
- Incumbents must be able to communicate quality issues and to management and QA personnel.
- Duties consist of repetitive tasks that are closely related and involve few choices. Incumbents are expected to identify problems and assist in solving.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- Must understand Blue Diamond HACCP processes, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices.
- Incumbent must be able to work in noisy environment, around equipment, in the exposure to elements and in dust or heights.
- Must be available to work any shift.
Typical number of Direct Reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas and airborne particles. Employee is required to wear a dust mask and eye protection when needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee is required to wear hearing protection.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
High School/GED (Required)
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Batch & Blend Equipment Operator
Job Title: Batch & Blend Equipment Operator
Facility: Bottling Plant
Reports to: Plant Supervisor
- This position is responsible for all equipment within the facility; this includes but is not limited to the following: sheer pump(s), batching tank(s), storage tank(s), drum chipper(s), mixing equipment, homogenizer(s). The only equipment not under this positions responsibility are the utility equipment, pasteurization systems, (as outlined in the Processing Specialist Job Description) and packaging equipment (as outlined in Equipment Operator Job Description)
- Operate all equipment within the facility to operational specifications
- Monitor all equipment within the facility for adherence to operational specifications, through either digital or handwritten logs
- Perform all basic sanitation needs for equipment within the facility
- Perform basic troubleshooting of equipment, this could include but is not limited to the following: clearing alarms/faults, inspecting equipment parts for damage, inspecting product/medium flow path for points of contamination/blockages/failures
- Perform basic equipment preventative maintenance of equipment, this could include but is not limited to the following: lubing/greasing mechanical parts, changing out air filters, re-filling of automated lubing systems, replacing gaskets
- Perform basic quality control analysis of product(s) produced on equipment within the facility, this could include but is not limited to the following: bottle torque, net content, lot code recording, raw material usage, label application, sanitization chemical titration
- Comply with all plant quality and operational safety policies, which includes but is not limited to GMPs, SSOPs, SOPs, PPE
- Perform all other duties as assigned by plant management
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
The following list of certificates/licenses/registrations is preferred while others are required.
- Better Process Control School – Preferred
- Cannery License – Preferred
- Pasteurizer License – Preferred
- HACCP – Preferred
- SQF – Optional
- Forklift Certification – Optional
Personnel in this position must demonstrate the following competencies to perform this job
- Quality workmanship in performing job duties
- Safety awareness
- Adaptability to ever changing demands in the operation
- Dependability to perform job duties as instructed
- Ability to be punctual to work and work when scheduled
- Competency in reading, and understanding all company issues policies, procedures and programs
- Competency in writing/recording, in English, equipment values or corrective actions taken
- Competency in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, in all units of measure and be able to work with fractions and decimals
- Competency in using common sense and comprehension of training/SOPs/Policies/Programs to perform all job duties
Employees must be able to perform the following physical demands to successfully perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job. The employee with regularly be required to stand, walk, reach with their arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear. Employees will frequently be required to handle, install, position, or move materials/equipment. Employees will also be required to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing. Employees must be able to frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
Employees will be exposed to multiple temperature environments ranging from 34 - 100°F. Noise levels can be moderate to high in these environments as well. Employees will also be in the same room as pipes that will be hot (> 100°F), and carrying cleaning chemicals (caustics and acids).
Machine Operator Entry - VMC Cell Operator - 2Nd Shift
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The employee in this role will be required to perform each of the tasks below in a safe and timely manner. The Machine Operator Entry
- VMC Cell Operator must focus on quality as well as productivity.
As the Machine Operator Entry
- VMC Cell Operator, you will:
Interpret written specs
Repetitive heavy lifting
Perform standard work per the quality work plans
Generate improvement ideas on a weekly basis
Participation in team based improvement activities
Active participation in standard work revisions
Inspect parts using pin / thread gages
Position, adjust, and secure stock or work pieces against stops on chucks, vises, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms
Add coolant and lubrication materials to maintain proper levels
Clean, maintain, and organize assigned area
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks and/or responsibilities that may be assigned or reassigned at any time
This job description is subject to change at any time Qualifications/
High School Diploma / GED
Good safety, attendance, and performance record
Able to interpret shop blueprints
Able to interpret MOSs
Able to do arithmetic and basic shop math
Use standard measuring instruments
Work with minimum supervision
Works well with others To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Maine; Auburn GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator Tracking Code 37751 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Bindery Operator experience in a cutter operator role.
Knowledge of bindery/finishing operations. Job Location Smyrna, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Fork Lift Operator / Machine Operator
Job Description Fork lift Operator w/ Machine Operator Experience Must be reliable and able to work every day. OT may be required. Must be able to lift up to 40#s repetitively as needed. Must be able to stoop & bend. Will load cardboard into the machine, will monitor the machine for quality, will take cardboard off the machine and stack it on skids. Must be able to drive fork lift. Must be willing to follow all safety guidelines-lock out/tag out, steel toed boots required, company supplied safety glasses and ear protection required. Leave all items in company provided locker daily. NO cell phones on the production floor-only on breaks and lunch. Entry level opportunity. Will train on various machines (McKinley, banding machine)
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Manufacturing Operator I - Depal Operator
Purpose: * Operate, maintain and troubleshoot multiple pieces of production equipment in execution of daily production schedule according to the SOP for production equipment. This is a 1st shift position Monday
- Friday. Weekends and/or holidays based on business needs.
Accountabilities: * Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment start up and operation.
Operate/Monitor equipment during operation to ensure quality product and minimal unplanned stops.
Accurately and efficiently perform steps necessary to conduct flavor/package changes and proper shut-downs to minimize down-time wasted resources.
Maintain clean work environment and production area.
Perform all tasks in a safe manner and uphold safety standards.
Perform Quality Checks as required.
Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials.
Participate in daily team/shift meetings and other work related activities.
* Previous experience working in a high speed manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
Prior machine operator experience is strongly desired.
Experience in reading and following written SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) or instructions.
Competency in the operation/monitoring of two or more related and/or interdependent processes.
Must have basicmechanical and troubleshooting skills.
Familiarity/Experience with up-stream and down-stream processes is preferred.
Competency in monitoring and adjusting equipment speeds, pressures, & temperatures using simple tools as needed.
Ability and experience in starting/stopping equipment and operating equipment in “auto” and “manual/jog”.
Ability and experience in making mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic adjustments to “fine-tune” processes based on observations of equipment operation.
Simple process understanding.
Simple tool usage.
Must be able to complete work requests and forms (handwritten and/or computer-based) to accurately document production/downtime.
Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
Strong math skills
Ability to lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis
Ability to stand, walk, climb, bend and stoop throughout shift.
Ability to work in extreme temperatures and work in noisy conditions
Prior Forklift experience is a plus.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
- 2nd shift (2:15p.m. to 10:00p.m) or 3rd shift (10:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) CCBCC is an equal employment opportunity employerLocation: Bishopville, SC
- Job Code:* OP7015
Building Automation Systems, Operator - Building Automation Systems, Operator
Building Automation Systems, Operator - Building Automation Systems, Operator Hiring department Fac Operations & Maint Monthly salary $1,320+ depending on qualifications Hours per week 20.00 Variable Posting number 17-11-13-01-5303 Job Status Open FLSA status Non-exempt Earliest Start Date Immediately Position Duration Funding expected to continue Position open to all applicants Location Austin (main campus) Number of vacancies 1 General Notes 20 hours per week to be arranged with supervisor. Position may include periodically working some weekend, evenings, holidays, and overtime.
Hiring decision contingent upon applicant clearing a security background check. Applications will be reviewed online by the hiring department. Required Application Materials
A Resume is required in order to apply
A List of 3 References is required in order to apply. Additional Information Purpose Provide journey level technical skills associated with HVAC and building automation systems.
Monitor HVAC campus automation systems and related equipment. Perform routine maintenance and repair of BAS equipment. Staff the Facilities after-hours phone and provide routine and emergency dispatch of personnel.
Essential Functions Monitors HVAC and other related building systems for proper operation and alarm conditions to provide advance notification to campus response personnel. Analyzes computer-generated and phoned-in facility-related problems, prioritizes to provide efficient response, uses troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques to identify equipment problems and dispatches appropriate personnel. Handles normal and emergency phone calls.
Dispatches technicians as needed. On occasion will need to be able to respond to crisis situations. Works in a professional manner.
Creates accurate FAMIS Service Requests. Provides timely and courteous customer service, keeps supervisors up to date on daily work order status to ensure clear, concise and necessary communication channels are maintained and customer expectations are met. Communicates effectively with customers to understand their needs and expectations.
Performs work independently from written or verbal instructions and in accordance with established safety procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner. Performs preventive maintenance on the monitoring equipment to ensure that monitoring systems are operating effectively and efficiently. Collects and maintains building automation system data, historical logs, and software databases to collect data to analyze the efficiency of HVAC systems.
Programs building automation equipment for routine and event-driven facility equipment schedules to support campus events. Licenses: Class "C" Operator's Driver's License. Applicant selected must provide a current three year Driving Record from the current state of residence.
If not currently a Texas resident, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 30 days after entering Texas as a new resident. Marginal/Incidental functions Other related functions as assigned. Maintain acceptable driver rating as established in Policy:
UTS157 Section 5.4. Required qualifications High school graduation or GED. Three years of experience in journey-level installation, repair, maintenance, and operation of HVAC building automation controls and systems.
Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate. Preferred Qualifications Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
More than three years experience of the required qualifications. Experience at the University of Texas or in a university setting. Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
Experience with computerized service request systems. Demonstrated excellent customer service skills. Professional demeanor.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the culturally and hierarchically diverse University community served. Proven ability to work with a team of multi-crafted trades people. Experience in a Call Center environment.
Working conditions Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished) May work in all weather conditions May work in extreme temperatures May work around chemical fumes May work around standard office conditions May work around biohazards May work around chemicals May work around electrical and mechanical hazards Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation Use of manual dexterity Climbing of stairs Climbing of ladders Lifting and moving Working conditions found with electronic or computerized equipment. May require to be stationed at a computer monitoring workstation for extended periods. Maintain acceptable driver rating as established in Policy:
UTS157 Section 2.5.4. A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position. The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification form, I-9.
You will be required to present acceptable, original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Information from the documents will be submitted to the federal E-Verify system for verification. Documents must be presented no later than the third day of employment.
Failure to do so will result in dismissal. UT Austin is a Tobacco-free Campus
Fry/ Steam Table Operator /Grill Operator
Fry/ Steam Table Operator /Grill Operator: The primary responsibility of the grill operator is to prepare to order within 5-8 minutes quality grill products in accordance with specific cooking procedures using the grill bun toaster, spat, meat for and CRT.
Cooking times, setting, and monitoring equipment temperatures. Restocking, sanitizing work area and following safety, security, uniform and company rules are essential to successfully operating grill station. The primary responsibility of the fry/steam table operator is to prepare to order quality fry/steam table products within 5-8 minutes in accordance with specific cooking procedures using the deep fry, timer, steam table, microwave, tongs, taco shell former, and fry baskets.
Cooking times, setting, and monitoring equipment temperatures. Restocking, sanitizing work area and following safety, security, sanitation, uniform and company rules are essential to successfully operating the fry/steam table station. Clean work areas.
Good vision (general and close), good hearing, manual dexterity, standing, bending, stretching and walking throughout shift, lift and carry 30 pounds, maintain good personal hygiene/ uniform, and balance a tray. Retains verbal requests and menu preparation procedures. Pass background check if hired. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!